OptimoRoute Ratings

Overall

About OptimoRoute

Our cloud-based software helps companies plan efficient routes and schedules for delivery drivers and service technicians. The benefits of using OptimoRoute include: 15-25% increase in efficiency (more orders serviced as a result of efficient routes with less driving time), reduction in mileage, ability to allocate resources using set rules that are based on the strategic priorities of the business, visibility into the situation in the field and faster planning and re-planning. Learn more about OptimoRoute

Mark B.
Delivery Driver
Logistics and Supply Chain, Self-employed
April 15, 2019

“Simply the BEST”

OverallSo you might have guessed I'm a little impressed with this software. I have been using route4me mobile for the last 3 weeks and it was adequate, but lacked. You CANNOT upload an address it does not recognize and as I previously mentioned "geotag". This simple ability, not to mention their generous 30 day trial (not 3) and the fair pricing led me to purchase a years subscription before I even used the software live on my route. I had a question about some routing so I emailed support on a Sunday and had a response within the hour. If you are on the fence about routing software, belive me this is the one. Don't even try anything else, unless you like giant pains in your butt or losing your hair from frustration!
ProsFirst and foremost what I like the best is the pricing. I know that seems like a shallow response but I have not been able to find a comparable route planner that realizes I am only one person, not a fleet, and offers me a reasonable price for their service. Other benefits are the address matching function, it is much better than the programs I have been using. Better yet, if the program does not recognize an address in my upload lists it will proc a geotag I can move to where I want the address located. I work in a rural area and this is probably the most amazing ability I have found. Want it to be better?? It saves the name of the location in your active address book and will pull it up the next time eliminating future corrections. The fact that the computational process is all done on their servers means I can run the webservice on a very basic machine I feel safe leaving in my vehicle for this service. The mobile phone app is so simple, yet elegant in its design it boggles my mind. No heavy features to get in the way just simple functionality. The GPS tracking in real time is also quite accurate. The fact I can just push a route to my mobile from the Web service is outstanding. There are a host of other commonalities that this shares with other services like "in delivery" and "complete" functions.
ConsOK, so I cannot ramble on about the service and not have something a little clunky about it so here it is... updating "live" delivery lists is a bit un-possible, I say un-possible because it is not impossible but the work around is a little bit of a PITA. The inability to have more than one "depot" at a time is a personally unique challenge seeing as I do an in and out run, but I just do my afternoon in reverse.... hardly the end of the world. That's the worst I have to say about it =)

By OptimoRoute on May 13, 2019
Hey, Mark. It's great to hear we checked so many of your boxes right off the bat. Email us at support@optimoroute.com so we can help make the "un-possible" a bit easier!
April 15, 2019
Pablo S.
Retired
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Worth more than the subscription price”

OverallI'm doing snow removal from a set of static locations. I am completely unfamiliar with all the streets and these locations. OptimoRoute is my wingman. It reduces my overall driving time, which translates to fuel and maintenance reduction costs.
ProsI am a recently retired computer geek. I have done a lot of work solving problems for clients. In my retirement I decided, among other things, to drive a snow plow. :) I was handed a textual description of my route and told to get started. With my background (Computer Science degree), I realized that optimizing the route is a typical 'Traveling Salesman' problem. It is *extremely* difficult to solve. Before my retirement, one of the many things I would do is analyze software solutions for customers. I employed the same technique to find 'delivery route optimization' packages. I looked at many and found OptimoRoute to be 'best of class.' o I can easily import a set of 'orders' (stops in my case). o I can pre-assign the 'orders' to drivers and do it quickly. o Based on my knowledge of the route, I can fine-tune the optimized route. o The Android is map-agonistic. It uses my device's default mapping tool. In my case, due to lack of coverage and no data, I use Google Maps in Offline mode. o Once a route is created, I do not have to re-gen it, I can copy it from day to day. This way a driver can memorize the route. o The Support staff will actually call you to help you out. I don't think this is sustainable though. ;) Yet, this is pretty amazing. o The pricing is extremely reasonable for a small (or even large) business. o They're smart to push the optimization (which is seriously CPU intensive) to a server. As an engineer, this is an at-scale solution.
ConsWith any complicated software, there will always be room for improvement: o The Online Help has some outdated examples, typos and is trailing the current feature-set. I don't think it's a big deal because they make it up with the stellar Support. But it will need to be addressed. o The Android app should be enhanced so it can work in Nougat+ split-screen mode: Google Maps in one half of the screen / Android app in the other o The text box when opening up a Support call does not resize - yeah, a minor issue but hey, if I'm picking on this minor issue, we know the software doesn't have major problems right???

