OneDrive Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.2/5

About OneDrive

Web-based digital asset management tool that allows users to access and share files and photos on PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. Learn more about OneDrive

Jason R.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Simple backup for when your pc dies”

OverallVery good. It's reliable and I've never lost a file.
ProsEven though I have a great pc, a surface pro 5, it will die every once in awhile. I'll then head to the microsoft store and I'll be handed a new one. Within a few minutes, all my files are restored. How? OneDrive.
ConsLimited storage. 1 TB sounds like a lot... not enough for heavy users who have old video files that aren't organized yet.
October 15, 2019
peter V.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
October 4, 2019

“Very Good Collaboration Tool”

OverallWe tend to share files with Volunteers who are working with staff, this provided an easy way to share the files and also ensure that the most current is the one everyone is working from. Very easy for non technical people to learn and get up to speed on.
ProsGives us the ability to share files across the organization both internally and externally. Since we are an Microsoft shop, it also integrates well into our other tools. We also use SharePoint but this is a easier file sharing tool that is easier for all to pick up.
ConsOwnership of the file remains with the individual as opposed to anyone. Access tends to be restricted until invites or links are sent.
October 4, 2019
Eric G.
Network Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“OneDrive for Business : great sharing tool, but still needs some features to become #1”

OverallOneDrive for Business use has been a trial and error or work-in-progress product for our internal usage. Some iOS apps like Dictate+Connect and GoodReader do not offer built-in OneDrive for Business support to import or export some content, even though the OneDrive consumer version was possible. Having two versions of same product created confusion and frustration that led us put on hold the widespread use of OneDrive on our mobile iOS clients. Sharing files with external partners was brought back to Dropbox Business for larger commitees that couldn't easily handle the added steps for authentication.
ProsWhat we like about OneDrive for Business is obviously its tight integration with the Microsoft ecosystem. Sharing Microsoft Word and Excel documents with colleagues is now seamless and best of all, is the automatic saving and versioning! Makes backups less a necessity. Also the quality of the iOS OneDrive application is a great value for our mobile users. Integration with other key apps that our users have on their iPhone or iPad is a real advantage for efficiently transferring files.
ConsSome of the features that are added might be less refined with our French-Canadian language localised Windows workstations. For example, the Folder redirection of Desktop function puts a "Desktop" folder in the OneDrive account instead of the "Bureau" that is usually found on the local Windows computer. Therefore using the Desktop button in the standard save/open file dialog is a bit confusing. Also, the fact that Guests cannot have a OneDrive account to access shared files and folders like Dropbox brings some added steps (security codes) to give access to shared folders.
September 30, 2019
David Y.
Editor and Designer
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2019

“So far...so great!”

OverallOverall, my experience with OneDrive has been overwhelmingly positive. It's simple to map OneDrive to your local desktop (simply clicking "Sync" from the OneDrive dashboard is all it takes). This enables you to work on files directly from your desktop rather than going out to the OneDrive site. It's super-convenient and saves us tons of time.
ProsWe decided to try OneDrive by Microsoft for our file management needs after using SharePoint for over a decade. One of the main reasons we did not want to change is, frankly, change is hard. Or can be. It's easy to stick with what you are used to, and there is always the concern of placing additional stress on staff by having them learn something new. However, it has been a smooth transition and so far is going great. OneDrive, in my estimation, is far superior to SharePoint for file management. Here's why: When you store files on OneDrive, you can easily open and edit them. You can edit them in the cloud or open and work on them from your desktop software if you feel more comfortable working this way. Regardless of how you choose to do it, your work is instantly saved as you go. There is no document check-out process. Multiple users can update the same file simultaneously. It's quite remarkable how easy it is to use OneDrive and just how powerful it is. As you become more familiar with it, you'll no doubt want to set up various sites within your account to manage specific content. For example, we have a Content site, a Marketing site, and a Finance site. It's easy to assign access to employees as needed. This helps ensure that only those who should be working in a particular site have access to that site. As stated, we are still learning all of the bells and whistles, but so far it has been a fantastic transition.
ConsSo far, there is nothing to dislike about OneDrive. The interface is easy to use and follow. Compared to SharePoint for file management, it's a breeze. Simple to open a file and start working. Easy to review changes that have been made. Real-time saving means no need to worry if your browser crashes or you lose internet access.
September 19, 2019
Alicia B.
Content Director
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 23, 2019

“Best Investment ”

OverallOneDrive provides me with the best way to track and maintain my files no matter where I am at.
ProsThe best thing about OneDrive is the ability to save files on one computer and have access to them on another by signing into my account. I handle numerous documents and work in and out of the office. OneDrive provides me with the best way to track and maintain my files no matter where I am at.
ConsThe only downside is that OneDrive requires internet connection to automatically save files. With no internet connection I have to remember to save my work to my laptop.
August 23, 2019
Bobby S.
Business Systems Analyst
Consumer Services, 1001-5000 employees
August 21, 2019

“Bobby's OneDrive Review”

OverallWe were worried about switching from Google to OneDrive at first, but glad we did. The whole Microsoft package turned out to be an amazing decision on switching over.
ProsThe simplicity of use. OneDrive wasn't hard to setup at all.
ConsI can't really think of anything I don't like, except maybe how when I setup my OneDrive this last time, it has a business and personal drive. I don't use the personal drive and can't seem to get rid of it. I'm sure if I contacted customer support, they could help. But it's not that big of a deal.
August 21, 2019
Nithya G.
Hr
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2019

“A great shared drive which provides a shared space for document storage among teams! ”

OverallWe have to work as a team that's located remotely and consists of freelancers who work for the training company. So based on each persons role, we select the level of access and which folders are permitted to be shared for collaboration. It has always been useful to find the right files at the right time and use the shared folders if one drive to collaborate more seamlessly!
ProsI suggested Microsoft 365 to my team at Applied Business Academy which is a training provider. We have been able to use one drive extensively for sharing files securely and granting access to groups of people who should be provided the access. Specially with the GDPR regulations in Europe, we have been blessed to have purchased the licence to use this wonderful software!
ConsI'm some of the laptops, if the setting are not right, it will not sync the files and the staff forget to turn sync on. This leads to confusion as the teams start working on the older version of the file. This has been a hassle on certain occasions. However it is not the fault of the software, but I wish it had a way to update all files automatically :)
August 10, 2019
Caitlin R.
occupational therapist
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
June 14, 2019

“OneDrive simplifies Microsoft file sharing and storage”

OverallI must admit I was reluctant at first because I am a Type A control freak and someone else doing the driving made me nervous about the mistakes and headaches. That hasn't happened. When I say it hasn't happened, I mean it hasn't happened one time. I use Office as my everyday life and it is incredible that with the amount of data for research for journal articles, my protocols and information regarding training, all of the outside work I do with volunteer groups, etc. that things don't mix themselves up, get lost, or have files get lost. In the past I have had external hard drives have sector failures. This eliminates that and I now rely on it. I am waiting for the day where all of our computer interactions can merge formatting for one seamless interaction but for now, of all of the cloud products I use, this by far is the best.
ProsWhen you are working with a Microsoft product, OneDrive takes on the process of doing the work for you once you tell it to. It will back up your information to the cloud, auto save your edits, allow you to give other people access to any particular files and then allow you to allow or deny them edit access. Much of this is capable of being done through Mark-up, etc. but with OneDrive it is occurring in real time and you do not have to send, wait for the response, edit, and then send again. You are able to create a portfolio of a folder that contains multiple files so coworkers or coauthors can locate the various areas and make edits as needed while you work on a different aspect. Plus, when the inevitable screen of death occurs, those last second back-ups that never made it to your external hard drive are saved in the cloud as OneDrive truly is backing up every single thing you do.
ConsThere is a little difficulty for some less computer oriented coworkers to understand seeing duplicate files listed- one set on OneDrive and then also on desktop. I try to explain to them to think about their computer being attached to a box outside the computer that is also storing the same info in case it gets lost. That typically helps a lot. The other thing that is challenging is when you toggle it on, you have it writing the memory of the file in real time, so if you want to play around with edits and not have them saved, you have to remember to toggle it off, or create a separate file.
June 14, 2019
Todd G.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, Self-employed
June 13, 2019

