Coggle Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.3/5

About Coggle

Mind mapping solution for understanding and sharing complex information. Learn more about Coggle

David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 501-1000 employees
April 30, 2019

“Shareable Mindmaps for Life use and Work”

OverallThankful to have found this modern mind mapping app online.
ProsI have always been a fan of organizing my brain using Mind maps (Thanks!). I have used several native applications using my PC and Mac for sever years. Now, I'm very happy to have found Coggle. All the features that I use from my native apps are now accessible to me via the Web Browser using any device. Now I can even use my smartphone to create or edit my mind maps. Another feature that I like is the ability to share mind maps to other Google users. First, all my work gets automatically backed up via my Google account, and then i can also share the mind map to my colleagues or virtually anyone with a Google account. Collaboration and real-time updates has never been so easy and hassle free.
ConsSome of my colleagues tell me that Coggle can get clunky or feel slow to respond when the mind map we were working on gets too big. I personally have. It experienced this and it may be due to their other running apps or hardware capabilities. I mention it here because it somehow affects our collaborative work. But other than that, I'm very pleased with Coggle.
April 30, 2019
Joseric M.
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
March 28, 2019

“Mindmapping our brains”

ProsI use mindmaps for brainstorming sessions for business analysis and project management. Coggle is my favorite service to use! First of all, it works seamlessly with Google services, and so covers our sign-on and team drive integration. Sharing files is a no brainer because it so easy and its already saved/shared to the team via GTDrive. The coolness factor and user experience is what made it click for the team. It just looks so cool (its animation of branch sprouting, the options loop, and esp its color scheme!). Simple and intuitive to use. We use Coggle for collaborative work on the same mindmap (within the same war room in the office or together with those working from home).
ConsGiven that its a web app, it can't compare to the full-featured native apps available out there (e.g., themes, images, presentation, brainstorming mode). I find it still a bit difficult or cumbersome to use for presentations esp for big mindmaps, hard to collapse/focus branches.
March 28, 2019
December 20, 2017

“Coggle is a great mind mapping tool for small businessess”

OverallEasy way to record my thoughts; an organized presentation for clients; looks great; very fast UI; creating mind maps helps us organize our ideas for future products
ProsI love the ease of use and quick user experience. Coggle rarely lags and is super fast when I need to quickly map my thoughts. I also appreciate the keyboard shortcuts which make this even more true. I am really impressed with the functionality as a whole. I've tried creating simple mind maps for my clients and they are always very impressed - it's helpful for them to see things visually. This alone has made the software worth it!
ConsI wish they made it easier to customize a mind map....made it more free to write floating text or notes on the side of the mind map. Things are restricted within the format of the map you're building, but I'd like to be able to add disconnected pieces. The keyboard shortcuts are a little convoluted; I'd love if they made the shortcuts easier to use and remember.
December 20, 2017
Alvaro M.
IT PM
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 26, 2019

“My collab mindmap for projects”

ProsCollaborative. This is the best part of using Coggle. Brainstorming via teams is a breeze because each of our team members can use their own laptops and edit the same mindmap all at the same time. It's very easy to share mindmaps to other users, and it readily gets backed up in our Google Drive. It's beautiful. I love the look of it. It looks and feels very organic and so the team loves using it (the minor animations, the circle action buttons, the color combinations, the UX UI) we just love it. And when team members love the tools, they most probably end us using it (and having fun doing so).
ConsI find it difficult to use for Presentations (e.g., collapsing all branches, visibility/highlight of branches, etc). Perhaps it just needs a little getting used to, but I've tried other stand-alone mindmap applications which didn't feel too clunky for making presentations.
February 26, 2019
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
June 28, 2018

“Colorful Mindmapping Online”

