Firebase Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

About Firebase

Software that provides developers with instant message targeting, customized notification content, and unlimited reporting of events. Learn more about Firebase

Haymon N.
April 27, 2019

“My Quick Review for Firebase From My Experience”

OverallSetup, configuration, and implementation was quite intuitive and developer-friendly with Firebase. In my case, I created my own free Firebase account. This was great since for my case, I only had a few active users and Google has a 'free tier' where it supports up to 15k daily users. Any more than that, Google will charge a monthly fee. From there, I just had to include a script in my app that you just copy from the Firebase Console that Google provides (depends on your app and tech stack, but for me, I was using the JavaScript programming language and Facebook's ReactNative), which is responsible for initializing Firebase for your app. From there, you can just start using the Firebase API and making calls to it. For my case, I was using their real-time database (stored in JSON format) - the documentation was very nice and simple, and I was able to store the chat messages and retrieve the chat messages fast. In the Console, there's a nice UI for checking up on the database usage as well, which provides stats for connections, amount of data storage used, bandwidth, and load - all based on your set time period. In terms of authentication, Firebase supports a large variety of user sign-in methods for your app. For my case, I just used an 'anonymous' configuration for my sign-in provider. However, Firebase supports many more such as email/password, phone, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and GitHub. Overall, I would highly recommend working with Firebase!
ProsFirebase can be a great choice for your project or work when building apps. In quick summary, Firebase provides a mBaaS (mobile-Backend-as-a-Service), which in turns helps eliminate the headache for the developer and saves a bunch of time. What may take weeks or months to setup, configure, and possibly more to pay for the infrastructure and hardware - now you can use mBaaS for your app, and get up and running much faster. Now, for my needs, I was trying to build a real-time chat app for my own personal use, mainly just for me and possibly other family members to use (own chat room). Long story short, I was looking for possible ways of implementation here technically, and naturally, a local database for each app would not necessarily be the best decision or suffice - let alone work. I had to work with some sort of remote database in the cloud to store the chat messages. I had many choices to choose from here, including utilizing options available from Amazon (AWS), Microsoft (Azure), Facebook (Parse) and many many more. However, I stumbled across Firebase by Google and decided to go with it. I respect the Google brand and their reputation, and overall, it was a good choice and it worked out nicely. All of the documentation was great and very simple to use/edit.
ConsFrom what I can recall I only encountered one small hiccup where I had to go into the Firebase Console and edit my real-time database security rules (essentially, just a simple JSON configuration file) to improve performance. I can't really come up with many if not any cons at all. I guess you can say that you are going to be reliant on Google/Firebase as part of your tech stack down the road and if anything comes up in the foreseeable future, then that may pose issues. Other than that, it's either you home-brew your own custom hardware and infrastructure or just go with a great mBaaS.
April 27, 2019
Kudzayi T.
Mobile Application Developer
Media Production, 51-200 employees
October 18, 2018

“Google Firebase review.”

OverallFirebase has helped me to develop my mobile applications at a very cheap price. Sometimes I hardly pay a cent. I do not need to have a server, create a database, get a domain, air-conditioning for servers, physical space and hire an IT expert to maintain these components. Firebase does all these things for free. Also I get information on the demographics of my users, their locations, amount of time they spend doing an activity and the time they spend on my mobile applications. I can now know what needs adjusting and whats working completely find. I also get crash reports and also push notifications.
ProsFirebase has 3 plans, there is a free plan which is the Spark Plan, a Flame Plan which has a fixed fee and a Blaze Plan which is a pay as you use. Firebase is an online database facility, it helps to lower the costs of operating an mobile application or a website. It also provides database functions, such as push notifications which would require an experienced coder. It is easy to use if you have basic coding skills. There are free online Firebase tutorials on how to use it and integrate it into your application. It also provides analytics facility which produces statistics on the data you produce, how it is accessed, device locations and models. This aids in knowing target audiences. Also authentication functions are used, this helps in signup, login and also other login functions such as Facebook, Twitter and Google.
ConsCoding skills such as Java, JavaScript, Kotlin and even Python are required. The Blaze Plan can run up costs if coder fails to efficiently produce programming codes that resend requests to Firebase database. Example is retrieving data such as username multiple times, which should have been done only once. Tutorials provides basic information. You might need to go to other sources to find solutions to coding problems. This places are Google Books on Firebase, YouTube, GitHub, online forums and freelance coder websites.
October 18, 2018
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 5, 2018

“Firebase as a go to cloud backend”

