Ninox Ratings

Overall

About Ninox

With Ninox you can store and organize your complex data in your own structured way. Ninox provides a highly customizable user interface which allows you to process, analyze and evaluate any kind of data. Furthermore you can integrate different services e.g. from Google with Ninox's API. Ninox works across all platforms and can be accessed through its native macOS, iOS, and Android App or via any web browser. Learn more about Ninox

Mike C.
Technical Officer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2019

“Stand-alone, Multi-User, iCloud, Cloud, Private / On prem .. offline sync... It has it ALL”

OverallOverall, I am very satisfied with Ninox. I have built workflow style applications to manage SOWS / Contracts, Customer Relations, "Getting Things Done (GTD)" style Task Management (I believe the phrase is TradeMarked by David Allan), IT Product Standards Mangement with REST/API interface to Technopedia, Bakery Orders, and yes.. my "first" application was a Bingo Game with random number generator to simulate the "Bingo Ball" drops.
ProsThe platform is very easy to use. While never say never, I do not see using spreadsheets to maintain various pockets of information any longer. While I am a thirty (30) plus year IT professional, within minutes I was up and running.. and within hours to days, I built a rather complex application to manage my Statements of Work (SOWs) with links to company resources, rate card, et all. A quick "create view", and I had a kanban view of SOWs expiring in 30, 60, 90 days. The platform is very flexible and the REST/API is a huge plus for me. Ninox Technical support is over the top. Free webinars, email support with response usually within 24 hours.. and a user forum with helpful and active participants (DISCLAIMER.. I am a participant).. Having used other desktop relational database applications on both Windows and Mac OS.. Ninox was the platform I have been searching for!
ConsPretty much in order of discomfort.. 1. As you can see from other reviews, the user documentation is lacking. At some points it is missing... and at other points it is just plain wrong. To mitigate this, the user forum is a great resource and several Ninox partners have published use case driven guides. 2. As a 30+ year IT professional, I had to adapt to the file based Ninox approach. While you do create "relations" between table objects, you have to rethink a bit of what you learned. Once you get the hang of it.. You are off to the races. 3. Even the local Mac App acts like "the web". Rows are committed on create.. then updated for each field update. This just takes some getting used to. On most of my applications, I add "buttons" to save/close the record so I can add data consistency logic (in global functions as must as possible). That logic is also repeated in "data verification" views so the user can scan for anomalies.
August 6, 2019
James S.
Construction, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2018

“Full featured and friendly”

OverallI was searching to replace my mobile -- but very much showing it's age -- HanDBase. I was also long time proponent of the Helix database on the Mac which was becoming less friendly and not easily mobile. I needed to put a structure in place for my new business. My requirements were: Mac friendly, multi-platform, and mobile. I found Ninox on v1 and worked through the learning curve. Today, Ninox v2.4 gives me a central point to coordinate the activities, common data of all my cloud based processes including: QuickBooks Online, G-Suites for Business, MailChimp, RingCentral, and Asana. I can hardly wait till v2.5 to see what else I can do to make my business easier.
ProsFlexibility is a huge part of the Ninox platform. Ninox has the power of a multi-relation, multi-platform, mobile, scriptable database. And it can also be an easy no-scripting data gathering tool. As a small business owner, my needs develop on a daily basis. Ninox is my secret weapon to managing them in-house. When I need an ad-hoc tool to evaluate , template, and organize lists or piles of data... Ninox. When I want to take that ad-hoc tool and turn it into a multi-user process...Ninox.
ConsSteep structural learning curve. My experience with database systems began with D-Base4 on DOS. All of my previous databases were predicated on the idea that the record is not created until it is "entered". A Ninox record is entered when it is created. Adding data to it is an update. Here me know and believe me later... there is massive power in this approach. I was also concerned that my users would have problems understanding this, none of them have ever noticed. In this age of instant entry and not-saving, they think it is normal.
September 16, 2018
Bill A.
Faculty, Department of Anthropology
May 3, 2018

“I am quite satisfied with Ninox, with its ready-to-go interface, sync ability, and its web access.”