By OptimoRoute on March 15, 2019
Hey Pablo! Love being your wingman! We so appreciate the feedback and we're super glad to hear your transition to professional snowplow driver that much easier!
February 7, 2019
James F.
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
December 11, 2018

“Small company using sofware”

OverallAll in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.
ProsWe signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail. *Easy to set up *Easy to use once you get the hang of it *Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to. *Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work. *Mobile app for drivers *Online only which is fine with me *Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.
Cons*Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries. *They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience. *Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route. *No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products. Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss. Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...
Ann S.
Dispatch Supervisor
Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees
September 20, 2019

“Great choice for growing companies”

OverallWe have very busy scheduled and demanding customers. Using routing software has made the job a lot easier and saves us hours of time each week since we no longer live in spreadsheets.
ProsOptimoRoute is really easy to get started on. The interface makes sense and people on our team were able to figure it out and begin using it very quickly. It has really streamlined our processes and allows us to make changes to our busy routes on the fly. For the cost, it includes a multitude of constraints and optimization/planning tools. It's great that it's able to distribute orders based on truck size and driver skills. Since the monthly payment is based on the amount of drivers, the software will grow with us and that's exactly what we needed.
ConsThere are a few features that are missing that I hope will be added soon. There is no easy way to set up customer notifications that we've been able to find, though customer notifications are listed as a feature. Adding the ability for drivers to add a note along with their order status update would be indispensable. The ability to save multiple depots and create one-way routes between them would make the software more usable for companies like ours who are growing extremely rapidly and have multiple locations.
Dan D.
Business Owner
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 8, 2019

“Valuable asset for my company”

OverallWe are a service company and use OptimoRoute on a daily basis to plan and execute runs for our service vehicles. Benefits we have gained are: Enhanced visibility and more accurate planning of daily runs. Ability to provide more accurate ETAs and more easily plan jobs with specific time window requirements. Cost savings from more efficient runs.
ProsThe software is easy to use, easy to set up for use with out existing software, the route planning is very reliable - cost savings from efficient route mapping, Reliable - have had no interruptions to use or crashes, support team is very responsive and helpful.
ConsSoftware update notifications - I can't recall seeing any emails or notifications within the software to advise the user when there have been new features or improvements made to the software. I've noticed some changes such as the option to send routes at a specific time instead of straight away. It would be good to be given a list of patch/update changes to see if there is something new available that might be useful.
September 8, 2019
Monica B.
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“Well-Designed Flexible Routing System that is a Joy to Use!”

OverallThe OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and will easily expand with our business as we grow. We have been impressed by the system's flexibility with access to a mobile application. The customer service at initial setup was excellent and I haven't needed it since! I am also encouraged that new and valuable features have been added since we began using OptimoRoute, which reflects dedication to continuous improvement in the product.
ProsEase of use, specifically the ability to copy customer orders/routes as well as upload them using Excel. Flexibility of routing settings, planning and desktop/mobile application display. The accompanying mobile application is exceptionally stable and easy to use for our technicians. Live service schedule with status. Email notification of arrival feature will be useful for customer communication.
ConsWish List - We need additional custom fields to be able to display multiple services within the mobile application (only 5, could use 10). Mobile application does not capture actual start time when technician starts the day by logging in On Duty, which could assist in timekeeping and reduce the need for an additional service. Must log in to send routes to the mobile application daily rather than being able to schedule to send weekly. Currently there is no customer signature capture through the mobile application. Would like to see analytics reports with more detail/display choices instead of basic bar graphs and be able to export all reports.
JEFF S.
Support Services Mgr
Facilities Services, 201-500 employees
March 12, 2019

“OptimoRoute review - One year later”