“OneDrive Supports My Virtual Practice”

OverallAgain -- I've had a great experience using OneDrive and really don't need to repeat what I've already said. I will add this...when I left my last broker/dealer I left there with 5 steel file cabinets that I had purchased over time to hold the paper client files that company still required their advisors to keep. The agents remaining at that office tried to buys these from me. I refused thinking I would need them and also because my divorce with that company wasn't that friendly. I've ended up giving my brother two of the file cabinets (so far) as he owns a tax business and hasn't gone to a paperless environment yet. He knows he has a 3rd cabinet anytime he needs it. The other two...I use to store "stuff".
ProsLet me start out by saying that as an agent/advisor in the Financial Services Industry my broker/dealer has to allow me to use this software -- which it does. OneDrive has allowed me to do what I've wanted to do for years -- truly move to a paperwork filing system and achieve my goal of having a primarily virtual practice. I can meet with clients on-line in a virtual workspace and any and all applications and materials is securely captured and stored in OneDrive. I can access these files through a secure login from anywhere I'm physically working from. The only requirement, obviously, is that I have internet access. I also like that my assistant -- who also works virtually for me -- has access to these files at any time. And she uses it as much as I to accomplish the tasks assigned.
ConsI honestly don't have anything I don't like about it that comes to mind and I've been using it for 4.5 years.
June 13, 2019
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 8, 2019

“If you want Microsoft OneNote then you MUST have OneDrive and have it installed RIGHT!”

OverallOne of the worst application experiences I have ever had the displeasure of living thru regarding getting it to "work", all-encompassing, pertaining to all I did previously say.
ProsThe best overall thing that I like most about OneDrive is that it literally has become my ONLY app that I use for cloud storage that syncs between my local machine and the cloud. I use 3 other apps, but ONLy OneDrive do I allow to sync bi-directionally with my local machine. I depend solely on OneDrive to make sure my ENTIRE LIFE (business and personal) is ALWAYS in sync---in real-time-----ALL THE TIME 24/7. The ability to use the Android Mobile App to access easily all my OneDrive Files is exceptional. I could not live without my OneDrive as it literally DRIVES my "ONE-LIFE", all-encompassing!
ConsThe absolute WORST and I really mean THE WORST thing about OneDrive is that it RUNS Microsoft OneNote! You can't have ONE without the other ONE. The TWO are BOTH actually ONE when all technicalities are taken into consideration. Additionally, in order to get BOTH of them to work properly after a "clean-install" of Windows 10 is a total nightmare (unless you have done it so many times like I have, and now I know how to "do it" without a dozen hours of MS Office 365 Tech Support Calls. They branded it correctly with "OneDrive" as it truly is your ONEDRIVE on your computer if you choose to use this cloud storage application. The fact is, OneNote is the the most often used application I have, and therefore, I had no choice but to utilize OneDrive, by default! Now that I have, I have grown to actually like it a lot, though! Lastly, I wish there was a choice to NOT sync to my local machine, but there isn't....and when configuring a system to have the OneDrive Folder NOT be in its default location is beyond a total nightmare to get done correctly!
Shane K.
Driver
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
June 8, 2019

“Excellent storage ,when used wisely!”

OverallAs stated though, If you do make sure all the settings are right before things get slowed down, its an amazing experience having the cloud at your finger tips on mobile, and laptop, Desktop, and both my Xbox and Xbox1 working together. As well as the ability to load my games from Xbox1 onto it, and go to a fiends house who has the system, but not the game, and be able to play it there, with MY profile in all its glory, and when i return home, all my progress returns with me for more solo gaming.
ProsWell i love that i linked all my Microsoft stuff together, At the time i first used it i was using an Xbox 360, the Xbox1 , desktop , and laptop for school and not to mention mobile phone as well. when i would make game clips from call of duty and upload them i could move seamlessly from Console to PC for editing my clips, Then for school when i would be at lunch in between class, i could still access any video clips on the go, and upload homework assignments, to then return home and work on my desktop once again.
ConsNot a fan of when it will automatically grab everything, and i mean EVERY random silly thing you have off your PC and max out your storage, then it was just a hassle to turn off the auto upload, and would always end up getting tired of it slowing my startup to a crawl, then the left click delay would be...Just unbearable, to finally be able to hit settings, sometimes overshooting it and closing it again... having to right click once again, carefully work my way there again, and click it, for a slow load to finally FINALLY unchecked that box, and apply my settings. And thank goodness every windows installation i do i always forget to turn it off and then do the song and dance once again .
Edward M.
Mr
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
May 27, 2019

“Cloud computing made easy”

OverallSo easy to use and great for not only being able to access your working files from anywhere, but is also acts as a backup, something we humans are notoriously lax at. And in the couple of years of use, I've never witnessed lack of access or downtime. A good, reliable product.
ProsSay what you like about Microsoft, but their OneDrive offer IS good! A trusted name, a reliable product you can access anywhere (obviously needing an internet connection), and safety in the knowledge that unlike SOME other cloud storage providers, your photographs (in particular) are not being accessed, permission granted or not! The free offer, with 5 gigabytes, is certainly very suitable for those wanting a cloud storage solution for documents or spreadsheets to eliminate using memory sticks, especially if using Office 365 products which all storage options include. However, where OneDrive really ups the game is for their Premium OneDrive offer. This provides 1TB for each of people, including Office 365 and a host of security features and productivity tools. And as I mentioned, Microsoft do not ask to access your photographs. In use, it is naturally very easy. There is nothing that should trip anyone up, unless you close your browser down while uploading or downloading! And secure sharing options are there, whether you want to allow users a link, access via email, editor status or not. And it makes no difference whether access is via Windows, iOS or Android. And having your working documents not only accessible from anywhere but also backed up, is a boon. And importantly, it doesn't cost a fortune.
ConsI think the only con is the rather obvious one, and that applies to ANY cloud host. If you haven't an internet connection, you can't get to your storage! There really is nothing to dislike about it.
May 27, 2019
Music, 501-1000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Storing Files in the Cloud has Never Been Easier!”

OverallOneDrive has allowed us as a company to move away from traditional file shares stored on-premises to a hybrid cloud-based file storage setup, with personal user storage stored in OneDrive and company files on-premises. This way users are always able to access their files even when not connected to the company network. We have been able to decommission several file servers as a result of moving to OneDrive, and hope to eventually store all company files in OneDrive/SharePoint in the future.
ProsThe OneDrive client itself is very responsive, detecting and syncing any modifications to files to the cloud almost instantaneously. A sizeable 1 terabyte of storage space is provided with an E1 licence, which is more than enough to store a user's personal files in most cases. GPOs can be used in an enterprise setting to control aspects of the OneDrive client, including default OneDrive folder locations, enabling Files on Demand to save disk space, and sync bandwidth limits. OneDrive integrates very well with the rest of the Microsoft product eco-system, becoming the default save location for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files once set up. A recent update has added the ability to automatically sync your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders to OneDrive without needing to manually configure additional options (this is an incredibly useful feature for an enterprise setting). Microsoft's support is quick to respond to support tickets and is very helpful. The application also auto-updates on startup, which means there is less administration needed to maintain current releases on all devices. The OneDrive mobile app is available for mobile working.
ConsSome users have trouble with the concept of OneDrive and cloud storage, so a good amount of training should be provided when rolling out the application. The application itself installs in the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder rather than the 'Program Files' folder which means if multiple users are logged into the computer there will be multiple OneDrive installations, one for each user (however this is rectified in the newest insider releases of OneDrive where the application installs to the 'Program Files' folder, but this will take time to reach general release). If the application has issues syncing a file, it is not immediately apparent to the user as the only notification is a small red error icon shown over the OneDrive taskbar icon.
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 7, 2019

“You probably already are paying for Office 365, so might as well take advantage of OneDrive”

OverallOur business, like most businesses I image, relay on MS Office products for day to day work. This OneDrive product comes with those products that are already being used in Office365. There really is no downside to not using this product if you already have Office365. It is easy to use like Dropbox and easy to share files with others in your organization.
ProsThis product comes free with a large 1TB of storage with Office 365 that every business uses anyways. Even if you have GSuite, chances are that you are also paying for MS Office. GSuite's Google Drive has a unique and frustrating (for new users or long time Windows users) method for syncing files. OneDrive's storage method is more inline with the user friendly DropBox. You can also edit Office files and OneNote inside OneDrive.
ConsThe client for Mac needs a special type of drive format. You need to have the drive formatted in a case sensitive format for the client to work. This can sometimes require IT to setup a separate partition on user's mac just for OneDrive to sync.
Internet, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2019

“OneDrive is a good storage solution, but not the best.”

