PitBullTax Ratings

Overall

About PitBullTax

PitBullTax is a web-based software for tax resolution professionals. It helps its users to work their cases faster and both more organized and more efficient way. PitBullTax includes all the tools, forms and legal background tax professionals need too carry out their job. Further, their practice can be enhanced with a variety of add-ons that provide specific extra functionalities according to their needs. Learn more about PitBullTax

Financial Services, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“Pitbull was the leader when I started . After testing other programs I will stay with Pitbull.”

OverallHas improved efficiency and shortened the time required to process tax resolution cases. It has a good client management program built in to software and it is could based to keep all my data safe.
ProsThe workflows are nice and easy. On boarding a new client or prospect is a breeze. There is a customer questionnaire can be emailed to your clients to fill out and return. This a good tool if clients fill it out. It is comprehensive and you could walk your client through the questionnaire. The built in email program is useful for sending engagement letters, disclosure forms and other files such as Power of Attorney simply by clicking the box. I like the client portal for sending and receiving documents. Most clients can master the portal with a bit of guidance but it is intuitive enough for most to understand. Pitbull has a fee calculator that I used when first in this field. It uses variables in determining what range your fees should be quoted. It is a bit subjective and pricing is a bit of an art so I use it when I get a unique case and am not sure how to price my services. Once you master the program it is quite powerful for the tasks you need to accomplish.
ConsA bit of a learning curve if you try to teach self. In the learning days I had to call support if I needed a question about how to use the program or why I couldn't get some aspect of the program to work properly. I knew it was my lack of understanding. The only real learning tool available was a recorded webinar used in demonstrations at live events and is as much a sales video as a teaching video. Further training to master program is expensive. To attend a "master the program" event in Florida requires a substantial fee to attend plus travel costs and time. A tech company should have the skill set to create training videos without charging users large fees. If I need training I review the competitors training videos to sharpen my skills in this field and at no additional charge. Not everything is intuitive in Pitbull. Logic is not always useful in learning Pitbull. I think it is better to try and think like the designers and programmers to become quickly knowledgeable in using this program. Base pricing is competitive but Pitbull is a big fan of add on expenses that can drive the costs upward quickly. The rational I've heard their presenters/sales people say is it shouldn't mater because it will increase your income potential as it improves efficiency. I would be more open to this argument if they made it more user friendly more efficient and easy to master the program with out the extra cost or so in learning expenses.
May 11, 2018
Kathy L.
Tax Resolution Specialist
November 28, 2017

“Love this software!! It has made my life so much easier!!”

OverallAccuracy and time savers
ProsThe access to Eservices and the transcript report are a must have. The fact that the EService reports are saved as PDF forms is a huge timesaver. Saves on time, paper and toner. It is saved to the individual client's folder for later use. The transcript report is customizable and provides very clear, concise details within each report type. This makes it easy to review the reports for many different scenarios that you may need to consider as a tax professional. Another great feature of the software is the transcript alerts. You can tell the software to check EServices for any changes to a transcript made by the IRS. You will know about any IRS letter, Lien, Levy or change in account status such as 'no longer in installment agreement' or' currently not collectible'. The reason this is important is it puts you ahead of the game with your client!! You can call the client right away and may even generate new business from an old client that you previously did work for.
ConsThe thing I dislike about the software is the act that you answer the question whether the taxpayer every filed Bankruptcy and if you say yes then you cannot input the case number and date in that same section. You must wait until you are in the actual 433a form and enter it manually. Then if you change anything in the client questionnaire part and re-update the 433 you must remember to renter bankruptcy information again. This is the same for the question about lawsuits.
Yolanda J.
Senior Tax Accountant
December 10, 2017

“I've been using Pitbull for approximately 2+ years. ”

OverallThis product has saved me a lot of time.
ProsThe main feature I like the most about Pitbull is the thoroughness of the output. Their analysis reports are client ready and the tax forms generated are complete. I also appreciate their willingness to implement changes based on customer feedback. I suggested a change that would make it easier to send emails to multiple contacts. I thought the change would be considered and possibly implemented eventually. The customer support team got back to me the next day and told me that feature was available. It's those personal touches that keep me as a customer. They are also constantly improving the product. If there is a feature most tax resolution professionals need, they will eventually have it.
ConsI'd like to see state tax resolution forms (such as POAs) available in the software. Even if all of the state forms are not available, just having the Power of Attorney forms would save a lot of time for me when setting up new tax resolution clients with our firm.
December 10, 2017
jim c.
Member CPA , EA LLC
November 28, 2017

