Gigwell Ratings

Overall
4.1/5
4.8/5

About Gigwell

Gigwell goes beyond just booking. We provide the world's leading artists & booking agencies with the tools needed to maximize revenue, time & efficiency. We've helped thousands of touring artists expand their reach, streamline their booking processes & track ticket sales. Gigwell is the first cloud-based booking platform that integrates end-to-end workflow automation for artists, booking agencies, and event organizers. Learn more about Gigwell

Maryl F.
Director of Operations
Performing Arts, 1-10 employees
December 15, 2017

“Amazing capabilities, needs some work on primary function”

OverallThis is a robust software that is perfect for any growing agency, it will streamline many areas for a growing company and will allow you to offer clean reports and numbers at a glance as to where you are with bookings and what last year/month/etc. looked like. I feel like as an active user and decision maker on systems in our company and industry, I would like it if I felt more "in the know" on how to best use the new roll outs, features, etc. I follow your videos and find you guys SO responsive and helpful, but I would love to have a group of other industry professionals that are using Gigwell to have a forum to discuss issues, how we are using it etc.
ProsI love that I can pull all of my data in one report. I love that I can easily see a calendar with all of our upcoming engagements and share this with our artists and our embed it in our website.
ConsA MAJOR setback for us in using Gigwell fully is the inability to make changes to a contract that has gone to a venue, without the ability to negotiate points on the contract through the system, we are unable to contract through the system and do this completely outside of the system. This is HUGE and a primary part of the venue/artist/agent contracting process. Because we are lacking this step our engagements are never registered in the correct status which confuses the artist and has lost our staff in relying on Gigwell as the correct source of information on contract status. I can not stress how important it is for us to have a way to communicate with presenter directly in Gigwell regarding contract changes. While I love the export feature and use it about 10 times a day, I really wish I could customize which columns I to pull, it would save so much editing on the excel document. I also wish we were able to add more contacts on a booking so it was easy for the whole team to know every personnel we are working from programming, technical, education, marketing, to security. Currently our team is using too many work arounds to bypass these issues and I fear it will cause the company to look for another platform to better suit our needs.
December 15, 2017
William Malachai J.
Owner/Agent
December 11, 2017

“Awesome concept. Awesome support. Still needs some work on execution.”

OverallMakes keeping up with contract signatures and deposits much easier.
ProsThey keep improving, which is awesome. The support staff is amazing. The automatic reminders for past due contracts and deposits is awesome. Now that I've finally gotten the custom contract the way I want it, It's great. I love that I can see all the communication with the buyer about that particular show all in one place. I like the quick search and filtering options. I love the integration with Google Calendar and Bandsintown. I like the analytics page although it'd be great to see it beefed up a bit with the ability to generate reports. Adding Google Places was the best thing ever!
ConsToo many clicks to create a contract. With all of the jumping around from one tab to the next, it's easy to forget something and not realize until you've created the contract.. If it was all in one view, you could look at what you're inputting as one whole document. Adding the "logistics" options is great, but would be better if we could add them in the place where similar info resides (i.e. I have an option for "who sells merch", but it's not in the same place as where I input the merch %, so I always forget it and have to go back). Seems like I should be able to have an assistant login instead of having to pay for a whole membership. The biggest thing I'd love to see is an invoicing feature for Artist Payments. Something similar to Freshbooks, where I can send a branded "invoice" to each Artist at the end of the accounting period and it will show whether they owe me, or I owe them.
Dena B.
December 7, 2017

“I absolutely LOVE gigwell! I love the features and the support but the learn curve has been steep.”

OverallEase of contracts. Ease of getting paid. Once the program is learned, ease of booking. The multiple options makes it so easy to be clear with clients what they are booking and how the deal is being crafted.
ProsI love the ease of contracts now, especially your ability to sign and get paid with just the push of a button. The tech support is stellar. Our rep is Antonio and I think he a member of my family now. It's like having in-house support for this software. Antonio has also worked with us to customize our website contact cells so we get the information we need right from the start. The color coded process that's used to tell you where you are in the booking process has also been helpful to stay on top of gigs, know when deposits are due and help move the gigs through the process.
ConsThe learning curve has been steep for me mostly when customizing the contracts for our needs. We have a number of different types of gigs we book and making the changes to the templates has been a pain but in the long run I know it will make us very efficient. BUT, as I said, the tech support has been phenomenal and has made learning the system much less difficult. I would like to see more tutorials so I can learn the system at my pace.
December 7, 2017
Kevin G.
December 5, 2017

“Very simple to use, great layout and aesthetics, AMAZING technical support”

