DonorView Ratings

Overall

About DonorView

We help you remove the chaos of managing information in multiple systems by bringing everything into one, easy-to-use solution. Manage your donors, volunteers & members; create customizable donation & event forms; utilize peer to peer campaigns; run TEXT2GIVE campaigns ; send email campaigns; conduct online surveys; track your grants; quickly run queries and reports. We take it a step further with unlimited users, zero setup fee and outstanding customer service, all at one, low price. Learn more about DonorView

Maren G.
Administrative Director
Performing Arts, 1-10 employees
January 16, 2019

“Donorview was a HUGE upgrade from many systems into just one!”

OverallDonorview has made some great modifications based on our suggestions and has worked with us to create affordable personal solution when we really needed it. They are super quick and response to helping probelm-solve and understand the system.
ProsWe moved our database from a FileMaker system which was customized for us but was OLD and was housed on a harddrive instead of the cloud. Additionally, we used an email software, event software, an application/forms software and paypal and NONE of the programs talked to one another. All updates to the database were manual and time consuming. When we moved to Donorview it was such a breath of fresh air to have access to our database anytime/anywhere. Additionally, its exceptionally helpful to have purchases, events and donations associated with client records. We do a lot of events and the event software works flawlessly almost every single time. We also have been able to get creative with the forms/surveys function and recreate documents like waivers and applications in that system. Again, extremely helpful to have applications associated with records instead of having to manually update. Overall, we are so grateful to have a software that does pretty much everything we need it to do. We also appreciate the pricepoint for the amount of functionality that we have. We are a small non-profit so it was a good mid-range product that was accessible to us.
ConsDonorview has an incredible breadth of functionality that is hard to find all in one software. If you analyze any one of these features by itself (event ticketing, email marketing, surveys etc) there is a bit less functionality and is less user-friendly than if you paid for any of those items individuallyl on their own. (For example, our old ticketing software gave us a few more options and was a bit easier to set up) However, having all that functionality ALL in one place at an affordable price really makes up for those minor inconveniences. (Ex. Our old ticketing system did NOT talk to our database so we had to do waivers/tracking manually which was a real pain in the butt). Overall, it has been totally worth the switch. Also, Donorview seems to be very responsive to suggestions and ideas and as a young company seems to be trying to make constant improvements in their system based on feedback. I imagine that as feedback comes in user-friendlyness will just continue to improve!,
January 16, 2019
Erica D.
Special Projects' Manager
September 16, 2019

“It's brought us up to date!”

OverallOverall we love DonorView and it has been an excellent addition to the functionality of our organization.
ProsThe ease of using DonorView has completely helped our organization. It offers everything we needed such as tracking donations, membership, embedding forms onto our website, events, and SO much more. DonorView customized our entire database to fit our organization needs. It's like we have our own personal system that no one else has with all of the custom features DonorView created for us. Whenever we need changes, they do whatever we need with no fees to do so. We are incredibly grateful for how accommodating their customer service is as well. They always get back to us with any questions or requests to make changes to our account. Typically in less that 24 hours. It's great having such a great team to rely on to make sure our organization functions well.
ConsInitially getting the software there is a lot to learn with certain features. But, DonorView offers great help videos you can watch. If your questions aren't answered in the videos, their customer service is a great plan B and they always get back to you quickly.
September 16, 2019
Karen S.
Donations Coordination

“Makes my life easier ”

ProsI really like DonorView. There was a bit of a learning curve but you will have that with any new software. Any time I have questions or problems, they have been very quick to answer or to figure out what is causing the problem (and sometimes even letting me know that the problem is me). My biggest problem was figuring out the report function (I still have some problems but again I just send an email and they walk me through it). We looked at a few different options and by far this was the best deal around. I am very pleased with DonorView. In fact someone in our organization mentioned about maybe looking into changing software and I flat out told them that I like using donor view, it is very user friendly and if they decided to change it would be without me. That is how much I like using DonorView.
ConsWith our previous software our donors could be listed as a married couple but with DonorView (as with other softwares we looked) at each person is an individual and then put into a relationship. Not only did it significantly increase our donor base but it just didn't work for us so I ended up merging the married couples together to create one donor instead of two. It would have been nice to have that option of keeping them a married couple at the beginning of our conversion so that I wouldn't have had to do all the merging (which took quite a bit of time).
Taylor C.
Regional Director
November 6, 2018