“it has made my work less burdensome... the speed at which i get cases solved is now amazing”

OverallEase of administrative work ie the engagement letter , power of attorney processing. the 433 a questionnaire has saved so much time . we get the info back and begin the requests we have for client data still needed. we too find we can clean up the questionnaire and with ease do the 433a.
Prosi quickly can evaluate a clients problem and partial solution . I use the entire transcript report when speaking to irs on the phone and have all the information i need at the click of a button ....
Consno cons. i just would like to see lien discharge and subordination applications on the program. Also, it may seem that the account transcript balances may not always include accruals not yet on the account transcript.
Roger R.
owner / President
November 28, 2017

“a learning curve but well worth the effort to get the forms and research done right”

Overallease of calculation for 433 and preparing OIC packages
Prosthe IRS transcripts is awesome and when completed they are automatically populated in the clients folder.
Consi would like to have a statement of account balances to send to my clients with account balances when the are making payments to me on their fees.
Juan Carlos B.
Partner
November 28, 2017

“Product works great. Makes my life easier working on Collection Matters.”

ProsIt's very comprehensive program that continuously updates and adds new features. Has built in templates to help streamline the work.
ConsUntil you have used it for a while it can be a little difficult but contacting support they helped us navigate.
Jeffrey Q.
October 3, 2019

“They have no interest in making the software work”

OverallI found that the client questionnaire does not properly import information. Sometimes the tax liability is double. Tech Support is also their salesman. I have been told I submitted my support tickets wrong. I have been told, I'm busy I can't do anything. I have been told I am abusive to employees there. I would like to see any telephone or email transcript where I am abusive. The lead manager has replied, that yes, some of my complaints are bugs in the software.
ProsI have had compliments for RO and Appeals Officers comment how well the documents wer prepared.
ConsTECH Support. They don't have any. Favorite slogan, "you're the only one having the problem", Clear your Cache, Reboot your computer. I am sorry I don't have to with other software, why should i with you.
October 3, 2019
Deltrease H.
EA
November 28, 2017

“The software is pretty slow.”

OverallI benefit from a second opinion on resolution.
ProsI like most the feature that allows me to check behind myself in making a decision on the best resolution outcome. I also like not having to input client info and my info on multiple forms.
ConsI don't like that the software will double some figures when adjustments are made. I also don't like when the software won't save certain piece of info even after it's been saved. It causes the forms to come out blank in certain fields.

“Valuable”

ProsI love the alerts for transcript changes. It saves me time from pulling transcripts manually every day. I like how form letters are easily setup for repetitive use.
ConsThe entire practice management section is illogical and not easy to use. I wish I could send and receive e-mail through the software. I wish reminders were easier to use. I wish the dashboard was for "all time" not just the last 3 months.
November 28, 2017

“I like Pitbull a lot. I've used it for several years though I would like to see the states added.”

OverallThe biggest benefit is that it is a HUGE TIMESAVER!!!
ProsIt's very user friendly and the updates are always seamlessly done. I also like the many add-ons. I think they could be priced a little friendlier BUT overall I'm pretty satisfied.
ConsI don't like how it 'feels' like you are nickle and dimed with the add-ons. I'd like to see state solutions added to the software. The connector tool stays on my task bar when I'm logged in. I'd like to 'not' see it there.
Steven V.
IRS X IT STRATEGIES - STEVEN M. VAKULA, CPA, CTRS
December 4, 2017

“PITBULL TAX SOFTWARE MAKES IRS PROBLEMS INTO NO PROBLEMS AT ALL AND WILL PROVIDES ALL YOU NEED”

OverallFASTER ORGANIZATION AND PREPARATION OF FILINGS AND CALCULATIONS
ProsEASY TO USE AND ACCURATE CALCULATIONS GIVES ONE EVERYTHING NEEDED TO RESOLVE FEDERAL ISSUES RELATED TO TAX, COLLECTIONS AND RESOLUTION OF ISSUES
ConsWOULD LIKE BETTER CLIENT FILE MANAGEMENT WHERE ALL CLIENTS INFORMATION IS TOGETHER IN ONE FILE LOCATION SO ALL CORRESPONDENCE, FORMS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS ARE MANAGED BY THE CLIENTS FILE NOT GROUPED
Clarence B.
Tax Resolution Specialist
December 4, 2017

“Very user friendly and up to date tax documents ”

ProsEasy to use with instructions. Saves all data with easy document upload. Upadate file status with notes and other important information about the file. .....
ConsTranscripts can be a bit confusing when trying to retrieve. Seems like the transcript option works on and off when logging in. Message shows offline and I have to try several times to connect.......
Joseph K.
EA... owner

“Good user friendly.”

