Crazy Egg Ratings

Overall

About Crazy Egg

Heatmaps, User Recordings & A/B Testing. 300,000 Customers. Heatmaps show you how customers scroll, click, engage and experience your website or application. Filters help you understand specific customer segments &use cases. User Recordings help you follow individual user journeys through your website or application. You can organize Recordings into playlists to quickly identify patterns. A/B Testing and Editing helps you translate what you've learned into experiments to improve UX. Learn more about Crazy Egg

Greg D.
February 8, 2018

“Crazy Egg Shows Me What's Hot On My Website!”

OverallI get specific, measurable data about how my audience uses my website on a daily basis. I get recordings of real-time visits from customers. I get excellent split testing functionality with thorough analytics that I can use to tailor my content to my visitors.
ProsWhat I like most about Crazy Egg is that it offers me clear information about how people use my sight. It's one thing to design a site based upon how you think people will use it or even how they use others like it. It's another thing all together to know exactly how they use it, so you can constantly improve it. By giving me a heat map of my users' experiences, Crazy Egg makes it possible to see which elements of my site are working and which ones need improvement. At a glance, I can see which buttons get clicked the most, how far the average person scrolls down the page, and the order in which people read my content. That's valuable stuff! Crazy Egg goes a step further, though. It provides recordings of real visits from people, so I can watch as they tour my site. This let's me see the traffic pattern that potential customers are taking around my pages. By looking at how visitors tour my site, I can begin to notice patterns in their behavior and make sure that I'm always delivering what they want where they want it. As if all this wasn't enough, Crazy Egg also offers the ability to A/B Split test my pages. Now, there are lot of applications that will split test things, but I've not found one that does it as reliably and as thoroughly as Crazy Egg. The data it provides makes split testing quick and simple.
ConsHonestly, there's not much to dislike with Crazy Egg. It's a specialized tool for a specific job which means that it will be one of many such tools in your tech stack. And even though it has affordable price points, it's still one more thing you have to pay for. that's just the way online marketing is moving these days. I use a full automation platform and I still have Crazy Egg, because my platform doesn't do what Crazy Egg does. Maybe one day there will be a platform that does everything, but for now I'll keep using Crazy Egg.
February 8, 2018
Elaine S.
Web Developer and User Interface Specialist
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
June 21, 2018

“A helpful tool but becoming buggy”

OverallWe've learned a lot about how our visitors interact with different pages on our website - they tend to click on every image even if it doesn't appear to link to anything, so we've learned to link more images than we used to. Mobile visitors tend to scroll a ton and just stop a few key places to skim, so we've learned to push that most important content higher up on the page so they don't have to scroll and skim so much.
ProsCrazyEgg provides all kinds of helpful insights about the particular pages you decide to track. You can see how far users are scrolling down your page - which gets really interesting on mobile, because you can see how they scroll right past certain sections and focus on others, which can help you improve page layout. You can also see where people are clicking - including "non-clickable" elements, like images, so you then know you should link not just text but also an image. There's also a spreadsheet of everywhere people have clicked, so you can view the data however it's most comfortable to you. You can track both publicly accessible pages and password-protected ones; you just have to install a browser extension to capture initial screenshots of protected pages.
ConsOver the past year I've noticed bugs creeping in. I set up snapshots and they just remain in "pending" status. It's happened so many time I now have to create a calendar reminder to check back in 6-8 hours and make sure my snapshots have all started. Customer support has not been able to determine why this happens or provide any resolution. The other downside is you only get data on the specific pages you track, and they've now added the ability to split out mobile vs. tablet vs. desktop, so if you want to see how visitors on different devices act differently, that will eat up 3 snapshots for every URL. Nice data to have, it's just very limited, so you have to plan out which pages you're going to track and rotate to really make headway on your site.
June 21, 2018
Joshua T.
Digital Marketing Specialist
May 4, 2019

“Crazy Egg nails user experiance”

OverallEvery time we sign a new client we recommend crazy egg as an option, and every time a client uses it we almost always end up use the user data to suggest changes that helps improve the conversion rates on the site.
ProsThe level of information you get from this software is insane. Being able to tell if users are clicking on something expecting a link has made a huge difference in how we design and review websites. That alone has helped us create a better funnel to get users to convert.
ConsThere really wasn't much I didn't like about the software, I felt the customer service was a little slow at times. Other than that this is a really great piece of software to help improve the overall experience on your site.
May 4, 2019
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
November 21, 2018

