Built for Teams Ratings

Overall

About Built for Teams

Built for Teams is an intuitive, cloud-based org chart tool that easily integrates with your core HR systems. Advanced features like scenario modeling, succession planning, and data visualizations go beyond the static org charts you're used to. Give your decision makers the ability to access key metrics and data at any time, and easily share or export the chart as needed. Try Built for Teams for free today or schedule a demo to learn more! Learn more about Built for Teams

Katie M.
HR & Marketing Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
September 14, 2018

“Great Customer Service”

OverallYou guys have done or worked with me to figure out the best solutions to my problem. I wish the software was more personalized or had the options to personalize more but you listen to your customers and I appreciate that.
ProsIts very simple and easy to use. Customer service is great and they always respond in a timely manner
ConsI'm not able to personalize per role. Like all level two managers see this, level one this, level three this. I would like to be able to personalize the calendar more as far as black out dates vs days we cant have any techs off but can still have office roles off. We are a body shop and only have fill ins for specific roles. I wish when I changed someones job title it automatically changed them to the group they are in. For example: If we have a DA Tech that moves to a team. I can select that he is moving to Reassembly Jr and the group i made would update his hrs to 10 hrs PTO time when requested, it would remove him from the DA Tech group he was in and add him to the Reassembly group, etc. It would make it a lot easier to sync everything to one.

By Built for Teams on September 17, 2018
Katie, we really appreciate your feedback. I know your organization has had some unique needs, based on the type of work you do and the way your organization is structured. We'll keep working with you to try to find ways to meet your unique needs!
September 14, 2018
Colin R.
Director of Operations
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2019

“Built For Teams brought order to our PTO policy chaos”

OverallWe're a small eCommerce company with a headcount of 15. When the team was smaller, paid time-off wasn't being tracked which led to concerns about abuse of the policy and a lack of transparency around who would be out of the office and when. It became necessary to put a tool in place to better handle PTO requests and tracking, but a traditional HRIS would have been overkill for a company our size. Built For Teams allowed me to implement a robust, yet easy-to-use system that didn't cause any headaches for employees and gave managers greater visibility over when each member of their team would be unavailable.
Pros- The UI incorporates best practices so very little training is needed to get new users comfortable with the system; the user experience is very logical. - The shared calendar can be set to allow employees and managers to view others' approved PTO dates to ensure adequate coverage before a new PTO request is made.
Cons- The system can be used to warehouse a lot of employee data that we don't keep in Built (tax info, direct deposit info, benefits data not related to PTO) and the inclusion of those fields can sometimes cause confusion for new employees.

By Built for Teams on March 27, 2019
Thanks a million for this detailed feedback, Colin! Knowing that our product is bringing some order to your PTO processes is great to hear. Thank you for the feedback regarding the additional, unneeded fields too. It's helpful to hear things like this and it definitely influences our product development roadmap going forward!
Lorrie H.
Head of People and Culture
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

“Just right fit”

OverallPrior to Built for Teams, we used shared google docs, various spreadsheets and random conversations to keep track of our hiring progress. BfT has been a great place to hold all of our hiring data all in one place. We can easily move candidates from one job to another, as well as have access to historic applications. The customer service for this software is outstanding, and if we've ever had an issue, question or need, they are quick to respond and solve any problems, even if it meant re-writing some of the software. Outstanding!
ProsThe Built for Teams platform is exactly the right size and fit for our current stage of development; it allows for multiple users, clear communication between hiring team members, and clear progression through our outlined process.
ConsThe only feature that I could remotely describe as liking least is that I'd like a better way to move jobs around in the archive, so that current jobs are on top.

By Built for Teams on September 4, 2018
Wow, thanks for the stellar review! We consider ourselves lucky to have had you for a customer these several years and it's great to read that you feel the same. Thank you also for the feedback on improving the ability to reorder job postings. We'll get to work on making that easier to do!
Haley S.
Human Resources
March 22, 2019

“It's exactly what we needed! ”

OverallAs the administrator for PTO and Payroll, this software has really made my life easier. It's so easy to track everyone's PTO - and to have multiple policies! We had to grandfather a few employees on the older PTO plan when the company moved to accrual, and it was extremely easy to do so. The employees are able to visually see when they've taken off in the past, in case they couldn't remember. All in all, very happy!
ProsI liked that the software itself was very easy to learn for the administrator and user side. There are several reporting functionalities as well. If there was anything I had a question about, or if there was anything additionally needed from the software, the support team was always very willing to help accomplish those tasks!
ConsIt only recorded in half hour increments. I've had a few employees inquire about 15 minute increments, but this isn't a huge problem.

