RescueAssist Ratings

Overall

About RescueAssist

GoToAssist is now RescueAssist. RescueAssist offers market-leading remote support and ITIL-based service desk management to enhance IT operations and reduce cost. Key new features include lightning-fast connection time, right fit support including chat, remote view, and file transfer, in-channel support (integrations with apps like Slack), and mobile device support + camera share. Learn more about RescueAssist

Tom M.
IT Directro
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“Rescue Assist is the perfect support platform for our business”

OverallWith this program, I can help install and repair, plus train associates remotely from any desktop. This includes my laptop when I am away from the office, or even my android phone.
ProsFull control over a PC/Thin Client/Server I use this software daily for support on any level where seeing what the associate is describing is important to find a quick resolution. Unattended support setup, allows a computer to be left on at work, where updates or repairs are necessary after hours. I have Unattended support set up on all of our servers, and I do updates and adjustments remotely with ease. Any computer that needs help that is not set up for unattended support may be assisted with the user allowing the browser to install the assist program quickly and easily. I am able to assist associates that are using their own equipment when necessary.
ConsThere is a box that pops up when you attempt to use the unassisted support, and many times a user will click no, do not allow by mistake. If you already have the hardware set up for unattended support, why the delay to connect.
Joe T.
Help Desk Coordinator
August 15, 2017

“Simple, Easy-To-Use Remote Support Tool. No Bloat, No Problems.”

OverallRemote support at a decent price per support agent, an easy-to-use tool, with some customizable options, but definitely some things missing that can be improved on. No bloat at all, the servie runs nicely on the remote user's PC or Mac, and I'm easily able to support and help the user with their problem. The product doesn't get in the way, and that's the best part.
ProsThere are many remote support tools, but GoToAssist is the simplest of all the tools. There's no bloatware, like other 'team viewing' software, there's just a simple installer for both agent and user. The usability makes it something that I can use every single day, as well as all of my team too. I've never had a disconnection based on the software, only on the user's connection speed being an issue. The best part is that it's almost completely seamless with yoursupport business.
ConsIt may sound silly, but I'd like a way to keybind an F-key or something to a "Start Support Session", and having the support URL saved to my clipboard automatically when a new session is started. It's the little things, but there's not much to complain about with GoToAssist.
YagneshKumar P.
Software Engineer
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
December 13, 2017

“Great Supporting tool via remote”

OverallAbility to transfers files, record sessions, connect more than one end-user, chat option to take notes for the issues and much more
ProsGo to Assist offers a wide variety of feature, First; with unlimited live end-user support- with one click i am able to convert a phone session with a customer into an online support session. Secondly, Session Reporting where i am able to jot down notes during the session, track my time spent, and more importantly record my session and download them for archiving and training purposes. Third, I am able to transfer files securely to my customer's pc and diagnose the issue. Fourth, GoToAssist has a dynamic remote support, where it enables multi-sessions for up to eight customers at a single time, transfer, files and reboot/reconnect if need be. Last but not Least, GoToAssist offers a trail version for users who want to test the software.
ConsThe lack of support, There were times when i had questions about the new features or even basic support for GoToAssist but thier customer support isn't sufficient to respond back in time, or it takes time for them to return to my messages via email.
December 13, 2017
Computer Networking, 1001-5000 employees
January 7, 2019

“GoTo the Rescue!”

OverallIt makes remote access and support so easy, that it really comes down to being the most important software in my business. Without RescueAssist, I wouldn't be able to do my job sufficiently, and this just makes it that much easier.
ProsThe ease of use it what truly makes this a must have software for any remote support. Being able to have a single exe file to load on the fly, provide a session code and then have full remote control for support is what keeps my customers happy. Without a reliable, easy to use software like RescueAssist, I wouldn't have a job.
ConsWith the newest OSX, unfortunately the user has to go into their security preferences and allow control of their computer. By default this is disabled so the first time the user will have to unlock the security settings and enable it.
January 7, 2019
Shae J.
Human Resources Director
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“Premier Desktop Remote-in Application”

