Podium Ratings

Overall

About Podium

Podium Webchat helps you connect with customers visiting your website in a whole new way. Stop making your customers stay at their computers to talk to your business. Webchat makes the conversation convenient by allowing the conversation to be text based. See how Podium is making it easier for your customers and how Webchat can work for your business. Podium is trusted by 180,000+ users. Learn more about Podium

Gjenes B.
Marketing Specialist
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
March 9, 2018

“Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy”

OverallBeing able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.
ProsWhat I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.
ConsThe inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.
March 9, 2018
Jordan B.
Vice President
September 20, 2019

“Get it and rethink any department you think could use it”

OverallWe absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.
ProsIt makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.
ConsSome members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.
September 20, 2019
Baylee M.
Social Media Manager
December 17, 2018

“Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation”

OverallThis has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!
ProsIn addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.
ConsThere wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!
December 17, 2018
Megan M.
Dental Hygienist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Awesome!”

OverallI enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs
ProsIt was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.
ConsThe program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be
Furniture, 51-200 employees
April 1, 2018

“A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google”

OverallNone
ProsDirect Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.
ConsVery limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.
April 1, 2018
Lisa M.
Vice President
11-50 employees
March 8, 2018

“Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews”

OverallWe've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.
ProsProbably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.
ConsIt can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful
March 8, 2018
jerry m.
October 10, 2019

“Great until you want to cancel it!”

OverallThe experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.
ProsMostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well
ConsTried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money. One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable
October 10, 2019
Rick K.
Certified Mobility Consultant
1001-5000 employees
October 5, 2018

“It works great!”

OverallI am at a new company and I suggest they use it too.
ProsPeople don't always have a gmail account. It made them jump through hoops to do a review elsewhere. People became cautious and leave the site.
ConsNothing. I really did like using it. It was a great reminder to customers to do a review. It required almost immediate follow though.
October 5, 2018
Jennifer G.
Marketing
June 5, 2018

“Gives options to customers for places to write a review”

ProsWe used Podium through another company that we signed up with. We were able to easily text with customers and as for a review through this system. Our company is strong with customer reviews so it was an easier way to ask for one and the customer could access whichever review site they felt most comfortable with right from their phone.
ConsSome customers complain about leaving a Google review because they don't remember their Google login. This company helps with those customers because it gives them links to other review sites if they don't want to leave a Google review. Nothing in particular that I do not like about this product.
June 5, 2018
May 17, 2019

“Highly Recommend Podium”

ProsGreat service that has allowed us to get many reviews when we found it hard to get them. The service is straightforward and easy to use and customers seem to like it too. They are always updating their website and makes things easier to use. If you want more reviews then use Podium!!!
ConsI have not found anything that I do not like about this product. The only thing that could be better would be if they could offer a link to yelp.
May 17, 2019
Karla D.
Customer Relations Manager
September 13, 2017

“Incredible customer interaction for fast authentic reviews from the social media sites that I choose”

ProsUp to the minute reviews that I can respond to on one platform The Leader Board is terrific to help build a fun and competitive arena between our sales force Our sales people like the app and reading what their customers say about them Once set up to my liking it's fast and easy to follow and allows our entire store to work towards different goals for obtaining authentic reviews from happy customers. The Podium staff is amazing, on top of it, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with enthusiasm. They always respond quickly to any questions. Our customers respond well and fast once they receive the invite I can immediately respond or resolve customer needs when they come through the messenger
ConsThat Yelp won't allow Podium to link up - which is actually Yelp's fault That the yelps take a couple days to show up on my reviews list That my responses to DealerRater reviews don't show up on Podium
September 13, 2017
Rebecca P.
October 1, 2019

“my assessment for podium”

ProsI love that I can communicate one on one with all of my customers and potential customers.
ConsI dislike very much that the software does not recognize all cellphone devices. some of my customers click on the link provided but it wont let them access the link or sometimes I will send the podium link and the customer only recieves part of the message and not the link so I end up having to redirect customer to go to a different site to post a review and that defeats the purpose of using podium if customer has to be redirected. they get fruserated by that point and I lose a review.
Construction, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2018

“Loving Podium for the reviews!”

