Square 9 GlobalSearch Ratings

Overall

About Square 9 GlobalSearch

From increased productivity and effective collaboration to business continuity and regulatory compliance, save both time and money and contribute to the overall growth and success of your business with GlobalSearch document management. Make the right decision on managing your information today! Learn more about Square 9 GlobalSearch

Korey H.
Manager, ECM SMB Professional Services
July 10, 2017

“The Konica Minolta Professional Services team delivers Square 9 as a document management solution!”

ProsThe Square 9 solution platform offers a wide variety of products for document capture, storage, retention, retrieval and workflow processes to increase our customers productively and enable them to work efficiently. Square 9 is the perfect fit for our existing customers already utilizing Bizhub multi-function devices. The Square 9 bEST connector directly integrates with our devices, simplifying scanning, indexing, and searching of documents from the panel. The user interface design is easy to use and significantly cuts down on training costs. The simplistic GlobalSearch and GlobalCapture configuration interface enables our customers to really own the solution and makes it easy for them to apply changes or expand the system to other business areas within the company. The recent advancements with GlobalCapture provides enhanced capabilities to automate the capture of information for unstructured documents. The ability to automatically separate, classify, and extract data from unstructured documents is a major enhancement to the Square 9 platform. The GlobalAction workflow design canvas provides many tool and options to design a solution to meet specific business requirements. The flexibility of the configuration provides several benefits for document workflow automation increasing our customer's return on investment!
ConsSoftware and re-seller / customer support can always be improved, however the software works great and the Square 9 support team does a great job responding to cases! Square 9 regularly releases new updates and enhancements to their software. At times, response times may be long depending on a variety of situations. A regularly updated knowledge base for customers and re-seller's on common issues and request would be a great help or a community for re-seller's and customer to share or post new ideas, enhancements, or common problems may expand the community. Overall great system and support. Highly recommend!
July 10, 2017
Timothy E.
Chief Information Officer
June 26, 2017

“Our end users frequently tell me they could NOT do their jobs without the Square9 products we use. ”

ProsWhat I love most about the Square9 suite of products is the integration and ease of use. We use both GlobalSearch and GlobalForms, and they work hand in hand. the products have completely changed the way in which we do business. Every department in our organization from HR On-boarding to Accounting, Operations, Legal, and every other department benefits from our Square9 products. We have over 50 GlobalForms in the production environment and have plans for many more. We are continually fine-tuning our workflows in the business. the ease of form creation gives us great flexibility in how we collect data on everything from new employees, inventories, validation forms, check lists and even electronic health records. My end users tell me we would have a mutiny on our hands if we tried to take away GlobalSearch from them. Overall we are very happy with the products.
Consthe only real con I can think of is the fact that the backend product that powers GlobalForms is not a Square9 product. This sometimes leads to differing opinions on the cause of issues or solutions to problems. This hasn't caused us much in the way of difficulties, but sometimes it pops up as a problem.
Chris D.
IT/GIS Coordinator
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
June 26, 2017

“Super happy with our implementation so far. We're just getting into things now...”

Overallone step closer to going paperless
ProsLove the workflow design interface for global capture and global action. Also, the batch manager is SO useful in tracking the workflows and how they are working (or not working). The ability to tie documents to other databases with lookups is also very powerful.
ConsI wish the documentation had some examples, esp with the OCR template setup. An example in particular of the directional OCR zones with repeats for line item data extraction into a table field. Even a walk through video would be VERY helpful. The current documentation doesn't explain all the settings and how to configure them for repeating zones. Since its difficult to explain in text, a visual would REALLY help. I've been fighting with it for some time now and I still don't have it working. A hyperlink data type for URL fields would be a great add on. We have many documents that we would like to link to a mapping application ie. work permits link to a location. Many of our documents have a spatial reference that i have in a lookup field in another database that has geographic coordinates based on address. I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet?! The proposed workaround in the forum doesn't work. The ability to click a hyperlink field that opens a new browser window to a specific URL would be SO nice.
Jeremy M.
Sr. Purchasing Agent
Mining & Metals, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2017

“I've used SmartSearch/GlobalSearch for a little over 5 years. We use it to capture inv, pods & POs.”

OverallEase of finding documents via index fields. Nice indexing tools, especially key-free. Make it possible for my remote project sites to create visibility of their documents and purchasing transactions. The same goes for our Corporate office being able to create visibility for our projects sites.
ProsEase of use. User friendly. Creates many efficiencies for us. We use to create 3 way matches for AP and this software does it great. I love the options to customize searches and permissions. I like that I can do some level of customization without outside help.
ConsSmall bugs or quirks. Increasing wait time for key free. Limited options to "burn" items such as signatures or annotations. Missing a strong phone or tablet ap. Worflows are improving but not to a point that satisfies the needs of my company. Would be great to have option to print index fields in margin of shrunk document...or even on a second page.
Peg M.
IT Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
June 30, 2017

“GlobalSearch has helped us increase productivity and revenue.”

