Drive Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.4/5

About Drive

File sharing platform that allows users to store and share contacts, photos, videos, presentations, recordings and more. Learn more about Drive

Malinda S.
Station Master
Government Relations, 51-200 employees
October 13, 2019

“The best cloud storage service”

OverallThree years ago I decided to use google drive and so far my experience on this is absolutely perfect. As station masters we are dealing with documents up to a certain extent and the help google drive gives me throughout my career is great. Specially it made my mind peaceful of knowing that I won't forget any document to carry and all my documents are stored in a safe place. I do mobile photography as one of my hobbies and I don't need any additional SD cards for my phone because I can store them in drive. I have never experienced any loss of files that I stored due to software failure. My overall experience of using google drive is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use a cloud storage which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time.
ProsGoogle drive is the best advanced cloud storage service which gives us free 15GB storage. As a station master I handle lots of confidential files that cannot be saved in a local machine with the fear of being stolen. Laptops and hard drives can be destroyed or stolen and anyone who has access to it can view and modify files. Also if there is meeting and if I forgot to take my pen-drive which contains the documents, that's a big problem. For all these problems I decided to use a google drive as the cloud storage few years back. When I moved to use it; it made my life really easier and thank god I don't need to worry anymore. I'm using the free feature set provided by google drive and those features are enough for me. For me, the best feature is sharing google docs and slides that are stored in cloud with my team. I can provide edit privilege to do the changes and using logs I can track the changes made to the files. File and folder sharing is really simple. Just a right click and select whatever the option I need. All the people that I involve with are not techy. So by sharing a link make them easier because what they just need to do is click that link and to the editing.They don't need to download documents, do the editing and upload them again. The syncing capability automatically sync my information with the devices that my account logged in and the services that I connected to google drive like google docs, sheets, slides and whatsapp make backups and save daily.
ConsThe uploading and downloading time is bit high for the larger files and it highly depends on the internet speed as well. Sometimes it's bit confusing to figure out which files I have shared publicly and which files not. To be honest that is the only issue that I have experienced with google drive.
October 13, 2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Google Drive Keeps My Life Organized”

OverallI'm obsessed with Google Drive. I use it to keep a lot of my personal documents in one place, and I also use Docs, Sheets, Google Voice, and other features that come with the Google account. Drive is helpful because it allows me to share documents easily, and organize my life so I can keep certain files to myself and others to share with other teams. I use Google Sheets, Google Docs, and other features quite frequently, and it is really the best platform for keeping all of my documents together of any services offered on the internet at the moment.
ProsFirst of all, I love that it is FREE with a Google Account. Second, I love that it's so easy to customize, and serves as a great way to keep your personal (or work) documents stored for many people to share. It's more user friendly than Dropbox or other storage services, and it has Google Sheets and Google Docs which are great versions of Word and Excel that allow you to share access with others and save it in real time. It's a great homebase for all of my documents, and I love how secure it feels as a backup online service that I can access on any platform in the case that my computer crashes.
ConsIt sometimes gets funky if you have multiple Google Drive accounts under different emails, because sometimes documents will save in the wrong Drive account because you opened it while logged into a different account. I wish Google Drive asked if you wanted to save a document to that different Drive account in the instance that it is accidentally in the wrong place.
August 15, 2019
Meisha B.
Marketing Manager
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
August 8, 2019

“Couldn't Live Without It! ”

OverallI love working with Drive and have no major complaints-especially since it's free! It's a great tool for storage, sharing and collaborating.
ProsGoogle drive is hands-down my go-to file sharing, storage, and collaboration tool. It is incredibly easy to use and learn, even for non-tech-savvy folks. It is also easy to manage and organize, given parties actively work to keep things organized. File sharing and collaboration is a breeze and probably my favorite part about the Drive system. You can work in a doc, sheet, or presentation simultaneously with multiple parties and all changes and updates are saved in real-time. The drag and drop functionality also makes it crazy easy to upload various files and documents straight from your desktop. I also like that you can easily add/resolve comments with other collaborators, it makes the back-and-forth of projects so much easier. Drive easily integrates with tons of other tools and products, which can definitely come in handy. Drive has also been incredibly reliable for me in the past! I don't think I've ever experienced any issues with downtime, errors, etc.
ConsDrive can easily become disorganized, especially in a business environment, so having organizational processes and procedures in place is key to making Drive work for a team. This also naturally makes Drive a better fit for personal use or for small-medium teams. It really isn't designed to replace a full-blown file-sharing system for large business use. The search functionality can also be a bit limited when working with large amounts of files, but specific items are generally easy to locate and manage given a little extra effort.
August 8, 2019
Jay A.
Institute Director
Education Management, Self-employed
July 28, 2019

“Google Drive is my favorite network file serving storage program.”

OverallIn working with Google Drive Enterprise version, I've been able to map out project roadmaps and establish document and folder organization in a much more logical and efficient manner. I'd highly recommend Google Drive for Enterprise, in working with higher-functioning needs in storage management, sharing, use, and retrieval.
ProsGoogle Drive is highly Incorporated in to many users' work flow system integrations through the popularity of Google products for consumers, professionals, education, and developers. There are various versions that are offered at different levels of need, and every established account is given 15 GB of storage for free, forever. More advanced versions of Google Drive offer increased storage quotas, improved workspace options for reviewing and organizing work flows and documents. Better interface options exist with the upgraded versions of drive. The main interface itself is simple and elegant, offering several tabs for file locating, workspaces, sharing, and team drives (in the upgraded versions).
ConsI would like to be able to work in Command-Line ungzip tars, for example: in a bash shell. The established workflow goes well, though, in being capably Incorporated in to other file management apps that are available on mobile; which is my current preferred platform.
July 28, 2019
Tobi A.
Quantity Surveyor
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 21, 2019

“Reliable Cloud Storage”

OverallMy office is able to avoid problems associated with physical hardrive or storage devices crash, or loss by having our most vital documents and information saved on google drive. Each project has its own folder and admins if required. We currently use the 100 GB plan and have nothing but awesome value since implementation. Another plus is that since most android phones have the drive app, one can also access and upload file via mobile and on the go
ProsThe ability to save, edit and access documents on the go and also share these same functions with a workgroup.
ConsSometimes (not often) uploads and downloads are slow even with a fast internet
July 21, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2019

“A great tool for collaborate and keep your files safe and accessible”

OverallI use Drive every single day to collaborate on my work and to keep files accessible on my personal life. Is super easy to use tool to keep your files safe, although there are better alternatives if you need to store huge files.
ProsGoogle Drive is my way to go if I need anything to be shared with friends and colleagues, Drive is so widespread in its use that virtually everyone will suggest you use it and frankly I rarely suggest something else. It's great for small teams to collaborate on multiple files, Google Docs makes it super easy to work over spreadsheets and text documents and you can also access previous versions of the file. You can also see who is editing the document right now and where is their cursor positioned. A huge benefit that Google Drive brings is that I know that my files are safe, even if I lose my computer my stuff will be there. The desktop client is quite reliable and is fast. Also, it integrates perfectly with the plethora of other services offered by Google, obviously. I like the sharing features available, you can generate a link, create groups, assign capabilities and even change the ownership of a file and folder.
ConsThis is not really an issue, but Google Drive is not mean to be used as a file transfer service, you can use it like that but your Drive will end up cluttered with files you don't need, other services are better for that. I still can't believe you can't see how much a folder weighs! Or how many files it contains. Would be great to have a better metric on what is taking up space, for example, see what folder is taking up space rather than just files. Somewhat the competitors are offering three times more space for free, so as a backup service only, Drive is losing terrain.
July 18, 2019
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 14, 2019

“without google drive you may as well kiss your hard drive away!”

ProsI have been using Google drive for almost a decade. This price of 2 tera of storage is beyond inconceivable low - and can't be matched by the competition. My entire business and personal life is stored in the Google Drive Cloud. The best feature is that I am not forced to sync the cloud with my local device as most all other competitors force you to do. The ability to access my GD from my phones and tablets allows me to take my entire life wherever I go. The fact that you can choose any folders and files you desire from anywhere they are located on your local machine is another incredible benefit most of the competitors do not offer. The best feature is how flawless the backup and sync app works with Windows 10 pro, and how easy it is to "switch to a new computer" and still keep all your files without having it sync them all over again from the new computer device---you just simply need to make it "aware" you have a new device and do some basic easy configuration steps---but it works out great as long as you do things correctly. I feel that Google is the safest of all the cloud storage choices since Google runs the world, so my security is first and foremost in their minds and I have complete faith in that.
ConsThe worst and I mean the worst thing about GD is that backup and sync conflicts with Microsoft OneDrive and the 2 cannot run at the same time. This is due to a "defect" in GD that it creates a "temp download folder" in all the folders set to be synced, and this "folder" causes OneDrive to malfunction and stop working. Therefore, I am forced to only use GD when I go to sleep as I must have MS OneDrive working because it has to be in order for me to use my MS applications. It too me dozens of hours of technical troubleshooting and technical support assistance to finally have learned of this in the hardest way that could be possible to learn such a thing. This was a total nightmare for me at the time as this nonsensical "temp folder" caused all my troubles but dozens of hours of tech support cals and remote sessions were needed before an angelkic tech explained to me what the problem was being caused from. The fact that I can't have GD running while I am working all the day is the worst thing possible there could be, but I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on this as MS OneDrive supersedes GD when it comes to 1st priority rights of which app gets to be enabled throughout the day.
June 14, 2019
Angelica S.
June 10, 2019

“The best cloud file storage solution”

