OutMatch Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5

About OutMatch

A simple, yet powerful platform that delivers instant hiring intelligence PLUS the ability to discover and maximize talent across your organization. Predictive assessments, video interviewing, reference checking software, culture assessments, and leadership simulations. Learn more about OutMatch

Sarah C.
Manager, Training & Development
Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

“Outstanding Assessment Vendor”

OverallCustomer service is exceptional. Our set up was super easy. Any time they have updated content or the system was going to be down for maintenance we are notified well in advance. OutMatch is a great assessment partner!
ProsOutMatch is easy to use and comes with built in job capsules to make assessment set up simple and easy. The software integrates with our HRIS system and automatically sends an assessment to candidates when they apply. The software not only provides competency results, it provides insights on behavioral questions to ask the candidate, in addition to a development plan once hired to leverage their strengths and close the gaps on opportunities for improvement. If a candidate is not a great fit for the role they applied to, but there is another job we think they would succeed at, OutMatch has the ability to select another job and take the candidates scores from their original assessment and apply them to the competency assessment for another role.
ConsNot Applicable - there is nothing that I would change

By OutMatch on June 20, 2019
Thanks Sarah! So glad to hear we're a great assessment partner for you! That's exactly what we strive to be :) Also glad to hear that your set up and integration were simple and easy, and that you're enjoying the Interview, Development, and Job Matching guides within the candidate report. You say there's nothing you would change - which is great! If you ever have feature requests or enhancement ideas, please send our way. We love collaborating with customers.
Amanda N.
Recruiting Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Useful Assessment”

OverallWe have found outmatch to be accurate with hiring the quality of candidates that we need on our sales team.
ProsWe love how Outmatch generates questions based on candidates weaknesses. Just because a candidate scores low in an area, doesn't mean that they can't overcome their weaknesses, so outmatch gives them a chance to explain how they would do that.
ConsI wish that we would get email notifications when a candidate completes the assessment.

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Amanda! I love to hear that our assessment is helping you hire top-quality candidates for your sales team. I'm also glad you're enjoying the behavioral interview questions and using it as a way to help candidates overcome their weak areas. If you'd like to get email notifications when a candidate completes the assessment, you absolutely can. It's a setting you can turn on for any job you'd like. Reach out to your company's admin, or your Customer Success Manager here at OutMatch - we're happy to help!
Jennifer F.
HR Talent Coordinator
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
June 17, 2019

“Outmatch has streamlined our recruiting process!”

OverallMy experience with Outmatch has been great. From the great team who has offered us support and guidance to the assessments themselves being aligned with our companies competencies is great. I truly feel that these assessments help guide and direct our hiring and are a huge part of our talent acquisition process.
ProsWe have been able to customize the assessment around the competencies we value as an organization. The assessments have helped streamline our recruiting process, by not only assessing candidates against our competencies, but then providing tangible data that the manager can review. The interview guide is great and has helped replace a portion of our in house interview guide.
ConsI think the software is great. I don't know that I can offer any cons. I have had no issues using the software or reading the reports.

By OutMatch on June 19, 2019
Thanks, Jennifer! It's great to hear that our assessments are helping to guide your hiring and have become a huge part of your talent acquisition process. I'm glad we're able to assess your candidates and provide helpful data to your hiring managers. Customizing the assessment for clients is one of our favorite things to -- that's how we know it will be a perfect fit! Thanks for your kind words about our software and our team :)
Natalie F.
Recruiter
Banking, 201-500 employees
June 24, 2019

“Great dashboard and easy to read results!”

OverallWe are using Outmatch to better assist us during interviews and to help find qualified candidates and filter through candidates that are not the best fit. Overall, I love the ease of reading the results.
ProsI love the visuals and the simplicity of reading the results of an assessment. The different categories and the way the results are categorized make it easy to analyze.
ConsI have a hard time finding the correct job descriptions when going to add a new hiring profile or job. It could be because we are a pretty niche company with only mortgage specific and retail banking jobs, but I have a hard time finding the accurate job profiles that relate to the actual job we're hiring for.

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Natalie! I'm so glad our assessment is helping you find top-quality candidates and assist you during interviews. I'm also glad you find the results and dashboards easy to use. Sorry to hear about the difficulty in finding the jobs you're looking for. Our job library is meant to include all job types across industries, but for niche companies and roles, we can absolutely create something that's specific to you. Let your Customer Success Manager know if you'd like to learn more!
Liane C.
Director, Talent Mgmt & Leadership Dev
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees
June 21, 2019

“Effective tools for selection and development”

OverallOverall, Outmatch is a thought partner and willing to help think outside of the box. They are generally very responsive to needs. I would just like more time to discuss the broader suite of resources - more follow up in this space.
ProsThe ease of use and navigating the profile results and interview guides. I like that the guides are customizable to meet business needs.
ConsThe Onboarding/Development Plan has a lot of information that make it hard to interpret overall themes and actions. I know changes are in the works to improve that.