By Built for Teams on April 1, 2019
Thanks so much, Haley, for sharing your feedback about using Built for Teams. We've loved having you and your company as our customers all this time! We're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you!
SHANNON D.
Secretary/Treasurer/Payroll
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2018

“Built for Teams is the BEST PTO tracking website”

OverallWe were searching for software/a website that would enable us to keep PTO updated and accurate (we do not have many hourly employees and most other websites/software include hours worked, not just PTO). Built for Teams has enabled us to do this with ease. Employees are able to login and request for time off and supervisors are then able to go in and either approve or deny the request. Payroll is then able to run reports based on date and have easy access to who used what PTO during a pay period and then enter it into our accounting software to double check that the remaining hours for each employee are accurate. Built for Teams has been a huge asset to tracking PTO in our company! Also, the team behind Built for Teams is VERY responsive to and questions that we have had. They are quick to respond and very helpful!
ProsThe best part of Built for Teams is the ease of use and that it ONLY tracks PTO, not hours worked by employees.
ConsNothing....it's great! I can't say anything negative about this product

By Built for Teams on September 6, 2018
Thank you for the kind words, Shannon! You've been a fantastic customer and we love working with you. We recognize that some companies want to track hours worked PLUS time off, and other companies like yours only want to track time off. So, we've made Built for Teams ultra flexible to support both scenarios! If at any point in time you do need to start tracking hours worked just let us know and we can help you upgrade to our timesheet feature. Thanks again!
September 5, 2018
Laura S.
Head of School
August 30, 2018

“Great way to manage PTO!”

ProsAs a school, we struggled for years to accurately manage and track the many, many requests for personal, professional, or sick time. Built for Teams was game-changing for us--for the teachers making the requests, for the administrators approving the requests, and for the HR and accounts managers reconciling PTO at the end of each year. It's effortlessly effective.
ConsI wish we could program BFT to automatically notify our HR manager upon each approval.

By Built for Teams on August 31, 2018
Laura, you've been a customer for years now, and for that we thank you! We do have a feature that allows notifications of approved time off. I'll reach out to you directly to help you set that up. Thank you so much for being our customer and for posting this review!
August 30, 2018
Bea S.
Accounts Manager
March 21, 2017

“Rawson Saunders review”

OverallOverall we are satisfied. I think we used to be able to pull a report on terminated employees but that's not an option anymore. It would be useful. Also we find it hard to keep track of employees rolling over PTO year after year (eligible for up to 3 days per year, up to 10 days) - it's just confusing and some kind of tool that could help us with tracking that would be amazing. We also have part time employees with different eligibility and it would be nice to be able to set the roll-over rate individually vs. the same number being applicable to all and then we have to go in and change it for the PT employees. Email customer service is quick and good. Thanks.
ProsEasy, straight forward, clean interface, good email support.
ConsSee previous page.
Recommendations to other buyersSee previous page.

By Built for Teams on March 21, 2017
Thanks for the review and the feedback! We do still offer the ability to view terminated employees. We'll reach out to you via email to show you how this work as well as to show you how to manage rollover. I think we can help resolve these concerns for you; thank you for bringing them to our attention!
March 21, 2017
Adrienne A.
Academic Language Therapist

“Ease of Use”

OverallBuilt For Teams allows us to be able to submit time off "at our leisure," have our supervisor review the time off and approve it "at their leisure" and is then prompt to let us know that our time off has been approved. It is much easier and more efficient than other software programs I have used.
ProsThe software is extremely easy to use. With a few simple clicks, someone can complete the process of taking requested time off.
ConsThere is anything I can think of that I don't like about the software.

By Built for Teams on August 31, 2018
We appreciate the review, Adrienne! You've been a customer for several years now so it's great to read that you're still so happy with our product after all this time. We love having happy customers!
John G.
Executive Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2019

“Highly Satisfied”

OverallSimplified our process for scheduling and tracking employee time away.
ProsEase of use for scheduling and tracking employee time away.
ConsMinor inability for employees to cancel scheduled time away after it has already been approved.