ProsQuick and easy to learn with minimal to no learning curve for new users. Same goes for end-users when working with clients. Easy to navigate and open several sessions allowing a single user to simultaneously remote into multiple computers. This product has been integral in troubleshooting issues for clients, updating our software solutions remotely, looking at computers specs and watching client daily operations to allow for effective communication.
ConsNo cons to report at this time. As I'm always looking to reduce costs, I regularly look at other vendors. I have not been able to find a comparable product at a lower price point. As such, we will be sticking with GoTo Assist for the foreseeable future.
December 12, 2018
Giridhar S.
Campaign Executive
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 28, 2019

“best of the best cloud based remote desktop Tool”

OverallI have been using GoToAssist to provide technical support to my clients mostly and it helps me a lot in resolving all the issues in real time as it's a cloud based remote desktop tool. I was using this tool since 2012 and as of now resolved nearly more than 5000 customer and clients technical issues without any delay. Thanks a lot to this tool as it's always helps me a lot in delivering customer's business on time :)
ProsThe Most I like in GoToAssist is: 1. We can easily connect using remote desktop and secure 2. We can Access and Control unattended computers 3. Can Send files using this tool 4. Can Control PC and Apple MAC computers 5. Inbuilt Chat option 6. Real time customer Support
ConsIf I can get it for free for a lifetime then there'll be no dislikes about this tool :D
March 28, 2019
Francis P.
Sr. Network Systems Admin.
Public Policy, 501-1000 employees
June 27, 2018

“GoToAssist Review”

OverallGoToAssist by Citrix is a cloud-based remote support and mobile device support solution. The service is easy to set up, and fast and comfortable to use; anyone with some troubleshooting skills can provide assistance in minutes. It's an excellent solution for companies looking for inexpensive remote IT support.
ProsThis software product has a easy to use GUI. It allows to connect to remote devices. It also allows to do screen sharing and remote control the devices. Moreover, it also allows to share or transfer files. It is very intuitive and cloud based application. There is also recording feature included in this product.
ConsIt is not a cheap software. It is a subscription based application. It could be difficult for non-computer savvy or normal average users.
June 27, 2018
Josue H.
Network Engineer
July 30, 2018

“This software is the best ”

OverallBest software in the IT world and there is no day I don't used this software to connect with a client one of the best tools any tech can have in the IT support arsenal ..
Prosreally easy to used you just login and you are ready to used it and its so easy that you have way to connect with clients if you work with IT like I do you can email links for clients to connect or you simply provide them the website and the code for clients to connect with you... I cannot live without this software on the IT world.
ConsNo cons at all the software is self explanatory and they have well documented steps on the software on how to used it really really easy to used and no tech should live with out it.
July 30, 2018
Marvin P.
Computer Technician 1
July 23, 2018

“we use this at work for all of our remoting. Works great and has good usable features as well.”

OverallGreat software, great featuers, a bit on the pricy side! Best benefit is the abuilty to send and receive data such as programs and or error logs.
ProsThis is our go to software for work. Obviously we use the for on demand customer service, but we also use it when we need to remote into a computer or server unattended. One of the great things about this software is the ability to send and receive files during the remote session, making it easy to install software or download log files when troubleshooting issues.
Consits a bit pricy, we've even discussed moving to an in house platform for remote software, but some of the features you get with GoToAssist are just not available with in house solutions.
July 23, 2018
Paul B.
Technology Coordinator
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
July 2, 2018

“I have used several remote control packages and this is one of, if not the best, I've ever used. ”

OverallEase of use and ease for users to allow me to connect. I like the unassisted option that makes it easier for me to work on systems during peoples off hours but doesn't compromise their login credentials.
ProsIt's easy to setup new users and easy to use. When I have to connect in with someone I don't have unassisted access to their system it's easy for them to follow the on-screen prompts to allow me to connect.
ConsSometimes, not very often, I've had issues with updates causing issues with certain other software on systems that I connect to. I wish it were easier to "rollback" an update to an earlier version so they could have time to create a patch - which they have done for me in the past.
July 2, 2018
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 30, 2018

“Go-To-Assist is the best remote desktop solution for our business”

ProsI've used Go-To-Assist for over four years and it has been a great experience. The best features are the ability to obtain diagnostic information on the host machine with the click of a button and the ability to have other support team members join a session. Restarting a customer's machine has been very useful because of the ability to reconnect the session. Highly recommended A+++
ConsI wish GoToAssist had the ability to capture and store screenshots, rather than using an external 3rd party tool, This would provide a repository that would be easily accessible for reference.
August 30, 2018
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1001-5000 employees
July 9, 2018

“Our clients love GoToAssist.”

