Stencil Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.7/5

About Stencil

Ridiculously simple image creation for social media marketers, bloggers and small businesses. Learn more about Stencil

Debbie B.
Marketing Consultant
October 1, 2019

“Why Stencil Gets My Highest Recommendation”

OverallI do a lot of social media work for my own sites and for clients. I'm not a graphic designer but I want my images to look professional and Stencil enables me to get the look I want quickly, easily and without a lot of experimenting. It just works the way it's supposed to, and it's become my go-to software for when I need a quick image to go with a social media post, or when I want to add a quote. I highly recommend it. Oh - and they're always adding features, so it's well-supported and it's definitely keeping pace with all my developing social media needs.
ProsStencil is software that makes it easy for me to create images for social media quickly and simply. No fussing around, no worrying about getting the size right. I love that I can search for royalty-free stock photos and backgrounds from within the platform, and that I can change fonts by hovering over each font and seeing, in real-time, what that font will look like in the image I'm working on. That's a huge time-saver. Plus it's simple to create an image and then change the size to any one of a number of standard sizes for LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and other social media sites. That's a huge time-saver, too, and it allows me to make sure my branding is consistent without a lot of effort. If I want, there's also a custom size option if I need it. There's a nifty preview option so I can see what the image will look like both on a desktop and on mobile. There are also lots of icons to choose from, and templates to make things even faster. Plus there's the ability, which I use all the time, to add my logo to each image. This is software that's very user-friendly. I use it every day. I can't say that about a lot of the software I've bought. This was worth every penny.
ConsThere's not a lot to dislike. I've found it a little bothersome that I can't do a transparent overlay or do frames easily when I want to, but that's a small thing compared to all the positives. Overall, the positives hugely outweigh the very minor negatives.
October 1, 2019
Roz F.
Digital Artist and Consultant
Graphic Design, Self-employed
April 18, 2019

“Stencil Review - Stencil IS My Go-To Program of Choice for Creating Image Quotes and More...”

OverallI have ALWAYS had A VERY positive experience with the folks at Stencil. I was an early adopter, so I got to make suggestions, that WERE implemented. The biggest thrill is watching Stencil grow from the ground up. It was almost like giving birth and watching your child grow up! (ONLY I am NOT a Stencil employee, I AM ONLY a HAPPY CUSTOMER! ;) The folks at Stencil are VERY pleasant to deal with, ALWAYS get back to you in a timely manner, whether through email or social media. The software is easy and intuitive to work with. One does not have to be a rock scientist to work with Stencil, AND... You can whip up a bunch of images in a VERY short time! I WOULD AND DO recommend Stencil to anyone and everyone who will listen to me ;). I REALLY AM a great fan and avid user of Stencil! I have created multiple thousands of images via Stencil!
ProsI've been using Stencil for years now, from before it was called Stencil. It started out as ShareAsImage. A while after I bought the program, it was rebranded and completely redone, to what you know now, as Stencil. As a Photoshop User, Stencil IS My Go-To program for creating image quotes, promotional content and more. I was even able to create eCards with it! Just a few features are: An abundant selection of royalty-free stock images and icons to make your creations unique to you. You have the ability to mix-and-match, as well as uploading your own images, textures and fonts, logos and branding images/graphics specific to you and your business/project! You can resize images, duplicate different elements, enlarge text, use transparency, rotate, etc. There is the ability to download your images, as well as post directly FROM Stencil to specific social networks! There are pre-sized image sizes for all the social networks, as well... you can create your own custom-sized images! OH... LET ME NOT FORGET the MULTIPLE levels of UNDO/REDO! OMG, when this was added it was like dying and going to *fix mistake/change your mind heaven!* ;) It's just pleasant to use. New features have been added via user suggestions. I have watched it grow and been the proud recipient of these upgraded features!
ConsI wish I could select image elements and group them together. As far as I know, this is not a feature, at this time!
Lillie A.
Freelance Writer and Editor

“I use it every day”

OverallI've rarely had any problems, but on a couple of occasions when I did, I got an immediate response and a prompt fix. Throughout the years, I have wished for various features (for example, the color picker) and perhaps even mentioned my wish in a survey. Later that feature has been added. I'm extremely happy with Stencil.
ProsI've been with Stencil since it was Share as Image and have created thousands of images, mostly of Scripture verses. I was impressed when I first started using it, but it has improved dramatically through the years. Stencil is very responsive--I've seldom had a problem, but when I have it's handled quickly and efficiently. There have been features I would really like to see, and they are added. The selection and quality of photos is amazing, even lots of Christian images, which are often hard to find on free stock image sites. I don't use a lot of icons, but when I do, I find a huge variety. I don't use Stencil templates, because most of my images are laid out in a similar format, so my latest image serves as a template for a new one. But those who have a need for templates will be happy with what is offered. I love the color picker feature, which makes it very easy to match the font or text background color to a color in the photo. Collections make it easy to find photos by subject or theme. I searched by keywords for themes I use frequently and saved the photos I liked in collections, so most of the time I simply go to a collection to find photos for my images. It's great being able to import Google fonts, although Stencil already has a nice selection of fonts. Although I'd rather not have to adjust each image for different social media, I'm glad that appropriate sizes are available, and I can even create custom sizes, which I have used for logos and postcards.
ConsI'd like create one image, then have it automatically resized for all the different social media. I doubt that can be done because the creator has to determine how to fit the text and image when the photo is different sizes.
Carlos C.
April 18, 2019