By Built for Teams on March 5, 2019
Hi John! Thanks for this kind review. It's great to see that "ease of use" is a major pro of using our system. We like hearing that! Regarding employees canceling approved time off, we actually do have a setting that allows you to enable that. Some customers want to allow it, some don't, so we support both! If you'll reply to this message we'll help you get that setting changed if you'd like.
February 27, 2019
Nicole P.
Marketing Director
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 7, 2018

“Built for Managers”

OverallBuilt for Teams has helped me manage my own, plus my team's schedules. It's super easy to make adjustments to requests and have everything re-calibrate. Previously, i was managing vacation and sick time through my inbox and Excel so when it came time for me to report it took time. Now I don't need to even report - the information is already there for Management and HR to view any time.
ProsIt's very easy for me to manage my team's vacation and sick time in Built. The calendar view for the entire company is also a huge plus, especially near the holidays and Summer when many people are out - it helps build my expectations for response :)
ConsNothing that stands out as a big con but it would be nice to have the ability to build different views. Maybe this is possible if you are the admin, not sure.

By Built for Teams on September 10, 2018
It's great to hear that our product is making your life easier, Nicole! That's our goal and we're working hard to continue to improve our product all the time. Thank you for being our customer!
September 7, 2018
India W.
Co-Owner
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“Happy with the program”

ProsThis is a great software to keep up with important employee information & time taken off using PTO Very user friendly, easy to navigate around site, not much I have found that has caused us any issues ~
ConsI haven't found any thing I haven't liked about this system ~

By Built for Teams on March 25, 2019
Thanks, India! We really appreciate having you as our customer and knowing that you are enjoying Built for Teams so much. We definitely aim to make our product the absolute best in terms of ease of use, so this feedback is very encouraging.
Jeremy D.
Creative Director/Partner
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2019

“Great for small business”

OverallI have a small business with 6 employees. Just easy to track for us and our staff. Worth the small expense.
ProsIt's super simple. When we hire a new employee, I have them fill out their entire profile so not only is it easy to track PTO and sick days, but all the HR info is in one place. Simple.
ConsThis may be possible, but I have not figured out how to sync the built for teams calendar to our fast mail calendar (Apple calendar synced). Would love it if it were connected.

By Built for Teams on February 28, 2019
Glad to hear we're helping you run your business, Jeremy! I just did some research on FastMail and according to their online documentation, it appears that they don't support the industry-standard iCal protocol. That's unfortunate! It might be worth reaching out to them to suggest that they put that on their product roadmap. This might be the first calendar product I've come across that doesn't support iCal so I would think they'd want to do that!
Chris S.
Product Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
December 27, 2018

“A functional affordable HR application”

OverallWe started using built for teams to track PTO, coming from a process of email and spreadsheets. It has allowed us to better track and oversee PTO as an organization.
Pros- Easy to use - Able to quickly review my teams PTO at a glance - Email notifications are great
Cons- Have to create multiple entries when you have an interrupted span of days off to request - Days off are requested in hours which can be confusing to new users

By Built for Teams on December 28, 2018
Thank you, Chris, for the review! I'd love to hear more about how you think the system should work when taking time off that isn't consecutive days, i.e. you take some days off, work a few days, then take more days off. It seems like those *should* be separate requests but I'd love to hear more about what you think. Account balances can be viewed in days or hours. When submitting a request, though, the system does calculate how many hours that request will use. This is critical to having a system that is both highly accurate and highly flexible. I think there are a few products on the market that do everything in days, but those systems are extremely inflexible in terms of what they can support. We've opted for the more robust, more accurate approach!
December 27, 2018
Kayla P.
Regional Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“BFT Review”

OverallI enjoy the software for the most part but I wish these changes would be made.
ProsThe easy functionality for our employees. They are able to log-in and request time off/put in for sick time, etc. It is helpful because it isn't something I have to manually enter anymore.
ConsI dislike the request process. I would prefer that it would allow you to go down to the minute so it's easier tracked. I would also prefer it had the option to mark for tardiness. I use the unpaid tab for that but you have to modify the balance every time. I also dislike that you cannot modify something once it's put in/date passed. I shouldn't have to e-mail for adjustments - I should be able to change them as I'm the admin.

By Built for Teams on September 26, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, Kayla! First, I have great news that we just added support for by-the-minute requests. We'll reach out to you to show you how to enable that new setting! Second, we're also working on improving the process for modifying historical data. We should have some updates in the near future that will help make that process easier. Thanks for being our customer!
Jeffrey K.
Co-Founder & COO / Managing Broker
Real Estate, Unspecified
December 20, 2017

“Excellent PTO Tracking for Mid-Size Business”

ProsExcellent value. It is very easy to use. Intuitive interface. PTO tracking allows full customization of policies and multiple policies based on length of service or employee classification. Has enough capabilities to grow with our organization.
ConsWish it had employee time tracking. Additionally, I wish it were easier to move between active and former employees. It would make sense to have a drop down with employee status rather than a multi-step filter.