By OutMatch on June 24, 2019
Thanks Liane. I'm so glad to hear you consider us a thought partner - that's what we strive to be! I'm also glad you find the software easy to use, and you're enjoying the interview guides. On the development side, you're absolutely right. New capabilities are coming! Thanks for your feedback there. Also, I've let your Customer Support Manager know that you'd like more time to discuss our broader suite of resources.
June 21, 2019
Christy S.
HR Director
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
June 24, 2019

“Great Tool at a Great Price”

OverallOutmatch has helped us better compared candidates & has provided a great tool for development post onboarding
ProsIt is easy to use & provides relevant data
ConsI have not found anything with the software of concern

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Christy! I'm glad to hear that OutMatch is helping you better compare candidates and develop them post-hire. I'm also glad you feel the software is easy to use and provides valuable data. It's great that you have no concerns - but, if you ever have questions or feedback down the road, we're here! Feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager anytime.
Alyssa P.
Talent Acqusition Specialist
Restaurants, 5001-10,000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Updates are Amazing”

OverallIt has been great! Any question I have had been quickly answered.
ProsIt is so easy to administer and read. Our operations leaders love this new assessment, as it is much more comprehensive than the older version. It also gives amazing interview questions based on the assessment.
ConsI don't receive emails once it's completed - which may just be a feature that hasn't been turned on yet.

By OutMatch on June 27, 2019
Thanks Alyssa! I'm glad you're enjoying the new platform, you find the assessment easy to use, and you've gotten all your questions answered. I'm also glad your ops leaders love it - that's always great to hear! You're absolutely right about the email notifications - this is a setting you can turn on. Ask your company's admin, or feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager here at OutMatch for help :)
June 26, 2019
Ryan O.
Site Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Efficient Candidate Screening”

OverallGreat company that really helps make our job easier!
ProsOutMatch is incredibly helpful for our company. With an applicant pool of over 500 candidates, we need an assessment which can help us see who really has the aptitude to thrive in the role. OutMatch provides just that.
ConsWhen looking at the overall list of candidates, I wish that it showed each individual's overall score instead of just the stars. You have to click into it to get the details. This is minor, though.

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Ryan! I'm so happy to hear that we're making your job easier and helping you spot top-potential candidates in your large applicant pool. You make a good point about being able see candidate scores vs. star ratings in the candidate dashboard. I will pass this feedback along to our product teams!
Sarah R.
HR Business Partner
June 13, 2018

“I set up assessments for all roles that are open, and have all candidates complete ”

ProsEasy to use and set up. It's a great tool for managers to use during interviews to verify if a quality is accurate, especially using the suggested questions in the assessment
ConsSometimes I can't find the role I'm looking for, and most assessments start out saying that the candidate is not always accommodating of others
June 13, 2018
Keith S.
Director of Management Training & Development
Hospitality, 5001-10,000 employees
July 27, 2017

“Great group to work with. Very responsive across the board from everyone we have come in contact ”

OverallHelps as a data point in the selection process and as a development tool
ProsResponsiveness and the change culture with the product. They listen to the feedback given and have made changes to the delivery of the results and development reports
ConsFor managers we do not test each person who applies so it is manual process for our Recruiter to send out
July 27, 2017
Jillian B.
Sales Recruiter
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees

“Love using OutMatch!”

ProsVery User-Friendly, easy to use if you are not familiar with the site, allows me to pile my candidates into different sections by geo location
ConsSometimes i think the results are a little too harsh - i think everything about 3.4 should be a good match not fair

By OutMatch on July 2, 2019
Thanks, Jillian! So glad to hear you love using OutMatch, and it's helping you sort candidates in a way that makes most sense for you.Great feedback about the good vs. fair match distinction. I'm happy to pass this along. Also, if you'd like to set custom thresholds for incoming candidates (it may not change the wording, but it could change how you see and use your candidate dashboard) your Client Success Manager can help with this :)
Paul W.
Area Director
Food & Beverages, 5001-10,000 employees

“It's a hit!”

ProsSucceed is a great addition to the system. I really appreciate the career path aspect, it helps motivate employees to higher performance. The system is very intuitive and easy to work through.
ConsI would like to be able to port or move existing assessments from an older platform rather than have current employees take a new assessment on the updated platform.

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Paul! I love to hear that our software is a hit! I'm glad you're enjoying the new Succeed feature with the career pathing guides - the fact that's it's motivating employee performance is fantastic! I see your point about having to re-assess employees. That can be a pain. We don't plan on moving platforms again, so hopefully this isn't an issue as new candidates become employees and all data is housed in one system. Also, we're releasing more enhancements soon that will make it even easier to use pre-hire assessments for development post-hire. Stay tuned!
Julia J.
Associate Recruiter
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees

“User Friendly ”

ProsThe software is user friendly. Employees are able to use the software with ease.
ConsMore roles would be helpful. Some of the roles listed are general.

