ArtBase Ratings

Overall

About ArtBase

Easy. Powerful. Proven. ArtBase provides software database solutions to thousands of the world's top art galleries and collections. On OR off the cloud. Our inventory and contact management product does more, is easier to use and comes with more services and support than any other solution on the market. Ask galleries all over the world who they prefer and they'll say ArtBase! Inventory, Contacts, Invoicing, Consigning, Offers, 3 mobile app options for your iPad/iPhone, & More! Learn more about ArtBase

Carmen S.
April 5, 2019

“Best software for dealers”

OverallThey transfered all of my data over from an old system in about a day. They made the transition so easy. And the training was so great. They even have training videos which I go back and review all the time. These guys are really "on it" with new technology and features, and they have made some kind of update every year since I bought the system in 2015. You can use it on or offline. I started out offline but switched to the cloud about a year ago when we started to travel more - and we are loving it. I would recommend it to anyone who has a gallery or a dealership.
ProsArtbase makes my life easier! I think I'd have to hire another person if we didn't have it. I can make and send invoices so easily. I can send offer emails with images attached. I do all my consignments and exhibition lists in it. Wall labels. I even link with my website. I really like how it shows all the information on Inventory and Contacts. So if you are looking at a person you can see everthing they ever bought, were consigned or were offered. Or on an inventory piece, you can see every little detail and bit of history right there. No hunting around for information. And every time I make a document, it gets recorded in there automatically. I don't have to remember to track things - it just knows!
ConsIt's more expensive than some, but from what I've heard from colleagues who have gotten burned by other systems, you get what you pay for. With the money I'm saving on staff time, it's worth it.
Tyler R.
executive assistant
April 18, 2019

“Great for monitoring data”

OverallI have used several ArtBase competitors, and by FAR ArtBase has the best reporting. It's an easy to use solution that could be used by museums, galleries, collectors -- and, most importantly to me, for appraisers. It collects and stores information in a way that is easy to digest, and that's really rare and difficult to find in the fine-art-database world. I think their customer support team is great, too, which helps when you're working through potentially frustrating issues. Cheers!
ProsI like the import/export features; they're extremely intuitive and save a lot of time. I have a love/hate relationship with the auto-save feature, but I think the reporting that the program generates is a great double-check on importing records. ArtBase is super easy to modify and customize, too, so it blends well with existing excel reporting.
ConsSometimes when you're inputting record information there is a lag time switching between records. I also wish high-res TIFF images could be imported as opposed to only JPEG files. I like metadata :) (little database joke there).
April 18, 2019
Janelle W.
May 16, 2019

“ArtBase for Collection Management!”

OverallI've been using ArtBase for my private clients for 10 years now; but, I first used ArtBase at my first gallery job in 1996! I've seen ArtBase grow and adapt their program through the years by embracing new technology and all the best art management techniques from top NYC galleries! The staff & support team are super friendly. I highly recommend ArtBase!
ProsI use ArtBase to manage and track the collections of my clients who are Private Collectors. ArtBase allows me to produce beautiful and flexible reports, lists and documentation for my clients and customize each document to my specific client's preferences. I track locations, appraisal values, insurance, condition, conservation, expenses and all correspondence pertaining to each artwork. This allows me to provide my clients with up to the minute reporting with just a few clicks of my mouse.
ConsThere is not much I don't like about this software. It is much more user friendly than the other options out there.
Michael G.
Gallery Director
April 26, 2019

“Always ready to help and assist”

OverallArtBase are a very supportive team towards their customers, who are ready to help out immediately, unless the problem is more complex, then they will schedule a time with you.
ProsThe many possibilities there are within the software... as long as it has been set up properly. It is great that it integrates reporting, accounting and inventory and can create your standard forms. It is a well-thought through platform for galleries' usage. ArtBase offer free video trainings to become more proficient with the software. Like with everything you want to master, time investment is everything.
ConsThe set up is time-consuming and so is learning about it, but it is worth it as ultimately you will gain time. Someone within the company needs to be the Super User so they can train the others. It is not something that you do 'in-between' 5 min here, 5 min there, you need to sit down and do it. And then of course use what you have learned!
April 26, 2019
Caitlin S.
Previously, Inventory Manager
Fine Art, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“ArtBase review - from version 8 to the present”

OverallI've trained more than 60 users on this software and have used the program in different galleries for over ten years.
ProsUser friendly interface that is pretty intuitive (as compared to other database systems.) It's easy enough to teach users of various skill levels how to do basic to mid-level functions. If you use the contacts, finance, and inventory modules, you can really get a good understanding of your clients and sales. There's a number of pre-built reporting tools and once you're comfortable with the fields, you can export nearly any additional data you may need or want to interpret further. The customer service has been consistently great; they are extremely knowledgeable and super friendly.
ConsWould be nice for administrators to be able to make more edits/configurations than they can currently (name changes to field display titles, for example.)
April 17, 2019
Patricia H T.
April 4, 2019

“Recommending ArtBase to everyone!”