ProsGotoassist simplifies the process of remotely communication between my organization and our clients and even between the team at work. I am able to screen share with my colleagues at the workplace, comment on files and documents remotely. I see this tool as a better alternative to Google doc. It is easy to setup and install ,and interestingly a lot of our clients have come to accept this tool courtesy our recommendation.
ConsRequires a fast internet network connection to function quickly and from experience every remote communication tool requires same too.
July 9, 2018
Timothy G.
Network Technician
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great, dependable remote software”

OverallNo lag, no bugs, just a great piece of software that looks and feels just like a Windows RDP session. And the setup process is simple for the admin and the user.
ProsOf all of the remote software I've used, including Teamviewer, VNC, and Webbex support, this makes it easiest for the end user to join a session and has the nicest user interface for the supporter. You can either direct the user to a simple URl where they will be asked to enter the session code to join a session or, you can send them the direct Url to your session where they simply install the agent and relax. Nothing much to go wrong in the setup process. The sessions feel just like sitting at the computer and mimic the Windows RDP experience. No lag, no bugs, just a great piece of software.
ConsThe price is a bit higher than other solutions and you don't need this if you have a windows environment that is all on the same network or routable via VPN.
September 30, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 24, 2018

“Learning Curve but Stable Product”

ProsWe heavily use this product on a day to day basis, and I have to say, it's very stable. I can count on it to work every time, which is very important when we are trying to get on an angry client's screen. The unattended access feature is easy to set up and easy to access.
ConsIt's weird but there is no clear way to log on and off the desktop application. When setting up a new user and testing their account I had to cancel the tool multiple times from the task manager to get a login screen. The learning curve is a little high, takes a little bit of time to get use to the features and how to use them. I also wish more than one person can enter an unattended session from the unattended access point.
October 24, 2018
Miguel R.
IT
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
February 24, 2017

“IT Tools made easy with GoToAssist”

OverallGoToAssist is a solid product. It can't get any easier when remotely providing support. Being a user for 2 years, I sometimes take for granted how much easier it's gotten. We use to use VNC, Teamviewer and Join.me, however, started having issues when a product marked as Free then was no longer free, or how another product is just not safe to have in your network. With GoToAssist you get the ease of use for both the person providing support and the person receiving support. Although it's not free if you are a Non-Profit there are ways to significantly reduce the price by half on a yearly subscription.
ProsEase of Use Intuitive Offers other built-in tools
ConsRetail Price a little high compared to other free products
February 24, 2017
Marshall H.
JR ERP ADMIN
Wholesale, 501-1000 employees
August 31, 2018

“Excellent Software”

OverallGreat program. Would recommend to other companies looking for remote assistance software.
ProsWe use GoToAssist everyday for remote support to our branch offices all over the United States. It works great for us. The ability to remote into any machine we need to and control, monitor or install software/updates makes this software a life saver.
ConsBetter support for mobile devices. We use a lot of iPads out in the field and would love to be able to remote in and grab information or troubleshoot issues for the non technical sales reps.
August 31, 2018
Manny P.
Network Administrator
February 5, 2018

“Great remote access software. ”

OverallSimple setup for you and the consumer. In just a few minutes you get computer access.
ProsMake's remote support simple to use. Clients get a keycode to install software and you are in and out.
ConsThe software was buggy at times and couldn't connect and the computer was on trying to get remote support. Pricing very steep when compared to other companies who do the same thing and have the same features and services. When compared to other companies it's still has a lot more work to do to be charging what they charge.
February 5, 2018
Michael C.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
December 5, 2018

“Simple footprint, Trusted Citrix platform. Easy for customers.”