OverallThe folks at Optimo are passionate about their product and it shows in their ability to effectively respond to our specific business needs. Up until now, we've never been able to find an off the shelf product capable of managing our specific logistic requirements and Optimo has done an outstanding job in tailoring OptimoRoute to meet every one of these requirements.
ProsOptimoRoute has proven to be a very versatile platform for our logistics department. The software accommodates all of our time, date and licensing constraints which was critical for our business needs. In addition to effectively managing our constraints, Optimo also manages the large volume of orders/routes we process every month. Another feature we have found to be beneficial is Optimo's ease of use. The UI is very well thought out and users can begin creating routes with very little need for tutorials.
ConsNothing specific comes to mind although some enhancements to the multi-user functionality are something we are looking forward to and are forth coming.

By OptimoRoute on March 20, 2019
Awesome to hear, Jeff! User feedback helps us develop new and amazing features, and your feedback always helps tremendously.
Joe C.
Director Report Writing Services
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
January 16, 2019

“Everything we needed, big time saver”

OverallI run a charity "Christmas Tree Pickup" each January. 800 pickups on three Saturdays, maximum of 6 trucks. Previous method of routing involved home grown JavaScript utility to make the routes, imported into Delorme software to produce maps, directions, and then somewhat manual process to load custom points of interest into Garmins for the trucks. Optimoroute let us load the stops into their web based application, route automatically across our number of trucks, including a return to depot so that the trucks could unload per every 28 trees. Routes sent to smart phone per truck worked great. The application saved me many hours of semi-automated route creation, map printing, and pickup sheet printing. Having navigation and an order list on smart phone per truck was excellent, as was the ability to track progress of trucks. We did not use the tracking feature where we would email customers. We already had an automated "put your tree out" and "thank you" build in our reservation database via an Active X control and some VBA programming in Access. A way to configure a pickup sheet out of the fields in the software, rather than exporting Excel sheet and then pruning and formatting would be nice. I will write a Crystal Report to reformat the spreadsheet data instead to save time.
ProsPre sales support, including an extended 1:1 demo/training was excellent. Speedy and intuitive web application, combined with nice phone application for drivers that provides them with an order list and navigation to each stop. Ability to add stops to routes in process and resent to the trucks is very nice. Real time tracking of progress of all trucks also very helpful.
ConsIt would be helpful if all the fields in the import spreadsheet flowed in and then back out in the "all data" export. I had to use two of five custom fields to get the street and number imported as separate fields so I could then create an "all stops" spreadsheet sorted by street. Otherwise you just have street and number as one field (that is what Optimoroute needs for locating) and that does not sort. Also

By OptimoRoute on March 19, 2019
Hey Joe! We love stories like yours. Wonderful to hear we saved you so much time for a good cause! We are working on customizable exports. Something to look forward to next holiday season.
January 16, 2019
Matt F.
Business Systems Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees

“Great Routing Software”

OverallThe customer service has been great. We initially had an issue that we needed solved with same side of street service an no u-turns. OptimoRoute was able to add this functionality pretty quickly so that we could see it in action before making a full buying decision.
ProsEase of use and functionality. It has the ability to scale with the size of your organization. We were drawn to it because of the ability to assign "skills" to drivers. This allowed up to split up our fleet according to their specialty.
ConsThe price. It is on the higher end of routing software that we looked at, but with the included features and excellent customer service, it has worked out well for us.
Jerry Z.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“For those who needs it, it definitely works”

OverallThe software works, although it is quite expensive for small business like us, we really hope that there are pricing plan for small business like us who has lower volume shipment but needs multiple drivers.
ProsAble to automatically route multiple drivers, persistent software updates, when it comes to questions, the support team does get back to us fairly quickly.
ConsThere are some small glitches, for example, our "depot" was always printed out as "New York, NY", although these can be fixed by contacting the support team, it was a bit annoying. But regarding the "Route Balancing" function, it is a weird one as sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Thanks Jerry, we value your comments! So glad we've helped your team be more efficient and you like our speedy support. Every day we're working to improve results and make usage more intuitive. Keep an eye out for further updates!
Cathy H.
Retail, 1-10 employees

“User Friendly”

