KanbanFlow Ratings

Overall

About KanbanFlow

A lean project management software that provides work visualization, real-time team collaboration, time tracking, and analytics. Learn more about KanbanFlow

Scott E.
October 10, 2017

“The best kanban flow experience, and flexible enough to do just about anything!”

OverallThis is the best way to visualize tasks and manage work flow. By having an ongoing list in things to do today, any of my team members can go in and pull a task into "Doing Now" - that + pomodoro timers that assign to each task means I can literally see where all the time in my day goes, and visually see how things are moving through the pipeline.
ProsKanbanFlow is an amazing piece of software, and truly flexible for whatever you need it for. It allows you to visually manage any process, but our company uses it most heavily to monitor our WIP (work in progress) and to manage tasks across multiple users. This allows us to take a quick snapshot of what's being worked on now, what needs to be done today/this week/this month. It also allows us to create an overall work flow ranging from this minute to strategy coming in the next months. We have also used it to track deals in our pipeline but we ultimately switched that to Hubspot CRM because that includes deal values and forecasting while still retaining the Kanban Board aspect. Probably the best part though, and the reason I always come back to KanbanFlow instead of any other Kanban Board is the pomodoro timer. This is the best place ever to use a pomodoro timer for a few reasons: 1) You can assign your pomodoro timer to specific tasks, so it's incredibly easy to later look back and see I spent 5 hours 20 minutes on this task. 2) You can look at your pomodoro statistics. I have no idea how much work I did today until I look at my pomodoro statistics and compare them to how well I normally do.
ConsNothing really, it does its job well. I do wish it had a mobile app instead of just a web interface, would encourage me to use it more on my phone.
October 10, 2017
Daniel W.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
February 25, 2019

“Excellent and Easy to Use Kanban product”

OverallI have so far only used the free version, but I have thought many times I should buy the premium version if for no other reason than to support this great company and product. But with the free version I have all I need. I just use this for personal use. Where I currently work, they're already invested in Atlassian JIRA, so I can't influence them to purchase KanbanFlow, but if I am ever at another company or job where it comes up, I would enthusiastically recommend KanbanFlow. (Because compared to JIRA, KanbanFlow is so much easier and faster to use). I use this to track my Personal To-Do's and to track my Work To-Do's. I'm a software developer and when I get hot and heavy on a large complex project, I break down the work into tasks on cards, and it helps me organize and focus so much more. It's very easy to set up a board and add cards to it. I use the subtask checklist a lot, and I sometimes use the color coding too. It's so easy to move cards around the board. I haven't needed or tried to track history on a card, or track time, but those features (especially the time) seem to be available. The mobile website is great too, and I am able to move cards around or add/edit cards using chrome browser on my andriod phone, and it works surprisingly well.
ProsEasy to use and fast. Setting up a board, adding entries to it, moving them around, is incredibly easy, intuitive, and fast.
ConsAdding labels is a little slow. I wish I could add labels to cards more quickly and easily. As a result, I don't use the labelling feature much.
February 25, 2019
Gabriel C.
Operational Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
February 11, 2019

“Fast tool for managing Agile teams”

OverallWe've used this tool (both the free variant and paid subscription) for managing multiple projects in the past. The software is extremely user friendly and everyone from developers to clients loved it. KanbanFlow is heavily oriented on managing large numbers of concurrent work-in-progress tasks (Kanban), so it's dashboard is a collection of swim-lanes depicting the current progress. It allows for registering individual user accounts and assigning these to Agile boards. The developers loved it as it is extremely simple to create a task, to update it's status or to record work. The management & clients liked that they got an easy overview of everything that was getting worked on. The paid subscription, while adding additional functionality and removing some of the limitations, is mostly focused on reports creation and task analytics - the latter was especially appreciated since it makes it easy to highlight time-hogging stories or tasks. All-in-all this was immensely helpful for agile teams; more so when looking at the pricing - while KanbanFlow does not come with all the bells and whistles, it provides a solid feature set for a fraction of the price of other Agile trackers (e.g.: JIRA)
Pros- Lightweight interface focused on speed, that manages to provide all functionality up-front - Easy to log work hours & easy to export reports - Task management can be easily grouped on multiple boards & teams - It's (paid) analytics feature does provide valuable management information.
Cons- The free option lacks the possibility to integrate with other mainstream software (however the paid version works with many various services) - Does not allow for on-premises installation, all information is stored on their own servers/cloud. - Workflow customizations are not possible.
February 11, 2019
Ronald L.
Content Manager
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
January 22, 2019

