8X8 Contact Center Ratings

Overall
4.1/5
3.5/5

About 8X8 Contact Center

Virtual Call Center is a rich, self-service cloud contact center that provides a flexible, affordable and efficient way to engage with customers with powerful inbound and outbound call features. Get your agents set up and dialing within minutes. Increase your productivity by swapping manual dialing with a predictive and progressive outbound dialer. Maximize your agents productivity with VCC's intelligent inbound call routing. Customers can be connected to the right agent every time. Learn more about 8X8 Contact Center

Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 26, 2019

“Good VOIP phone service, but support has turned to garbage and apps are laggy”

OverallSadly, after many years of use, I can't recommend it anymore due to the problems described above with support and their poorly-written apps. Their core technology is good though and it would be possible to return to good service and bring in some good talent to fix these issues, but who knows if that will happen. Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days?
ProsWe use desktop VOIP phones, the mobile app, and the desktop app. They offer a "call park" feature that other system don't, allowing a parked call to be picked up from any other phone in the office, as opposed to other systems where you only put a call on hold and can then only pick up from the same line. The call quality is good, regardless of which access method used.
ConsTERRIBLE support. Years ago, support was US-based, fast answer, easy to understand (native English), and always had the right answer. Reps used and knew the system. In the past years it has all shifted to Singapore where they are hard to understand, hardly understand your question, and don't seem to know the answer to anything without putting you on hold and going somewhere to look it up. Obviously a cheap off-shore call center. I tried their support chat last time and it was worse - on hold forever and huge delay between replies while they obviously worked other chats. The desktop app is pretty poor. They gave it a facelift, but its super slow to open and use - not sure what language they wrote it in. Half the time I use it to try to play back a voicemail, I have to hit the play button multiple times as it's unresponsive. The "new message" indicator never seems to clear. I use their web interface to play back call recordings for training. Most of the time they won't play through their antiquated web interface, giving only a spinning "wait" cursor. Instead, I have to select a batch to download as a ZIP file and play them locally. Even when the web interface does work, there's no area for taking notes or anything to attach to the recording for future reference. A colleague with a Mac can't even use the client anymore because it won't work on newer versions of macOS. Their support was unable to solve. He gave up. I can no longer recommend 8x8.
January 26, 2019
Cheryl L.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2016

“Why Broadband Phones for Offices?”

OverallWhy do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load. I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready? I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly. The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team. You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.
ProsThe 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!
ConsOur office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.
Recommendations to other buyersThis team will save your company time and money. They are well worth having them join your office and working with them continues to be a great joy!
October 17, 2016
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 18, 2019

“Quickly improving to be a solid calling tool”

Pros8x8 checks all the basic boxes. It's easy to use for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know the bells and whistles, but powerful enough to meet the needs to super users. Cross-platform functionality is good and the experience between desktop/mobile has recently been brought into alignment with updates 8x8 has made. The company clearly cares about it's customers too as they are happy to come onsite for training and driving user adoption.
ConsWhile the applications have drastically improved, a few small and large things annoy users. First, some of the interface screens still have not been updated to a high-definition visual, resulting in certain screens (like the login screen) leaving the application feeling out-dated and slightly disjointed. Second, and perhaps the biggest concern, is call quality can sometimes suffer, even with an excellent internet connection. If users experience a call breaking up, they are inclined to default back to personal phone lines and bypass 8x8 to ensure a solid call experience. This quickly erodes confidence that 8x8 can deliver a seamless call. To be fair, the call quality has been improving drastically and this issue plagues the mobile app less and less.
January 18, 2019
Joel H.
Technology Consultant
1-10 employees
August 16, 2018

“I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!”

OverallI work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.
Pros- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line - Get discounts the more lines you add - Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost - Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work - Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily - Very reliable servers and service - Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service - Port your existing numbers and add new ones
Cons- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor - If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts
August 16, 2018
Joel P.
Project Manager/Owner
Internet, Self-employed
November 7, 2017

“Simple to use phone system management”

OverallThe biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.
ProsThe visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.
ConsThis application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.
November 7, 2017
Brett S.
Account Executive
July 26, 2019

“Pros and Cons”

OverallNow that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.
ProsI like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.
ConsThe set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.
July 26, 2019
Keyana K.
Senior Administrator
April 10, 2018

“8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to clients.”