OverallTo sum up, Firebase is a great and simple tool for complex cloud backends. Especially the ease of use, the fact that the basic rate is free and the platform support is strong makes Firebase a no-brainer for simple or even more complex projects.
ProsIn my experience as a self-taught Android and web developer, I have started using Firebase as a cloud backend for my projects. It is a versatile tool for lots of different problems you might encounter by developing a product. For my projects, Firebase always had the tools I needed in order to create what I imagined - everything from (Google-)logins, to databases, notification management and crash reporting. And in all these cases Firebase just worked! The few times I had to face errors, I was able to resolve problems easily and quickly by using the Firebase documentation or online communities. The incredible userbase Firebase offers also makes it very easy to find tutorials, help or other advice online. Furthermore, the platform support of Firebase is very good, it supports Android, iOS and the Web and additionally offers C++ and Unity in some cases. The prices of the Firebase tools are also very reasonable, most of them start for free and if used heavily they scale perfectly - in my opinion nobody should be disappointed by them.
ConsActually, there are no upsetting cons I went through in the time I have used Firebase. The Android Studio help dialogue is sometimes outdated which forced me to use the website for code examples. Additionally, I sometimes experienced a problem regarding the database syncing on Android devices, which cloud by solved by switching to the improved Cloud Firestore database.
October 5, 2018
Timothy W.
Lead Software Engineer
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
January 28, 2019

“Firebase for Real-Time technologies”

OverallWe are using Firebase to track users real-time and allow administrators to view user interaction. Administrators can then send messages or notifications to individual users. It is similar to a Live Chat application, but more one-way in that users actions are sent to administrators, and administrators can react if they need to. The setup definitely took time, and we got caught by surprise at our first bill. We were sending too much data through the system. We realized that we needed to create a Pub/Sub system where users and admins watch a flag in their data. Once there was an administrator online to send data to, who wanted to see that data, only then would data be sent. Implementing this system cut our monthly bill by 75% or more. We are happy with the platform and will continue to use it for the meantime. We will always evaluate other platforms, but we have found that none can really do everything we want out of the box, and all require some tweaking to get the product working the way we would like.
ProsFirebase is a well-known and well-liked real-time database that is hosted now by Google. They have been around for a very long time and have always had excellent uptime. They provide real-time data for all users of an application, meaning chats, notifications, or just tracking can all be done live on the website without needing people to reload.
ConsFirebase does have a bit of a learning curve. It is not a simple Pub/Sub system, but an actual database that lives in the cloud. The documentation is mediocre, but that is probably because they are trying to provide documentation for dozens of scenarios and languages. The access control rules are fairly complex and required to ensure data remains secure, but they are not easy to set up. This product does require someone competent to integrate it or build off of it.
January 28, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2017

“Firebase literally changed me from a designer/frontend developer to a full-app developer.”

OverallI love firebase because it enabled me to quickly feel like I am a full-stack developer. I've made multiple full-featured applications because I had firebase.
ProsI love the speed, direction and ease of use with Firebase. Now that cloud functions integrate tightly and together with learning Angular I am able to build full-featured apps in SO MUCH LESS time. I even build apps just for my family because it's fast and fun. It has taken me from being a front-end developer to a full-stack developer in all reality. I love the integrated nature with hosting, deploying, storage, account management and cloud functions. I have a large web application that is headed to beta soon and the whole app front-end, backend etc... (except Elastic Search) is in one project and one place.
ConsIt would be great if email notifications were baked in. I Also would like to customize reset password email templates more. It would be great as well if there were a full-featured mac/pc client to access the database. Lastly some sort of tightly backed in search indexing (preferably based on elastic search) would be great, although this is not hard to do with Searchly and a quick indexing cloud function.
October 25, 2017
Angel A.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1001-5000 employees
July 12, 2019

“The do it all google cloud platform solution”

OverallOverall it is an almost perfect solution for web applications with minimal work for a backend in a managed environment.
ProsMulti site hosting is probably the best feature, allowing you to have several applications hosted, mapped to different domains. Also having firebase functions configurations is very useful to change settings on the fly. All of this works very easily with other google services like google big query or pub/sub. The pricing is also very cheap. Even for just a simple test app with limited calls its free.
ConsSome of the settings for uploading multi hosting is a confusing json file and the documentation about it is not very clear.
July 12, 2019
Likhwa M.
App developer
August 23, 2019

“Firebase is perfect for new app developers”

OverallFirebase has helped me by providing seamless user intergration through authentication and providing an affordable platform to store my app data. It is fairly easy to use but some features such as integration into apps still require more detailed tutorials. I have not had any major problems using firebase and I highly recommend it for anyone who needs back end support for their app.
ProsI like that it takes care of the user authentication and storage of passwords for my app users and therefore I do not have to worry about encryption and all. Firebase is also free for small businesses and this makes it easy for begins to take advantage of the platform before their business can even make money. Firebase also allows me to store data for my app and so it eliminates the need for servers and other hardware to store my data.
ConsI struggled learning to use some of the features despite following tutorials. My aggregated user data still does not show me anything regardless of how many people use my app daily. I also collect user data but I can not export it as an excel file. It would be great if I could arrange my collected data into tables and actually analyse it within firebase and I feel Microsoft Excel excel integration would be quite helpful.
August 23, 2019
Palla B.
Solaris System Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 employees
December 22, 2018