ProsI simply like that the databases are essentially ready to use. As a longtime user of FileMaker Pro, I did tire of the too-simplistic interface of a new database (I avoided modifying templates--often more work) that required building up of numerous forms to get going (I still have a lot of raw looking FMP databases meaning ugly as I was not willing to put the time into making it look good. With Ninox, the standard database looks good, and the other forms also are all ready and easy to build, which I appreciate. The focus is on the data, as the bulk of interface work is complete. Also, FMP has a cost for the web interface and syncing across devices, and Ninox makes it all so easy--this is greatly appreciated. I have nearly completed an FMP to Ninox switch for my databases; the clincher for me was yet another FMP update requiring great cost, and my old version was no longer cleanly workable with the new OSX update (constant crashing and loss of data entry or import), and Ninox seemed as has been a more efficient use of my dollars for a database.
ConsI wish there were constant or global fields allowed. As a college teacher, I import test results, and the first page is usually the answers, which I have to enter each result for the 25 questions and then "Update Multiple Records", and then "Assign Constant Value", but that is just a workaround fix, as the results are simply added to each record. If I have a student taking a late test (a regular occurrence), I have to then re-enter the answers and assign constant value again because it's not a global or constant field. If I am missing something, let me know. Building calculations can be cumbersome with the many clicks across tabs to access the part you need; once I figure it out the pattern though I do switch to the text interface, and I'm glad that that's there. Wishful thinking: I would love there to be a map interface (I use this for data from archaeological sites and location-specific data from interviews with indigenous elders and community members). Currently, I log UTM coordinates (Northing, Easting, Elevation) or Lat/Long, but I have to export those to see the distributions. A throw to a Google Maps screen or other interfaces would be quite neat and time-saving and useful for data analysis. I imagine others would like to see something similar for mapping locations using customer address fields or showing all customers throughout the country or something.
May 3, 2018
Bastian V.
Computer Networking, Self-employed
August 15, 2019

“Best Database Software and very easy to learn”

OverallNinox made it possible for me to integrate my 4 programs into one program.
ProsWith Ninox, anyone can build their database in a very short time. I quickly understood how Ninox works. Even the Ninox scripting language is very easy to learn. I think this is the biggest plus that anyone can learn Ninox. Another advantage is that it works on all platforms and I don't have to adjust the input masks for the Ipad. The community is very helpful and also the support of Ninox helps everyone quickly with his problems. I have never before experienced such excellent support with any other software.
ConsThe documentation could still be improved especially for beginners. There should be more example videos what can be realized with Ninox because often the new users are surprised what can be realized with Ninox.
August 15, 2019
Bastian L.
Wedding Photographer
January 11, 2018

“Ninox is an absolute boost for everyone with a small business and even more than a simple database.”

ProsIt is an absolutely easy to use software for every kind of business, company, club or private use. With the powerful possibility given by the easy formula building blocks you can do almost everything with ninox. It rightly has customers like medical companies, industrial facilities, football clubs, photographers and a lot more. For my own business (wedding photographer) ninox do everything what I need. It saves all my customers, reminds me of important appointments, creates forms for all my correspondence, for my contracts, for the return of tax for the finance office, let me do my financial statement, gives me information about my year-end closing, scan barcodes, print labels, calculate the amount of customer orders, saves scans like model releases and bills and much more. Almost everything beneath the photography and image processing work is done with ninox. With a really small amount of knowledge of "if then else" and general formula functionality you can find your own way to do whatever you like to. And if you get stuck, the ninox support is really fast, friendly and helpful. That makes ninox the perfect software for my whole small business.
ConsI really needed a long time to find something about ninox that is worth to criticize. The start screen is not a beauty at all, but that's the smallest amount you work with. The most work to do is done in the single charts. So, what can I say what do I not like...phew...the printing layout is a little bit elaborately to copy to other printing forms. But ninox works already on this case.
Julian B.
Studio Manager
Music, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Fantastic experience - Great software and amazing customer service”

