Splashtop On-Demand Support Ratings

Overall

About Splashtop On-Demand Support

Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) is an attended quick support solution for help desks, MSPs and IT pros. Connect to your users Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices with a simple session code. Splashtop SOS features include: + High performance + Robust security + Custom branding + Remote file transfer + Remote reboot and reconnect + Licensed per technician. Get started with a free trial! Learn more about Splashtop On-Demand Support

Dan N.
President / CEO
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 5, 2019

“This is everything I need in a remote assistance application.”

OverallSupport has been phenomenal. I talk and they listen. They even implemented a suggestion I had which made Splashtop a more competitive product and it has eliminated the last of my frustrations with the product. They really do listen and the response time is reasonably short. I'd like to tell you about the response time when I have a real problem but I have never had any.
ProsI can drag and drop files from my desktop to the client's; It is easy for the client to install and use, the client's agent is quite small; Video update time is subjectively short; I frequently do not remember there is a short lag between what happens on the client's computer and when I see the change on my screen. I can see the client's mouse pointer on my screen. This makes it so much easier for the client to explain to me what is happening on their computer. (It is an option, you have to select it.) I can arrange an unattended connection to the client's computer. Some of my clients prefer this.
ConsMy version has a limited number of unattended connections. I don't need an unlimited supply but I do need more than 10.
Danny S.
Head of support
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Great, full featured remote tool”

OverallI do technical support, and training for users on a daily basis. I'm often connected to multiple computers at the same time. It pretty well always works perfectly well.
ProsIt does everything that the more expensive programs do, and it works very well. I can have as many concurrent connections open as I need to which I often do.
ConsHonestly, trying to say the name so that people understand it is the most difficult part.
Heidi F.
Director of Software Support
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2019

“Great Product for a Great Price!”

OverallWe have not had to use Support, which says something about the product.
ProsThis product is very easy for our teams to use. It helps us tremendously when our clients do not allow us to RDP into their site. One thing I like about Splashtop that you don't have with some of the other products is the ability to transfer files. This is really important when we are doing an installation and don't have direct access to the server or workstation. The product is also a very good price compared to other products.
ConsI really can't think of any cons at this time.
Brian C.
Partner
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Great price to feature ratio. Fantastic sales and support experience.”

ProsFeature parity is about on par with TeamViewer, with a much better price point. Splashtop is fast and just works. Customer service and support is top notch with a fast response time to requests (I received a non-support related response on a Sunday). There was a 20% pricing discount when we signed up, saving us around 40% over TeamViewer. Even at full price, Splastop is still cheaper than TeamViewer.
ConsThere's a few minor issues I've run into, but nothing to really complain about. My biggest complaint is the SOS client seems to take longer to startup and display a support code on remote devices, when compared to TeamViewer QuickSupport. Again, minor issue as it's maybe 20-30 seconds or so. Deploying a customized SOS agent is a manual process, but I received my agent software on the same day as my request (on a weekend too). Lastly, when Splashtop is configured to remove the background (wallpaper / picture) on the remote device you're connecting to, it tends to leave the background blank when you disconnect. I don't find it to be that much of a performance impact, so we simply leave the option to remove the remote device background disabled.
Don B.
Sales and Support Engineer
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users”

OverallMuch less overall cost (by 2/3) from old remote solution.
ProsEasy of transition from old vendor. Superior functionality.
ConsNot being able to switch focus of screen from remote PC/MAC to my PC for training an end user by having them be able to see my PC desktop and apps.
Daryl T.
Operations Manager/IT Support
Construction, 201-500 employees
September 5, 2019

“The best bang for your buck”

OverallWe have solved numerous issues such as on site printer issues, upgrades etc.
ProsThis software is able to do everything TeamViewer could do but for a quarter of the price. Our IT department love the software and have already told friends and family to jump on board.
ConsThat you can not take full control of a mobile device from a desktop admin.
Brian F.
IT
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 20, 2019

“LogMeIn capabilities at a lower cost”

OverallHave not needed to use support, software is easy to implement.
ProsProvides a dashboard (Business App) that shows all computers. Easy to rename, access, and gives options for reboots remotely. Good picture quality depending on ISP speeds. Allows file transfers both ways, shows dual monitors.
ConsIt can get expensive but is much cheaper than LogMeIn.
March 20, 2019
John L.
Program Manager
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
September 8, 2019

“A Cost Effective alternative to TeamViewer”

OverallI called On-Demand support when I had some initial questions about the Tool and these were quickly addressed in detail. They even followed up to make sure that I was satisfied and all my issues were resolved.
ProsVery easy to use, has all the features that I need to remotely access and address other computers. This is a cost effective alternative to Team Viewer program for engineers like myself who do not use such a tool on a regular basis to warrant the purchase of Team Viewer. I am most pleased with the initial customer support that quick addressed my questions. I would recommend it to others.
ConsThere is nothing that I dislike about this software.
September 8, 2019
Drew H.
IT Director / Sysadmin
Insurance, 51-200 employees

“Excellent!”

ProsSimple to use, easy to direct someone to the site to get a download, or email them a link.
ConsOccasionally on a bad connection, it will freeze up, but that is hardly the fault of the software.
Chris B.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 5, 2019

“Splashtop the best bang for your buck!”

OverallRemote support to clients to save money on going onsite.
ProsPricing is excellent compared to the other remote options, it is very easy to use and it gets the job done with no issue.
ConsCurrently, It works well for my company and has had no issues.
Nathan A.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 23, 2019

“Complete mobility and control”

ProsI can get to any of our work computers from anywhere! Remote work has never been so easy!
ConsSometimes, depending on connection, the remote session is dropped.
March 23, 2019
Clint A.
Product Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2019

“Great for small business ”

OverallTech support team uses daily to provide support to clients. It is easy for our clients to set up and get help quickly. Great value compared to the much more expensive options.
ProsGreat for providing support to clients when you need to see what is happening on their computers. Great Value
ConsCan have some troubles moving files between computers etc.
February 27, 2019
Shon O.
Network Administrator
Wholesale, 201-500 employees
June 28, 2019

“It just works, and then some”

ProsThe exe is simple to deploy, just copy it to the public documents folder on a Windows machine and put a shortcut to it in the public desktop folder. Easy access for any user.
ConsNone to date, the software just works pure and simple.
June 28, 2019
Jake S.
IT Director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2019

“Switched from Teamviewer and not going back”

OverallSplashtop has an extremely helpful sales and support staff.
ProsSplashtop has the most features for the money compared to any of its competitors. Customer service is excellent and product far exceeded expectations.
ConsSo far I haven't found anything I don't like about Splashtop