GUSTO Ratings

Overall

About GUSTO

Cloud-based POS system that enables multi-unit operators in food service industry to manage prices, discounts, taxes, and menu. Learn more about GUSTO

Lisa P.
HR, Payroll & Benefits Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2017

“Gusto for Payroll, HR, and Benefits”

OverallWe are a corporate partner, so we have a dedicated support team. Gusto has improved their service and their features immensely over the last year. Great product that we recommend to our clients!
ProsIncredibly user-friendly, easy to use, and cost-effective. Great value for the dollar. Much improved features and functions over the last year.
ConsVery simplistic reporting - can be tough to get used to if you're an experienced Payroll Manager. While there is a lot of self-service functionality, more advanced functions need to be escalated to support vs. DIY like on other platforms.
November 9, 2017
Kristen M.
regional manager
Accounting, 201-500 employees
December 21, 2018

“Easy to track HR benefits for employees!”

ProsEverything is at the employees fingertips in regard to their Human Resource benefits.
ConsI haven't found anything that I don't like.
December 21, 2018
Micah B.
CFO/COO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
April 9, 2018

“Gusto, the time saver!”

ProsWhere do I even start with the love I have for Gusto. They make payroll a breeze and file all the state taxes for you. The employee onboarding process is so simple, my employees rave about it all the time. Being able to manage my company's benefits through Gusto is a huge time saver. But, the thing I love most about Gusto is their customer service. The customer service chat function is wonderful, I get all my problems and questions resolved quickly.
ConsMy only real complaint would be some missing functionality that would make Gusto a little more user friendly. But, I think they are always adding more functionality to solve this issue.
April 9, 2018
monique r.
asset protection
June 21, 2018

“It is like having a payroll assistant right next to you”

OverallIf you need help with your payroll or anything that has to do with that this is the perfect software for you.
ProsThis software is similar to other programs that assist you with payroll and payroll reports and pay stubs but this one does the job for me over the rest. It has several options to help you take care of other different situations concerning different areas.
ConsI think it should not cost as much as it does for what it does maybe a smidgen lower but what do I know im sort of a penny pincher any way. Other than that it took some time for me to get use to using it, now im a pro
June 21, 2018
Tanya M.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
March 13, 2019

“Gusto Payroll”

OverallFor a small business I wanted something easy and simple to use and Gusto offered that to me at a reasonable rate.
ProsI love Gusto. It's easy to use and has all the functions that I need to run payroll for a small business. They seem to be on top of my states tax laws and security is taken seriously.
ConsSome of the functions are a little hard to navigate. Such as skipping payroll but once you know it's easy.
March 13, 2019
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
August 24, 2018

“Excellent payroll service”

ProsEasy to set up, easy to use, easy to maintain. Takes care of taxes and all the necessary state and federal filings and reports. Visually appealing, both on employer and employee side.
ConsPrice point might be a bit high for micro businesses (1-2 employees, smaller margins). Compared to other providers, it is not high at all, but at some point one may just choose to run payroll manually.
August 24, 2018
Kabir A.
Restaurants, Unspecified
July 16, 2016

“Amazing interface; very easy to learn;simplifies complicated functions”

ProsGusto designed the app based on our specific needs. The software is seamless and very user friendly
ConsI can't think of anything at this point. Gusto support team has been on top of things when it comes to minor bugs etc.
Recommendations to other buyersGusto is leaps and bounds ahead of dinosaurs like Micros or Aloha. Working on the cloud is the future
July 16, 2016
Amy P.
Bookkeeper
Retail, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2018

“Simple, easy to use, well-rounded set of features”

ProsThe user interface is second to none. It's simple, clear, and built for both admins and employees to be able to access records without much hunting and clicking around. The reporting is great, the automation is helpful, and it integrates with QuickBooks Online. I appreciate being able to track PTO.
ConsReally have not found much about the software that I dislike. I will say - not having access to support on the weekends can be slightly frustrating, as I often work during that time. But other than that I am really happy with it.
April 5, 2018
Mariah B.
Receptionist
Retail, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2017

“Best payroll software”

ProsThis product is great, it is so easy to use and is so affordable. I can customize it completely to fit our needs as a company
ConsThe only complaint I have is that you must allow four days for the direct deposit to hit, so you cannot run payroll the day before it is due like you can with other companies.
July 11, 2017
Mathew M.
Surgery Counselor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2018

“Gusto Makes It Easier”

ProsGusto does really make it easier to do most of the HR paperwork and payroll. As an employee, this has been the first payroll system I have ever taken the time to go through everything on their website
ConsI am having a hard time coming up with something about Gusto I don't like. The only thing I can think of is the lack of a dedicated app. However, they have a web app that works great through mobile.
January 9, 2018
Narie C.
Accounting Manager
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
March 29, 2019

“GUSTO - maybe not”

ProsIt's cheaper than other point of sales systems on the market.
ConsIt's glitch-y. If you have a button for a combo meal say: burger, fries, and a soda. You can't map the sale to say $5 food sales, $1 beverage sales and you're left with wonky COGS. You're put on hold for at least 15 minutes before you can speak to a customer service rep.
March 29, 2019
Kristen Z.
Vice President
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees
October 13, 2017

“Great for small businesses”

ProsVery easy to use software and they handle all tax-related reporting. I don't have to think about any of it.
ConsNone really ... not as robust for large companies, but fantastic and easy to use for small companies.
October 13, 2017
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Best payroll we've used”

OverallAwesome, we recommend it frequently!
ProsIncredibly easy to onboard new contractors or vendors. Beautiful and simple interface.
ConsDelay in processing the transaction. My guess is this is necessary both for banking regulations and possibly Gusto's own cash management.
November 27, 2018
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 16, 2018

“Gusto Payroll is easy to use and reliable”

OverallGusto has allowed me to payroll myself as a business owner and feel confident that all of the taxes are being taken out, and scheduled to submit come tax time.
ProsGusto for payroll is easy to use and to set up. It is very reasonable as far as pricing, and dependable. I like that it is integrated with Xero accounting.
ConsI would like more tutorials on how to use all of the functionality.
November 16, 2018
Makena S.
Assistant Preschool Teacher
Education Management, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2018

“Great for Payroll”

OverallMy experience with Gusto has been nothing less than great so far! I plan to keep using for a very long while!
Pros payroll comes through quickly (it's always in my bank account by the time I wake up for work every single payday!) direct deposit is always a plus gusto provides a paperless way to fill out your W2 forms & such gusto also provides descriptions on an example W2 form so you know you're filling it out correctly I receive an email letting me know I got paid every payday!
Cons I honestly, do not have any cons so far in using Gusto So far, so good!
November 20, 2018
Ron L.
CFO
Automotive, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2018

“New User to Gusto”

OverallI am not sure how this would scale to a large organization but in my experience this would work really well for up to 100 empoloyees
Prostook less than 15 minutes to setup. The QuickBooks integration actually works and the reporting module is pretty well layed out.
February 1, 2018
HUA Y.
Project manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
January 14, 2018

“Making HR a pleasant experience”

ProsCustomer service is friendly and always there. Product is easy to use and seamless. Never expected HR could be so easy.
ConsNeed to set up Benefits offline but I guess it's necessary to provide team customized plans and services.
January 14, 2018
Real Estate, Self-employed
May 20, 2019

“Didn't Deposit My Money”

ProsI like that, in theory, my employer can direct deposit my pay.
ConsIt didn't actually deposit my money. Its been weeks and I still have not been paid by Gusto even though my employer funded the deposit long ago.
May 20, 2019