ProsWithout this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.
ConsThe desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.
April 10, 2018
Ganesh U.
Technical Recruiter
Management Consulting, 1001-5000 employees
August 18, 2018

“Best Communication Software”

Overallsmall UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.
ProsBest softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.
ConsThere aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging. When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software. When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version) These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage
August 18, 2018
Anthony "Tony" K.
December 10, 2016

“Best VoIP”

OverallWe have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.
ProsEase of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.
ConsI have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.
Recommendations to other buyersGet this system for cost savings, great staff, and ability to use and modify for your needs.
December 10, 2016
John P.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
June 28, 2016

“I'm a big fan of Virtual Office and here's why”

ProsVirtual office provides so much value for my company. At first, I thought it may be out of my price range but once I started it up and tried it out, I realized it's a steal for everything they offer. Not only does the Virtual Contact Center work as a medium between the customer and whoever can get to the phones at that time, it frees up so much of the middle-man work and the cost I would be spending on someone to be a greeter can go to more lucrative programs. The Contact Center sure is valuable, but the real value comes from the Virtual meetings office software. I say this because my team does a lot of off-site work as well as hiring freelancers for shorter jobs. Being able to meet with a whole room of people in any country and time-zone is so valuable for my business!
ConsLike I described in the top paragraph, I initially had doubts about the cost. These doubts were crushed when I saw all of the value that this product adds, however it could always be cheaper. The only other qualm I have is that it definitely seems to be more positioned to larger companies. I have a smaller business with fluctuating team sizes so Virtual Office isn't quite as agile as my team.
Recommendations to other buyersVirtual office provides a suite of valuable features for just about any business. But they do certain things very well for medium sized businesses. Make sure your business size and vision are aligned with the features that Virtual Office offers; if your are aligned then you'll have a great product, if you're not aligned, you'll still have a great product, but one you'll be paying too much for the features you need.
June 28, 2016
Swapnil T.
Software Architect
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
January 16, 2018

“Easy to set up and easy to use VOIP phone system”

OverallModernized our 8-year-old phone systems. Easy to use for the young crowd.
Pros1. Ease of setup of physical phones in the office 2. Cloud management and cloud access with adequate permissions to everyone 3. I love the Fax feature as we have to send out faxes to old-school customers and/or government agencies. This fax feature is similar to uploading documents in an email. 4. I love the voicemail to email feature too. When there are a lot of voicemails, instead of going through multiple messages serially, you can just open email to hear it on your phone or PC. 5. Their call forwarding feature is great too. When you are not on the phone, or when management is at some conference, they get their calls on their cell phones if needed.
Cons1. The phone ethernet line has to go through your PC. So every time you restart your PC/shutdown your PC, the phone restarts. 2. I had initial privacy concerns due to the line going through the PC. We agreed to it due to the reputation of the company.
January 16, 2018
Alicha K.
Manager of Customer Care - Post Install
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
December 8, 2016

“A perfect 10”

OverallI've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications, even when we're not in the office. This ability is absolutely invaluable to us. On top of this, as a manager I use the 8x8 reporting tools to show my leadership team how productive my agents are. Being able to show value in my department's work is invaluable to me as a leader. All in all, I am neither highly technical nor IT; but as an end user, I can truthfully say that I truly appreciate this company and its product. I and my team would not be able to do our jobs without it.
ProsEase of use; ease of access; remote access
ConsI have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app
Recommendations to other buyersNever be afraid to reach out - these guys are serious about taking care of their customers
December 8, 2016
Events Services, Unspecified
April 18, 2018

“Great for the price though a little clunky”