“DonorView - The all in one software for non-profit organizations”

OverallWe work in the non-profit youth ministry sector and have locations across 8 different states. After maintaining a software that we created many years ago, we made a decision to get out of the software business and outsource all software to allow us to focus more on our mission as opposed to software management. All this being said, we spent a few years researching different software companies all to find that we were unable to find a company to fit all of our needs in one place. After visiting with a lot of the large and leading software companies in this industry, we came across DonorView which gave us the opportunity to find a company that had the different pieces of software we were looking for that was all under one roof like donor tracking/management, tracking leader to student interactions, event registration, email communication and much more.
ProsThe best part about DonorView for our organization is that it fills our need of being an all-in-one software that allows us to do donor tracking/processing/management, event registration, email communication, student and volunteer tracking, and much more.
ConsThe thing we like least about DonorView is that it is taking us a little while to get used to a new system and we have found things along the way that needed slight adjustments to make them work for our specific needs. Though this has been a small hurdle for our organization, DonorView has been very helpful in providing continued training and has been very willing to work with us to make the software work for us.
November 6, 2018
Missy G.
Database Administrator
June 6, 2017

“Great software - so much functionality, great quality for the price, excellent customer service.”

OverallWe are able to keep our database clean, consistent, and reliable. It is easy to use for all levels of experience and the capabilities of the software are enormous. We love how easily it syncs to our website as well as the ease of reporting to members of the staff.
ProsI just started using the software within the past year. It has been an easy transition and continues to be as I ask for help with certain areas and suggest improvements. I find the customer service team always timely and knowledgeable. I look forward to increasing my knowledge base with the software as I continue to use it and gain better use of the overall functionality. I appreciate all the time that the team has put into cleaning up our old data to make it work for DV.
ConsThe only suggestion for improvement would be to make the mail merge templating easier to use. I find it difficult to format a letter, especially because I have no experience with HTML. I would prefer to either copy and paste from Word with it working perfectly the first time. I feel as if I always have to do a trial run with a new letter and adjust accordingly.
June 6, 2017
Paul F.
Marketing Director
October 3, 2018

“A great concept but not ready for prime time”

OverallI'm not looking to switch away from DonorView, simply because it's better than the patchwork of applications we were using and it's in our budget as a non-profit. I'm still holding out hope that DV will start putting some investment into seriously improving their product for the end user, especially for power users who are responsible for maintaining enterprise data. If they don't, I'm worried that the company will go belly up. But for now, I'm sticking with it despite how frustrating the system is to actually use in the real world.
ProsThe idea behind DonorView is great. You keep everything in one place to get a 360-degree view of your constituents and replace all the various individual systems for email, web forms, payments, events, donor tracking, CRM, etc. And you do it at an affordable price. All these features are, in fact, in the system, which is wonderful. It's in the execution things start breaking down.
ConsWhen we signed on to DV over a year ago, I knew there were practical problems with the system but hoped they had an aggressive development team which would stay competitive by continually improving the product. By now, it's apparent that they do not have an aggressive development team and appear to be putting almost no effort into improving their product to stay competitive, which is frustrating for the user and makes us worried that the company may fail and leave us hanging. DV obviously doesn't use this system themselves, at least not in the full way it's intended to be used, or I'm sure the more glaring problems would have been solved by now. There is no power-user interface. You can only search for constituent records with a single string across all fields, for example, rather than being able to search for combinations of field values with wildcards. You lose your found set whenever you drill down - extremely frustrating. You cannot edit multiple records at once if you find a widespread problem (although DV will offer to write an ad hoc script for a fee). Constituents can create duplicate records without the system flagging that event for you. Couples with individual records can use a DV campaign page to donate as a couple, creating a third record, and there's no automated way to split that out to the pre-existing records. You can use a "Family" field to create households, but there's no way to tell the system that you want to mail to some of those households as a household (e.g. we have some donors who tell us they want a single mailer every time, yet they don't always donate, purchase, or volunteer as a couple, so there's no automated way to ensure that they get just one mailer - it has to be done manually every time). Also, the email "templates" are not templates, they're just saved emails. Actual templates would be so much easier to work with. DV has effectively locked down certain design choices by preventing override, which is a real pain when their choices are bad, such as a hard-to-read gray font - I had to go in and tinker with the code to stop the system from ignoring my commands to use a darker font. You can't create any conditional auto-completes (e.g. having all new constituent records within certain cities, ZIPs, and counties automatically fill in a Service Area field). The list goes on. In short, DV doesn't really pay attention to the needs of the actual user in the field and they don't seem at all focused on creating a superior product for the end user.
October 3, 2018
Aoife A.
Development Associate
July 7, 2017

“Fantastic! Meets a variety of needs for an enitre nonprofit!”

