Supermetrics Ratings

Overall

About Supermetrics

Supermetrics is a reporting automation tool that helps digital marketers pull all their PPC, SEO, social and web analytics data into one place including spreadsheets and data visualization platforms for reporting and analysis. Supermetrics is used by +400k marketers across the globe and is the #1 reporting automation tool for PPC, SEO, social and web analytics. Learn more about Supermetrics

Pedro G.
Senior Global Digital & eCommerce Manager
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees
November 6, 2018

“Good for building web dashboard”

OverallOverall good tool but could improve with offering more integrations.
ProsThe connectors it has to several platforms and also the predefined dashboards that allow you to pull data from different data sources like FB/GA etc in a very easy way and the plug it into nice dashboards. Price wise is very competitive.
ConsI missed connectors to ecommerce platforms like Shopify or magento as it will be very useful for ecommerce users to add that data to do analysis. i also did not like that data only refreshes automatically every day, if not you need to do it manually.
November 6, 2018
Andrey F.
Business Development
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 20, 2017

“Supermetrics makes my life a lot easier for analyzing huge volume of data”

OverallGetting precise data from Google Analytics in more convenient and customized way.
ProsI like the flexibility of using different metrics and the main feature I love the most is being able to avoid Google's data sampling which is impossible when using native Google Analytics interface.
ConsEverything is perfect now. Before I had a problem reaching support when they used Google Products forum for communication with customers, but now they have a private ticketing system which is more convenient to use and I receive a really fast response for my questions each time.
Laura R.
Global PPC Executive
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
October 14, 2019

“Simple awesomeness”

OverallAwesome
ProsIt's the best product ever for managing any PPC activity. My former boss introduced me to this amazing product and I couldn't be more grateful. It makes my life super easy.
ConsThe haven't created yet a connector for Adjust or Bing Ads what would make the product a A++.
October 14, 2019
Shaun F.
Director of Online Advertising
June 24, 2019

“Best Decision For Dashboards + Ongoing Reporting”

OverallOverall I'm very happy with Supermetrics and the pros far outweigh the cons. It has become a critical tool in my day to day marketing & management toolbox.
ProsI like that Supermetrics for sheets integrates seamlessly with Google Data Studio allowing me to supercharge my reporting capabilities. I am able to pull data from multiple sources and refresh it daily making sure all stakeholders have up-to-date relevant data at all time.
ConsThere are a few reporting features I would like to see like reports via labels for Google Ads and Facebook customer conversions could be simplified.
June 24, 2019
Cosmetics, 1001-5000 employees
February 7, 2018

“Lifesaving tool”

OverallIt saves me lot of time on daily basis. Worth every cent
ProsI am managing 15 AdWords account with big budgets and lots of campaigns which requires daily monitoring. I am using Supermetrics to import all important metrics from AdWords and Analytics and get a quick overview of managed accounts performance and I can quickly see where and what I can improve instead of logging into each account and manually checking tens of campaigns
ConsI would like better error reporting. Sometimes (not too often) data can't be pulled and it isn't clearly visible what is the reason.
February 7, 2018
October 7, 2019

“Amateurish and Infuriating”

OverallSupermetrics doesn't fail to infuriate me on a daily basis. I use this software to make complex automatic reporting dashboards both internally and client-facing. I hate it. The more complex you make something, the more likely it is to fail. For simple things, this software has a wealth of options to use. The more complex you want to take things, the deeper you dive, the worse it looks.
ProsIt's the best software out there for what it does that i have found.
ConsAmateurish front-end, queries that fail without any alert, incompatible metrics, a general pain to use.
October 7, 2019
Yaniv G.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
October 23, 2017

“Excellent Reporting with actionable insights ”

OverallI was able to analyze different segment from all our marketing channels, automate reporting & prioritize tasks better.
ProsThis is without a doubt the best tool I've tested to compare & view data from different sources and it only gets better with time. - Perfect integration with all our marketing channels - Flexible reporting & automation (saves time) - Easy to use to create tables & dashboards
Cons- It's expensive (with all the extra add-ons ) - Gathering data takes time (from different API's)
October 23, 2017
Rick E.
Head of digital
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2018

“Without the best bit of software we'e found this year!”

OverallWe used to struggle to be able to keep a track of our lead generation clients and where they were against lead volume, spend and whether they were on trend. This solved the problem, with a plug in to alert when we meet our cap levels, sending an email and even creating a task on our trello board.
ProsThe flexability of Supermetrics is what makes this stand out. We have created a dashboard through Google sheets, plugged into our MCC. We can then pull all of our conversions into it with spend, target CPA and use a traffic light system to target lead volume and target CPA. Very cool
ConsUsing the dashboard we created, it is not updated in a "live" environment. This used to updated every hour, however it's currently 3/4 times a hour now. Not a big issue.
December 5, 2018
Jeffrey V.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Horrible Customer Support”

OverallProduct has potential, but without responses from support I can't do what I need.
ProsIt was easy to install, seems like it has a lot of potential.
ConsHave emailed this company and they do not reply to support requests. Moving to AdStage instead.
September 5, 2019
Retail, 51-200 employees
December 7, 2017

“Powerful tool for combining disparate data sets I use this daily to monitor advertising performance.”