“The tool is generally ok but for split testing it didn't really work for us”

ProsWe've used the tool for several years, generally for split testing - to help us evaluate different designs of a page. It offers heatmaps, click maps - on which elements the users clicked, where they usually reach down scrolling.
ConsIt worked well for several years, but then it became buggy. Some of the snapshots didn't record any visits or recorded far less visits than the other page variant. Which is a problem, since the traffic was distributed evenly between both page variants. I don't think it's something we did, because on some snapshots it worked well, on others not so well. That's why we switched to another tool. Also, if you want to monitor desktop and mobile, you should create separate snapshots for each device.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
We are sorry you had a bad experience toward the end of your time with Crazy Egg. There are some great tools in the market and we hope you've found one that's working well for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. We'll learn from it.
November 21, 2018
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 4, 2018

“Love it!”

ProsI really like how everything works in Crazy Egg, I make snapshots of almost every page on our website on desktop and mobile, and this helps our developers and designers greatly. It has the ability to view the snapshots in heatmap, scrollmap, and confetti showing where users came from. It is super helpful and works smoothly. Totally recommend for all who are not using it yet, it's a treasure :)
ConsI think I would love to have a feature to download all the snapshots when they are ready to my computer. Because I make screenshots and it's not very convenient.
July 4, 2018
John R.
IT Manager
Education Management, 11-50 employees
March 11, 2018

“Simple heat tracking made site usage easy to analyse”

OverallIt was easy to work with non-technical colleagues to understand site engagement and work on practical redesigns. With services like Google Analytics, you're looking at very dry (though useful) data. To discuss websites on a marketing and engagement level, and to assess "your message", it's great to collect real data overtime and instantly share with your colleagues.
ProsThere are a variety of heatmaps that you can you to easily demonstrate website engagement and take away a quick overview of information.
ConsIt's difficult to pin down some dynamic content on pages. Sliders and hidden objects DO appear in the detailed heatmaps and tables of links, but it takes some work to understand what is being clicked on depending on the complexity of the website.
March 11, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2019

“Best heatmapping tool out there”

OverallWe did find it to be the best overall, with easy setup in tag manager and no extremely excessive adverse effects on page or site speed. Great for when you need insights and A/B tests.
ProsIt is extremely effective in getting an understanding of what's working and what's not on individual pages of your website. While Google analytics might be great for a top level view of what content is working and what's not, Crazy Egg is best for getting more granular and seeing what individual elements of page draw attention and which don't.
ConsIt would be better if there were more ways to view attention and heat maps visually. If you could integrate mouse movements to the basic heat map that would be better. Annual pricing only is also a sticking point.

By Crazy Egg on April 9, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. We just launched a tool to help link attention to engagement and I'd love to talk to you more about what you're looking for and how we can help. I've shared my email address with you and please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for taking the time to share feedback here.
April 3, 2019
Talmage E.
Digital Marketing Specialist
January 10, 2018

“Hands down the simplest tool for Conversion Rate Optimization”

OverallIt helped me improve my conversion rates.
ProsCrazy egg is easy to install and very intuative to navigate and explore. I like it's simplicity. Its not one of these end all CRO or SEO tools, it focuses on user experience on a basic level. With that said, it's very valuable. I love the confetti view where I can see where my visitors are clicking and where I might be losing them. Their customer service is also top notch.
ConsThe heat map and confetti map seem very similar to me. I'm not sure if they are just different ways of displaying the same data or if they offer something unquie.
January 10, 2018
Sarah B.
Digital Analytics Manager
Publishing, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2019

“Crazyegg Heatmaps are Okay - their Recordings option holds more value”

Pros+Easy to set up (just dropping a tag on the site or pages you want) +Easy to run heatmaps, scroll maps, confetti maps, and automate the reports (takes 2 minutes) +Easy to filter out internal traffic (set at the Crazyegg account level)
ConsHeatmaps and scroll maps are only mildly useful for how users interact with your website. Crazyegg's Recordings feature is more useful in viewing how users navigate the site but this is an extra cost. It would be helpful if they offered additional information such as trends. Eg, month-over-month % of traffic clicking X button change.