OverallThis has my recommendation because of the overall quality, like i mentioned before it has a super small footprint for client, and they do not need any real technical knowledge to initiate the support. I have tried with some of my own family, you know that computer illiterate aunty we all have. Yes, even her found going to a website address straight forward enough. Speed and technical infrastructure of this platform keeps me an avid user.
ProsI love the easy way you can initiate support with a client, just by pointing the to the simple www.fastsupport.com website. Nothing more they need to do and you can be, screen sharing, full control or even file sharing for troubleshooting and remote desktop. There is even an unattended support and the ability to run multiple instances simultaneously form a technician perspective. I have always used this infrastructure and as a customer focused business, this is professional and great value.
ConsThere are many competing products, so some clients don't like to have multiple remote desktop software installed for their personal needs, then their professional outsourcing. The only thing this is missing is some form of VoIP in the basic plans.
December 5, 2018
Karrie R.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 19, 2015

“GoToAssist convenient for connecting to users, and servers. ”

ProsI've used this product working at many companies. It's a quick time-saving way to connect to customers computers and resolve issues quickly. You can have a list of customers if you need to reconnect or use only a one-time connection with no saved option to reconnect. I can take care of more issues using this tool than any other remote connection tool. I like the one time use of the product or saving connections to use in the future.
ConsPricing is what I like least about GoToAssist. That is the only thing I like least about this product. Everything else about this product works great and I've never had problems or confusion from customers connecting to the product.
Recommendations to other buyersWeigh the cost of the product versus benefit to customers and volume of calls. As you always want to keep your cost low. Although this is a great product, cost can be high. Really try to work out a good deal with the vendor.
February 19, 2015
Jason J.
Insurance, 11-50 employees
February 25, 2019

“The Perfect Software for the IT Person”

OverallI have had a great experience with RescueAssist and I would recommend it to any IT professional.
ProsRescueAssist has been some of the most helpful software in my career. The ease of use as well as the options available for the price are unbelievable. I can manage 40 people's computers without leaving my home. The ability to control employee's' computers from my home is an absolute time saver.
ConsSometimes the software doesn't work correctly and won't pull up a support session, but usually exiting out and logging back in will fix this.
February 25, 2019
SHERRI C.
OWNER
Retail, 1-10 employees
January 5, 2017

“CITRIX GO TO ASSIST”

OverallI have been using this product for about a year. When it works it is very user-friendly and we use it many times a week, sometimes daily. I use the product to connect to my retail store and office computer from my laptop when traveling and/or away from the business. It tends to lose its connection for no particular reason, not often but seemingly at the worst time. I would recommend it regardless of this issue - it is a bit pricey for 1 PC connection
ProsEasy to use and navigate - immediate connections with a click - ability to transfer files
ConsConnection fails sometimes - pricey
Recommendations to other buyersSet the price for people like me who are hooking into multiple networks - address connectivity issues.
January 5, 2017
December 14, 2018

“Lifesaver when you are out of the office”

ProsI am the only IT guy in a company of about 50 users and this is a lifesaver when I am out of the office or across the campus. Setup the unattended and you can also do updates on single machines remotely.
ConsSometimes the unattended function shows offline and you have to try for a while to get it on. Most of the time it comes on, but sometimes it will not.
December 14, 2018
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2018

“Fantastic way to access remote computers!”

OverallIt helped our company to become more efficient when providing technical support to our clients.
ProsThis software has everything I need to login and troubleshoot all of my client's computers. It helps us to be way more efficient when providing technical support to clients.
ConsOccasionally the connection is slow and the remote computer doesn't respond as fast as I would like it to.
July 17, 2018
Larissa H.
IT Support Specialist
April 17, 2018

“Best remote support software I have used in six years as a support technician! ”

ProsEasy to deploy, use, maintain, and start session for users. In addition to the unattended support feature, they have several URLs users can easily navigate to, which results in shorter time to session.
ConsCost - this is one of the more expensive remote support tools I have ever paid for. I had to really push to get it approved, but I'd say it's worth the price!
April 17, 2018
March 7, 2018

“We use this for 35 users and we love it. It looks a bit outdated but works well.”