OverallArtBase has given us the ability to communicate quickly and efficiently with our clients; it keeps track of all our records of inventory, sales, locations- all the important parts of a gallery's operations.
ProsFor galleries, ArtBase is the most efficient and simplest to use. The functions are intuitive and there is no learning time. We do a lot of offers of art work by email and ArtBase links the offer with images, inventory and the clients. I can't speak highly enough about ArtBase. The program is wonderful and keeps getting better. The people are the greatest, always there to answer any little question I have. I've worked with and seen the other programs and know that ArtBase is the only game in town. I recommend it to everyone.
ConsThere is nothing that I can criticize. ArtBase listens to suggestions and has adapted to the art market's needs.
Keli Z.

“Highly recommended!!!”

OverallI honestly don't know what I would do without it.
ProsI have been using ArtBase for many, many years. They adapt to the art market's needs and are always making it better. I have worked with businesses who have used other platforms and I have always suggested the switch to ArtBase, and I have been a hero! Whether you are a large or small gallery, a private dealer, or a collector, it does everything you need it to. The people (you get to speak with actual people!) at ArtBase are always responsive and will take the time to walk you through answers to even the simplest questions.
ConsThere are no actual cons. It does so much that it takes a little bit of time to understand ALL of its functions. Once you get through it all you will see that everything is intuitive.
Bo J.
Artist and Gallery Director
May 16, 2019

“The most established, robust and comprehensive art inventory database on the market! ”

OverallI have been using artbase as a gallerist and as an artist since it's first version in the mid-1990s and it has served my wide ranging needs exceedingly well. It has been central to my ability be organized and productive both in my business dealings and in my promotion.
ProsIt allows for totally comprehensive data to be maintained for every type of art or collectible. Built by art world people who started in galleries so it allows for very particular use. It works for more basic use as well.
ConsIt's so in depth that it takes a little time to delve into all the levels of functionality it provides.
Geanna B.
Global Director of Operations
April 16, 2019

“ArtBase Review”

ProsThe system is very helpful in tracking and organizing inventory and contacts.
ConsIt is very difficult to use for staff members travelling or using the system remotely. Customization is also very expensive.

By ArtBase on April 17, 2019
Dear Geanna, Thanks for your review! You mention that you are having difficulty using the system while traveling, but I see that you aren't using our Cloud version. ArtBase Cloud is much easier for people to use in multiple locations or while traveling. Be sure reach out to us if you would like more information. Thanks! ~ArtBase
April 16, 2019
Marcella A.
Financial Controller
May 18, 2019

“Best Gallery Software Ever! ”

OverallFive stars! As the person who handles the financial aspect of our business, I love the ease of use of the invoicing system and the accounting reports.
ProsWow! This program is the best. Our company recently switched from another program, and what a difference! The tech support is the best part. They got our team trained in no time and are easy to reach and quick to ascertain and solve our issues any time we have a question or concern.
ConsNot much. We started our business using a different program as the other was cheaper. So, I suppose, Art Base is not the cheapest, and some may see this as a con, but I promise you get what you pay for. I would actually say, in my experience Art Base is the best value product. The best deal you will get for the money you pay.
Simone J.

“ArtBase loyal advocate”

OverallThe ArtBase team is promptly responsive, always has answers, easily understandable and immensely helpful and adaptable. I have nothing but good things to say.
ProsI have worked with ArtBase for over 20 years in galleries, as a private a dealer and now assisting a foundation and estate planning. It is easy to use, thorough and adaptable. I wish all my clients used it.
ConsI don't have anything to say here. Please see other comments.
Nancy A.
July 12, 2017

“Does everything I need it to do when I need it to do it!”

