Unitdash Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.8/5

About Unitdash

A free to use rental property management software loaded with features including online payments, tenant screening, lease management, and more. We offer a free Tenant Portal for your tenants to pay online via credit card or ACH. Our property owner portal gives your owners visibility into their properties. Our automated flows lessen your workload and ultimately delivers a great solution. Learn more about Unitdash

Chris A.
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 3, 2018

“Updating previous review - I love this company!”

OverallEverything exceeds expectations. The app is constantly making our lives easier and the support is unbelievable. Their prices are so cheap that everyone should be using the Pro version! It's worth it!!
ProsMy previous review listed a bunch of features that I wanted to make Unitdash integrate with our current workflow seamlessly. Short version: I asked and they delivered! Then they added even more! They answer support tickets faster than anyone I've ever encountered, and they truly want to help whether it be fixing an issue or adding random features. To top it off, they're good at what they do. Everything works as it should, and I couldn't find anything to complain about if I tried. You get 10x your money's worth, especially when managing multiple properties. Just reminding you, Unitdash integrated or created EVERYTHING I asked for previously in an unbelievable amount of time. I know I'm not special, so they treat everyone like this! If only every company would learn from them! They're the best.
ConsI can't think of anything. Not one thing.
August 3, 2018
Pradeepan V.
General Manager

“Fantastic”

OverallAbility to manage property Ability to give access to owner portal Online reports
ProsWhat I really love about this product is the team behind it. What good a product is without a strong support , leadership and technical team. I have given few feature recommendations and the team was able to quickly take care of it. I mean come on this product is free( atleast for now) and I am proud to be an early adopter. Industry has so many such products but this product has so much potential to be an industry leader one day.
ConsIts still a new product. Needs to be tested more by the users to identify potential flaws and requirements. One of the things I felt missing was the ability to generate statements with revenue and expenses which can be shared with the property manager. I did give this feedback to the team and they were quickly to jump into taking care of it in near future. Also one more thing that is missing in my opinion is the ability to add other payment providers( paypal, direct ACH to bank without any third party etc)
Todd G.
Property Manager
January 16, 2018

“Amazing customer service!”

ProsI really like the ease of learning this software. It was super simple. Also, whenever I ran into an obstacle I was able to get support almost immediately! Truly impressed with this software! I also love the tenant portal. It makes it so easy for them to see their account transactions, important documents, etc.
ConsIt would be nice to have a function that incorporates forms, inspections, etc into the software. From this you could have the ability to electronically sign documents (similar to Docusign) and then put them on the tenant's portal, making the business completely paperless. It would also be nice to create full leases in the software, from your own template, that again can be signed electronically. Also, being Canadian it would be nice to have a way to do payments, as Stripe (to my knowledge) does not do Canadian transactions.

By Unitdash on January 19, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review Unitdash, Todd. Stripe does support Canada, thus you should be able to accept online payments. We will reach out to you regarding your feature requests.
January 16, 2018
Janani G.
January 22, 2018

“Fantastic software for landlords and property management companies. ”

OverallFree landlord and property management software- What else can you ask for!
ProsBest part is this product is truly free and their customer service is beyond exceptional. They work very hard on improving their software, always willing to listen to customer's feedback and respond in a very fast manner on the questions. I have given few improvement ideas and they have worked on it on priority. Very useful and competitive software available in the market. I use it almost on a weekly basis without any errors or issues( when I do most of it is because I dont understand a feature or something which they quickly let me know how it works through their chat system.
ConsWhile they have a income and expense statement pdf they should make it little bit more nicer similar to app folio. Reports are very basic including statements. Perhaps look at what the competition features look like and try to benchmark against them.
mary m.
secretary
May 14, 2018

“Unitdash had been great for keeping track of everything going on at my properties. ”

OverallIt's a great way to keep track of everything you have going on, making it easy to manage your properties. I also really like the email and text message feature, which I hope to use more of in the future.
ProsI love being able to keep track of rent and work orders in one program. Being able to sign in on any computer want to is also great. I can check my property information on my home and work computers.
ConsIt took me a little while to get the hang of how to input information, but once I figured it out everything went very smooth.
Kari P.
Landlord
Real Estate, Self-employed
July 11, 2019

“Perfect for DIY Landlord”

OverallOverall, wonderful solution for a landlord with 10 or less units.
ProsReporting functionality - I can easily keep track of cash flow for each unit and run a financial report - monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc. Easily keep track for tax time too.
ConsThe user interface could be a bit more streamlined.
July 11, 2019
Chad W.
Startup Founder
January 22, 2018

“Does everything I need, and the customer service experience was great. ”

OverallGained Functionality missing in Quicken.
ProsI initially purchased Quicken Rental Property Manager, and needed customer support for a feature that wasn't working. Quicken's customer support was not able to perform the task also, and did not offer to create a support ticket so I looked elsewhere and found Unitdash. After creating the FREE account & lease details I had a question about recording late fees and contacted Unitdash. The late fees are setup as a fixed amount and a percentage per day, I needed an initial fee and a fixed late fee per day. I explained what I was trying to do to the customer support person in the chat window, they said it wasn't an option now, but would add it to their feature request. A little over 3 weeks later, my requested change was released. Bottom line: Great Product with Exceptional customer support, even for a free tier.
Banking, 1001-5000 employees
January 17, 2018

“Love having so many features at my fingertips for such a low/no cost!”