By Crazy Egg on January 15, 2019
Hi Sarah! Thanks for this review. We appreciate your feedback on our Recordings (we continue to update that product line). We've also got some exciting things happening on the Snapshots side (heatmaps, scroll maps). Given your POV, I'd love to talk to you and invite you to participate in some early testing we're doing. I've shared my information with you directly in the event you are interested. Looking forward to doing more to meet your needs here.
January 11, 2019
Jason B.
Director of Marketing
Retail, 11-50 employees
May 30, 2018

“Good Marketing Tool”

ProsThis tool really does help you optimize your website if you know how to use it. I am a pretty experienced marketer and I use Crazy Egg for many of the businesses I work with to make sure customers are clicking on the things that I need them to.
ConsCrazy Egg is a good tool but the one bad thing about it is the fact that you cannot just put their snippet in your header and then see a heat map on any page on your site. It only lets you choose a specific number of pages that you can set up. If they kept the price low and allowed you to see a heat map on every page then it would be much much better.
May 30, 2018
Chris C.
Director of Operations
March 16, 2018

“A great conversion optimization tool!”

ProsIf you haven't used a tool like Crazy Egg in the past, you're about to be blown away. The data that you can get from this tool is crazy helpful and a little scary! You can use the heatmap data to adjust content, landing pages, conversion funnels, and so much more.
ConsPrice. It is more expensive than competing software tools (like Hotjar). I recommend that you compare the features and price before selecting one.

By Crazy Egg on January 18, 2019
Hi Chris, Thanks for your feedback. I appreciated all the details and thank you for your feedback on pricing. We pride ourselves on being the first and the most accessible and approachable -- but also, the most cost effective. I'd love to understand why you believe Crazy Egg is more expensive than our competitors (there are some differences on how folks in our peer group sample and communicate what they're actually capturing and tracking for you). If you're interested in discussing, we'd love to learn more (no pressure outside of learning your POV). I've shared my contact information with you if you're up for it. Thanks again!
March 16, 2018
James P.
December 28, 2017

“It does what it's meant to do, and that's show how people interact with your site”

OverallI was able to see exactly how people were interacting with my site.
ProsThis is a fairly simple tool that does an incredibly important task - it shows you how people interact with your site. This includes how far down people are scrolling, where they're clicking, and where their mouse is going on the screen. In addition to heat maps, Crazy Egg also has a video recording tool so you can literally see, in real time, what people are doing on your site. If you have a sales page or an opt-in page, this can help you identify areas of improvement.
ConsI don't really have any negative things to say about Crazy Egg. One thing that I have noticed, however, is that when you're using the video recording tool on a webpage that contains video, you cannot see the video being played. So if you have a sales page with a video sales letter on it, you cannot identify when people are leaving the page.
December 28, 2017
Heather S.
Freelance/Contract
Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2018

“Provides nteresting insights about your website and it's users”

OverallI implemented this before we started a website redesign so that we could see what should stay and what shouldn't. I also used it on the new site and then tweaked our designs based on the info.
ProsThe data that you get is quite interesting and you can use it to tweak your pages. Easier to understand that Google Analytics. Visual results
ConsCould be a bit easier to implement and use on the admin side.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Hi Heather, Thanks for this feedback and we're happy Crazy Egg was helpful to you on multiple occasions. We especially appreciate the suggestions on ways we can improve the product (implementation, administration). They are all top priorities for this year (and ongoing). If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.
September 13, 2018
Jack C.
IT Manager
Graphic Design, Unspecified
July 11, 2018

“The software to use when searching UX Design problems”

ProsIf your website does not convert as it should, this is the software to use. You can take out the guessing from the equation using their charts, funnels and recordings of real people using your website. The implementation was painless with just a javascrypt code, and all the dashboard is very intuitive.
ConsLive customer session can be a bit unpractical, with some pages not being showed, they should work more on this, but the bottom line is great.

By Crazy Egg on January 18, 2019
Thank you Jack! We really appreciate the feedback. Your feedback on "Live Customer Session" is something we're working on. If you're open to discussing this more, I've sent you my contact information. We love working with the people who use Crazy Egg to improve the experience. Thanks for your note here.
July 11, 2018
Sujith K.
Sr. TQM
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2018

“Get your business growing with Crazyegg”

ProsThe simplicity of the software. Doesn't require rocket science to get used to it. Features such as heatmap a/b offered at a low cost would really help a startup take the next step in the right direction. The data from heat map is quite useful for decision making and analysis. Though there are a lot of software with greater functionality and integration. It is best to use this one for beginners
ConsNothing specific to the software but using A/b and not letting the same user view a variation for the test by all possible means expect device change would be a real AI work for this tool and differentiate from the rest
August 21, 2018
Stephanie R.
VP Content
July 12, 2017

“CrazyEgg helps us evaluate web traffic for public site and to determine marketing tests.”