ProsI love being able to add unattended access to all the computers within our organization. It saves us a lot of travel time being able to remote into a machine and fix an issue versus traveling onsite to do a basic repair.
ConsI use the Mac version mostly and it is lagging far behind the look and feel of the Windows version. They should absolutely upgrade it.
March 7, 2018
October 16, 2019

“Makes providing remote support a breeze”

OverallWe have been able to provide easy support and cut down support calls significantly by allowing technicians to see the whole picture when the client has limited computer knowledge.
ProsI like that the software is easy to use, the connection is smooth and it has been stable most of the time.
ConsToo many steps and confusing instructions for the people receiving support.
October 16, 2019
Brett S.
IT Helpdesk Analyst
December 7, 2017

“Gret program, does what it's supposed to”

OverallQuick way to repair systems remotely that are not on the domain (Field techs mostly), it gets the job done in most cases.
ProsIT's fast, can easily share sessions between other technicians to complete a job, and it's reliable on reboot
ConsLacks some of the logging/advanced features of other remote software, such as log me in rescue which allows you to customize it a bit more.
December 7, 2017
Tom Y.
Senior Front-End Developer
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“Remote software for anyone”

OverallRescueAssist is easy to use and do the job. If the Mac part will be automated again it will be one of the greatest tools on the market.
ProsIt is easy to apply to machines and use. The unattended installer is a must for pretty much anyone in our department. Just click and go. I have the option to remote to clients and show them what ever they need with a access key, email or the unattended installer. Plenty of options. The chat function is pretty nice and all the other features are working fine.
ConsWe have some issues with mac computers. You need to enable the software in security settings etc. The automation you have in Windows do unfortunately not copy into Mac. That's the only thing I can put a finger on besides the support that is very limited if you do not have a direct contact.
Computer Hardware, 1001-5000 employees
April 3, 2019

“Easy Remote help”

OverallSometimes the customer cannot explain correctly the problem or you cannot explain them how do the things, GoToAssist can help you to create a remote connection and fix the computer remotely.
ProsYou can have the FULL control of the machine (User must run the software like admin) and you can troubleshoot the machine for BSOD, driver installation, Office Activation, etc You can chat directly with the user using the software you can share the clipboard, useful to share links or commands Easy to connect, just send a link, customer open the link and run the software, done! You are now connected.
ConsUser must run the software like admin Sometimes has connection problems
April 3, 2019
Marianna M.
reception
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use! ”

OverallGreat! Super easy and convenient.
ProsMy office has constantly been having an issue with our installed doorbell and about every week, I have to call customer support and have them fix it. Since the doorbell is synced with our wifi, the only way customer support can help me is if they connect with my computer. They send me a code for GoToAssist and connect within seconds. They quickly fix what needs to be fixed and move on. It's very convenient and I don't have to do anything. They can just come in, get it done, then leave.
ConsI have no complaints about this program at all. The only thing that I have an issue with is not knowing what exactly the other end can do when they connect with my computer. Can they save anything from my computer without me knowing? I'm sure all of this info is in the software information and I haven't read it but I have privacy issues and always worry about people logging onto my computer.
DEREK C.
OFFICE MANAGER
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2018

“I use when I need tech support and to allow secure remote access”

OverallSecure help from different techs from many different programs. It assist with long term learning for me to better run my clinic
ProsSoftware allows for tech support to remote into my computer or server and address issues over a secure connection. It is only a temporary download, so with that it helps to minimize any security threats. I am able to watch and work with techs this way and even learn how to fix things myself long term
ConsThe only thing that can be liked least about this software is that you have to take the extra few minutes to download it each time. That being said it's 100% necessary for security which definitely comes first
July 24, 2018
Dan G.
IT Consultant
June 4, 2018

“Great software”

ProsLet me feel like I was sitting right in front of the system know matter where it was. Logging in was seamless.
ConsThe ability to capture system information was limited compared to out remote access software. Lacked the ability to run commands remotely without logging in.
June 4, 2018
Ray L.
IT - Mgr
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
October 3, 2016