OverallDrive has provided a fantastic way for my team to have one central location for files to be housed and shared, and has greatly increased the organization of my team as a whole. When you're dealing with a lot of files, NOT having a solution like Drive to contain & organize them all is a living nightmare.
ProsEasy to use, great for organizations, greatly simplifies the process of storing & sharing files, particularly among members of a company. Increases organization tremendously. The version history tracking ensures accountability and means there are no questions as to where files went, where they came from, or why/when they changed. Also great for sharing files to other clients and a good backup utility as well.
ConsVery few cons, but there are some oddities when it comes to sharing files in Team Drives. For instance, folders cannot be shared, only files WITHIN those folders can be shared. It'd be great if Team Drive offered ALL of the features of personal drives, like the aforementioned sharing and the "make a copy" feature. Occasionally, there are some problems downloading multiple files.
June 10, 2019
Stephen P.
May 31, 2019

“Google Drive Is The Foundation For My Business ”

OverallImagine handling custom orders, customer followup, delivery scheduling, contacts, accounting, form creation, word processing, inventory, etc all from one app, FOR FREE. Yes, you could spend $5,000-$20,000 on a complicated dedicated app that may or may not do all of those things. Your training curve will be long and you will quickly learn all of the limitations due to things the app is missing. With Google Drive you don't have to pay anything and you don't have to worry about about paying thousands for future updates. Your training curve will be minimal in comparison because most functions within Google Drive and it's extension of apps operate in a similar, intuitive format. If there is a function you need, you can either add a plugin extension or customize a plugin you are already using. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be and helps bring your business operations into focus like no other application I have used.
ProsEverything about Google Drive is pretty amazing! I'm a huge advocate of this application. It can truly revolutionize the way your business is organized and the way operations are handled. The depth of what can be accomplished with Google Drive is second to none in my opinion. It doesn't hurt that 90% of the functionality is offered free with a standard gmail account. There are a few options that require a business gmail account but those are functions I have rarely required. I literally took 2 different companies, each with 5 separate retail locations, and took all of their old antiquated paper form systems, contact management, accounting, etc. and created a cloud based system with Google drive. This allowed employees from all 5 stores access or restricted access to any type of document at any time, all at the same time. The amount of time, money, and energy saved not to mention the efficiency of operation, was immeasurable. It was like moving a company from the dark ages into a modern technological society. There were concerns that older less tech savvy team members would not adjust well to the new workflow but those concerns were put to rest after they received continuous training. Any additional training required to get team members up to speed was more than worth it because the entire operation was now working together seamlessly with full access to information at any time. It certainly took time to setup new systems, produce new SOP's but it was well worth it!
ConsOnce you spend time in the software you understand how intuitively and simply it has been designed. There is nothing I don't like about this app. It is life changing.
May 31, 2019
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
May 26, 2019

“Great & Easy Drive Software”

OverallI would describe my overall experience as positive. It has heightened my work productivity levels, given me cheaper options in terms of storage and what kind of computer I chose to buy, and peace of mind knowing that my important work and art documents remained safe. I have recommended this option to many of my friends, and have encouraged them to use the platform to communicate with me for all work related tasks. I think what sets it above the rest is that it is not just a cloud drive, it is a huge amount of free software all packaged together for anyone to use. The creativity , ideas, and organization has an endless possibility on Google Drive.
ProsI recently decided to buy a chromebook, and that computer has very little space for documents and photos. Documents and photos are my bread and butter as an artist, and there is no such thing as deleting anything, because I am not sure when or if I will need that document or photo in the future. For a very cheap subscription, I was able to get 100GB of drive space and it has allowed me to have no issues using my specialized lap top, saving me hundreds of dollars. Secondly what I like most about the software is the ability to save documents in different formats and to download them in different formats. I am able to move from different forms to different documents effortlessly and without issue. When you are self-employed, it is important to both be able to save those documents in many forms, and well has never deleting them. Thirdly, I love that my items will allows be in Google Drive even if my computer breaks. The safety in knowing that my documents and pictures are safe and sound for the first time is amazing. I have lost so many important items through different computers breaking, and I know that no matter what happens to my current computer, the important items that I'm creating will not disappear. Finally, I really love using all of the extensions that google drive allow you to have. I think that the people who create those extensions are very creative. I even create invoices in my Google Drive and can send them out and track them through the free software, perfect!
ConsI honestly don't have a ton of complaints about Google Drive itself. I think that the ease of sending documents to non-gmail users could be better, but I feel that that is more of a Google Doc specific software issue than a drive issue. I think that if they could improve a bit of the folder making / storing / organizing navigation that would help me a lot . I think that given how large of space they allow you to have, keeping organized can be really difficult. The search function is extremely important to me given how many files I have, but that only works out for me if I remember the name or subject I am looking for. The search function is limited especially if I am looking for photos. Being able to stay organized and visually see my files without a search is important to me, the more files you have, the more options you will need with how you view your layout. I think that the drive could be improved a lot if they increased layout options and photo find searches. In general though these are low-stress issues to me as a user, and I would still recommend this drive over the others.
May 26, 2019
Barbara S.
VP Finance
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 9, 2019

“Google Drive is essential for file management and sharing of our international business”

OverallWe are a global technology company with multiple offices in US and internationally. We use Google drive for saving and sharing all our files in US and in international offices. Google drive is official tool used by our company globally (we employ over 1,300 people worldwide). This is a great tool!
ProsI like most that you can use Google drive for file saving and sharing from any location in US and internationally. Our business has multiple locations in US and internationally. I work in finance and part of finance team work from multiple international offices. My international team members can save files in the same Google drive regardless of location. It is easy to share and see files immediately. I can also create separate groups and share files only within those groups. I can include all or only designated individuals in each of the group. Managing access is very easy and helps confidentiality. I also like that it is very easy to share files outside of organization. It is very simple to add email address of outside party and give it access to the folder. As a result, no additional work is required. All our files are backed-up on Google drive. I love it. Sometimes, laptop can get damaged, especially during business trips, but I can still access all my files on new desktop without additional work or efford. I also like that it is very easy to access files from home or during business trips. I don't need to call server or establish a connection to the server. I simply login into my Google email and access Google drive with all files. This saves time.
ConsI love Google drive and I believe it is essential for our international business. The only one area of improvement that I would recommend is to make replication to hard drive easier and more simultaneous. When we try to replicate automatically, sometimes, we see conflicting versions and replication is not real time. So, it is better to see files on Google drive (Internet), rather than replica on hard drive. This is not a big deal as I can always work online on Google drive and download my files to Google drive myself.
Annette Y.
Junior Account Manager
May 9, 2019

“Drive Makes Your Life Easier”

OverallWith Drive, even if all our laptops and hard drives were stolen or destroyed, we'd still have all our documents safely stored and accessible in Drive. There are even apps for on-the-go collaboration. I can be miles away from the office at a photoshoot or a client meeting, and can easily find any information on my phone through the Drive app. Any prior system of file storage seems archaic after using this software.
ProsWhat did we do before products like Drive? We rummaged for files on our desktop, sent a thousand emails to colleagues looking for information, and lost documents in a shuffle of unorganized madness. Drive makes it easy to store and collaborate on files within your organization and outside of it. - The "search" feture within Drive is accurate and useful, easily and accurately identifying the content I'm looking for. As long as you use clear, identifiable titles on the items in your Drive, you will find what you're looking for in less than 5 seconds. No rummaging around on your hard drive or desktop for files, no emails back and forth to other departments to look for something. - If I need to share a Doc or a Sheet with a client for approval or collaboration, I can easily identify what level of permission I am offering them: editing or viewing. It keeps me from accidentally letting someone edit a document who shouldn't have access to it. - It is very reliable. I never experience glitching or accidentally losing content due to software malfunction (an issue I've had with competitive software). - The layout of the applications within Drive (Sheets, Docs, etc.) are intuitive and easy to navigate. I feel confident even my mostly computer illiterate 68 year old mother could handle navigating Drive and utilizing it well. - It has a clean, modern appearance that helps me feel less stressed when I'm looking for files. - The color scheme is pleasant.
ConsEven the most brilliant products have ways they can improve. 1. While Drive offers an easy launch pad into other applications like Sheets and Docs, there is not an easy way to navigate back to Drive once you're in a spreadsheet or a document. The link in the top left corner will take you back to the Sheets homepage, but not to Google Drive. For that, you have to do a few extra clicks or utilize a bookmark. In our company, we constantly hop back and forth between Sheets and Docs, so I wish there was an easier way to go back to the parent Drive page. 2. The second area for possible improvement is the permissions section. When I want to share a script with a client outisde of our organization for them to make edits to, I have to make 6 clicks. For an action that I frequently do, that's a lot. There are less clicks required if you're sharing to someone within your organization, but I find that useless as each member on our team already has access to all of our company files and doesn't need a special link for sharing purposes.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2019

“Google drive is one of the best choices for online storage and group collaboration/sharing”

OverallI have been able to help manage larger and smaller groups of people in a way that allows us to have access to shared resources and see what each other are doing. Great for team collaboration. PLus with Google docs and sheets, no more do i have to worry about whether someone on the team has the right kind of software. I love this particular product from google.
ProsI love Google Drive and use it almost everyday not just to store some personal documents that i like to have access to from any location but also in managing documents shared with other collaborators. It allows me to share files, view changes others make and history, as well as control access. Now we can all see the same information with out having to deal with revision-version email nightmares groups often can experience.
ConsThe software works great. I wish they'd add a feature to encrypt data. I think the share area could be revamped to make some sharing tasks easier.
Sébastien L.
Directeur
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“Highly Capable and User-Friendly Cloud Storage Solution at the Center of Your Digital Needs”