OverallWe use it to evaluate page performance on our website and develop tests based on user intent and clicks. We use it for both PPC and SEO testing, and it's a regular tool for our marketing team.
ProsI like the variance in views. It's not just heatmap software with the red to blue hues, it also shows confetti view - a breakdown of actual clicks on the page and where that traffic originated. You can see by a device, by a browser, by Adwords campaign, by country.... I'm partial to that view. Plus, it also shows you real-time visitors to your site.
ConsI question some of the click reliability, as some "clicks" are likely people scrolling on the page, because so many of the clicks are in dead zones on the page. That can skew the numbers a bit, in my experience, so ultimately it's a tool to get a nice general sense, but it's not well designed for reporting accuracy.
July 12, 2017
May 31, 2019

“Great software and price - helps you uncover how to improve your website”

OverallOverall, this is essential software for anyone taking the UX of their website seriously. If you want to provide great experiences for your online customers then Crazy Egg will help you uncover exactly where to do this on your website. You'll learn what areas need to change or be removed, and what areas/elements are working well.
ProsThe heatmap (snapshots) feature. The heatmap shows where users lose interest in a page and drop off. The clickmaps show when users click elements that aren't clickable, or when they don't click elements you want them to click. These features have enabled a data-led approach to refining client web-pages and improving their performance.
ConsThere really isn't anything I dislike about this software. It's powerful and priced fairly. Customer Support was also very responsive.
May 31, 2019
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
March 10, 2019

“Affordable User Behavior/User Insights Tool; Easy to Use”

Pros* The insights that Crazy Egg can give marketers, designers, and developers is worth the (reasonable) price. * Easy set up; Google Tag Manager installation is easy. * At times, it can be difficult to provide less technical team members or management with insights through raw data, but the visual component that Crazy Egg can provide makes life a lot easier. * Affordable * Your designers and developers are creating mock ups for future redesigns based on actual user data.
Cons* Having to delete snapshots because I've hit my max and export/save all the corresponding user data gets tedious; this adds up quick especially if you want to analyze both the mobile view and desktop view of your pages.
March 10, 2019
May 6, 2019

“Incredibly Beneficial for Understanding Your Website's Audiences and Use”

OverallThe support is great, the product is highly useful - especially in tandem with other audience analytics you may need clarity on - and the user experience is top notch.
ProsThe insight into the way your users move through and interact with your website is incredible. The software is generally easy to use and, if you're careful about the conclusions you draw from the data you aggregate, can be incredibly powerful. We've used this software to help multiple clients make small but critical changes to their user paths and see fantastic results because of it.
ConsIt can be very easy to take the colorful maps produced out of context and make generalizations about your audience. Definitely use the testing feature in the software and keep in mind the numbers you're working with (i.e. if you're testing 1,000 users on a page, be sure to test another thousand a month later, etc)
May 6, 2019
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
February 19, 2019

“Amazing heat map tool”

OverallGreat tool to identify painpoints of the UX of a website. Used it for testing
ProsVery easy to use! Insights are easy to read and understand. Great visual reports. Very useful in daily management of websites' ux
ConsSometimes when downloading several reports at the same time not all of them were downloded

By Crazy Egg on February 20, 2019
Thank you for the kind response and for your commitment to our product. We have some exciting new things in the works and I've sent you a message directly to see if you'd be interested in learning more about what we're working on and sharing your experience so we can keep getting better.
February 19, 2019
Danielle O.
Technical SEO Manager
December 15, 2018

“Great tool to detect UX issues on your site!”

OverallMy go-to tool for UX analysis but most of our clients aren't willing to pay.
ProsCan really drill down to see how users are navigating your website - i.e. tracks scrolls/clicks. This is then really useful data that you can use to improve your website and encourage conversions. You can also get a months free trial which is great.
ConsFeels a little overpriced i.e. the packages vary massively in terms of tracking number of visitors.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Hi Danielle, Great feedback. We recently updated our pricing with a goal of increasing the value within each package. I'd love your feedback and if we're still missing the mark -- let us know. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.
December 15, 2018
Jorden B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
December 31, 2018

“Crazy Egg Is Like A Spy Camera For Your Website”