“University of Miami - IT MGR - Athletics ”

OverallIt easy to use if offer a website for users to connect easily, your can also email links and a key. I use this daily and have never had and issue. Besides supporting others, I have my computers setup for easy Unattend remote accsess.
ProsYou can be up and running in less than 5 mins. You can setup unattend remote support to rub as a service.
ConsI've been using for about 2 years and haven't found any cons.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you looking for a Remote Desktop support, sign up for the trial you won't be disappointed
October 3, 2016
Carl H.
Business Process Analyst
Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees
January 12, 2018

“Excellent Remote SupportTool”

ProsGoToAssist is very easy to use and enable us to remotely assist our end users. It gives us the ability to screen share, and even take control where necessary. We can share files, apply patches, and do any other kind of support necessary. Our company has end users scattered throughout the country, and this tool allows me to easily access and support them no matter where they are.
ConsThe only possible con is that it is a little more expensive than some of the competitors out there, but considering the reliability we have had with it, I cannot complain about that.
January 12, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2019

“Great tool and easy to use!”

ProsWe've used other remote tools before such as remote desktop, but this one seems a lot more reliable to use. Dealing with scattered employees throughout the world, we are able to quickly resolve any issues they might be having - anywhere in the world. The connection is always very quick with very little lag time.
ConsThere really isn't anything that I can say negatively about this software. There might be lag here or there, but that might be based just on the connection and not the software itself.
January 15, 2019
Mohit M.
Senior Assistant ERP
Farming, 1001-5000 employees
August 24, 2018

“One of the best IT support toolset”

ProsUsing since last 4 years, ideal in offering customized IT support environment in an organization. Best solution for remotely accesing Computers and servers for troubleshooting and support purpose. Further ideal for organizing small training (one on one or with multiple users) with desktop/client screen sharing feature . Must have for IT Support team.
ConsSlow network response time (Occasionally) and sometime remote system become unresponsive after long use. Apart from this no problem faced till now.
August 24, 2018
Clarissa W.
Project Management Assistant
Construction, 201-500 employees
May 4, 2018

“A great way to provide in-house tech support to our crews in the field!”

OverallI am able to assist our field guys with their software/computer issues right from my office, quickly and efficiently!
ProsI am the "resident tech-support" in our office for almost all of our superintendents and field crews. If they're having trouble with a program, or their laptop, I'm usually their first resort, before we call the outsourced IT company we use. For a lot of our jobs out of town, it's difficult for the supervisors to get their laptop in quickly to be checked in person, and Go-To-Assist makes it easy and efficient for me to access their computer and (usually) quickly resolve the issue they're having! I love that I can see and control their computer right from my office, no matter where they are, as long as they have an internet connection.
ConsThere really isn't anything I can think of that I don't like about this software. I've never had any issues with it, other than a little bit of lag, which is due to internet connections and not the software!
May 4, 2018
Cam P.
Network Support Specialist
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
February 14, 2018

“What we use for remote support”

ProsOur staff really seem to like it, the email to invite feature really works for us. The fact that you can run it as a service is a plus as well.
ConsSome times we experience indeterminacy, and dropped sessions, not all the time but it happens even when we have good connections.
February 14, 2018
February 2, 2019

“Very useful software. Limited on MacOS”

OverallOnce a session is established it is easy to provide technical support with almost no lag in the process. On MacOS, it is a little limited because it does not have annotation /drawing features or the ability to Restart as Admin to perform certain commands. Besides that, the software is simple, easy to use and fast.
ProsIt allows you to give clients fast technical support with little to no delays in the process.
ConsClients that are not tech-savvy find it difficult to join a session.
February 2, 2019
June 12, 2018

“Easy Unattended Sessions for Remote Support”

ProsUsing unattended sessions is very easy, and has most features that we need while accessing a client system remotely.
ConsSetting up unattended sessions is difficult for some end users, due to the way they access the system we need access to.
June 12, 2018
Jennifer L.
CIA
November 14, 2017

“My favorite way to shadow end users”

