ClickHelp Ratings

Overall

About ClickHelp

Online documentation and knowledge base tool. Browser-based solution that works everywhere, you just need a web browser. Online environment for teams to collaborate on user manuals, guides, FAQs and KBs; as well as a user-facing documentation site where you publish and update your content easily. Supports single-sourcing, SSO, password-protected documentation, export to printed formats, a lot of integrations, and more. Learn more about ClickHelp

Eric L.
Operations Manager
Publishing, 11-50 employees
June 27, 2019

“Great Infrastructure”

OverallIt's been great. From my first communications with representative before purchasing (and then the many many questions I asked that were all responded to within a day or so) to my interaction with the help team, it's been fantastic.
Pros That this is an SaaS is so convenient for me. I've looked at other authoring tools in the last couple of years, even bought one that ended up sitting on the shelf because of the complexity of getting it off the ground. Amount of functionality and customizability is fantastic. At first this can be slightly overwhelming; I wanted to get right into the "create my guide" mode, but how my org. is going to use ClickHelp required many hours of thinking, tinkering, and seeing how various projects would publish out to online and how I was going to set that up for the end user. Having all of the settings and ability to mod look and function, etc., has been great. Customer service and support is stellar. Even when a problem is resolved, the team has written back to me because they're wanting to make sure, first, that it stayed resolved, and second, to ask a few follow-up questions about my incident in order to help them troubleshoot and ensure it doesn't happen to other customers as well.
ConsI would like templates that aren't as boxy as the six offered. I've used the templates as a starting point but in the end so heavily modified them that they're not at all what I started with. I would have liked something with an interface that feels more 2019 rather than have a web look/feel that's mid- to late aughts. But I can't have it all.

By ClickHelp on July 5, 2019
Eric, thank you for your feedback, great to hear you like the product! We'll certainly consider updating our templates in the future. In fact, many of our clients use flexible branding capabilities of ClickHelp to style their portals according to their company style guides so that they match their designs exactly. We even have a gallery demonstrating some of the customized portals here: https://clickhelp.com/portal-gallery/
June 27, 2019
Hana H.
Technical Documentation Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
April 16, 2019

“Useful tool for basic technical writer documentation”

OverallOverall, I have a good experience with ClickHelp despite having to learn a bit about the tool initially before being able to properly use it (which was made easy due to their tutorial videos). Their staff is very friendly, proactive, and efficient in communication, and I was glad that some of the improvements me any my colleagues have suggested were actually implemented in the newest Aurora Polaris release. I am also impressed by their blog full of useful and well-written articles, which have helped me a lot in my career.
Pros- Accessibility: the fact that the tool is online means that it is reachable from any platform no matter where you are, which is a great advantage compared to other offline writing editors. - Structurality: the tool is nicely structural and well arranged - it is always clear where to go/what to click on depending on what the user wants - Plenty of features: the tool itself presents a plethora of features that would be otherwise done by extrenal/3rd party programs - such as editing of inserted images, tables, etc. - Great customer support: quick and helpful in their communication - Plenty of learning materials: even though it might not be clear at the beginning sometimes how to do what exactly there are plenty of learning tutorials which make your work easier and even teach you a few tricks
ConsThere are some small things that could be improved (such as the size of the actual content writing window, TOC to the content writing table ratio, etc.), however, I would be just nit-picking at this point :). The biggest struggle for me, however, is moving of the Chapters in TOC - one wrong move and everything can go awry :(

By ClickHelp on April 17, 2019
Thank you for the feedback! Please note that you can switch the topic editor to the Full-Screen mode via the F11 shortcut or the "View | Full Screen" button on the Home tab of the editor ribbon. As for your other improvement suggestions, we've registered them in our DB and will consider implementing them. Feel free to contact us if you have more improvement ideas or need help with the product - we treat customer feedback seriously and we're happy to listen.
April 16, 2019
Senior Technical Writer
Paper & Forest Products, 10,001+ employees
November 15, 2018

“Fulfills our current needs and prepared for our future needs”

OverallI'm a ClickHelp beginner (3 months) but experienced technical documentation writer (15 years). I have my concepts of documentation structure, gathering information, reviewing and publishing process. With some adjustments the ClickHelp meets my requirements.
ProsThe single source concept - one database of topics which can be published in various formats, some parts can be tagged not to be published in some output versions. Especially nice tool for creating on-line help. In addition to unlimited formatting options (css) definable in various Styles, there are those smart web objects like drop-down texts, pop-up windows, embedded topics, links to other parts of the book or other files, pictures, videos. I also appreciate the cloud concept - every change can be quickly updated for all readers, authors can login everywhere, no software to be installed, no updates, patch sets, service packs. And of course the mighty user rights configuration - both on the editor/reviewer side and the audience side. Icing on the cake is the reader's feedback - for each topic the authors can see the total number of its readers and number of their thumb ups/downs.
ConsSometimes there are too many user controls and options. Like on ancient Japanese hi-fi, while the user actually needs only the on/off switch and volume knob. And I'm afraid that ClickHelp makes me feel like learning HTML (although I have enough experts all around).

