Clearscope Ratings

Overall

About Clearscope

Clearscope helps content teams streamline their content process and drive more organic traffic. We help hundreds of companies including Adobe, Credit Karma, Shopify, and more. Learn more about Clearscope

Alex L.
Head of B2C Marketing
May 29, 2018

“It makes content research/development easy to manage while maximizing algorithmic-SEO qualitity.”

OverallEasy to use tool to help inform SEO-driven content creation and streamline the creation process. Also easy to optimize existing content.
ProsNew Content Development - For a given keyword, Clearscope pulls an easy to read report of keywords that should be included in a new piece of content, and how frequently - this makes it extremely easy for a writer (freelance or in house) to follow in order to deliver algorithmically strong SEO. Now, you just have to proof for editorial / voice, knowing it's strong content that has a better chance of ranking. - Additionally, it gives you the top quality content that's already out there so that you and your writers know what you're up against, and get insight into the tone, voice, etc. - At the end of it all, you can throw the content the writer wrote into the tool to see it's SEO grade. Existing Content: - Have existing content that you want to optimize and get more traffic to? Run it through the tool, see recommendations, and send it to get edited. The tool also has a powerful keyword research / recommendation engine. In summary: huge time saver and accuracy booster to help make content development and optimization turnkey. Also, working with the team is extraordinary. Some of the best support I've ever had. They also help you understand how to use the tool to maximize impact, rather than just having the subscription. Strong general SEO context is also a huge bonus.
ConsEverything that comes to mind is really just out of personal preference for experience or aesh - The UI is clean, but could potentially be more modern. - Could be more distinct visual difference between the general keyword research tool (no limit on usage) and the keyword optimization tool (currently credit-based) to prevent user error.
May 29, 2018
Alex P.
Director, SEO & Product
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2019

“Clearscope is a great tool for crafting content!”

OverallWe were very early adopters of Clearscope. I've had an excellent experience using it since the beginning, and so has my team. I always recommend it to everyone I work with.
ProsI love how easy Clearscope makes it to find the content gaps between your competitors and you for any given keyword, on a granular level. This would be prohibitively time-consuming otherwise. That being said, my favorite feature is the content optimization tool. It allows you to easily fill in those gaps while crafting and/or optimizing your own content by providing live feedback on your progress. Lastly, the pricing is great for the value you are getting. Similar services are significantly costlier.
ConsThat there was no way to integrate it with Google Docs, so as to avoid having to copy paste the content into Clearscope for analysis. But they're working on making that possible now.
May 11, 2019
Brian S.
Senior Manager, Content Marketing
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 7, 2018

“My go-to SEO tool for creating content that ranks”

OverallSaves time in my content creation process. Helps create search-friendly articles. Higher rankings in Google search results. Useful and pretty reports.
ProsI love how Clearscope reverse engineers what's already ranking on Google for any given keyword, then shows all the relevant terms I need to include to create a search-engine friendly article. Before, I used to type a keyword into Google, eyeball the results, then make an educated guess about what kind of content would be relevant and important to write about. I don't do that anymore because I use Clearscope. This saves me time and energy, and even better, it's more accurate than what I used to do. I added the tool into the writing process for our internal team and freelance writers to make sure we know which relevant terms to include from the beginning. We've used Clearscope when creating content from scratch, and also to rewrite existing content that didn't have a good optimization score. We've seen major gains in both. I also use their keyword research tool in my planning/strategy phase so that's been helpful.
ConsI think they could add a helpful feature to let you know when your content went down a grade, so you can make updates to keep your stuff relevant. That's minor though. The core functionality is solid and I couldn't be happier.
Steven L.
Principal
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 1, 2019

“Finally, something that really moves the needle for content marketers!”