OverallWe have reduced time to process orders both outbound and inbound thus expediting claim submission and increasing cash flow. We have improved multiple process by developing GlobalSearch workflows to automate previously manual processes.
ProsEasily configurable and adjustable to fit our processes. Administration is extremely easy, one does not need a degree in computer science to make it work or troubleshoot an issue. Users find it easy to learn and use.
ConsWe use the desktop client; when we upgrade, it is cumbersome in that we have to touch each workstation and takes a long time on each. It would be nice to retain the number of records displayed in the user settings - as the number of records grows, the default of 50 in the display often leads to records being overlooked in a search.
Fressia B.
EA
June 23, 2017

“User friendly. Organized workflow. Easy to retrieve records by any detail.”

ProsI primarily use the program to input accounts payable invoices. Having all the invoices, contracts, tax forms, and crucial correspondence in one location is great for facilitating my workflow.
ConsThe Key Free feature is a wonderful tool in theory. However, I find myself having to go back and re-enter a lot of the line items, because it captured the invoice number or date incorrectly. Also, going back and forth from Key Free to manual entry is too time consuming, that I've discontinued using that feature.

By Square 9 Softworks on June 29, 2017
Hi Fressia, Thanks for taking the time to review GlobaSearch! Your feedback is always appreciated. I did want to let you know that there are ways to optimize the OCR results for your your document types so you will get better results. Please contact our support desk at (203) 789-0889 opt 2 at your convenience and we will be happy to assist.
Jack R.
Director of IT
Retail, 201-500 employees
June 30, 2017

“Global Search has reduced our storage of paperwork by volumes and made retrieval instant.”

OverallReduction of physically stored paperwork as well as a reduction in lost paperwork. Not having to increase staff as the company has grown.
ProsFrom a technical standpoint, I like the fact that it takes little of my time to maintain and administrate. With the significant enhancements over the last year or two, I see the ability to automate more and more processes which are done throughout our company.
ConsWe do our own design and development. Working through the reseller for issues and questions can be time consuming and sometimes frustrating. From a user perspective, I can't think of any significant cons...
Jeff H.
Desktop Support
June 26, 2017

“Solid software that delivers good results”

ProsThe core Smart Search functionality is very strong and delivers "just works" kind of results. It installs fairly easily and the server requirements are pretty minimal. I would definitely encourage someone looking at Smart Search to be certain that their reseller or integrator is well-versed in how to set up Smart Search as that will definitely impact the effectiveness of the installation and setup process. Ours was and our installation and user training went easily with few real issues. Square 9 as a company is responsive to requests for assistance and support can usually resolve issues quickly.
ConsThe web interface is janky--just not well thought through and with some limitations that are not friendly to users. The client software that is more highly-featured is Windows only so if you are working with users who aren't on Windows that can create issues.

By Square 9 Softworks on June 29, 2017
Hi Jeff, Thanks for the great feedback. We wanted to let you know that we are less than 90 days away from our v4.5 release of GlobalSearch which will feature an all new web client. The new browser interface will bring both the feel and functionality of our LAN client to the web along with some newly added features. We are super excited about it and think you will be too.
Beverly S.
HR/Payroll/AP
June 23, 2017

“We have been using Square 9 for approximately 3 years. ”

ProsAvailability of our invoices for all users Searching for invoices is easier than going thru a paper file E-mail capabilities of invoices
ConsSometimes the batch manager doesn't work properly for rejections. Frustrating to have to reset the SSImp Engine...currently, having to do it 3 - 5 times per week.

By Square 9 Softworks on June 29, 2017
Beverly, We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review GlobalSearch and wanted to say thanks for your feedback. What you described with needing to reset the batch manager frequently is definitely not standard behavior. We will have someone from our support team contact you asap to get this addressed. Thanks again
Brian B.
System Administrator
June 21, 2017

“GlobalSearch is very easy to use, has all the function I need, and looks great. ”

ProsI enjoy the ability I have to customize it to my needs. I know I have just touched the surface of what my software has the ability to do.
ConsThe software support team is usually very slow to respond. There needs to be a rating system of how critical a support ticket is. The desktop application runs much slower than the application on the server. Probably more of an issue with my network than anything else, but still annoying.
11-50 employees
April 10, 2018

“GlobalSearch, formerly SmartSearch, used to be a favorite of ours. Now it lacks a lot of solutions.”