By Built for Teams on December 21, 2017
Jeffrey, thank you for the great feedback. Good news that we are close to releasing a time tracking feature! And we'll work on making it easier to move between active and former employees. Great suggestions!
Tracy J.
Director, Business Operations and Compliance
Online Media, 11-50 employees
February 21, 2019

“PTO Tracking at it's best!”

OverallTracking employees time off, coverage with the calendar
ProsThis software is very user friendly, and is very helpful with reporting totals at the end of the month. Great Place to store reviews and other HR documents.
ConsI would like for employees to be able to choose hourly vs only 4hr increments.

By Built for Teams on February 25, 2019
Thanks, Tracy, for taking time to review Built for Teams and provide us with this feedback. We're very happy to see that our product is working so well for you! We do have a setting that allows you to determine how specific employees can be in using their time off; we can even support time off by the single minute if necessary! If you have any questions about how to use this setting just let us know.
February 21, 2019
Dale M.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“BFT review”

OverallBuilt for Teams allows us to track our PTO and not rely on a manual process to track carryover vacation. It's been helpful with document compliance for our quarterly safety and HR topics as well.
ProsPTO request and tracking and the ability to approve via email.
ConsCounts hours for salaried PTO not days. Since our weekend hours are shortened it can cause overages in PTO.

By Built for Teams on December 26, 2018
Dale, it's great to hear that Built for Teams is helping to streamline things for your company! For the weekends, where your hours are shortened, the system will allow you to set up schedules that account for those shorter days so that PTO time is still exact and accurate. If we can help you with setting that up just reply to this and we'll be happy to do so!
Zil S.
Accounting Manager
Events Services, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“Good Value for your money but bery basic”

OverallBuilt for teams is helping our team submit PTO requests. Its a simple and well laid out product but doesn't have many bells and whistles. It is a good product for the cost.
ProsThe Software is easy to use and visually appealing. It gives just the basics.
ConsIt does not provide much functionality for rolling over excess PTO to be used in another year or other more complex situations that may arise regarding benefits.

By Built for Teams on October 3, 2018
Zil, thanks for your review! Built for Teams actually does support rolling over excess PTO from year to year. Can we help you get that policy setting configured? And if there are any other complex situations you'd like to address let's discuss those. Our product is quite flexible!
Jason D.
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Built For Teams”

OverallWe now have a consolidated calendar showing time off for all of our locations which has been a huge benefit as we continue to add members to our team.
ProsWeekly reminders for upcoming PTO or schedule items.
ConsThe non-pto time off requests seem to be confusing for our employees. We are still working through how to do that on our end, so it may not be a software issue.

By Built for Teams on September 4, 2018
Thanks for being our customer and posting a review. We'll reach out to you to talk through the unpaid time off to help make sure your employees understand it!
Jenni P.
CFO
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Great PTO Tracker!”

OverallWe have full time PTO tracking with our employees. We can look back at time used and decide if our PTO benefit package is working for our employees or if we need to adjust it. It's very handy and simple.
ProsWe use Built for Teams solely for its PTO tracking. Our employees all use it, which says a lot about the ease of use. It creates quick reports and it is easy to get someone on boarded. No complaints - it's a great value, even though we don't use the full spectrum of services.
ConsIt would be nice to customize the reporting.

By Built for Teams on March 27, 2019
Thanks, Jenni! You've been a customer for quite a while so it means a lot to hear that you and your employees are still loving our product after all this time. Your feedback about custom reports is spot on and we're actually working on some new enhancements to make our existing reporting tools even more powerful. Thank you for being our customer!
Sharon B.
Unit director
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2019

“Awesome”

ProsAccesibility is absolutely the best . Use it daily
ConsPutting my information in twice is not good.

By Built for Teams on March 4, 2019
Hello, Sharon! Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you find Built for Teams so easy to use. I have a follow up question for you though on your comment regarding "putting your information in twice." Built for Teams doesn't require you to do this, so is this comment in reference to something that you organization requires of you, such as also entering your time off into some other system? If so, I'd love to have you update your review accordingly just so that future customers who read it don't mistakenly think our product requires double data entry! Would you mind doing that?
February 26, 2019
Candy V.
Office Administrator
Semiconductors, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2018

“Very Useful”

OverallI've been managing BTF for my company for about 2 yrs now. At first it felt a bit overwhelming but once I started using more often, I no longer feel that way. Any time I have a question or issue, customer support is quick to reply and takes care of those issues. I never feel hesitant to email them because reps have always been friendly and helpful.
ProsLots of options, customer service replies quickly, easy to learn to use
ConsWhile professional looking, the look of the website is a bit dull.