Overallall the benefits of a complex multi line phone system with none of the cost, maintenance or headache.
Pros8x8's Virtual office has made it easy to setup our own VOIP phone system without an in house IT guy. It allows us to have multiple lines, mailboxes and to customize our phone system to make it easier for both employees and our customers calling in. It is great that we can easily update extension number, greetings and voicemail messages on the fly. Also, the cell phone app and the ability to take my office extension on the go is wonderful.
ConsThe interface for desktop in particular seems old and outdated. It is not always easy to find what you need. The App for cell phone has vastly improved over the years and has become much easier to use, it would be nice to see the website follow suit.
April 18, 2018
Jahiezer I.
Desarrollador
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2018

“the ofice is any place in the world with this app”

ProsIt is very helpful, i work with people in diferents place in my contry and allover the world, with this app bussines not only become more eassier, also become more productive and successful. The UI make you want to married te app and the features that they provied you are just the one me and my team need
ConsThey have a lot to immproved in some OS like android or linux, in this OS the app go into bugs and some features stop working, things that do not happent in IOS, and the support center can not solve this issues. Another thing that is menor but still i think is a problem is the fac taht they shot down the fax feature, ok i understand that fax are becoming obsolet but when you work with people in diferents areas that tool is very time saver
June 27, 2018
Kimberly C.
Computer Software Support and Development
September 19, 2019

“8x8 Business Use”

OverallOverall, as long none of the 'cons' above are happening, it functions just fine!
Pros- I use the phone app for 8x8 so when I work remotely, I can take work calls. - I use the desktop application when I'm in the office to see who's on calls. - Pretty easy to change internal ring groups.
Cons- Frequently have to re-download the desktop application because it will start locking up, or showing co-workers on their phones, when they are not. - Frequently have to re-boot deskphone because 8x8 will show I have / don't have voicemails when I have / don't have any.
September 19, 2019
Insurance, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2019

“Best in class service, but they gouge you over time ”

ProsThe service is great, and the mobile app was best in class
ConsWe had outages more than other services and we they quietly hiked out prices overtime and it ended up as a rip off.
July 20, 2019
Hardik P.
Lead Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
August 23, 2019

“Virtual Mobile Phone and Best tool for NOC or ITO”

OverallWe have been using this software from past 10 months. We were using Bria and the application was hanging a lot and our NOC team was missing call which was not accepted. We switched to 8x8 and now number of drop calls has been reduced to extent.
ProsThe functionality on this software is same as mobile phone. Makes calling ease. Best android and ios application compare to other soft phones available in market.
ConsNothing major. The setup size of windows applications is very large, can be reduced. Because the Android and iOS application sizes are small.
August 23, 2019
Tatyanna B.
Office Administrative Assistant
Legal Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Very Convenient! ”

OverallOverall I love 8x8 I truly enjoy the conference calls, the fact I can arrange calls choose the host for other people not only myself! I arrange for my boss to have calls, I receive real time confirmation as to who accepts the invite to join her conference call as well! 8x8 is very convenient, when I hover over an employee's name I am able to tell if they are away, busy , or available. I am also supplied with extension and direct dial. I highly recommend this program, especially for businesses with multiple offices.
ProsI have caller ID on my computer when a call comes through. It offers the option to video chat. I am able to schedule calls for my director. The calls have the option to be recurring! Super Cool features!
ConsI do not like that the software rings my computer and my phone simultaneously. There probably is a feature to disable however. I also do not like that when I forward my calls, I do not have a caller Id to know that I am receiving a forwarded call from the office. However, again this could be user error and or my phone's setting. :)
kim a.
division manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Perfect Product for our needs”

OverallI would recommend them highly for businesses.
ProsAfter much research we went with 8x8. Their customer support and ease of use was the deciding factor. After getting everything was imported I had 90 days of unlimited support. They helped me set up the call flows and explained all the terminology that you need to know when going digital.
ConsWe wanted to add out on music on hold. as I have different music for different lines, after much searching by both myself ans support it was determined that the system does not allow for this.
February 8, 2019
Travis B.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2019

“8x8's technology is mediocre, the call quality poor, and it is significantly priced”