“Stencil is One of my Go - Tool for Graphic Designs”

OverallWith Stencil I create blog posts and pages with their images, along with doing it for clients. I don't get paid for me, but clients I limit them to 5 depending on their online assets, after that, I charge about 150 per image, and they are paying... Of course, they pay it, but they are allowed changes and sizes for 3 revisions and it's dead simple to do.
ProsThe ease of this software is awesome. Not only was I able to jump feet first to it, with little to no training, I was able to follow along their awesome blog to see changes that they provided. It is so easy to use, like, you can learn as you go, but they do show you how if you want. I started with quotes and then moved on from there... It's very easy to create an image, a cover or anything with their automatic resizing tools. You have the familiar sizes for almost anything...such as fb, twitter, linkedin and the like. Plus templates to make it as easy as possible. I was able to create high engagement content graphics for clients and it was deadly simple. They even have a custom size, where if you want a different size template, you can create it, save it and use it later on... I first used the software for me, but then I started with one client to create website content images for a client, also for ads, and video thumbnails for their videos...and it hasn't stopped there. The software will pay for itself as it has for me...I recommend this software to anyone that's creating images and designs for yourself or for your clients...the list is long, and you will be able to add your creative part to yourself once you see it in action.
ConsNot that I dislike it, but it's my own fault to not learning how the extension works...with the extension you can capture images, but that's on me...it does work.
Mark F.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
April 18, 2019

“I Use It Daily Because It's Easy To Use, Fast, And Versatile”

ProsI have been using this software for years (it was a lifetime one-time purchase then, but the current pricing looks to be very reasonable), when it used to be called ShareAsImage, and what I like about it is: 1. How easy it is to use. 2. It has enough features to be useful but not too many to be overwhelming. It's no Photoshop, but it's not meant to be - that's the whole point. 3. It's fast. 4. It saves your images for you to edit later or re-use. 5. The download and sharing options allow you plenty of options. 6. The built-in image search lets you find the perfect image for your needs - and when it doesn't you can easily upload your own images. 7. Even though it's easy to use, it supports layers like many more expensive options. 8. You can also search for quotations. 9. There are pre-defined templates you can edit if you want to go even quicker. 10. You can organize your saved images into collections to help you manage your creations more easily.
ConsI'm really not sure there is anything I don't like about Stencil. If I absolutely had to mention something, I'd say that there are very occasional technical glitches where your image doesn't get saved, but this has happened so rarely it's hardly worth talking about.
Sónia C.
Freelancer
Fine Art, Self-employed

“Stencil for iPad ”

ProsI found Stencil to be a really easy way to be creative (and effective) without taking much effort on from the user part. You don't need to have professional experience or be a graphic designer or an expert of some sort - it is as easy as 123!!! Just keep in mind your goal and you can easily adapt to your needs the 500+ Templates available. There's also an enormous amount of beautiful royalty free stock photos (CC0/public domain) to get your social post a professional look in no time! Plus there's also a whole bunch of graphics and icons available underneath the same license as the stock photos, which reminds me that Google Fonts is also included to help perfect your designs... If you're running low on the creative side, why not get inspired by Stencil's quotes library? Why complicate what is easy to achieve??? Plus you can also upload the logos needed to brand your design (if you need it) and next time you sign in those will still be there *kudos* and if you need you can also upload a specific font!!! Actually there's a lot more to Stencil than meets the eye, including a favourite and collections option really useful if you like to keep yourself organised... and I could just go on and on... Aaaaand there's even a free version which you can use to either "test drive" Stencil before upgrading or if the free version covers your needs, you can keep using the free option! I totally recommend Stencil!
ConsHowever, if you are like me and can only work from an iPad, the technical part of it really needs to be addressed in order to make using Stencil a smooth and easy experience as if you'd be using it on your favourite browser from your pc, mac, laptop, etc...
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“Great tool for text-based graphics”

OverallAs a browser-based tool, Stencil is ideal for those working regularly on a computer, which is where I spend most of my work time. It isn't the most feature-rich tool of its kind on the market, but it works well, includes a great number of assets, and expedites the creation of attention-grabbing graphics. I'm glad I was recently reminded of it and plan to be a regular user and promoter of it.
ProsI very much appreciate the ease of use. Everything about this tool seems fairly intuitive. You have the flexibility of drawing from an extensive library of images, icons and templates to help jump-start your image creation, or you can upload custom images. The ability to store logos is a big plus for branding.
ConsMy two biggest wish list items are support for video clips (and/or animated GIFs) and better support for the type of creative designs you can get with a tool such as WordSwap. Either of these would have me using this tool much more regularly for my graphics needs. The addition of mobile apps would also be appreciated, though it may be possible to use Stencil in your mobiles's browser.
August 9, 2019