By Built for Teams on September 5, 2018
Thanks for this helpful feedback, Candy! Regarding the look of the product, we'll admit we're minimalists and fans of keeping the design basic so that it doesn't interfere with ease of use. But, it's helpful to know that you wish it was a bit more exciting! We'll take that feedback to heart! Thanks for being such a great customer these several years. We'll keep doing our very best to support you and to make sure our product is making your life easier.
September 4, 2018
Dan R.
Vice President Operations
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2019

“Easy to use - and getting better!”

OverallWe have better communications on people's PTO time usage between management and bookkeeping. That alone is worth the cost of what it can do. But it also prevents confusion amongst our staff and who is going to be taking time off when.
ProsIf you are lookingfor software that's easy to use and helps you to manage your people's time, builtforteams is a great product. We are currently using it to manage our people's PTO time and our hourly employees timesheets.
Conson occasion, it's hard to find the right location to change a little information. But customer service is always on top of any request and it doesn't take long to get it resolved.

By Built for Teams on July 29, 2019
Dan, we're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you and your employees! Thank you for being our customer and for taking time to share your experience using our product.
July 25, 2019
Jake R.
Area President
Insurance, 11-50 employees

Overalltime tracking is great
Prosease of use & cost. Also like the ability to view reports.
ConsAbility to edit if a mistake was made. It would be nice to have 10 minutes or so to edit.

By Built for Teams on September 11, 2018
Thanks, Jake! Glad to hear our product works so well for your company. Regarding the ability to edit mistakes, do you mind responding and giving us a bit more detail about that? We really value your feedback and would like to make sure we know how we can improve things for you!
Brian H.
Director of Administration
June 20, 2018

“Keeping track of leave for 40 employees in this program is so much easier than doing it by hand. ”

ProsEase of use by employee and supervisor. The ability to quickly see and approve leave requests. The system is completely paperless.
ConsThe employee can't easily print out/access a report of his time taken. He can easily see what is left and what the screen shows but he can't print his history.

By Built for Teams on June 21, 2018
Thanks for leaving this great review, Brian! It's always helpful to hear what is working well and what we can improve on. Your employees do have the ability to view their complete history, which shows every transaction (even for past years). It sounds like it would be helpful for you if we made the transaction history easier to print, though. Is that correct? I'll have our customer support team reach out to you to discuss this further. We want to make sure your employees are taken care of!
June 20, 2018
Lorrie H.
People and Culture
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
June 16, 2017

“Built for Teams has been an excellent partner that has helped us with organizing all of our HR data.”

OverallEase of use for both administrators and employees, and fluid and easily accessible place for important information such as PTO and recruiting.
ProsThe software itself is a just right fit. We don't have loads of features that we don't need or use. It is simple and powerful, and that makes it easy for our employees to use regularly, which is the only way a system can really be successful within an organization.
June 16, 2017
Kayla S.
Logistics Support
April 23, 2019

“Logistics Support”

Prosit is easy to login and see all of my information without having to search for what i want
Consi am fairly satisfied with the software. i had an issue with it freezing up, but come to find out it was my computer itself, not the website.

By Built for Teams on April 29, 2019
Thanks for the review, Kayla! Happy to hear you've had no problems with our product (and that the one issue turned out to be your own computer).
April 23, 2019
Isaac E.
Account Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“Excellent overall ”

OverallI like the fact that i can see other employees time off so I KNOW when i can take time off and others can see when i'm off.
ProsMostly i like the overview of my account like PTO, my calendar as well as the Directory.
ConsI would say i least like that when on PTO how many hours i have remaining for the year, and when it says " Based on your current balance and any approved future requests, you are scheduled to earn the below amount by the end of this year. If your account reaches the maximum allowed balance, this amount will be recalculated as you schedule and use additional time off". so whats a year? calendar year or when i started ?

By Built for Teams on April 1, 2019
Isaac, we're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you! This is great feedback. To answer your question, the "year" depends on how your account administrator has set up your company's policies. You can easily tell by looking at your PTO account and noting the date range for the policy. It will most likely either say "Jan 1, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019" if it's the calendar year, or it'll show your hire date through the next year if based on hire date. If you have any other questions just let us know!
Julie B.
Assistant Head of School
March 19, 2019

“Great for tracking PTO at our school”

OverallSoftware is so easy to use that we rarely interact with support. When we do, they react almost instantaneously. Experience has been very positive for us.
ProsEase of set up, training and use. I like the weekly reports that I get that remind me of upcoming dates, PTO requests, etc.
ConsCould use a little more robust reporting function but overall, it works fine and meet our needs.