OverallAll in all, Google Drive remains an excellent option. It lacks some desirable features to my likings and isn't as customizable as other Google products like Gmail. But it is indeed a solid piece of software and it has worked flawlessly almost 100% of the time, except when synchronizing large amounts of data on unsupported Linux systems. I like to keep multiple copies of important files such as vacation photos and Google Drive is perfect for that scenario: you only have to upload your files once and you can rest assured that they will stay there for a long time. Downloading the files again is as easy as selecting them or even selecting a folder and right-clicking on it to create a zipped file. It makes it painless to retrieve documents on any device as long as you are willing to log in to your Google account in the first place. If not, having the ability to share a link to files is also very handy and solves many issues at work when giving direct access to one account is not feasible. I have personally connected Google Drive to many other services like Google Sheets, Google Docs, ClickUp (productivity tool), FitNotes (weight training application) and WhatsApp for instance to keep backups of most of my digital trails and it has been working like a charm since the beginning.
ProsGoogle Drive is reliable and absolutely scalable with paid plans going from 100GB to 30TB, suiting the storage needs of the vast majority of customers. It requires no initial setup, not even on Android phones where it shines brightly thanks to the fact that it manages automatic backups of users' data, storage device settings and application cache. It also integrates well with a multitude of Android applications which also offer the ability to store backups on Google Drive (such as the ubiquitous WhatsApp application). It works offline, it has plenty of keyboard shortcuts to move around efficiently, it integrates really well with other Google products such as Google Drawing and Google My Maps and it can even be connected with more online applications, including Geogebra for mathematics or MindMeister to create mind maps. As with most Google products, it comes with a powerful search box that allows to search files by type, by owner, by date modified or with specific keywords, among other filters. There are many additional features available when right-clicking on files and folders to create copies, download the file or folder and options to share with other people. Sending emails with large attachments within Gmail becomes extremely easy too, as Gmail will ask to use Google Drive when the attachments are deemed too big. Most files can be opened natively with Google tools: images, PDF documents, Google maps and spreadsheets, saving time and hassle when on the move.
ConsGoogle Drive doesn't work like a full-fledged file manager, which makes it harder to quickly organize files and folders. You can drag and drop items around, but there is no way to have split views of different folders side-by-side. There is no official Linux client to work with, which means there are many third-party solutions available: some being free and either overly complex or too simple; some better options being non-free. For this reason, there is no simple way to freely synchronize only chosen files and folders on Linux unless one is going to trust a commercial third-party company or willing to work from the terminal. Google Drive integrates with other Google products such as Calendar, Keep and Tasks, but you cannot directly include or browse files from within those apps, so one has to go back and forth or just reference shareable links that need to be created from Google Drive. Again, because there is no Linux client available, those actions can't be perform without having to access Google Drive from a web browser, which is something many other software offer right out of the box (Dropbox and pCloud being great examples, where Dropbox even has a command-line interface that allows shareable links to be created without even having opened the client). Even when those shortcomings can be overcome, Google Drive is actually slower when synchronizing than other mainstream services, making it less practical to transfer very large amount of data in one single session.
April 30, 2019
April 26, 2019

“A review of Google Drive by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency”

OverallFine, nearly completely problem or bug free for 3+ years. Nice looking UI, huge amount of functionality. Google - being as large as they are - do not provide first class online support, but they do try. Reliable.
ProsGoogle Drive allows our agency to store a huge number of document - including artwork, copy, photos, spreadsheets, etc. - online and ensure everyone on our team and our collaborators have (nearly) instant access. While not quite as fast a physical server sitting in our office it is certainly easier and cheaper and requires less maintenance. If you let your browser save your password and cookies, it's incredibly easy to immediately access the folders stored in the cloud. Works in every browser we use and seems to be able to handle every filetype we've thrown at it. It obviously is not quite as good as using a computer's OS to access, edit and explore, but it does it's job reliably. It has never lost any of our agency's data in three years.
ConsViewing the files is another story and relies on the speed of your internet. It can take a very long time to even see the thumbnails of the images in a folder - just to even know which images to start downloading! The ability to share a file or folder with anyone in the world is quite easy - but not as quick as it should be. There are many fiddly steps and clicks involved and I never feel 100% sure that the recipient will actually be able to access it. We often use WeTransfer over this method because it seems more reliable and provides better and clearer reporting.
April 26, 2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
April 17, 2019

“Google Drive: One Location for All”

OverallGoogle drive is the goto place for sharing and collaborating and I absolutely make use of it pretty much every week and sometimes everyday.
ProsBefore Google drive, sharing and collaborating with other people was through CDs, Pen drives, emails and other such mediums. Google drive has changed it dramatically by making this process easy, intuitive and less stressful. Google drive has so many Pros but here are the three main ones that makes me want to use it every time during all my personal and schooling projects - want to share only certain things with certain people but have access to all of them in one location, Google drive got you covered; want to see what others are changing things on the files (doc, xls, ppt) in real time, google drive has got you covered; want to see the history of changes over time, of course google drive has you covered. I like how I can organize my folders in different locations. One can not only create folders and documents but can easily upload them as well. As long as you have access to internet, you have access to the files. It is well integrated into the google's environment which I think is the reason why it has become so popular.
ConsThe biggest con for me has been the size limit. 15GB was not enough for me as I have a personal folder where I have lot of personal pictures and personal videos stored. These days a good 1080p videos of just a few minutes can climb up to 100MB. The other con is that though google drive gives you access to the doc, xls, ppt files the formatting is limited. This causes some issues when files are downloaded from google drive to Microsoft platform or vice versa. I don't see google drive ever enhancing their file formatting to keep up to date but again it is meant to be a collaborative platform to share and collaborate ideas and work together. For formatting simply download and do it on the correct tool.
April 17, 2019
Radoslav B.
Database Programmer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
April 11, 2019

“Google Drive Review”

OverallI am using it a long time for the university, also for work. My benefit from this app is that I am working on something at home, then upload it on my Drive, and when I go to the university I can easily open my work - I have no need to get my PC with me. Also I can easily save for example pictures when I am on a trip and run out of memory on my phone. Then just share my files in the Drive and make much more pictures - no adittional SD cards or whatever. The main advantage is that you can accesss files everywhere anytime you want - from laptop, tablet, PC, telephone - all you want. It is very easy and useful to use software. I pretty recommend it.
Pros1. Very pretty desing 2. Everything is intuitive - you can easily find what you want. You do not waste your time in understanding how to work with the application. 3. There is a search engine for the whole application - this helps the user to easily find some files. 4. There is leftside navigation bar which conatins all you want: 4.1. You can easily see all the containers ( folders ) that you created and navigate to them. 4.2. You can easily see everything shared with you - in the section. 4.3. You have your recycle bin - easily see what you have deleted. 4.4. You can see what is the amount of storage that you are currently using - this is helpful in order to let you know how to manage your content - and if you had run out of space, there is a quick link where you can easily expand your cloud storage. 5. There is right navigation panel which easily shows you basic information about currently selected folder or file. There is useful information which sometimes is useful and you can reach it with just one move of your head. 6. There is activity tab which shows you what have you been doing. I find this helpful in order to remember what you have been doing and in order to check if someone has hacked your account and did something you do not want to. 7. There is a virus scanner befofre you download the file. 8. You can easily open your files and even edit them - for example some documents. 9. You can share specific files to specific people.
Cons1. Maybe it is a good idea to show the content of archive files - in order to know if you really want to download the file. And till now this is the only thing that for my pyrposes is not practical. All in all everything esle is very good and useful.
April 11, 2019
Noemi M.
Innovation Designer
April 3, 2019

“Great for collaboration and sharing”

OverallOverall, we use Drive a lot in our organization because it's an effective way to communicate in real time and to give others visibility (and even commenting abilities) on what we are doing. Using this software has improved the way we can display and share our work, without fear of it getting lost or taking up too much space. For example, we have started creating Google Sites through Drive instead of PDF documents to report on projects, as they are more interactive and people like the experience of being guided through a website. That's been a big win for us, and the Drive software absolutely empowers us to do this.
ProsThe biggest advantage to using Drive - whether it's Sheets, Docs, Slides, or Sites within Drive - is the provision for simultaneous editing. And then saving in the cloud. It is the height of collaboration, and the fact that it is web-based helps me feel like my work is safe and not as risk of getting completely lost (though some may disagree). I have made great use of Google Docs and Google sites especially within drive, which are very shareable and great places to house information. I like that I can control access in terms of viewing and editing, and can choose these options for drafts of websites and published versions alike. Aesthetically speaking, too, Drive's presentations of its offerings (docs, slides, etc) is visually cohesive, which makes me feel like I'm in the same platform and that I somewhat know what I'm doing when I enter a potentially new space within the software.
ConsSometimes, it is hard to find. What I mean by this - there seems to be an older version of say, Google Sites, that I might access from a gmail account. However, when I go to my gmail account and hit Google Sites, it seems to take me to the old version. I have many times panicked that my sites in progress don't exist in this location, only to remember that I have to go to google drive first (a separate icon in the same grouping of icons to choose from) and from there go into Google Sites, which presents as a newer, cleaner version and where my sites are housed. It doesn't make sense that there would be an umbrella location like Google Drives to house sites, docs, sheets, slides, etc, only to have those same icons elsewhere linking to something else (specifically with sites), knowing that people often access from gmail accounts where these are all lumped together. It's very confusing. Also, not really a clear way to work offline, but usually just work in a google doc and upload when there's connection. For sites and slides, though, this is harder to do offline. Sites, within drive, should have more flexible options and tools for customizing. I only have about 3 colors that I can choose from for buttons and headings and the like, and only a few fonts, font sizes, shapes and layouts that the site will accommodate. It's a very basic version of something that has enormous potential for customization, especially considering its convenient location within Google Drive.
April 3, 2019
Liam S.
Innovation Designer
March 31, 2019

“Live. Love. Drive.”