OverallEverything I need to stay organized and on track with my rentals without having to pay each year. I also reviewed several other sites that were free or inexpensive, and yours has the best offering of services and products by far.
ProsThat I can send correspondence to my tenants for a small fee. I also love being able to store my leases in one place. The last piece I want give huge kudos for is having the functionality to do Bi-Weekly payments.
Consit is a little difficult to navigate sometimes. most notably when trying to change or update tenant/lease information.

By Unitdash on January 19, 2018
Thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your kind words.
January 17, 2018
Oil & Energy, Unspecified
January 18, 2018

“A very nice product”

ProsI liked the ease of managing properties, adding and removing units and leases. It made it simple to see at a glance what was happening with each of my locations and tenants.
ConsThe software didn't provide the accounting functions I wanted. I need to be able to split and apply a single payment into multiple accounting categories, then hold any overpayment for application to a different category later.
January 18, 2018
Michael T.
Telecommunications Technician III
Oil & Energy, Self-employed
November 16, 2018

“Not bad for what it is... it just didn't fit my needs”

OverallI no longer use Unitdash as I found a system that better meets my needs.
ProsIt's easy to use and intuitive as far as it goes. The features it has move smoothly and aren't hard to decipher or get used to.
ConsIt didn't provide me with the ability to do partial payments or flexible payments that my renters need.
Ben N.
Trainer
May 14, 2018

“Easy and tech support amazing”

ProsAutomated for easy use and I really like that about any software. And that's about all I can say except some documents they have for download
ConsDidn't simply for a one home owner, as I only have one house and there are a ton of options that would be more for apartment complexes or something like that...
Mike F.

“Awesome value”

ProsHands down recommend for someone looking to get started with organizing property info but not ready to commit to a more expensive plan. You can do so much for free such as Track tenants Track rent Track payment Track accounting
ConsNeeds to be able to reconcile with bank transactions this is an important aspect to ensuring that booking is accurate
Yolanda J.
Virtual Assistant
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“Unitdash Review”

OverallIt didnt really work for our business setup but my work well for others.
ProsCustomer service was ok just wish you could actually call and speak to someone.
ConsIt was not easy to use for the Property Manager that I worked with.
May 14, 2018

“Has a nice feature set but can get pricey. Great for those with 25 or less units.”

ProsSome of the best features are : eLeases, Accounting, online payments, inspection tracking. Integration of features is nice.
ConsDislikes were: transaction costs for receiving online payments (I can understand fees for credit card charges, but transaction fees for ACH transactions seems unreasonable); no easy way to download accounting data directly into the software.
Belal B.
Property Manager
Real Estate, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 9, 2018

“Personalized service”

ProsFree, very user friendly, exceptional customer service.
ConsNot sure, they were always there for me.
November 9, 2018
Nakul P.
Support Eng
January 22, 2018

“Tough to understand and setup everything at first”

ProsThe software is good value for money. Once setup properly it is really easy to use and saves lot of time.
ConsThere are some missing functionality that I couldn't find. However, I see Unitdash working hard to add more features.
Ben N.
Trainer
Retail, Self-employed
November 20, 2018

“Simple”

OverallFast friendly service
ProsEasy to use and very effective, and I had questions and got good responses quickly
ConsMore powerful than the one unit rental owner I am needs, but more is better right ?!
November 20, 2018
Akkia T.
Office Assistant
October 20, 2017

“I love unitdash because it's free and if I want something implemented it is done.”

ProsI love it's free and the price for the team is affordable. I like that it's pretty simple to add the tenants to the system.
ConsIt hard to make a change and not as easy to look up the tenants and there information. I would really enjoy a quick search icon that brings up all the info in a small screen. Only because when I'm asked to look for something, I need it almost at the drop of a dime.

By Unitdash on October 25, 2017
Thank you very much for your review! We have a global search text field at the top of the left navigation bar. I hope this is helpful!
October 20, 2017
David S.
Landlord
May 17, 2018

“You can handle ALL of your property management needs w this software!”

ProsThere are many options to keep you organized. I like that everything is neatly organized in the sidebar for my convenience. I like that there are also option whenever you open a lease or tenant file.
ConsIt was a little difficult to understand at first but there are plenty of instructions to help. Frequently asked questions is a great place to start, I'm glad that I was able to pick up the software quickly however.
May 17, 2018