“support from firebase”

Prosif someone make app and want to link with all users who downloaded and using it its great way to connect with your users and reply to them and posting about latest updates,news everthing you want to tell your users,lot of options i noticed lately,so mnay options acctually inside this software and great support from firebase also.firebase will work as abridge between you and users,you can edit whenever you want and update also.and addtional piont is google will update this platform regularly so you can add more featurse.thanks to firebase because i made an app with the help of firebase and running succesfully
Conssome features you cant understand in firebase because you need basic coding knowledge.if some new to this he will deffenetly scare with this thing .if firebase gives some additional knowledge about how to use new features then he will undersstand how to add it.any body link thier app with firebase they have send the instructions to every user who are signed with firebase.you can get a lot of videos on firebase but everybody not a specialists in app making. i personally feel if less coding will helpful for the appmakers
December 22, 2018
Gordon S.
March 28, 2018

“This is the absolute best real time database ever created.”

OverallThis is the best software for all developers be it mobile, web or desktop based applications. Its is very easy to use and understand and it outputs the best results. This is best software to use when it comes to back-end development. I would highly recommend it to all developers.
ProsFirebase is a very responsive. Uploaded data is pushed to client devices in real time, this saves a lot of time and resources. Offline client devices are updated on uploaded data once they go back online. Data is structured in a simple understandable manner. The free version of the software is as good as premium versions.
ConsIn data structures, the developer cannot nest data in more than 4 levels without running into multiple issues on retrieving the data. There are limitations on number of simultaneous connections when it comes to the free version. For the free version there are also limitations on making external queries, hence filtering the data from the server side becomes an issue.
March 28, 2018
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 23, 2018

“One of the best Cloud platform for developers”

ProsIt has realtime database, cloud storage, different type of authentication, ML kit and hosting. Among those i used realtime database, storage and authentication for my Mobile Application. They are easy to use. just in couple of line of codes the cloud database can be easily created. Even i used their hosting service to host one of my website, to host ur website u dont have to copy or paste ur code anywhere else just by using your command prompt or terminal you can deploy your code in Firebase and instantly your site will be online. You can deploy a new version of your code, even if u want to go to previous version of the website its just a click away.
ConsEven though the it has great features and easy to use functionality the pricing of the platform is very high. And it not suitable a common person it was fully dedicated to be used by a developer.
October 23, 2018
Sarath S.
March 29, 2019

“The Best Realtime database service by google”

OverallI liked almost all features because firebase is very easy to use, i made lots of android apps using firebase and some web apps too , and it all working perfectly, so overall firebase is the best when it comes to ease of use for small apps.
ProsI really like the fact that its a realtime database, And it can be implemented in Android,iOS and web platforms , I really like when firebase sync data with all platforms because of its realtime feature. and i realy like the feature to configure security rules for my entire database or for a specific child database. And firebase provides Authentication services that we can use to implement to authenticate user using Google,Facebook, Github ,Email ,Phone and more. And one other thing i should mention is the ML Kit there are lots of stuff that u can do with it like Image Recognition.
ConsFirebase is not a SQL based database its a JSON based database, so it cant be used for lots of structured data, because of that we cant use powerful complex queries on Firebase.
March 29, 2019
Pablo R.
March 12, 2019

“Amazing to create your products”

OverallSo far so good, no problems, just choose the right tool for each job.
ProsFirebase is a complete platform to create your next startup project, for mobile or web. Depending on your needs you'll get a lot of out of the box, easy to scale products. From the database, AI, serverless, authentication, static hosting (mix with cloud functions for dynamic!), storage and even real time database. I've done some projects with Firebase and is amazing to get something quick, and scale it later. You can mix with other Google Cloud products to get a full cloud project running.
ConsIf you need relations, complicated queries to your DB, or text search you might need to add another layer like elastic search, go with other Google product (SQL DB) or use MongoDB. Firebase databases are amazing, but you need to know the use you will give it.
March 12, 2019
July 9, 2018

“Excellent cheap/free backend with extensive documentation and a large developer community.”