ProsThe software itself is great, it's very easy to get going with your own database and set it up suited to your needs. However the real value for me has been the customer service and support. Ninox seem aware that to get the most out of their software, users may have to delve into the more technical aspects of databasing which can be pretty obscure if you're not familiar with it. Fortunately their staff was amazing at helping me implement exactly what I needed through online one on one support and webcasts, not only that my correspondence was mainly with one member of their team so it wasn't a different or random person each time - this is very much appreciated, and helps when you have to go over the specifics of your needs and business.
ConsThere aren't really any "Cons" as such, as to be honest, I've had a near perfect experience. The only thing I would possible recommend is expanding the online documentation and reference to include useful or commonly used bits of code and formulas. It's worth noting that they already do this, as well as provide a number of templates for different kinds of databases, but it would be cool if there was a bit more in the way of examples and snippets. I use the program Max/MSP by Cycling74 and their documentation of their code come as actual working patches which you can copy into your own patch, as well as there being a vibrant online community with people sharing their own patches etc. This way it's quite easy to get something working by piecing bits and pieces together before learning the entire syntax. I'd love to see some sort of central repository for commonly used formulas and ideas such as this for Ninox.
John H.
Volunteer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
August 16, 2019

“Life changing :-)”

OverallWe are not techies. The platform has been customised for us by a Ninox partner. He has done a fantastic job creating something that tracks multiple factors and is usable by staff with minimal training and IT skills. For instance the system will ring alarm bells if a child is not meeting basic world health organisation minimums across a whole range of factors. Working with Ninox we have moved from using Dickensian ledgers to a state-of-the-art system with almost no pain. This is remarkable, we still can't believe it.
ProsThe functionality. Using the Ninox platform we have developed a database as part of our orphan care programme in Malawi. One of the key challenges in Malawi is flaky, often non-existent internet access. The Ninox software stands alone on multiple iPads so our nurses, with minimal training, can input data in rural villages. Back at the hospital when we get a good Wi-Fi signal the database synchronises automatically. This is pretty neat, we don't get data corruption or issues common with other products when duplicate data is input from different sources.
ConsJust sorry we didn't find it years ago. Also sorry we wasted time looking at alternatives.
August 16, 2019
Guido E.
Dr.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2017

“Since I found the software, my way of thinking has changed, I think it's great, it has given me the ”

OverallI was able to organize my activities much more easily and logically. I have turned this application into my favorite application, I use it every day to develop my company's processes and generate data from my conventional practice. Since I started using it, there have been many changes that I consider very useful. I hope you continue to develop successfully this great tool that changed my life.
ProsIts ease of use, its simplicity, versatility, processing speed, is really friendly. I liked the new capabilities with the new version of IOS 11.0. They are always improving it, it is also very stable. I am very happy with the product.
ConsI would like to have more capacity to display information in the columns in the impressions area Better integration with the calendar and that you could see more information from the calendar and incorporate alerts such as icons and colors for example. To be able to establish a timeline Improve document printing features
Dave A.
Consultant
Semiconductors, Self-employed
July 20, 2018

“I use Ninox to manage a house concert series that we host.”

OverallTime and peace of mind. By using Ninox to manage my house concert series, I eliminate two spreadsheets and the worries about messing up the format in either of them. I spend less time doing more -- great value for a small spend.
ProsIt's a quick and simple tool to learn. It synchs (almost) seamlessly across two Mac computers, my iphone and my ipad. And when I get stuck on how to do something, Ninox' customer support team (though 7 time zones away) are really responsive and helpful.
ConsThe documentation leaves alot to be desired, particularly their scripting language. The tool is very simple to use and intuitive, but when you get to a point where you're creating custom fields, filters and rules, you have to know the Ninox scripting language, and that's where the documentation could use a little improvement. I'm not a programmer by trade, and the documentation seems to assume that users are.
July 20, 2018
Management Consulting, Unspecified
November 2, 2017

“Once you understand the design concept behind Ninox, you will be amazed at what you can do.”

