OMNITRACKER ITSM Center Ratings

Overall

About OMNITRACKER ITSM Center

ITSM application that handles incident, problem, change, service asset & configuration, and identity & access management processes. Learn more about OMNITRACKER ITSM Center

Christian B.
ITSM System Administrator
Retail, 10,001+ employees
July 25, 2016

“Great system”

OverallThe first review in this list is not related to ITSM systems at all, but is rather a hand-held GPS. The bad rating in that review is therefore not related to the OmniTracker enterprise IT Service Management (ITSM) system, and should be removed by its author, or moderators. Here are some links to that GPS, to prove the point... http://www.redferret.net/?p=16370 https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Health_Lifestyle/Outdoors_Gear/The_Omni_Tracker-World_GPS_Tracker As a system administrator, I have used OmniTracker before, in Canada, having implemented it to manage my former employer's ITIL processes. After working with it for 2 years, I personally think it's a great enterprise ITSM system, that is very powerful, yet does not cost a fortune, like others in that niche market. One of the main reasons we opted for this system was the licensing model, which offers all-inclusive shared licenses. This saved my former employer a lot of money, compared to other systems charging extra per module or charging monthly per user. Christian Brien ITSM System Administrator
Recommendations to other buyersIf you do a proper analysis, and extrapolate all the costs surrounding ITSM systems over a 7-10 year lifecycle, you will see how economical OmniTracker can be, especially compared to systems using SaaS licensing models, which become so expensive after a while. With OmniTracker, you get a mature stable system that is very powerful, for a decent price. After doing our due diligence, we found that it had the best price/value ratio.
July 25, 2016
Philip E.
Managed Services Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
June 10, 2018

“An old workhorse, that will never die, but also doesnt do much very quickly anymore”

OverallWhile this software served us reliably for many years, we were in need of a more modern system. I would recommend this software for anyone who needs a very customization system, I believe that is where Omnitracker excels.
ProsWe previously used this system for managing our support ticket queues, in addition to some other organization wide processes. There are some very neat ways to customize this software, and some great little things like SMS integration, views that you can create, and a solid calendar.
ConsThe software feels bloated, the interface is cluttered and un-intuitive, and the performance slow. While there are some answers to the more modern systems, such as a web portal to supplement the more standard on premise setups, it feels not fully formed and like it may belong to another time. This software served reliably for many years, but there is a lot of competition now with better approaches.
June 10, 2018
Bugnar C.
8D Reports Coordinator
Automotive, 5001-10,000 employees
June 30, 2017

“10 years of working with in in Automotive Industry”

OverallQuick processing of the complaints; automatic notifications; easy documenting & quick reporting
ProsThe software is sending automatically the notifications for the responsible in case new actions are created; it also fives the possibility of quick reporting for open actions / overdue actions / actions per responsible, etc
ConsThe software does not offer the possibility of customizing certain reporting available in order to create a personalized type of report
June 30, 2017
Houssem Y.
Java Developer
Automotive, Unspecified
August 26, 2016

“OMNITRACKER Expert”

OverallI for more than 5 years as an Omnitracker administrator. I have done all trainings provided by Omninet. I liked plying the OLE interface in VBscript language. That was great !!!
Pros- Flexibility - it make it easer for developers
Cons- Performance - Not web based - Saop webservice but no Rest - look and feel does not change in the desktop according to version 10.2.100 - hosted on a windows server not on a Linux(Performance issue)
Recommendations to other buyers- Performance is an issue otherwise it is flexible and the support is good.
August 26, 2016
Emmanuel S.
Projectmanager
June 7, 2017

“Extensive possibilities for helpdesk but sometimes not as intuitive as I would like”

ProsGreat tool for helpdesk and other IT support staff. Extensive follow up possibilities and communication support.
ConsSome features are not as intuitive as I would like. For example: the workflow for combined requests for changes and activities. Searching for an RFC can be quite tricky.
June 7, 2017
M. G.
Head of Partner Management
March 31, 2016

“Comment on Grame's review ...”

OverallDear Graeme, I am sorry to hear about your experience but I think you picked the wrong company or product for your review. I am not sure what you mean with 'I take my 3 units to 269 City Road Melbourne ... '. OMNINET is a German software vendor with OMNITRACKER as its core ITSM and process tracking software. Neither have we made our way into the Australian software market to this date nor do we know about 'units' at this local address. Why should any of our sales or customer service reps. refer you to an area where we are not present and to a place that is on the other side of the globe? Please feel free to contact me directly via the contact page that is on our www.omnitracker.com website in case of questions or complaints that you still have and I will gladly help you.
March 31, 2016
Graeme S.
January 24, 2016

“unreliable”

OverallOn endeavouring to obtain support, it was recommended I take my 3 units to 269 City Road Melbourne which is an entirely inconvenient location I have found the units unreliable
January 24, 2016