OverallHaving one database that performs the same functions as our previous three, it is extremely user friendly.
ProsSo far, myself and my organization has had a great experience with Donorview. The transition period was very simple from our old database since Donorview provided ample support and answered all of our questions and concerns over the transition while also merging our data very quickly. Whenever we have any questions or issues the support team quickly responds and helps resolve any issues. My team and I are always excited to see the new features and updates donorview creates as it is always bigger and better. Thank you to the donorview team for such an amazing diverse software!
ConsThe reporting is the part that we struggle the most with, it is not as robust as our old database so that has been a struggle in terms of acquiring donor retention reports with ease. I know that this will soon be an issue of the past as the software continues to develop.
Sarah L.
Marketing Manager
July 6, 2017

“Great Software + Awesome Staff!”

ProsThe thing I like most about Donor View is their quick and friendly customer support. Any question or issue that I have ever had over the past two years was able to be solved immediately. Their software makes it easy for us to manage multiple moving parts of our organization in one place. We are so grateful for the relationship that we have with Donor View and are looking forward to utilizing their software in even more complex ways in the coming year!
ConsI would like to see improvements on the Email and Social Marketing platform. Uploading images, resizing and changing fonts should be easier. I also would like to see it so that when being viewed on cell phones, it renders correctly and fonts are the right size. It would be nice to just drag and drop photos, crop and then have them be sized correctly. I use a program called Canva, which sizes photos really easily- I would like if your program mirrored theirs.
Sheryl B.
June 3, 2017

“Donorview has been a great software for our organization.”

OverallEverything is in one place. We were able to combine a few of our software programs into one.
ProsI like the great customer service. They are very responsive to our needs. We have been with Donorview for a few years. We are happy that they take our suggestions seriously and are able to add features to the software as we have needed them. It has been very helpful. We like Donorview because we were able to combine multiple softwares we were using and now just have one.
ConsI wish that we could use our current ACH provider for online donations. This would save us cost and additional paperwork.
June 3, 2017
Tomika G.
President & Founder
May 24, 2017

“Overall, so far so good. I like the software.”

ProsMy experience with Donorview has been fine. We still haven't fully learned all aspects of the software, or utilized it to its full capacity, which is a bit frustrating on our end because of the amount that we are investing. We are still a very small organization so it's essential that we get our bang for every buck utilized. I did find that some areas could be more user friendly, but that could just be a user issue... need to do more research/studying to better utilize the services.
ConsI honestly still need to delve into the system. I'm still not completely secure in my knowledge of utilizing all of the platforms and therefore still need to research and learn more. It would be nice if there were lower price points for smaller organizations, as the amount that we are investing in the software is a bit much. At the current moment that would be my only concern and feedback.
May 24, 2017
Robert F.
June 16, 2017

“When we started with Donor View they may not have had every feature we wanted, but EVERY time we mad”

OverallBetter service, good price.
ProsWe use the email customer service option. The promptness of reply on our requests is outstanding. They also offer a phone assist option but they do so good with email that the telephone response option is not necessary.
Cons you could provide our service for FREE, but other than not charging us (insert smiley face here) I do not think there is anything we wish you would do better.
June 16, 2017
Waddy T.
Managing Director
June 1, 2017

“DonorView makes CRM easy and affordable with very reasonable prices and great support staff.”

OverallBetter control of donor information
ProsThe DonorView support staff is first class. They go out of their way to get you what you need, even if it's not part of the normal package, and their response time is the fastest I've ever encountered. After learning a few ins and outs, the program itself is very easy to use. I do wish there were some standard "canned" reports rather than relying on expert knowledge in Excel to manipulate the data.
ConsAlthough DV has been extremely accommodating to my requests for additional fields, it would be wonderful it all fields from all tables could be available on any screen. This would allow various cross-tab reports that are so important to analyzing donor patterns.
Sarah P.
Development and Membership Manager
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
July 7, 2017

“Our experience with DonorView has been completely exceptional!”