OverallAfter parse closed down I had to setup my own server to run my backend but with firebase and firestore I can rid myself of running a complicated server and just rely on firebase for a fraction of the cost.
ProsTheir free plan is amazing for people like me without much capital to start with and with the newest database they've add called firestore this backend is all you could hope for. When you run into trouble you don't really need to worry since they have great documentation and guides for basically every platform they support. If you can't find help on their website then head over to stack overflow where almost every issue under the sun in already on the site.
ConsSome search queries are a pain to code due to the limitations of firebase. Even with the addition of firestore its still a problem but it can be somewhat worked around.
July 9, 2018
ahmed Abd D.
April 25, 2019

“Backend Future”

OverallWe found all we need in one place you can make a complete website and mobile app and rely only on it.
ProsReal-time database: you don't need to do any action data changed -> listener fires with new data. NoSql Database: very fast and it's scheme very easy to build. Firebase Auth: No need to add every single login with third party alone just add firebase auth and it'll do everything for you Google sign in, facebook sign in, twitter sign in and you can even login with phone number and firebase will send verification code that's awesome. Also, many other things that make firebase the future and they still improve.
ConsI didn't find any cons till now and I think the reason is Google as firebase belongs to it the are good they are updating it every week that's awesome.
April 25, 2019
Information Services, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“A database for your mobile application projects”

OverallI recommend Firebase to anyone looking for a simple and reliable solution for their project. For the beginning, this is the best choice, and after some time everyone can decide whether to continue this option or choose something else.
ProsWhen creating a mobile application, we used this database with my colleague, as it offered all the options we needed. It is fast, efficient and offers a web interface. You have to pay after a number of queries. We've never had a stability problem, the database has always worked. Very good feature are reports that you can receive directly to your mail when the application crashes.
ConsWe missed a mobile app to check some things quickly. We also had a problem viewing some of the database data on a webpage for an Android project.
May 14, 2019
Orkhan M.
Software Developer
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
July 17, 2019

“Free realtime database for android developers”

OverallThis is my main datasource for the applications that I am developing for android.
ProsIf you are developing some application in android and you want to have a real time functionality in your application you can directly use Firebase and it is easy to register and integrate. I like it because it is developed by Google and according to it is developers it is the best database for android. In most of my applications I am using it because of its simplicity and functionalities for developers.
ConsThe only problem with database is that maintaining the database is not easy because it does not have a structure like other databases and you need to spend some time for understanding how to use it.
July 17, 2019
madhav t.
January 20, 2019

“The best non sql database out there”

OverallOverall, I have had a great experience with Firebase, before when I tried integrating sqlite onto my android app and syncing the app data every time to mysql, it took a lot of effort and coding to maintain both the languages, but now with Firebase I almost don't have to worry about the back end and just focus on the front end of my application and give my application a better look as well as more functionality.
ProsThe fact that really astonished me as a software developer for mobile applications was the cloud functionality such as firebase functions which meant running my server less and that decreased so much of my time and effort spent on maintaining my server, the other thing that I liked about firebase was the cloud messaging functionality which really, really helped me send broadcast messages as well as send offers and target a specific audience through cloud functions and this has widely improved my business.
ConsThe thing that I was not at ease of using was the fact that I had to save the data in a tree like structure, and although json data is pretty common, I still find it quite irritating to work with json data.
January 20, 2019
February 12, 2019

“Fast development of the application”

OverallMy experience was amazing. All the applications were great. You must experience at least once.
ProsIt's Crashlytics is amazing even if your application is crashing you will get to know at which line of code it is crashing. Other than this It's authentication of user is also good through otp . It's well documented so that you don't have to suffer for the code. It's notifications also i have implemented it's FCM this will easily integrate to your application. It's analytics also have very good functionality as you will get to know number of hits in graph format.
ConsI used firebase cloud messaging, Crashlytics , Authentication and analytics. I have not find such an issue to mention.
February 12, 2019
Dominic R.
Systems Architect / Senior Consultant
May 19, 2019

“Great for what it's good at”

OverallOnce you understand what Firebase can provide for you, it's simple to use and extremely powerful. Learning is easy since Google has done all kinds of tutorials ans sample apps to show you what it can do.
ProsFirebase is simple to use and make make developing modern web apps incredibly powerful. Realtime database with asynchronous data syncing was a godsend for developing a work order management app where multiple users could be updating the same records simultaneously.
ConsThis is not a traditional database. I hesitate to call this a "con" because it's not what it is designed to be, but for Firebase beginners that might be attempting to migrate from a SQL-based understanding to a modern "web db", it can be a little confusing. However, there are ample resources to help you learn.
May 19, 2019
Rosmery S.
Docente IV
May 1, 2018

“It is a software to develop apps easily and quickly, with the support of Google.”

