Ascora Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Ascora

A job software management solution to manage your workforce, jobs and projects from quote to invoice. Learn more about Ascora

Michael P.
Lawn Carer/Online Manager
Consumer Services, Self-employed
August 24, 2017

“My #1 Choice In A Service Management System. Easy to Learn and Easy to Teach. Total Game Changer. ”

OverallWe get to streamline our days. Spending less time taking calls and answering emails. We have a greater opportunity to expand and managing new employees will be a simple task that is now out of my hands. It is only just the early days for us and Ascora but I can see a very long and prosperous relationship.
ProsI like how simple to use it is. I think Ascora is really affordable and as our customer base grows, the packages are tailored to suit. The customer support is amazing. If they can't get to your call, all I do is shoot them an email and they get back to me within 1 or 2 hours. They are very helpful when setting up your Client Portal and very supportive to guide you with integrations. I have some background in computers and software but it has been somewhat difficult to find something that my not-so "tech savy" wife can operate. Ascora offers streamlined flow from quotes to jobs to invoices. All at the touch of a screen, whilst standing on site. It knows where you are, where you are going and how long you should take to get there. Your clients can see what work has been completed by looking at their client portal where you can leave photo'sand notes of what else needs to be done. So far, all in all, I give Ascora 9 out of 10 overall. Nothing else I have seen comes close.
ConsThe only thing I don't love about Ascora is that it gives Apple the priority over Android and other platforms, with its new features and design. I'm a Google man so I am not pleased that I may have to go and buy myself an Ipad.
August 24, 2017
Tom M.
Business Owner and License holder - Plumber, Drainer and Gasfitter
Construction, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2018

“Dont Do It...”

OverallTerrible. We only used the software for 6 weeks. We requested a refund of the implementation costs and subscription fees and the company refused, knowing that the effort to take them to court would out way the cost's we would get back. Switching job management programs twice in 2 months has been a real challenge, but im confident we made the right decision.
ProsProgress Claims and quote variation's are great Staff response to enquires is reasonably good
ConsInvoicing - A fault in the software caused over 40 invoices to go out without a unique invoice number. (ie, 2 invoices with the same invoice number 20 times). There is also no way of seeing invoices that you have voided/ cancelled from within Ascora. Xero Account Integration - When the above-mentioned fault was occurring, some of the invoices in Xero where getting overwritten with the duplicate and some where not based on if there was an existing payment. After they released there fix we ended having alot with doubles as they pushed the invoices through again but with a pre-fix at the end of the invoice number however the original only got voided/overwritten if there was no payment attached. Speed Issues - The first two weeks on the program where very average as we often couldn't access the program due to sever issues. The company upgraded the server which helped alot, but it still goes slow if one user in your company is uploading/downloading. Kits - There is no search feature on the Kits (pre builds) from a mobile device. If you're like us and have a couple of hundred, this lack of feature makes it un-usable. Online help/user guides - Basically non-existant, so you have to contact the company if your unsure of how something works.

By ASC Software on September 11, 2018
To any one reading this review Tom from WaterTight Canberra has been trying to extort money from Ascora by threatening to leave negative reviews to attempt to damage our business. If you checked here a couple of weeks ago Tom gave us a 5 star glowing review. What changed you may be wondering? Well Tom simply decided to change systems as he had issues rolling the system out to his staff (including overseas VAs) over a weekend after only 1 training session and wanted to blackmail us into giving him a refund. Tom is a serial trialist having just moved from 1 system to another then to Ascora then to another. Despite the Ascora team spending many hours working on items for him & feature requests, being responsive to queries (even on weekends) Tom believes it is fair to attempt to extort money and damage someone else's reputation for his own financial gain. I would strongly advise anyone dealing with WaterTight to immediately reconsider and to trial Ascora to make an informed choice.
September 9, 2018
James R.
Key Strategist & Founder
May 11, 2018

“The best job management software for tradesmen available ”