OverallGood cloud storage for Windows and Office users. Not a smooth experience for Mac users.
ProsIt's probably the best cloud storage for Windows users, because of its integration with the operating system and the Office 365 suite. For a Mac user the road is not that smooth. See the cons mentioned below. Most of the time it works well, with occasional mess-ups. With a paid account you get 1 TB of storage which is more than enough for the average user. You can access your files from anywhere, be it a laptop, a desktop machine, a tablet or your phone (even for iOS users) which makes it very versatile. It's also very good for backups in case of hard drive failure because your files are always in the cloud and you have local copy on your device in a folder named "OneDrive".
ConsAs a Mac only user, I've had some issues with using OneDrive that made it difficult to work with, without putting an effort: 1. Being a Microsoft product, it's made for Windows files and file systems rather than a more universal approach like Dropbox has. The first time I've added files to OneDrive, I had 150+ errors that needed to be fixed. They were all file naming errors that OneDrive wouldn't support (because of the different character support between Windows files and Mac files). 2. After having 150+ errors, I tried to fix each one manually by going into Finder and renaming the files. The only problem with this is that I could only see a limited number of individual issues from the total number. The OneDrive widget doesn't allow you to see all errors, just the last 20 or so. While I was fixing some of them, the error dialog wouldn't refresh immediately, making it hard to confirm that I was doing the right thing. Eventually I deleted everything and started moving small chunks of files to have less errors to handle at one time. This worked out well in the end and everything is good now. 3. There is also a file limit of 10GB which, depending on your work might be an issue.
March 9, 2019
dishant s.
crowd sourcing
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2019

“A lifesaver when wiping your PC ”

OverallOneDrive is an excellent tool for personal as well as business needs. I have been able to store my important files and folders successfully on a cloud platform without worrying about their security and of getting them deleted. I can easily backup my data in case of any hardware or any mishap. I want to recommend this product to any business to arrange their files and folders effectively.
ProsOneDrive is a great cloud storage solution from Microsoft, the creator of the famous operating system. In the OneDrive itself, Microsoft has been successful enough to maintain the trust of the people on its products. I find it very helpful when I have to wipe out my PC. I stored all my important office files and documents on the OneDrive and successfully wiped it out without any headache. OneDrive comes from the Microsoft house and provides complete security to your files. I loved the feature of Document Sharing in the OneDrive. It provides you the ability to share the documents with your clients quickly. OneDrive also has a fantastic feature which lets its users by synchronizing the files from different machines. The calendar in it helps in managing different schedules like meetings, etc. very efficiently. The documentation support and customer support provided by the Microsoft team is undoubtedly incredible.
ConsSome incidents evolved when I was syncing the files from the OneDrive, and my local machine gets failed, and those were quite difficult and time-consuming to troubleshoot. When downloading files and folders, it's competitors allow to download it quickly and automatically converts it into a zip file. But, I have not found any similar functionality in the OneDrive. There were issues related to the naming convention when backing up the files. These were difficult to detect and fix. It does not support the complete backup of your system. Although you can take a backup of multiple files, to make a full backup, you have to use third-party software, and then you can copy it in the OneDrive.
March 7, 2019
Ruston R.
Co-Owner
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2019

“A Great Cloud Storage Solution”

OverallI'm not in a good position to compare to Google Cloud. I just happened to have jumped in the One Drive boat first. I'm certainly not against trying out their solution, I just already have something that works well enough.
ProsMicrosoft put a lot of effort into making One Drive user friendly and seamless across multiple computers and it shows. I'm to the point now where all of my files live in one drive. When I have to wipe my laptop or move to a new computer I have to do two things 1) install chrome and import my bookmarks/passwords and 2) install one drive and sync my files. I'm now 80% functional in less than 10 minutes. I'm not sure what setting I ticked but when I spun up my most recent laptop last month my desktop, my documents, downloads, etc all mapped themselves to my one drive auto-magically I also have a folder with all of my business documents in it. I was easily able to share a link with my business partner and give him full access to all of the business files so that we can both work off the same file set. Very convenient especially for something like a Quick Books Desktop save file. Also 1 TB of data is a ton. If your a normal person that's more than you'll ever need. at least for the next 20 years or so. A less than normal person would be someone with a digital movie collection of 1000+ movies. To help put this in perspective 1TB =1000GB and 1GB = 1000MB 10 average Word Docs would equal about 1 MB. a full length movie at normal quality would be 100-300MB. So again, unless you want to store 1000s of movies 1 TB will be more than enough.
ConsIt messes up occasionally. Over the past few years and a half-dozen or so computers I've had One Drive go a bit crazy on me. All of a sudden it will stop syncing properly or at all. Twice I've spent considerable amounts of time working through various solutions and with tech support to no avail. Basically a fresh wipe of the computer was the best route. (which is a terrible solution). I've also found that it's ... either screwy or not at all intuitive (or a bit of both) with One Note save files. All of my One note notebooks are saved in One drive but trying to make a redundant copy of one of them or restoring a backup is a huge hassle. All in all it's a worthwhile program.
February 27, 2019
Jhonnathan M.
Freelancer
Internet, 201-500 employees
December 21, 2018

“Keep your lost files safe with OneDrive!”

OverallI sincerely owe all my files from many years ago to OneDrive. I work in the area of digital creation and it is very useful to have all our important documents such as fonts and backup images and portfolios within reach. The trade sometimes causes us to be exposed to viruses, but OneDrive is a very useful and versatile tool to protect us and optimize our work at the same time.
ProsOneDrive offers an easy and convenient way to keep your files safe. It's important to know its functionality. The program creates a folder on your computer and everything inside this folder and will copy to your cloud, staying safe from any system failure. In the past, I had several computers that I lost due to hardware failure, but thanks to the fact that I always kept my folder updated and with the important files included in it I was able to quickly recover everything by simply installing OneDrive again and waiting for a quick update. Another thing that I found very useful is that you can access your folder from anywhere. Being on the road and with an internet connection you can connect and download and upload files to your secure folder, this is very useful in some cases! Because it doesn't require your computer to be turned on.
ConsAs I work with many files, and in spite of being organized, due to human error some documents can be left out of OneDrive, perhaps in everyday folders. This causes any file not included in the folder created by OneDrive to be forgotten if a system crash or virus attack occurs. Files in the cloud are sectioned to prevent hidden viruses from spreading and damaging others, but if one file is attacked inside the OneDrive folder it will send this to the cloud which means we will lose the file. So containing documents, files or anything inside this folder does not guarantee its security. It only guarantees that we will be able to recover them anytime, anywhere.
December 21, 2018
November 2, 2018

“The most straight-forward cloud storage solution for regular users (even on Mac)”