OverallWe use Google Drive as part of the Google Business Suite at our organization and have switched over to it almost exclusively for document storage and creating and collaborating on working documents. We can't imagine doing our work without it and appreciate that it is so universal. Even internationals with whom we work are familiar with the software and find it easy to jump in with us at whatever project stage we are at.
ProsI was jerryrigging an approximation of Google Drive before it even existed by going into Gmail and saving files as attachments to draft emails. Then logging in from another computer to access them. Thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore! Google Drive is the best way to make sure you have your files when you need them, no matter where you go, or what device you have access to. It's my first stop when I need to create a document, spreadsheet, or business presentation. Plus, with our organization's recent upgrade to the Business Suite, storage space is no longer a concern. I would pay for it, even if I were just using it personally. That's how much it means to me.
ConsThe only issues I run into with Google Drive are those that reflect my own disorganized nature. Sometimes I have trouble finding what I'm looking for because I don't have a great filing system. But that's where the search bar comes in handy. The other frustrations I run into with Drive are when others use it incorrectly. Like sharing a file without opening up file sharing permissions. Or being logged into a different Google account when they make edits and leave comments. It's nothing that can't be overcome with a little training and a sprinkling of needed knowledge gained from personal experience or from the help forums.
March 31, 2019
Internet, Self-employed
March 26, 2019

“Google Drive user review”

OverallGoogle Drive has become part of a lot of peoples work as it serves the most important feature as a shelf for all your files. Have been loving the minmalistic design . All the features which are being constantly updated and such keen intent on making things better with improving the experience consistently has also increased the intent as we can be assured of much more features which can help us is a delight to expect. An allround app with ton load of features with a minimal design and maximum workability makes this a need rather than necessity. There are other options in the market but the usability and ease makes it a clear winner from my view .
ProsI love that Drive has made it so convenient to have files and data at your disposal at any given time. All you need is an internet device. I like that all the drive is easily navigatable and the thumbnails is an added advantage. Absolutely been loving the drag and drop feature since it came. A well-thought list of features which makes things so easy and fast to use, access and download. Like the activity tab which helps in retrieving files easily for repeated use. Love the work space feature to share files among specific groups, making things lot easier and efficient.
ConsThe first thing comes to my mind, when it comes to demerits is the fact that some time uploading or downloading content feels clumsy, much to blame the internet speeds I guess, Would like if the file thumbnails are a bit bigger would make things easier when you are scrolling to look for a specific file visually. Would like if the Data meter also displayed some more key features like a pie chart with different type files with data properties. Same applies to the drive itself if searching for a file could be different from the list or thumbnail to something more ergonomic would make the user experience much more delightful.from the conventional list.
March 26, 2019
Delia M.
Receptionist
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2019

“Great cloud service”

OverallThis is one of the reatest programs I have used. Is really practical if you have to work in several devices, you can consult your documents from your PC, or your smartphone... Personally I have a lot of documents which I like to consult and is as easy as check the app on my smartphone, if I want to modify anything I can also do it from there and later check it in my PC. If the case is that you can not use your PC, you have access from any Internet Browser. One of the best parts is the sharing option by which you can share the folders or documents of your chose with several partners. Really good for teamworkers which are not in the same office. Moreover Google adds a lor of utilities, like docs, calc sheets, presentations... which increase the uses. Not only can you use this software as a storing cloud, but you can also work comfortably as if you were using any office tool. My overall rating is a 10 for its great manageability.
ProsEasy use. It syncs with a google account and you are able to have access to them from any device. You can view documents and also edit them online with the google docs utility, (for example, there is a lot more) they save instantly which is really great if you are forgetful, or have to work in diferent devices. It's like a folder that you can have on your device with the advantage of being online. You can also install the application on your Windows PC and upload the folders from a folder that is created on your device locally. It is really dificult to lose information. You also can create shared folders or documents, really usefull for share with varius workers.
ConsWhen saving documents or images if you do not look at the default folder, you have to go through all the folders and subfolders if you do not remember the name which you saved it. You have to make sure to correctly select the permissions that are granted to the users with whom the documents and folders are shared, since one of the options is that they can edit, and eliminate the work.
March 15, 2019
Tawanda M.
CWBTS
Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees
March 5, 2019

“Google Drive, the thumb drive i'll never lose!”

OverallGoogle drive allows me to create folders and organise my files. It is cloud based meaning I can access it any where any time as long as I have an internet connection. Google drive allowed me to access my resume and cover letter when I wanted to apply for a job while travelling and I was away from my personal computer. luckily I had backed up these documents onto google drive.
ProsGoogle Drive's free features are enough for my situation. The 15GB that you get from the free plan is more than enough for me. I like the fact that it is integrated with my gmail and allows me to send files larger than 25mb from my gmail. I like that google drive is web based but still has right click fucntionality which gives you a context sensitive menu and not the usual html options as most sites. this means it is actually an application running in your browser and not just a website. Google allows you the option to install a desktop application which comes with features allowing you to backup you files and folders to the cloud by right clicking and selecting sync this folder. Google also gives you the option of a sync folder which is added to your desktop file system once you install the client. This folder automatically uploads or downloads files to or from the cloud respectively to ensure that the local folder and the remote folder are the same. Once your files are on google drive, they are accessible from any device that you have connected to the the Google Drive. You also have the option to turn off sync if you want to use Google Drive as a backup storage space and not necessarily mirror the files from your local storage.
ConsThe download and upload speeds speeds are a bit slow when you deal with larger files. I wish it could use a "torrent like " technique to increase speed of downloads by using multiple connections. Therefore the speed with which you can access you documents and files depends largely on your internet connection.
March 5, 2019
Information Services, Self-employed
February 19, 2019

“Best Cloud storage”

OverallGoogle Drive serving me very much especially to fulfill my documentation tasks. Easy to manage with the cloud because I can access my documentation from any computers/ any time (e.g: for presentation, showing reports to head/clients, financial documentation, etc). For each team I have a shared folders to view their documentations and I am having the edit privilege to make the changes. Editing logs are available to trace back the changes made to the documents.
ProsMost of our smart phones (Android) is having Google accounts to operates and Google Drive is the advanced cloud storage media contains with free 15GB of storage for all the Google accounts to store the files freely. As general, cloud is the new technology we are using to access our resources remotely from anywhere, anyplace, and anytime. Google Drive providing with the user friendly environment where the user can feel the he/she is working with their file system (e.g: can create a folder, create a word/excel/power point, cut/copy/past the files and folder, file/folder sharing with advance option such as view/edit, etc.) It is accessible if we have signed our Google Email and we can share the documents through the email or as by links. It is acting as a portable, accessible and not tangible storage device for all of us.
ConsIt perfectly alright to the well known users and it may be difficult to the new users (users are low in technical knowledge). When we are sharing a confidential file it is restricting the others access by providing their emails but it will be more secure if those files share with passwords. We can backup our own folders in our PC. So, as attackers perspective any attackers can misuse this feature to copy some file from someones PC without any storage devices. It will be good if it have encryption mechanism to store the confidential files and to share with others.
February 19, 2019
Jason P.
Donor Relations Officer
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
February 5, 2019

“Is Drive Perfect? No-But It's Close.”

OverallAs someone who moves from various devices on a regular basis, Google Drive is a godsend. The program lets you create documents, spreadsheets, slides, and storage area across multiple platforms-all you need to do is be able to log in and access it from a browser or app. I use this regularly for my day job as well as various writing side projects I have. Being able to type ideas at home, access it same document from my phone at lunch, and then look at it again from my work laptop is incredible. This isn't new technology, of course, but the way Drive does it feels seamless. Download to independent devices is also incredibly easy. As it uploading files (I've used Drive as a dumping ground for many a photo archive over the years). It's not perfect, though-trying to work with more elegant formatting for an uploaded .doc file (for instance) will almost always result in a pretty terrible looking document. And while it doesn't happen often, Drive is sometimes down for maintenance...which of course happens when you *really* need it. But, it's great. I'm not a huge Google nut, but I always recommend Drive to folks. It's saved my bacon more than once.
Pros-The ability to store and easily access documents, spreadsheets, images, and so on from any device is fantastic. -Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface. -A fair bit of customization as far as organizing goes. -Working collaboratively is easy. -It's free!* *(To a certain point-you can upgrade to more storage for a small monthly fee.)
Cons-If (and when) Drive is down, you can't access your files unless you downloaded them. -Exporting and importing .doc files sometimes results in a huge formatting mess. -Not as many general options for the various documents and spreadsheets as I would like. -Sharing documents with people (and the resulting phantom emails Google sends to people) kind of drives me crazy.
February 5, 2019
Russell P.
Teacher
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
December 20, 2018

“Drive is great for the SPED teacher”