By ClickHelp on November 30, 2018
Ales, thank you for your review and the improvement ideas you submitted to us! Your feedback is much appreciated!
November 15, 2018
Vanessa G.
Project Manager/Technical Lead
April 27, 2018

“Intuitive product layout that allowed us to hit-the-ground-running & excellent customer support!”

OverallYou can really hit the ground running with this product.
ProsHaving tried out several others, ClickHelp was the most intuitive and easy to use, plus it offers reviewer workflow that many competitors do not. They have several how-to videos but I didn't need many of them because the layout is elegant and easy to figure out. Of course I had a few questions, and our account rep was very responsive and helpful. Likewise I found a few small bugs but support fixed them within days both while we were still in trial and after purchase. Since it's hosted, the fixes were immediately applied to our portal, so no cumbersome installs to get a feature fixed. It was also very easy to import an existing Word doc, maintained styles, auto-separated into the appropriate topics, then re-exported to Word looking very similar to original.
ConsEvery once in a while it does seem to run a little slow. For example, I may be editing multiple topics, navigating around a lot, and sometimes when I click "Unlock & Edit" on a topic it might hang. I usually have to go back to the dashboard and try again a time or two, and then it keeps working. Also reviewer process is a bit clunky, but otoh, very few competitors even have this feature.

By ClickHelp on May 2, 2018
Vanessa, thank you for your feedback on ClickHelp! We are always doing our best to provide fast and professional assistance. Regarding the Cons you pointed out, we will contact you directly to help you sort things out. Thanks again for the great feedback!
April 27, 2018
Eileen H.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
August 3, 2017

“Great product, great customer service”

OverallSpeed of documentation development and delivery.
ProsI was able to come to speed quickly with ClickHelp and it had all the features I needed for a complete help system. ClickHelp customer support is just incredible, I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could. Their responsiveness is a rare find in today's customer service world! Pricing is also excellent - compared to competitive products, ClickHelp packs a lot in for the cost.
ConsI have no Cons that I can point to. There are some features of the package I do not need, so therefor do not use, so my review does not cover everything. I also have a small team, which this product is well-suited for.

By ClickHelp on August 3, 2017
Eileen, Thank you for your kind feedback! We do try our best to deliver exceptional customer service, as a differentiator in the market. We believe that a good product has to go with great customer service to help the clients make the most of it, and be successful. This way, we are not just a vendor of the tool, but a business partner to help clients achieve the goals of their documentation projects. Good luck with your documentation projects!
August 3, 2017
Ramya V.
Product Analyst
January 5, 2018

“For past two years , we are using ClickHelp Online help for our company and it is a great product. T”

ProsWith minimal training any one can use it. The documentation is easy and it gives a splendid look to the online help content.
ConsInserting a Video (.wmv, .mp4, .avi formats) in the article is little difficult as it takes only online video links.

By ClickHelp on January 8, 2018
Dear Ramya, Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear ClickHelp solve the online documentation needs for your company, and it is easy to use for your employees. That's awesome! As for inserting video content into help topics, we do actually recommend using specialized video hosting services as opposed to uploading the video file into your ClickHelp portal. When using such services like YouTube, Wistia or Screencast.com, you get their respective video player component that optimizes your video for different platforms (Mac vs Windows), device types (laptop vs mobile), and the network speed (mobile vs LAN). Some of those services offer nice stats and analytics for your videos. That's why we focus on integrating with existing video services as opposed to creating our own. But things may certainly change. We truly appreciate your feedback!
January 5, 2018
Rob C.
New Showroom Opening and Product Training Specialist
Retail, 201-500 employees
November 27, 2018

“Best product I found for our needs!”

OverallMore than satisfied with ClickHelp. It has given me the ability to provide a tool to over 1000 end users that has not existed in the past and that I had been unable to build with other programs.
ProsThe software is easy to use for even the most basic author. Many of the features might be considered advanced with other programs but are completely attainable by someone with mid-range technical skill.
ConsThe "Home" screen has been difficult for me to customize with my own background and buttons. I would like to see a more detailed topic created to help guide through that process.

