BirdSeed Ratings

Overall

About BirdSeed

BirdSeed is not only FOREVER FREE Live Chat, but also includes 11 other engagement tools - all built into one button! Live chat is great, but what happens when your website visitors are too early in the sales cycle to want to interact directly, or are ready but don't want to communicate by chat, or when you aren't available real-time? You need OTHER engagement tools and we have them all included. Did I mention, it's FOREVER FREE? Learn more about BirdSeed

Cherlyn C.
Heartbreak Whisperer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
August 29, 2019

“So many little engagement widgets in one thing!”

OverallGreat! I know that site visitors coming to my site want to get their information immediately, as well as possibly get in touch, so this meets all of their needs.
ProsI couldn't have imagined this myself. What a great, innovative piece of software! I was looking for something to replace my tawk.to chat tool, and found this. It so smoothly gives my site visitors exactly what they need immediately, it's almost divine! I am greatly excited about the uses of this tool once my site gets more traffic.
ConsReally, there's nothing to dislike about it. I am impressed and pleased with the tool.

By BirdSeed on August 30, 2019
Thank you so much for the review, Cherlyn! We really appreciate that you have used our product extensively and really understand the value of having different things for different visitors.. and provide them immediately! We will continue to improve our product and hopefully have some things coming soon that help you convert even more visitors to engaged contacts!
August 29, 2019
Craige Hardel -.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2019

“Perfect agent for small businesses”

OverallIt's a good tool and filled a lot of holes in our marketing. Especially the livechat and call request I do recommend if you want something you can use right away and know what you want
ProsBirdseed saved me a lot of time and energy when interfacing with my clients and potential ones too. It's features are actually unique compared to what's on the market The tools are well thought out and covers a lot of use cases you would combine in several other applications
ConsIntegrations are still missing and can be optimized a bit. They have zapier but it's a bit slow. Not enough native integrations. It would nice if they have a few like slack and autoresponders

By BirdSeed on August 27, 2019
Hello Craige!! Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you find our offering unique as that is exactly why we built something we felt was different and needed.. we also wanted something that would work for all businesses looking to better engage website visitors and allow them to "take their next right step" in the process of becoming an excited customer! We are still working on ways to improve the integration process as we know that easily connecting to other products is very important for businesses to complete the loop of responding to their leads. Thank again!
August 26, 2019
Nicole L.
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Good Start To Cover What We Need”

OverallThe overall experience is good and no negative comment at the point of writing
Pros1) Constantly improving app 2) Simple and easy to use 3) It is a Swiss Army tool for our business 4) It is on par with Intercom
Cons1) To have more integration for the calendar feature not just Google Calendar 2) More integrations with email marketing systems such as Mailer Lite, MailChimp, etc

By BirdSeed on September 13, 2019
Thank you Nicole!! We really appreciate the review of BirdSeed. We know we aren't perfect.. but improving and trying to add value every day :) Thanks for the review and for taking time out of your day to write your review.! We will make it easier to integrate with email marketing systems in the near future!
September 12, 2019
Shane S.
Branch Coordinator
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2019

“Weird Name, Great Software!”

ProsEveryone's familiar with Intercom, some people know about the other services that are common (Olark, Gist, etc.) but Birdseed should be at the top of your stack for website support programs. It isn't just a chat, it has integrated newsletter signups, call requests, knowledge base, videos, so many features and integrations. If it isn't in this suite you probably don't even need it.
ConsIt doesn't have a steep learning curve but it does take a minute to try to figure everything out. Typical though when a service has so many features.

By BirdSeed on September 11, 2019
Thank you so much for your review, Shane! We really appreciate that you would consider us along with all of the other quality products out there. You are so right that we are trying to cater to many different types of visitors with our product! Hope to continue to add value to your website visitor engagement and we have some great new features coming!
September 10, 2019
Leonardo W.
Internet, 1-10 employees
August 20, 2019

“Interact Easily with your Prospects and Boost your LeadGen”

ProsWe are testing this app with one of our sites, and it's working like a charm. We started the test about 3 months ago, and I saw an increase of 38% in lead gen, since we can engage with our customers at breakneck speed. This app allows us to use videos, pro-active actions, even have a FAQ within the widget. It's a total of 12 tools and you can enable/disable depending on your use case. It's a very good tool for lead gen, and quite unique. They have a very good free plan, so go ahead and test it!
ConsIt's an awesome app, can't say I found something that bother us.

By BirdSeed on August 21, 2019
I can't thank you enough for this review!! It means a great deal when someone has spent time with our app to see the value experienced when combining our tools to work together to increase lead generation! We have even more in the works and doing everything we can to get better every day! Thank you again!
August 20, 2019
Dustin D.
Director of UX development, social media and SEO/SEM
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 16, 2019

“What a great sales/support tool for your site”

OverallEasy to setup and install on your website. So far it has been a cool addition to my website.
ProsLove the knowledge base and video features. The tool does a great job of giving you a support dashboard/chat bubble for your site.
ConsWish it had more native integrations with other applications. It does have Zapier ($$$) which helps, but it is still limiting.