OverallHaving a software like Ascora backing your business makes the task of growing your business so much easier.
Pros- The in-depth reports it can produce on job types, lead sources and invoicing. - User friendly scheduler view. - Text messages to team members and client via easy to use templates - Custom forms for ALL uses. We are a plumbing company and this is brilliant for our leak allowance form as well as JSA's and gas certificates. - Supplies can be broken into kits - Much more
Cons- Sometimes things can get mixed up and/or lost on larger projects. However if i requested this enhancement Courtney would have no hesitations in looking into it for me.
May 11, 2018
Juandre V.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
May 17, 2018

“This software is simply amazing, it has made running the business a breeze.”

OverallEverything is accessible on 1 app, no need for other add ons. Integrates seamlessly with our Xero. Automation of follow ups and updates is extremely useful, through both sms text and email. Custom forms and checklists for each job will save us a lot of amount
ProsI like how you can almost completely automate the whole service delivery, from capturing and recording data out in the field, to having templates for quotes, jobs, invoices, and everything in between. It has auto follow up texts and emails. Check lists and forms for each job, means that we can do everything from one app. Its great
ConsCustom forms, and custom invoice and quote templates where a little tricky to set up. But the service from the team at Ascora was amazing, and they helped us to get everything sorted in no time at all. I do recommend a ipad or apple device for the service app.
May 17, 2018
Construction, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Great Product”

OverallAscora is a great tool that has transformed my business and made my life a lot easier. I would not be able to manage some of the variations that my project work sometimes requires. I believe this is one of the best tools on the market at this price point for builders
ProsProgress payments variations Ease to navigate Price point
ConsSome bugs and glitches are frustrating Mobile and Ipad apps are limited Some things that should would don't always
April 8, 2019

“Fantasic software”

ProsWhen using the mobile app the ability to not be limited to entering data only when in cell range and the background auto sync.
Conswhen i send invoices or make changed on the web site, it loads a overlay screen that locks me out from doing anything until the system has finish processing the request, this is annoying when really busy.
Nic f.
May 3, 2018

“Great system and great support team ..”

ProsIts in Australia and access to support is fantastic. The system works great for our business and has a high level of flexibility to customise. There support response is fantastic and they really go out of their way to fix any issues or customised business requirements. They are not only a software provider for us but a business partner that we are looking forward to working with and expanding our business together. Keep up the great work..
ConsIt is off the shelf so some of the functions are not quite what we require for business however they are always willing to discuss modifications to suit our business..
May 3, 2018
Ken M.
April 20, 2018

“Had a terrible time with this product that was recommended to me by Tradiepad.”

ProsPromises everything and delivers nothing . Struggling to think of any positives. I had to sign up all of the field staff for training and pay up front. Got totally frustrated with the product in the end and asked for a refund but was refused.
ConsDelivers nothing. After spending a couple of months trying to set the software up I got all the field staff in the office for training and it kept on crashing. I wasn't surprised as it was very difficult to set up and I had to make lots of compromises. The word workaround was used a lot for features they claimed to have but didn't.

By ASC Software on April 23, 2018
To anyone reading this review, the Ascora team worked for months at NO cost to Ken to implement features to improve the workflow for his business and for the benefit of all carpentry and construction businesses on Ascora. Similarly the Tradiepad team went above and beyond in an attempt to take Ken's business to the next level. Rather than be satisfied, unfortunately Ken was unable to really commit to implementing a change in his business, didn't bother to attend training sessions and went about making obscene and downright offensive phone calls. When implementing any new software for your business it is very important to commit to making the change and allocate the necessary time to be able to facilitate that change. This is especially true for any job management system as it becomes the platform for your business.
April 20, 2018
Tony N.
Utilities, Self-employed
May 21, 2018

“Easy to learn, operate or teach ”

OverallTime saving
ProsAll the information is kept with each client. Easy click and select equipment and inventory for billing items
ConsUsing from a laptop it wont work without an internet connection. Cant finish off jobs until you are connected