ProsI am a small business owner. I did extensive research into VoIP providers before selecting 8x8 for my business over three years ago. They had reasonable pricing at the time and offered a discount when I joined if I agreed to sign up for a 12-month term.
ConsTheir platform was not intuitive so the setup was painful. Eventually I was able to get the service up and running for my company. Immediately we noticed that the call quality was poor and unreliable. I had signed up to a 12-month term so we tried to make the most of it. As a new small business we were so busy trying to satisfy our customers that we didn't have time to search for a new VoIP provider anyway. We suffered through 8x8 for 3+ years. Over time my team started taking calls on their personal cell phone's instead of through the 8x8 computer / mobile app because 8x8's call quality was so unreliable. I did research and found a much more cost effective solution, which after testing also had better call quality and a more intuitive interface. When I tried to cancel my 8x8 services I was informed that because I had initially signed up for a 12 month term that I would be required to pay for over 6 months of remaining service even if I canceled and transfered the numbers. The services is so horrible that it was worth the ransom to leave 8x8. If you are a small business owner stay away!
January 25, 2019
Machinery, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2018

“Easy to use”

OverallWe use Virtual Office daily with great satisfaction. Another plus is also being able to use a cell phone to receive calls. We are not always at our desk so if we are not, it will ring at our desk and then forward to our cell phone which is a huge plus if we are waiting on a very important call!
ProsI like how easy it is to log onto 8 x 8 website and switch over our company messages under the auto attendant. It is also easy to add and/or subtract people from ring groups. There is also a nice selection of hold music to pick from! I never even thought about the hold music but we do have a lot of customers compliment us on the good hold music.
ConsWe are having issues with our main receptionist not receiving incoming calls, the phone will ring once for her and then goes on to the next person in line to receive calls. We are working with customer service to fix this issue but no solution yet.
September 12, 2018
Scott S.
Owner Operator
Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees
January 3, 2019

“Great”

ProsI help to set this up for my partners work. I've had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is Sada lightin I help to set this up for my partners work. I've had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is working from here and was super easy. Extremely reliable we've never had down time dropped or missed calls. I actually haven't had to access customer service at all.
ConsI actually don't have any cons. And I have nothing to report from their office as a con. I don't for see any problems at the moment, maybe it's because that we run a small office of less than 30 people?
January 3, 2019
Ronda C.
Executive Assistant
Market Research, 1-10 employees
October 30, 2018

“Almost there”

OverallWe are a small, mostly mobile company, so the ability to be seen as a cohesive unit is a great value proposition for us. Be warned to know when your anniversary date on your contract is, they will roll it over without warning and you cannot change it until the anniversary date.
ProsThe option for our associates to work from anywhere and seem to the client like they are at the office is key and is one of the BEST features about this software.
ConsThe setup is relatively easy, but the costs associated are not easily communicated to the business.
October 30, 2018
Angela K.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2018

“Decent Service, Terrible Customer Service”

OverallIt's pretty sad when the call center you contact for service can't get in touch with your account rep or his supervisor for over a week.
ProsDecent service for internet calling. Web application is fairly easy to navigate unless you're looking for customer service or tech support.
ConsCustomer service/tech support department don't communicate with each other and so one doesn't know what the other is doing or has done. Sales Rep/Account Manager is very, very hard to get in touch with but that is who I am always directed to call...
September 26, 2018
jarmi i.
Asociado de marketing
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 30, 2018

“get in touch with all coworkers and clients faster than ever”

ProsBefore i started to use this app i haved a slow perfomance when i try to keeped in touch with my team becouse we live in diferent areas, but when we find this app, things change, now we can keep in touch all the time any moment, just like we were together. the software run on multiple plataforms so we dont have to adap to the software. The tools to integrate all the team members in one screen, i love it
Consthe price is a little to hig for smalls bussines. Altough works in multiple plataforms, the perfomance tends to change depends on wich system you are, for example: In iOS system works great but in Android divices some times get bugged
June 30, 2018
Ivan C.
Founder and Director of Business Development
January 18, 2018

“We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail”

Overallvirtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.
ProsI like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.
ConsThe price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.
January 18, 2018
Alex T.
GM
Automotive, 1-10 employees
May 16, 2017

“Love it! Have been using the software for 4+ Years!”