OverallDonorView far surpasses our previous system for record keeping. In addition, it has allowed us to eliminate a variety of outside subscriptions because of its multi-faceted capabilities. Since implementing this software, we are more organized, which allows us to be more successful as an organization!
ProsThe database is extremely intuitive and user friendly which has made the process of transitioning that much easier. The staff at DonorView is amazing and provided immediate and thorough support for every question I threw their way. I will recommend to anyone I know!
Adale M.
no job title
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2017

“I use DonorView to track donations, pledges & event RSVPs for both one-time and on-going patrons.”

OverallI like the event campaign features.
ProsDonorView has a log of functionality that is customized to my organization's needs. The customer service is friendly and timely.
ConsI have a lot to learn about DonorView's functionality. I have records that are associated with an organization, but I also need to use the data to address individuals that are associated with the organization. This has been difficult to manage when I export the data to send correspondence to the organization/donors. As our donor base increases, this will be more difficult to decipher. DV charges 5% for online credit card transactions. This is higher than average. I am currently exploring other options for this functionality.
Sarah S.
Development Associate
June 1, 2017

“I have worked with Paradigm, Sage, and Donor Perfect. DonorView is my favorite software to date.”

OverallThis is very easy to use.
ProsI really like DonorView. It is a vast improvement over our previous donor software. The one thing I wish it could do better is filter more easily. Although, that may be a user error more than anything. However, anytime I have a problem or question, I get a helpful response very quickly.
ConsI wish that DV was easier to read on my mobile phone. It doesn't seem to be very mobile friendly to me, at least on my phone. I also wish that the mobile payment was set up for android.
Aubrey C.
Manager of Operations
October 4, 2018

“We Love Donorview”

OverallI have loved it. The customer service has been great, they answer my emails immediately. And it has simplified my life treamendously.
ProsThe versatility, I shopped around for months looking for something that would be able to fit my unique fundraiser. Donorview, while not super flashy like some of the others...checked every single one of my boxes. It has P2P, ticket sales, silent auction, text campaigne....tons of different features!
ConsI wish that we had paid more to get a full training up front. I'm positive that there are more features that I could have been using, but don't know of because I didn't have a formal training.
October 4, 2018
Maryanne C.
Director of Communications & Operations
July 14, 2017

“I find the functions of Donorview an excellent choice for our 501c3. It”

ProsIt has made donation recording and reporting so easy. I can manage our database easily and it's made doing mail out's much simpler. I can track who is opening and reading, how many times. The software is multifunctional and I like having all those options in one place. The support team are always quick to respond to any questions I might have. I'm still working hard on making full use of all that Donorview has to offer us.
ConsSome of the reports are not intuitive to run, I've had trouble getting out the reports that I wanted, also running out a mailing list. I know keep a master mailing list outside of donorview, and have to update that address list in two places. I've had some trouble building templates for marketing emails. I wish there were more variations on building blocks for emails.
July 14, 2017
Marvel W.
July 5, 2017

“Has more capability than we use. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of additional features.”

OverallDatabase management, reports generation
ProsThe functionality of the software for multiple purposes is appreciated. We can use it for more than just donor tracking.
ConsSome aspects are not intuitive. After struggling to figure how to do various tasks, we have found the help support to be quickly responsive, though.
Jennifer Y.
Development & Marketing Coordinator
June 5, 2017

“I've been very happy with DonorView. The program is user friendly and customer service is top notch.”

ProsDonorView is a one stop shop! CRM, email marketing, gift processing, event management all in one place.
ConsOne piece of DonorView that could use improvement is the email and social marketing templates. It is helpful to have the feature within the database but using it can be time-consuming as the program is a bit ,clunky.
Barry S.
Finance Assistant
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
July 6, 2017

“Nothing is perfect, but DonorView is close”

OverallWe were able to combine multiple databases by moving to DonorView. Also, we became more mobile with the cloud-based DonorView.
ProsDonorView provides a better service at a fair price when compared to our last software program we used for donations. The customer support is fantastic, they are fast to respond, always friendly, and rapidly solve problems.
ConsI do not like the high credit card processing fees. The learning curve has been a lot longer than expected.
Ericka A.
Marketing & Development Coordinator
July 6, 2017

“Great Product! Amazing customer service!”