“Productivity boosted!”

OverallKanbanFlow helped us organize a large set of tasks for a team of 19 people. Management also was able to create their own boards so we can keep track of different situations and on different levels. We never encountered problems setting up accounts and the site is always available and stable. We would be lost without it at this point! Users can activate e-mail notifications when a task is assigned to them which is useful if you ever have a reluctant users that says too much "I wasn't checking the board during the day".
Pros*How easy and intuitive it is even for people that has never used something similar *Includes so many useful features that have covered so far all situations we have encountered to keep track of the tasks *Allows to manage different boards which is awesome for management *Setting up accounts is quicker than you can imagine *Makes you stay so organized that it's impossible to stop using it *Stays efficient even with large teams
Cons*Doesn't allow me to remove the colors I'm not using on the bottom legend without entering the settings menu. Just a little detail that could be easily implemented. *There's no role in the boards that allowd users to only see it without editing rights. I guess it's linked to the concept of the metodology but it's been needed in a few opportunities.
January 22, 2019
Rick P.
January 18, 2018

“My favorite Kanban webapp”

ProsAll the basics of Kanban are available in the free tier. For a freelancer working with a single client, as I've done in the past, the free tier is probably all you need to get things done. I used Kanban Flow extensively for about 20 client projects, and then started using Slack. I've recently come back to KF, however, because it's much easier to stay focused and see how far you need to go to finish. Free tier includes unlimited boards, and that's awesome. The webapp is wicked fast on Chrome. I mean really really fast. Premium tier is fairly priced. Powerful premium features. The app gets lots of attention from devs and is updated frequently.
ConsAdministration of boards is a bit tedious, requiring several clicks, and then clicks back to start over with a fresh board. I can't find any way to increase the font size, other than zoom in Chrome. Advanced functionality isn't free, and I imagine if you're a business with more than a couple team members, you'll need the premium tier.
January 18, 2018
Ling Ling L.
Distribution Associate
Publishing, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2017

“Free version works great as a daily to-do list if you work online”

OverallPlanning vertically (aka using a vertical list) seems to work better for me so I was glad to be introduced to Kanban Flow, and that they offer a permanent free version since, at first, I just wanted to test it out -- I've been using it ever since.
ProsThese are based on the free version. * Offers free and premium version (the free version works great for me) * Acts like a vertical to-do list * Offers different colors so you can color code if you'd like * Offers the ability to add subtasks * Can set multiple reminders * Can be shared with other users. * Links are hyperlinked.
ConsThese cons are limited to the free version. * Different colors are offered but the options are limited. * The default "In Progress" section always expands each task automatically when you first sign on or refresh the page. * Reports aren't available if you don't use pomodoro (there is a log though that shows up to the past 14 days). * I tend to end up only using the "In Progress" column as a running to-do list. * Can't attach files in the free version. * It'd be nice if we could add sub-sub tasks.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're looking for something simple to act as a type of to-do list then give the free version a try. If you like to color code then try using the limited amount of colors offered in the free version, it is a convenient way of managing priorities.
April 19, 2017
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
May 27, 2019

“A very simple kanban board.”