Pros- For Microsoft Office users, the collaboration features make it a no-brainer pick to use. - It is the best cloud storage value for Office 365 subscribers, with 1TB space included. - Additional features are consistently added, and stability is always improving. - Straightforward backup settings (unlike competitive cloud options) so you know which files/folders are being backed up and what happens when files/folders are removed locally so you aren't constantly worrying if you're deleting all copies. - iPhone iOS app is very well integrated and full featured and works consistently. Features are consistently added to take advantage of new iPhone capabilities. - iPhone camera roll backup has been superior to the built-in iCloud Photos since you are able to delete photos from your phone after they are backed up without the backup also being deleted. - OneDrive file management from website is relatively fast and easy to use for viewing your entire library of files if you don't store them all on your local device too.
Cons- On the Mac OneDrive app, you may get frequent backup errors due to disallowed characters or spaces in file names. Tracking them down and fixing can be frustrating and time consuming. - Confusing differences/similarities when using OneDrive and OneDrive for Business accounts on the same device. They do not function the same in how they treat and backup files. - Adding a user to shared folders can be a little confusing on the iOS app as it seems to prefer creating a public link rather than just authorizing a login. - The iPhone app and Mac OS app only support a single personal OneDrive account being used (an additional OneDrive Business account can be added, however)
November 2, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 27, 2018

“MS OneDrive”

OverallOneDrive allows substantive, real-time collaboration on work using the near universal MS office suite. It's allowed me to create both quick and effective tools for myself in Excel that I can even use on my Android phone, and allowed me to manage long-term research content.
ProsThe automatic integration with Windows 10 and it's bundling with MS Office subscriptions makes this a fantastic service. Additionally, it's Android App allows for easy cross-platform use. As a Windows user, OneDrive makes collaboration incredibly easy from the generation of content on a local PC to the sharing work/files/information with others.
ConsThe automatic settings of OneDrive as a built in Windows feature might be annoying for people not used to saving via the cloud. In Windows 10 it is set as the default save-to location and requires a bit of settings work to change. Additionally, I've noticed some minor issues with the responsiveness concerning sorting or renaming files within OneDrive via Windows File Explorer. File previews in OneDrive often don't display the thumbnail preview image and the file (if an image or PDF) does not display in the preview pane of File Explorer. Additionally, when renaming files, OneDrive tends to have strange timing to it's highlighting, deleting and saving of file name often times saving a rename with only one letter typed in or otherwise making renaming files from within OneDrive difficult/annoying. You can get around this by using the OneDrive App in Windows, but if you don't have administrative rights/installation abilities then you'll have to use File Explorer.
October 27, 2018
Steve B.
Lead User Experience Engineer
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
September 8, 2018

“A formidable cloud-storage solution for the masses...at a price”

OverallMicrosoft has attempted, and largely succeeded, in building a robust cloud storage tool for consumers with OneDrive. As an IT professional, I was given 5 TB of storage "for life" for attending Microsoft's /build conference several years ago. For home users with an Office Live subscription, the 1TB of additional storage per account makes this a de facto choice. But for enterprises that don't have people who understand group policies and how to block the consumer client, coupled with the paltry free storage options compared to its competitors, OneDrive becomes a logistical nightmare as the operating systems made by Microsoft suggest (often and loudly) that users should save to OneDrive, ignoring that OneDrive for Business is installed.
ProsIntegration with Windows versions 8 and later provides instant simplicity with OneDrive. With Windows 10, it has become even simpler to use on PCs. The context menus allow easy changes to whether or not a file or folder is synced to the cloud, and the onedrive.live.com site is intuitive and easy to manage the content store via any browser. The ability of native applications for every reasonable platform makes this product appealing.
ConsMicrosoft can't determine what it wants to do in the consumer space, and nowhere is this more apparent than with OneDrive. Much like Skype, OneDrive has a "for business" client that bears little resemblance to the consumer application. Similarly, where Microsoft once led the field with generous storage space, their bizarre decision to revoke free storage for saving pictures and reduce the "free" amount has seriously hindered the attractiveness of OneDrive as a cloud solution. While the iOS app is delightfully easy to use, and bugs can be reported simply by shaking the app, saving files to OneDrive can be challenging, especially for novice users. Similarly, Microsoft did not make enough of an effort to distinguish OneDrive from the "for Business" product, and I know many frustrated IT managers who have countless calls from employees who have saved to the personal space instead of the enterprise version. As a final note, the lack of a plug-in for Microsoft's Edge browser is surprising, and unfortunate.
September 8, 2018
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2018

“Perfect Cloud Storage”

OverallNo more VPN connections to the corporate network in order to access office files on a server, as now files are in the cloud on Microsoft's servers. Using Azure AD Connect to synch usernames and passwords with the local domain, users have an SSO experience even while utilizing the full benefits of cloud-based file storage.
ProsYou can access your files from anywhere you have access to the Internet. The latest updates allow you store all your files in the cloud while having access to them from your PC through Windows Explorer, too, allowing access to them from within every application. However, they take up no space on your hard drive until you open them--brilliant! So if you have a small SDD drive on your laptop, problems with storage space just got solved. After you've worked with the file, simply return it to the cloud and free up your hard drive space again. Need to share a file or folder with someone? That's a cinch, as you create a share link from within Windows or through the OneDrive interface on the web, choosing to allow editing or read only access, as well as whether the link should expire after a certain period of time. Sharing a link to a document means your recipient can access the latest version whenever the link is clicked. If you work on the file through Office 365, then the collaborative opportunities are opened, as you can work on a file together. OneDrive is perfectly integrated into all Office 365 apps as well as Windows 10 itself (just make sure to have the latest version of Windows installed to take advantage of OneDrive's latest innovations). One last trick OneDrive does is to preview some file types even if the associated app is not installed (browser only).
ConsWhile it will back up files you explicitly place in your machine's OneDrive folder, by copying them to the cloud, it does not perform system backups. So if you want system backups to be in the cloud on OneDrive, you will need to run them with a system backup utility and then copy them to OneDrive (depending on your backup utility, you might be able to automate writing backup copy to OneDrive).
September 6, 2018
Stever Jose G.
PMO
51-200 employees
July 25, 2018

“Collaborative work and availability of information”

OverallAvailability of 24x7 information Collaborate online with the information To be able to have the information offline, apply changes and be applied to the original file after synchronization. Increase the collaboration of work teams. Always have the change history available to avoid loss of information. Saving of paper printing by being able to share files to be reviewed by other people. Share information about projects with clients without having to move them on a pendrive. Save the capacity of the email by sending an email with only the link of the shared file or not the file. this solved us in clients and suppliers that have an email solution that only allows 5mb mail entry and when sending a file of 1 gb it does not reach them, it is solved by sending the url by mail
ProsThe functionality of accessing information via Web or desktop application locally. The change history is registered The teamwork collaboration that allows you to edit documents online Make changes to the offline documentation and apply the changes when connecting to the internet The storage capacity from the lowest plan is 1 tb to unlimited in other plans. Microsoft increases the storage capacity in base advances the market without needing to change the subscription plan. the ability to upload and maintain files up to 15 GB The ease with which the structure of folders and file shares are managed can be from the root or a single file inside the folder. To be able to share information for a determined time that you can share information with customers or suppliers that do not have OneDrive and only need a Microsoft account to identify themselves. To be able to share information so that the external ones can access anonymously, sharing through a link or QR code (it has disadvantages of not having tracking if it is shared in edit mode) Levels of sharing, reading or writing. Use a single application to manage OneDrive files and Sharepoint libraries. A new functionality that when synchronizing the OneDrive or Sharepoint libraries the files are available locally as cache but all the information is not downloaded until you use them locally (this solves the local space issue to have the information replicated) Facilitate teamwork is a plus in favor and very important
ConsWhen several people have a local library synchronized and your Internet provider fails frequently you can make the upload synchronization be affected by duplicating the information, the good thing that a second file creates, adding at the end of it the name of the computer that you synchronize. A Collaborator with full access on a folder or file structure eliminates the documents the owner does not know until he / she accesses, I think a notification should be sent to the owner of the documentation to approve said elimination. (Although the recycling bin lasts 30 days information it would be good to make that change to notify)
July 25, 2018
Joel B.
Technology Consultant
51-200 employees
June 23, 2018