OverallIt would be near impossible to efficiently combine data across various advertising platforms without this tool in our pocket.
ProsThis tool enables me to pull in data from Google Analytics, Adwords and Bing into one place that can then be accessed by Google Data Studio or any other monitoring tools or management platforms.
ConsServers seem to get clogged up occasionally and become unresponsive. At times, data is pulled into wrong columns. As with any dataset, you need to remain vigilant and check that what is coming in makes sense. Its usually easy enough to do a refresh (and make sure you're highlighting the correct cell) and pull in the data correctly if things get weird.
December 7, 2017
John H.
Digital Marketing Strategist
July 25, 2019

“Supermetrics for Data Studio”

ProsConnecting data sources to Google Data Studio for reporting is difficult when you have to setup so many API connectors for each client on each platform. Supermetrics makes this process simple. I love it!
ConsPricing could be lower considering the no-touch service they provide. Hard to justify the cost relative to the service offered.
July 25, 2019
Rachel B.
PPC Analyst
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
February 12, 2019

“Pulls in Data but not Enough”

ProsSupermetrics is a great tool for a mid to large sized company. They take data from multiple different sources that can be reported on or analyzed at the same time.
ConsIn order to choose a different date, you must manually enter a date every time.
Lisa T.
Senior Data Analyst
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
January 20, 2018

“Easy to use and connects to all the top data sources for easy import to Google sheets”

OverallWe use to manage our paid search budget, and do Y/Y ad-hoc reports and analysis for Google Analytics data. Great little connector!
ProsI love how easy the connector is to use (setting up ' scheduling reports takes minutes!) I can format the data how I need it, and then "set ' forget" for auto-updates for all my GA, Bing, ' Adwords data. I also love how I can pull in cost as it helps keep us on the ball with our budget.
ConsAlthough there used to be more available in the free version, and not you have to pay to get the full value of it.
January 20, 2018
June 26, 2018

“Not the prettiest software, but does what it says on the box”

OverallReally made monthly reporting easy for our agency. We use it with google data studio to create beautiful, functional reports.
ProsVery basic software, that does exactly what I need it to do. It expands the capacity of google data studio exponentially, and it's very affordable. I mean, any integration you need, it's there. A very valuable tool for anyone who needs to analyze data for multiple clients
ConsPricing is a bit confusing, I signed up for a free trial but I'm not sure when it ends, I don't seem to have created an account or given my credit card info. It still seems to be working in Google data studio. Seems a bit confusing. So far no one has reached out to me. Also some integrations don't work. I tried to use it to connect to a separate google analytics account, and it kept timing out when it tried to connect.
June 26, 2018
Richard H.
Data Scientist
51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“Tricky to set up and pricey but undeniably effective.”

ProsI can get all of my figures from all of my sources into a google sheet at predetermined intervals with just some initial set up.
ConsThe initial set-up is rather awkward and it can be very difficult to work out what to fix if it stops working for whatever reason.
April 25, 2018
Hoang L.
Media Excutive
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
October 20, 2017

“Support team is very good”

OverallWe save a lot of time since using this software
ProsIt help me make report easily. My client is happy with my report. We save a lot of time by using supermetric
ConsIt is slow when reload data in datastudio. We must wait about 10 seconds to 30 seconds. But that is oki, not is problem
Victoria H.
Senior Account Manager
August 7, 2019

“Halved the time of doing reports!”

OverallIt gathers complex information and means that you don't have to rebuild a report every month as it does it automatically. Saving so much time!
Pros- Saves so much time as you can pull through all the data you need in one place - Lots of channels are supported - Can tweak queries easily - If you're confident with Google Analytics, it'll be easier to learn - Can set rules to update so you don't have to do it manually - Great for giving to clients so they can see on-going progress.
Cons- Can take some time to learn how to use the software - If a query errors it does take some time to investigate why
August 7, 2019
Internet, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Make Data Studio a 360 Reporting tool with Supermetrics”

OverallExcellent.
ProsI no longer have to pull advertising data from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, & more, put it into a Google sheet, edit it the way I want it to be and then connect that Google sheet to a data studio report. Supermetrics does all of that annoying, tedious work for me in the click of a "connect" button. It's truly amazing and probably saves me 5-10 hours a month.
ConsSometimes connecting account can get a bit wonky but that's OK because once they're connected, the work is so streamlined.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“Very simple software, does what it says on the tin”

OverallUsing supermetrics plus Google data studio allows me to create reports for my clients at a cheaper cost then using a paid software
ProsAllows me to connect Facebook data to Google data studio at an affordable price
ConsSometimes the connection fails and I have to reconnect which is annoying. I have to be logged into my email account as well, which can be annoying as it's not the same account that has the analytics, so I have to create and share reports across users. Would be nice if I could add more users to the supermetrics account.
March 12, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
December 27, 2018

“Amazing product made by brilliant people”

ProsSupermetrics is the best Google Data Studio connector for all of your third party advertising platforms. I've tried most of them but none of them compare to supermetrics. Its simple, does what it says and makes your life so much easier!
ConsYou really need a Snapchat ads connector, Snapchat is still a big player in the branding and awareness area.
December 27, 2018
Hailee H.
Account Supervisor
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2019

“Best connectors into GDS”

ProsSupermetrics has made it very easy to integrate my Facebook advertising data into my Google Data Studio reports. This has helped me create beautiful client facing reports quickly and in real time.
ConsI do not have any dislikes about this software
July 16, 2019
Kevin W.
Web Developer
Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 18, 2019

“Fantastic tools for Google Sheets”

ProsIntegrates great with Google Sheets and can connect all kinds of data sources
ConsThe cost was limiting for my team. Would be great if there were a free tier.
February 18, 2019