By OutMatch on June 20, 2019
Thanks, Julia! Glad to hear you're finding the software easy to use. We're happy to help with any roles you feel are missing or are too general for your needs. We can also create tailored profiles specific to your organization and roles. Reach out to your Customer Support Manager anytime for help!
Jamie T.
Operations Coordinator
Building Materials, 501-1000 employees

“OutMatch is great”

OverallWe have been using OutMatch for several year so we worked out the kinks a long time ago.
ProsIt is mobile friendly and easy to use. Its nice to have all the test in one email.
ConsIt doesn't email me when an applicant completed the assessment

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Jamie! I'm happy to hear you've been using us for years and are enjoying the software. Per your comment about getting notified when a candidate completes the assessment - this is actually a feature you can turn on for any job you like. Let your company's admin know you'd like to receive notifications, or reach out to your Customer Success Manager here at OutMatch for help.
Anita J.
HR Specialist
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees

“Review”

ProsVisual appeal Ease of use Easy to administer Friendly team
ConsCould not integrate with Ultimate Software in the way we needed.

By OutMatch on July 3, 2019
Thanks Anita! I'm glad you like the visual appeal of the assessment, and you're finding it easy to use and administer. I'm also glad you like the team :) So sorry to hear about the integration not working in the way you needed. Ultimate Software is an integration partner of ours, so I'm not sure what the road block was - if there's anything we can do to remedy this, please let me or your Customer Support Manager know!
Gregg H.
Sr Manager - HRBP
Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

“OutMatch”

ProsEasy of use for applicants and the ability to look at results across different groups
ConsAt times results can be complicated to understand

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Gregg! I'm glad our software is easy for your applicants and your teams to use, and it gives you the ability to look at results across different groups. I'm sorry to hear that it can be complicated at times. Our goal is to generate results so that they're easy to understand, but if you ever need help or would like a quick training session, we're here for you! Feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager anytime.
SAVANNAH H.
Commercial People Coordinator
Research, 1001-5000 employees

“Great Concept”

ProsI love that we were able to customize the survey to look like it comes from our brand. The service is great and I truly think it helped us select great candidates.
ConsI remember when I tried to pull the list of names who didn't complete it yet, it wouldn't turn the info into an excel. More features and integrations.

By OutMatch on July 3, 2019
Thanks Savannah! I'm so glad you're enjoying our assessment, and you're able to brand it in a way that looks and feels like your company. I'm also glad that service has been great and we're able to help you select great candidates. I'm sorry you had some trouble downloading an excel - I will pass your feedback along to the product team. Also, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager anytime with questions or concerns.
Norma O.
HR Business Partner
Plastics, 11-50 employees

“CCP”

OverallCustomer service has been great.
ProsEasy to use when sending assessments to candidates over email.
ConsI like the old system. The match is toward positions....we were looking for culture matches to the company.

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Norma! I'm happy to hear that customer service has been great, and you find the software easy to use. Our assessments do determine how well a candidate will match to a particular job within your organization (so, a candidate will likely have different scores for different jobs, which helps you find their very best fit). You can also assess culture fit by tailoring the assessment to your unique organization. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you'd like to learn more!
Rebecca H.
Corporate Recruitment Manager/Culture Champion
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
June 17, 2019

“ OutMatch Assessment Review”

OverallVery positive experience thus far.
Pros- Easy to use - Candidate comparison feature - Development and Success tabs
ConsNo major concerns. The system is user friendly, ability to send candidate's assessments fast... love. Again, no concerns at this time.

By OutMatch on June 18, 2019
Thanks for your review! I'm glad you're having a positive experience with our assessment. I'm also glad you're enjoying the side-by-side candidate comparison, as well as the Development and Succession guides within the candidate report. You said you have no concerns at this time, but if you ever do - or if you ever have questions - please don't hesitate to reach our to your Client Success Manager! We're always here to help :)
Kay L.
HR Rep
Medical Devices, 501-1000 employees
July 2, 2019

“Super easy to use!”

ProsThe software is pretty easy to use. The results are simple and pretty straight forward.
ConsGetting it set up was a bit of a challenge. It wasn't as intuitive as I would have hoped, but once we got the hang of it, it was a breeze.
July 2, 2019
Carla D.
February 22, 2017

“Wouldn't hire anyone without using this!”

OverallAllows us to reference check with ease. I love the ability to check the authenticity of the feedback.
February 22, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“Good baseline”

OverallGreat customer service
ProsCustomized interview questions based on candidate's strengths
ConsUnclear correlation between rating and actual performance at the job, still early with low N
July 16, 2019
Brendon H.
Talent Management Specialist
Market Research, 201-500 employees
July 8, 2019

“Outmatch Review”

ProsThe ability to boil down candidates to a rating system of fair match, strong match, etc.
ConsI question the validity. Proneness to candidates choosing desirable answers.
July 8, 2019
Jennifer G.
HR Director
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees

“Review”

ProsI like that it is so easy to use and read. I also like that it is really easy to send the assessments to the candidates.
ConsThere really isn't anything that I don't like about the software.

By OutMatch on June 26, 2019
Thanks Jennifer! I'm glad our software is easy to use, and the assessment is easy to send to candidates. I'm also glad to hear there's nothing you don't like - that's great! If you ever have questions or feedback down the road, please don't hesitate to reach out! Your Customer Success Manager is just one call or email away :)