“The best cloud storage available”

OverallI keep all my important files synced across all my devices. I can access everything I want to access whether I'm at my home computer, work computer, laptop at the coffee shop, or out and about on my phone. Perfect syncing of everything all the time.
ProsI have tried many different cloud storage options and OneDrive is my absolute favorite. The thing I like the most is the native integration with Windows 10 on my desktop, laptop, and Windows 10 Mobile phone. It works flawlessly and completely as expected. I appreciate that Microsoft added back the ability to keep files only in the cloud until you use them, but still be able to see them on your desktop. The indicators are clear and easy to understand. I know if a file is on my computer and on the cloud, or just on the cloud. Syncing times are very quick, especially with a decent internet connection. I have a super fast 300 Mbps (both up and down) connection at home, so my files are synced almost instantly. They become available on my laptop and phone within seconds. Microsoft has added additional native functionality within File Explorer for OneDrive, so I no longer need to go online to share files with other people.
ConsThe initial setup is easy, but making changes to the software is not where it should be. I would expect the settings for OneDrive to be in Windows 10 settings, but instead, you have to click on the OneDrive cloud symbol in the tray to access the settings. Once in the settings, the wording is not easy and the controls are not laid out well. The whole settings area needs to be redone to the new Windows 10 style and updated to be easier to understand.
June 23, 2018
Shane D.
May 5, 2018

“Seamless computer to cloud connection and syncing that is hardly noticeable ”

OverallI currently have 125,200 Tb (terabytes) with Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise and it's just amazing. To grow up with mere Kb's of space and now we're getting into Pb (petabytes) it's quite amazing.
ProsOneDrive made connecting your computer to your private cloud storage very easy, simply download and install its small client syncing application, login to your account and tell it where you would like to place the directory (folder) and anything put inside it is synced right to your cloud storage drive and you'll never have to worry about losing your data again. It's fast and very quiet when syncing even large files without noticing it at all and has some added functions where you can change settings to suit your particular needs like data saver that will only upload when connected to a steady wifi connection or automatical photo upload (mobile app) that will upload all camera photos from your mobile device right away which is very secure, private and best of all it saves you much-needed room on your mobile devices.
ConsI feel Microsoft did great with OneDrive, especially business and enterprise-class versions leaving me with very little room for Cons. I would have to say, a better-looking user interface design that isn't the bare minimum basics box that it currently is however it works and lastly, more features that can be controlled offline in the application, better control over other connected devices and multiple directory capabilities instead of a single directory. OneDrive currently wins as my choice for office 365, business and enterprise users.
May 5, 2018
Beth D.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
March 31, 2018

“Pretty decent backup and storage as well as file sharing”

ProsWell, I guess I've used it a lot because I am getting messages that my OneDrive account is almost full and I need to either purchase more space or get rid of some stuff. It does a good job of pulling stuff from my phone and computer and backing it up. You can create files and subfiles to organize your stuff. I have shared large files with people remotely that were too large to attach to an email document and there are security features to make sure only the person you want accessing it has access to it. I've really had no issues with it at all other than forgetting my password at one point years ago and it was a bit of a hassle getting that back. but I've been able to save things from old hard drives, such as music, purchased installation files, of course photos and documents, etc. with no problem. Until now. I have no idea what it costs to add storage space and probably my OneDrive just needs a good spring cleaning, so it's definitely an app I'll stick with. Works well with Windows 10 and you can access those files by clicking in your file directory rather than having to get online and go to a separate Cloud space and log in to access anything you have with another company. Other than the headache of forgetting my password that one time, it has worked great for me, and it's free and really does offer a pretty generous amount of room to save your stuff. I've never heard of any security breaches or issues with it at all. If you're looking for a way to keep your stuff backed up and on the Cloud, it's a good way to go.
ConsThe user interface does seem a little bit scaled down and simplistic, with not an overwhelming number of options, but then I don't really need a lot of options for what is basically an electronic storage unit. There was some hassle with forgetting my password a few years ago that was not easy to fix, but ultimately, it was. That's pretty much the only issue I've had except that I've apparently nearly filled my allotted capacity to the max and need to either clean out or upgrade to more storage. The reminder of that sliding onto my screen every time I log into my laptop is annoying, but I do see the necessity of it.
March 31, 2018
Ben B.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2017

“OneDrive provides seamless cloud storage baked right in to Windows 10.”

OverallOneDrive provides large amounts of seamless, continuous cloud storage at a tremendous value. The integration OneDrive directly into Windows 10 and Microsoft Office make using the software easy and automatic.
ProsOneDrive is cloud storage at its finest. Invisible, light, automatic. Whenever we create documents in the office, we know they are all backed up. Any time we create new media, organizing it for active and archival storage is simultaneous and uncomplicated. Just as arrange and organize files in File Explorer, OneDrive runs behind you making all the changes in the Cloud, making sure everything is up to date with the latest revisions. But not only is OneDrive always working, but it's invisible. Unless you need it, OneDrive doesn't interrupt work. This is a game changer compared to other cloud storage platforms. Productivity remains high, with the confidence that everything is working. Additionally, OneDrive is very light on the CPU. Even in the midst of large file syncs, we never have issues with performance bottlenecks. Finally, OneDrive is an incredible value. Build right into the fee of Microsoft Office 365 is 1Tb of storage per account. This is more than enough for active cloud storage, and provides plenty of headroom for local and offsite archival sync scheduling. OneDrive greatly improves team and organizational file and content management through superior and seamless user experience.
ConsThe customer support for OneDrive is adequate, but we have had a few unresolved issues that were disappointing. For example, OneDrive originally granted users unlimited storage, but Microsoft later revised this cap down to 1TB per account. While this is still sufficient for our current needs, not having to worry about storage limits was a nice comfort of the service. Also, OneDrive can, on occasion, have issues with file previewing with various types of media files. Lastly, OneDrive is most useful with Microsoft ecosystems. Other platforms may not be as smooth in user experience.
October 12, 2017
August 2, 2019

“The Ease of File sharing with Server Security”

Overalloverall this is a fantastic product to use and implement in any company or personal life looking to have easy and fast access to their data anytime and anywhere securely.
ProsI love the fact that One drive not only allows you to share files like its competitors, but also does it securely using encryption and the sharing parameters allows the recipient to authenticate with the link that they are opening or they cannot access the data. this give server based file protection and security to the users data. i love the fact that it integrates with 365 and azure AD / SharePoint and basically replaces your on premises file server. the best part of all is that you can have access to your data anytime or anywhere. Whether it is on your phone, tablet, pc or MAC. you can share, edit and upload files without isue.
Conswhile the personal version of one drive is simple to setup, the business version takes a little bit more knowledge and administrative power to get going and working the way it should be and correctly. you will sometime run into permission issues when migrating from a on premises file share to one drive if the file permissions do not carry over using the utility which sometimes happens. there is also sometimes issues with the lock down of file sharing outside of your organization even though that feature is turned on globally.
August 2, 2019
JIAN TING F.
Information Commons Assistant for University Library
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
June 16, 2019

“Best cloud storage I've used”

OverallOverall, I had a wonderful experience with OneDrive and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud storage.
ProsI have used many cloud storages, but I found OneDrive to be the best one. It gives so much functionality. In the sense that Word documents can be opened up in OneDrive itself and edited and saved on the spot. If it was any other cloud drive, you'd have to download it and edit before uploading it back onto the cloud. Besides that, the mobile app for OneDrive is exceptional! It gives the same user experience as the desktop site.
ConsI believe that the initial free storage space that is provided could be increased. It may be different for other users but I personally like to have a huge storage at my dispense.
June 16, 2019
Jeremy K.
Legal Assistant
Legal Services, 1-10 employees

“A Lifesaver”