By ClickHelp on November 30, 2018
Rob, we appreciate your feedback! Note taken about the Home screen customization!
November 27, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 2, 2018

“It's actually enjoyable to work with the ClickHelp product and team”

OverallOur training and product documentation was scattered all over our repository. "Where's the latest product guide was a common question. Now we have our documentation readily available for access by both our customers and internal resources; ClickHelp is our "one-stop shop". Being able to set permissions and visibility of publications is another key benefit, as is the ability to continuously improve and re-publish.
ProsThe ClickHelp product is intuitive and easy to use, yet robust and feature-rich. We're delighted with how fast and accurate the import process is, and with the ease of authoring, reviewing and publishing our documentation. The ClickHelp team has surpassed any expectation I had in terms of professionalism, responsiveness, friendliness, and the prompt delivery of quality support. I highly recommend ClickHelp!
ConsWe've made a few enhancement requests, but nothing major.

By ClickHelp on August 9, 2018
Thank you for your great feedback! We have passed your comments to the support team, thanks for your kind words. We will keep working to make our product and service even better!
August 2, 2018
Mike L.
APM Product Specialist
February 11, 2018

“ClickHelp is changing the way our company handles documentation”

OverallWe are very happy with it's capabilities. Based on the customer support I have received I am confident if we have any issues/enhancements that they will be heard and considered.
ProsOur company has many software products and supporting user guides and manuals. With no standardization in place we were looking for an on-line solution to improve the overall look and consistency of our user guides and installation manuals. After reviewing several of the leading Help Authoring Tools (HAT) on the market, we decided on ClickHelp. Several key features of ClickHelp made our decision easy: *Web Based Authoring (no local software install) *Automatic Language Translation (we have clients all around the globe) *Multi-Author Capability (collaboration) *Price

By ClickHelp on February 12, 2018
Mike, thank you for your great review! We're doing our best to provide high-quality support and a powerful modern platform for various documentation needs. We love to hear you enjoy the results of our work!
February 11, 2018
Supriya A.
Senior Technical Writer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 7, 2019

“One of the best tools for product documentation”

OverallA great tool for creating content. ClickHelp also provides a way to create a landing page for your doc sets. If you are planning to move to another Help Authoring tool, do explore ClickHelp.
ProsClickHelp has provided me with an easy to use tool for creating technical docs, FAQs, help topics, etc. I have been able to use different templates for different deliverables and have been able to increase user readability and retention.
ConsI would make the UI more user-friendly and bring in more DITA features such as templates for task, topic, concept, etc.

By ClickHelp on May 9, 2019
Supriya, thank you for your review! We have added your improvement request to our DB, thanks so much for sharing your feedback!
May 7, 2019
Thomas B.
Ceo
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2017

“Short time to delivery”

ProsThe software is really easy to learn. You get to a nice help documentation very quickly. The versioning is great as well.
ConsThe current pricing model is a little high for small development businesses. But if you compare to alternatives you get a lot for your money.

By ClickHelp on July 18, 2017
Thomas, thank you for your review! We keep adding features for software vendors to publish online docs easily and quickly, leveraging ClickHelp not only as an authoring tool, but also as a true online documentation infrastructure.
July 18, 2017
Julie L.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
October 29, 2017

“ClickHelp was very easy to use and we had our portal up and running very quickly!”

OverallOur clients and internal staff had immediate access to our product documentation. Our existing documentation was in Word format and was very easy to import into ClickHelp. It was very easy to update the documentation and add more help topics as needed.
ProsClickHelp is very easy to use. I am not a technical writer nor do I have experience with Technical writing tools, but I was able to get documentation imported very quickly. The support provided by ClickHelp is the best I have ever received from a software company!
ConsThere were a few oddities with the way the software worked, but ClickHelp Support helped me find a work around.

By ClickHelp on January 8, 2018
Hello Julie, Thank you for great review of ClickHelp! We do focus on creating a professional technical writing solution that is easy to use for beginners without compromising the functionality and flexibility. We are happy to hear that our product was easy to implement and use. Good luck with your documentation projects!
October 29, 2017
Ross v.
Head of Operations
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“Deployed at a client site and the love it!”

OverallA client of ours asked for a solution to manage a large amount of internal documents related to their product. We looked at a couple of solution before shortlisting 3 products one of which was ClickHelp. It soon became clear they were leaps and bounds ahead of the others. Support and onboarding was brilliant and the client has been using the product now for around 6 months and are very happy.
ProsIncredibly intuitive and easy to use. Allowed departments to easily create and manage internal product documentation.
ConsNothing really, client is very happy and so are we.

By ClickHelp on July 5, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, happy to hear that! :)
July 2, 2019
Owanate A.
Technical Writer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Clickhelp is awesome”

OverallClickhelp has really helped me in finding solutions whenever I encounter issues.
ProsIt's easy to use, simplicity and good functionality
ConsThe software has been okay for me so far

By ClickHelp on May 9, 2019
Owanate, thank you for posting your review and sharing your thoughts! We're happy you rank our product so high!
April 25, 2019