OverallShorten the work say.
ProsGet's the job done. Ease of completing the required information. I understand, and the client finds it easy to review. Using Pit Bull, we reached on Offer In Compromise, OIC, with the Internal Revenue Service reducing the Taxpayer's "IRS Assessed Tax of $216,000" to $17,900. We are now using that Resolution to reduce the State assessment.
Catherine W.
November 28, 2017

“The software has helped with guiding me through the resolution process effieciently.”

Pros`I like the pricing feature and the explanations during the interview process. I also like the tracking of my notes.
ConsA few of the features need more ease of use. Such as the scenerio picker. I have a hard time with this feature. Also the software figures don't always update and I have to refresh the screen.The IRM search is also time consuming.
David G.
Attorney
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Terrible Software - Rarely works, basic math errors on forms, gets the law wrong”

OverallIt is an imperfect solution that showed us what software could do. PitBull fails to deliver, but it appears others in this space are doing great things.
ProsIt can do a lot of things (just poorly). The software tries to be a one-stop show, but it does not deliver any of its promises.
ConsPoor design. Poorly coded. Most of the forms generated contain math errors (come on, a computer is just a really big calculator!) or do not follow the requirements of the IRM (supplements when the Form instructions specifically state you cannot use them, categorizing income or simply leaving it out, etc.,). The time tracker routinely fails to save time entries, so we have had to stop using it.
October 31, 2018
Robbiette S.
Business Owner
December 4, 2017

“Excellent program I have recommended it to others”

OverallPaid more
ProsEasy with sending the questionnaire to client, client returns the information and this allows you to review the information within minutes of receiving it back. The system will provide you with cost for the services of what I would not have thought about.
ConsTrying to navigate from one client to another. I have had problems getting out of one account to and going I to another. I would have to close out of the program and open back up before I would see the client that I wanted to switch to. It would be nice if a person would be able to help instead of them keep saying go online to the tutoral.
Jenna H.
Attorney
December 5, 2017

“Easy to use and very helpful to put together professional documents. ”

ProsI can change one thing and it auto-populates into every relevant category. The integration is wonderful. Everything in it works just as I expected it to and I don't have any problems with this at all.
December 5, 2017
December 18, 2017

“Pitbull Tax is an excellent tool for determining solutions for a taxpayer's IRS problems. ”

OverallI am able to make quick assessments from the questionnaire results and the IRS transcripts.
ProsThe software assists in the preparation of most IRS forms needed during the resolution of tax problems. It's ability to access IRS transcript information and format it in a presentable document for the taxpayer is extremely helpful.
ConsWe have found the activity management and billing software less useful. Activity management is not a substitute for a CRM tool. We have had a number of problems getting information on balances due and payments pending from the billing software.
December 18, 2017
TINU SARTAJ S.
OWNER
December 4, 2017

“I have been a client for 4 years. Love this product.”

ProsAutomation and Functionality is great its a one of a kind product. Best customer service and great staff.
ConsI do wish it were a bit more affordable and it would be nice to have better training videos for each form.
George P.
CPA - Practice Owner
December 4, 2017

“A CRITICAL daily tool in my IRS tax problem resolution practice !!!”

OverallGuided processing and accurate output that I ready to mail to the IRS and to my clients.
ProsEase of use in tax case processing and research. Even in processing a case type that I have not done recently, the program guides the user step by step.
ConsExpensive. In order to justify the annual cost, it is necessary to maintain a certain minimum volume of tax problem resolution work.
Alissa H.
December 4, 2017

“A great tool for the tax resolution specialist!”