OverallClassroom-based teacher
ProsGoogle Drive is an integral tool for a Special Education teacher. If you haven't made the jump , then you should personally start exploring all that it has to offer. Here's why I like it: First off, let's consider why it's the cloud-based advantages of Drive. Items are stored in the cloud and can be accessed anytime, anywhere, with any any device. I can look at my laptop, tablet, phone, etc. and still access the files I need in a moment's notice. Beyond that, when you work with Drive, it's always being saved automatically in the cloud. Plus, I never have to worry about my computer dying, a program shutting down unexpectedly, or losing a thumb drive. It's always backed up in the cloud for me. Now for a SPED teacher perspective, because of the reasons I mentioned earlier, I can do a voice recording for an oral exam, store it to drive, and share it with students. They would then have access to listen to the oral exam any time! I don't have to re-read the same exam 4 times in a day and then again if a student missed. It's just saved on Drive and students can listen at their own pace and when they need it. If you work with Drive, you also have access to the G Suite platform of tools (Docs, Slides, Forms, etc.). Because of this, you don't have to worry about students losing/misplacing items - it can all be stored, shared, and turned in on Drive. I'll keep this post limited to Drive, but I also recommend checking out the other Google tools (Docs, Classroom, etc.).
ConsNo real cons, honestly. There's a steep learning curve at first, but most of us are starting to become familiar with the idea of things being stored in the "cloud," so that's not really a reason for concern. Google may not always personally offer the greatest support (it's good - not great), but there are also tons of great videos on YouTube to learn how to work with Drive. Another concern is that since it's Google they are always tinkering with things and updating features. Some may not like this because things change over the course of a year, but I don't think it's really a con. They're just trying to improve their platform!
December 20, 2018
Oska Z.
Head Of International Business Development
December 13, 2018

“This software changed the game”

OverallIt's amazing, I love these Google products and the fact they are so good has really made me change my mind about Google as a company as a whole. I understand they get access to reams of user data, the likes of which has never been seen before when giving this app out for so cheap, but it really feels like an act of philanthropy. I don't think group collaboration or business will ever be the same again. This software opens the world up to everybody everywhere, no longer having to crack a version of Microsoft in order to start a company or send your dissatation to your teacher.
ProsIt's changed the whole way people do personal computing. The price is so affordable, the ease of use is out of this world and the ability to now collaborate with others will never be the same again. Firstly the way I can edit documents in real time with other people is extraordinary, this has saved me so much pain and frustration having to export document formats so people on different operating systems can tediously format them to see what I'm doing and send them back. Secondly, I can't imagine the amount of genius in this world has been lost to a crashing computer, weeks of work disappearing due to an old machine or crashing software. I know students will never be able to use this excuse again and for them that's sad, but my work constantly being saved to the cloud so I never lose it is unbelievable. Next the revision software you can do on Google drive documents. The fact I can go back into my revision history and see who did what when and jump back. I wouldn't have even imagined this was possible. Lastly, the awesome document link sharing feature, sharing a link so easily to get others accsess is awesome.
ConsThe sharing feature drives me mad, every time I move a file around my drives it asks me if I'm sure I want to share the file with people in the new file. This is so annoying. I know exactly who and why I am sharing my files with, this safety feature is so tedious. Also the fact I have to change the sharing options every time I share the file with somebody, you've sent a document to somebody happy that the next day they are going to make the edits and you get an email back in the AM saying "sorry I couldn't do the work, I didn't have the correct accsess", I'd rather learn the lesson the hard way (somebody getting the file that I didn't want them to) than having to update the sharing settings everytime I give somebody a link.
December 13, 2018
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
Internet, Self-employed
December 5, 2018

“google drive review”

ProsEase of usage; one of the best user interface ever is that of the google drive as just about anybody can get around the platform and efficiently get things done, it is the overhaul and redefinition of file sharing. Storage size; google drive basically offers every google products user with a Gmail account a 15GB free cloud storage to save and share file with whomever they deem fit. This generosity by the parent company of this amazing platform is the reason why many are drawn to the service in the first place. Accessibility; the files saved on google drive can be accessed by just anyone with the file's link, in addition to that, the platform can be accessed cross platform i.e. on smartphones running the android operating system and apple's iOS. Likewise on internet enabled personal computers running the windows operating system, different Linux flavors and macOS. Feature rich, google drive does not only provide you with the luxury of sharing files and folders with people you care about, sharing has never been this easy with the preview feature of google drive as you get a thumbnail view of whatever file it is you want to send so that you can work better and faster. Editing on google drive gets better by the day as a group of people accessing the same file can both make edits without one person hindering the other. There is also aid for those who loves to edit on the go as the live check put in place by the platform helps to check for errors in documents.
ConsEditing and conversion; when you edit a document on the google drive platform, saving the file exactly as you want it becomes a problem as you are only presented with a few file types to convert your edited file to. Still on file conversion, when you edit and convert a file, there is a limit to the size of your converted size, I don't know why google decided to go with this decision but it's a bad one. Spell check automation; as against offline document editing softwares with spell checkers, the google drive spell checking does not immediately swing into action to save the day by preventing you from making spelling mistakes, you have to be your own hero by manually launching the service in google sheets.
December 5, 2018
Accounting, 10,001+ employees
December 4, 2018

“Google Drive's Got It All, and a Lot of Free Space to Share”

OverallWhether in a business setting, my personal life, or my university studies, Drive is integral to my success and I wouldn't want to go without it.
ProsGoogle Drive is such a generous Cloud based storage platform. My university had a partnership with Google Drive granting us unlimited storage, but even when that has been taken away, I've never felt pressed for space. It's so much more than storage though, as the integration between all of the other Google Suite platforms and email is seamless and simple. Organization is quick and easy, and you can create folders and view edits/make shares with little effort. I share pictures with other members of my family, and it's easy to upload photos directly into a Drive folder and then share with whomever. The uploads are quick, and the massive amount of available storage means that I don't have to pick and choose. Preservation is also something I'm trying to get better at, and having my documents on the Drive, even if they're duplicates of what I have on my computer, makes me feel better prepared in the event of a dreaded computer crash. I also like that it is part of my computer files window, making it easy to drag and drop files straight to the Drive without having to manually upload them on the site. Bonus: The App is really user friendly and its easy to view the documents using the App if you're on the go.
ConsThe App makes it quite difficult to make actual edits to documents, but is great for simply viewing. I just wouldn't rely on the App to replace the desktop version (it seems like that is where the expectations of apps are going these days). The softwares within Google Drive, such as Google Sheets or Google Docs, do have better counterparts out there (aka their Microsoft equivalents). However, for the average user, and when you factor in the ease and accessibility provided by Drive in bringing them all together into one interface, it makes it worth it by far.
December 4, 2018
Joshua Davin H.
Deputy General Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2018

“Best Collaborative Application Available For Small Business ”

OverallI have been personally using Google Drive and the incorporated Apps since they were released to the public. I have used them for both professional and personal storage of documents and pictures and used the office Apps to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, online forms, and even websites. Throughout its introduction and after, I have been able to completely stop using Microsoft Office, Open Office, or OS versions of office software. I used Google Drive and Apps throughout university and professional career. I have even taught others to use it and have taught using it. Excellent piece of kit to have in your pocket!
ProsThe best part of using Google Drive is the seamless collaboration that it provides for small business teams, production teams, or project management professionals. You are able to store and share files within a perfect organizational structure that is intuitive and easy to understand. With the Google Apps within Google Drive, you are able to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more with LIVE multiple users. While creating and editing , you can chat with team members and see what they are creating, editing, or updating LIVE. It allows you to track edits and leave comments to be viewed at anytime by any member of a team. Anything created can be shared with others using Gmail or published to the internet to be shared publicly or privately.
ConsAt times, it is difficult for some users to get used to any updates that Google may push through in the use of Google Drive apps. I have also experienced some employees not willing to adapt to the new/simple environment of Google Drive and it's Apps (they are hooked on the massive amount of icons within Microsoft Office Suite)
November 27, 2018
Internet, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2018

“Best platform for collaborative shared files!”

OverallIf I were to sum it up in a few words, it would be easy, simple, free, collaborative and productiv. I highly recommend it!
ProsI've been using Google Drive for a couple of years now and it never failed on me. Everything works as expected. The new interface is easier to work with than the previous one. The layout is cleaner and it's easier to find what you need. It's very well integrated with its other services such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Photos etc. File sharing is great, made really simple. Just right-click on any file or folder and select the option to share that file. That's it. You can easily upload or create a new file by clicking the big white button "New" in the top left area of the screen. The mobile app works very well and you can browse your files easily. The desktop app makes a real folder on your computer with all the files that you have on Google Drive, making file changes (copy, cut, paste, delete, rename, etc) just like you do on locally stored files. I haven't had any technical issues so far, but when my colleagues had trouble, the support team was always helpful and very quick to fix any issues.
ConsIf you use google drive for work with your work account and also have google drive for your personal account, the desktop app is not currently supporting multiple users. You are forced to be signed in with just one of them and use the web browsing version for the other account(s). It's frustrating that it so easy to switch between users on the web, but you can't do that on your desktop. Other than this, nothing comes to mind.
November 20, 2018
Frank R.
C.E.O. Marketin and comunnication specialist
November 17, 2018

“Six more ways to use Drive.”