By Built for Teams on March 20, 2019
Thanks, Julie! Sounds like things are going well using our product, which is so good to hear. We do have some updates to our reporting features in the works too!
March 19, 2019
Emily M.
HR Director
December 10, 2018

“Built for Teams is a great tool!”

OverallWhen we switched from Paycor in the beginning of the year, balances were way off and employees had lost trust in the process. Now, employees know how much PTO they have and trust the HR team to keep everything accurate.
ProsEase of use on employer and employee side. Balances are accurate.
ConsThe org chart feature doesn't work well for us.

By Built for Teams on December 11, 2018
Emily, I'm happy to read that we've been able to help employees trust your HR team again! Accuracy is critical to us and we've gone to extensive measures to make sure our product is accurate even in "edge case" scenarios that cause problems in other systems. I would love to talk more about the org chart feedback you posted. Do you mind telling me a bit more about what it is that isn't working well for you in that area of the product?
December 10, 2018
Aili F.
Senior Accountant
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“Built Review - Aili ”

ProsA ready straight forward software to request, approve and review PTOs. I like the calendar version that everyone at the company can see others PTO plan to arrange meetings ahead. Built client service is really timely and helpful!
ConsSo far I haven't seen things which I don't like.

By Built for Teams on August 31, 2018
Aili, we've loved having you and your company as our customers! You've been fantastic to work with, so thank you. We're always open to your feedback and suggestions so if there is anything we can do please let us know! Thank you for the review.
BJ O.
Reseller
Computer Software, Unspecified
December 20, 2017

“Experience with both the product and customer services has been wonderful. ”

ProsEase of use and features. Built for teams has been easy to work with. They also have great customer support in providing us with both direction and implementation assistance.
ConsLack of API or integration has been a challenge to allow integration with some of the leading ERP systems that we support.

By Built for Teams on December 21, 2017
BJ, thank you for leaving a review and letting us know how important an API is to you. It's high on our todo list so we'll be sure to reach out to you as soon as we get the first version released. Thank you for being so patient!
Bryan L.
Chief Operating Officer
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
March 16, 2017

“Great Software”

OverallI've been using this software for about two years now. My team has grown about three-fold and BFT has allowed to streamline the on-boarding process.
ProsThe ability to fill forms online and keep employee files organized.
ConsIntegration with other software is limited

By Built for Teams on March 16, 2017
Bryan, thanks for the review and the feedback. We definitely agree that we need more software integrations. We're currently working on integrations with both Xero and Slack, and have a long list of other requested integrations that we'll be working on in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and patience as we continue to improve Built for Teams!
March 16, 2017
Tomeka C.
Accounting
Accounting, 51-200 employees

“PTO”

ProsVery easy to use and my manager approves my time
Conssoftware is slow sometimes, maybe my computer system?

By Built for Teams on December 7, 2018
Tomeka, we appreciate you making time to review Built for Teams. It's always helpful to hear what customers think and to find out what we're doing well and where we could improve. It's definitely possible that your computer could be causing the slowness, but it's good for us to see if there are ways we can speed things up for you too. As you use the product over the next week or so, do you mind making a note as to whether it's a certain page that is slow? Or does it just seem slow everywhere? We're happy to look into it more for you. We're always working on performance enhancements!
Ashley C.
Exec Director HR & OPs
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

“Built for Teams”

ProsPTO tracker, anniversary dates, org chart
ConsNo tracking for training, PTO request email notifications cannot be turned off

By Built for Teams on September 19, 2018
Ashley, thank you for being our customer and for posting a review of Built for Teams. I'd love to get a bit more info regarding how you'd envision "tracking for training" working. Regarding PTO request email notifications, those seem like a pretty critical part of the request/approval process. It would help to understand how you'd use the system if those email notifications were turned off.
Elizabeth C.
Teacher
April 7, 2018

“Easy and convenient to use. Very user friendly and intuitive. ”

ProsThe software is easy to use and it is intuitive for someone who doesn't use the software often. Meaning that it is still easy to find what you are looking for - you don't have to memorize a process....just the name.
ConsThe times to select for when we will be out; they are not conducive to a school schedule. The hours represent an office style job for an 8am to 5pm and are only in half an hour increments. If it were possible to change these per account, schools need a little more flexibility because otherwise teachers are taking out a little more time from their personal days.