Overall(1) Able to quickly prototype enterprise-wide solutions. (2) Able to build production-quality data management and executive information systems quickly. (3) Able to manage enormous amounts of data with very quick processing and query turn-around.
ProsIncredibly powerful. Amazing tech support. The feature set and functional capabilities of Ninox are the industry standard. Have used this platform to build entire ERP, CRM and HR Management systems for multi-billion dollar companies at a fraction of cost and time required by other solutions.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve. Ninox is not a "traditional" relational database management system... It is, in fact, much more. Was the best when I started using it two years ago and nothing even comes close today.
Gabi A.
dynamics
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2018

“Worth the price, customizable and excellent support”

OverallAllowed me to grown my business without spending a lot of money. Customize all the proceed at your own will never pay the price. Frankly recommended !
ProsContinuous improvements. Easy to program and user friendly Not expensive in front other softs. iCloud Team work is amazing and reliability is on top. great bunch of field types Incredible support
ConsBulk data relationship between tables Formulary view needs to improve. User friendly programing by drag and drop needs more options actually only accesible by code typing Printing layout can be more sophisticated
Martin S.
Founder and Managing Director
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
November 2, 2017

“As an inexperienced database user, I find it quite easy setup. Just wish there were more tutorials”

OverallTeam integration and updating of data. Also being able to access remotely the latest information held in the database. It also enables us to maintain an overview of all the latest projects that we have going.
ProsRelative ease of use, but most of all the cloud integration and having several people able to access and update it at the same time. I also like the fact its on a secure platform, removing a data protection issue from our office.
ConsTrying to get to grips on how to integrate formulas, I also wish there was more flexibility with the Calendar, we have 90 odd consultants and when we put all of their project dates in its more or less unusable as a graphical representation of their busy and free periods.
Joelle C.
General manager
April 11, 2018

“Ninox is an awesome app making app for business”

ProsI have been using this product for more than a month every day for my dog care business. The Ninox app looks simple but is, in fact, a very powerful tool to create a complete database. For business, the cloud-based storage gives you seamless cooperation between users. In addition to that, update in coding and field modification is done live, affecting all user instantly, a great thing for small business growing fast and needing to adjust without making heavy updates. Client support is awesome. They answered all my question the next day (considering the time zone!) I work with multiple tables from client information to reservation then invoices. All of that is linked together in a way I can save time and find the information very fast! If you knew Bento from Apple, you'll love Ninox! If you didn't know Bento, then you'll love Ninox too!
ConsSome features are missing, but are in plans to be on the next version. Those are quite cased specific features, so you may not need them depending on your needs. But seeing how they take care of their product and clients I'm sure their next version will amazing!!
April 11, 2018
Luis P.
October 27, 2017

“Great to manage your business ”

OverallI can manage my language school easily with this product. I manage students, monthly payments, invoices, book sales, receipts, taxes, debts, etc.
ProsI love how easy it is to create a database which is customised to your own needs. Also, it is great to be able to modify, add or remove any feature you want in just a few clicks. It's really easy to do so without being IT savvy.
ConsThe only thing I could mention is that there are still functions which I'd like it to have. For example, it would be great to be able to send attached pdf documents over email (as in click a button and have the document attached to an email which is ready to be sent). Hope they add this in the future.
October 27, 2017
Martin L.
Vernacular Media Consultant
January 11, 2018

“Jumped to Ninox from Filemaker Pro - Best Move EVER!”

ProsExcellent, friendly customer support is my favorite feature of Ninox. These guys love their product and listen to their customers. They are very quick to respond to questions and have helped me add features to my database that I couldn't figure out. With the templates they offer and the tutorial videos they have posted on YouTube, anyone can understand the basics of how Ninox works.
ConsThe interface is not the prettiest and can only be modified to a certain point. I can't wait to see v.3, because that is when software hits it's stride.
Alejandro J.
Sales
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
July 5, 2018

“NINOX, Fantastic application you need NINOX!!!”