OverallHaving our data in one place and so searchable. The reporting feature is fabulous and the peer to peer works well!
ProsWe've been live with Donor view for a couple of months but it's already made our event planning and execution so much easier. We also employed the peer to peer for our most recent fundraiser and it worked quite well, as both an administrator and user it was simple and effective. Not to mention it's the first time we've had all our data in one place, which is just awesome! I also can't say enough about the customer service! It's swift and always helpful.
Britleigh I.
July 12, 2017

“Donorview is user friendly and their customer support team is always there to answer questions.”

ProsEasy to use, has all of the features and functions that I require in a donor database, customer service is exceptional.
ConsThe software does not offer an ACH functionality directly through their website. You are able to link up to a different website and tie the two together, but I would rather not pay an additional fee for the functionality.
July 12, 2017
Emily E.
Dir. of Communications & Community Development
July 5, 2017

“DonorView a perfect fit”

ProsDonorView has been wonderful-- the customer service is some of the best I've ever encountered and the platform is exactly what we were looking for.
ConsThe email functionality is good, but not as user friendly as Constant Contact. It's worth it though, having all of our databases in one system.
Alyssia W.
Director of Development
July 5, 2017

“Great functionality, great customer service”

ProsDonorView offers a comprehensive platform with integrated functionality to capture donor data from gifts to events to email marketing. Great value for the cost and excellent customer service.
ConsThe front-facing online donation pages and email marketing template builders could be more user friendly.
Allison K.
Development
June 19, 2017

“DonorView is a very straight forward, easy product to use. ”

ProsHow you're able to customize how your data is inputted, the availability of certain fields. Also how you're able to sort information similar to an Excel file.
ConsIt would be great if the speed of Donorview could be increased. Often times it takes a while to load certain pages.
Angie W.
1-10 employees

“DonorView review”

ProsKeeps track of our donors and all their information, you can run reports, make reports into excel spreadsheet.
ConsSometimes it can be a little slow when you are putting in the information. I wish it had a prompt that would let you know if you have entered the same donor twice.
John C.
July 5, 2017

“DonorView has been perfect for our organization!”

OverallImproved relationships with constituents and increased knowledge of donor trends, etc. I am more informed about what is going on with our giving than I have ever been.
ProsAbout six months ago, I began searching for an affordable, easy-to-use, comprehensive donor database management software. I found all that and more in DonorView. I can enter and track donations easily. I can send custom, personalized emails to our constituents. I can send thank you notes to our donors. I have been more than pleased with DonorView. In fact, before I even began using this software, the staff took time to train me and have always been responsive to any questions that I might have. This has been the affordable, reliable option we were looking for!
Patty N.
Past Exec. Director
June 1, 2017

“Great to work with this company. This is the first donor management software we have purchased. ”

OverallGetting rid of trying to track donors and donations on an excel spreadsheet.
ProsVery easy to use. Love the reports generated from event management and peer-to-peer which are automatically sent. Appreciate that suggestions are readily accepted and software is continually updated.
ConsBetter communication when updates are made so that you are aware of what the new features are and how they work within the modules.
Julie A.
July 5, 2017

“Customer Support is amazing. Any question I ask, Daniel usually has an answer the same day.”

OverallFrom emails, to surveys, to donation forms and volunteer hours, this product is a great tool for our small non-profit.
ProsWhat I like most about DV is the sorting and reporting abilities. I love that I can export them into Excel immediately.
ConsMail merge is VERY slow when you have more than 10 letters to print. I usually just export to Excel and merge with my own Word Document.
Wendi R.
Founder/Chairman of the Board
July 5, 2017

“Most things are good. I find it's a long learning curve unless someone devotes all their time to lea”

ProsOverall we like the parts we have figured out but we are a long way from utilizing it as it's designed to be used. I think once we get there it will be more worth the money we are paying!
ConsI find it's a long learning curve unless someone devotes all their time to learning this. We were told that we could call in with any questions and we would be "hand walked" through the process. Sometimes we get hand walked through while at other times we seem to get put off and referred to a tutorial video. The issues we've had so far are just trying to master the functions of the software without it taking up hours upon hours of operating time from the two or three people trying to use it.
Melissa S.
Marketing & Fundraising Manager
June 1, 2017

“Reliable, Flexible and Attractive is the best way to describe our experience with DonorView”

OverallIt's an easy one stop shop for our donors to our database that we can review.
ProsAs we were debating to start our relationship with DonorView, all of the staff have been so hands on with our questions, concerns and excitements about finally having a database system that we can control and also rely on. When we have a question, we receive answers within minutes so that is crucial to our busy schedules. We love the flexibility DonorView gives us, but the reliability with all of the contacts that is in the system.
Sam S.
Director of Admissions & Development
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2017

“Extremely easy to use, and great customer service from the folks at DonorView!”