“Stencil: Boost Your Marketing Dynamic”

OverallI like Stencil for what it is, it's a great piece of software to help turn artwork around quickly for client review
ProsStencil is great for making images on the fly, giving your marketing blog post that little bit of "extra" to make things more exciting and to drive clicks to your site. We use stencil a lot with our clients because it's an easy program for them to work with in the event they have edits - As I've stated before we work with a lot of startups and non-profits that don't have big budgets, so it's important to them that they have an opportunity to make edits on their own dime. Stencil lets them do this, and more.
ConsThe free version of Stencil is a bit limited, which I've often heard complaints about.
August 9, 2019
Marie R.
Main Squeeze
April 19, 2019

“Fast, Professional-looking Social Media Graphics creation & more!”

OverallHelps me make better, stunning graphics for myself and clients....FASTER!
ProsI love that I can whip out cool and professional looking graphics super fast. I've used other graphics creation apps (both on my computer and browser-based ones), and Stencil is the one I now use over 90% of the time. Everything is very intuitive and Stencil is fast responding. Non-designers can use the built-in templates. As a designer, I like to be able to adjust and fine-tune many of the elements (fonts, size, colors, etc.), and Stencil provides just the right amount of control you need for fast social media post and banner creation. I use it to make Facebook, Instagram, Linked-In and website graphics all the time. Also, Stencil is always adding new and USEFUL features, so the developers are really putting effort into making it better all the time. I love it!!!
ConsHmm...well I wish I could add MORE than the 50 custom fonts allowed...but I understand there is a speed trade-off. Plus...in a sense, this is a positive because the fact that you CAN upload your own fonts is actually great!
Donald L.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“Reasonably Priced, Easy To Use Photoshop-Like Software To Create Engaging Content!”

ProsI have used Stencil extensively for five plus years to create effective eye catching Facebook posts and ads. I particularly like the ability to produce professionally looking content without going to a graphic artist or ad agency, saving both time and expense! The Stencil software is both intuitive, flexible and easy to use. Stencil has an extensive library of stock images or you can easily download your own images to edit. There's no software to download so you can use Stencil on any computer with your sign-in credentials. Stencil does not rest on its laurels but continues to improve its software and adds additional functionality. Unlike many other software, once you purchase Stencil, the company does not charge extra for any updates or new versions. Your subscription cost is grandfathered. Luckily, I was an early adopter and was able to purchase a lifetime subscription at a great price! Even at current pricing, Stencil is reasonably priced, plus a 7-day money back guarantee is offered. I highly recommend Stencil to small businesses, bloggers and ardent Facebook enthusiasts looking to easily and effectively create engaging content.
ConsI note nothing that I like least about the Stencil software.
Viktor N.
Marketing Strategist
April 18, 2019

“Easy way to create images for web”

OverallI use Stencil a lot with our own templates, to quickly generate images for various things that need a specific look that a template provides. This helps tremendously stay within brand guidelines, keep a consistent look, and saves hours that would be wasted re-creating images from scratch. We also create images for social media sharing, social profile banners, blog posts, and even still graphics for videos. It's quicker to pop into Stencil for a quick image than to open up Photoshop.
ProsStencil is very easy to use to create various images for web and social media. I use Photoshop a lot for work, but prefer to use Stencil to create nice images quickly. Especially, using my own templates or templates provided by Stencil. It's a lot quicker and easier to do it in Stencil than Photoshop. It's nice to have a large collection of images and icons available right there in Stencil, so you can quickly use them in your design.
ConsWhen you create text block you can't control text styling on selected text. Text controls are limited to entire text block. So if I need to underline or bold one word, I can't do it. The workaround is to hide that word with a rectangular shape that matches background in color and then create text block with one word styled as needed and position it over hidden word. It works. Other than this, everything else is good.
Ron Elius S.
Direct Response Copywriter for the Food and Beverage Industry
May 17, 2018

“Stencil is one of the most convenient ways to create your Graphic Design for Social Media.”

OverallStencil was made for Personal Branding Enthusiasts like me, it's one of the best Software that I used on my Professional Experience when it comes to Good and Great Looking Graphic Design and Illustration.
ProsI'll list the features that I so loved about Stencil, here we go. 1. Stencil's UX and UI is very Eye Pleasing! 2. You'll love how responsive the layout of their UX and UI. 3. It's easy to use! It's not Rocket Science to create a good-looking Images when you use Stencil. 4. Thousands of Great-Quality Photo and Images. 5. Have no idea what you'll create? Stencil got you covered with their great library of Done-For-You Templates. 6. Do you love quotes from famous people? Stencil have this great feature wherein you can browse hundreds of quotes from people you love and respect. 7. The Icons are of Great Quality! If you upgraded your plan, then, by all means, enjoy the thousand of Icons you can browse! 8. Stencil is not expensive compared to other Software for Graphic Design. If you love a fast and great looking design for your projects or proposals, Stencil is a right fit for your needs.
ConsIf you're tight on budget and you want to use Stencil for your Brand, you can use their Free Plan but I want to remind you that their Free Plan is limited to 10 Images per Month. But like I said, Stencil is not expensive, if you want to use the full power and complete features of Stencil, their Unlimited Plan will answer all your needs. What's more is that you can upload your favorite Fonts, Logo of your own and browse unlimited Templates, Photos, and Icons for what?.
May 17, 2018
B H.
Virtual Assistant