OverallWe love Podium and find a ton of value in using it to drive positive reviews.
ProsHow it has helped us drive tons of positive reviews to our online profiles while also capturing negative feedback so we can act on it quickly and make things right. It integrates with Service Titan which is also wonderful.
ConsReporting is spread across their site in a confusing manner until you get used to it.
November 1, 2018
Madison W.
Sales Associate

“Love Podium ! ”

ProsI love podium. I think it brings a lot of business to our company & easy for the customer to get ahold of us/ ask us questions without calling us or driving in first. I think it has many benefits as far as texting customers & getting reviews ect.
ConsNotifications don't always come through and it leaves the customer waiting awhile until we find it.
Julie C.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 25, 2019

“Generate Positive Reviews & Sales”

OverallAfter a bit of a learning curve by the team, the software is working well to generate reviews on Google and sales from the webchat feature.  Having all messages in one place is really handy. Also folks can text the store instead of call. Customers like getting texts when there car is ready as opposed to a call too. The Sales team is a bit relentless, but I appreciated it in the end to help get it rolling. The support chat has been helpful as well.
ProsAll messages from social media, Google and the webchat come into one inbox, and can be easily handled by the sales team and review requests can be automatically generated.
ConsIntegration for automated reviews had a hiccup for one of the locations that took some time to correct. Also, sometimes the request texts are duplicated.
September 25, 2019
Joy T.
September 20, 2017

“Stellar”

ProsIt does what it says it will do. Our reviews have more than tripled over the past year of working with Podium. The platform allows an easy conversation with our customers and an easy way for them to tell the world what they think about our service. Because it is easy for our customers to follow through with the review, a high number of the requests result in reviews.
September 20, 2017
Jasmin W.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2018

“Instant Messaging made easy”

OverallOverall it has been great. The set-up was fairly fast and painless. The rep that explained to us what the program was did a great job.
ProsWe signed up for Podium and it made messaging our patients super fast and easy. Any patients that have information that needs to be updated they can simply text us the information or a picture. Once we hit send, the patient receives it on the phone.
ConsAt first the web log-in from a computer was limited to not sending images. Now you can send and receive images.
September 24, 2018
Hayley M.
Administrative Agent
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Overal Good”

OverallSo far since i have been using it daily i have been able to use it accordingly and communicate well with those customers that use it as well.
ProsI like that we can contact clients without using our real phones. It is nice being able to shoot a quick text for those clients who are not always available to answer the phone. It has opened more opportunities for us to gain clientele.
ConsI do not like that when people text in, we cannot see their phone number and i have to ask for it.
Randy C.
assistant service manager

“Podium review”

ProsI like the texting feature makes it very easy to communicate with our customers
Consnothing really comes to mind, Everything is pretty smooth.
Stacey B.
Social Media & Communication Strategist
March 7, 2018

“Amazing”

ProsPodium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions.
March 7, 2018
Adam Y.
Social Media/Online Reputation Manager
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
August 31, 2017

“Great product to help companies have their customers leave reviews about their experience with ease”

OverallAbility to request for online reviews, track reviews for your company online, and track trends to see what customers are saying about your company.
ProsEasy to use text messaging tool that allows you to request for your customers to review you. Often customers do not seek to leave a review their experience unless they were blown away positively or have a negative experience. This tool helps companies get ahead and proactively request for customers to review their experience. The system can be set up to manually set up to request for review or automated through an API when customers make their purchase.
ConsThere are times that customers have had issues accessing the reviews after clicking on the link in the text message. Most are able to get there, but some have issues due to browser issues on their phone or computer.
Construction, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“Prepare yourself to accelerate your Google and other third-party reviews!”