OverallThe free plan has no limit on the user which is a great feature for me. My team can have unlimited time boards and tasks. I highly recommended kanbanflow.
ProsAfter using kanban boards I felt like it solves every problem in my work. I like the simplicity of kanbanflow which helps me to create a board that helps organise my projects and save so unnecessary work. When working in a team I prefer to get all the latest info, and when I saw the board I can see all the latest updates from my team. A time tracker is something very essential for me. I already have used half a dozen time tracker. The free plans have no limit on user nor time.
Cons I don't like the reporting, which is a bit complicated.
May 27, 2019
October 20, 2017

“Great and easy-to-use software that helps me stay organized at work every day.”

OverallIt helps me stay very organized and on top of things with big and little tasks at work. Whenever I remember something that I still have to do I'll just quickly add a reminder or task for myself or the team in the appropriate column. That way I never forget anything I have to do and stay productive.
ProsI love the simplicity of the design and how easy it is to use overall. It is exactly what I would expect from a software that helps me be productive and keep my workflow organized. It's incredibly easy and convenient to quickly add a tasks or reminder, even on the busiest of days, so it won't slip your mind. And I love the flow of columns you can move your tasks through as you're trying to get things done.
ConsI think the actual design is a bit dated, I just don't love the look of the software as much compared to what else is out there.
October 20, 2017
Kathy V.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2018

“Free version review: Extremely Nice for Free”

ProsSetting up the boards and using them is extremely easy to do. I have used it for client work - to keep track of the time I have spend on each aspect of each project and this has been very useful for that.
ConsI am working with the free version - and so this might be available in the pro - but I would really like to have my tasks auto populate onto my MacBook calendar so I can coordinate tasks with meetings and the rest of my planning.
November 28, 2018
Jeff S.
Flight Instructor
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2018

“Great but light on features”

OverallIt has been my personal and work task list for the last few years. It has been very useful at keeping me organized and focused.
ProsIt is simple to use. My favorite part is the built-in timer on the bottom left. This is great for pomodoro time management.
ConsYou can add a checklist to a kanban card but you can't put subchecklists inside of a checkbox. I often like to break out complex tasks with further levels of detail and this would be a nice way to do it.
October 23, 2018
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2018

“Fantastic Swimlanes!”

OverallClear visual project management and excellent time keeping tracker for each task
ProsKanban flow is a visually pleasing and ever expanding process app. I use it for all my project management and especially love the pomidork timer function. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software
August 9, 2018
Josh L.
Business Development Analyst
Internet, Self-employed
February 2, 2019

“Stellar task manager, better than Trello”

OverallI am using this now as my full-time task manager. It does two things very well: simply lays out all of your cards, and allows you to time your work on each of your tasks. I like that the pomodoro timer isn't "fake". It is tied to whatever task you are working on, and you can easily switch tasks mid-pomodoro, and the appropriate time is logged to each task. So at the end of the week I can see by color, by label etc how much time I spent on everything. I only have two minor gripes. One is that the UI is starting to get dated, the other is that recurring tasks show up again after you mark them complete. This is not a bug or anything, its just annoying to see it pop right up again. It feels like I was robbed of my gold star of completion. For now, I have an external system setup instead, on a cron job. So these tasks get posted to the API and show up on the board.
ProsI liked the pomodoro timer as well as the simple layout.
ConsCompleted recurring tasks get put immediately back onto the board. Would love the option to hide them until near the time it recurs.
February 2, 2019
Daniel N.
IT Manager
Furniture, 51-200 employees
November 16, 2018

“Basic Kanban Tool”

OverallI wanted to experiment with kanban task boards, and this was a great initial platform. I have since moved on to using another product with more features, but kanbanflow is definitely worth looking into for a basic, easy-to-use solution.
ProsCompared to other kanban software, this one is really simple and easy to use. Get rid of the sticky notes on a whiteboard and use this instead! Very easy learn and start using. I used the free version, which was great for my needs. However, you can also go on subscription to get the full raft of available features.
ConsIf you are looking for a kanban with lots and lots of features, you may find kanbanflow a bit lacking. It's real strength is its straightforward and easy-to-use design.
November 16, 2018
Bruno C.
WordPress Developer
July 25, 2018