“Great sollution”

OverallI use Stencil daily to create graphics for my clients. I have an account and so do two of my clients and I recommend it to other clients and friends for quality creation of graphics. The versatility to be able to make specific sizes is what keeps me coming back. The ability to make them professional looking without the expense of other software is what keeps me coming back. The quality that makes each graphic unique and not cookie cutter like some other online graphic creator sites, is what makes me recommend Stencil to other potential customers.
ProsEase in creating graphics for social media and newsletters. Great backgrounds available. Easy to upload logos, backgrounds and various items which you need on graphics.
ConsIcons. I like that they have a lot of them available, but they used to use a different source, I believe and I liked them a lot more. The ones they have now seem to be a little lesser quality, in my opinion. Not all of them, but quite a few.
Martin L.
Business Owner
April 19, 2019

“The Easiest To Use Graphic Creator I Know Of”

OverallI produce social media graphics and videos for local businesses and e-commerce stores. I've been using the Stencil platform on a daily basis because of its ease of use and speed.
ProsA very intuitive platform, so you can create amazing graphics without having to spend hours learning how. Because I customise most of my graphics with my clients' logos or website addresses, the fast logo/watermark feature is a godsend. The ever-expanding template feature provides a wealth of inspiration and they can be customised to suit your needs quickly. A highly reliable platform. The very rare occasional technical issues are quickly resolved.
ConsI cannot think of anything. I have several high-end graphics software platforms which I only use when creating promotional materials that are going to a printer.
Jacqui N.
Author
April 18, 2019

“I love everything about Stencil!”

ProsI love so many things about Stencil, but my biggest love is the template feature which allows me to save my templates and organize them in custom-named collections. I can even change the order of how my collections are listed -- and organize photos, icons, and uploads in collections as well. This makes it super easy to reuse graphics I've created or find my favorite photos and icons. Stencil is a huge timesaver and one of the easiest programs I've ever used.
ConsWhen I create headers/cover-photos for Facebook or Twitter they don't always upload well. The edges of my creations are cut off or hidden under things like profile pictures, follow buttons, etc. I have to fiddle with the graphics a fair bit to get them to display well.
Melinda K.
author
April 18, 2019

“This is my go to social media resource”

OverallI have absolutely been so very thankful to discover Stencil when I did. It has made so many things so much easier and I so appreciate it on a daily basis.
ProsWhere do I start? How about the ability to seamlessly and effortlessly resize images to post across a variety of platforms? And I mean a variety. Or the images are abundant both in serious and fun? Or that it allows you to be very creative, very easily. It really is user-friendly and quick to be an expert in a short amount of time. You can use your own images or Stencil's giving a lot of visual options. I have recommended this program several times, and even though I have another program, this is the one I daily.
ConsRecently there have been a few glitches, but I attribute that to more users or perhaps new features.
Suzanne S.
Writer
September 9, 2019

“Easy-to-use, fantastic at what it does”

OverallI use Stencil weekly, and sometimes daily. I love that they are focused on one thing - they do that one thing exceedingly well. Their support is also fantastic. I had a problem once and one of their guys got onto Skype with me so we could do a screenshare for him to see what I was experiencing. He fixed it on the spot from his end, then had me verify that everything was working as it should on my end, before we ended the call. I can't speak highly enough of the Stencil team!
ProsStencil does not claim to be the be-all, end-all for creating graphics. Stencil is all about creating social media graphics quickly and easily, so you can get in, create your graphic(s), and get out and on with the rest of your day. In addition, you can use some layering features, as well as filters, shadows, and shading to spice up your graphics easily, without having to be a graphics wiz. In addition, Stencil allows you to easily resize your graphics from one to another (e.g. from Facebook to Instagram) - in one click. It can't get any easier than that.
ConsFor me, there aren't any. I almost didn't check out Stencil because I was a happy Canva user. I'm so glad that I did check it out!
September 9, 2019
Andrew A.
August 22, 2019

“Amazing Graphic Design Tool!”

OverallA great tool for anyone that needs to post to social media and wants to get a bit creative at the same time.
Pros- Tons of features - Built-in branding to ensure your logo shows up in all graphics - Easy publishing to social media
Cons- Adjusting the size of the canvas is much more difficult than it should be - Unable to post directly to Instagram
August 22, 2019
Ward C.
President and Founder
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed

“Why I love Stencil!”

