Hushmail Ratings

Overall

About Hushmail

Hushmail is a secure email and web form service that lets you send and receive private, encrypted emails, attachments, and web forms to and from anyone, even people who don't use Hushmail. With easy-to-use webmail, a secure message center, drag-and-drop form builder, and an iPhone app, there's no complicated installation process. Just sign up and start sending securely. Our Healthcare plans come configured for HIPAA compliance and include the required BAA and an archive account. Learn more about Hushmail

Cathy C.
Owner/biller
March 26, 2018

“We use Husmail in our office for secure email.”

Overallgood secure email manager at a decent price
ProsCan log on from anywhere, even mobile to access email. Many functions-mail forwarding, auto reply, encryption, contact list, in box folders for organization. Customer service is available via email. I have always received responses from my help requests. The cost is decent. Storage space seems to be unlimited.
ConsNo easy way to download emails as a document on computer. (They can be downloaded into Outlook) Site goes down once in a great while, still is distressing during a work day.
March 26, 2018
Kim L.
Business Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
August 7, 2019

“Hushmail is great!”

OverallAs a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) working in the health care industry, I need to be able to send information that is HIPPA compliant. Hushmail makes it easy, and the price is right. My clients love that we can communicate via email quickly. It also adds a level of professionalism to my business. Please note that I do NOT recommend products/services/companies unless I am extremely pleased with them and feel confident others will feel the same way. Also, I am not receiving any compensation or pert for sharing my experience with you.
ProsHushmail is very easy to use, customer support is superb, and it fits my limited budget.
ConsI honestly can not say anything negative about Hushmail.
August 7, 2019
May 17, 2019

“Exemplary Security”

OverallBecause I worked with different clients using the software, I had two logins. The logins were browser specific and weren't difficult to manage once I caught on to the way they worked. If this were the only email one used, one would be used to its idiosyncrasies. Working with other formats tested my technological tendencies, sometimes with a little frustration and I am a person who like to try new software.
ProsHipaa compliance is important. Encrypted messages for more security Uses your domain as an address, fostering confidence with email recipients. Resource for forms delivered and submitted securely
ConsWhen another app forwarded a voice message, listening was difficult to impossible.
May 17, 2019
Medical Practice, Self-employed
May 7, 2019

“Excellent HIPAA-compliant email solution”

OverallThis is one of the best buys for my practice. Very reasonably priced, HIPAA-compliant with individual Business Associate agreement for no extra charge. Also included are secure web forms which could be used for a variety of HIPAA-compliant functions, such as online check-in or secure contact form.
ProsEasy to use, will work with your existing domain. HIPAA-compliant without the extra charges so common in this segment. Large storage capacity.
ConsNothing. As close to perfect as it gets.
May 7, 2019
Gary B.
Medical Practice, Self-employed
January 30, 2019

“Excellent solution for secure email”

OverallExcellent solution for secure, encrypted email management. Available secure forms are also easy to set up and are very useful.
ProsEasy to use, intuitive, powerful encryption of emails; also allows for creation and embedding of secure online forms
ConsNo cons so far; by far one of the best software experiences
January 30, 2019
D W.
e-Learning Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“Security for your email”

ProsAs a gmail user I really liked being able to secure messages with a pass phrase to ensure that only the recipient of my messages was able to read them.
ConsMany years ago Hushmail was completely encrypted, but now, in our brave new world, the TOS now stipulates that they can and will turn over your info in the event of court orders.
October 9, 2018
John B.
Mental Health Counselor
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
June 18, 2019

“Great Value for Clinicians AND Clients”

OverallWhen I work as "covered entity" Hushmail ensures I'm acting in a HIPAA-compliant fashion.
ProsHushmail is a great way for clinicians to meet HIPAA security requirements. For clients it's a way they can communicate sensitive material to you.
ConsClient *may* need to remember to check the Encrypted box to send a secure response.
June 18, 2019
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
April 24, 2019

“Best HIPAA email”

ProsEasy to use, the price for multiple email addresses, reachable and efficient customer service
Consno app for android phone have to login from a browser
April 24, 2019
Mark W.
Independent Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
April 13, 2019

“Easy to use with great support”

OverallI am able to send and receive secure, encrypted emails that satisfy the requirements of federal law (United States), specifically HIPAA, as well as the ethical principles and code of conduct for my profession.
ProsEasy-to-understand instructions for me and for my clients who receive the initial encrypted email and then establish a connection with Hushmail to read my emails and communicate with me via encrypted email.
ConsI have not encountered any problems after one month using the service.
April 13, 2019
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
May 6, 2019

“Professional & Simple to Navigate”

OverallPositive, professional, and value the privacy and confidential needs
ProsPrimary reason is that HIPAA compliant and received a BAA right away to sign and complete. Software also simple to use thus far as I am a new user. I am not a tech person and appreciate simplistic with helpful tech support...which I have had both! Efficient, quick, AND kind as well.
ConsI have not played around with it too much just yet..but so far so good!
May 6, 2019
Christine B.
Therapist
Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees
July 12, 2019

“I love the security”

OverallHushmail is a must if you work for an agency that does not have a secured email software. Often times I am having to email personal emails about myself and/or my clients. I love the encrypted option. It is reasonably priced and HIPPA compliant.
ProsWhat I like most about Hushmail is the ability to encrypt my emails. I like that it can be assessed on my smart phone.
ConsThere is nothing I like least about this product.
July 12, 2019
Crystal B.
Cleaner
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 28, 2018

“Great Software”

ProsSuper easy to use and gives u the privacy u deserve. Basic email, keeps it simple.
ConsI appreciate a basic email. There's definetly no sense in making it more complex than it should be.
October 28, 2018
Mental Health Care, Unspecified
May 1, 2018

“First step in ensuring that my practice is HIPAA compliant”

OverallHIPAA compliance.
ProsThe value and the ease of usage. The ease of the encrypted emails for the receiver and sender. Able to view on phone, tablet, and laptop. No learning curve. Email suffix is the business name supports the image of the business.
ConsAt this time, I have no issues or concerns with Hush mail. No app in the google play store. No cons at this time
May 1, 2018
Amanda R.
Registered Psychotherapist
September 22, 2019

“Allows you to send PHIPPA secure mail”

OverallI am solving the issue of using a secure Phippa compliant form of communication with my clients.
ProsI am a therapist so this was a great solution to ensure my patient's confidentiality as they sometimes do correspond via email.
ConsSo far, this has been great for both myself and my patients. I cannot think of any cons at this moment.
September 22, 2019
Esther B.
Counselor
June 13, 2019

“Hushmail for therapy practice ”

ProsI love that I can easily encrypt messages to clients, and that security is such a priority for this company,
ConsThe interface is somewhat dated, and there is not an app for my phone, but overall I love it!
June 13, 2019