“KanbanFlow is a great tool with a great price”

ProsIt's free version already comes with valuable functions. It's board view is easy and great to handle project tasks with support to collaboration and time tracking functionalities.
ConsIt repeat task functionality could be better, showing just what is next to be done, but it only show all the future tasks, which make some tasks to appear in the wrong time.
July 25, 2018
Graphic Design, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2019

“assistant of productivity”

ProsThis is my favourite Kanban tool. Easy to use and has the ability to easily use from mobile. Thanks to this I do not have to have small tasks to do in my head and motivates me to action. I honestly recommend it as a free tool.
ConsThe graphic layout is quite old and we do not have any additional features besides basic ones.
April 17, 2019
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 25, 2018

“The Easiest Kanban Software”

OverallKanbanFlow has helped our team stay on the same page and increased our efficiency, productivity, and communication.
ProsKanbanFlow is easy to use. The UI is easy to look at and the software is easy to learn. The program is pretty simple, yet it's very capable of handling just about anything you throw at it. It also connects to Outlook, which notifies other team members when they have a task due.
ConsIt's not pretty. There are other options that are more pleasing to look at, but that should not make you avoid it.
August 25, 2018
Benjamin C.
Family Pastor
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
January 9, 2019

“My #1 Product Recommendation for 2019”

OverallI work multiple jobs in addition to owning a business. This software helps me manage everything from personal finance to client communications.
ProsI use KanbanFlow every day to manage my life. It is user friendly and integrates with other products I use like Google Calendar.
ConsUser interface isn't particularly attractive.
Joseph V.
Computer Support Tech
April 2, 2018

“This tool is a great way to keep organized”

ProsWe have been using this to keep our team up to date on where our various projects are progress wise, and make sure everyone knows what they need to do.
ConsIt would be nice if there were some charts and reports that could be run like there are in a few alternative tasking apps (like Wrike). However, KanBanFlow has been great.
April 2, 2018
Dorothy W.
QA and Document and Records Specialist
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2017

“Easy Task Manager (free version)”

OverallBy writing down all tasks and color coding them by role, I have learned which things are taking up a lot of my time. I have created columns for "Waiting on Someone Else" and "Redirected From" so I can see where tasks are stalled for reasons beyond my control.
Pros The customization of columns and colors are perfect. I set each work role as a different color so I can tell at a glace which role a task belongs to. I enjoy dropping things in the Done column. I use this as a communication tool with my supervisor by sharing my board.
July 18, 2017
Media Production, 1-10 employees
May 26, 2019

“Simple and to the point kanban board.”

ProsAs the name says its one of the best kanban boards available at the moments. Creating copying transferring is so much easy. It did just one job and with excellence. I love the kanban board and use it to manage all my work project basic. From taking photos, editing them from the album and for social media, to delivery it makes my work a lot less painful. The WIP limit is great as it helps me to not get lost in work. The recurring task I must say saves a lot of hassle, to pay my printing studio, the assistance, and sometimes studio. It takes a lot of pressure from my shoulders.
ConsIt is hilarious to have web view as a mobile app. A free lancer can easyly create a application for you, you dont need to hire a devoloper.
May 26, 2019
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2018

“Good Tool for team collaboration ”

OverallOverall the use of kanban boards has given us a great start in organising outlet workloads equally and providing individual and team accountability. It's a great tool as a starter but need to as you would expect be used along side other applications.
ProsWe use the tool frequently to manage team and project tasks, we find the rocccurong task settings really useful for mapping monthly and weekly tasks! You can assign tasks to individuals which can be shared and filtered as needed. The card can list a number of subs tasks making it really clear on track g process as they move across the board swim lanes.
ConsThe tool almost has too many feature making it more complicated then it needs to be. Maybe if there were more intervention with time sheeting or scheduling we would get more more use of the tool.
October 17, 2018
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2018

“ This is one of the first things I look at every day and love it!”

