Business VoiceEdge Ratings

Overall
2.5/5

About Business VoiceEdge

PBX solution that helps small to medium enterprises place calls using a business phone number across remote locations, enabling call routing, audio-conferencing, call routing, call forwarding & more. Learn more about Business VoiceEdge

Chris L.
IT Support Engineer
Machinery, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2019

“Not A Great VOIP option for the Money”

OverallI would not recommend this to anyone even being a customer personal of Comcast for over 5 years this program needs to be reworked and not every IT department should be penalized over some other admins making mistakes on their configurations.
ProsThe only thing I like about this software is that once it is fully configured it is pretty much set it and forget it.
ConsThis list is long; For starters not allowing IT to fully control the phone is absurd. Working in IT I need to sit on their phone with the support to do the most basic things, like rebooting a phone REMOTELY! The response i received from a Support Rep was due to some IT admins screwing phones up in their company and calling for help was too much for Comcast to try and troubleshoot so they lock everyone out of remote accessing the phones. Next on the list is business hours scheduling. It is just very confusing and their was no documentation on configuring it in the admin guide or training before implementing. One final con that makes me regret this software is the lack of features and things you can do in other Vendors. Ring Central for instance allows IT to order a phone and pay through the portal and get invoiced after the phone is received without calling and waiting to speak to a representative. This you have to call the 888 number and verify your account then tell them you need a new seat one and give them all the user detail and then you wait 10 or more days to receive the phone and have the user created.
March 26, 2019
Lili M.
Secretary
November 14, 2017

“Stuck with you”

ProsThe software is easy to use for our small business. Comcast Business works better than AT&T. We use the software daily and know we are getting a good deal for the service.
ConsWe use the software daily and rely on it fully. Although for the most part it works fine, there are times when the software lags or every so often we lose service and are out of phone and internet for hours. We are at their mercy and cannot continue work without the service.
November 14, 2017
Sue M.
Office Administrator
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“Like being able to control the features”

ProsWe switched to Comcast Business VoiceEdge a couple of years ago. While there have been problems, the customer service is pretty dependable. The online portal allows me to manage all of the features easily. The app is a great feature too!
ConsWhile I like the setup now, it was difficult actually getting the portals and everyone setup.
March 19, 2019
Emily H.
Recruitment & Engagment Coordinator
May 29, 2018

“Great phone system”

ProsBusiness VoiceEdge is very useful. Once you figure out how to use it. It has really helped cutting down on scam phone calls that come thru our phone system after hours. I love the functionality and customisability of the system.
ConsAt first using this system can be extremely frustrating. I can't count the amount of time I spent on the phone with customer service trying to understand. Customer service is great once you get to the actual person which can take a long time.
May 29, 2018
Daniel J.
Associate Pastor
February 15, 2018

“VoiceEdge is a solid phone system that meets all of our needs.”

ProsThis internet phone system is super easy to use and has a lot of great features that are all customize-able through a web browser. You can setup and change hunt groups with the simple click of a button.
ConsI wish there was a way to differentiate incoming calls by the line that they are dialing but that function is not available at this time.
February 15, 2018
Adriana L.
Director Of Financial Services
June 25, 2018

“We love Business VoiceEdge! We know that our phone system is as professional as can be!”

OverallThis is a cutting-edge phone system. We are able to manage our phones from our cell phone, messages, lines, conference, etc.
ProsI love that we are able to set up different options for when our business is closed or for holidays.
ConsThe price. VoiceEdge added to our telephone/internet expense. Comcast always has specials and promotions for new services but the expense increases after the promotion expires. I would like to have a set price that does not vary so much from year to year.
June 25, 2018
Hillary B.
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“Very fast and at a good price!”