ProsWe transitioned from Excel spreadsheets to DonorView, and the support staff made the transition very easy and it's been extremely helpful having the ability to generate reports and build historical data.
ConsThere have been one or two technical glitches we've had, but the support staff has been extremely helpful.
July 10, 2017
September 18, 2018

“Great tool for donor management”

OverallSo far my experience has been good, although I ultimately decided to use another software long term.
ProsEasy to track donor contact information, giving history, reporting, and other valuable data
ConsIt took me some time to understand how to use the software and I've had some technical issues with it, but nothing that technical support could not handle
September 18, 2018
Eleanor A.
June 7, 2017

“Exceptional Customer Support”

OverallNecessary tracking of donor activity
ProsThis is an extremely busy nonprofit. Knowing I can depend on DonorView to help me quickly get information I need to track and grow our financial support makes them a huge asset to our fundraising efforts. The support staff is fantastic!!!
ConsWhile your customer service is outstanding clearer (more detailed) step-by-step instructions would be appreciated. I have spent a lot of time on little things such as not being able to test the swipers.
June 7, 2017
Angelica D.
Assistant Director
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
October 22, 2018

“Donorview for small history sites”

OverallGreat customer service and experience thus far.
ProsThat it is intuitive with membership and donation functions.
ConsNot able to attach images and documents like a regular email in email campaigns. But this is still functional.
October 22, 2018
Gwen P.
December 28, 2017

“A Stand Out Among the Many”

ProsEasy to use. Help resources available in text and videos. Support team responds immediately. Never feel unsupported. Features suit non-profits and they implement new ones to meet the needs of such entities, such as the new Silent Auction app.
ConsWish it worked with Safari/Mac better. Unable to delete more than one constituent record at a time, but support was willing to assist.
December 28, 2017
March 5, 2018

“Just switched and am enjoying an easier and more integrated system. ”

OverallI got a more comprehensive system for equal or less money. Got more stuff than I had with my old system, such as the donor pages, and the donor portal. It is much more visually pleasing and can manage grants much better.
ProsReporting is easier, visuals are nicer, grant management is great. Excited to use the peer to peer system. Its very comprehensive and you don't have to pay extra to add all the components.
ConsThe only thing I don't like is that you can't upload a template to be mail merged. Maybe they'll fix that soon!
March 5, 2018
Trisha P.
Marketing & Fund Development
December 7, 2017

“Donor View has been extremely beneficial for our non-profit organization.”

OverallThis software has allowed our organization to pull several different processes (Mail Chimp, Event Brite, Pay Pal, Stripe, Access database, Excel spreadsheets, etc.) into just one program. It is saving us time, which in turn saves us money. It is helping us be more efficient, which leads to more productivity.
ProsEase of use. Donor View implementation team has been very helpful and made the transition process easy.
ConsAutomatic billing. We would prefer to receive an electronic invoice, review it, contact the company with any discrepancies, and then pay as we wish.
December 7, 2017
Kim F.
Manager of Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, Unspecified
August 8, 2017

“Broad, dynamic system, excellent / responsive customer support.”