OverallBest VOIP phone system, free e fax, call record, meeting, etc. We use this daily in our dealership where we receive 50+ inbound phone calls per day to 4 phone lines.
ProsEasy to use, easy to install, the Customer Service reps are Great! It is priced competitively compared to most of the competition.
ConsDuring the initial set up there were a few bucks during the installation that we did on a weekend. Unfortunately, there were not customer support reps to help on a Sunday. Not sure if that has changed, but when else would you install a new phone system!??
May 16, 2017
Adam D.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Medical Devices, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2019

“Flawed, but not terrible”

OverallIt's been ok. Gets the job done. Has its issues, but not a bad platform overall.
ProsUser interface is fairly intuitive. It's really easy to use instant messaging, access voicemail, and find contacts. The instant messaging feature is probably the best tool 8x8 Virtual Office has to offer.
ConsIt's very buggy. There will be times where it says I have unread messages when my mailbox is clear. It also crashes on me a lot. These are annoying issues, but they could also be much worse.
August 22, 2019
Michele W.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Computer Hardware, 201-500 employees
February 15, 2018

“Easy to use!”

ProsThis software is very easy to use on my laptop of mobile phone. We collaborate a lot with international offices and 8x8 makes it really easy to call internationally from my phone or laptop. They also send voicemails directly to your email, which is a nice feature for people who work remotely.
ConsEvery once in a while it crashes and I have to restart the app. Also, sometimes it hangs when I try to shutdown my Mac so I have to force-quit to turn my laptop off.
February 15, 2018
Vince K.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2017

“Very happy with 8x8”

OverallWe have been very happy with 8x8. We serve clients that use lots of other VoIP options and we get to see inside when we provide service...and what I see makes me like 8x8 even more. 8x8 has proven to be very reliable. The call quality is great and managing our settings is super simple. I have referred 8x8 to several of our customers that have also grown to love it.
ProsGreat call quality. Easy to use. Overall good value.
ConsCan't upload your own custom voicemail greeting via the user portal. You have to send it though their customer service department, but it's usually pretty quick.
January 24, 2017
Danny F.
Manager of Network Operations
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
December 15, 2016

“Cloud based PBX and contact center.”

OverallOur company recently moved from an on-prem system to 8x8 as a full cloud based solution for phone services. We were able to move all our services, and port over all our numbers with no impact to our clients.
ProsFlexibility and mobility of deployment anywhere. Single dashboard to report on usage per user or per line Compatible with our existing phones Mobile App
ConsThe PBX solution is very easy to use and convenient. The contact center while its easy to use it is managed through a web browser. This took a new learning curve for our staff to get used to and be able to properly use the system.
Recommendations to other buyers8x8 fits the bill for a lot of companies that require phones to perform the daily tasks and business. However for some companies it does not make sense to hire dedicated staff to manage and maintain these systems. 8x8 Will take care of that management so you only have to worry about what is important to your organization. I would recommend to do a full POC on the contact center part of 8x8 to understand the features and benefits. For standard PBX this system has everything that we had before plus more.
December 15, 2016
Bethany T.
Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
July 27, 2018

“We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8”

OverallNot the worst but not the best phone system
ProsIt has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.
ConsOur company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.
July 27, 2018
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
June 19, 2018

“Decent communications suite for in-office and remote users”

ProsOverall, Virtual Office is easy to use with a nice set of tools. The mobile application allows for calls to be taken seamlessly on the go. Meetings and conference bridges can be configured quickly and there are available browser extensions that extend the features.
ConsThe virtual meeting has improved since it's introduction, but it is cumbersome to use when compared with similar online meeting offerings.
June 19, 2018
Keegan W.
Caregiver
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
April 27, 2017

“Good, but cumbersome and under-supported”