OverallExceptional, Their product really has delivered results for our SEO and effectiveness of our content.
ProsI love the thinking behind this platform, it is so logical and transparent in regard to what it does that it is hard to really question its value. Now the work that was required to make it work has been rather enormous and we have seen great strides in the last year we have been using it, but from day one, its core function worked and always has. That alone is very rare. The support is excellent and that is because they care about their product, which I love about them. We have seen true SEO improvement with the tool and now use it on all our content.
ConsI wish their team was a little larger so they could make the tool even better in less time. But their is that old adage that "all good things come to those who wait." :) I have seen that is true with Clearscope.
Suganthan M.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Internet, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2018

“Fantastic product and support.”

OverallWith this software, you can use semantic keywords in your pages/articles so giving an opportunity to rank them higher in Google. I've recently set up an experiment, and I was able to push hundreds of articles which were ranking on page 2 to page 1 by grading the content via Clearscope without building any links. The founder is a lovely guy and helpful. Love where this software is heading, and I'm excited for them.
ProsClearscope is a clever piece of software which uses several NLP machine learning algorithms to find semantic keywords to improve on-page SEO. Unlike the standard TF-IDF (Term frequency-inverse document frequency) used by other less sophisticated software.
ConsWe have to copy paste content into Clearscope for grading manually. If they can implement a way to use a URL to pull and grade content automatically it would be awesome - some WP plugin that can auto-update content after optimisation that would be sweet as well.
Cathy Bennett K.
Founder and Editor
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
September 15, 2019

“Vital Cog in the SEO Keyword Research Machine”

OverallClearscope is an easy to use keyword research tool that, when used regularly with discipline, can increase organic search traffic dramatically. And the customer service is beyond good - it's super and goes well past simple FAQ or "how-to" information.
ProsEasy to use. The dashboards for keyword search, report generation and content optimization are very user friendly, even for beginners. The true value of Clearscope comes after working with it for a period of time and learning how to incorporate it into your individual workflow. Once you master Clearscope, it becomes a vital cog in your editorial machine.
ConsNone. Clearscope serves the purpose for which it's intended perfectly for my needs.
September 15, 2019
Paul B.
Software Engineer
Biotechnology, Unspecified
June 13, 2018

“Clearscope is our SEO secret weapon”

ProsEver since we rebuilt our SEO and Content Marketing effort around Clearscope, we started seeing much faster compounding growth. - One of the best keyword research tools. We use it along with Gooogle Keyword Planner and Ahrefs - Best in class content report & optimization - Great & responsive customer support and onboarding Here's why content optimization with Clearscope is game changing: 1. Best in class. Literally, no other service comes close with respect to telling you what keywords & topics to cover to maximize your chances of ranking for a given keyword 2. We've eliminated the need for an SEO to go over our author's work. Clearscope is so easy that our authors are using it directly. As a result, our content ranks better and reads a lot better.
ConsClearscope is fantastic and we don't have any issues with it. We use Clearscope to optimize every single piece of content we publish.
June 13, 2018
Scott K.
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
May 20, 2019

“Clearscope Is an Amazing Tool Built by Amazing People ”

ProsMy company produces a significant amount of content, all of which is written to drive and convert visitors from search engines. Clearscope helps ensure that our writers know what topics should be covered inside each article. It is an excellent addition to our highly structured content production process.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about Clearscope.
May 20, 2019
February 14, 2018

“Seamless, effective, and efficient. ”

OverallOur SEO search traffic has consistently grown at least 30% month to month, and it is through an intricate process we developed using Clearscope.
ProsClearscope lives up to its name, truly clearing the scope of content down to the most important and vital terms to tackle so you can begin to rank in search results immediately. The approach and interface is simple and easy to understand, whether you're an SEO expert or novice. The customer support team always responds promptly and sends timely updates when needed.
ConsI have essentially no complaints about Clearscope, except for one: some suggested terms are not always applicable to the content at hand. That, of course, isn't a deal-breaker.
February 14, 2018
March 7, 2018

“Fantastic tool with great support and constant iteration to improve it”