ProsIt is very simple, intuitive, and easy to use.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about this software.
September 3, 2018
Aimee K.
Chief Strategist
July 10, 2017

“Excellent task management for busy people!”

ProsMy favorite thing about Kanban Flow is the Pomodoro Timer. It keeps me focused and on task. It allows me to work in sprints and knock a bunch of tasks off my list - it's a fantastic productivity tool.
ConsThe version I use isn't as nice-looking as other tools.
July 10, 2017
Andrew J.
IT Coordinator
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
January 11, 2019

“Excellent kanban ”

ProsSimplify the communication with others on some projects able to see at a glance anything that needs attention through color coding Integrated to google calendar
Conscannot add custom field only tags are available cannot change to other view ( list view, calendar view, etc) cannot switch kanban view to other details (view by topic, view by member, etc)
January 11, 2019
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“KanbanFlow keeps me organized!”

ProsI love KanbanFlow -- it's a simple and easy design and helps keep me on task! It's the best to-do list I've ever had!
ConsNothing -- I love KanbanFlow and will continue to use it.
October 16, 2018
Scott S.
Management Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
July 11, 2017

“Used it to develop a Kanban Board for a software development process.”

OverallSolved our problem at very low cost.
ProsEasy to use. Demo version allowed for proof of concept in one day. Provided a number of fields that fit directly to our requirements.
ConsIt would have been nice to have the ability to rename certain fields to suit our local conventions and names. Also, there is some difficulty deleting values from selected fields.
July 11, 2017
Tom F.
Director of Technology
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
April 16, 2019

“Keep an active list of all the things going on in one place”

OverallThis software keeps my personal and professional life organized. Not only myself but for my team members.
ProsThis is the single best software that has improved my organizational abilities and keeps me on task. It allows me to see a visual representation of what needs to be done and what's been completed in a visual manner that easy to understand.
ConsNot sure because I use the free version of hte software, but it would be great to have more colors to identify categories.
April 16, 2019
Bill P.
Owner/instructor
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2018

“My Opinion”

OverallOverall I LOVE this software and will continue to use it for years.
ProsI love this software. It is easy to learn and use!
ConsI own a self defense studio and wish that I could adjust the length of the breaktimes to match the length of my classes. Some are 45 minutes and others are 60 minutes
October 3, 2018
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2018

“Good for group project management”

OverallVery good project management software.
ProsIt has worked well of us when managing multiple projects with many different collaborators. I like that I can control what the different columns are called and that everyone has their own dashboard
ConsI think the price is a little high for what this software can offer. I feel like its a little to limited on what it can do, I think its a great idea that they could take further to incorporate more of like a to-do list feel.
May 9, 2018
Shahid Q.
CTO
51-200 employees
October 26, 2014

“Good combination of Pomodoro and Kanban”

OverallI had been using online Kanban tools for project and task management among different teams in my organization for last several months and things were going well but the problem I had been facing was the lack of Timeboxing. I explored and studied about the Pomodoro technique and Flow. After reading through it and downloading a few nice Pomodoro timer applications, I realized that an integration of Kanban and Pomodoro could be good combination to get the tasks done in timely manner. I wished there had been a tool available with both techniques combined and luckily I found KanbanFlow, a perfect combination of Kanban and Pomodoro tools. I have started using it and going to implement in my organization very soon. Although it's a very nice tool but there's always a room for improvement. The user interface design can be improved to match some other similar tools and few other features can also be added. A native mobile app along with Pomodoro timer would add a great value to it. I wanted to give 4.75 but as it accepts only whole numbers so I am rounding it off to 5.
October 26, 2014
Program Development, 1001-5000 employees

“Best kanban board”

ProsSo the free version is great. All functions needed for personal Kanban are there.
ConsIt is a pity that swimlines function are paid. Mobile version could be an app not webpage
Volodymyr Z.
January 8, 2019

“Easy and fast Kanban Flow”