OverallBased on the basics of what I need to accomplish with the program, it works great! I am very happy with it and would recommend it if ever asked
ProsI like that it is easy to use and routes are created quickly. I like the fact that you can have more than one vehicle routed at a time and that you can export the route to the driver if need be. I like that you can have more than 21 stops per vehicle without having to create a new route. I have not utilized the program to its full capacity as of yet.
ConsThat when you add an address and you want to copy and paste it into the name field it it tends to default back to the location section causing you to enter the location twice on the line. That you actually have to download the trip info to retrieve times etc. That sometimes it give you wacky driving times and if you reference the two driving destinations with google maps, you get different times. Although, traffic may be the indicator here.. not sure.
GC V.
FUNDRAISER LEADER
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“OptimoRoute has saved us tremendous time!!!”

OverallI mentioned many of my experiences in the above comments but this software has allowed us to streamline our fundraising goals. We are all volunteers and often times spent many hours in helping to organize our routes, drivers and deliveries. This software has taken the hassle out of the equation. I actually look forward to the delivery days knowing that I have access to this sofware.
ProsThe ease of use, accessibility and the features that the software has to offer. We are able to easily copy previous routes, add/edit the drivers and quickly add new orders. This allows us to update the system in real-time allowing us to be very efficient. The delivery addresses are color coordinated by driver, so I can manually visualize the routes and make changes if and when necessary. I also love the ability to enter specific times that each delivery may take. This allows me to assign routes based on the required time for each driver. In the past, the routes were split up into addresses and equally assigned. However, some deliveries require additional time. This is an amazing piece of software that we are extremely happy to incorporate into our fundraiser drive.
ConsI'm not sure that there is anything about the software that I dislike.
September 10, 2019
Joseph P.
Field services manager
Legal Services, 1-10 employees

“Optimoroute”

OverallOptimoroute performs the role of allocating 50-150 destinations for a driver in a day in a simple and easy way for the person allocating the route and then sending to the driver.
ProsProgram is direct and does not include unnecessary functions for our use. Able to calculate the route at a high speed.
ConsWould love that when you send an email of the route to the driver it would attach a picture/graphic of the route that is to be driven. So they can refer back to the email just to see a snapshot of the following stops.

By OptimoRoute on January 9, 2019
Thanks, Joseph! Have you checked out our mobile app? It works similarly to email (though direct to the drivers phone) and gives them a complete map overview. At any point during their route, they can refer to that map to see what direction they are going, which orders are done, and which are left.
Kam T.
director
Retail, 11-50 employees

“Game Changer”

ProsThe best part about this software is that it works. It does exactly what we need it to do, very happy with this tool.
ConsWaiting on features like sms to client notification, and customer signatures.
Philippe P.
Directeur des opérations
Building Materials, 201-500 employees

“Easy to use ”

OverallIt radically changed the way we plan our deliveries. Easier for everyone, fast to get information for all as to WHERE our tucks are.
ProsEase of use, very little training needed. One can be up and running in less then an hour. Nice to be able to track the trucks live and to see the history vs the planned schedule
ConsDoesn't take into account the actual traffic. If you let the system plan your routes, the drivers will get mad. Can't link a document to the delivery lines so the drivers can't have the clients confirm the deliveries.
Elaine P.
Routing Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“Great features compared to other routing software, but I don't use full functionality”

ProsI really appreciate the ability to balance or not balance routes by volume or working time, as well as the ability to set a duration per stop. I also like the visual timeline representation per route and the ability to set a volume limit per truck. I do not use the gps tracking capability for drivers so I am not able to provide details about that functionality.
ConsI do not like that you cannot customize the information needed when you export routes for printing in excel. I also have not found a way to add bulk information, such as Time Window, to all orders in a day. As far as I know, if you are importing information from a file (such as .csv) and that file does not have Time Window included, you have to go back and add that information per order. If OptimoRoute does have this option, it is not intuitive. Again, I have not used the gps functionality so I have no feedback for that aspect.