OverallWe've seen significant search traffic improvement to old posts after editing them in Clearscope. Also, it's a great tool for outlining and drafting new articles to make sure the content is well-aligned with search intent. The cost is somewhat high, but I haven't found anything else like it, so I think it's well worth the price. At first I thought I might sign up for a month, use up all the reports, then cancel and stop paying for it. But I'm getting so much ongoing value from it that I've been happily paying for months now.
ProsThis is far beyond any other keyword research tool I've ever used. It has great reporting and a nice keyword analysis tool, but I get the most value from the real-time editor. It allows you to compose or edit an article and watch its score improve instantly, without hitting save or taking any action. In the past I used real-time analysis tools like Hemingway to help with readability, but this takes it a step further to make sure I'm hitting all the relevant topics that will answer searchers' questions when I write or update an article.
Nat E.
February 21, 2018

“Game Changer for Optimizing Content for SEO”

ProsIt makes it super easy to work with freelancers to make sure that you're creating articles that have a good potential to rank for their target keywords. Creating article outlines from Clearscope reports has made it simple for us to be sure that we're doing good optimizations on old content, and creating great new content.
ConsThe price per report feels high. I understand that it's complicated technology, but I think most businesses would have a hard time justifying the price point for SEO software that limits their use this much. It's ROI positive for us, though.
Brendan B.
Global SEO Lead
July 13, 2018

“Easy to use and very actionable!”

ProsIntuitive right out of the box. From running reports to modifying your content, it's really simple to use and the insights are easy to put into action. I've seen other tools attempt this type of analysis before, but it's either too convoluted or sloppily made. Clearscope has it dialed in definitely a tool you want in your SEO arsenal.
ConsIt's still a relatively new software, so obviously there is still more to build. The silver lining to this is that the team at Clearscope is very responsive and very open to feedback, so whenever I've requested something or reported a bug, they've responded and addressed the concern right away.
July 13, 2018
Jason C.
Content Writer
May 30, 2018

“Power SEO Tool for Optimizing Old and New Content”

OverallI've been able to save time and feel more confident that the content I'm producing is highly relevant and optimized for SEO.
ProsClearscope is an extremely effective tool that helps me speed up the writing process and ensures I include relevant and related keywords from the start to produce better content. As a result, it helps the editors I work with save time since I've already used Clearscope to optimize the content before submitting. It's also allowed me to improve existing content on the sites I manage. Plus, the customer service is beyond what you'll get with any other tool-Bernard has been super helpful from day one.
ConsThe pricing structure was initially, but I think returns will increase as my experience does. It'll be interesting to see what other features they add.
May 30, 2018
Andrew S.
Director Product Marketing
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
January 31, 2018

“We started using Clearscope in November 2017 and overall love the tool!”

OverallWe use the tool to identify content opportunities and to SEO optimize existing web pages.
ProsA smart/strategic approach to identifying new content opportunities and for optimizing existing content. We use it for our blog and product descriptions. Clearscope was amazing and onboarding the team and showing us the process and providing the documentation we'd need to successful. Since using it, our blog readership has gone up 50%+ , sales have increased and our search rankings have increase due to the tool.
ConsOverall we love the tool - they continue to add new features and functionality which is amazing. Only potential drawback is you can only create 100 reports a month, but we use the tool A LOT and still haven't maximized our limit.
Lauren B.
Growth Marketing Team Lead
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
June 6, 2019

“My favorite tool in my growth toolkit”

OverallClearscope is inexpensive, especially in light of the value it delivers to our team in terms of SERP rankings and relevant traffic growth that we can turn into ARR. It makes running our SEO focused content program so much easier and clearer. SEO is such a black box and this tool helps demystify it a bit.
ProsI wouldn't run a content program without Clearscope - it is the most essential tool my team uses. I love that it helps us structure our SEO blog posts and that it analyzes our content, gives it a grade and makes suggestions for keywords to help it rank.
ConsThere's nothing I can think of that I don't like about Clearscope. It's a very simple and straightforward tool to use and delivers big value.
June 6, 2019
Jamal B.
Director of Performance Marketing
Publishing, 11-50 employees
May 1, 2019