OverallCrazy Egg helps me make informed descions on what to have on my site and what's working or not. In my opinion this is really a ninja tool! I wish the setip was eaiser and they had a wordpress plugin though.
ProsObviously, I like the heat map feature the most. It gives you a visual perspective of where your visitors actually click. You are able to see where and the frequency of where people are going to your site. This allows you to make informed descions on what to have on your sales pages based on user experience.
ConsI wish they would have a wordpress plugin. Sometimes the software gets buggy and the snap shots don't work correctly. I have used other heat mapping tools but this one is probably the best you'll find.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Jorden, Thanks for the review and the great summary of how we help. We do have a WordPress plugin (and have for some time). You can find it here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/crazyegg/ If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.
December 31, 2018
August 22, 2018

“Great product, has all though it has a lot more potential”

OverallMy overall experience with Crazy Egg has been great, they have definitely hit the nail on the head for heat mapping however there is a lot of room for improvement in other areas. I have been using Crazy Egg for almost 3 years and haven't seen a huge amount of improvement. Looking forward to seeing any future changes.
ProsSimple heat mapping Has the ability to export heat maps Has a feature to add additional users to the project Tracking code doesn't noticeably impact load time Easy to use
ConsIt could be a bit cleaner on the system especially in the heat map pages A WordPress plugin would be nice Live tracking ( ability to track how long they were on the page for before clicking or exiting )
August 22, 2018
Cody J.
Account Manager
April 23, 2019

“Great product and customer support is fantastic”

Pros- great features - reasonable pricing - fantastic customer support
ConsI honestly can't think of any. Since they have the free trial, you can always try it out and cancel if you don't like it within 30 days.
April 23, 2019
Sam G.
September 22, 2015

“Nice heatmaps providing useful engagement data”

OverallCrazy Egg is a very useful tool that allows you to get a better understanding of how your users are engaging with your website, offering much more than a standard Analytics package. You can easily find out where your users are clicking on your pages using heatmaps, with several designs to give you a great visual. Using this data I've been able to make informed decisions on where to place buttons/links to attract the most attention, as well as understanding which areas of the pages are getting the most attention. You can track up to 100 pages at a time (with a pro account). Plans start from $9 per month with a basic account, which is perfect for individuals with small websites, but large sites or agencies can choose the $19/$49 or $99 plan.
ProsGreat price plans covering all audiences (individuals to agencies) easy to use heatmaps with extra data to understand the number of clicks on each element of your page ability to track several pages across a number of domains (great if you run more than one website)
ConsI was unable to create white label reports which is a shame
September 22, 2015
January 24, 2019

“See how users interact with your site!”

OverallReally helped us to optimize several websites with real data and iron out a few issues we were seeing with the consumer funnel.
ProsCrazy Egg is great for analyzing how new websites perform with live users actually using it. It was also great for giving us ideas on how to improve existing sites.
ConsTime consuming, hours and hours of recordings to watch and annotate.
January 24, 2019
51-200 employees
March 14, 2018

“Great way to improve web content ”

OverallBeing able to utilize the CE heat map and see how our tests match with our analytical results is really fun. Its a great way for us to improve our website and we have been able to make a lot of positive and useful changes to our website based on learning what our customer flow is. It's easy to use and worth it!
ProsEver want to know what people are clicking on your site? Crazy egg is a great way to test your site and test different initiatives to see whats working. The heat map is awesome! It's been super helpful teaching us what we need to improve, remove, keep, etc.
March 14, 2018
Adam S.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 8, 2018

“Does what it does very well”

ProsIt was very easy to get started with and we were able to learn valuable information in no time.
ConsCustomer support is not very timely in replying and varies in how helpful they are.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Hi Adam, We apologize for the delay in responding on the Customer Success side. We've very recently invested in expanding the CS Team and if you do give us another chance, we hope you find us more responsive. Thanks for taking the time to share this. It's noted and we'll continue to get better. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.
November 8, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Crazy Egg”

OverallNew experience, just started working with their software a few months ago.
ProsLoved the listing abilities with this software. We sell products on this site.
ConsDid not like the policy restrictions on Crazy Egg.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to understand more about your concerns with policy restrictions (so we can address them for you!) I've shared my email with you or in this response, or you can always contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.
September 19, 2018
Jordan M.
March 13, 2018

“Does what we want it to to - much better heat maps than the free tools out there”