Pros- The ability to fax electronically. Being able to have updates emailed in about received faxes come was helpful for my HR team and having faxes come in as .PDF's made them much more malleable with our paperless systems.
Cons- I have had numerous people comment on the horrible audio quality while talking over the mobile app (Android). - The limit of one account in the organization with the ability to fax was highly annoying. It limited the potential for the application in our use (Windows). - The GUI could have been organized more intuitively. It always seemed more complicated to change Forwarding settings than it needed to be to get the set up I needed (which was complex, but not the reason for the problems I was experiencing). (Windows and Android)
April 27, 2017
Roger F.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
October 16, 2015

“How Virtual Office by 8x8 is helping our business”

ProsTo start with vendor, we have used 8x8 since 2007 and they have always been helpful in sales and, occasionally, technical support. The product is reliable, performs well and is fairly priced. When we have experienced a problem, it has almost always been our fault and 8x8 has helped fix it promptly. I spend a lot of time in the UK and the Virtual Office by 8x8 helps keep me in touch with our US headquarters and clients in both countries - and saves me a fortune on cell phone charges. I no longer worry about call duration, or if a call is costing more than it is worth to our business.
ConsI can't think of a response to this question.
Recommendations to other buyersOnly to consider 8x8 and compare it with the second best you can find in the market. Lots of companies approach us wanting us to use their technologies, but they tend not to offer the level of support we get - on the few occasions we need it.
October 16, 2015
Christopher L.
Practice Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2019

“Very difficult to use!”

Pros8x8 was referred to me by our IT person and the switch went great. The team that connected us and got everything set up was really good at everything they did. Maybe a little more training would have helped. There price is great however since I always had to reach out to my IT to work within the interface I can't say much money was saved.
ConsThis software is so extremely packed with different items to choose from and to maneuver around within the system to make any changes is definitely challenging. I wanted to simply forward to phones one weekend which should be an easy process but it involved so many steps that I had to get our IT involved which in turn cost us money of course.
May 2, 2019
Dan O.
CEO / CTO
September 11, 2018

“Useful Product, but Suffers from QA Issues”

OverallUseful product that could use some additional QA TLC
ProsVirtual Office includes a good number of features and options to link in to my phone, such as online chat, messaging, VM, Fax, and in-app meeting invites. The product is getting some attention from the dev staff in-house and new features are being rolled out at a reasonable pace.
ConsThere is a disparity between the "Classic" version and "New Look" in which features disappear from one to other. So you need to choose between a full featured app with an old clunky UI or a slick UI with limited features. We also suffer from frequent disconnects from the messaging service. As a result, we would often receive messages sent a day or more earlier.
September 11, 2018
Jerred H.
Managing Director
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2018

“Overall great product with great features ”

OverallIt's easy to use and solid product for the price. Great for business!
ProsI like the mobility of the product. As long as you have high speed internet, you can work remotely. I also text a lot through the system that works great.
ConsI dislike answering calls via my cell. Certainly needs work in this area of the product and I have never had a super clear call. lots of delay and breaking up.
July 24, 2018
Filip T.
COO
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“Using 8x8”

ProsVery versatile platform and features that are just perfect for a start-up or existing business. I've used the mobile app overseas without any issues and I'd highly recommend them.
Conssometimes (and it did happen) the phones that we've ordered failed within several months but they were replaced promptly. It's worth to invest in a better phone.
October 16, 2018
John P.
CS Team Lead
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2018

“program freezes often”

OverallTeam members are able to accept/transfer calls. Having the queue system helps with work flow.
ProsThe UI is fairly easy to navigate. Also, the reporting and monitoring features come in handy for data collection and analysis.
ConsThe program freezes quite frequently. Team members are forced to restart the program on an almost daily basis, which ends up wasting a fair amount of time.
June 12, 2018
John C.
Business Development
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
April 22, 2019

“8x8 Review”

OverallI enjoyed using this in the office and liked how it would integrate with my salesforce to have one place to use
ProsI liked the fact that the interface is able to have it's own window, which makes it easy to see all of your text messages and phone calls, and rolodex
ConsThe one thing that bothered me was how much it crashed. I feel like a lot of times, it would crash when I needed it to work, and then I would have to sign back in. I also hated how you'd have to change your password so many times
April 22, 2019
Kurt J.
Database and Process Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
April 3, 2019

“I hope you speak Filipino or Tagalog.”