OverallIt allows to present your ideas, photographs and works by means of a presentation made with Google Docs and stored in Drive. Show it in your Blog or web to the size that you prefer and with the aspect that you want. Allow your users to store in the cloud, in their own Drive account, the files that you offer from your website or Blog. No need to store them on a hard drive or external USB support, you can access them from home, your smartphone or wherever you want by accessing your Drive account. It is necessary to learn to use the Save to Drive button on your website.
ProsGoogle Drive is not just a cloud storage service offered by Google, it is also a set of tools that can enhance the functioning of web pages and Blogs. Blogger and many other options for web publications do not have certain services related to file storage that allow you to extend beyond your own concept as a content editor for Blogs. Google Drive can extend the capacity of applications such as Blogger or other means of web publishing to give them added value by offering "hosting" (hosting external files) or even functions that go beyond the storage of information through files, such as Use of forms. Let's briefly review some of the utilities offered by Google Drive not only as a perfect complement to Blogger but also as a fantastic service for other web publishing media that can take advantage of its advantages. 1- Storage and management of forms with notifications by mail for your website or Blog. 2- Hosting a complete website. 3- Storage and hosting of resource files for your website or Blog. 4- Creating links to download files for your website or Blog. 5- Offer on your website or Blog presentations made with Google Docs. 6- Save to Drive for your website or Blog. In short, Google Drive is a nice box of surprises that can offer utilities for your Blog or web that you might not have imagined and complement your daily work.
ConsFor me, it's easier to create locally, upload to the cloud and edit collaboratively. Each member of the team uploads their chapter to a master document or that corrections can be made to the document by several people at the same time. Also in this case I prefer to use Microsoft's online tools. The fastest using the same tool both locally and online. And also I do not have to change my document organization depending on whether a document is included in a folder that is synchronized with the cloud or not.
November 17, 2018
Nagish K.
IT Officer
October 27, 2018

“Awesome New User Interface and Price Changes for Extra Space”

OverallI am using Google Drive for the last three years. I have never lost my data or got a problem that couldn't be solved by the Google team. The best thing about the Google service is its team which helps quickly and solve the issue if it comes. The new UI and Price changes made it more likable. I hope it will be improved further especially the prices. I recommend Google Drive to everyone who has storage problem or their data get lost or corrupted in local storage. I am happy to have a reliable service provider and I use it daily to store and sync my data.
ProsGoogle has done a great job with the new user interface design of Google Drive. Now it looks easier to work with it because of its left side panel from where it is easy to add a new folder, file, doc, sheet, etc. The new font and Iconography looks really crisp from before. The new price changes made by Google Drive are also pretty likable such as the prices of Google One and others because the price range is now more affordable than before, which made me really happy to have more space even I pay less for it. I always love discounts so, this initiative made me really happy. Auto update of packages was great as I was using 100GB plan and automatically upgrade helped me to get more storage on that same price which made me more happy with the google drive storage service.
ConsThe competitor iCloud provides more space in less amount. It would be really appreciated if Google Drive provide it on same price or less, but as Google Drive's Free storage is still better then iCloud's storage and the User Interface beats it. So I will still prefer Google Drive over iCloud Storage. I will not compare Google Drive with Microsoft 365 Storage or Dropbox because they are charging more for fewer space and services. For me Google Drive is a winner and up in the competition because of its Prices and User Friendly Interface which no other service providers privides.
October 27, 2018
Ricardo Andrés P.
inspectro de seguridad
Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees
October 24, 2018

“GOOGLE DRIVE MORE AND BETTER STORAGE IN THE CLOUD”

OverallIn addition to the usual files that can be shared on Google Drive, there are some special documents "THE GOOGLE DOCS" which is another point for me that clearly highlights Google Drive. These are similar to Microsoft Office's "GOOGLE TEXT DOCUMENT WOULD BE WORD EQUIVALENT" and "GOOGLE'S CALCULATION SHEET WOULD BE THE EXCEL EQUIVALENT" with the difference that there may be several people working on it at the same time being a great help for work at distances in groups or teams. All this plus the synchronization of folders and files from the computer or mobile device which allows to edit the files since, Google Drive will analyze the changes and apply them to your files in the cloud, this happens with all the actions "delete, edit, add "and with all types of files from any synchronized device, sharing documents now becomes easier when they ask for topics or shared analysis in some kind of format
ProsWHY CHOOSE GOOGLE DRIVE? Simply because it offers more storage space in the cloud in its free plan of 15 GB in total compared to other hosting services, however, this space is actually the general of the entire Google account, since it also counts the space that contain your Google+ photos and your Gmail emails. But despite this apparent limitation the space offered by Google Drive continues to be much higher compared to other storage services, therefore, store all your files on the Internet and have them always available in your account is what Google Drive offers you , always having the possibility of obtaining more storage capacity.
ConsI must say that after several years of using Google Drive, which has greatly facilitated my work and my personal activities as a blogger to be able to store all my PDF, WORD, IMAGES, ETC. I find very few disadvantages in Google Drive, such as: . - Google Drive Does not offer statistics for downloaded or viewed documents . - If the documents have several editors or collaborators could be eliminated by one of them. . - Although Google offers to be able to index advertisements in several of its products in the case of Google Drive, this is not the case, which would allow the downloads to be monetized while visualizing the study documents made by oneself, an option that would avoid cumbersome shorteners being used for downloads. Despite these apparent disadvantages of Google Drive are really only small details that can be improved in an era in which massive communication and monetization of the pages are the order of the day.
October 24, 2018
Mandeep J.
Associate Project Manager
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
October 23, 2018

“One of the best service for cloud storage and backup your important information. ”

OverallOverall I would say I am very happy to use this software. I have been using this software on Microsoft Windows and Android Mobile devices and never thought of using any other software for my cloud storage needs.
ProsI have been using this software by Google since last 5-6 years, both on my mobile devices and on computer. One of the best feature of this software is its syncing capabilities across various platforms. I don't need to manually sync any information from my mobile device to my computer. Google Drive does it automatically based on my account I logged in on all devices. Further I can just access any information from my any devices anywhere using my login credentials and don't need to carry storage device to carry my information along with me. This makes me feel safer while accessing my sensitive information remotely. Also, you can have various options from their paid plans to get the cloud storage. Which I think is best option to store your important information rather than saving that physically on storage devices. I would say this is one of the best software for remotely storing your information and accessing that safely using login credentials. Best software provided by Google. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone who need to access information across various devices.
ConsNot many cons I noticed but yes one of not so good feature I can say is that sometimes it becomes difficult to find what data has been shared publicly and what is set as private. It should have some kind of definite identification of data shared as public and the private records.
Scott U.
Senior Quality Analyst
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
October 23, 2018

“Google Drive the ULTIMATE Storage Drive!”

OverallI really like the drive. As I said above, I use it for both personal and business reasons, and really like it's ease of use. I trust it for everyday use, and I use it everyday! I have tried drop box, as well as others, and just find Google Drive to be the easiest of them all.
ProsGoogle drive is a one stop shop for personal or business use storage of files, photos, and music. I have used Google drive since it's inception, and it's constantly evolving to be the ultimate storage option for me. I have used it for years, and have the free 15GB version, and have not even come close to using all of my storage. I can drag and drop photos, excel files, word doc and it's seam less. I can then open these up in the provided Google app, or download them again to open them locally. If you don't have Office installed on your local computer it's so much easier to select the Google app and open it right up. It's easily organized, and displays the most recent files at the top of the main drive page. I use it for both personal and business purposes, and it's always there. Never do you have to worry about the drive dying on your,and losing your data. Many times my external drives have died, and I lose everything, not with Google drive though, all of my data is always there. You can also buy more drive space if needed.
ConsThe apps or add ins used to open excel or power point files, and be a little dodgy sometimes, and when you drag and drop a file to the drive itself, it will open the file in a pre-view mode that you then, have to right click, and select one of the drive apps to use.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 22, 2018

“Driven To The Limits”

OverallEasy to use, simple and no-nonsense, on top with the fact that it provides a generous 15GBs on free storage, Google Drive is my personal go-to cloud storage. With it's ease of file sharing, making sure that everybody can access the document is a breeze, editing them on the fly is seamless due to its integration with G Suite. The creme de la creme is that all of these are free, and you would only need to upgrade the plans if you're in desperate need of more storage.
Pros The ever useful Google Ecosystem. (It has access to other Google services like their Gmail and Google Documents, where the latter allows seamless transition when a document file, like a word document or a spreadsheet, is opened) Integration with a plethora of web based services. Extremely intuitive user interface. Simple file sharing capabilities. Easily monitoring of the documents' activity log. Computer syncing, which allows the backing up of files on your computer. The mobile app allows the files to be easily accessed anywhere, the mobile website is also well-designed. Free 15GBs of storage, though it is shared with Gmail. Decently priced if you're opting for the paid version.
Cons File sharing requires a Google account. (Can be mitigated as you don't exactly need to register a gmail account in order to have a Google account) Google's ecosystem makes it rather difficult to communicate with other services outside of the Google ecosystem, like Microsoft's Outlook. May need to be refreshed multiple times to see any 'real-time' changes. Ease of access by multiple users for a single document may cause some issues like multiple edits on the same time, or the risk of having someone sabotaging the documents. Rather nit-picky opinion, but it does not have a personal customization capabilities like those on other Google applications like Gmail.
October 22, 2018
Michael J.
Self-employed
October 2, 2018

“Google Drive, a Meeting by Chance!”