OverallStencil saves me money because they have a large selection of photos I would otherwise have to pay for. It saves me time because I can format a photo in several different sizes. I love being able to add text for tweets or headline slides. I highly recommend Stencil!
ProsI regularly use photos for blog posts and as background illustrations for my teaching. I absolutely love Stencil. It has an excellent collection of photos. It has a good selection of fonts and even better allows me to upload my own fonts. It allows me to choose various sizes for my photos which is really helpful when I use presentation software. It also allows me to upload my own photos and save them in different formats. I often use the same photo in five different sizes, a Facebook post, a web-site banner, a PowerPoint background and then as featured images in different programs. I love what it does. It is a great value.
ConsThe thing I like least about Stencil is that the thumbnails are, well thumbnails. I wish they were larger. It usually isn't a problem but I'd prefer they were larger.
Michael S.
Proprietor

“Buy Stencil”

OverallThere are about 10 software programs that I love and rely on for various task. This is out of about 50+ programs that we rely on in house. Stencil is by far in my top 5. The value this program offers to us is immense. I really cannot think of anything problematic that sticks out about Stencil. I have personally tested and used maybe a dozen different graphics/design programs. There is something about Stencil that really does facilitate the creation of great looking final results. I highly recommend this tool.
ProsThe best features of this software are ease of use, included resources such as photo library and icons. The selection of fonts is also very impressive. The user interface has been designed in such a way that creating great looking graphics and logos is a snap. Everything flows very smoothly in the workspace. 'Snap to grid' works extremely well which helps with layout and creating aesthetically pleasing designs.
ConsSAAS programs rely on internet connections so sometimes there is minor lagging. This could be on my end as well so I am not putting blame on the Stencil program.
Jonni G.
psychotherapist & teacher
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed

“Better than Canva”

OverallAs a professional, I'm consistent with my social media for my clients. And that also means my social media must stand out as higher in quality - in looks! - then the typical posts. I found Canva too cumbersome to use and have tried it again and again. I swear by Stencil and use it several times a day for all my marketing including poster creations, social media, book covers, report covers, etc.
ProsThe ease, the ability to change the size for different mediums, the ability to save previous work and templates, on and on and on... I BRAG about Stencil to all who will listen.
ConsThe icons. It's not about quantity, it's about the quality of them. I use them rarely because I don't want to scroll through so many to find the exact one.
Kelli D.
Comic/writer/ etc
Performing Arts, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“I use Stencil every day and it makes my life so much easier!”

OverallI always have the best looking event jpegs and best looking social media content! I have friends who are graphic designers and they always think I have paid someone to design my content. Nope! Just getstencil!
ProsI love that Stencil sets the parameters for insta, twitter and facebook so I can make jpegs that fit each type of social media perfectly. I also like that you can set your own custom sizes, which I often use for the different sizes of content that are best for my wordpress sites.
ConsIt's not free so I guess that's a con but I also appreciate that I pay a little bit and they stay around instead of disappearing like other software/site options.
Nate R.
Director Of Operations
September 12, 2018

“My go to for stock anything”

ProsI love Stencil! I use it for all of our stock photos, icons, and promotional materials. It's simple and I can usually find all the things I need for our presentations, and marketing materials. The best part is the adjustable dimensions. You can choose the size of the images and then store them for later use - it's wonderful. Lately, we have taken to their icons library to beef up our marketing materials.
ConsOnly one - they have a really great Chrome extension that is fast and easy to use, but occasional I will try to download the image from the extension and it only downloads a pure black or white image. I know they are working on this, and I haven't had this problem in a while, but it's the only reason why I didn't give them a perfect 10.
September 12, 2018
May 3, 2019

“Absolutely One Of The Best SaaS Tools I've Ever Purchased”

OverallAmazing tool, customer service. Again one of the best deals I've ever purchased.
ProsIt is extremely easy to use. It provides tons of value from templates to stock images, icons, and more this thing is a powerhouse.
ConsI really don't have any cons. If I were to ask for something it would be a mobile app to use it on my phone.
May 3, 2019
Jo E.
Business owner

“Better than Canva!”

OverallExcellent. Customer service is great, there was a missing feature that I asked about and within a couple of months they had added it (masks)
ProsI love everything! It's super easy to use, there a load of templates which are great for those with not much of an artistic eye but then are easy to tweak too. I love the resize function too, make creating social media artwork much quicker and easier. I also love that I can add my business branded colours and fonts and they can be made the default so knocking out branded artwork is so quick. Ohhh and the Facebook grid so you can easily check that you are sticking to the less than 20% rule for ads.
ConsI honestly can't think of anything I dislike, I use it almost everyday, it has become one of my go-to tools.
aka r.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“The most valuable asset I have ever paid for.”

OverallStencil has been the fastest way to maximize my social media presence. It has fantastically proved to be the simplest image creation web app for a blogger like me. Stencil has generoulsy helped me to improve my post engagements by increasing post likes, retweets and clicks all because of its amazing image or graphic creation process. The vast variety of collection in stock photos, fonts and quotes has saved me a ton of time. I have been using it since a long time and shall continue to do so. Lots of love to team Stencil.
ProsI love the ability of stencil web app to create hight resolution images for printing purposes. The availability of all Google fonts and the option to my own is a breeze. Stock images, icons quotes available are too exciting for a blogger cum designer. Many more things to say here but just cannot express them in words.
ConsNothing say in this regard. Literally there is no cons as of now so far for me at least. Even if there is con , i would consider the pros to be a value for money.
Merry S.