OverallVery poor service. Their call center is based in the Philippines and a huge language/sentence structure barrier exists. Every level o support you are transferred to you have to explain yourself multiple multiple times. It is exhaustive and a giant time vacuum. Their administration dashboard is very easy to navigate, but there are 2 to 3 different administration portals that you can access for reporting or analytics, but they contradict. It is almost impossible to figure out individual rep information and the logic in what they display is tied to useless information or information that leads the viewer down the wrong path and can cause a lot of confusion. There is minimal to no support for Mac OS users (we use both Mac and PC) and the versions don't talk to each-other. So our Mac users can not communicate via their chat-ap with our PC users. Overall, its system 'works', but God forbid if anything breaks or you need to expand or anything more complicated than a basic phone ring group needs to be set up. Be prepared to set aside an afternoon at minimum to try and accomplish anything.
ProsResponse time from support is quick. Online self service portal is a good source of info as well.
ConsSupport language barrier, limited or no Mac OS support, Overly complex reporting features and analytics.
April 3, 2019
Jessica C.
Client Support
June 11, 2018

“Good for working from home”

ProsI like that I can easily use 8x8 Virtual Office from my cell phone when I am working from home. It is easy to download and use the app.
ConsI do not like that 8x8 has so many glitches. Sometimes our whle department can't use the phone. Also it does not notify us when our mailbox is getting too full to take messages.
June 11, 2018
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2018

“Fantastic!!!!”

ProsWe switched to 8x8 almost 3 years ago and it has been an amazing solution for our ever growing company.
ConsI honestly do not have anything negative to say about 8x8. If there was one thing I could comment on it would be the price of their phones. Some of their competitors offer the phones for free when you add an additional line.
April 19, 2018
Analise M.
Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2017

“Mobile App is very Glitchy”

ProsWe use 8x8 for our office and we typically don't experience issues with our in office phones. The service is pretty reliable for in office phones.
ConsThe mobile app is SO glitchy. There is a large delay from when a call is received in office versus when it starts ringing from the mobile app. It causes a lot of our calls to be missed. Sometimes, the app won't open fully in order for us to hit the answer button. It will freeze a lot and requires a lot of forcing close and reopening the app so it will function properly.
May 24, 2017
Lisa J.
July 25, 2018

“VoIP business solution”

ProsWorks well for enterprise environments. Many features with low overhead. Easy to navigate menus and easy to manager settings.
ConsCan be sketchy when cloud servers go down. Find that support for this product is sometimes difficult. Frequent updates can cause more issues than they fix.
July 25, 2018
Jim M.
Director Of Data Services
51-200 employees
January 21, 2018

“Great solution for telecommuting”

ProsFull featured. Great sound quality on laptop mic and speakers. Appears to inbound and outbound parties that you are at your desk. Same phone number with an internet connection.
ConsA little on the finicky side. Little things like password/username requirements, and occasionally challenging configuration.
January 21, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 29, 2019

“Great product, but only if you have less than 50 employees”

OverallAs we grew, 8x8 just wasn't a viable option for us any more. The call quality wasn't reliable enough.
ProsI liked the UX of their desktop and mobile apps. it was really easy to use. integrated well with Salesforce as well.
Conscall quality was always horrible. Got a little glitchy as well.
May 29, 2019
Daniel W.
Talent Advocate (DevOps)
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

“8 x 8 ”

ProsI like 8 x 8 for the fact that it is easy to use. Makes calling people very easy as well as texting very simple. Plus you can keep your privacy and have all the messages in one place.
ConsThis software honestly crashes quite a bit on my Mac set up and can cause some issues with connectivity. I don't know if it is the application that is doing it or the VoiP having issues with it however it does not work 100%.
Ashley G.
Accountant
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2018

“Easy and Cheap”

ProsThe online app is so easy to use, everything that is needed is in one place, fax and call quality are unmatched for the price
ConsSometimes the call centers has issues and don't know how to solve problems that arise, some call center employees don't know how to fix all problems
April 11, 2018