OverallWithout a doubt, OneDrive is an essential software for my day-to-day work-life. It keeps my most complicated tasks organized and gives our whole staff the security in knowing that we have a concrete and comfortable way to work together. Furthermore, I also use OneDrive within my personal life to store files, and I appreciate the peace of mind in knowing that I have several backups of files outside of my own PC and hard drives.
ProsTruly, Microsoft OneDrive is a key component to our success daily at the law firm where I work. It has rejuvenated some of our previous monotonous and complicated procedures, allowing us to store documents that we are constantly reviewing, and most importantly, to collaborate on them together throughout the day. It keeps us organized and gives us peace of mind, knowing that everyone is working on the most recently-updated version of a file. At this point, I do not think we could function without it, and are so pleased to have it as an included part of our Office 365 subscription.
ConsWhile I appreciate that Microsoft frequently updates their software, especially online, to always offer customers the best possible experience, occasionally these constant updates will diminish our experience. From time-to-time, I have had to call Microsoft to inquire about certain documents properly updating and/or displaying for our staff members. I have been told multiple times that the updates done to Office 2019 impacted even the subscriptions to Office 365 and that I would just have to wait it out.
Law Practice, Self-employed
October 10, 2018

“OneDrive is Mostly Useful”

OverallGenerally it has been a very good experience using OneDrive.
ProsOneDrive is great, in general, for backing up my files and having copies in different places. I like, for example, that I can set it up so that all of my files in the cloud on my OneDrive are also downloaded locally onto my desktop and onto my laptop, so that I have at least two local copies in addition to my cloud copies. For me this is useful in the off chance that my cloud OneDrive got hacked into and changed or files deleted - I would then still have my local copies of documents, and if I am careful about it I could keep either my laptop or PC from connecting to the internet temporarily so that I could move files around and get all my files back onto my cloud OneDrive. I like that my files can automatically save as I am working on them, and it will be saving the newest version into OneDrive, and that I can turn this feature off for documents which I want to work on but not save the changes automatically.
ConsI have both a personal and a work OneDrive account, and it is sometimes very difficult to figure out how to get both versions linked to from my PC and laptop, at times this has taken me hours to try to get set up correctly. Presently it appears to be working correctly. There have also been, at least once or twice, incidents where OneDrive had stopped downloading local copies of my files, and I hadn't realized it initially, and so had to finagle to set it up to download the files to my PC and laptop again. I am not sure why it stopped downloading the files - it seems to be working properly for many months now.
October 10, 2018
Annette Y.
Junior Account Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 9, 2019

“OneDrive is 10 Years Behind the Times”

OverallOur company has to use OneDrive in order to collaborate with an important client of ours who has firewalls up to block similar software (Google Drive, Dropbox), so we unfortunately have to use OneDrive. I do not recommend it to any Mac user because it is clunky, awkward, and difficult to navigate. Thumbs down from me.
ProsThe only good thing I can say about this software is that it works at a basic level. Our photos and videos exist within OneDrive and haven't somehow disappeared for no reason, which is an issue we've had with similar platforms. Also, their customer service (once you figure out how to contact them) is knowledgable and helpful.
ConsAs a Mac user, every day I am frustrated by OneDrive's layout, collaboration features, and ugly appearance. This software seems like it was developed without the user in mind. Our team can only access OneDrive through our bookmarks, there is no easy landing page to start on with a simple url like Google Drive offers where you have the option to stay logged in and can immediately see your content. Once you share a document to someone else to edit, you are locked from being able to move that document or delete it for a few weeks. OneDrive is terrible for viewing videos. The video player feature only occasionally works, often our clients receive an error message that says "The video could not be played." In general, the design of OneDrive is not streamlined. Simple actions that only require one click or two in software like Google Drive or Dropbox, require 3 or 4 in OneDrive. Help and support is not easy to find. When you begin using OneDrive, the tutorials and tips they give you are not helpful. We basically stumbled around the software for a week before we could figure out the features we needed, after calling support and doing research through forums.
May 9, 2019
Oscar Antonio R.
Especialista de Informes Oficiales, Vicepresidencia de Contraloría
501-1000 employees
June 28, 2018

“It is a very useful application, storage in the cloud is very important in these times.”

OverallIt is a very useful and easy to use application for any user, you only need a computer, tablet or mobile and internet to connect to Microsoft One Drive. It is important to point out that when uploading your files to the cloud our devices will be more liberated in terms of storage space. In this application you can organize and manage our data in an organized way by folders for easy file localization. In general it is a robust tool.
ProsMicrosoft One Drive, is a very useful online application for saving our files in the cloud, it is a tool that you can easily use from a computer, tablet or mobile, that means you will always have access to your files wherever you are, this is an advantage of this application. You can make backup copies of your files that are stored on your mobile. It is a robust tool that allows us to manage and organize our files by folder to locate them easily. In general it is a very useful tool for any user because the concentration of the data is in the cloud, this reduces or decreases the storage requirements of our computer, tablet or mobile.
ConsWhat can be said about this application is that it should improve a bit in the security of the data, as well as being an application in the cloud and our files are located in remote servers it is important the privacy of the data is for them You must constantly implement security rules of entry, Also to be in line with the application, if you do not have an Internet connection you can not enter, but the minor details are this kind of problems.
June 28, 2018
Scott B.
Product Developer
Design, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2019

“Microsoft Onedrive review”

OverallMy experience with OneDrive has been excellent. It is very straight forward to use especially if you have the remote Drive setup on your PC/ laptop. The files always update. I am fine with the annual cost as this is competitive to other products that offer a similar service and i would rather trust my data with a trusted company such as Microsoft.
ProsI love being able to access all of my data where ever i am on any device, plus i know that it is safe and backed up in the cloud. I have 2 laptops, my phone and my work PC that i use daily with OneDrive. I have both a business account and a personal account. The price i pay for 2 TB of personal use is around 60 GBP a year which i feel is quite reasonable and worth the money. I like having my pictures available when i want to look at them - it makes it very easy for searching as i just have to search the description of the picture (e.g. banana) and OneDrive will find all the matching pictures with that description. Very cool! I like that i can secure my account with an extra layer of security ( 2 factor with my Microsoft app code generator) This is very important to me. Now i never have to worry about my laptop breaking or loosing my phone as my data is always safely backed up.
ConsI honestly dont have anything bad to say about OneDrive, it has always worked for me. I have never lost any data, no security issues , no trouble logging in or problems syncing between machines.
April 16, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
January 30, 2019

“It Works Great, Until It Doesn't”

OverallIt's a typical Microsoft experience. So long as it isn't experiencing some sort of acute, unpredictable issue, it meets our needs and is a solid tool that the entire company uses on the daily. If your staff uses Apple products and need to have reliable access to create, edit, and upload files, I would stay far away.
ProsIt gives our company a pretty reliable, limitless repository of our data... so long as we're using a Windows-based machine. Off-site employees can pretty reliably be ensured that files added are immediately accessible and editable from the drive.
ConsAs I said, it's "pretty reliable" meaning it's not "always reliable." About once every 30-60 days, OneDrive will experience connectivity issues that can be easily proven to not be our internet connection. Customer support gives a blanket "we're working on it" rather than any alternative solutions that, given the frequency of the outages, should be in place. We've resorted to using DropBox during these times, but then have the added pain of re-organizing those files on OneDrive once it's back up and running. Also, I happen to be the only person in the company using OSX (because it was the only machine available and I know OSX well). Finder is absolutely worthless when it comes to OneDrive, and working from a browser is time-consumingly clunky. We've resorted to third party software to allow Finder to be able to see the drive as though it were a network folder, but even then it's **extremely** unreliable, and I've had to completely wipe and re-add the software dozens of times at this point when I work too quickly (i.e., adding a folder and then renaming it within 10-15 seconds).
Tom C.
Senior Leasing Agent
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
December 5, 2018

“OneDrive is Aptly named. It's the only drive for sharing and saving you'll ever need.”