OverallWe used to like it, but as it allegedly advances in software development, it bothers us more and more. This is not advancement, this is software regression.
ProsIt was cost-competitive, but recent price hikes have lessened that advantage. Has an easy-to-configure archive setup, but its getting messier on their new web consoles. I also like the way it can be both web and desktop client, but new developments in this software are leaving us disappointed.
ConsThe viewer interface is slow in launching a lot of retrieved documents. The Scanning Services to process documents runs slower than our old Digitech did, (and that's pretty slow). Their batch manager is NOT easy to use, and the new workflow interface is a mess.

By Square 9 Softworks on April 17, 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalSearch. You feedback is appreciated! We would like the opportunity to speak with you on your concerns and to remedy any problems you are experiencing. Please contact marketing@square-9.com and we will be happy to escalate any issues you have with the software, and look to have them resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible. We look forward to getting you back on track, and appreciate your continued support. Thank you!
April 10, 2018
Bill S.
Member Service Supervisor
Banking, 11-50 employees
June 23, 2017

“We had some reoccurring issues when first implemented. Few and far between afterwards.”

OverallWe are eliminating our physical storage.
ProsSimplistic enough for our current use. We will be able to expand our usage as our needs grow in the future.
ConsSome of the configuration setup could be a bit more simplistic. Video tutorials would be a massive help.

By Square 9 Softworks on June 29, 2017
Bill, Thanks for the great feedback. We just wanted to let you know that there are several video tutorials for GlobalCapture configuration already available. We are actively developing additional videos for GlobalSearch administration as well. You can request access to these online training classes at www.square-9.com/resources/education/. There are also a number of video tech tips available at www.square-9.com/product-videos/technical-tip-series/. Hope this helps and once again, thanks for your continued support!
Josh E.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2017

“GlobalSearch and Square 9 have helped me eliminate all paper-based documents”

OverallThis software has completely eliminated all paper costs and improved productivity 60%
ProsIt's very user friendly. If I want to search for something, all I have to do is type in a keyword and I can easily find what i'm looking for. Having the ability to create separate inboxes for each type of document made GlobalSearch a really good fit for us. Now, instead of my back office being filled with file cabinets, I've been able to get rid of them entirely and scan everything into GlobalSearch.
ConsI wish there were more online courses to take. With the few Square 9 has, I've learned a lot, but i'd love to be able to learn more about the features from my desk or at home.
June 19, 2017
Tannus Q.
June 30, 2017

“Excellent product, excellent service”

ProsSmart software which makes document routing and management efficient and traceable. Can run backend SQL reports to monitor key metrics across document processing.
ConsWould like to see added features that are more akin to Sharepoint with the ability to multiple fields across multiple documents at once.
Patrick E.
IT Systems Technician
Education Management, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2017

“helped our company organize our many documents”

Prosi liked the improvements in the interface and the speed o f searching. Also, the addition and improvements to the web client have helped our organization massively.
ConsAdding users and Fields is still nebulous. I wish that it was easier to spin up new archives or create them from already existing once.
DONNELL LAWRENCE p.
Project Lead
Construction, 10,001+ employees

“Difficult at times”

OverallHelped with filing
ProsI can find the items that I am looking for, I can log on anywhere, easy to log into the online system.
ConsTake a lot to search multiple items. It would be great if I could copy and past a list and search them all at once.

By Square 9 Softworks on June 22, 2017
Hi Donnell, Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalSearch. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know we are here to help. The multiple item search you are requesting is standard functionality and can be enabled by adjusting your search into a multi value search. If you would like our assistance, please let us know and we can arrange someone to reach out to you - it should only take a few seconds of your time to make this adjustment. Thank you again for your feedback!
David W.
Application Engr
June 23, 2017

“Good Product on SmartSearch”

ProsWe have a backend system that can connect via REST api. They have a good documentation and sample on how to use the REST API.
ConsWish they have the online version for SmartSearch with full features as the desktop client. That will be nice. Everything should be web app and no more desktop client.
Ben S.
Director of security and technology

“Love the product ”

ProsCreate use tailored to our specific organization. Enjoy workflow and webform customization. Document workflow is a plus as well
ConsInstall file size should be cut down. More professional service people to get faster response times for creating forms
Amy H.
Operations Associate
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
June 22, 2017

“Very organized in document management.”

