Line2 Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Line2

Line2 is a cloud-based business phone service that lets you talk/text across all your devices with the simplicity of an app. Simply sign up for a Line2 number & you'll have a second phone line to give out for work or when you don't want to share your personal phone. For individuals, its an easy way to keep work calls/texts separate from personal ones. For small businesses, its a full-featured VoIP phone service that gives you & your team a professional phone line on your existing devices. Learn more about Line2

Mental Health Care, Self-employed
August 14, 2019

“My Business Phone”

OverallDespite the glitches I enjoy it and they even have customer service that seems to be involved. I am offered early on a scheduled appointment to discuss all the features of the phone that can help me with my business.
ProsI enjoyed it, I appreciate being able to try the trial and
ConsWhen I send text messages it may seem delayed when you go back to read it but on my client's end, he received the message so he replies but on the message log instead his answer to my question appears before mine. I like to log my client's contact so I hope this glitch will be fixed. Clients number- when you click add to contacts you go and right away brings you to your contacts where my number for client is saved but it doesn't save it in the app- so it still appears as just the number.
August 14, 2019
Thomas S.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
August 29, 2019

“Horrible”

ProsThe software usually delivers my messages and calls reasonably well.
ConsThe software is buggy.I get random errors such as divide by zero exceptions during normal operation. On Windows 10, it will not save my microphone and headset settings. This means that I frequently (for every call) have to hang up on people, go into settings, set the microphone and speakers back to my headset, and call them back. This is inconvenient for people I know and can call back, but devastating if I'm trying to conduct business. Every update brings a litany of unexpected behavior and new errors, especially on mobile. (Moto E4 Plus) My biggest dislike is the difficulty I have had in getting assistance in porting my number out now that I have decided I'm done. They say they haven't received a port request despite my carrier submitting a request repeatedly over the course of 2-3 months. We have tried reaching out to their VOIP service provider to try and get an answer as to why the port request is being rejected, but have yet to have a call answered despite calling during their posted open hours. Line2's response has basically been "not our problem."
August 29, 2019
lily v.
sales admin
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“Convenient Phone Service Program”

OverallOverall great software and very affordable. Can be glitchy at times, but you get what you pay for.
ProsThis cloud based software is very easy to you use and lets you use one or multiple phone numbers across various devices. Decent value for the price, but expect to encounter glitches here and there.
ConsIt can be very very slow to load the software at times. If you have a poor or slow internet connection, often times the software does not work at all.
January 9, 2019
Shekhar J.
Student Intern
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2018

“Decent software for texting and calling”

Overalldecent value for a decent price but expect some minor technical glitches
ProsThe user can get texting and calling options on a single phone. The pricing is cheap and the basic plan is good enough for small businesses especially for international calling over the internet.
ConsThe software doesn't do well if the internet speed is low and moreover it freezes abruptly which is really disappointing. There are certainly several other softwares available that work smoother.
July 11, 2018
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Your second number with out a sim”

Overall10/10
ProsOne of the best calling app with a reasonable pricing. It has call forwarding option. Clear audio for international calls even works with better mobile internet connection
ConsI was happy with their services so I don't have any cons or negative comments
April 12, 2019
February 22, 2018

“I use it daily for texting in the cloud”

OverallIt's ok but could be better
ProsI like to be able to use a cloud-based texting app so that my employees are always connected no matter who's managing the shift.
ConsIt takes soooo slow to load sometimes. It used to have issues with group texting but they have fixed most of the bugs by now.
February 22, 2018
Information Services, Self-employed
September 12, 2018

“Cost Effective”

OverallI have used Line2 for several yrs due to the price but if I could find something in this price range, I would change due to the down time.
ProsThe price is the reason I choose it and stay with it.
ConsIt makes you dial numbers repeatedly to get the number to connect and it is down a lot.
September 12, 2018
Corinne B.
chair
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2018

“Nice option for an organization with a virtual office.”