OverallYou can manage all your information and Team from Ninox in real time, no need use Excell.
ProsYou can organize your data and maintain actualized and all your team have the info. The system its very stable you can trust in NINOX and your team. The Support is excellent.
ConsNothing!!! You only need think in your needs and make your database. Its fantastic NO CONS you can trust.
July 5, 2018
February 8, 2018

“Easily made a database tailored to my needs”

ProsThe program was very easy to use and flexible. I searched several programs that did not give me the flexibility that Ninox did. I combined several databases into one, easy to use database and am able to run reports that are meaningful to my practice. It is also cloud based, so I can access it on my phone and on the iPad.
ConsThe update took away the easy edit tool, so I can't figure out how to change my database anymore. Luckily, I don't think I need to make any major changes anymore. Initially, it took a while to get used to, but some of the updates have made it easier to navigate and get the information that I want in a report format that is easy to read.
February 8, 2018
Scott P.
E-Learning, Self-employed
November 10, 2017

“Easy to use no programing required fast support”

OverallHelps me run my business and to keep records all in one place and access anywhere
ProsI have no background in databases but this program is easy to use no technical programing needed product is easy to set up and use daily i keep track of all of my online students using this database and the cloud feature is super fast try it out you will not be disapointed
ConsNone so far wish the reports were easier to use wish they could be broken down by week months or days not easy to customize on the PDF side however downloading the CSV is ok
November 10, 2017
Brian L.
IT Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“Great product that keeps getting better”

OverallCreated a database for an orphanage in Africa, so that data could be input via iPads.
ProsIt is very easy to create a database, and it's easy for end-users also. The screens and navigation are all user-friendly. Its cross-platform and offline capabilities on iOS make is a standout product, and the support from the Developers is excellent. Great online community too.
ConsSome of the coding behind the scenes isn't as straightforward as VBA, and some of the functions aren't entirely intuitive, but after ready some tutorials, it becomes apparent.
August 19, 2019
October 11, 2017

“Easy to build and use database.”

OverallGetting my work faster en better done.
ProsEasy to build powerful applications for every day use. The software is quick and very scalable. Frequent updates with new features. I moved from Filemaker Pro to Ninox. I rebuild my invoice system in Ninox in a couple of days. The Filemaker version took weeks to build.
ConsI like to have multiple databases open on the same time. This is at this point only possible with the web version. Developers told me it's coming in one of the next releases.
Paco M.
Geschäftsführer
Education Management, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“Pure efficiency”

OverallOur experience with Ninox has been positive without exception. We can now unite all our previous distributed applications in a uniform system that is accessible to all employees.
ProsThe best thing about Ninox is the simplicity with which you can create business applications. With the existing templates, you can quickly create solutions tailored to your needs, even without database knowledge.
ConsThe Ninox surface could be a bit more modern, but according to Ninox this will be realized soon.
November 7, 2018
Thomas B.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 3, 2018

“Excellent SME Database Tool”

OverallI chose Ninox in order to allow both Windows and Mac users to work from the same system with ease, and have not looked back.
ProsNinox is cross platform by nature, so Mac and Windows users can easily collaborate on the same database. It is entirely mobile with pre-built Apps for iOS and so you can use the full database wherever you are. It is intuitive to build in and if you have any challenges, the support team is excellent.
ConsIdeally, it would be good to be able to add Forms in order to create a landing page, but I know this is in development. Beyond that, the ability to customise fonts/colours etc is probably the next stage.
September 3, 2018
Dario B.
October 13, 2017

“It is great, multiuser, easy to customize. Infinite possibility to use it and programme it everywher”