By Built for Teams on April 11, 2018
Hi Elizabeth, and thanks for the review! I'm so glad to hear Built for Teams is working well for you. Regarding your question about the times of day and schedules, I have great news...you can indeed change the scheduled hours to better accommodate your actual daily schedules. I'll have our support team reach out to your account administrator to make sure they know how to make that change. Thanks for bringing this to our attention so that we can help your organization better configure your account!
April 7, 2018
Andrew F.
Counseling Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
February 24, 2019

“Very User-Friendly”

OverallOverall, software is extremely simple and has removed my need to ask our office manager regularly for time-off status.
ProsIt's extremely easy to see how much time off I've had in different areas (sick, vacation, work trips away from the office) and to request time off in those different categories.
ConsI could be wrong about this and just missing it, but I don't believe I can see in each category, how many days I have requested but that have yet to be approved. So, sometimes I look at my balance and wonder if it includes pending requests.

By Built for Teams on March 4, 2019
Andrew, thank you for being our customer and for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review of Built for Teams. Customer feedback is so important to us! The 'Current Requests' section shows all pending requests and the status of them, but we don't total up those which are pending but not approved (because it's usually just one or two requests at most, we've found). But that's a great question and something we'll review as a team to see if we can improve how that works! Thanks for the input!
February 24, 2019
Shelly D.
Accounting/HR Generalist
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2019

“Love this product!!”

OverallI have over 60 employees who I had to train on how to use this software and use it on a weekly basis to keep track of PTO time.
ProsThis is the easiest software to use-very user friendly and easy to teach people how to use. Keep accurate track of time off.
ConsThere is nothing that I do not like. This software is super easy to use and very self explanatory.

By Built for Teams on September 9, 2019
Thanks so much for this review, Shelly! We really appreciate having you and your company as our customers these several years. It's been so great to work with all of you, and we're very happy to know that you find Built for Teams to be so easy to use and so accurate! Thanks for sharing your experience!
September 5, 2019
Pauline D.
HR Assistant
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
December 31, 2018

“User Friendly”

ProsBuilt for Teams is very easy to use, as an HR partner for my company - it is super beneficial to have a system that decreases the amount of management I am expected to do.
ConsNot a con - but I would like to see more features in the future to better help businesses.

By Built for Teams on January 3, 2019
Pauline, this is great to hear! Thanks for the review. If we can save you time then we're achieving what we set out to do! I'd love to hear more about any additional features you'd like to use, whether those are features we already have that you aren't yet using or new ideas for features we could add!
December 31, 2018
Sara H.
Vice President
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
December 21, 2018

“Vice President Human Resources”

OverallThis tool is valuable to track employee time out of the office, how much they have used and how much they have remaining. It denies overages making the system the "bad guy" not the boss.
ProsThe ease to add or remove new employees.
ConsLack of ability to recapture PTO time used when the employee hits a reset.

By Built for Teams on December 26, 2018
Hi Sara, and thanks for being our customer! This feedback is very helpful and I'm happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you. I'd love to learn more about your comment regarding "recapturing PTO time used"; do you mind replying to this messaging and explaining that a bit further? We love hearing suggestions from customers!
Jenna S.
Director Of Finance And Operations
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2018

“Best PTO Platform Out There!”

OverallI've used many PTO management software, and Built for Teams by far surpasses all of them.
ProsEase of use for admins, ease of use for employees.
ConsNot a big fan of the layout of the org chart. Would like to be able to customize the layout.

By Built for Teams on October 1, 2018
Jenna, thank you for taking time to post a review for us. This feedback is really helpful! I'd love to get your input on how we can improve the org chart layout. Mind sharing your ideas with us on that?
September 28, 2018
sandra e.
professional recruiter
Human Resources, 51-200 employees

“Staffing Specifix”

OverallIt has been a great experience using this software
ProsWhat I enjoy the most about this software is that it is very user-friendly. The navigation process is very simple .
ConsCan't think of any.

By Built for Teams on September 21, 2018
Thank you, Sandra!
Eric H.
IT Specialist
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
March 15, 2018

“A management nightmare resolved!”

OverallConsolidation of PTO request across multiple International offices.
ProsBuilt for Teams is a feature rich solution that. Managing PTO request across multiple office Internationally has been a difficult challenge. The sales team was very responsive to our request and needs and found a way to make our different situation work. The deployment was smooth, with the support team staying close during the entire process. Fast response times, and frequent check-ins during the process. Feature rich solution with all and more than we needed.
ConsIt would be nice to have better filtering options on the Directory and People tabs. Its not really a con, but more of a feature request.