OverallOverall, this software gets the job done for a decent price. My only complaint is that I have to click around more than I would prefer to get it set where I want for call flow.
ProsThis software is cheap and reliable. It does have several settings for customization of phone call flow. It does the job fine enough that I have go looking for a replacement.
ConsIt is a little hard to navigate. I find myself having to click around several places to end up where I want such as to change settings, etc. It doesn't work well on Chrome. Only can access some of the application.
August 22, 2018
Jose M.
Business Development Associate
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Amazing virtual phone”

ProsGreat option when you need a virtual phone, it allows you to call/text from the same app.
ConsWhen trying to call outside the US, it gives you some issues in regarding country code and area code.

By Line2 on March 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your Line2 review. We really appreciate it. ^MS
October 31, 2018
Jake P.
Retail, Self-employed
July 25, 2019

“Awesomeness ”

ProsThis software has great business features. Has an auto attendant feature that is fully customize-able and has a great after hours functionality.
ConsI do not like that they don't have a feature for hold music
July 25, 2019
Jay K.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2017

“Line2 Pro needs some re-work to make it more user friendly ”

OverallNeeds a little work, when you send bulk messages out it freezes your PC.
ProsStability of the software has been fairly good, some times it needs to be re-installed, and for the most part it's okay after.
ConsYou can't copy from the software, you can copy the text, and not the number you have sent the message to.
October 16, 2017
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
March 3, 2019

“Line 2 is very unreliable for business”

OverallCustomer service has been terrible. They do not answer the support number and the mail box is always full. Filling a report on their website has not fixed anything for the past 45 day.
ProsIt was reliable in the past and the price was OK. I guess you get what you pay for.
ConsFor the past month and a half the system has a 40 seconds delay before a caller hears the first ring. Most clients hang up before that time. I have lost a lot of business due to this .

By Line2 on March 14, 2019
We¿re sorry to see you had this experience. Please contact us at support@line2.com so we may assist you. We appreciate your patience. ^ MS
March 3, 2019
Dan V.
Senior Consultant
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2019

“Line2 - Not Worth It!”

OverallPoor experience - I would not use Line 2 again. I used them for over one year in the hopes that their support team would sort out the issues I was having but they never could. And the issues were too common place and constant that it ultimately hindered more than helped.
ProsEasy to use and access from any smart phone
ConsFunctionality. It looks great on paper and on your dashboard, but there are so many issues and problems with Line2 that it is not worth the effort to keep using it. I am a business owner and the number of dropped calls, clients who could not hear me when I called, bad connections and more really hampered more than helped.

By Line2 on March 14, 2019
We¿re sorry to see you had this experience. Please contact us at support@line2.com so we may assist you. We appreciate your patience. ^MS
February 11, 2019
March 22, 2018

“Line2 is a cheap and effective way for recruiters to contact applicants.”

ProsLine2 allows me to call and text all my potential applicants from a local number. They have many different plans that are well priced, and allow you to choose your best fit. I enjoyed having the app on my phone to keep in touch even after work hours.
ConsI wish there was a way to add contact info the same moment you write the message. I often lose messages in the app because I can only add in the name after the fact.
March 22, 2018
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 2, 2019

“Non-Existent Customer Service”

OverallHorrible! Used them for a year for my small business. They've stopped responding to my emails altogether.
ProsEasy to use; plug and play. Basically buy a line and use it with no waiting or set up.
ConsVery Glitchy; often bad connectivity and downtime

February 2, 2019
Delmy Zunilda M.
Customer Care
1001-5000 employees
May 6, 2018

“No voice gaps on call. Excellent connection”

OverallMakes my work easier every day
ProsEasy to use. User friendly interfase, can store contact profiles and a great BOIP connection. Easy to run
ConsCan t have more than three calls at the same time, and you need to hang up one to catch up another call
May 6, 2018
Megan E.
Therapist
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
April 5, 2019

“Just ok”

ProsLine 2 is easy and simple to set up and use
ConsCalls are glitchy sometimes. I've had issues with dropped calls.
April 5, 2019