ProsIt's very easy to take snapshots of your web pages and capture where users are clicking. I like the ability to have multiple views -- I prefer the confetti view for precision.
ConsI wish Crazy Egg could capture precise menu clicks. We have a global nav that Crazy Egg can't read -- and instead, it looks like the clicks are occurring in our header.
March 13, 2018
Ryan O.
Digital Content Specialist
Accounting, 501-1000 employees
March 21, 2018

“Websites Need CrazyEgg”

ProsGetting the insight into what people are actually doing on the site is outstanding. The recording feature is one of my favorite things to use since it shows you behavior of someone using the site.
ConsThere is a lot to get into with CrazyEgg, it can feel overwhelming at first to distill what data matters to you.
March 21, 2018
Mark D.
Retail, 1-10 employees
March 13, 2019

“Improved Our Website Immensely”

ProsI love being able to see the visual maps of where our customers are going, clicking, and spending time. It's extremely helpful to know what information is relevant and what can and should be changed to make way for something more useful that will potentially make us more money.
ConsSometimes I am given information that I'm not sure what to do with. Not necessarily irrelevant but maybe undecipherable without aid.

By Crazy Egg on April 9, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I am sharing my information with you here to help you get the most of your investment in Crazy Egg. I'd be happy to chat for a bit about the data you're seeing, your goals, and how I'd use what we've uncovered for you to help you achieve your goals.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 23, 2017

“Reliable Heat Map Tools For Monitoring Web Behavior”

ProsCrazyEgg is well-known website heatmap that helped me improve a digital experience of our website properties.
ConsToday, it does not offer is freemium version. Also, it would welcome to see new features that some of the other heatmap tools like Full Story offer. ( an approximate emotional sentiment of people behaviors etc..)
December 23, 2017
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
December 13, 2018

“Really helpful tool for your website”

ProsCrazy Egg is a very helpful tool for your website. It shows a lot of great stuff, like what spot is the most popular or whether people click on your buttons or not.
ConsSometimes it can be glitchy, but that is okay as long as the product is live and constantly is being updated.
December 13, 2018
Babak B.
October 6, 2017

“The platform allowed us to easily track customer activity on our website ”

Pros-very easy to setup -setup multiple websites - nice visual heatmaps and clicks allowed us to see what elements on our website were most important
Cons-would be good to give some suggestions about what the data actually means and give page optimization suggestions -also sometimes the data seemed to be bit confusing
October 6, 2017
Brooke C.
Marketing specialist
February 25, 2019

“Crazy Egg Review”

ProsCrazy Egg is so easy to use! You can create interesting and dynamic heatmaps showing the areas of your site that users are visiting, as well as other user tests.
ConsThis software is pretty easy to use - I don't have any issues with it.

By Crazy Egg on February 28, 2019
Thanks Brooke! Appreciate the feedback and support here. You've also really captured some of the key points we try and do well when it comes to our software (simple yet dynamic, easy-to-use). We'd love the opportunity to talk to you more and share some of what we're working on and developing if you're interested. I've shared my email address with you directly so you have it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for believing in Crazy Egg!
February 25, 2019
Nathan S.
Publishing, 1-10 employees
February 16, 2019

“It works...”

ProsEasy ti integrates with external applications. A simple way to visualize clicks on your website.
ConsCrazyegg only has heat mapping with very limited visualizations. There are other services out there that provide more information than CrazyEgg.

By Crazy Egg on February 20, 2019
Hello Nathan! Thanks for the feedback. We're confused by the commentary though which say: 1) We have much more than heatmapping. Actually, our toolset is quite robust and competitive with 5 different maps (heat, scroll, attention, list, overlay), User Recordings, A/B Testing (one of the only tools on the market with both maps and A/B Testing), and a WYSIWYG Editor. 2) Limited Visualizations. Our entire product is built on visualizations. We also go a step further than just onsite visualizations based on how we let you review and visualize different audience sources and referrers. This feels like quite a disconnect from our current offering. Would love to connect with you and understand why your experience with the product is so different from what we offer. It has to be a messaging or communication gap on our side which is why I'm eager to connect and learn more. Thanks for taking the time to write and share this!
February 16, 2019
Emily G.
Marketing Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“Reliable Technology”

ProsCrazy Egg is a nice product to see what's going on on your website. It is an easy-to-use platform with quality videos and tracking.
ConsThe A/B testing could be more smooth, but overall a very good product.
David J.
Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2019

“Simple setup and user experience but lacks features”

ProsEasy to integrate with WordPress themes Heatmaps feature is the best in its class
ConsThe reports are lacking, specifically when trying to funnel users through a checkout flow
April 15, 2019
Retail, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Good Customer Service and Product”

OverallGood customer service.
ProsGood functionality - does what it says on the tin.
ConsThe thing I like least about this is the scrollmap but still good.