OverallI use OneDrive for personal use. It is a great solution for the basic to advanced user. Bravo!
ProsI really like OneDrive. One of the reasons I like it so much is that when I logged on for the first time, I was immediately directed to a section filled with video clips which ran me through some very simple, yet helpful tutorials. I rarely look at tutorials in general, but these ones were quick, easy to follow and really helped. I'm decent with computers. I'm not a programmer or Super-Millennial by any means. I like simple. OneDrive stores, shares and syncs all my documents, files and photos in one easy interface. I don't need 20 trillion terabits of storage. I just need enough; a good amount so I can rely on OneDrive fully for all my storage requirements. I like to travel and I have a ton of photos more than anything else. OneDrive makes sharing a breeze. Collaboration on projects and documents even easier. I know this won't make the sales department jump for joy, but unlike most of OneDrive's competitors, unless you are storing massive documents or billions of photos, the free version is all you'll need. What a breath of fresh air. OneDrive is the only drive I'll ever need.
ConsI have some mild issues with how Microsoft forcefully integrates all of your business but I have absolutely no issues with OneDrive at all. It's really a great piece of software.
December 5, 2018
Francis G.
Analista de Gaarantias
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2018

“A Free Way to Take Care of Your Information”

OverallFor me it is simply an excellent tool, with which I can organize both my personal and professional documentation and be able to access from my home the necessary information without relying on a physical device or usb.
ProsIt is a great platform created by Microsoft, which allows you to keep your information stored in the cloud to access it quickly and efficiently from any part or device. You can synchronize your data, photos, images, places and documents with just one synchronization or accessing your account from the internet. It is easy to use and very practical to organize your content folders, only when you register you already have 15 GB of free storage, which you can use in the way you want as it has no limitations, if you have Office 365 account you can access to have Up to 1 Tb of storage in the cloud. It adapts to any area, be it personal, professional, commercial or educational, thus giving great experiences allowing to send a link to share some specific information. If you already have a Hotmail or Outlook account, it allows you to access your OneDrive container without any problem since they belong to the same Microsoft system. The design of access and how can create folders, containers, host existing information is quite user friendly.
ConsI really do not see any negative aspects for this application except that one of its big sales is also a disadvantage because it always depends on an internet connection. If you upload the information from your device you can leave it on hold and when you have internet it will synchronize it automatically.
August 7, 2018
Marcus H.
Customer & Communicaitons Strategist
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
June 27, 2019

“OneDrive is the one place you can store it all.”

OverallIf you acquire OneDrive through your Office360 subscription you get about 1tb of storage for around 9.99 a month. I have yet to see that price be beaten by any of the major competitors.
ProsAside from its lightning quick syncing abilities, OneDrive as a cloud based storage applications is extremely useful when collaborating with teams that primarily use Office365 as their means of creating documents and projects. Not only does it create short sharable links, you can customize who has access, much like Dropbox, however at a lower price with Microsoft level security. Never once have I had my OneDrive jeopardized by an outside entity. Furthermore, OneDrive on a personal level acts as your photos time machine. If you don't want to pay extra for cloud storage from your provider, download the OneDrive app and set up auto upload for photos and never have to worry about losing your best moments again. It's super beneficial when you need to make space on your mobile device. I highly recommend OneDrive if you want an all around useful cloud storage app.
ConsOne thing that bugged me for years with OneDrive (back when it was skydrive) was a lack of Mac based user support. No surprise there, but that has changed. While OneDrive is absolutely fantastic for backup, I'm waiting for them to allow the drive to be mounted on iOS and used for time-machine backup.
June 27, 2019
Cynthia G.
Student Verifier
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
November 16, 2017

“Good for collaboration with Microsoft products”

ProsI primarily use OneDrive academically and for work. I find it to be reliable and very useful to edit documents online. It is convenient to access documents I have typed on my personal computer and then being able to open them up on another one whether it be a work desktop or at a library. I also enjoy being able to access OneDrive through the email service, Outlook, as when I use OneDrive I am usually using it to send a file or open a file from work. I highly recommend OneDrive especially if you need to constantly access files that are shared with you. Additionally, it is nice that photos can also be stored on OneDrive because on the rare occasion I want to share a photo with a family member, I can pull it up regardless of the computer I am on. I also appreciated how I was notified of how much storage I had left, so I could save only the most essential documents on OneDrive.
ConsI have the free version of OneDrive and am limited to 5 GB of storage. Initially, when I first started using this it seemed like it was more than enough, but it quickly gets used up. However, there are premium options you can buy that give you more storage. It would be nice if storage options were more prevalent so I know what is available to me. It would also be nice if more storage was provided as I feel limited and use other cloud drives to carry out my work.
November 16, 2017
Bill T.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
June 20, 2019

“Could Be Better”

OverallI'm using it to have all my files safely in one place and shared with all my devices wherever I happen to be.
ProsIntegrates well with Microsoft Office and is available everywhere. It is also a good value as it's (1TB) bundled with Office 365
ConsDoesn't always work as expected and it seems to have difficulty syncing with the desktop files. Doesn't always play nice with Apple.
June 20, 2019
George H.
Data Analyst
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 13, 2019

“OneDrive - A must have app”

OverallOneDrive is the app that have on all my devices. This is must have app for all users.
ProsIf you have PC, tablets, and Smartphones. You need OneDrive to make sure all your devices can access your files anywhere, anytime, from any device. Even if that device is not yours. I back up all my files on my primary PC to OneDrive. From OneDrive, I can create or retrieve files from any of my devices (PC, tablet, Smartphone) or from other people's devices. if you have a Microsoft email account (ie. outlook.com hotmail.com live.com), you can sign up for OneDrive. If you want more OneDrive space, sign up for Office365. Another benefit of OneDrive is version control. If you saved your files on OneDrive 5 times, it will save the 5 different versions so you can recover from it at anytime. The user interface is easy to use and the learning curve is light.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about OneDrive. I only wished the free version gave more disk space. But I understand space cost money. The cons about OneDrive is that it can be tricky to set up for your PC the first and you have to download, install the software, and designate the correct folder to synchronize. Also, the concept of OneDrive and data synchronization. Not too many people understand how synchronization work among OneDrive and the devices.
March 13, 2019
IT administrator
March 2, 2019

“Great cloud storage for hot data”

OverallWith cloud storage I started with Dropbox for free, but soon I found the limit of 16 GB storage. Then I had the opportunity to use public beta of Onedrive which resulted in 100 GB of free space. Few years ago our company joined the Microsoft cloud services and since then I have 1TB of space on my bussiness OneDrive, which never let me down. But it is not just about capacity, but the sharing options with your colleagues are so wide and simple, you will surely enjoy it.
ProsGreat cloud storage with the ability to keep your files only in cloud (no offline version on your PC). I use desktop PC in my Office and at Home Office with OneDrive Data stored on big disks, while on my small notebook with limited storage capacity I can work on my data without the necessity to store them locally. Web interface is also working well, especially if you have Onedrive as part of Office 365 subscription. Also great integration with desktop Office and the ability to share just the link to your Onedrive instead of sending attachment.
ConsIn older versions I had problems with maintaining multiple Onedrives on one PC. I have my OneDrive Personal and also a bussiness version, both with the same account name (while one is my old Microsoft account and the second is cloud account from Office 365 subscription). Time to time after reboot the PC one of the account was unable to retrieve data, I had to delete the account and create again.
March 2, 2019
David S.
Tech
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 5, 2019

“The latest versions are really good”

OverallI've been using OneDrive for many years. Party as a stand alone product, partly as part of Office 365 and partly to sync large directories with SharePoint. All of them work very well. My largest deployment was about 50 users all sharing the same online drive with very few issues.
ProsThe syncing works very well (now). You can easily select how files are stored: local sync or cloud only) with clear graphical icons to indicate a file's status. OneDrive is very stable and very powerful without causing a lot of computer overhead.
ConsIt used to be terrible. Like pull your hair out terrible. It seems like Microsoft promised too much and then delivered a half baked product. However, as of this year (2019), the software has caught up with their promises and works very, very well.
October 5, 2019
JAN MICHAEL U.
General Manager
April 26, 2019

“OneDrive is the Best Storage Platform in the Market!!”