By OptimoRoute on February 5, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Elaine! We wanted you to know that bulk editing time windows is now available! Check it out and tell us what you think.
David B.
Distribution Manager

“Optimo Route Usage”

OverallCustomer support was prompt and very helpful, and now it's been very stable and useable. Waiting for some additional features and better transparency/tuning options for route creation, but overall very happy. Excellent value for the money - and the existing feature set is still as good as or better than most of the others we looked at.
ProsSoftware provides powerful routing that does everything we need - full weekly planning with the ability to to manage multiple vehicles.
ConsLearning curve is a little bit steep and there are a few counterintuitive user interface things that bit us before we got used to it.
Glenn R.
Home Inspector
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“The best route planning software I have ever used!”

OverallI am able to quickly and efficiently route dozens of work locations for the day. I can specify a time window for individual stops if I want to. I can start and stop at the same location, different locations, whatever I need to do. I spend far less time route planning now than before I used Optimoroute.
ProsLearning curve is very short. I simply import my list of stops for the day and the software does the rest.
ConsSo far the only problems I have encountered were of my own making.

By OptimoRoute on March 19, 2019
This is great news Glenn! We hope less time working means more time playing!! :D
wittney p.
Payroll Coordinator
Warehousing, 51-200 employees

“Optiimo ”

ProsIt allows us as a company to use it to delivery product around the metro area. It is easy to use and reliable
ConsThat I can not add stores without deleting all store and re adding them. I don't like that the store do not have access to track the truck or that we cant change the times without having to resend the route to the driver

By OptimoRoute on March 19, 2019
Hi Wittney. We're glad to hear that we have been such a reliable tool for your deliveries. Our new Customer notification feature now allows you to send an email to each store so they can track their deliveries, including real-time update ETA's. Contact us at support@optimoroute.com for help setting this up.
Randy G.
Owner/ President
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

“OptimoRoute Review”

OverallI thought I always did a decent job of keeping my routes in the same areas but didnt realize how much mileage I can save by having the software route the jobs.
ProsRouting jobs makes us more efficient and saves us time and gas. The technical support has been the best especially during the initial setup.
ConsWe have a wide variety of jobs so it is hard to account for all the different jobs/times.

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Great to hear OptimoRoute has helped with efficiency improvements! We'd love to hear more about your vision for different display of jobs/times. Listening to our customers is how we continue to develop a tool that is relevant to them. Feel free to email us at support@optimoroute.com
Katie S.
December 16, 2018

“OptimoRoute has changed our business for the better!”

OverallAmazing
ProsThey are always willing to change up software when our business is in need of something.
ConsFor a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Thanks Katie! We're all about bigger, better, faster, so it's great to hear we've helped you and your business with our improvements. Hooray!
December 16, 2018
Jeff F.
Warehouse Manager
September 24, 2019

“Saves time and stress!!”

OverallIt has been a great time saver with determining where my drivers are delivering to. All said, it has made this section of our business more efficient.
ProsIt's great when you have multiple drivers and territories. It's easy to look at the details of each account, add notes, and move things around to your liking.
ConsSometimes the routes don't make sense and I end up having to manually fix the route.
Donald J.
Retail, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Software”

OverallOptimoRoute has significantly streamlined our pick up and delivery process. Making our drivers more efficient and productive. More than pays for itself
ProsThe flexibility and ease of use. Ability to adjust drivers schedules on the go, and update their iPads immediately.
ConsLack of integration, I wish it would directly integrate with third party apps within OptimoRoute App Store.

By OptimoRoute on January 9, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Donald! We will be making integration easier in the coming months. What apps do you use? Please let us know at support@optimoroute.com so we can keep you in the loop.
ERICA F.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2019

“Wonderful Product and Easy to use!”

OverallWonderful! Very easy to use and track drivers!
Proseasy to use for drivers. easy to add stops last minute and reroute!
Conswhen marking as failed, should have a choice of reasons or somewhere to type as to why delivery failed.
Frederick L.
Business Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees
March 18, 2019

“Driver Tested, Company Approved”

OverallOptimoRoute has been a great addition to our courier program. Its' quick and simple to use. For a company that is brand new to in-house deliveries, OptimoRoute's fast and easy route planning has been an incredible tool.
ProsThe software does exactly what you expect it too. My company tested 4 route planning softwares before making a decision. OptimoRoute was hands down the favorite amongst our couriers.
ConsThere are some features that we wish the program had that are missing. We wish it had more flexibility in adjusting routes that are already planned. Totally understand the logic behind their system, but as a consumer we just wish we could manipulate things a little differently.