ProsThis software is great for shadowing end users in a support role. It allows you to connect to users no matter what security is set up.
ConsThe client typically has to quickly install this. However, it is a quick process and easy to walk the user through.
November 14, 2017
Jacob M.
Printing, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2017

“GoToAssist allows me to remotely provide support in an easy and effective way. ”

OverallGoToAssist allows me to remotely provide support anytime from almost anywhere. It has been a lifesaver at times when I'm not on site but support is needed.
ProsI love that I can provide support using GoToAssist from my phone, tablet, and PC. There are times when I only have my phone on me and through their mobile app I can still get work done when needed.
ConsI wish I could be logged in from two devices at once with my same login. It hasn't been a huge deal though.
John C.
Designer
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 10, 2018

“One of the most user-friendly remote desktop platforms I've encountered.”

Pros- It is very easy to setup and configure across our entire company. - Simple interface allows for quick and easy connection to remote computers. This is very handy when we have a team member in the field with a problem that we need to troubleshoot.
Cons- It's pricey, their subscription model definitely works for larger companies, unfortunately this doesn't work as a viable solution long term for us. - I've noticed that once when I updated the software, it didn't take and caused a bug that forced me to uninstall and reinstall the program.
Gary C.
Consultant
Computer Software, Unspecified
2.5/5
August 9, 2016

“GoToAssist”

ProsEasy to use and easy to connect to friends I help with their issues. I have a few older folk who own computers but aren't too savvy and it is easy to get them to download the file and run the GoToAssist setup.
ConsNeed to be able to get it consistently on a need to use basis, I don't charge a lot of the people and a subscription is daunting. I don't seem to be able to pay a one-time fee anymore.
Recommendations to other buyersNone, I have never used any other applications for remote connection.
August 9, 2016
Matthew C.
Technical Support Specialist
October 9, 2018

“Quick and Easy screen-sharing!”

OverallRegardless of the client's display be it an old PC or even a newer Mac, I'm able to view their content and resolve / explain issues quite easily.
ProsIt is very easy to provide clients with a URL and the screen-share session is up in less than 2 minutes. This makes troubleshooting client's computers very quick and painless.
ConsThe GUI is a bit dated in comparison to some of the competition.
October 9, 2018
Sam M.
Freelancer
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 11, 2019

“Fairly simple remote access support software”

ProsAs a user of this product, I was advised to download this software by my Verizon tech coach so that they could remotely access my phone to help assist me with my problem. It was a fairly simple and straight forward process at my end.
ConsTo be honest, I didn't have any major issues as it was the tech support guide that was the main user of the software.
September 11, 2019
Tony Y.
February 20, 2019

“Another Logmein solution.”

Pros1. Cost effective way (per seat) to get remote access, attended or unattended. 2. Easy instructions for client side to navigate and run the remote software.
Cons1. Sometimes it can get laggy. Especially on slow connections. 2. Cost can build up quickly if you are paying for a large group of people for remote access.
February 20, 2019
Sloan S.
July 12, 2018

“My favorite enterprise remote support app!”

Pros+ Set-and-forget - install for managed IT and it's there when you need it. + Auto-updates on client machines + Allows for clients to consent to remote support
Cons- Versioning is an issue on some machines - if the client's machine does not update, it can become impossible to connect. This happens most often with clients who "break things" and is not a frequent occurrence.
July 12, 2018
Julia W.
Director of Administrative Services
June 11, 2018

“Great tool to be able to connect computers with your customers to help them with technical issues. ”

OverallEasy tool for your customers to be able to connect to you with.
ProsOne of the easiest systems for customers to be able to connect with. Also very easy for our employees to use.
ConsI wish there was a recording option with this service. To be able to offer a recording to a customer so that they can remember how something was done would be great.
June 11, 2018
Anthony A.
Welcome Team
October 17, 2018

“GoToAssist Overall Positive”

ProsCan remote onto customers windows based systems and assist with issues with ease. no issues with program once connected
ConsCannot remote onto a customers IOS device, I know this is asking alot but would be the cherry on top for customer service.
October 17, 2018