“Value x10”

OverallStencil simply makes my life easier. I'm super busy so being able to create a post in a matter of minutes is valuable.
ProsStencil is one of the easiest software platforms to use to create beautiful and interesting posts. It's features have saved me so much time and money and the quality of the photos is excellent. It's my go to software and I will be extending the subscription yearly.
ConsNothing yet. I have been using a stencil for about two years now and I have not found anything that I am not happy with. The ease of using the software is excellent and I'm very happy with the end product.
JACKSON C.
President/CEO
August 5, 2019

“Switched from Canva”

OverallLove Stencil. Picked it up as an LTD when it first launched. It's been well-supported and added new features over the years (such as uploading your own fonts).
ProsGreat alternative to Canva! Lets me upload my own fonts. Has generous built-in libraries for icons, quotes, and royalty-free stock photos. Instantly resizes your graphics to whatever size you need and includes lots of common templates for social media ads, banners, etc., plus the ability to generate custom sizes.
ConsThe selection of image filters is limited and most are not very good, but I rarely use even the good ones, so it's not a big deal to me.
August 5, 2019
Jamie P.
Owner/Operator

“Can't Live Without It!”

OverallStencil has become our go to app for quickly creating a social post on all of the networks. The ease of use and convenience is off the charts! Right click any image and crop it or start creating with it. Use it as a background or as an object in a bigger creation. Either way it is super simple and crazy fast to do with Stencil. The transparency controls are a huge plus and the fact that you can upload your own images and fonts is awesome! Stencil continues to be a major part of our businesses toolbox and we have increased our productivity because of the apps that have been replaced by Stencil. In closing that fact that it is cloud/browser based and you can get to it and your saved projects from any browser puts it over the top for me! I have and will continue to recommend Stencil for all of these reasons and many more!
ProsThe ease of use to simply right click an image and be able to instantly crop, edit and create using that image!
ConsI have thought very hard about cons of Stencil and while I cannot find anything I really feel is a con I can suggest that they add the ability to add shadows to the pictures, objects, icons, text etc. This would add a certain type of pop to the images that is very popular these days and helps add depth to images.
Charlene B.
Information Services, Self-employed
April 18, 2019

“My Daily Tool to Create Images”

OverallThe biggest problem that Stencil solved was being able to find images that are different than what I see on social media. The biggest benefit that Stencil is for me is ease of use. In 10 minutes I will have an image or 2 or 3 for my blog, an image for many different social media platforms, and a cover image for an ebook.
ProsI love how many images are available to me for any given project I start. I also really like the templates that I can choose from. This program is so darned easy to use I often wonder how I got along without it.
ConsI haven't found a negative about this software. And, I've tried. Sure, if it had real publishing capabilities like templates for ebooks and mini-books it would be more awesome, but that's not the type of software this is.
Ramon S.
Interview Coach
April 18, 2019

“Saves me 30 minutes every day!”

OverallThey're awesome and I love using the their product.
ProsSincerely my focus is on creating great written content for my clients and prospects, I don't have time to look for and edit the perfect photo for my newsletters. Getstencil.com made it easy where all I do is type in the theme in the search bar and a ton of great stock photo options show up immediately after. I don't have to worry about giving credit so I just download and upload to the newsletter and send it out. It also lets me add text and my logo when I need to with no extra effort. It probably took me longer to write this than it does to get the perfect photo for my website. Get it now!
ConsMaybe advanced users can find something wrong with it but for someone who needs a pic that's easily editable who isn't a graphic designer this works perfectly. They also add more pics fairly often.
Goldie R.
August 3, 2019

“Brilliant graphics tool”

OverallI love it, a great little tool, with a lot of great functionality
ProsBeing able to take any image from pixabay, edit, crop, add icons, text etc, and send directly to my wordpress media library, or post to social media, right from the chrome tool
ConsChrome plugin occasionally crashes and reloads the site its loaded over.
August 3, 2019
Sue I.
Course creator
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
April 18, 2019

“Can't rate Stencil highly enough ”

OverallMy social media posts are super simple to create. I have also created all the graphics for my website and when I decided something didn't quite look right it was so easy to tweak, save and download again. I can create new templates easily, find saved ones and use the huge amount of photos on offer within The Stencil software. I am one very happy customer and would never go anywhere else - I have no need!
ProsSo easy to use. Dashboard is intuitive and easy to navigate. Love that I can use the standard social media sizes or very easily create my own custom ones. Everything is easy to find again and uploading my own photos is quick and easy.
ConsThere is honestly nothing I don't like about Stencil...it is a pleasure to use every time.
Kim G.
Présidente Passionnée et Consultante auprès des femmes démarrage|développement d'entreprise
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

“Practical, easy, versatile”