OverallIt is the best engine to develop applications of low, medium and high complexity, aimed at enthusiasts in the creation of modern, practical and functional apps. Google incorporates a series of already developed add-ons that allow you to create functional infrastructures that help you solve situations and problems related to your daily situations
ProsWith Firebase I can create really functional and excellent quality apps, without having to worry about managing the infrastructure. Google provides complementary products that greatly facilitate the creation of apps oriented to any type of business or need. It allows me to progressively incorporate new functionalities to improve the efficiency of my apps. It allows me to incorporate a very practical chat tool.
ConsIt is a perfect tool for enthusiasts and beginners in the creation of apps, but it is limited in terms of technological reach. You can develop very creative and efficient apps that will help you solve daily problems or improve processes related to your daily activities.
May 1, 2018
Zhao Z.
Research Assistant
Research, Unspecified
February 21, 2018

“My major is computer science. I use Firebase to develop a website and IOS Application.”

ProsFirebase is a really amazing product for software developers. It helps me save a lot of time. If we want to develop a new website or mobile application. It is so convenient and time-saving to use Firebase as the database service support. The API of Firebase is easy to use and supports every platform and programming languages like PHP, Java, Swift. The document of Firebase supports various languages and very concise. I love the authentication API support of Firebase mostly. Because of the authentication API of Firebase, I can get rid of writing similar authentication code every time when I start a new project.
ConsCloud Firestore is a new database service that Firebase provides. I test it several times and it is still a little unstable, especially when it came across a large number of requests. But there are many good features. I hope Firebase can publish a stable version of this new database server as soon as possible.
February 21, 2018
Tung F.
iOS Developer
July 18, 2019

“Good but can be MUCH better”

Pros- good documentation - easy to integrate - nice videos with explanations
ConsPlease add features: - error reporting (like crashlytics had). not crash reporting but specifically error reporting. something similar to events reporting but for errors. - the UX of events and parameters is super hard in the Analytics section. please improve the UX there - i think the best thing crashlytics had but you didn't implement is the every day emails that are sent to the mailbox with stats on your app (analytics stats but not crash reports)
July 18, 2019
Satish P.
Writer
July 16, 2019

“The All in One package for any application”

OverallWe are using Firebase for our application needs for almost months, and we are really impressed. Firebase provides all the features that our app needs. We also use Firebase Functions as a back-end to some of our chatbot applications with Dialogflow and it provides a very reliable service.
ProsFirebase has a very flexible pricing plans. It has almost every feature that my applications needs from Hosting to Database as well as Cloud Functions that lets me easily host Node.JS application seamlessly. Firebase Realtime Database is one of the best thing I like in Firebase. It is a very easy to use and a good database for smaller application. Also, Firestore is always an option if I need some larger and advanced database. Cloud Functions lets me host my Node.JS applications in the cloud. Hosting allows to me host my Angular application. I can also manage all the app authentication using the Firebase Authentication and the Cloud Messaging feature is very good that helps me to integrate push notifications easily into my app. The best part is that I can manage all my things by just using Firebase CLI.
ConsAlthough I like everything about Firebase but the deployment process is the part that I always wish should be improved. Even a single change in the code needs the app to be deployed fully.
July 16, 2019
Nadusha V.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
December 27, 2018

“Push notifications and deep linking has become a piece of cake”

OverallIn the end , yes it has some bugs but it's really useful. It's like an ultimate solution for so many problems that we've been going through for a long time. And it works real fast and it has real time data update architecture. So overall, it's basically a super useful tool.
ProsSo if you're an app developer you should know how hard it is to integrate push notifications to an app. it's a hassle. but ever since Firebase came into play, it has become so easy. Plus android studio has an assistant tool that can lead you throughout the process of integrating firebase to an Android app. You basically have to follow some simple instructions and you're good to go!. And regarding deep linking, everything is very easy. and you can deep link your app to t\very fast and easy. and you can use firebase as a cloud backend as well . and it provides you with crash reporting tool that you can use to track crashes and other useful info.
ConsSometimes bugs pop up when you login to firebase console and try to add sha1 fingerprints. It's really confusing sometimes though. And understanding firebase in the first place is kind of "not that easy". but once you get along, it's all good.
December 27, 2018
Ahmed B.
May 9, 2019

“Amazing beck-end and analytics tool for developers ”

OverallAs an android developer firebase was one of the very first tools I have learned as I can depend on it to deliver the whole app, it's just amazing
ProsAll firebase features from the real-time database, firestore and firebase storage to analytics and push notifications, firebase has been an excellent solution for me as a developer in almost all the apps that I have been developed in addition that its a free tool
Consthe number of apps that can be created for the account can be increased as we use firebase very frequently and sometimes you can't afford to buy a new quota
May 9, 2019
Hector H.
Licenciado Educacion Musical
Music, Self-employed
August 13, 2019

“Firebase makes you Professional”