OverallNinox gave me the possibility to manage a professional multiuser db without loosing time for analysis and customizing. It is immediate in daily customizing and for a small company like mine it can be a winning opportunity.
ProsNinox gave me the possibility to have a professional database, tailor-made for my company needs and daily upgradable on my own.
ConsProbably an Italian language guide and/or the possibility to partecipate at some class would be appreciate for me that do not know programming and db management.
October 13, 2017
Tom S.
October 11, 2017

“Easy enough to do complicate task ”

OverallEasy to build forms for relational database, good trigger model. The best support since a long time.
ProsNice UI, very good sync with the Cloud, good manual. Very usefull to build Customer database to collect complex Data.
ConsPure codeeditor should be improved, less errormessages and sometimes a Little Bit complicate Syntax for the indecies.
Brad E.
Pilot
Aviation & Aerospace, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2017

“Love the product and the easy use of making my own application!”

OverallWe use it every day for keeping records for our spray work. Maps, Chemcial lists, mixing ratios, log hours on helicopters and planes.
ProsThe ability to customize almost every part of the program. From start to print view. The added signature field is nice so that we can have security in agreeing with our customers to save them and us from legal issues.
ConsMaybe a little better user interface. More style to the look of the program. Little better design controls in print view.
Gabi A.
Dynamics
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2017

“Dynamism is a must in the bussiness world today, Ninox makes you grow !”

OverallIs making grow our Bussines and work with Teams on-line
ProsEasy of use and programming, best support ever ! Rough and strong database, sync and cloud work for Teams. Really good iPad app.
ConsUser interface in the forms could be more attractive and functional, CRM integration under development. Tables relationships are not bi-directional.
Hans A.
Volunteer assistent curator
Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees
September 23, 2019

“The advantages of using the cloud in practice”

OverallNinox is used in the knowledge center to archive books, objects and pictures. Traditional databases in this area are rigid and not based on modern functionality, they tend to stick to history. Ninox breaks through this attitude. Old software vendors make users hesitate by horror stories. So the fight is fierce but Ninox will win at the end.
ProsThe software has a lot of functionality which is not present in other products I did review. Ninox is easy to set up and has a lot of features you only find in much more expensive products. It is easy to use and as a Macintosh user since '84 that is an important feature what counts for me. Developing and using on iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air and desktop Mac is one thing but without fuzz using it on other platforms is great!
ConsSo far the only cons I experience is missing the functionality to import images in a "batch" set up to match with records in the database where a field is reserved for an image.
September 23, 2019
Terri L.
Owner & Operator
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
April 26, 2019

“Ninox”

OverallIt is great for keeping track of details for my customer base, accounting, etc.
ProsEase of use and with the help of their partner company, Ninoxus, it is a great value and user friendly
ConsI did need a jump start on some minor issues but the helper company, Ninoxus, was extremely helpful.
April 26, 2019
Sergio R.
Photography, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2018

“Wonder App”

OverallI have been using Ninox for two years to keep track of my photography business. I created a phone app where I log the jobs, client's data, prices, etc. I export the specific xl sheets to process payroll and keep track of financials. I'm not a techie person but this app let me do what I spent a few years looking for but couldn't find.
ProsFlexibility, easy of use, and the technical support
Consyou have to be careful when handling tables. An accidental touch of the screen can make a column hide.
October 23, 2018
Sam W.
Veterinarian
April 26, 2018

“Awesome app...with great flexibility ”

ProsThe support is great! The software is adaptable to my needs. The data is easily imported and exported in several file formats
Cons1)The inability to send invoices with a template message. 2)Color and font options for field names might add a better form like feel and appearance.
April 26, 2018
Andrew W.
Director of Manufacturing Operations
Machinery, 51-200 employees
November 6, 2017

“Valuable tool to create other daily tools I use everyday.”