OverallWe have a hard time getting third party reviews because we have reviews we sent out internally to better understand where we may have fallen short throughout the customer buying life cycle. Through Podium, we are able to better leverage our crews to ask and facilitate the review process so that we can get feedback on these other platforms.
ProsIt's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results. There are other offerings that do similar things, but Podium is by far the most refined and feature packed.
ConsIt's expensive for what it is. However, the number of reviews you'll get completely offsets these costs. Just be prepared for somewhat of a sticker shock. The actual product is great~
January 8, 2019
Internet, 11-50 employees
July 13, 2018

“Podium helped me to increase the review rate of my product and improve web chat”

OverallEase of use web chat and more product and business reviews
ProsThe additional reviews that my business received have helped us to reach a greater audience and had a great effect on our sales. The web chat functionality is excellent and allows us to stay connected.
ConsI have had occasional issues reaching customer service but nothing that would prevent me from using the software.
July 13, 2018
April 11, 2018

“Amazing product, but is pricy”

ProsDoes a great job getting reviews and obtaining great information to build online reviews and reputation.
ConsThe cost is very high. You get what you pay for, and podium does a LOT! Love the program just is costly.
April 11, 2018
CALVIN O.
TECHNICIAN
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2019

“GREAT PRODUCT”

OverallTHIS HAS BEEN A GREAT WAY TO GAIN CUSTOMER REVIEWS AND OR ANSWER CUSTOMERS QUESTIONS
ProsTHIS IS A GREAT WAY FOR OUR CUSTOMERS TO GET A HOLD OF US 24/7 VIA TEXTING
Cons I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE
October 9, 2019
GWEN H.
service advisor

“good”

Overallsee line for pros
ProsI like most about it it is user friendly and the clients like it also to communicate with us instead of using the phone or leaving messages. this is also watched by many people here, so nothing gets lost no messages get missed. which is really important.
ConsAll good. i would not change anything really good program
Veterinary, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“Excellent product and platform”

OverallImplementation was a breeze (thank you, Rep Team!). The platform is simple to use but powerful and full of value-adds.
ProsEase of use Multiple users Combines communication streams and reviews from Google, FB, and our website into one place.
ConsPrice is a bit steep for SMB, but well worth it if you maximize the value of your positive reviews.
December 4, 2018
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2018

“Podium was the first, but you pay for the name!”

OverallGood
ProsPodium changed the way I manage my reputation online before I was really even thinking about it
ConsIt is expensive. Newer, comparable competitors have entered the space for lower price points
October 14, 2018
Mike H.
GM

“Excellent ”

ProsEffective Software program and works very Efficient with success you can see. The results can be measured as soon as the program starts. Good reporting. All Good have no problems or concerns at this time. The reporting and program is working as we were told that it would work with the results we were told .
Grover K.
November 14, 2017

“Podium is great to work with. They have helped us to get more positive feedback from our customers. ”

ProsPodium makes getting reviews from customers very easy. It only takes a second to send the text message to your customer with a link to submit a review. We also enjoy that we can send our customers texts from our work computer and no longer have to do it from our person phones which means everything is found in one place.
ConsWe have a great experience using Podium. The only thing we could say that isn't positive is the initial set up was quite time consuming from all the long phone calls with different people. In reality it only took a couple of hours but when you only have a few employees that time is valuable. Other than that we love using podium!
November 14, 2017
Jennifer D.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees

“Review”

OverallTexting is a more modern form of communication so Podium helps keep that modern contact while staying professional
ProsIncredibly User Friendly, Helps keep contact while being professional, Easy Up-to-date version of communicating with clients
ConsThere was nothing I didn't like about this softward
May 8, 2019

“Great Chat Software”

ProsEasy to use. Ability to send review invitation links to customers and track those reviews to see who responded. Training and customer support is excellent.
ConsDoesn't integrate with CarGurus and Auto Trader like some competitors do. Cost is higher than competition.
May 8, 2019
June 28, 2018

“Great Tool for Local Businesses”

ProsTried out Podium for our restaurant and really enjoyed the experience. Lots of features for the money, allowed us to stay very organized with media.
ConsIt's a great platform but we found it to be a little too expensive for our venue but still think its a very useful platform.
June 28, 2018
December 1, 2017

“Great way to enhance your companies profile on both Google and Facebook. ”

ProsThe format is easy to use and easy to set up. It makes it easy to have your customers leave a review and has enhanced our business.
ConsIt can be difficult to get your team thinking about the importance of online reviews. Not a problem with the platform, but still a hurdle to overcome
Richard W.
Physician/Owner
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
October 23, 2017

“The best money we have spent in our marketing budget by far!!!”