OverallExcellent! I really recommend this powerful tool!
ProsOne of the features that I love the most is the resizable option and "send it to your phone" option. It's so easy to use to change quickly the format without redoing all the work. There's a lots of images, templates, quotes ready to use that saves us a lot of time! A feature that I really appreciate is the folders so that we can get organized and not have a messy workplace: again, lots of time saved! We can upload our logo and brand items, put our colors in the fast action space and save our templates. You can customize and create your own format. They create new images and templates regularly also! Really, it's an essential tool fir any business!
ConsCustomized format are limited in pixels... You can't get over 2700 pixels which forces is sometimes to use another tool.
David W.
Web Designer
Internet, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“Stencil turned a chore into a pleasure”

OverallI have used Stencil for a long time (before it was even called Stencil) and I have always been impressed, but have not needed to use it regularly. More recently that changed and I using it almost daily. I would hate to be without it now. Also I must say I am impressed with the way they seem to handle support too. Seems like a company of emotionally mature people.
ProsIt made it so incredibly easy to for me add custom and stylish images to my WordPress sites quickly. I like the choice of design options. They are powerful, yet the user interface is simple. I have tried other software doing a similar job, but much prefer Stencil. It has been constantly improved over the years, but has remained intuitive.
ConsThere is nothing I can think of. There were somethings I would have liked when they launched the WordPress plugin for Stencil, but they added them... within a week. They don't provide free cheese. Will that do?
Mike B.
April 18, 2019

“Incredible Social Media Tool”

OverallUsed for social media posts, blog article illustrations and promotional emails, so I keep a browser tab pinned with Stencil at all times so I can jump right in. I looked everywhere for a flexible tool that is user friendly. Found it! Stencil answers my social media and promotional email image needs at a reasonable price.
ProsThe ability to import my own images, create watermarks and add my own fonts is wonderful. Just love the WordPress plug-in as well.
ConsThere are slight adjustments to text outlines and shadows I'd like to be possible that I haven't been able to accomplish.
April 18, 2019

“Love This Incredible Image Creator!”

ProsThe Stencil app is not only really easy to use, it's fun! The app includes cool templates and so many unique editing features to create your one-of-a-kind images. Been using Stencil and getting more engagement for all my social media, websites and inspirational quotes. Also use it to create unique graphics for my video marketing business. I highly recommend the Stencil app.
ConsBecause Stencil is so easy to use, I really don't find anything that I don't like about it!
Semiconductors, Unspecified
June 11, 2018

“Truly a life saver for design amateurs!”

OverallDesign chops, Beautiful aesthetic images
ProsI have found Stencil to be a quick way to create images for a variety of projects. There are plenty of templates on offer and the tool integrates well with buffer. The tool offers layouts that cater to the dimensions of all popular social media sites and comes with a rich library of background images as well as fonts.
ConsOnce a brand guideline is established, it rarely changes. It would be nice if the tool can allow you to get variants of design based on what you have designed. However, that is only a minor grouse. The tool offers plenty of options and it times your outputs are limited by your own imagination.
June 11, 2018
Piyush G.
Co-Owner
Design, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2019

“Good place to get copyright free photographs for your use”

OverallAmazingly helpful
ProsThere is a huge number of photographs in this, I just love the association of keywords with the photographs. It's amazingly huge. The database is too big and satisfies all the needs of the photographs so far. Maybe sometimes we need to be smart enough to be able to boggle heads for keywords but that is not a huge drawback.
ConsMaybe more keywords can be associated with each pic
July 22, 2019
Kim S.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Love Stencil”

OverallMy overall experience has been excellent, it's priced extremely well, and it saves a lot of time. It's awesome for someone who is not tech savvy or graphically inclined.
ProsI love Stencil because I am not tech savvy or a graphic designer and they have made it very easy for someone like me to use. I really like that I can make one graphic and then save it with one click for all of my different sites, it saves me so much time. I use it almost daily and recommend it to everyone who needs to make their own graphics.
ConsI would like to be able to change a font and size of that font within the same text block without adding a new text block.
Shane H.
Mental Health Care, Self-employed

“starts for Stencil”

OverallI'm a counselor in private practice. With no employees and very little social media savvy, I have to do it all on my own and hope for the best. Stencil has been a godsend for me. It's quick, easy and the learning curve was tiny. I use it for all my graphical content creation on a daily basis.
ProsEase of use Templates Ability to size images easily for various platforms Ability to share directly to various platforms Response time on social media...even if I'm just playing around Ability to favorite pictures and save my work for future use
ConsI'd like the ability to 'favorite' my frequently used fonts and/or create my own templates that have my brand fonts ready to go.
Caroline D.
Founder | Director
April 18, 2019

“I use it all the time - so helpful!”