OverallLet Coggle help you put order on your brain's wonderful ideas, concepts, tasks, and what have you. It's colorful interface is so easy and fun to use. Mindmaps is now made collaborative in real-time.
ProsEasy to learn and use right away. It is colorful and makes the mindmaps fun and visually appealing Coggle is linked to my Google account, so it's easy for me to share, store, and backup my mindmaps.
ConsThere is no function to auto-sort/arrange the branches. Without this, it can be a bit cumbersome to put an order on a big mind map. It is web based, hence I need to be online to use this app.
June 28, 2018
Clarwin C.
IT Services Manager
April 3, 2018

“Coolest online mindmap out there”

ProsI use mind maps to gather and organize ideas. Google helps out with the sharing and collaboration part since it's very easy to share and work together on a mindmap at real time. I love the color scheme, animation, and just how visually appealing this mindmap tool is. From my experience, if the tool is not easy to use and ugly, my colleagues tend not to use it. Backups is seamless via Google drive integration.
ConsThere seems to be no way to auto-arrange the branches There are no other ways to customize the look of the mindmap, e.g., via themes.
April 3, 2018
Jared W.
Health Commissioner
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Slick and Powerful Mind Mapper”

OverallVery nice program, with room for improvement as well. Even with its few faults, it is still an important part of the creative planning process for me.
ProsThis product is pretty easy to use, and has a short learning curve. Even the free version provides great functionality. I use this system to brainstorm project steps, develop employee hierarchies, and map out program areas for my company. I have used it to plan everything from multi-county projects to birthday parties. For visual learners and thinkers like me, it is an excellent tool.
ConsA few usability suggestions. It would be nice to be able to expand and collapse complex branches with a button. It would also be nice to be able to bring expanded categories back into larger groups, instead of just getting more and more broken down. This would allow timeline style planning, which would be helpful as a project management tool.
February 12, 2019
Adarsh R.
May 7, 2018

“Awesome mind-mapping software”

ProsI've worked with mind-mapping software in the past (lucidcharts, insEYEte, mindmeister, etc.) and Coggle is a really solid platform. Easy to pick up and use, as solid integrations, and seems to perform better with every version! Awesome for quickly mapping out an idea and collaborating with co-workers.
ConsI'd like to see more features/ways to visualize your nodes. Maybe a way to visualize nodes on a map like insEYEte or as a presentation like in MindMeister. But once again -- those are heavier packages so it might bog down the lightweight feel of coggle.
May 7, 2018
Vanilene Rose M.
Registration Assistant
June 12, 2018

“A software that can help you from day to day”

ProsThe only software I know when it. comes to mind mapping. The color scheme is also helpful when dealing with may ideas
ConsThe text field is a bit small. If there can only be a space for short notes, then this app is good to go
June 12, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 13, 2019

“Functional mindmapping software”

OverallVery great tool for organizing ideas.
ProsEasy to create mindmaps that are colorful and simple to understand. Adding images, links, etc is simple.
ConsSometimes its difficult to place the branches exactly where I want them as the auto-place function takes over.
May 13, 2019
Alberto Nahum G.
Associate Professor
Writing and Editing, 5001-10,000 employees
July 18, 2019

“Draw up your mind”

OverallI have used it since last year to sketch four academic articles. It is an initial phase of my writing, where I try to put all my ideas into a document. Now, with Coggle, this document is visual and interactive, because I can trace links between diagrams and parts of the "map".
Pros-In the beginning, it seems like a difficult tool to use, but it is fairly easy. It did not take more than 10 minutes to get used to Coggle dynamics. -This software has allowed structuring my academic articles much better. I have even created a stage for every article I write called "Coggling"; it comes before drafting. It helps me clarify the big picture of my ideas.
Cons-While it is good for some articles, it is not the proper methodology for others. This is not a defect, just a limitation for me. -I don't like that much how to collaborate between two persons using Coggle.
July 18, 2019
Carolyn V.
Database Administrator
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
April 25, 2018

“Coggle is a very useful collaborative tool for organizing projects & activites through mind-mapping.”