By Built for Teams on April 4, 2018
We're happy to hear our product is working so well for you, Eric! And great suggestion regarding filtering. We'll work on improving our filtering options on those two pages. Thank you for taking time to post a review and to share your experience using our product.
March 15, 2018
patricia g.
customer service manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

“Good system”

OverallI like the system very much no complaints
Prosit is very user friendly. My employees find it user friendly as well
ConsIt is pretty easy to use so really nothing

By Built for Teams on December 7, 2018
Hello, Patricia! We're very happy to know that Built for Teams feels so user friendly to you and to your employees. We're always here to listen if you have any further feedback at any point in the future. Thank you for being our customer!
Tim G.
Managing Partner
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

“Managing Partner”

OverallVery personable and client focused.
ProsBFT has mapped out all of the functionality of a PTO/Tracking system. And, they have easy admin config options for our team.
ConsOccasional struggles synching consistently with Outlook. But, they have a fix for it.

By Built for Teams on September 11, 2018
Thanks, Tim, for the great review. You've been a great customer and we very much appreciate your business!
Laura C.
SVP
Market Research, 11-50 employees

“Easy to use”

ProsIt is pretty intuitive, so virtually no ramp up time (I am not in HR, so I'm not doing anything really complex). I work for a small company, and we wanted a calendar that not only showed who is on PTO, but also if people are traveling for business or working off-site. We were able to set up some custom PTO buckets for that purpose - so not really PTO and not debiting from our earned PTO. And now when you look at the Built calendar, it nicely shows where everyone is.
ConsI don't have any cons, based on what we use it for (PTO and travel tracking).

By Built for Teams on March 22, 2019
Laura, we really appreciate this feedback! Thanks for using our product and for taking the time to share your experience.
Kim H.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Simplified Employee Information ”

OverallIn the past, since we are a small office, we maintained PTO and other benefits in a spreadsheet. Employees provided a sheet requesting dates off. Now that everything is automated we don't have the issue of missed reporting. Well worth the cost.
ProsIt's great in that once I enter Employee's information I don't have to worry about missing insurance or 401(k) entry dates as it reminds me. In addition, we don't miss upcoming birthdays or employee anniversaries.
ConsHad a little trouble with PTO adjustments mid year, but support helped work out issues

By Built for Teams on February 26, 2019
Thanks for the review, Kim. We really appreciate your business and are happy to hear that Built for Teams is saving you time and helping you keep employee information accurate!
Sandiana S.
Sourcing Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 employees
December 26, 2018

“Great Softwear for PTO tracking”

ProsUser friendly and very efficient. I love that it is web-based and I can get into this from any where.
ConsI have direct reports and I need to go to "organization" part before I'm able to check everyone's available PTO. There's no quick step to go to one personnel's PTO page.

By Built for Teams on December 27, 2018
Sandiana, thanks so much for the review! We do have a way to go directly to a person's profile instead of first going to the org chart: At the upper right of every page there is a search box where you can type an employee's name (even just the first few characters) and then jump directly to that person's page. Also, when you're viewing the profile of any of your direct reports you'll see two arrows at the upper right side of their profile. Those arrows, when clicked, will take you to the previous or next employee in the list so that you can essentially "scroll" through each employee profile. If you have any other questions about that just respond here and we'll be happy to help!
December 26, 2018
Bill B.
Accountant
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“Great Service With Zero Issues!”

OverallWe have saved time and money while making our PTO/sick time processes and policies easier, more efficient, and more clear.
ProsThe software is extremely easy to use and configure. The customer support has been very helpful with the few problems we have had. It has taken what was a cobbled together system of paper forms and spreadsheets and streamlined at a very reasonable price - the value proposition has been attractive to say the least.
ConsI have no complaints at the present time, although it would be nice to be able to further customize the time off categories/add more, as well as automate more of the year end processes we have.

By Built for Teams on September 26, 2018
Hello, Bill! Thanks for being a customer and for posting a review. Your feedback is so helpful. In terms of customizing your time off categories and adding more, we'd be happy to help you do that. Do you mind replying and letting us know a few more details? Thanks!
KRISTAN P.
Accounts payable
September 18, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsI like that it is easy for me to review my past pto and future. A new feature I like is my future approves pto is reflected in the hours I have left.
ConsHonestly, I liked everything. I wouldnt change anything.

By Built for Teams on September 20, 2018
Thank you so much, Kristan! We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the recent update and finding it helpful.
September 18, 2018