ProsThis is the best solution I've ever seen. Please add multilingual (Russian, Polish). I can help with the translation. Thank you so much! Don't stop!
ConsIn the free version, you need to make it available to attach files - at least up to 10 MB. I would like to see a special application for iphone.
January 8, 2019
Banking, 51-200 employees
July 8, 2019

“KANBAN Easy Tool”

OverallOverall a great experience in using this Tool
ProsThis tool is greatly helpful in creating KANBAN work flow. Easy to maintain tasks and assign to various team members
ConsThis tool can slightly improve in usability
July 8, 2019
Patricia P.
Printing, 1-10 employees
July 20, 2018

“This works fantastic for my business needs - went through 10 or more software”

OverallI'm able to keep up with my workflow and manage my task better.
ProsEasy to customize, shows me everything on the board, don't have to open another section to see more details.
ConsAbility to select colors for the column HEADER versus the task and more vibrant colors. Just started with the program so I need more time to make additional comments.
July 20, 2018
Shajid U.
ICT Operation Manager
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
March 29, 2018

“Great Organisation tool”

OverallGreat program/app - I recommended it
ProsEasy to use, built-in timer, easy labelling, Agile working - I am working with this on my private and work life
Conshave not got prioritisation, list order, automated progression, automation of this product would make a great product into an excellent product
March 29, 2018
Andoni S.
Coach for Inspiring People
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Best alternative to Trello”

ProsIt's simpler than Trello and has some features that make it very good to organize all your tasks. It's integrated with pomodoro timer which is great!
ConsNot any cons found for this... I'd just suggest to add some extra features to the free version
January 29, 2019
Tony M.
October 29, 2016

October 29, 2016
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
April 19, 2019

“Organize your day”

ProsHi, so this kanbanflow is new for me, but it helps me organize my day. I put days in colums, and many taksk to done them.
ConsIt could look a little bit better. More clean like material desing.
April 19, 2019
Brandon M.
Vice President of Marketing
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
April 20, 2018

“Strong tool, hopefully they'll keep focusing on new features.”

OverallIt's a good tool but could improve the UI and card features with adding images, links, text styles and attachments. There are better alternatives but KanbanFlow could be a great tool if they keep improving.
ProsIt's easy to use and helps us keep on track. The UX is better than average. There's good control over notifications.
ConsThe UI could be improved a lot like in how things are diplayed on the cards. There are design hierarchy issues. Also there are alternatives that offer more features. Adding links, images, attachments etc. involves using markup. It would be so nice to have interface features that allows my to apply text effects more simply like bold, italic or changing color. More text editor tools and being able to attach images or files without using markup would be great. I never love user-based pricing even though so many companies do it.
April 20, 2018
Al G.
Director, Enterprise Data Systems
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
September 20, 2015

September 20, 2015
April 30, 2018

“We were asked to use this application at work, for project management”

ProsIf you are used to Kanban methodology, this is very straightforward to use. It is a decent project management tool if the team is committed to it.
ConsIt seems antiquated. Not very intuitive for first-time users. Some important functionalities like calendar view are hard to find. It is also difficult to direct-message, particularly on mobile devices.
April 30, 2018
Justas T.
Back end software developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
December 18, 2018

“Not as good as the alternatives”

ProsEasy to use task system Capable permission and administration tools Nice color coding, allows to mark importance, or differences between tasks
ConsOutdated UI makes administrating the tasks a bit of a pain. There are certainly better alternatives on the market
December 18, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2018

“Paid Plans Are the Best”

OverallGood. I think it's a middle of the line product.
ProsI like that when you use it you can easily move tasks around between the bord section and everyone can do this visually together.
ConsSome of the features are limited when it comes to looking at how much your team is accomplishing and tracking progress.
October 11, 2018

Agent
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2018

“KanbanFlow is okay!”

ProsThe app ran nice and smooth. So performance was not much of an issue. I did like the overall look of the app!
ConsOverall its was okay! I have used many other tasks managers I prefer to this app, but not a bad one! I'd still use it with no issues!
June 11, 2018