ProsOur infrastructure team uses coggle to help prioritize projects and to make it easy to delegate tasks and update each members of its progress. Coggle is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface.
ConsWe have been using coggle for two years now and it has not presented any problem. If I do encounter any issue, I will definitely tell Coggle team. So far, it's great!
April 25, 2018
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 19, 2019

“mind map”

ProsI started to make mind maps. I always did them on paper, but it works here very nice. I could export it to text. I'll never go back to paper.
ConsSo if you've got free money you could use this premium features. I like free software.
April 19, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 25, 2018

“Best mind mapping tool used so far!!”

ProsFree plan suffice my need but the diagrams are made public If workflow diagram is very big then we can save it in parts Workflow diagrams can be shared on email ID's and multiple people can work at the same time that is a great feature. Export to pdf, image plain text easily. Versioning support is a life saver we can go back to any version and save multiple versions
ConsNone as of now, suffices my need for free :)
August 25, 2018
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2018

“Excellent Mind Mapping Software”

ProsSuper easy to dive into using for basic mind maps - great for translating complex ideas into something that is visual and easy to understand
ConsVery basic and can easily get visually overwhelming so best for basic tasks or items to translate into simplicity
April 18, 2018
Mandy O.
CX Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
June 18, 2019

“Easy to use with a beautiful result!”

ProsOur Executive Team has been very impressed with the quality of Coggle's mind maps. As the power user, I find it extremely easy to create colorful and professional presentations to share.
ConsWhen copying a previously made diagram, I sometimes lose track of where the copy went. This is very, very minor when considering the product overall.
June 18, 2019
Program Development, 1001-5000 employees
January 9, 2019

“Online mindmaps”

ProsOnline mindmaps that are working great. I tried lots of paid and free mindmap soft, but this one has the best free version.
ConsThe main cons is price. You've got only 3 mindmaps for free, but if you're not storing it (there is also option for export to save locally) you could re-use just those 3.
January 9, 2019
Matt A.
Director of Middle School Ministry
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2018

“Simple tool for mind-mapping... and maybe other things”

OverallAs I said above, this is a surprisingly useful tool for creating escape rooms. Maybe there is a group of people and business owners there to market it to?
ProsThe tool is simple to use... within seconds you understand the concept of it and are able to get organized. I am currently using this to map out a plan for escape room. Obviously, not it's intended purpose... but surprisingly useful. I also appreciate the ability to bring in a team to work together on a project. Also helpful for creating an escape room with a team.
ConsSome of the tools are not obvious. It took me a moment to see how to add additional branches to an box... simply right-click!
August 28, 2018
Michael W.
Instructional designer
E-Learning, 10,001+ employees
June 7, 2017

“Great experience using Coggle to organize concepts for corporate training.”

OverallSharable means of determining overarching structure of things, and organizing details into that structure.
ProsLooks SO GOOD and SIMPLE. All of my attention can go into the content. Works great to slowly discover the best ways to organize information. The ability to grab an item in one tree and move it over into another tree is what supports this emergent ordering capability.
ConsCan get a little tripped up while trying to capture a brain dump and you perhaps click a few wrong buttons.
June 7, 2017
Cassandra T.
Lab Technician
Chemicals, 1001-5000 employees
July 16, 2019

“Very easy to use and I love the keyboard shortcuts”

ProsSimple keyboard shortcuts allow you to type faster and organize without any mouse clicks. I love the colors and the ability to move lines around
ConsI have not found a way to combine mind maps
July 16, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2019

“Great tool for home or business”

OverallVery cool way to visualize projects, and very functional even with the free version.
ProsI am a visual thinker, and it is so helpful to be able to lay out project thoughts and concepts in such a clear way. I am still using he free version, because it is so easy to use and functional that I haven't been tempted to purchase the paid version yet.
ConsI would love to add multiple starting points on the same canvas.
February 20, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 29, 2018

“Mind-mapping tool of choice”