OverallThe benefits I received are organization for scanning documents into SmartSearch and easy to search for the documents. It is very user friendly. Great for document management.
ProsEasy to learn and use. Easy to become familiar with and very organized. It is user friendly. Allows capability for adjustments.
ConsMany features I am not too familiar with, but have not been in a situation when I needed to use them.
Daniel C.
Fleet & Operations Manager
June 21, 2017

“Easy to use, Functional, dependable!”

ProsWe scan a large number of documents into our system daily and need to search them pretty quickly after they are loaded. This system allows us to do that with minimal processing time and returns reliable results.
ConsOnce you get use to the process of building workflows to process documents it is easy but the learning curve can be intense at times. But with support it isn't too bad.
Benjamin B.
BTS Support Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees

“Great Software”

ProsGlobalSearch has allowed my org to automate paper processes and go paperless with ease. Also works great with GlobalForms.
ConsYou can not secure done to the document when it comes to who can see certain documents. Like to keep things under one archive but control who can see what.
Kaye V.
Sec Rec
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“still learning”

OverallEase of access
ProsThe ease of filing. Easy to navigate. Easy to use . the ability to easily access information will be beneficial
ConsHow global forms work is a little tricky. Workflows and such are kind of hard as when we were sold the software, they didn't state this portion of it.
Tim D.
Systems Administrator
Automotive, 201-500 employees

“Easy Search Functions”

OverallAs I become more familiar with capabilities, we are growing the useage
ProsDomain user groups are easy to assign security. User can easily search and view documents. Documents can be set to print specific information.
Vi D.
AP Clerk
June 22, 2017

“The software is good but it lags a lot and there are some features and functions that I'm hoping for”

ProsConcept is great and you can customize everything yourself. Global Search looks good but Smart Search needs improvement. Customer service is great though!
ConsBoth Smart Search and Global Search are lagging and we've only been "on-line" for a few months. I'm concerned about how much slower the software will be as we add more and more invoices into the system.
Connie V.
IT Project Analyst
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
June 21, 2017

“Good product for basic document storage and organization, but has bugs that need to be worked out. ”

ProsPricing is reasonable, and support is responsive. Support is all based within the company, which is located in CT, and there are wait times posted online. They are easy to contact, and generally get back to you within the day. Since the company is small, you can be escalated through the support and dev teams rather quickly depending on the severity of your issue.
ConsInterface is clunky, and pushing updates company wide is not easy. Updates and hotfixes are frequent, but not advertised. You must request them. Additional modules implemented have not been successful. Base product is worth looking into for a small solution, but modules have not been reliable.
Amanda P.
Deputy Auditor
June 23, 2017

“transitioning from our old system to the new was a breeze”

Prosi love the key free technology. the ability to alphabetize the ability to make the screen pull up how many ever documents to fit our needs
Conswhen indexing we have to type alot of the same information in time and time again, it will not carry the previous info over to the next record for us to review and use.
Paul K.
Quality Manager
June 21, 2017

“Great product that allows us to digitally archive and access records from our multiple locations.”

ProsEase of use. Ease of set-up. Workflow design and functionality, especially email importing and barcode recognition. Both allow almost fully automated indexing functionality.
ConsWhen needed, technical support is difficult to reach when fast responses are needed to keep important business functions running that are depending on the software.
Sam H.
IT manager
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2017

“Compare to competitors versions, SmartSearch is very easy to manage and monitor.”

OverallEase of management compared to the old document management system. Have also received positive feedback from users.
ProsManagement of permissions is a snap with the SmartSearch client. Management is performed through the same client. Global forms has also may it easy for users to submit data while out of the office.
ConsManaging the product in the web client is a little clunky. However, we are still getting use to the management via web browser.
Carl W.
IT Administrator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2017

“Good and liked by my accounting team. Slow to get traction with other departments.”

OverallCleaned out the file room and easy to manage documents
ProsOnce it is setup it runs well. Easy to train users on. Flexible with document workflows and inbox tools
ConsUpgrades can be difficult as the client ans server need to be updated together and the client update need admin rights.
Mike W.
IT Tech
June 26, 2017

“Using GlobalSearch is an effective way of managing company documents.”

ProsThe UI is pretty simple to navigate and I love how it is able to collaborate with other software such as QuickBooks.
ConsSometimes the software becomes unresponsive while using it. However, that may be on us. Other than the common lock-ups, there is not much to it.
Rob W.
Software Engineer
Construction, 501-1000 employees
June 22, 2017

“Awesome document storage solution”

OverallAbility to archive and secure documents amongst our many departments and divisions.
ProsGlobal search is easy to use, is very user-friendly, and getting it setup and making modifications is straight forward.
Kimbelry J.
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
June 21, 2017

“It has been difficult to set up workflows and scripts for a complex muti company use”

ProsIntegration with our accounting software and the ability to search for documents with image exchange from another program
ConsArchive layout and audit trail is not very descriptive as to what was changed and by who on a document. Grids are not customization enough to be able to select sub accounts from our accounting software and combine them to create a complete GL account
Shelly R.
IT Help Desk Technician
June 26, 2017

“I am currently the admin for our facility with Square 9. It is very user friendly!! Love it!”