OverallThe ability to keep all confirmed shows in one database that's easy to use. I can track progress for my clients, see the shows I have coming up, and record payments. So easy to generate contracts.
ProsThe technical support is amazing from the rep. There are so many features and ways to fine tune things that it can be a bit overwhelming or confusing. Rep is always there to quickly and easily help me fix my problem. On a related note I love how you can personalize Gigwell so much.
ConsThere seem to be a few glitches with transferring information from the booking screen to contracts. Also Some of the information on the booking screen doesn't always transfer to the contracts. Using the variables can be a bit confusing sometimes, although the excellent customer support always fixes that.
Jessie H.
Booking Agent
December 5, 2017

“So happy with this service can't imagine life without it”

OverallStreamline booking process, better organization, better workflow.
ProsGigwell had made my life so much easier. They simplified the booking process, made it easy to accept payments, keep track of bookings, organize logistics, and send contracts. The customer support from gigwell is amazing and always available to help. Their whole team is helpful if you get stuck on something and really great with helping you learn the software when your still learning. Always recommend this product to my peers :)
Marc K.
General Manager / Senior Tour Agent
July 22, 2019

“Gigwell Rocks”

OverallThe staff at Gigwell rock. The customer support specialist is absolutely amazing. He is attentive, patient and always finds a solution to any issue. I just wish they had phone support and 10 more representatives.
Pros*Love that it's web based so that all my team members can utilize the program from their local work locations *Love the itinerary functions *Love that you can issue out receipts for payments posted to buyers *Love that it integrates into google calendars
ConsBecause of its flexibility and enormous power, it seemed a little overwhelming and complicated at first. But once you get an understanding and use it daily, it gets easier.
July 22, 2019
Jason M.
December 11, 2017

“Simplifies the contracting process. ”

OverallWe used to have someone on staff whose primary job was to handle contracts and deposits. With this software, we've been able to replace that position with agents who can manage their own contracts and bring in more revenue.
ProsThe interface is easy to navigate and customer support response is top notch. I think the only thing keeping this from being an all-in-one platform is having a CRM product.
ConsI think we run into more bugs with the software than we should. There are times were I feel like I'm talking to customer support a little too regularly. I would also like having more direct control over what artists can see on their accounts rather than needing to go through customer support to set permission level.
December 5, 2017

“Antonio & Glade are awesome to work with. They are part of my team to make things happen!”

ProsI enjoy the contract management and automation. Saves a lot of time. The invoicing is easy and helps me keep track of payments.
ConsWould like the CRM to be more. Would like to send single invoices not attached to deals. Would like to track merch better. Have a way to send messages to some people on the artist tab instead of all of them.
December 5, 2017

“An enjoyable experience that has boosted productivity through an efficient, sleek looking interface”

OverallAn efficient, productive team who enjoy their work
ProsThe team and I love the dashboard - it's easy to use and stores everything relative to bookings. The ability to have only bookings at particular stages of the bookings process is very useful.
ConsIt's lack of cross-market functionality. As an Australian company there a few features which would be useful to the Australian market including specific door deal splits, production supplies (as not all promoters provide full backline)
Caroline H.
Booking Agency Director.
December 13, 2017

“Trying Gig-Well was my first foray into using a booking software and I'm glad I did.”

ProsTheir customer service is outstanding first and foremost. Secondly, using the basic software for my contracts and invoices has saved so much time in my average day.
ConsI never feel that the search engine is working 100% correctly and there are still some functions that need adding.
December 13, 2017
Events Services, 11-50 employees

“Efficient and reliable”

ProsIt helps me to move through my deal flow with minimal friction without things falling through the cracks.
ConsThere are aspects that don't quite fit my workflow, and I'd like to be able to customize some of the functionality a bit more. This is largely because there is no API's that allow developers on our end to create a more robust experience by utilizing API's that Gigwell could offer.
Jason M.

“Absolutely love it!”

OverallEasy to set up profiles. Gigstream that can be customerised for each venue or artist. Roster flows out to everywhere previously set up.
ProsI love that I can very quickly set up a profile and it automatically flows out to the everywhere such website and facebook etc. I love that you listen to our feedback and make updates which make our lives heaps easier.
ConsWould like the gigstream photo to link to the artist profile. Would like to be able to invoice the artist for our 10% commission. This is probably just for the Australian market
December 11, 2017

“Great! it changes my way to work.”

ProsContracts, booking form and integration in GCal, Of course, customer support is fantastic. Hello sign integration also.
ConsMobile app, It would be perfect if it can be impproved and allow you to do more things. Also more info in the Gcal when the gig is tentative and maybe put H: instead of tentative and C: instead of confirmed.
Jacque P.
Band Manager
November 20, 2018

“Great Overall Booking Solution”

OverallIt has automated many of our functions. Not quite perfect, but definitely great to have.
ProsLove the fact that the entire process is all online. This greatly assists with getting contracts signed, returned & invoices paid on a timely basis.
ConsIt needs to include a CRM system as well. This way all communication can be tracked from beginning of the sales process (lead emails, etc.) through event management (vendor/client communication) the end (feedback, referrals). It also doesn't allow you to send info to all the parties involved (artist, sound, lighting, staging, venue, client (planner, accounting), etc.) Each person needs different info and we should be able to send that with a stroke of a key without having to reformat every time.
November 20, 2018
Marc W.