“Must Have for Evergreen Content Team”

OverallWe are shifting away from 24-hour news to evergreen informational content. Clearscope is integrated into the workflow of 30+ writers on our team and removes the need for someone to spot-check SEO prior to publishing.
ProsClearscope makes it easy for writers without SEO experience to consistently produce content that ranks. We used to manually reverse engineer top ranking results using macros and Ahrefs. It was a semi-automated process. But Clearscope has allowed us to fully automate the process and spares us time/headaches : )
ConsWish the report overview was a little bit easier to find (always forget you need to click the keyword).
Pascal C.
Director of SEO
11-50 employees
March 28, 2018

“Awesome product and very caring team behind it.”

Pros- Has a tremendous amount of SEO-oriented features available. - Is available in multiple different languages (we tried French and English) - Their team is very responsive and flexible in terms of specific demands - Setup is incredibly easy and the tool can be used in seconds after purchasing a license - The tool itself works very fast and is already providing results to some of our clients - More and more features are added, based on client feedback
Cons- The pricing structure is somewhat strict at first and may seem expensive for inexperienced SEOs, but works like a charm once correctly understood
March 28, 2018
Joe R.
October 8, 2019

“Critical Software for Content Creators and SEO”

OverallGreat from start to finish, a solid part of the workflow.
ProsSuper easy to use, just straight up intuitive. I share this with my writing team and they love using it for the instant feedback and reassurance. The Clearscope team, our rep especially, is super helpful in onboarding and making sure the experience is delightful.
ConsNothing to complain about! As an SEO I always want more data, but the team seems to be making progress on that front and are rapidly rolling out new features.
October 8, 2019
brett g.
Inbound Marketing
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 28, 2019

“The secret sauce in my stack!”

ProsThis solves a major problem in managing the content creation process for SEO.
ConsThe credit-based system is not ideal, especially with multiple users.
February 28, 2019
Matt L.
Marketing Director
Accounting, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2018

“Helps make it really easy to arm the content team with tips for SEO.”

OverallIt helps us create better content that can be found by our target audience.
ProsClearscope is like having a SEO specialist on the team without having to put everyone through training. The software is really easy to use, the team loves using it, and it works.
ConsThe software can be a little slow when loading up results for optimization. It's not excruciating slow, it's just the thing that is least enjoyed by the team. The software works, and I'm just finding something where I can be critical.
July 31, 2018
Internet, 11-50 employees
January 31, 2018

“No brainer must have for anyone interested in content marketing and SEO”

ProsVery easy to use and delivers results very fast. Whenever we're creating a cornerstone piece of content and need to make sure we have our SEO on-point, then Clearscope is a must use for our team. We consistently get high page 1 rankings for our targeted keywords. I don't think it's an accident we went from 70 #1 ranks to 140 so quickly.
Ranjit J.
Co-Founder & Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
Human Resources, Unspecified
February 27, 2018

“Removes the guesswork behind content performance!”

OverallI believe this is a must-have tool for any company who invests in content at any reasonable cadence (eg. 1 blog post per week).
ProsI can finally get data-driven visibility into the content that my outsourced writing team creates. This has allowed us to scale content effectively, and take the top spots on Google for a variety of keywords that has driven good revenue for our business. All this has happened, despite our web property being relatively new (<1 year old).
February 27, 2018
Pat A.
Partner
May 31, 2018

“A go-to software for any large content marketing team”

ProsEasy to use and extremely effective - Clearscope is a remarkably effective tool to help content marketers to optimize their blog content for SEO (particularly from a semantic search perspective)
ConsAs great as this software is, the monthly fees are very high. This certainly holds back smaller marketing teams from signing up. However, those who can afford the software will quickly see a positive ROI for this investment
May 31, 2018
Stephanie S.
Director, Growth and Content Strategy
December 6, 2018

“Clearscope is easy to use and a huge benefit to my team”

ProsClearscope is super easy and intuitive to use. The platform is simple and effective, and everyone on my team picked up how to use it quickly. Team has also given us tons of 1:1 help, and has been a huge support as I build out my team. Using Clearscope makes creating content easy.
ConsI have yet to find something I dislike about Clearscope. It has solved our immediate business needs.
December 6, 2018
February 28, 2018

“Clearscope is a tool that helps SEOs compare ranking competitors' common content with yours.”