OverallThe ability to not have to store paper. The ability to share these docs among other departments easily. Standardization of workflow process across the entire organization.
ProsThe ability to access the software and add files, etc is very user friendly. It makes it very easy to train the end user.
ConsSome setup is a little cumbersome, but overall its very user friendly. Having to refresh manually or click off the folder and back on it again to see what changes were made, additions, etc.
Keith D.
VP, IT
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Square 9 GlobalSearch 4.5”

OverallWe are able to archive and search for all of our Accounts Payable invoices quickly and easily.
ProsThe ability to search for indexed and archived documents is fast and works well.
ConsThe implementation team needs better methodology when working with customers to configure the system.
November 20, 2018
11-50 employees
October 10, 2017

“Progressive web based EDM with lots of productivity features”

OverallIncreased visibility and reduction in data entry labor costs
ProsSupports both LAN desktop client and web browser for myraid of deployment options. Lots of covenience features such as KeyFree OCR assisted data entry, drag and drop email, Windows Explorer integration. Great price point for user adds and modules comparative to industry
ConsGlobalAction workflow engine is very powerful, but since its all query based, the layman may have trouble developing workflows
October 10, 2017
Laura H.
Financial Controller
Accounting, 11-50 employees
June 21, 2017

“a lot of work to get on board-but beautiful once it falls into place”

Overallease of finding workpapers
Prosease of look up. it allows us to go from our accounting software back to the workpapers that have been uploaded in paperless. i have worked with other paperless systems (M Files) and this system is like the "cadillac".
ConsA lot of planning and work beforehand. once you have in place it is beautiful to work in. the barcoding kick out is an issue, but we worked around it
Karla A.
Information System Support Specialist
Food & Beverages, 5001-10,000 employees

“Very Easy”

ProsSearch is quick, love how you can set up different search criteria s for different folders, you can let specific active directory users in specific folder and not allow them in other folders - really nice.
Quinn T.
HR Specialist
June 26, 2017

“Demos were customized to show items we were interested in”

ProsSimple to use and implement, easily manageable, ability to expand at our own rate inside our company, archive structure is similar to Windows Explorer so easy to teach to new users, but is also a lot easier to search
ConsReporting is not simple and intuitive - had to create own method to organize some information for reporting
Maura E.
Director of Health
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
June 30, 2017

“Square 9 Global search has helped us provide quicker answers to our customers”

OverallWe have just started using the program and we love it. When it is operating to full capacity we will be very excited.
ProsI'm not an IT person, but this program is simple and straightforward! It's not sophisticated but simple.
ConsViewing documents during the sorting process is challenging. The zoom in feature is difficult to maneuver.
Andrew D.
IT Director
June 26, 2017

“We use Global search for contract processing and our users are just now getting on board”

Prosease for users to understand, the search criteria is something we were able to design to match our previous archival system
ConsInitial setup "can be" a little difficult without a SQL user onboard. Moving a database can be an issue also however the support staff at Square9 are very adapt at helping
Darleen L.
Business Manager
June 22, 2017

“Great program for keeping electronic copies of invoices. Integrates great with QuickBooks”

ProsThe ability to store invoices electronically as well as getting approvals electronically so bills can be processed faster and cut down on paper consumption.
ConsThe need to open each approved invoices and send to QuickBooks. but this was fixed by adding the ability to check all and send to QuickBooks as a group
Barbara G.
Rebate Coordinator
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
June 23, 2017

“A lot of data entry - did not import our old documents automatically”

OverallI think that management has decided to go in another direction and we rarely use this software
ProsOnce documents are entered - it is very easy to search for information. The thumbnails add to the ease of searching
ConsThere didn't seem to be a way to enter fields just one time and then have it copy over for other documents
loren c.
CFO
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
July 12, 2017

“We are still learning how to use Square 9 at this time”

OverallWe are still evaluating how we will best use this software for our needs
ProsIt appears to be easy to add categories and has some flexibility in the workflows that can be set up. We are still learning how to use Square 9 & fully implement everything it offers so our positive comments are limited at this time
ConsWe had several issues on installation. Now that we finally got Square 9 up and running, we need to figure out how to best use it.
July 12, 2017