OverallFlexibility and creating a place to hold and link a lot of different types of data in one place.
ProsFlexible customization to make specialized data tools for various data tracking projects. Allows me to document data directly on the production floor as conditions change (live tracking).
ConsNot as easy to use for an aggrigate view, like summarizing or averaging data from multiple data cells. Needs to be exported or represented as a graph.
November 6, 2017
Paul T.
Account
Accounting, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2017

“Very easy system to create database software,”

ProsEasy to use and to deploy. The screen is simple and uncluttered so users are just concerned within data input. Support has very good.
ConsAdding colour to tabs would highlight these to users as they tend to look down along the left. Adding a print button which automatically produces a pdf file. For a developer if you have many users each using the same "template" you can make changes to all of the "templates" without going into each database and changing to program. There is no scope or encouragement for a "developers program" - where we could sell the package to our customers for a reasonable fee.
Kerstin L.
Administrative Assistant
November 2, 2017

“User experience second to none”

Overall Making workload easier to sort and quicker to get through
ProsThere are so many positives Support - customer service agents are available and extremely helpful if there is a glitch or just a tweak needed Easy to set up exactly what I need without any prior knowledge. Learning all the time how the different elements work together. Time-saving because it is so logical I now have all my various sections to hand, be it the contact database, the invoicing or the endless to-do lists it all flows together beautifully. It feels like I am part of the dynamic development of the software.
Stephen S.
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2018

“Easy, highly customizable database solution”

ProsNinox is extremely to use and customize to your needs once you figure out the fundamentals. Customer support is solid, and they are continuing to improve the instruction manual. I haven't had any issues with the Ninox cloud being unavailable. Overall a very stable product.
ConsLearning how to use it can be complicated at first, especially for those who have little experience with databases.
December 12, 2018
Chris N.
Furniture, 1-10 employees
September 8, 2018

“A must for small business”

OverallI have solved a number of issues with Ninox in my business. I am always thinking of new ways to implement the software to improve areas of the business. I currently have the software set up to use as a CRM system but i can implement many more options
ProsThe back up and support with this product is second to none. I have been taught how to use this database by the support team. The possibilities are endless and i always find the support team friendly, helpful and inviting to speak with
ConsI would love an improved iOS version for th iphone but this is still a very small issue for me
September 8, 2018
Hans L.
Information Services, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2019

“High Flexibility”

OverallWe develop ERPs, CRMs and applications as required.
ProsI appreciate the high flexibility, the good support and the possibilities to implement requirements quickly. Great connectivity to other systems.
ConsThere is nothing to complain about. If you want to be impatient: The development is never fast enough!
July 9, 2019
Andreas R.
Agent
Furniture, 1-10 employees
July 12, 2019

“Best software for my daily workflow”

OverallI have created my hole CRM by myself with the help of this great support
Proseasy to handle, best support ever, low costs compared to similar databases
Consnothing to mention, everything is fine, really!
July 12, 2019
Falk S.
Digitalisierungs-Experte, Projektberater, Datenschutzbeauftragter
July 18, 2018

“Ninox is one of the easiest ways to create business applications, esp. for SMEs.”

OverallThis product gives me the opportunity to create software products (i.e. a CRM system) that fit our need to 100% without being forced to buy an expensive license for a product that I must fit my processes to.
ProsNinox provides lots of possibilities for quickly and easily modeling of business processes. User interface and administration functions are absolutely intuitive and easy to use. This product combined with an incredible responsive support team offers a great value for every SME. A big plus is that not only Mac users can benefit from this product. With Ninox's SAAS Service which comes at a very reasonable price all you need is a browser.
ConsIt would be great to have some sort of release strategy for your own Ninox-based database products. So you ship a release to your colleagues/clients and develop a new release without messing around with the live databases.
Wynand G.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2018

“The best software experience i had in a long time”

OverallThe best thing since sliced bread.
ProsOnboarding was so easy, moving from an Excel environment was so easy, within less than half a day I was able to operate Ninox and see the value it held for my business. I even moved my private life onto Nino. The support was unbelievable, I really did not expect the extend Ninox was prepared to assist me.
ConsCreating large templates for input fields is difficult and manually entering data is slightly cumbersome.
September 27, 2018
John R.
Solution Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2018