OverallMore efficiency in my work processes
ProsIt's a tool built by and for SEOs. They were in the SEO field before taking what they knew and deciding to build a tool around their processes to sell to other SEOs. This experience and knowledge of what SEOs wants shows within their product as a result that often the larger enterprise tools don't have.
ConsIt's still fairly early in its development (given the small size of the company), and would love more features around account management and tie-ins to common CMS's to help automate more of the process with companies/clients.
February 28, 2018
Cory A.
December 7, 2018

“Essential piece to our content production process”

OverallClearscope has been a very valuable tool for us and our content production. As well their support is excellent. Helping you to use the most out of the tool and get the results you want.
ProsWhen working with contract writers this tool takes the guesswork out of what they need to write and what topics they need to cover.
ConsDon't have anything negative to report on the software at the moment!
December 7, 2018
Quinton H.
Publishing, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“Power Tool That Speeds up Content Creation”

OverallIt is replacing all of the research and outline processes that we used to do and has decreased content creation time.
ProsIt saves hours of manual research and helps even the new writers understand what are the most important topics to cover.
ConsThe "run a report" system can be confusing. I've run a few reports that I didn't mean to run.
April 30, 2019
Jenny M.
Freelance Copywriter
July 20, 2018

“Great for SEO, not so great for UX”

OverallI was able to give a highly seo-optimized post to a client who swears by clearscope.
ProsIt lists all the relevant keywords and makes sure you're making your post the most SEO-friendly possible. It has a no-frills text editor and is easy to use.
Cons- It could take a page from the Hemingwayapp and highlight which sentences are affecting the reading level grade. - Some keywords aren't relevant to the post you're writing but it's pretty merciless and won't give you a good grade until you include them. I was writing a post about "teamwork software" and Clearscope insisted I include the names of competitors (which the client explicitly said not to) and terms like "teamworkpm" which just make no sense.
July 20, 2018
Tony S.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2019

“Clearscope has produced a wave of new traffic ”

OverallWe have used Clearscope to guide us on the production of new content. It orients us to the biggest wins we can prioritize and ensures we cover all the topics Google Hummingbird will want to see. We also use it for revising and improving existing copy which has resulted in 500% organic traffic improvement. I'm blown away.
ProsClearscope ensures we are getting the maximum SEO return on our content investments. Building engaging content that will perform in SERPs is expensive. If you miss half of the target by not matching the search user's query intent you run the risk of falling flat. Clearscope drastically mitigates that risk when used properly.
ConsMinor UX issues related to new content production
April 23, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 21, 2018

“Clearscope is a dead simple SEO tool - even a beginner can hit the ground running and make an impact”

ProsClearscope is intuitive and easy-to-use, but perhaps the best part of the experience as been the customer support. The Clearscope team is incredibly responsive. And they've helped with everything from complex SEO strategy questions to basic feature questions.
Brett H.
March 9, 2018

“Clearscope is a powerful tool that is driving solid results for my websites.”