OverallI use Coggle to map out projects and ideas with multiple parts that I can't keep track of in a linear Google Doc. It's a great first step when I'm working out what exactly a project will entail, and I can add and move components more easily when it's represented in a non-linear mind map. This kind of visualization not only helps me, but my employer too - she is extremely right-brained and holistic in her thinking, so I NEED this kind of tool if I'm going to communicate with her effectively.
ProsCoggle is simple and visually appealing. I like how it's flexible enough to meet whatever my needs are for a different project - I can keep it simple or make it extremely complex.
ConsThe features are great but can be hard to use. I'm constantly re-opening the Help menu so that I can figure out how to delete a branch, move a branch, add a new branch of the same level, etc. I might remember all the commands the more I use it, but I struggle with it (especially because "undo" is not the typical command-Z that I am used to).
September 29, 2018
Justin L.
Programmer Analyst
June 27, 2018

“A great tool for mind mapping!”

ProsThis software allows the users to create branches, connections whenever you are trying to analyze complex things. The colors help since this makes your idea clear.
ConsThe limited number of colors available becomes a limitation whenever you are trying to map complex processes. Also a space for notes/comments can also help
June 27, 2018
Hendra P.
Analyst
January 16, 2018

“I use this for visualize my ideas and their relationship”

OverallI can share my ideas to my friend, collaborate with other.
ProsSuper easy. it was useful from the start. I can start using it right away. Even using it with mobile, it feels not so different compared to its web app. It is just flowing. Click here and there, drag, copy, paste, rename, move, just working.
ConsNot a big deal, but a few times I found the node in mobile app was moving to the bottom far away from the center. I could just undo it, but still annoying.
January 16, 2018
Ric T.
Admin
March 19, 2018

“Really good web based mind mapping tool”

ProsVery easy to use, web based, modern look and feel, free version is pretty comprehensive. Can download into pdf format
ConsSometimes the functionality can get fiddly when the map gets quite complex , I'd like maybe more variations to the colours , fonts
March 19, 2018
Leonardo d.
Quality Assurance Intern
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2019

“Awesome tool for mind mapping!”

OverallI am very happy using Coggle and I would totally recommend it to anyone who wants to create mind maps
ProsIt is very easy to use and has very beautiful colours for your mind mapping.
ConsThe free version is little bit restricted
May 10, 2019
Civil Engineering, 10,001+ employees
October 23, 2018

“Using Coggle for work”

Overalli love it. i use it often. I use it for work, with team mates and in client workshops. Best to have the map made online, download, print it off for a workshop then have attendees edit it live, and you can capture their views on the digital version as they work. Very powerful tool.
Prosvery simple and intuative - a brilliant software for creating maps of any detailed concept. i used it for project deisng maps ( teams and actions)
Consthe fact you cant add text unless it is connected to a node & a branch. if it worked more like a free-canvas, with the ability to add branches if nessesary would be perfect.
October 23, 2018
Bella W.
Columnist
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
March 7, 2019

“Coggle is a genius way to arrange your information”

OverallCoggle is the best and brightest way to present even the most complex ideas.
ProsCoggle has so many features and unique tools, the uses for this innovative software are endless. There is no better way to present your information than using Coggle's mind maps, flow charts, and diagrams to really get your point across.
ConsCoggle is such a powerful tool, it's a shame there aren't more types of charts and diagrams available to use.
March 7, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 3, 2018

“Awesome free mind mapping tool”

ProsEasy to use, visually appealing, super user friendly, and flexible mind mapping tool. I actually like how basic it is because I don't want anything more complicated
ConsI'm using the free version so you can only make 3 mind maps on that
October 3, 2018
Diya G.
Rutgers Student
April 16, 2018

“Used Coggle to create a mindmap for a college project and organized ideas”

ProsIt is visual and you can clearly see your text laid out. It also has a chatbox so you can talk to others working on the same Coggle doc
ConsIt is hard to use and it is not clear how to use it (adding branches, adding text, etc) a tutorial could be helpful
April 16, 2018