OverallOne of the problems that it solves, is that it is a source of employment, thousands of people willing to take this road very seriously, it gives you a platform so that you can own your own business, I really like it a lot, solve The problem of paying high sums of money per application, when you can develop one yourself, I don't say it's fast or easy, that's why not everyone does it.
ProsThis platform is really, surprising, while some are concerned with serving mobile applications, in their use, others are engaged in developing and generating income, what I like most about this platform, is that it gives you the opportunity to be great, facilities to be an application creator, luckily I am already seeing the fruits of this work, it is really worth investing your time in it, you learn something new every day, it is very good.
ConsWhat can lead you to dislike is complexity, unfortunately, we have a characteristic that defines us, and it is impatience, we want everything fast, and this application is very complex, there are many codes, many commands, nodes, websites, configurations, that make it very complex, so there is a branch of the study dedicated exclusively to the development of application, it is not easy, but nobody says that it is impossible, it is possible.
August 13, 2019
Jakub W.
Financial Director
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
November 8, 2018

“There is a mobile application and it helps in work”

ProsWe use Google FireBase for about 3 years. I think this is a great platform for working with databases. Most of all, we appreciate the opportunity to work not only from a computer, but also from a smartphone on any of the two platforms - Android or iOS.
ConsAfter the last update, the application began to shut down frequently on an unplanned basis. This problem is observed only on Android smartphones. While working on the iPhone or iPad, there is no such problem.
November 8, 2018
Chanuka P.
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 30, 2018

“Awesome database, specially for android applications”

OverallI have used Firebase as my database for my android application I developed as my final project. This was really easy to learn and integrate to my development of the application.
ProsFirebase is great if not the best database to use when developing android application. It easily can be connected with android studio where most android applications are developed. The JSON data type is used in Firebase and it works well in JavaScript full stack development. Any application requires real time data can use Firebase as the database for said application.
ConsThe main drawback is the any application that uses Firebase as their database needs an Internet connection to work as intended. And this is best suited for real time applications, if your are not developing such application this may not be the best choice for you.
September 30, 2018
Education Management, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2019

“Best for cloud platform for developers”

OverallI recommended this platform
ProsFirebase is basically the next generation API platform for with making sense for all mobile app developers in common with help of google cloud platform. Here its user javascript object notation with features always remove bottlenecks within data and the objects. Also, here its serialization the apps with canonization all data access flies with authentications. No added cost for server hardware infrastructures with essential to power up because of this work in google in build servers. A user of file base will pretty much happy with massive storage capacity with real-time in live.
ConsLimited querying and indexing make more uncomforted for users. Mapping makes difficulties due to not listed and well-managed level queries by itself. When it is to migrate off, have rewritten all back-end codes. Because the dev must dedicate them self to make sure nothing will be messed up during migration. Also, it will not be supported at all database migrations this will work with only unit tests. In case migrated, architecture is totally different it will impact for a huge loss.
April 28, 2019
Stephen O.
March 8, 2019

“Awesome tool for building great MVPs”

ProsOffers a wide range of services and features that cover everything you need to build an awesome modern application. Cross-platform support. Supports a wide range of programming languages. Offers many sample apps so you can quickly learn how to use the tools it provides. Integrates with a host of useful Google products and third-party services.
ConsThe customer support needs to up their game, and fixes to bugs should be released faster.
March 8, 2019
Thidasa P.
Associate Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 24, 2018

“Easi”

OverallI've hosted few of my sites in Firebase. And used Firebase NoSQL realtime database as a database for couple of my projects.
ProsI've used Firebase to few of my projects. Sometimes as a Realtime database. Sometimes as an authentication service. And sometimes as a hosting platform. Each functionality works exceptionally well. As there are guides and tutorials I was able to integrate those services without hassle.
ConsWhen I started using Firebase it was bit hard to learn. Because even though there are many number of tutorials out there, as firebase was growing so fast they became old. So, they might not work with current versions.
November 24, 2018
Mark W.
April 27, 2018

“Firebase has just made working "serverless" so much easier !”

OverallIt has tremendously helped me cut down deployment time as I no longer have to an in-house server and configure it and deal with the nitty-gritty of DBs and OAuth.
ProsThe best parts about Firebase have to be the super efficient, javascript friendly realtime-database and the Firebase auth.The hosting is good, although there are better options like Amazon's S3 and Bitballoon by Netlify (if your site is completely static).
ConsFirebase could improve it's nomenclature system with it's functions as this can be a daunting task for a first time user.However, using third-party modules like the "axios" node module simplifies this to a great degree.
April 27, 2018
James G.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 6, 2018

“Everything in one”

OverallBest resource for mobile developers ever created.
ProsI could not develop without Firebase. It has every single feature for mobile development you could ever want. I have multiple projects with data, storage, FCM, analytics, etc. I was using Firebase before it was bought my Google and it has only gotten 10x better.
ConsFirebase continues to change the layout and design of their console when they add new features. Its a catch 22, but can occasionally be annoying.
February 6, 2018
adetunji a.
Instructor
February 7, 2019