ProsThe software is easy to use and implement in any type of business. By far the best software we have come across to generate reviews for our business.
ConsSoftware glitches. We had a malfunction once where the reviews were not being properly assigned to the person who sent the review.
October 23, 2017
James M.
E-Marketing Coordinator/Internet Merchandiser
September 1, 2017

“We are getting excellent results and achieved 70+ reviews in August alone! Great dashboard too!”

OverallOver 50 good reviews a month through automated service review requests and a useful dashboard.
ProsThe user interface is easy to use and well designed. The messenger is helpful to achieve customer feedback and reach out to customer who have had a less than stellar experience. The analytics section is a useful tool for tracking and I like to check the competitive insights section to keep tabs on where we stand with the competition.
ConsI wish there was a way to encourage sales members to send out more review requests. We get most of our reviews from service when I know most of our sold customers would also submit good reviews if we simply requested them.
March 6, 2019

“Podium can help increase your positive online reputation!”

ProsPodium helps monitor and use customer feedback to increase positive reviews and enhance your reputation online.
ConsIt can be hard to read and understand the results and how to improve your reputation -- but once you understand, it's easy to do!
March 6, 2019
Heidi M.
Owner/Officer
November 16, 2017

“Such a time saver for our business!!!”

OverallReviews that I most likely would not have gotten organically
ProsEase of use for us and our customers. We simply do not have the time to call or email each customer at the end of the day to request reviews. I also love that it is super easy for our customer so I don't feel like I am inconveniencing them with my request.
ConsI wish when it says I have already sent a customer a request that it would tell me if they left a review or just simply that I have already requested a review. That way I would know if I should send them one more request or just leave it alone. Rather than having to search reviews to see if they left one or not.
November 16, 2017
MIchael S.
October 2, 2017

“absolutely boosted great reviews for my business!”

Overallmore customers
ProsHow easy it is for my customers to leave a review. It has brought more customers to my store and everyone is leaving a great review
ConsThe constant changing of how podium is for using on my end. I think it could be much more simplified and user friendly
October 2, 2017
Daniel L.
October 4, 2019

“Get noticed out there”

OverallPodium is an excellent addition to what ever one might be currently using.
ProsThis program has increased my audiance in the San Antonio market in turn increasing my bank account.
ConsI have yet to have anything negative to say about using the Podium software
October 4, 2019
Anthon G.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
September 1, 2017

“Easy to use software that makes getting reviews much easier!”

OverallOnline reviews that are consistent and an automated way to send them out. This software saves me the time of not having to ask each customer to fill out a review and explain to them how to find my business online.
ProsVery easy to use. I was also able to link it to my scheduling software so that the message gets automatically sent out each day. The new dashboard is great and much more helpful than the past. The link that is sent to customers could not be easier for them to follow.
ConsThe competitive page was having some issues but looks like it is now working correctly. Other then that, no cons.
Insurance, 1-10 employees
September 29, 2019

“Great product for texting clients”

ProsBeing able to text information to a client and then have the, submit a review!
ConsSometimes we have clients send us photo tos and they don't always come through
September 29, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Solid review/survey platform”

ProsShort ramp-up time on learning. Navigation feels familiar and intuitive. The customer support is some of the best in the business. The support is a key factor as we work with multiple locations across many different markets. The individual locations have a ton of stuff going on so it's good to know we have a dedicated support person to contact when the going gets weird!
ConsThere could be more branching scenario type chat functionalities. Lacks that true "ai" feel of a proper chatbot.
May 7, 2019
Kurtis A.
Internet Director
April 4, 2019

“Great software to solicit review and contact customers”

ProsExtremely easy to login to desktop or mobile for individual users and either have a conversation or solicit reviews
ConsSometimes redundant if you already have texting capabilities through your crm etc as well as a review solicitation process
April 4, 2019
Veronica M.
Financial Planner
1-10 employees
December 16, 2018

“Customer Review Solution Tool!”