OverallMy overall experience in using OneDrive has been extremely positive. It's easy to use, reliable, and secure. This is a product I would highly recommend to anyone that wants to store documents in the cloud and be able to quickly edit, save, or share documents.
ProsI am a big fan of OneDrive and have been using it for many years. Here's why: 1. It's the simplest platform to use. You literally just drag and drop documents, and it's uploaded to the cloud already. 2. OneDrive integrated with Office 365 provides 1 TB of storage and after using it for many years, I still have not come close to using that much storage. 3. The integration to Office products is huge. Every time I need to access or upload a file, it only takes me a few seconds to move it to OneDrive 4. The OneDrive Desktop version is a big sell for me. I can literally drop files into my OneDrive folder on my desktop, and it auto syncs to the cloud already. Talk about saving time! 5. The OneDrive Mobile App is also very efficient and effective to use.
ConsThe only con I have for OneDrive is that I wish it was available on every type of device platform. I have an Amazon Fire HD tablet, and OneDrive is not available on some of the competitive products. But as far as OneDrive itself, I believe that it's an excellent product, and I do not have any issues with it.
April 26, 2019
Scott F.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 17, 2019

“Great Cloud Sync - To A Point”

OverallOneDrive started off a great, and money saving way to keep all of my files backed up in the cloud, in realtime, plus sync'd on all my devices. I love being able to open MS Excel or Word on my desktop, work on a file, save it, and pick it back up editing at the same point on my phone. OneDrive is great for people who don't have hundreds of thousands of small, individual files (like web developers) as those files seem to eat away at the app due to poor programming. So OneDrive is great, to a point, and more MOST people it will probably be perfect.
ProsI love the price of this cloud drive service, and that Microsoft is SO generous with storage amounts considering that it is bundled with Office 365. The 1TB of space REALLY comes in handy. Sync between devices and cloud is actually pretty fast once all your files are loaded, within a minute depending on the size. Install is easy, obviously, and it is integrated very tightly with Windows 10 so you can use it EVERYWHERE.
ConsI've found that after you get past a certain NUMBER of files being stored on the cloud drive, the sync process begins to slow down a lot. Then it seems like it gets clogged, and starts chewing up tons and tons of system memory. I've seen it take up to 2GB of RAM before, and more, for no reason. Once you get to that point you'll spend more time resetting the app, reinstalling and then waiting for it to sync back up than you will working on your actual work.
April 17, 2019
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
March 10, 2019

“Ease of integrations and ease of use”

OverallOneDrive has given me peace of mind when I'm out of the office and working remotely. Sharing documents with colleagues and being able to share one document instead of the potential disaster that is everyone working on their own stand-alone document are over.
ProsI love the ability to easily download and application to my mobile device or to my computer and access my documents from anyways. I cannot believe how many times this has saved me when I've forgotten to send a document to a colleague or need to have a document shared to multiple people. OneDrive makes it easy to upload all of your documents to the cloud and organizes them however you would like. You can edit any documents that are saved in OneDrive on your desktop through a Microsoft Office program without having to rely on the limitation of the Office 365 Online suite and without needing to download a file to your computer, edit it, and re-upload it. Say goodbye to the times of when your boss asks you for your latest draft of that project proposal that's stuck on your office desktop and you're nowhere near the office.
ConsThe only downside that I can find with OneDrive is the need to pay for the service for it to be able to use it to it's full potential. Applications like Google Drive are free and easy to use upfront, but OneDrive combined with the rest of the Office suite.
March 10, 2019
Construction, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“If you need space, you will get it! ”

OverallI would say my experience is good, but not great. I do recommend using it to a lot of people simply because the amount of storage is great and it provides an excellent back-up for your files. However, it is not as easy to use as Dropbox is. I still have a Dropbox account to fill in the gap due to our company's work flow, but primarily use my OneDrive account for files.
ProsOneDrive is a great storage option for the weighted computer. With a whole terabyte of storage included in your subscription, you will have plenty of room to store your files; no matter how large! If you are like me and plan to expect the unexpected One Drive is a great option for a file system; Did your hust computer die? No problem! When you get a new machine all you have to do is sign into your existing microsoft account and BAM! All of your files, exactly where you left them.
ConsAlthough I love One Drive and use it as my primary save location for files, it is not as fluid as its great competitor DropBox. I have tried installing on multiple machines with the hopes that files would sync the same way as in my dropbox account, but it falls short in that aspect. Files tend to take longer to sync and are not always available from machine to machine. I can however still log-in online to access my files from anywhere which is great if I am on the road with just my phone and really need to pull something up.
March 5, 2019
Kalana E.
Graphic Designer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 11, 2018

“Better Cloud-Based Storage for Use”

OverallOverall It's better cloud-based Storage devise to work with and it has the better Security system to protect personal informatiion,accessibility is pretty good ,it will be the Best choise who are working with enterprice works
ProsIt a very better choice that you can get in because you can access the one Drive from any place, so can be saved more than a thousand images, many videos, private documents and many more, if you work with Microsoft 365 you can easily access with one drive so that things will be very easy, and less time consuming you can get better output as you wish. You can share data within less time each other ,also there are more free space to store different kind of file types,and for an exampple if your hard drive is full you can upload some important files to the one drive and make more space in hard drive so that your space problem and slowdown pc problems will be slloved dut to that oone drive,So that One drive is the Best one for the All of works and it will make us happy.
ConsOne Drive gives me the Better experience to the user there are just only a few cons to the mention. thing is the user interface is not good for beginners who are involved to use that product and also customer support is not good enough.Otherwise functionalitys are run smoothly with combing other microsoft product better
October 11, 2018
Maria Lenin L.
Marketing and business development
11-50 employees
September 22, 2018

“An easy access to all your work files ”

ProsWhat I like in OneDrive Is that you can easily access and view your saved files even if you are offline just by simply going to your computer files when using a PC. We all use Microsoft Office Applications especially at work where we need to submit reports and proposals. You can choose to save these files and documents to your OneDrive and easily share them to others by adding their email or creating a link. We also used OneDrive to collaborate at work such as access to reports and sheets that permitted users can edit and update daily. This enables our Manager to regularly track metrics and progress in just one click instead of receiving files one by one through email. With OneDrive in your PC, you can simply add files by using drag and drop, quick and easy instead on doing it in websites where uploading can take longer.
ConsThis is convenient and ideal for those who use Outlook.com for their work emails. Signing up should only be either through an outlook account or Microsoft office account. It's also best if you use Microsoft office for all your devices. However, some devices like android phones and tablets use google applications synced on all their devices. This has a larger percentage of users compared to mobile phones that have Microsoft Office as their default phone setup.
September 22, 2018
Bryan D.
Comuter Field Technician
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2018

“Excellent tool *if* staff are trained on how to operate it”

OverallEnterprise scale public sector organization with 30,000 employees spread over 100+ facilities. Most users never used OneDrive for more than the occasional use. Vast majority of documents still stored/accessed on our in-house servers. Heavy OneDrive users ran into problems sooner or later with a team member accidentally deleting the wrong file, stopping "share" permissions for other team members, etc. Summary: an excellent tool *IF* staff are routinely trained on how to operate it.
ProsRemote storage of documents removes the need to keep an in-house data backup system. Multiple users can access/edit the same document simultaneously (no more "this document is locked for editing by xxxx" messages). Documents can be accessed by any device with a browser, you do NOT need to have office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) installed on the device you are using.
ConsThis software needs to be supported by robust/continual training. There is a learning curve when it is first given to staff. One of the flaws with having remote storage in OneDrive is that you (the company tech support/admin) can't go into OneDrive and recover accidentally deleted documents. Put another way - OneDrive grants individual users share/access permissions for their documents, which means staff are now responsible for keeping the current version of a document, not deleting (!) the source document the entire team is working on, etc. Another problem we encountered was that staff were saving private/PII information in OneDrive, which means that information is being stored off-site, which raises privacy/legal concerns.
September 20, 2018