Inspectlet Ratings

Overall

About Inspectlet

Stop guessing what your visitors want. Google Analytics tells you what, Inspectlet tells you why. Learn more about Inspectlet

Clay A.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2019

“The absolute best way to see what your customer sees”

OverallI just love the insight it gives me. You can learn so much watching over the shoulder of a user that is using your product. You can see when they are confused what to do next, you can see when they try to click on things that aren't clickable, you can even see errors they encounter. Inspectlet allows you to do this without the user ever knowing. I do believe sensitive data is scrubbed so you can't watch somebody enter CC info for example so it does seem secure.
ProsInspectlet has been so valuable for me so far to help me know what issues my customers are running into with our reservation system. All I had to do was paste a piece of code onto my website (wordpress has plugins for this.. or use Google scripts manager). Once I did that, I just log in to my dashboard occassionally and there will be a whole list of screen recordings from all my recent guests. I just click on a recording to watch their screen and watch their mouse to see what they try to click on and overall the experience they have. I have been able to make our reservation system work much better by watching to see what pain points the users encounter. For example, when clicking on the date range input that displays the calendar so they can select a date range, I saw that many people were trying to click on the calendar icon next to the input and nothing was happening. I have not fixed that so that when the calendar icon is clicked, the calendar is displayed like they are expecting. It is little things like this that I have realized through watching inspectlet recordings could make my guests experience more seamless. I highly recommend inspectlet to allow you to "watch over the should" of your customers to see what problems they run into that you would otherwise never find out about.
ConsThe screen recordings are actually a video, i believe they just record where their mouse is and where they click and when they scroll and so forth, and then when they play back the recording, they just re-display the page and do all the things the user did. I'm sure this is MUCH more efficient that storing video files, but it does lead to some of the recordings not being exactly 100% as the customer saw things. But it still gives me a good idea. Video would be way to data intensive and there would be no way there could be a free tier of this service.
September 10, 2019
Panneer S.
Productivity Optimization Manager / Marketing Specialist
Education Management, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2019

“The best of analytics - Great Visual representer”

OverallThe benefits you derive through Inspectlet is unimaginable you can actually feel the user interaction and identify the areas where we can keep important elements of a website.
ProsInspectlet is the future of analytics, The best about Inspectlet it gives as the visual interpretation of how user is interacting with the website, where he is focusing more with the heat map, almost every session gives a good understanding about the website.
ConsThe least about Inspectlet,when it records user sessions, the same sessions is stored in multiple files so to view and understand it's bit complex.
March 22, 2019
Sam Z.
PHP Developer
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
November 15, 2018

“Good tool to monitor your website”

ProsThe company I am working they have many websites and its very difficult to find where the user-facing issue, I have fixed many design issue using Inspectlet, it is easy to use and also it's very useful for visitor activity monitoring.
Consthe searching filter is difficult because some time tags are not working properly, also it pricing is high if you have more then 3 websites.
November 15, 2018
James S.
June 4, 2018

“Was incredible because it is too easy to use.”

OverallMy website now has much more traffic. I can see what users think about my business in order to improve the services I offer. So thanks to this software I can look for solutions to solve what users do not like.
ProsI love this software too much for the ease of its handling, and also it is super economical. This software offers you a video where it explains to you all the information about the communication with other users, these videos seem great to me. All tools in this software are very useful.
ConsWhat I dislike a litlle bit about this software is that I can not configure everything in my own way, so I have to be too specific with the administration to it shows the design that I want. Therefore the interface is somewhat complicated.
June 4, 2018
Mark W.
IT Admin
January 18, 2018

“Great Visitor Activity Monitoring Tool!”

ProsI recently discovered this tool. Been using this for about two months. This tool is a gateway to identify all the issue. In the past when i used to get complain that "something was not working", I used to have very hard time identifying issue to fix it. With Inspectlet, I can pinpoint to the issue and address, and resolve the issue. Excellent tool to view all the movement on the site.
ConsSearching is little slow when searching over large number of data. I wish that it does not bill by page views from the excluded IP address. Billing is little interesting. If I hit the limit, then I would have to pay again. It would be nice to have pro rated charge after exceeding allocated page views.
January 18, 2018
Chris C.
Director of Operations
11-50 employees
March 16, 2018

“A great way to figure out what your website visitors are doing!”