By OptimoRoute on March 28, 2019
Hi Frederick! Great to hear OptimoRoute helped you break into the in-house delivery market. We'll be working on making route manipulation easier in the future, to make for an all around simpler experience.
March 18, 2019
Textiles, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2018

“OptimoRoute allows you to start optimizing from day 1”

OverallWe have tried several others, but Optimo has the easiest UI and it is quick to customize for your data.
ProsThe software has consistently improved with beta tested results and excellent customer service.
ConsChanging costs with preferred feature introductions.

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Great to hear! We always aim to provide features that better serve our customers, while still staying budget-friendly. Here's hoping your improved efficiencies and route management make the monthly price, for all your desired features, a drop in the proverbial bucket.
December 7, 2018
Brandon A.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees

“Optimoroute”

OverallOverall good experience. I think there are a lot of features that could be added and I know you all are working on them!
ProsThe ease of seeing routes. and adding/deleting.
ConsThe ability not to take a picture upon delivery through the app. Also how the note fields are not consistent. \ Sometimes the routes mess up when certain addresses are entered (the software will not choose the fastest route)

By OptimoRoute on March 28, 2019
Hey Brandon! You're definitely right, we are working on photo capture, and if I understand the notes issue correct, we corrected that inconsistency. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Josh G.
Salea

“Very easy to use”

OverallOverall very good app.
ProsI like the simplicity. Very easy to train new employees to use the app.
ConsI wish the driver didnt need to turn service on and off when running the route. I wish he could just press next

By OptimoRoute on March 28, 2019
Thanks, Josh! So glad you like it. We hope to offer some customizations to the mobile app flow in the future. Stay tuned!
March 15, 2019

“does the job but could be a lot better”

OverallCustomer service is very good and fairly responsive, but the product itself is unimpressive.
ProsIt's the best we could find, and it does the job well enough.
ConsThere are a number of improvements that could be made to this software, too numerous to recount here. And while the entire industry suffers from this, the fact that it's not married to live traffic data makes the software basically useless in terms of tracking driver effectiveness. Essentially this software is slightly better than just doing it through a spreadsheet.

By OptimoRoute on April 10, 2019
Companies see huge improvements over manual planning with our software. If you haven't seen similar gains, perhaps we can suggest a workflow which will get you great results automatically. What's different about OptimoRoute is we have many features like overnight, weekly and multi-day long haul planning, and many other features that other programs don't have. If you want to know more, please contact us at support@optimoroute.com.
Richard B.
Construction, 11-50 employees
December 11, 2018

“OptimoRoute: Star choice for route software”

OverallThis software has made our routes at least twice as efficient as manual routing, and so much faster. It has made on the route changes quick and easy. Overall it was some of the best software I've used for routing.
ProsI liked it's flexible price structure, and it's speed of calculating routes. It's a fraction of the time it took for other options.
ConsHard to say, but if I had to choose, it would be it's inability to make custom excel templates for printing. My drivers don't use the app, so I need to spend alot of time nightly formatting.

By OptimoRoute on January 9, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Richard. We are always looking to improve the ease of use of the software, and customizable exports are coming soon.
marisa p.
March 15, 2019

“Good product, just a couple requests”

OverallI think its very user friendly. I think customer service is good but I wish they were easier to contact.
ProsI like the ease of planning the routes and adding drivers.
ConsI wish it could be easily integrated into our website.

By OptimoRoute on March 28, 2019
Hi Marisa, we're going to be working on plugins to allow for easy integration with some of the most used e-commerce programs. Please let us know at support@optimoroute.com which one you use. We'll contact you when the plugins are developed.
Michael S.
Construction, 1-10 employees

“1st year user”

OverallIt works in Lawn Care!
ProsEase of use, No online down time, Great routing.
ConsTwo step process when setting up a new address.