By Crazy Egg on April 9, 2019
Thank you for the review and much appreciated. One of the best things we can hear is that we are what we advertised ourselves to be. People have too much to deal with today the least they can expect is the truth and their expectations to be met. I'd love to talk to you about the Scrollmap. As a CE user for 10 years it's by far one of the first things I turn to. If you'd like to email me back I'm happy to share some of how I use it and what you might find valuable too.
April 8, 2019
Government Relations, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 22, 2019

“Great features and easy of use”

ProsThe way you can easily organize and filter your data, I like it much more than Lucky Orange in that regard.
ConsIt's really annoying that when you sign up they automatically put you on a yearly subscription, instead of a monthly subscription, and they don't make that clear.
April 22, 2019
Carlos Eduardo d.
Co-Founder
May 10, 2018

“One of the first on the market”

ProsThis tool is one of the most reliable tracking tools on the web. It shows how users interact with your website, enabling you to improve your product and get better engagement.
ConsIt could have a free plan (like some time ago), but now you have to choose a paid plan and can test it for 30 days.
May 10, 2018
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
July 22, 2019

“Love Crazy Egg!”

OverallWebsite optiization and heatmaps after implementing new pages or a new campaign!
ProsCrazt Egg is so awesome for website optimization, it truly provides ALL the tools you need to make your website better/faster/stronger from heatmaps to session recordings and A/B testing, we have utilized it all to improve our site and at a very decent price.
ConsHonestly, I don't have any complaints at the moment for Crazy Egg - keep doing what you're doing!
July 22, 2019
Loralee H.
Online Business Advisor
E-Learning, Self-employed
September 9, 2015

September 9, 2015
March 25, 2018

“Super tool for heat mapping and user behavior intelligence ”

ProsThe data visualizations in their heat mapping are phenomenal and the click information is invaluable for making sound UI decisions.
ConsThe pricing is a bit higher than other available tools out there and some dynamic elements are not tracked properly.
March 25, 2018
Judy K.
Marketing coordinator
Design, Self-employed
October 15, 2018

“Great tool for Marketing and Sales”

ProsI like being able to track the way people engage on my website.
ConsThis takes a while to learn and to get the hang of it.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Thanks Judy! Appreciate the feedback. We're taking a number of steps to make sure everyone is getting the hang of the product faster. If you have any specific ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, the Success team is all ears (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.
October 15, 2018
Joshua H.
VP Marketing
September 20, 2017

“Great to be able to see what users are interested in”

ProsCrazy Egg is easy to install and makes it possible to find out what your website visitors are interested in. You can then redesign your page to help them find what they want easier.
ConsThe methodology is a little hard to understand. Are people looking/hovering in a particular area because they like it -- or because it's more prominent. You have to be careful what you do with the data.
September 20, 2017
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 16, 2019

“Great and simple heatmaps”

ProsCreating heatmaps and scroll maps is really easy and it gives you a ton of information about your user. There is also a session recording feature which can help you check how did your users use your site/product.
ConsCrazy Egg is really good for heatmaps, but I think their A/B testing option isn't as good as other options on the market.
August 16, 2019
Photography, Self-employed
October 19, 2018

“Perfect tool for analyzing your website”

OverallIt really helped me in optimizing my website.
ProsI use Crazy Egg to know how the visitors of my website behave, and I discovered so many things using it! Also, it has a feature of screen recording, in the result of which you get full videos of some users experience on the website, it's very helpful.
ConsThe number of screen recordings is limited, and sometimes you get a 1-second video which is useless.

By Crazy Egg on January 9, 2019
Thanks for your feedback and happy it was helpful to you. We've upgraded our Recordings offering dramatically since you were with us and expanded what's offered at each plan level. We hope to get the chance to work with you again. Most importantly, congrats on the success with your website!
October 19, 2018
Kai Onno H.
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees
October 17, 2019

“Best heatmap tracking tool”

ProsSetup and creation of new snapshots and A/B Tests is super easy. Result view for A/B Tests is basic, but very meaningful.
ConsSurveys should be an integrated feature and not outsourced to SurveyMonkey
October 17, 2019