ProsThe best thing, first off is it's free, which is always a great thing! The second thing is that it can hold so much memory in the drive. I mean I have at least a thousand photos and tons of videos stored in it and never have any issues finding specific photos or videos (once I figured it all out, that is...)! I love that it shows a thumbnail of each photo/video, so you know what you are actually clicking into, which makes it a cinch to find any file at anytime, even on a tiny smart phone. It's always a plus that you can share photos or files so easily, with just a click of the button and it's paramount that they have the audience setting right in clear sight, as to no need to search and worry that your file just went public! Anyway, Google definitely has saved my days many times over!!
ConsMy only pet peeve about it is that it's not organized correctly. When I first started using it a few years back, I felt like I was going around in circles trying to access different areas of the drive? It took me awhile to wrap my brain around where things were saved to, when I accidentally clicked upload to drive and went searching all over for that one file! That's how the whole Google Drive thing started in the first place, by accident! Anyway, once I figured it all out, and believe me, google's "help" pages, at that time, did NOT help at all, I started using it all of the time. But I had so many duplicate files because of not being able to find them originally, it's not even funny, so that was my main pet peeve. And like all software, gadgets, computers, appliances, etc..., there's always a few glitches here and there, but that's to be expected and necessary some times! ;)
October 2, 2018
Christian N.
Owner / Instructor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 29, 2018

“Google Drive Review”

OverallGoogle Drive is a fantastic service for personal and professional projects. Some security concerns with user-directed information distribution would make this product inappropriate for some industries. However, this is overall a must-use/must-know central piece of productivity software for any general office manager or coordinator!
ProsThe best features of Google Drive are it's integration with other Google Services. What easily separates Google Drive from competing services like Dropbox and OneDrive are its immediate integration with on-line productivity tools and its ease-of-use for multiple user coordination. While other services such as OneDrive and Dropbox do make sharing easy, Google Drive stands out with its highly integrated productivity suite. OneDrive does have integration with Office Online tools, but the Microsoft online productivity suite lags behind Google in terms or ease-of-access and general use (Google has a several year head-start on Microsoft in the field of online productivity tools.)
ConsThere really aren't many cons about Google Drive, only minor thoughts that might be more personal to myself as a user or scale-specific security concerns that only apply to specific industries or projects. One such minor thing is I find folder navigation slightly cumbersome as compared to off-line file navigation programs on both Windows, Android, and Mac/iOS platforms I've used. However, this has also been my experience in OneDrive. This, then, indicates the problem may be more with myself as a user than the product. ;) Other issues regarding security for file sharing really only apply to regulated industries such as healthcare, financial, or social services industries that all have specific regulatory requirements and dedicated services for sharing files and information.
September 29, 2018
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2018

“Google Drive for G Suite - Pros easily outweigh the cons.”

OverallOur company shares a lot of files and folders within the company as well as outside our organization with customers. Google Drive has been a simple solution to keep everyone on the same page with shared files/folders and gives us the option to temporarily share files with clients using the permission expiration features. We love that it keeps everything in one place but is easily accessible from just about anywhere.
Pros- Ease of use: it doesn't get easier than Google Drive. We use Google Drive with our business G Suite account, the ease of use makes onboarding new employees quick and simple which means less wasted time for management. - Accessibility: Access from ANYWHERE. Instant upload and instant availability means accessing files on the go is simple and fast. - File sharing: Add an email address and you're good to go. Easily set permissions for what that person is able to do (view only, edit, organize, share, etc.) and change those permissions just as quickly if need be. - File sharing expiration: We love this feature. We share images with our clients and give them a time frame to have the option to download or save their files. You can customize that time frame for any length of time. After that window of time is up, the link automatically stops sharing. No setting reminders or deleting share permissions. - Commenting on files: Just found this little gem and it's amazing. We have a lot of shared files and folders, you can easily comment or make notes on both. This is very helpful if the folder is missing something or a file needs annotating but you don't want to markup the actual file.
Cons- File "corruption": Occasionally one of our shared files will be opened on a PC and someone else will open it on a Mac and for some reason that doesn't always go smoothly on the back end. The next time you open the file it sometimes says it's corrupted. Luckily, (a "pro") Google Drive automatically saves "versions" so you can fairly easily restore an earlier version before the file was corrupted and typically you don't lose any changes or information. Mostly just an inconvenience. - Commenting on files: While this is a huge "pro", the only downside is that the comments are not timestamped or dated so it's hard to keep a string of comments or notes going to show updates or changes.
September 24, 2018
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“Brilliant but expensive”

OverallBefore Drive, we had physical hard drives that fail and lose all of your data. Finding documents in the hard drives was difficult and of course, buying drives and backing them up was costly in terms of money and time. Drive has given me a reliable, stable alternative to this which has the added benefits of access anywhere around the world and an offline version where I am off grid. Other than the unethical reduction of storage I'd advise everyone to store this way.
ProsStable and reliable, which I definitely need for my files. This is very easy to use and fast. I can easily access my files online from anywhere. There is also an offline version that is very easy for moving files around. The folder structure is brilliant for organising my files but the real gold (as you'd expect from Google) is the search functionality. I can find my files very easily. The beauty is that it is FREE. The free storage space can be very generous but beware. See cons below.
ConsThe free storage space can be very generous but Google has been known to encourage you to link the photos and videos from your phone and store them on your drive pushing your usage up very quickly and they then reduce the space allowed overnight forcing you to either reduce your usage with time-consuming deleting and moving from your Google drive to your hard drive, or the easier option forcing you to pay them a subscription to buy more data. I didn't find this particularly ethical and it did put me off Google who have otherwise been very generous in disrupting the greedy software companies from emptying our bank accounts into theirs. Moving files in Drive is really awkward, time-consuming, unpractical and not pleasant at all. The only way around it is to do it in the offline Windows Explorer version.
September 20, 2018
Brandy C.
Design, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2018

“For ease of use- so so helpful! ”

OverallOverall I think the expirience with Google Drive is a very positive one! I hope they continue to improve the accessibility, ease of use, and overall customer expirience but I won't be giving it up ANY time soon!
ProsGoogle Drive has been a fantastic product to use in the line of work I do. I work for a designer who needs me to order product, keep maticulous details, create catalogs of merchandise ect... for that, google drive has been such a great collaborative tool! My work is seen in real time, the changes and comments can be made instantaneous and my work is ALWAYS saved!! I love that I can share and collaborate on every project and that my time spent ( billable time) is also tracked in the details of the folders! So helpful
ConsGoogle Drive works best with a very high internet connection. My boss doesn't have such high speed internet and often the files won't load, won't print, ect. I often have to take screen shots or convert items to PDF's and email them just to have her see them. While these documents have lots of functionality... it is also limited to internet. One more thing I absolutely HATE about google docs is that they don't have the functionality of the general Microsoft package. Simple things like - sorting A-Z in Sheets, or uploading images into cells need research and modules added into the system to make them function. While this is not a super big deal- when you have very large projects, it can be extremely hard to make the documents/sheets function properly. Some simple, easy features would go a long way! Also- several times the google docs have caused my computer to freeze up or crash. I am not sure why this is, but it happens probably once or twice a week after I've been working in a google doc or sheet for a few hours. This is never convienient.
September 12, 2018
Mareen A.
Manager, Ad Operations
Newspapers, 501-1000 employees
September 10, 2018

“Cloud storage like no other”

OverallOverall, I love Gdrive for the unlimited storage offering and easy sharing ability of your files to friends, family and colleagues. The cloud storage offering is second to none, which overrides some of the nuances such file syncing problems.
ProsI use Google Drive to store all my photos and files. All the files and folders gets uploaded on the backend; there is no need for a manual upload. Google drive's app allow searching for content easy and gives you access to the entire Gsuite in one place. If you have Google photos then there is no 'Cap' to the amount of photos you can upload. It lowers the quality to 'HD' but it is more than good enough compromise to have a free unlimited storage. I have been using Google Drive to back up all of my photos over a year all free of cost. I can also share files to my family and files very easily through any app or send an editable sharing link for collaborative work with your colleagues. Since it is also integrated with Gmail, you are able to save the email attachment directly from your Gmail to your Gdrive.
ConsGoogle Drive's Mac app is not as intuitive as their mobile apps. On PC desktop computers if you have set up a folder to sync it sometimes does not sync fully and therefore does not update any new files you load into that folder - this is a big issue if you are using it to sync work documents. On Mac, if you remove some files from your folder Google drive also removes those files from its system rendering the whole thing useless. Fortunately, this can be altered inside the setting but due to the app not being user friendly this information can get lost.
September 10, 2018
Alfredo M.
Gerente de Comunicaciones Internas
Telecommunications, 5001-10,000 employees
September 9, 2018

“Ally of my personal and professional life”

OverallI use Google Drive for many things. There I have put together documents of everything I need to have on hand both on the computer and on the smartphone. I use it mainly to distribute a weekly session of journalistic work, in which each journalist has topics assigned to write his news in the week. In this way, everyone can see the news that each person has and the transparency in the work can be seen. I also keep photos and videos that I want to keep forever. I send serial chapters and movies from Venezuela to my brother who is in Spain. It's great, I recommend it 100%.
ProsGoogle Drive, like all applications developed by Google, is an excellent option to solve everyday problems and make use of technologies to have an easier life. It is a tool that has enhanced the service that a cloud of storage on the Web normally offers. It allows you to save photos, save files in different formats, create files in the cloud to share with many people and everyone can edit them, as well as save large volume files of your emails and even create backup copies of your smartphones. Pros - It's an excellent cloud. - If you have developed a document in the tool and share it with other people you can see it and edit it at the same time as you. - You can upload heavy files and save them there to download them at any time or place. - All the information is synchronized with your smart devices and you have it available anywhere in the world.
Cons- If you do not protect your access password very well, you may lose information about your account. - If a document has several editors and some of them delete the information you can lose it forever. - If you want more storage you must subscribe to an expensive plan. - You always need Internet to navigate in this tool.
September 9, 2018
Austin B.
Freelance Web Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 8, 2018

“Google Drive - Collaboration made easy”