By OptimoRoute on January 14, 2019
This is great, Michael! We are glad we can make it easy for you to plan the day for your drivers.
David M.
Infrastructure Lead
Automotive, 11-50 employees
September 20, 2019

“Fantastic product for tracking and managing vehicles in a company”

ProsClean user interface and easy to use software.
ConsCan be a little cumbersome to set up initially but the OptimoRoute team were fantastic.
charlene c.
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

“Easy to use! ”

Proseasy to use and track drivers! plans routes easy!
Conswould like to be able to scan pictures for failed delivery status
Sarah G.
VegBox Logistics Coordinator
Farming, 1-10 employees
March 11, 2019

“Optimo Pros and Cons”

OverallGreat customer service and very supportive our of not-for-profit status.
Pros- flexibility re drivers and vehicles. - quick optimization
Cons- it's taken me a while to get my head around the process. It would be good to have access to FAQs or a guide of some kind.

By OptimoRoute on March 19, 2019
Hi Sarah! We're so happy OptimoRoute has been able to help Sutton Farm for so many years now. I know we are working on building up our FAQ and tutorials to provide more resources for people learning about our many features and functions. I hope this comes in handy in the future.
March 11, 2019
Samantha C.
Customer Service Manager
Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

“OptimoRoute Review”

Overallable to keep track of my drivers
ProsI can create three different routes for one day
Consauto defaults addresses when company has multiple locations under same name.

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Thanks, Samantha! It's true a strong suit of the software is routing for all drivers at once. As for duplicate names for multiple locations, we recommend adding something to the location name to make it specific to the location (Smith's West, Smith's East, for example). If you'd like help with this, please contact us at support@optimoroute.com.
Rudy P.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

“Boyd on a Wire”

OverallIt was excellent! It really allowed us to optimize our field techs and create very efficient routes for them.
ProsIntuitive nature and ease of navigation. It made scheduling easy for my schedulers and the ability to update drivers and change routes was very smooth!
ConsHaving all routes deleted when updating one driver. This was overcome during the time frame we were using it.

By OptimoRoute on March 28, 2019
Hey Rudy! Glad you overcame that initial hiccup to get awesome results.
Corrinne C.
COO
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2018

“Friendly and intuitive system”

OverallSimple to use and successful
ProsI learnt how to use the system on Sunday and trained the rest of the team on Monday! Simple, logical and easy to use!
ConsWe only make deliveries between 4.30 and 7.30pm so feel a little penalised by the pricing structure which assumes all day deliveries etc.

By OptimoRoute on January 14, 2019
Thanks, Corrinne! We have put a lot of effort into OptimoRoute¿s ease of use, and we love it when customers save time and hassle because of it.
Pat B.
February 13, 2018

“wonderful pro-active customer service”

ProsAfter making Valentine's Day packages for 54 of my best clients, I was struggling with finding the best way to deliver those beautiful packages. Your OptimoRoute program was just what I needed. It was easy to get started but got even easier when your support staff contacted me to offer assistance.without even being asked. The staff was very knowledgeable, helpful, and went above and beyond my already high expectations in making sure that the route I got was the most efficient delivery possible. I am very, very happy with your program!!! Thank you for making my deliveries easier.

By OptimoRoute on January 9, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on helping people get the most out of our system, so it is great to hear we hit the mark!.
February 13, 2018
Vanessa C.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“OptimoRoute Review”

OverallBeing a home delivery business the OptimoRoute software makes weekly delivery scheduling easy and fast. The drivers love it as it is easy for them to use as well.
ProsI love how easy it is to use. Saves me time every week working out our delivery runs.
ConsI do wish that we had the option to send our customers a SMS message on delivery with the basic package.
September 17, 2019
Yuksel A.
Vice President
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
April 30, 2019

“Easy, Pragmatic and affordable”

OverallEasy to Organize deliveries, Track Drivers, Solve repeat problems.
ProsTrial Period, Easy to Sign up, Not to much settings, Great Customer Service
ConsAnalytics should be included in the price

By OptimoRoute on June 20, 2019
Hi, Yuksel. Glad to see that OptimoRoute was easy to get going for you. If Analytics would be useful, that feature is included in the Enterprise plan. I'd be happy to activate it for you so you can give it a proper test.
April 30, 2019
Kyle E.
Supervisor
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Good”