OverallIt makes analyzing the financial information and preparing the forms a manageable process.
ProsThe ability to manage the entire case in one place! I love being able to schedule the CAF check alerts or the transcript alerts. It allows us to stay on top of things without having to manually check every day.
ConsOverwhelming and confusing. Since it is browser based, there are times that the information or client doesn't refresh when switching between clients. I have found that it's best to just close the browser re-login.
Melody S.
EA
December 4, 2017

“I have found the program very helpful and easy to use. The training and customer support is great. ”

OverallThe billing option I found very helpful. Along with the emailing documents to clients
ProsThe ability to create a report with the transcripts. The program also is wonderful in helping to create the information you need and providing the information on the options and billing amounts.
ConsThe cons I would have to say would be access the programs online choosing between the transcripts and the full version. It would be helpful if the two would combine once you purchase the full version.
David Y.
Enrolled Agent
November 28, 2017

“This is my go to software for tax resolution.”

OverallWas able to get an OIC approved that would not have passed had I prepared it on my own. The product also helps me to give more accurate interviews on pre-qualifying candidates. This saves me a tremendous amount of time and frustration.
ProsPitBullTax is a fantastic tool for tax resolution. Easy access to transcripts helps facilitate my business and initial client review. The tips offered through the software helped me to get an offer accepted that the IRS Officer told me, "no way this is going to be approved."
ConsThe interface is a little clunky. Product is a bit pricey when you consider the add-on's. I would benefit from a State integrated product.
Peggy S.
November 28, 2017

“I am overall satisfied with PitBull, and thus continue to resign my subscription each year.”

ProsEase of use, organization and easily accessible. Forms are organized numerically and are found easily.
ConsFunctionality - cannot enter anything in to boxes that are deemed only for alpha or numeric values. I have found that if I want to include a note outside of the context of the boxes or a simple "N/A," I have to save the Form as a PDF, and then edit the PDF the way I want in. Also, State forms would be a great addition to your product.
Tammy K.
Enrolled Agent
November 28, 2017

“Pitbull is very user friendly and cuts down on form preparation and guess work”

ProsI find that the most useful information to be the resolution recommendations that the software provides
ConsClient detail input seems to double tax liability when questionnaire is reuploaded to update information
December 8, 2017

“The software is intuitive and fairly easy to use. ”

ProsThe customer support is amazing. The interface is simple, which allows me to complete OICs quickly.
ConsThe product is relatively expensive. I do OICs infrequently and have to buy single user licenses each time.
Hugh B.
Registered Representative
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
December 4, 2017

“putting in actual expenses and comparing with national standards can be difficult to manage. does”

Prosvery integrated and complete. it encompasses everything we need in tax resolution for federal . it does nothing for the state which is a big problem
Conswe really need state segments and integration with state programs as well. does not handle a single person OIC when they are married with joint assets and income but the spouse is not to be included with the OIC
Suzanne S.
Exec. Assist
December 12, 2017

“Works fine, but would like more flexibility with forms.”

ProsThe pre-populated data areas on forms once data entered is very helpful. Other than that, nothing to add.
ConsNot enough flexibility in conforming/customizing forms. Additionally, would be helpful to have state forms as well as federal IRS.
December 12, 2017
December 8, 2017

“I use it in all my OIC and to get IRS transcripts”

OverallAutomating OIC
ProsIt is very helpful in creating Offers In Compromise. Also I use Pit Bull for getting IRS transcripts-anytime of the day or night.
ConsAt times I feel it is difficult or clunky navigating between different parts of the system. Other than that I have had no problem. It is really a life saver when it comes to OIC.
Edward T.
December 8, 2017

“The application is user friendly and has lots of features”

OverallThe ability to help clients save money.
ProsThe ability to get customized reports helps tremendously. It also prepares forms ready to be filed without additional effort. Tech support has been a tremendous value and is always there to help.
ConsCost is always an issue but there is value for the cost. There are some areas in the program where you go back and forth and its not always intuitive. Had a couple of pop up issues that were really annoying but tech support fixed them
Keith C.
December 8, 2017

“Slow learner but so far so good”

OverallI have years experience preparing returns but limited on resolve IRS problems. This software has been a game changer.
ProsWell explained how to use. Everything is in perfect order and takes out the guess work. I've used other software and this is by far the best.
Joel J.
November 28, 2017

“Great software with even greater tech support.”