OverallIt isn't cheap and there are cheaper software tools out there that do similar things, but I still would recommend this product.
ProsA great way to gain additional insights about how users are engaging with your website. Think analytics + visuals. You can literally record sessions and see how people navigate your site, what they type into forms, and more. This is valuable data to have because you can make adjustments if you notice trends that are sliding the wrong way based on the user's actions over time.
March 16, 2018
Thinh P.
Lead Web Developer
Internet, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2017

“Many good features compare to Hotjar”

Pros- Link your product users to Inspectlet sessions - Track user IP Address - Continuous recording - Cheaper than many other solutions - Easy to setup
Cons- Sometimes it's buggy, showing a blank canvas - Searching is slow when there are many sessions - Heatmap is not correct for SPA
October 2, 2017
Jeremy K.
Operations Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“Great troubleshooting and user analysis tool ”

ProsHas come in clutch time after time in troubleshooting user issues as we are able to review the workflows that they went through to reach the problem.
ConsTakes a little bit to get up to speed but once you are there, it's quite powerful.
February 5, 2019
Daniel G.
Marketing Assistant
March 14, 2018

“I used Inspectlet to analyze users experience on my landing pages. ”

ProsI like that Inspectlet allows me to confirm that form submissions are happening correctly. This saved me a lot of wasted money, as I could identify any problems people were having when they arrived on my landing page. What I find is that Inspectlet is helpful to use for the first few months after implementing a new landing page.
ConsAfter confirming user patterns and form submissions as occurring correctly, I don't find I use the Inspectlet software much. For 3 to 6 months it was extremely helpful.
March 14, 2018
Internet, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2019

“Good Way to Capture User Behavior on Site”

OverallGreat. It has helped us identify issues that users were having on the site, create solutions and ensure they properly addressed the problem.
ProsIf you're looking for a user experience testing tool that's out of the box easy to use, Inspectlet is your guy. You get session recording, heat maps, set up page filters, run A/B tests, and more. You can do all of this without training. It takes just a few days, if that, to master use of this tool and it gives you actionable insights almost immediately.
ConsStill get some blank recordings sometimes but nothing that would make us stop using the tool. Wish funnel analytics was included in lower price point.
August 30, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“Get a clear idea of your customers experience”

ProsInspectlet is awesome software for anyone wanting to understand their customer's experience better. You get a clear idea as to how your customers are navigating your website. Not only that you also are able to view when your customers are rage clicking and becoming frustrated throughout your website.
ConsYou get so many recordings that it's hard to make use of them all. I think it's helpful for a site audit but I don't use it on an ongoing basis.
April 17, 2019
Ben T.
Co-Founding Director
Defense & Space, 201-500 employees
August 16, 2018

“Good for seeing user interaction on your website”

ProsExcellent customer service and very intuitive software
ConsThe admin is pretty old school and clunky.
August 16, 2018
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
June 21, 2017

“Neat insights to customers!”

ProsI can figure out why users are doing certain things, it's like I'm able to watch what they're doing and trying to do
ConsSo far I have not had an experience which I don't like, keep up the good work, woo hoo. Nothing else to say here.
June 21, 2017
Taylor P.
UX Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
June 5, 2018

“It gets the job done.”

ProsInspectlet was a cheap alternative to some of its competitors, and has a great free option. Some things were very difficult to use on our SPA, like heatmaps, but I don't have many complaints for the viewing experience.
ConsEverytime I contacted support it seemed like a pretty small team that wasn't moving or innovating very quickly, but they did respond quickly. Some things were hard to use and scrubbing the timeline of the video was often a hassle.
June 5, 2018
Ayan S.
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
September 24, 2015

“Great Tool Guys !!!”

OverallIf you need to know what is your customer doing you need to use this tool. I love this tool , it help me a lot to understand what are the things are making my customers confuse from the landing page and what are the things are catchy to my customers. I love you guys! You guys made my conversion cost from $180 to $3.5
ProsRealtime analysis and understanding your customer
ConsCan not exclude some visitor , like direct if I do not wanna track direct users there is actually no way or I haven't able to find yet.
September 24, 2015
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 12, 2018

“I depend on Inspectlet to get a deep understanding in how my product is being used”

ProsInspectlet was so easy to setup and use. I have 100% visibility into how my software is being used. I can easily determine what is causing confusion with my users. It's better than user testing since in user tests the users know someone is looking over their shoulder.
ConsSometimes I feel like it doesn't complete sessions. From time to time the styling is off or skewed of the pages that it's showing. These things are more rare than common, however.
July 12, 2018
TIM S.
CTO
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2019

“Smoke and Mirrors”

ProsThe live feature is why we decided to go with this software.
ConsWe paid and have not received service. After one month we are still on the trial plan and customer service does not respond to the inquires.
July 31, 2019