OverallIt was efficient, quick, and easy to use! I am happy to pay the price for it.
ProsI love that Comcast is quick and fast. If we have had any problems we have been able to contact Customer support and get the help needed. The price is good for what we are getting!
ConsI have enjoyed everything. Customer support did put me on hold for a little while, but other than that no complaints!
December 4, 2018
Natasha S.
Esthetician
Cosmetics, Self-employed
May 29, 2019

“Comcast Business”

ProsWhen your service goes out a tech is abalone either same day or 24 hrs. Their internet is great
ConsService goes out continuously. Unable to retrieve voicemails some times. Customer service is sometimes hard to deal with.
May 29, 2019
Yolonda W.
Customer service representative
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
December 24, 2018

“Business edge”

ProsI liked the fact that you can receive and leave messages for someone that's not available
ConsI didn't like the fact that I couldn't erase all the messages at one time you have to go in and delete them one by one
December 24, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“A good way to manage calls and numbers for a small organization”

OverallManaging forwarding calls to cell phones, voicemails, and team members.
ProsFor a small to mid business that isn't ready for a full-on PBX, voice edge is a decent option allowing a good amount of flexibility and control over calls, numbers, devices and team members. For a remote team and especially any company that involves a sales organization, this is a good starter to intermediate option.
ConsComcast has a relatively poor reputation for a reason - their entire company culture and management team is based on the idea that they are a monopoly whose sole reason for existing is to separate customers from their money and issue it to executives and stockholders through rate hikes, various fees and charges.
March 5, 2019
Lucas L.
IT Administrator
Retail, 201-500 employees
January 25, 2019

“Cloud Hosted SIP made easy”

OverallWe decided to implement VoiceEdge in our corporate office and c-stores. It's very convenient for the stores to just be able to dial an extension and reach the corporate office
ProsThe best thing with VoiceEdge is no equipment to maintain or worry about
ConsThe sales people have a tendency to overstate what their product is capable of without confirming with the actual engineers....
January 25, 2019
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Comcast Business VoiceEdge”

OverallVery nice experience and since using we've increased our efficiency with communication to clients and have increased revenue by 20%.
ProsGreat for business and allows professional platform to do much with my clients. Even when I'm away, I can communicate easily.
ConsConnectivity through phone/data can be slow, but allows it to function well.
November 27, 2018
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 12, 2018

“Business Calls from Anywhere”

ProsAs a solo practitioner, having the ability to screen calls as they come without having to be at the office is a real plus. Watching the call come through on my iPhone and/or Apple Watch allows me to be attentive to calls in a timely manner. Even if I am not able to answer right away, the option to listen to my voicemail from the app without having to call in to the office helps keep my office running smoothly.
ConsFrom time to time the app fails to recognize my fingerprint and requires me to re-enter my password. When I first started using the app, this became a nuisance. Since then it has happened less frequently. Hopefully the kinks have been worked out.
September 12, 2018
Sue M.
Office Administrator
March 13, 2018

“Once you get it figured out, it's a great tool to have”

ProsI love all of the features it offers and how so many things can be done remotely. It helps with working from home and changing phone setting from home.
ConsIt was pretty complicated to start with; there was a lot to learn. Definitely need to have someone from Comcast walk you through it.
March 13, 2018
Randi Jo S.
Owner/Chiropractor
March 12, 2018

“Comcast has been wonderful for our business phone and internet.”

ProsWhat I like most about Comcast for my business is how easy and fast it is to communicate with customer support.
ConsWhat I like least about Comcast for my business is how I am paying for a package that includes TV but we do not use it in our office.
March 12, 2018
March 8, 2018

“Comcast Business is great for my company. It is reliable and affordable. ”

ProsIt allows me easy access to voicemails and call forwarding has also come in very handy in times where I am not at the office.
ConsI have had a few instances of calls not being recorded. Other than that I have not run into any other major issues.
March 8, 2018
G N.
Executive Assistant
July 28, 2018

“Business voiceedge makes voicemail available at anytime you are not in the office.”

ProsBusiness Voice edge helps employees never miss a call by providing you access through computer, tablet, cellphone and email transcription.
ConsBusiness voicedge is not very user friendly at first. It takes sometime to figure out how to maneuver across the platform. Once you get used to the program it is not that bad.
July 28, 2018
Caleb H.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2017

“Great phone service!”

ProsI like that I can pick up my phone and know that a call isn't going to get dropped. The fee for theis service is great too!
ConsI wasn't too happy after getting off the phone with customer service just because the other person on the other line was short with me.
October 3, 2017