OverallIt makes my professional life easier.
ProsThe way the questionnaire fills in the forms when it comes back to me. The ease of getting presentable financial statements.
ConsDo not expect instant gratification. The is a learning process. Stick to it and you will love what it does for you.
Tonja H.
Manager, Tax Return Services
November 28, 2017

“I was new to preparing Offer in Compromises and Pitbull simplified the entire process. ”

OverallI started using Pitbull with the first Offer in Compromise that I worked on. I feel it kept me very structured and organized when making the various entries. The customer support is also amazing! I've always been able to speak with an actual person who is knowledgeable of the software and with Offer in Compromises.
ProsThe customer support is amazing! I have always been able to reach someone to help me walk thru a process or to answer questions. The individuals are very knowledgeable of not only their software but with the Offer in Compromise itself.
ConsIf I go in and make a change once I've populated the forms, I have to go in manually and adjust the form.
Zach C.
Enrolled Agent (Tax Preparation)
November 28, 2017

“Very nice, comprehensive software.”

ProsThe pricing feature sets it apart from other software companies as well as the IRS Transcript Delivery Reports.
ConsThere is a lack of generic IRS response letter templates that is present in other tax resolution software, such as Canopy.
November 29, 2017

“Experience have been great. And it seems like Pitbull Tax have been doing lots of improvements.”

ProsThe best feature is that the software walks you through the whole process. It is also a great learning tool. Compared to its competitors it is in a class by itself.
November 29, 2017
Steve P.
November 28, 2017

“I've been a customer for 5 years and would be lost without them”

ProsThey are consistently updating the software and it is user friendly. It is easy to use the software.
ConsTo print the filled in forms I have to search to the end of the pages to print it, wish I could print the form easier.
Dave L.
Operations
Accounting, 51-200 employees
August 5, 2019

“Helps with IRS representation and saves time and our staff resources”

OverallOverall an excellent product that saves us hours of time.
ProsI like the fact that it populates all the forms needed for the client. A very good step by step process. Our staff cuts down filling out individual forms. Very good step by step process. Literally saves hours of time.
ConsSometimes a bit clunky switching between forms.
August 5, 2019
Jeremy L.
Business Owner
December 11, 2017

“tax representation made easy ”

Overallprofessionalism and the vast amount of forms that are in one central location
ProsIt's easy to use and a professional software when interacting with clients. I like how there is e-signature available.
ConsI don't recall any training that came with the product. There are some areas I don't fully understand yet.
December 11, 2017
pooja j.
Finance executive
Airlines/Aviation, 5001-10,000 employees
January 17, 2018

“For anyone in the tax resolution business,its quite simple.its really helpful for me in my business.”

OverallI am very impressed with the new version of the PitBull software. Many of the features in the software have greatly streamlined my processes
ProsThe benefit of this software is everything you need you can find it at one program.you can e mail clients a questionnaire, get it back by e mail, and everything is filled in for you in the program
January 17, 2018
ESHITA G.
assistant manager
Airlines/Aviation, 5001-10,000 employees
February 9, 2018

“i feel so comfortable in using pitbull tax .This software saves lot of time and money and customer ”

OverallI am very happy after using this software .it provide me all features which i need
ProsFor anyone in the tax resolution business, this is quite simply, the must have software.he updated features and knowledge-based news, coupled with their great support, is hands-down superior to other similar products.
February 9, 2018
Jyoti J.
Cabincrew
Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees
February 3, 2018

“I am using this software from last 6 months and I am happy with thefeatures provided by this softwa”

OverallShare files with your clients through a secure online portal branded with your own logo or photo is the benefit I like
ProsPitBullTax Software's vertically integrated framework and intuitive workflow makes any case a breeze, while saving you precious time to handle more cases and of course, earn more fees.
February 3, 2018
Ayushi M.
Student
March 16, 2018

“Very easy to use ”

ProsI used this software for my tax calculations and found this application very user friendly. Every rule is mentioned and automatically fills several fields for you.
March 16, 2018
Philip G.

“Excellent”

OverallHelped my practice
ProsVery through. IRS has already accepted some of our OIC's. It is very detailed and covers all you need to do an Offer In Compromise.
victoria d.
partner
November 30, 2017

“stall not usually aware of how to fix a problem and they are hard to understand”

Overallnone that could not have been had for free
Prosrelatively easy to use. has many features that simplify use when completing forms for offer in compromise
Consalways having to save program from the main screen every time computer is turned on having to call to fix problems that should not occur
November 30, 2017

“So far so good...”

OverallTranscripts and FTAs mostly.
ProsOnline access is great. A generalized pricing model is a nice touch and some guides are okay. I don't have any experience with other software to compare, however, I wish there was more guidance.
ConsIt's not intuitive to use. Sometimes it's difficult to navigate the software. I wish you could pull transcripts without a separate software installed.