ProsIt allows me to capture a great deal of information about our clients and package it in a variety of different ways. Has a breadth of services so provides a more one stop shop from integrating with our website to receive payments, customer tracking, email campaigns and analysis.
ConsIsn't easy to track some date specific events (partner renewal dates). To be honest, many of my issues have been answered or are on the radar of the development team.
August 8, 2017
Adina B.
Membership & Development
June 19, 2017

“Great staff, great software. ”

ProsDonorView is so easy to use, and being able to manage all aspects of our fundraising operation through one single platform keeps things running smoothly. Most of all I appreciate how quickly the support team responds to all requests & questions!
ConsI'd like to be able to have more control when customizing forms (membership, events, donations, etc.) and find that sometimes the system can move slowly.
Jim K.
National Account Executive
Paper & Forest Products, 501-1000 employees
April 19, 2018

“I have no idea how we'd be doing this without DonorView. ”

OverallIt's a single repository for everything. Spreadsheets and e-mail are no longer acceptable when a tool like this is available.
ProsDonorView is a single repository for everything. Spreadsheets and e-mail are no longer acceptable when a tool like this is available.
ConsThe e-mail newsletter functionality is a little querky. The resulting messages appear very different with different browsers.
April 19, 2018
Lawren D.
Exec. Director
June 5, 2017

“Good software with few issues - Great customer support!”

ProsI've been pleased with Donorview - my issue is just not enough time on my end to really get into all the components of Donorview. I love the events pages but wish the mail merge templates could be more design and user friendly. Customer support is stellar!
ConsThe only thing I would improve upon are the printed letter templates - just jazz them up and make them easier to modify/edit.
Ashley D.
Administrative Director
April 17, 2018

“We love DonorView. The customer support is phenomenal and we were able to combine 5 different progra”

ProsIt is great that we are able to customize all of our reports and we also love the amount of detail we can add to our constituent profiles. I would definitely recommend this product.
ConsI would like to be able to pull cumulative giving in a report. Their email customization can be very glitchy.
April 17, 2018
Naomi L.
development director
December 13, 2018

“THIS IS A SCAM”

OverallTerrible donor management system.
Prosits cheap and their customer service is good. That's it. On the surface it seems great. But once you start using it, you notice how much is bad about it and how much better other systems are.
ConsThis is a terrible system. I could tell you all the things wrong with it but instead I'll just highly advise you to pick another system. There are many others that are so much better.
December 13, 2018
Jennifer B.
November 9, 2017

“DonorView Customer service was excellent. They were prompt with answering questions and e-mails. ”

OverallWe are only now getting started on this software but I envision being able to have a better picture of our big donors verses small donors and using this for sponsorships and to build better and more relationships overall with our donor base. We are excited about the peer to peer sharing for donations/sponsorships as well.
ProsThe customer service that came with this software was great. Being a nonprofit without a great deal of Tech training we found this software to be user friendly and easy to navigate.
ConsTrying to get all of our data to fit under the amount needed for the lesser cost. We had 9 years worth of donor information and a tight budget so we only converted over 4 years worth to keep our records under the specific criteria in cost.
November 9, 2017
Kathleen S.
Development assistant
August 23, 2017

“Given time it is easy to very the hang of the software and can be worth the money.”

ProsThe customer service is very good. They respond very quickly. All the services that they provide are also nice.
ConsSome of the features are hard to figure out how to use like when building the mail merge templates or email templates.
August 23, 2017
Kate P.
June 5, 2017

“DonorView is a great way for non-profits to collect donor information and keep it in succinct ”

ProsI appreciate how quickly the customer service employees respond to questions and guide new users on how the features and functions work.
ConsRight now, I am still learning how to use all the functions and it takes a long time to complete a simple task.
Zoe T.
Volunteer and Development Coordinator
June 1, 2017

“Overall, we are very satisfied with DonorView.”

ProsThe customer service at DonorView is great! The platform is easy to use with very intuitive search features and clear menus. The event setup is a breeze. And the newsletter feature works pretty well.
ConsThe only difficulty I have is with running reports, which requires a bit more effort :) Overall, we are very satisfied with DonorView. The reporting piece of DonorView requires additional knowledge of pivot tables, which we find time consuming to learn in order to run simple reports. It would be ideal to have a software within DonorView to run all the reports we need, rather than using outside tools.
Yvonne L.
Executive Assistant
June 2, 2017

“Very user friendly. Easy to learn.”

ProsI love the filter and columns you can sort by. Multiple functions you can use it for! The letter templates are awesome.
Kim G.
June 22, 2017

“ Great for our organization!”

ProsUsing DonorView has been great for our organization! It has increased the amount of information we can efficiently and effectively manage with our extremely small staff.
ConsUnfortunately, we haven't delved into the software enough to know what y'all could do better. I suppose the only thing that I might recommend would be to follow up with new members after the online trainings to solicit any lingering questions they might have.
June 22, 2017