ProsOne of the things I like the most about Clearscope is that even though it is a really powerful tool, it is still incredibly easy to use. The features are straightforward, and the interface is very easy to navigate. Unlike tools I've used in the past, it's obvious that Clearscope puts the user first when designing everything. I also like the keyword research part of the tool. It's easy to use, and saves a lot of time.
ConsI think the price point on this tool is a little high. I understand why it is priced the way it is, but wish there was an unlimited option to the reports.
March 9, 2018
areyo d.
SEO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
April 29, 2019

“Clearscope is a Must Use Tool”

OverallI've been using Clearscope for just over a month and we have seen an improvement of over 300% growth from organic traffic. Our rep is a very hands on owner and teaches you how to use the software. He responds to all questions in a prompt manner. I highly recommend if you want to dominate your competition in Google's SERPs.
ProsIt does all the heavy lifting for keyword research that I hate to do. Lets you see how your competitors are doing for keywords you're trying to rank for. Love the grading scale of how you're content to the rest of your competitors.
ConsNothing. I haven't found an issue with it.
April 29, 2019
Bill S.
Founder / Partner / SEO
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2018

“Clever and actionable SEO tool”

OverallSuper simple interface, very fast. Gives actionable search entities to use in your copy. This was a great find for our workflow.
ProsIt automates a lot of competitive research.
ConsReally nothing. Everything is done very well.
Michael R.
Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 26, 2018

“Extremely useful tool for planning content and search marketing strategy”

ProsClearscope.io is the great tool that allows our content managers to QA content before publishing. The ability to quickly research competition and adjust content accordingly has helped us publish content way faster than before.
ConsI wish the tool provided some content organization functionality. We've been managing content in spreadsheets which hasn't been the most pleasant of experiences.
February 26, 2018
Elizabeth S.
Customer Success
11-50 employees
February 19, 2018

“Clearscope has a great UX. Bernard has been super helpful in all aspects. Great Experience!”

ProsThe best feature in my opinion is being able to optimize my content with the suggested keyterms, I love being able to grade the content and knowing the readability
ConsFrom what understand - I have to look up a keyword - and then click "optimize" to add the content. I may be missing something and there might be an easier way - I'm just not aware! I may also not know how to do this - but it would be so easier if when I exported a report - it wouldopen directly in google sheets. I have to import it into google now and its quite tedious
February 19, 2018
Lucinda H.
Freelance Writer
November 19, 2018

“Great Tool”

ProsI like how easy it is to write and get a grade for your content. I also love that it pulls in the most common competitors, so you can know how to make your content better before you even get started.
ConsI think the price is a bit excessive. I use it on behalf of a client and don't have to pay for it myself, but I would easily join if I could afford it. It's a great tool for a freelance writer like myself to provide better quality content to my clients, but cost prohibitive for me.
November 19, 2018
Brandi C.
Marketing Specialist, Copywriter
March 16, 2018

“Clearscope is hands down the most powerful SEO/content optimization tool I have ever used.”

ProsClearscope makes it extremely easy to optimize your content, removing much of the manual research and work you would normally need to do, and having the keyword research feature right there within in the same tool is really convenient and efficient. And I cannot forget to mention that support from Clearscope has been outstanding. Anytime I or my team have any questions, Bernard is always there to teach and help us get the most out of Clearscope.
March 16, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 1, 2019

“Great tool for SEO focused content”

ProsIt provides a blueprint for SEO content writing by scanning the top ranked pages and suggesting the most common content themes. The result is quick and easy guidance for content teams and SEO writers to follow.
ConsThe tool works as intended, from a content standpoint. But it does not replace other SEO tools that focus on different aspects, like ranking reports or technical site audits.
Rainie O.
Instructor
Education Management, Self-employed
July 18, 2019

“Useful information but no transparency and not that smart”

ProsClearscope offers useful analysis, especially of related words for any keyword. The generally quick overview of average word count is also useful.
ConsThe grading system is not transparent or smart. It's possible to get an A++ just by stuffing keywords. The word count can often be wrong as well.
July 18, 2019
George Z.
February 20, 2018

“Helps provide a clear structure to keyword targeted content in seconds”

ProsThe team behind clearscope listens to feedback and implements suggestions quickly. The tool is stupidly easy to use and provides you all the information you need to begin improving the content to hit more keywords.
February 20, 2018