“Makes real time messaging easy”

ProsIt's very easy and fast to setup and at the same time it's relatively less expensive compared to othe realtime database platforms. I and my team mostly use Firebase for realtime messaging and notifications on our app enabling sending OTP very easy and fast. Also, it is fast growing, has it's documentation very easy to understand and even if it seems difficult, there is a lot of tutorials for firebase out on the internet to enable you better understand the documentation. One of the good thing is that you can start using firebase for free then later upgrade as you begin to have more app built and need much more storage and create multiple databases for your apps.
ConsThe only thing that bothers me much is that it is so stressful to migrate out of firebase. This is always stressful and makes you want to start building some data all over again. That's a major problem for all users
February 7, 2019
Hira T.
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
June 8, 2019

“Easy App development”

OverallI used this server for android application development. It makes all the things real and efficient. It is the most flexible and usable cloud i have ever used
ProsIt provides a very very good user-interface hence increases the learn-ability for all developers. It makes the android app development more easy for backend developers
ConsThere must be automatic graph generation for all the numeric fields in real-time database
June 8, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“Firebase is best for building Real-Time application.”

Overalloverall firebase is best for building real time app rapidly this save lots of time for code in backend side.
ProsFirebase is best real time database tool.firebase is very easy to integrate with android studio for building realtime apps.firebase provide sdk and very well document for getting started with it.firebase provide realtime analytics of app related to crashing and number of installation that's amazing.
Conssometimes its difficult to make query on database.firebase constantly update new things in firebase but not updating changes in documentation.this not good.
September 27, 2018
Almond Joseph M.
Web Programmer
July 26, 2018

“It keeps getting better and better”

OverallIt's a great service to have for any mobile app, the crashlytics itself is a good to have when deploying a mobile app.
ProsAfter Google acquired it, it just get better. The database server got better and added tons of features and even other part of the services got way better like cloud messaging, analytic, auth functionality, crash reporting and admob integration. They provide good library for different platform and usually updated and with examples.
ConsThe learning curve when you come from traditional software stack is pretty high, the documentation on the site doesn't help with this problem too. Most of the stuff you'll learn in the database side can't be applied to other software and it's still lacking custom backend integration.
July 26, 2018
Yusmelys L.
ANALISTA
May 8, 2018

“My experience has been good is an integration alternative between all Google solutions to communica”

OverallOther benefits such as Real-Time Databases that allow you to store and synchronize data in real time. Authentication that manages access to the entire infrastructure. Lodging that offers a static and safe accommodation for the application. Storage built for developers who need to store and serve content such as photos and videos generated by users. Cloud messaging that allows reliable delivery of messages and notifications at no cost.
Pros Firebase facilitates the growth and loyalty of users through various technologies, which allows users to send invitations by email or SMS and share the application directly with their contacts and provide the best experience on different platforms and motivate the user to Install the application if you still do not have it.
ConsI like it because Firebase has a wide variety of services that help in the creation of applications in an agile way. If you want to do a custom analysis or combine the data with other sources, you can link the data from Analytics with BigQuery, this makes it possible to perform a more in-depth analysis, such as combining data sources and consulting large datasets
May 8, 2018
April 22, 2019

“Free Data Storage for Android Developer ”

OverallI am using it as a database for my startup application.
ProsFor android development it is difficult to keep the data for the applications, for this you need to use some extra web server. However, you can solve this problem with the help of Firebase, it provides a connection from your application directly to firebase and keep the application data on the cloud. You just need to create a firebase account and connect it to your application.
ConsThe only disadvantage of firebase is that, it does not have a table structure and it is not SQL like database. The data has tree structure and it is not eay to save and retrieve the data without proper knowledge.
April 22, 2019
Artem Z.
Junior .NET Developer
December 8, 2018

“Convenient application collaboration tool”

ProsWe use the Google FireBase online service to work on mobile applications in a team. All personal data is located in the cloud storage from Google. There is the possibility of in-depth comprehensive testing of ready-to-release projects.
ConsWe now turn to the flaws of the Google FireBase system. First of all, there is no function in the system for automatically sending notifications to e-mail. Secondly, for the correct operation of the application database requires a permanent connection to the Internet.
December 8, 2018
Andrey O.
Vice President of Development
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“Convenient service with an intuitive interface”

ProsIn Google Firebase, it's convenient for our employees to work together on a single project. It integrates with Google's tool for analyzing visitor behavior.
ConsThe main disadvantage of Google Firebase is the inability to conduct application development without being connected to the Internet. There is no integration using API with other cloud services.
December 4, 2018
Jessica M.
Cashier
Retail, Self-employed
October 11, 2018

“Excellent All-Inclusive App Development Platform”