By BirdSeed on August 19, 2019
Thank you SO much Dustin!! Reviews like this mean the world to us! We will continue to hopefully add additional lead conversion value in the future.
August 16, 2019
Rithvik P.
Chief Executive Officer
Research, 1-10 employees
May 29, 2019

“Truely amazing tool for lead capturing and knowledge base”

OverallCollecting leads have become easy after installing birdseed on my site. Popup were annoying my users but now with birdseed changed everything.
ProsHaving 12 tools in one app is just great. Right lead generation to knowledge base everything is present in one app and integrating it to my site was just so easy it just took 2 mins to add birdseed to my site. All you need is to paste the java script code into the site. You can later add or delete the tools in the birdseed dashboard. Setting up the tools is also easy which can be done is few clicks. I never had problems with birdseed or faced any bugs it the platform till date. This is a very good software for capturing leads. The best part is it is free forever. Until you need advanced features. The free plan is sufficient for most the small business owners .
ConsRight now I can't point out any cons in the platform they have given everything for free which is just amazing.

By BirdSeed on May 30, 2019
Thank you so much!! We really appreciate the kind words and glad that we are able to add value!
May 29, 2019
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great for Customer Service”

OverallI am able to have a HELP section on my website that is very easy for clients to find and get their questions answered
ProsI love their FAQ features. I can put those directly on my homepage under the question mark and clients can easily reference what they need.
ConsThere are still some bugs they are working on. It is a great platform, so I trust that they will be fixed soon, but bugs are still annoying at times. I trust that the platform will mature as they continue to grow. :)

By BirdSeed on July 22, 2019
Esther, Thank you so much for this review!! We will continue to improve every aspect of our product in the coming months and hope you are able to make use of these enhancements!
July 18, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
July 23, 2019

“Nice all in one platform!”

ProsI loved that I would allow me to add a chat function to my site that I could customize to send clients to different places. Being able to schedule meetings directly in the chat was really nice. There are lots of helpful tools to help you connect with and direct customers.
ConsIt seemed a bit glitchy when I first started to use it. The chats wouldn't load or I wouldn't get notifications for the chats, which defeats the purpose. I would love if this integrated with something like Slack and even messenger to have a unified chat inbox.

By BirdSeed on July 24, 2019
Thank you so much for your review! We are in the process of making substantial updates to our live chat tool and would love it if you check it out in about 10 days. Regarding notifications for the chats and getting notified in Slack, I would be happy to help you get those setup in minutes! You also are able to add in FB Messenger and I can show you how to do that as well. If you could open a ticket by emailing Support@birdseed.io, we will get those sorted out for you very quickly!
July 23, 2019
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 5, 2019

“Use for consulting blog”

OverallI stopped to the setup because of the confusion.
ProsThe variety of the tools available to use within birdseed ecosystem.
ConsThe setup confusion. It is not that easy to setup the product.

By BirdSeed on June 8, 2019
Hello, and thank you so much for your review! We are sorry you had an issue setting up your account. If you could please an email to Support@BirdSeed.io, we should be able to respond to your ticket quickly and help get everything setup for you quickly! I really apologize for the start of using our product, but hope to make-up for it quickly!
June 5, 2019
Retno W.
English Teacher
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“Tools to Increase Site Visitors Engagement ”

ProsBirdseed gives users many tools to increase visitor engagement. But the ones that I like most are the feedback, contact form, and email capture tools.
ConsChoosing which tools are the best for your site requires trial and error.

By BirdSeed on September 11, 2019
Hello Retno! Thank you so much for your review of BirdSeed. We really appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience thus far. We realize that one of the things we need to improve upon greatly is explaining all of the different way to make sure of our product since there are so many options. You will find that we will greatly improve customer education in the near future! Thanks again!
August 19, 2019
Fonda C.
Podcaster
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
October 15, 2019

“Wow...there are several tools in one”

OverallI am not a long time user but am super excited to see where I will be able to take my business with this tool.
ProsI love that this tool can grow with my business either by volume or variety of the need of the customer. It is nonintrusive especially in the mobile experience which is so important.
ConsMy score of the likelihood of recommending is lower only because I am having trouble embedding the snippet. I really think it is my site, but I have to doublecheck it.

By BirdSeed on October 16, 2019
Hello Fonda! Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you see the value and look forward to where our product is headed in the future as well!. We would love to help you get the code on your website quickly.... could you please submit a ticket at Support@Birdseed.io? We should be able to explain or show how to do it really quickly!
October 15, 2019