OverallI like the ability to have all my documents on the cloud. I don't have to worry about losing a document due to hard drive failure or deleting an document because it's always going to be online. Overall, I have to say even for a free software it's a complete bargain. You get most of the features of Word for free and it's entirely on the web browser. What's not to love about that? The only thing they can improve on in my eyes with Google Drive is if they added more flesh out options that could make Microsoft Word obsolete. I have to say overall my experience with Google Drive has been consistently positive and I will be using this software for many more years to come in both my academic and my future career.
ProsMy absolute favorite thing about Google Drive is the ability to collaborate with others. I have used Google Drive for my group assignments from middle school and all the way through to college. It has made group projects easy to keep track of and easy to share. I love how I can work on a word document, power point document or even an excel worksheet with anyone by simply sharing the link. It takes the hassle away from downloading programs because Google Drive is entirely online. I can access all my files from any device, any place, and any time. I don't even install word processor programs on my new devices anymore. I just use Google Drive because it's simple and it just works.
ConsMy biggest gripe about Google Drive is the lack of formatting and design options for things like Google docs and Google slides. The most accurate way to put it is that the programs are very bare bones. Most of the time you can get away with it but sometimes my professors require things to be formatted in such a way that Google docs and Google slides doesn't support. Google has added more functionality to google drive since it's release back in 2012, but if it wants to compete with Microsoft, they need to add more features that are in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint.
September 8, 2018
Nairoby D.
Consultor
Telecommunications, 5001-10,000 employees
September 5, 2018

“Collaborative tool to store information”

Overall- Something really wonderful is that Google Drive allows you to scan or take a picture of a text and convert it into an editable document, it is say, you do not have to rewrite the content. - I recommend with closed eyes to use Google Drive for the preparation of a thesis or special degree work, since you can return to an earlier version if you regret a change accomplished. - A functionality that has helped us at work, is in the creation of forms, which allow to design small simple or multiple selection surveys to make some decision important.
Pros- You only need to have a Gmail account, which until now is the best free email service that exists. - It can be synchronized with all devices within our reach: personal pc, pc or work laptop, tablet or mobile, either installed on the devices as an application or entering through a web browser. - Being able to synchronize with the devices mentioned above we only need access to the internet to enjoy your benefits. For the mobile application there is the possibility of configure the documents that are necessary to edit them without connection to Internet. - With internet access and device synchronization, we allows you to see the content stored in the cloud and the possibility of edit it and share it, the owner of the file is the one who selects who you can edit or not. - All kinds of information is stored, text files, sheets of calculation, presentations, music, video, images. - It works in a similar way to a version manager, so it becomes a collaborative tool, in which you can review the changes made by other people. - You can organize the content easily through folders. - If people are familiar with the use of mail, it will be very easy handling of the tool, currently has improved the usability of Google Drive, is more intuitive, in its beginnings maybe It was a bit more complicated to understand, but it has had its improvements, , especially when looking for content.
ConsThe main problem I find is that the available size of free storage is 15Gb, which seems like a lot of space, but it's shared with email (Gmail) and Google Photos for backup copies, users like me, that receives great number of daily mails and heavy content because it is little space. Of course it is possible to extend it but it already implies a cost additional that some of us can not cover. - By sharing a file or document and allowing it to be edited, we run the risk of losing it if by mistake the partner remove from the tool.
September 5, 2018
Accounting, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2018

“An Excellent Collaborative Tool. ”

OverallI've been using Google Drive for quite sometime now mainly for freeing up space on my hard drives and partially for creating and editing contents through Google Docs. With it's user-friendly Interface and quick access speed, it offers some excellent features at an affordable cost and hence, makes for a great collaborative productivity tool.
Pros- Free Storage: With 15 GB of generous free storage, it successfully fulfills it's primary objective of saving space and providing an easy backup for your computer and mobile devices hard drives. Storing and downloading the backup is relatively easy as compared to other cloud softwares out there. - Google Docs Integration: Google Drive isn't just about storage with it's integrated Google Docs, which is a web-based freeware office suite including Docs (word processor), Sheets (spreadsheet) and Slides (presentation) as it's companion apps and is great for producing varieties of contents. It provides almost real-time collaboration with others with it's options like suggested edits and comments. - Intuitive Interface: It's online design has improved radically over the last few years. The main page shows thumbnails of your recent documents in the middle, a menu of all your folders (shared files, photos, starred, trash, etc.) along the left trail and options for sharing, previewing, seeing information about a selected file, etc. on the right. Syncing the data is quick where you just have to add your files to the Sync folder on your file system and the files will be uploaded to the cloud depending on your network speed.
Cons- Security: If your privacy is your biggest concern, you should look for a more secured option as there's no end-to-end encryption on offer as well as Google collects data from your online activities for targeted ads. Thus, there's a threat to your data stored on the cloud. - Pricing: Although it offers a sweet range of plans when it comes to the price, there are better deals present out there like Sync.com. That being said, with all the features it offers, you get your money's worth.
August 29, 2018
Salil M.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
August 25, 2018

“Like most Google products...”

OverallWe use Drive for all collaboration and for a lot of content creation. We create policy documents, collaborate on ideas, create tests and forms, and generally use the heck out of Google Drive and its related applications (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides, etc). The Google business app ecosystem is incredibly powerful and user-friendly. It just works. It always works. It works so well you take it for granted. It works on desktop, it works on mobile. It works even better on ChromeOS. Google Sign-In is perhaps the greatest security boon for administration, too. If you disable one account, all related functionality that relies on Google Sign-In is also disabled for that user, so multiple platforms can be administered from one console / user login. If an employee leaves, you just disable their account and all their logins to all the applications that use Google Sign-In are also disabled. The permissions system is also good and getting better. It's very intuitive and works like it's supposed to. We've been using Google Apps for Enterprise for 10 years now, and have never regretted it.
ProsIt's easy to use, it's generous storage, and it allows you to forego up front licensing models of competitors like Microsoft Office in favor of a subscription "pay for what you use" model. We use Drive as a part of Google Apps for Enterprise, and I don't think you can diassociate those applications from Drive; they're bundled together. You either get all of them or none of them, basically, which is a plus or a minus, depending on your perspective. Also, it's a bit weird to review just Drive without taking those other things into consideration, but I'll try. Easily the most stable software platform we've ever subscribed to.
ConsCustomer support is always Google's weakest point. The company is congenitally against allowing customers to talk directly to support representatives, although it's definitely getting better about it lately. Access is entirely dependend on internet access. If Comcast or Verizon lets you down, uh...you're kind of hosed.
August 25, 2018
Paola P.
Guest Relations
Photography, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2018

“Super helpful tool for collaboration and information sharing”

OverallI work in a wedding photography company, and all calendars are synced between team members using Drive. I also have used it for presentations, safekeeping of documents, and reports.
ProsFor a couple of years now, I have been using Drive exclusively for sharing calendars and information with my team. The thing I like the best is that I can import information from one Google Drive sheet to another using a formula, which reduces my work by at least 50%. Also, it minimizes any chance of human error, as I only have to update one "mother" spreadsheet and I can have the information I input there duplicate in everyone's calendar so that they are always up to date. I love the autosave function too, which is why I rather work in Drive directly a lot of times than outside of it so that I can have my documents save automatically and sync between devices without doing anything. Lastly, finding documents of information within documents is very easy with Drive.
ConsApart from the obvious (that people can only use it if they have a Gmail account), I do have to watch my file size limit and I already had to upgrade once because I use it so often. I also think that pricing could be more convenient, but I guess that if I think about how many people are using the free version on my team without affecting my capability of sharing with them, it is fine. That's about it for the cons, I really find this a helpful tool and wish it could be used with other domains but I guess keeping it this way is what makes the most sense for Google.
August 21, 2018
Construction, 201-500 employees
August 14, 2018

“Google Drive like a Microsft Office with Cloud and Collaboration Built in for Free!!”

ProsGood Drive is an easy to use and convenient cloud storage platform. I have been using Google Drive with my personal and professional life for about 10 years now. The account will be tied to your Gmail and is easy to access from your email. I believe Google gives you 15 GB for free when you start using it and anything additional is pretty cheap. Google drive is convenient to have if you are using different devices to access files. I have it synced on my iPad, Android Phone, Laptop, and Desktop. It has specific apps for the mobile devices and even works with IOS. You can share files that might be too large to email by copying a link to it or inviting people to view and collaborate. Google Drive also has docs, sheets, and presenter built into the platform. So basically it is like an entire Microsoft office for free with cloud and collaboration in it. What more can you ask for? Google drive is also great for collaboration for 2 or more people. You can set permissions with individual people on read only or editing documents. Each file or directory can have its own collaborators. If you haven't used Google Drive than you are missing out and worth trying out.
ConsNothing bad about a free product that does virtually everything you might want from it. Google gives you free space by default and additional space is cheap. I suppose the only thing that might improve is advanced features on Doc and Sheets. Make it more intuitive and easier to use advanced functions in these two platforms.
August 14, 2018
Maegan A.
Financial/HR Manager
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2018

“Google Drive ”

OverallI work as a Financial Officer and use Drive almost on a daily basis. There are multiple reports that are (updated either by me or the other users with edit permission) used in our weekly meeting and the data needs to be accurate, current and in a single format and Drive has allowed us to make this happen. Before Drive, everyone would print out and bring their reports and we would spend time flipping back and forth between pages and it was not productive and easy to become frustrated. Now using Google Drive we go into our meeting knowing that we are prepared and are able to accomplish our goals more quickly and efficiently than ever before.
ProsThere is not just one thing I like most, so I have included several of my favorites: *Being able to upload files to Google Drive in a matter of seconds. *The ability to share documents with other people but with limits/permissions. For example, Tom needs some totals from my excel spreadsheet to include with his reports for management. When I share this file with Tom I give him permission to see the file, but not to make any changes or edit. *When you share a file, an email is sent to the person letting them know that a file has been shared with them and includes a direct link to that file. *Organization and search features are great and easy to navigate. You can create folders to keep files organized and if you are having trouble finding a file that someone has shared with you there is a filter that shows you all files that have been shared with you and by whom.
ConsTo be able to share and send files using Google Drive the recipient has to have a gmail email address. While many people do have a gmail account not everybody I correspond with has one.
August 9, 2018