“We are delighted!”

OverallWould be difficult to run this business without Gigwell
ProsI came from an agency where we used our own (VERY EXPENSIVE!) proprietary software. When I researched several other solutions from around the world and even went through the demos....I decided on Gigwell. I haven't been disappointed. It's been a complete delight from signup to implementation to support....the Gigwell team has been stellar. I can't say enough good things about them and I recommend them to everyone who may have a need for this kind of software.
ConsThere were a couple of features that we would have liked to see in the software, but before we could mention it....Gigwell had already added those features. It's like they could read our minds.
Celeste D.
December 14, 2017

“I am an advocate for this software. It has truly made life easier for managing bookings. ”

ProsI love the analytics and the ability to plug the dates right into your website. The booking form is also extremely helpful for the purchaser.
ConsThe invoice creation piece. It just seems not as easy to use as the one before. Creating contacts could be a little less confusing. It might just be me.
Annabel H.
Accounts

“Accountant review ”

OverallGigwell is going well so far, just needs a few things fixed from accounts end - e.g settlement reports for artists - displaying the fee when hovering over the gig would be really helpful also
ProsThe look of the interface, the functions when putting deductions in for artists. Recording payments so it can go straight in to be settled for that artist.
ConsInvoicing, as we send a lot of invoices, it does not work as well as an accounting system e.g xero.
KAREN C.
Booking Manager
July 1, 2019

“Excellent Customer Service”

OverallIts been mostly great, good customer service, constant webinars, good insight about events in each country which is really helpful.
ProsCustomer Service is really one of the most things we like about the software. Also booking procedures make things a lot more professional on a starup company.
ConsSometime it crashes a little bit and changes seem to take a little extra time to adjust properly.
July 1, 2019
M. Blaise P.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
August 3, 2018

“GigWell”

OverallThis is very useful software platform for Agents and Bands. It has tons of capabilities that streamline the booking process and helps me work more efficiently.
ProsI love the functions and capability of this software. The staff at Gigwell are 2nd to None. They are extremely helpful and very open to assisting anytime.
ConsI don't have any complaints at all so far ... Its been great!
August 3, 2018
December 5, 2017

“So far, so good! I am still relatively new but am enjoying the program so far. ”

ProsI like that it is linked with many websites and can pull an artist from a Facebook page or a venue contact from google. It makes things quicker and easier. I love that the booking form can be posted online and then the information that is filled in automatically is used to populate a contract. I also think the customer service is probably the best I have had for any program!
ConsThe one thing I am not a huge fan of is how 'strict' the inputting of certain information is and that I need customer service to reformat some templates in order to display information in a slightly different way. Maybe a little more flexibility on certain scheduling/multiple dates type information.
Bryan M.
August 25, 2019

“Amazing Software”

OverallExcellent customer service and great product!
ProsThis software is amazing because not only does it simplify receiving payments from clients, it simplifies the contracting process and organizes buyers and artists in one database.
ConsThere are a few features that I'm hoping the team will build into the functionality.
August 25, 2019
MIchael T.
Agency owner
April 24, 2018

“Just starting actually, but the concept is what we need.”

OverallOrganization and smarter work flow mostly.
ProsThe advanced modern coding of the software in general. It has "most" of the bases covered and is well thought out.
Cons1) Needs to have 2 contract systems, one for the venue and one for the act. 2) Needs Quickbooks integration - if not we will never use the invoicing features as the rest of our accounting is is Quickbooks. 3) We need a Pre-closed deal category. Not a full sales manager, but I need to enter in deals sometimes before they actually close. Currently I have to use a sperate sales manager, then re-enter all that info once the deal closes. This is almost enough to make me want to just stick with Pipedrive. Other than those crucial missing features, I LOVE Gigwell.
Keith M.
Managing Director
Events Services, 1-10 employees
June 17, 2019

“Great team and product ”

OverallThe product is so robust and flexible but the best part is the team, no matter what the problem they are so helpful and easy to deal with.
ProsThe support team are beyond amazing, so helpful
ConsThe progress of the actual document creation is a little confusing and could help with a progress bar or charting, maybe with prompted steps
Suzy F.
April 24, 2018

“Once set up this software makes contracting a breeze!”