OverallI purchased Stencil through the AppSumo deal and it rates as one of my best AppSumo purchases ever, as I use it all the time. The software is super intuitive and fun to use! Love the scaling of text, variety of choices available and templates. Really an amazing product!
ProsStencil is my go-to when I'm looking for excellent photos for blog posts, Medium posts and creating digital materials to promote my brand, events, etc. I love the variety of fonts, the functionality, and the templates available. Getting this has been such a win for me!
ConsI like just about everything. I would like to be able to put shapes and lines in at will. So far, I haven't been able to figure that one out.
Maria S.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
April 18, 2019

“Ease of Use Makes for Quick Graphics Publishing”

OverallCreating graphics for all my business needs for my blog, product images, book covers, emails, and social media has been so much easier. I have everything in one place including royalty-free images and quotes that otherwise would require me to go back and forth to generate or buy. Saving in formats that I need is a big plus. More than that, the cost of keeping stencil doesn't require me to shell out a lot of money. My investment in Stencil is all worth it.
ProsStencil is an all-in graphics application that supports all my business needs. With Stencil, I have been saving a lot in terms of money and time. Graphics design needs - templates, fonts (flexibility), image size, aesthetics, ease of layout, file format, storage, copyright images, quotes, among other functionality - have been well thought out and met.
ConsStencil didn't have an undo and redo button in the past but now they do.
Phillip C.
Marketing
Design, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2019

“Stencil Has Become Our Daily Tool For Social Graphics”

OverallWe love Stencil for helping us to save time creating beautiful design for our social channels.
ProsWe need quite a fair number of graphic design for our social media posts and we need to produce these materials fast and professional-looking. Stencil provides us the simplicity and speed-performance with their assets library and pre-made design templates. We use the Wordpress plugin for our blog posts, chrome extension for Facebook posts. Everything works nicely and fast. No bloat, no delay.
ConsNo calendar to schedule nor track our social postings for optimal posting timings. Basically, Stencil acts like a graphic-editing tool only.
February 26, 2019
Ale R.
Editor
Newspapers, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2018

“Best editor and fast social media creator”

OverallSave time on image creation for social media. Insanely fast
ProsAt first i was not sure about stencil, but after try it... just love it! Is insaly fast to make post and memes for social media. You can pick a image and make a post in second. Its perfect for any content creator for social media. Usually take 5-10min make a content with another app, with stencil i do it in '45 sec. Trully I think Is the best editor for quick social media post. Better than canva, promorepublic and design bolt or photoshop. Is fast, and very versatil The best from stencil is extension is very handly and quick. They have a good library
ConsThey remove emojis Would be nice have photo collage They implement folder... but isnt very good for order the post They dont include schedule or instagram
February 8, 2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
October 7, 2019

“Unique Social Media Graphics ”

OverallOverall, this site is so amazing. I am a writer and I need time to be creative. I need time to work on my blog images for my blog site. This site helps me create each media graphic or quote graphic with no issue at all. This site is great for bloggers and people who love to be creative.
ProsI like how I get to create my social media graphics with no problem. I love how I get to be creative when I am working on my writing topics with this site. I use this site to create graphics for my blog page and social media writing pages. I like how I can make my graphics which are unique. This site has many templates and each one has a unique style to it. I love to use the templates on this site. I can navigate on this site easily and put my own quotes on my graphics. This site has fonts and text options that are simple to use. I can change the font color for each graphic which I need to do frequently. I also love how this site allows me to make up to 10 images for my social media pages or blog pages. My other favorite thing about this site is the area where I can choose famous quotes. I love how there are so many famous quotes I can pick from. I can put the famous quotes on my images as well.
ConsThis site should have more free templates to choose from. This site has beautiful templates, but more free ones would be useful as well. The templates should have more color options and more different picture templates. This would help when choosing which template to use for my graphics.
October 7, 2019
L. David H.
Sole Proprietor
April 22, 2019

“Great Online Tool”

ProsI know this may sound strange, but I love the drop shadow capability and the dynamic text resizing (there's a slider). I am a user of several cloud-based design suites, a few are professional grade. None of them have a slider. Stencil is my go to whenever I need to move quickly to get out a Web graphic.
ConsI wish we could output CMYK images, in pdf. That, along with larger dimensions options would make Stencil one of my top 3 cloud tools.
April 22, 2019
Ramon W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“Stops Social Media Frustration”

OverallStencil is an all-in-one solution for social media graphics, no more moving between two or three different applications to accomplish what I want. Highly recommended.
ProsStencil makes simple and easy to craft unique, personalized graphics for social media without needing to be a graphics designer. It's intuitive so you can learn it fast, and I ove the Chrome extension.
ConsTop of my wishlist: (1) make the templates easier to search, and (2) a Stencil mobile app, please.
Stefano M.
Design Strategist
Education Management, Self-employed
April 18, 2019

“The ultimate Social media engagement boosting platfrom”

OverallI've been using Stencil for about two years or so. After having experimented different platforms to create social media images, I still go back to Stencil for its simplicity and speed of use, I also love the branding feature and the possibility to create and save your templates.
ProsSpeed! You can create an engaging and stylish image for your social media campaigns in just a few minutes that fit different platforms.
ConsNot much, it offers more than what I need to create and download high-quality images.
Michelle G.
Retail, 1-10 employees

“GREAT customer service”

OverallCustomer service is excellent! I always get an extremely fast response and whatever my issue it is resolved.
ProsIts ease of use and library of photos! I even use the Chrome extension to pull photos directly from my website for my posts and when I need a photo they have plenty to choose from. They also have a ton of preset sizes to choose from and I can save my own sizes for future use. Overall intuitive to use, easy, fast and saves me a TON of time. Highly recommend.
ConsThe resizing an image I have imported tends to make it blurry, probably user error.