OverallWith Firebase I am able to thoroughly test my apps before release and use their tools after release to help solve bugs and crashes that users are reporting in real time.
ProsMy favorite thing about the Firebase is the Test Lab. I loved being able to run all kinds of scenarios to make sure my app's code functions correctly on all types of devices. I also like how I can weed out the possible crashes before they happen.
ConsHonestly it is hard to find something I don't like about Firebase that's not superficial. The only thing I could say is that I didn't like how features were recently rebranded. I kept trying to search for a feature I had previously used and was not able to find it because it was rebranded
Mark M.
Software Architect
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
October 6, 2018

“Comprehensive Mobile Development Platform”

OverallWith the enhanced user experience console, cloud storage and real-time database, the application performance is of high quality definitely a wise choice of technology to implement.
ProsRealtime database allows you to store and synchronize data very fast. Authentication is also made simple and very secure. Supports integration with other applications . Its console is easy to use and you only need the google account to start.
ConsWhen the number of users increase this means that the package subscription should also be upgraded which is very expensive.
October 6, 2018
Sulav N.
August 11, 2018

“Perfect Realtime Database Solution”

OverallI have had a good experience with Firebase as I have used it in different Android apps to solve the problem of real-time databases. It provides a smooth solution to real-time databases. Other features provided by Firebase like authentication, file storage, Crashlytics, NoSQL databases are also cool features to try.
ProsI have never been able to find any better real-time databases than Firebase. Whenever there is a need for real-time databases, the only thing that strikes my mind is Firebase from Google.
ConsI just miss support for more demanding languages like Python.
August 11, 2018
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees
September 27, 2019

“Good for Predictions and Analytics”

OverallIt's easy to use. It's provided by tech giant Google. It's not going to be out of service. Especially it's good for sales and marketing teams.
ProsIt is provided by Google. So, we can say it's trusted platform. Firebase is good for sales and marketing teams. They can see analytics results and predictions. So, with this data, a company can understand a user is churn or not.
ConsFirebase cannot tell you where the data is stored. In many countries there are regulations regarding customer privacy and data protection.
September 27, 2019
Computer Games, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2019

“Very good analytics framework for games and monetization”

OverallBusiness Intelligence through metrics and monetization improvements
ProsFirebase's unique connectivity with the google play appstore, allows for the optimization of monetization based on specific metrics. This can be used to greatly increase the revenue on apps based on user actions
ConsSometimes it can be hard to implement, it has a bunch of libraries that make your build bigger, and it slows the loading process on your apps. For the most part it's ok, but something to consider depending on the app type
September 5, 2019
Zohaib A.
Co-Founder
July 25, 2019

“This is your stop if you want to build/run up-to-date apps without crashing”

OverallIt offered us a way to implement Machine Learning into our apps development phase which was pretty cool and we wouldn't have done it without firebase's help. Our top list of it's features are: 1. ML kit 2. Hosting the data on google's server 3. It being able to help run apps more smoothly on various platforms
ProsTo newer entrepreneurs who are looking to introduce their business model to their partners through tech-savvy apps, Google Firebase was and is an incredible help in saving us time, energy and processing power. It's been an incredible platform for us to host our data on, all the users' info and most of all, analyze that data to better the experience when the app is used on various devices with different operating systems.
ConsIt only helped us newbies build trust with our partners and a good understanding of what we want our app to look like, so, we wouldn't dare bash Google ; )
July 25, 2019
Janith J.
Systems Support Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2019

“Best Realtime Cloud Database ”

OverallThis is the best solution for insert or update data real-time to a cloud database. If your are a person that develop applications using android and needed real-time database, this is the best one to use. Firebase has very resourceful documentation. initially it is hard to learn. but when you learn this, it's very easy to use.
ProsFirebase is really fast and responsive if you have a good internet connection. Additionally it has resourceful documentation.
ConsYou need a good internet connection and you have to learn lot to use Firebase features properly.
January 31, 2019
Marcelo A.
Desenvolvedor de software
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
January 29, 2019

“Very Easy To Use, Android And IOS Support, Free Plan.”

ProsA very good tool to help you building apps for Android and iOS. It allows you to create a backend on cloud very quickly. Realtime database, push notification and social network login are some of functionalities that you can do.
ConsI've tried to find an issue of Firebase, but I couldn't. It's very complete. I recommend it.
January 29, 2019
Dan G.
Data scientist
Research, 201-500 employees

“Very good platform”

ProsWe use Firebase for application development and corporate document management. A big plus of the service is access to offline data. Any of our employees can make changes, even if he currently does not have the Internet. (the result will be saved when you reconnect).
ConsDevelopers will not hurt to work on stability. In the case when a small number of employees work at the same time, everything goes well. But if there are many employees, the response time greatly increases.