OverallComposing contracts is so much easier and the options are endless and can be personalized.
ProsI love that this software has pretty much thought of everything and if they don't have it, it's usually in the process. The customer support is quick to respond and very patient with my silly questions.
ConsIt has a bit of a learning curve because there are so many options but once I got in there and started using it I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I would like to see Venmo a payment option. I find that many clients prefer to send a check snail mail to avoid the fees associated with payment options offered and this slows the whole process down.
Robert R.
Booking Agent
December 5, 2017

“Unparalleled customer service for a fantastic product. ”

ProsEase of use. Interface. Increases productivity. Integration with other third party products. Oustanding customer service.
ConsThe price is a bit more that most independent agents and artists can probably afford. A few minor bugs.
Gaetan L.
DJ

“EASY, MODERN”

ProsGig well is the perfect tool to manage these events, very intutitive, customizable, it allows a huge saving of time
ConsSometimes a load a little long on the generation of a contract. A version in French for simplicity?
Justin R.
November 16, 2018

“Great Platform”

OverallTime saving software!
ProsI love the Book gigwell, helps me stay organized.
ConsI am saddened that the Discovery is somewhat very out dated when it comes to emails and venues.
November 16, 2018
David S.

“Great Program”

ProsIt is incredibly user friendly and intuitive.
ConsI have not found any issues as of yet. They are very responsive and helped personalize the program to fit my needs.
PHILIP S.
June 21, 2019

“Must have program ”

ProsTour IQ hands down but also the fact the program sends contracts
Consnothing that I can think of been an amazing experience
June 21, 2019
July 31, 2018

“Great Product & Service”

OverallBeing new to the booking world, Gigwell's product overall has helped make the learning process a lot easier.
ProsOverall great product and even better customer service!
ConsWish there were more features. But after talking with Gigwell team, sounds like many new features will be available soon.
Anthony N.
June 25, 2019

“Gigwell Awesomeness”

OverallGetting my contracts set in place has been amazing. The staff is super nice too. Embedding my artists and bookings into one location has never been easier and I look forward to more features.
ProsThe Gigwell software is very easy to use once you get the hang of it. The customer service may take a while to get a response but once they respond it I'd very quick and accurate to handle your needs. I can't speak highly enough about how amazing all of the products are. 11 of 10.
ConsResponse time from customer service, can sometimes take hours for a response but once they respond it is quick and accurate.
June 25, 2019
Manuel M.

“Price”

OverallDecent platform for people new to the business.
ProsContracts made easy. Information for clients
ConsPrices is obsessive. Not great value for what you get.
Alberto R.
Marketing
Events Services, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2019

“Problems to normal function ”

OverallI have just start and is a problem the time schedule with Europe due my working hours they are not available. And problems to integrate in website due the code.
ProsI really like how is organize the work but I really have problems to implement the code in website and visual options in presentation can be better. Very good tools for team work but very expensive to implement into a team
ConsProblems to add code to website and difference of hours for assistance
July 10, 2019
Ben P.

“Gigwell Review”

OverallI have struggled to use it to its full potential
ProsConcise contract and payment management. Prompt customer service
ConsSteep learning curve, and bit a new style for me to learn. Remote learning van be challenging for me.
Performing Arts, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2018

“It's getting there”

OverallIt's ok, not great. But with some serious work updating and adding new venues, it could be fantastic.
ProsI like being able to search within ranges of cities. It's excellent for filling in days on a tour that's already routing.
ConsThere are a lot of out of date listings: places that have closed down and contact information that is no longer valid. There isn't a large variety of venues. An overwhelming number of venues are coffee houses and bars, which are not appropriate for many shows.
August 8, 2018
Jacob K.
Booking/Management
Performing Arts, Self-employed

“Gigwell Review”

ProsThe thing I like most about Gigwell is the ability to issue Contracts with ease.
ConsThe thing I like least about the software is the price. I think it's a bit high, but still worth it.
Len C.

“MSE Review”

ProsEasy to manufacture contracts, easy assistance from staff
Consa bit of a clunky layout, itins not super easy to add info
Katlin M.
Musician
April 30, 2018

“Great service, limited results in Canada”

ProsThe customer service and friendly staff are fantastic about answering questions. I bet support would be wonderful as well.
ConsThere is very limited venues and festivals in Canada. Quite a few venues are either out of date or severely limited.
April 30, 2018
Paris T.
Owner/ President
June 18, 2019

“Awesome”

OverallA great business
ProsEverything and most definitely the software itself
ConsThe program had everything you need for your artists and managers
June 18, 2019
Domingo C.
Artist
August 6, 2018

“Great platform! (Tour IQ)”

OverallGreat management platforms, customer service and value!
ProsEasy to use and navigate, lots of features.
ConsDatabases are not segmented and omits entries on queries (Tour IQ).