“Great Product for a Great Price”

OverallWhen I was looking for an asset tracking database, none of the pre-baked solutions tracked all of the data the way I wanted it. So I decided to roll my own solution with Ninox, and am glad I did. I have the solution I want.
ProsAbility to customize database as needed Strong Support
ConsThere is a little bit of a learning curve, but it isn't very hard to learn Ninox.
Lars R.
Product Manager
April 6, 2018

“Best software for professional use. Simple, easy but powerful”

Pros- a lot of possibilities for creating huge projects - flexible and easy to use - ultra fast and competent support
ConsNothing until now so it's hard to reach the limit of 100 characters in this field. But I can suggest everybody to contact support when you are thinking there is something not possible - it often is possible
April 6, 2018
John B.
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
October 19, 2018

“Needed Some Help”

OverallOverall experience has be outstanding. Customer support is available in several ways, and my questions and/or issues have been quickly resolved every time.
ProsGreat, easy to setup and use database, at an excellent price. Customer support is outstanding.
ConsRequired a little more programming than expected.
October 19, 2018
Robert T.
Directeur
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“Ninox nice”

ProsEasy to use for beginner and very quickly be productive
ConsUI is simple but the minimaliste is a good way for beginner and pro.
September 20, 2018
Agustin F.
Agustin
Import and Export, 11-50 employees
September 25, 2018

“Ninox 10/10 Best Application”

ProsI love how comfortable and reliable the software is. It has many uses for a company that needs to have a good database.
ConsThe Limited UI support, as in how the UI looks and works when editing. Code won't work in real time, as in wait loops and such.
Heine S.
Photographer, video editor
November 3, 2017

“I use it everyday. It's the best solution to organize my little company.”

OverallThe ability to make a complete overview of my work. And to edit it to show me what I need.
ProsIt's very easy to use. I'm able to make what I want. I log hours, customers, projects and much more and can connect everything to everything. It's syncronizing very fast in the cloud. I feel I can rely on it. The way I can link the tables to each other is working like I want it to. So much easier then other database apps I have tried.
November 3, 2017
David R.
Sr. Estimator & Account Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2018

“Top Notch Business Solution”

OverallAwesome. One of my favorite applications.
ProsNinox makes it easy to build a business database system for your organization.
ConsThat the world isn't flat and they are across the world. But hey they do pretty darn well considering.
September 11, 2018
Irmgard R.
Speech Language Pathologist
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2018

“Awesome product”

OverallLove it
ProsThe ease of use, the versatility of the products, customer support
ConsNeed more tutorials (this is not a con. This would just be very helpful as there are so many amazing features that we don't know about.)
September 4, 2018
July 18, 2018

“great features, easy to use, top support!”

Overalleffortless creation of databases of any kind, including mobile data collection
Prosbest product and value for money for databases on iOS, I've been searching for a product like ninox for years, and am glad I found it.
ConsDocumentation is insufficent, have to search for required information / no manual // no Windows app available, would be nice, but not necessary, as there is web access
Chris W.
IT Business Consultant
January 11, 2018

“Easy to use, feature rich, quick and great support, cross plattform (macOS, iOS)”

OverallIt's on development, so hopefully but already announced there will be an android and windows client, so that cross platform will be really available.
ProsFlexible and easy to setup an overall complex database app with less effort. iCloud-sync-functionality is great.
Andrés A.
Mr.
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
October 16, 2017

“A professional solution for a good price.”

OverallGreat support, frecuent updates with real improvements and the relation between tables are really good.
ProsNinnox offers an excellent solution for those who require to create databases really fast without compromising advanced tools and an straightforward design that let the users learn it really fast and applied to their projects. Great Support Professional solution Deeply editable
ConsThere are certain aspects that can be improved like the correct print layout on iOS devices, the possibility to recover deleted data and the split screen option to check two tables at the same time.
October 16, 2017