ProsGreat optimizing. Does a better job than Google maps.
ConsNot enough personalization. Would be better if I could personalize all columns, not just the extra ones

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Thanks, Kyle! We're glad your team benefits from using OptimoRoute. Though you can personalize Custom Fields and repurpose some of the other column headings as needed, we expect to enable more customtization in the coming months. Stay tuned!
Kelly B.
Food Production, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Easy to get started and use”

OverallSomewhat overpriced for the features given the lack of integration with Shopify or Zapier and lack of SMS notifications for customers.
ProsSuper easy to get started and input addresses especially via the copy paste function; really like the ease of scheduling routes
ConsThe driver app is clunky and takes you to different addresses sometimes (neighbouring house etc). Does not work with Zapier which will ultimately force us to find an alternative option

By OptimoRoute on January 10, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Kelly! Over and over our routes show dramatic efficiency improvements for companies, saving them far more than the cost of the software in a few days of use. That's where the real value is! What's more, in the coming months we'll have a plugin available to make integration with apps such as Zapier and Shopify simpler than ever before. Email notifications are available now with SMS to follow. Email us at support@optimoroute.com to get started.
Leah C.
Admin
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“New User”

ProsThe ease of uploading information and being able to import my information easily
ConsI wish the software had more features to add more detailed information for routing: Shortest distance, drag a route to a different street, and not have to adjust so much information on the driver profiles to have the stops in the same areas combined (adjusting cost, working hours)

By OptimoRoute on March 19, 2019
We appreciate the feedback, Leah. OptimoRoute creates efficient routes by getting more done during working hours, but this doesn¿t always mean shortest overall distance. To help with combining certain areas, it may be worthwhile to test out our new clustering feature. Contact us at support@optimoroute.com so we can discuss these topics, and other best practices.
Stephen S.
Manager, Environment
February 12, 2018

“Looking for a system to schedule field staff's work. This is missing some key functionality.”

ProsIt quickly allows the creation of people, jobs, worksites and other key administrative elements. The map-based view appears to create sensible schedules, and it's not difficult to understand how to configure it without referring to the manual all the time.
ConsIt doesn't appear to provide a way to separate key resources from vehicles when managing field visits. For example, if a team needs a superwidget to go to a particular site, but the superwidget is kept separately to the vehicle, and can travel in any vehicle, the superwidget has to be attached to the vehicle in the software at the time the job is undertaken. There's apparently no way to manage the schedule for the superwidget separate to the vehicle and the people.

By OptimoRoute on January 14, 2019
Thank you Stephen for your very useful feedback. Our goal is to eventually effortlessly support even the most complex cases such as the one with a pool of "superwidgets" that you describe here. Please contact us at support@optimoroute.com -- we would love to learn more about your workflow and see how we can best optimize for your business!
February 12, 2018
Richard C.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Review”

OverallGreat idea, just not working as well as needed
ProsThe Routing Map.
Consinconsistency - GPS not great - moving calls and re syncing causes issues. Clunky to utilize on the fly changes.

By OptimoRoute on March 15, 2019
OptimoRoute uses 3rd party navigation apps (such as Google Maps, Waze, etc.). Although these apps are fairly reliable worldwide, there are some cases where one app will be great in an area, but another will be spotty. Then the reverse will be true in another part of the country. Please contact us at support@optimoroute.com so we can hear more about the specifics in your case and improve your experience.
Michael K.
General Manager
Package/Freight Delivery, 11-50 employees
September 18, 2019

“Useful tool for planning routes”

ProsAllows the planned time needed and the best ways to make numerous deliveries. Time and distance provided are able to be used for budgeting and quoting on costs.
ConsThe costing structure for use of multiply drivers only allowing the share the same amount of deliveries. Our drivers need many deliveries so this limits its use and only used when needed instead of all the time.
September 18, 2019
Dale W.
Logistics Supervisor

“Logistics Manager”

Overalldriver routing
Proseasy to use interface, very user friendly
Consoften freezes and has errors, which can be frustrating.

By OptimoRoute on April 9, 2019
Hi Dale. Freezing and errors within OptimoRoute are very rare. Let's find out what's going on so we can make sure you have a smooth experience. Please email support@optimoroute.com and we will get to the bottom of this!