ProsUtilizing Podium as a tool to connect with our customers for reviews has been amazing! It's so great to know that we have Podium working for us to help connect with previous customers that we haven't been able to reach on that level! We've actually seen a lift in terms of word of mouth referrals ever since we started using Podium!
ConsWhile Podium does work very efficiently it does take time to set up the review accounts to capture these reviews. Once you plug in the accounts and get going it is amazing!
December 16, 2018
DONNA S.
Car Salesman
Automotive, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Very Useful”

OverallBeen using Podium for almost a year now at my company. Makes it easy to hit review quotas.
ProsVery simple to sent review requests to customers
ConsNotifications can be slightly confusing.
August 21, 2018
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2018

“Lied about deal”

ProsDid not use the service because I was lied to by the sales rep. Very disappointing to see a rep professing religious connections treat us this way.
ConsDuring the sales process I explained to the executive I would feel more comfortable with a 6-month contract instead of the 12-month contract he was asking for; I would've liked no contract but was trying to be fair. After getting permission from his boss, I was assured by him; he had "never seen his manager do this," so I thanked him and signed up. Two days ago I met with a company that uses us and Podium for business; our mutual customer explained he had signed up for a 3-month deal with the same executive a just prior to me signing up. He had been disenchanted with the actual use of the service compared to what he was pitched. The service does not match the pitch. He plans to cancel as soon as his contract is over. I then emailed the account support rep I was assigned - who took over a week to contact me, after signing the contract and billing my credit card, and instructed her to cancel my contract. I was then asked why I was canceling my contract without using it. When I explained she said she'd talk to the executive and his superiors. A day later there's no rush to get to me or confirm cancellation, but there sure was rush for me to sign up and pay! Caveat emptor. Oh and the customer I spoke with is still waiting on his promised golf balls from the executive...
September 14, 2018
Dion S.
August 31, 2017

“We love that podium is integrated into our point of sale system”

ProsWe love that podium is integrated into our point of sale system. I also like how this can be sent via text message to your customers cell phone. I think that the customers feel more involved and that their input matters it has also helped my staff to achieve a higher standard of customer service
Consthe only negative that I can see is that it can be confusing for the customer if they do not have a Gmail account to leave the review through Google they have a hard time following the link to Facebook
John W.
Owner/Manager
March 8, 2019

“Company is ALL about the $$$$”

OverallThe problem is that once you sign the contract, even if it is in the hallway at the Vegas Market, even if you thought Three-Forty-Five meant $3.45/month not $345/month, they are not letting you out of the contract. Period. There is no 3-month window where you can opt out if it's not for you unless you demand one up front. The messaging features are completely redundant to what we already had on various platforms. And if you want to research Podium, you really can't. There are no reviews allowed on their website. There are no Google reviews allowed. The only reviews you will find are on their FB page. Again, this company is all about MONEY. They want you to sign on the dotted line, and once you do, nothing will change their mind when it comes to the fact that the software is going to do NOTHING to increase business or up the number of reviews. ZERO reviews generated. If it were up to me, I would get all the software off our machines and platforms, change credit cards, and let them sue us.
ProsAbsolutely nothing. It has been a giant ongoing pain to install. The hours my business partner has spent on the phone installing is ridiculous.
ConsTakes forever to install. The messaging icon is particularly annoying when I bring up our website on my mobile phone. New visitors are assaulted right off the bat with a bubble message exhorting them to write up, which takes up the bottom of the screen. You can't just swipe it off either. To close it, you have to hit the icon, which takes you to a separate page. If this happened to me on a website, I would leave immediately.
March 8, 2019
samantha s.
bdc agent
January 9, 2018

“Great software”

OverallLove it!
ProsThis is very helpful and helps our business with customer feedback drastically! It is a great program
January 9, 2018