ProsSimple interface amazing techs on call to help you great online support Easy invoicing
Consmust have internet connection

By ArtBase on April 5, 2019
Hi Nancy, Thank you for the review! You mention that we require an internet connection. But our offline solution does not require one! Reach out to us if you'd like to explore that option: orders@artbase.com. ~ArtBase
July 12, 2017
Rune E.
Registrar
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed

“Everything you need.”

OverallA registrars dream. Keep everything recorded so one can sleep at night.
ProsArtbase got everything you need to catalog your art collection. It can store unlimited information about the artwork + clients and potential prospects.
ConsDue to the amount of function in Artbase its quite a bit of a learning curve. But once you get the hang of it, it is smooth sailing. + AB support is always there to help you.
Alice G.
Director of sales
April 4, 2019

“Excellent software for galleries”

OverallThis software enables me to be the most efficient worker I can be. It saves me time which in turn makes me more valuable to my company.
ProsEasy to use. Does EVERYTHING you need to run your business. They give you everything you need, nothing extra to buy.
ConsAbsolutely nothing. They are as perfect of a company as you can find.
Kim S.
Co-Owner
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2019

“Customer Service is a Relationship”

ProsWorking with Customer Service is like calling up a friend and asking them to help with a project. They are super accessible and e joy to work with.
ConsI haven't come across any cons yet! If/when I do, I'll let you know.
May 24, 2019
April 5, 2019

“Comprehensive inventory management solution!”

ProsRobust search functionality, intuitive user interface, cloud hosting means I don't have worry about IT support.
ConsI wish the whole industry would standardize on this platform to make cross company interactions easier.
Craig S.
May 17, 2019

“A Great System for Artists”

ProsA Great System for Artists. It does everything I need.
ConsNo complaints. If you don't know something you can ask the support team.
Robert C.

“Can't live without”

OverallReally has focused our team and efforts and allowed us to be more productive. Nothing falls through the cracks anymore.
ProsIts hard to explain how much this program has helped shape the way our team functions. It took a while for us to go digital due to the intensive and complicated paper system we were using. But once we took the leap to we had no regrets.
ConsA bit pricey, and there's a learning curve at the beginning but well worth the money and time investment.
Inés P.
Service Manager
Telecommunications, Unspecified
March 31, 2018

“I am 100% satisfied”

ProsI am 100% satisfied with the services I have obtained from Artbase since the quality of them has been the one I expected, I do not have any complaints about their service, I recommend it widely as one of the best in their field. request their services.
ConsI have no complaints about the site, everything has seemed excellent to me so far, I will continue to use the service for a long time.
March 31, 2018
Marlan B.

“Awesome Organizational Database”

ProsVery easy to use great training videos Totally great system for artists and collectors/museums
ConsTook a bit of time to learn A tiny bit more expensive than other systems, but totally worth the money!
May 29, 2019

“Great system for Smaller Galleries”

ProsThe training videos are helpful and well-thought out to anticipate most basic questions. The personalized training is very good. It is a powerful system, but also works well for small galleries. The system was a great improvement for tracking images.
ConsLike all software systems, there is a bit of a learning curve. If you don't know something you can just ask the support team. Not the cheapest system - but you get what you pay for!
May 29, 2019
Hayley D.
Producer
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

“The best out there! ”

ProsThe best UI and customer service in the world!
ConsNothing comes to mind - it's just great software.
Aaron P.
Creative
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

“Art Base review”

OverallExcellent!
ProsIt's very easy to use and I found the personalized training to be very good. The online training videos are excellent and very helpful, I use them often. It's a robust system with many useful features.
ConsIt took me a little while to learn all of the features but the online training videos were very helpful with this.
Magdalena M.
Registrar
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
May 18, 2019

“A great system for galleries”

OverallExcellent customer service. I couldn't recommend more highly!
ProsA very powerful program with a lot of features (invoices, email offers, accounting reports).
ConsTook me a little while to learn all the features but training and customer service are excellent.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
October 8, 2019

“'Exceptional Solution'”

ProsIts a fruitful system for an Artist, I got this program six months ago and the quality of that program is amazing. besides, the videos are really helpful to understand the system. it has almost everything what i want.
ConsAbsolutely no complain, if you face some problems, ask the support, they respond quickly.
October 8, 2019
Margaret B.
July 11, 2017

“Great support system online as well as during business hours”

ProsThis is very convenient because it has 3 pricing options: 2 subscription options and 1 subscription-free option.
ConsIt's a little pricey but there are different options as far as frequency of use and degree of usage.
July 11, 2017