PixTeller Ratings

Overall

About PixTeller

A graphic design platform for social media marketing designs. Learn more about PixTeller

Andrew F.
Internet, Self-employed

“Highly Versatile”

OverallPixTeller has made the graphic design portion of my website building business much easier. I'm no artist, so I need all the help I can get.
ProsPixTeller does it's job as a graphic design package for web projects very well. One can get just about everything needed for small to medium website projects right in there. It's not PhotoShop, but who needs to learn that monster if they don't need to? PixTeller is drag-and-drop easy to use. In fact, I use it for all kinds of design projects. I just helped my son with a school project and PixTeller was my go-to. I love this software. It does what I need it to do.
ConsSome of the settings, particularly as one gets into the more fine-grained can be a bit clumsy. However, the depth of the functionality helps one get past this.

By PixTeller on September 18, 2019
Thank you Andrew for your review. We're happy to see you find PixTeller so useful, even for school projects.
Jacki F.
Artist/
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed

“PixTeller Rocks ”

OverallOverall I am extremely happy with Pixteller and use it for a range of social media posts and print options. There are a range of format options available or custom formatting is also available. Definitely Pixteller is right up there alongside other well known image editing software. It is my preferred software for SM posts.
ProsI love the selection of free images and illustrations. Also love the range of tools available for editing and layering images, overlaying and manipulating text. There are a good range of available fonts and font tools. I like being able to upload my own images, save images to a folder for use later, have images I have edited on file, option to set private or public, and to scale images at different sizes and download in png, jpeg or pdf for still images. PixTeller now also has a feature to animate the still image by layers. I also like the fact that when the image is saved and downloaded it does so in a new tab so any more edits to that image can be done in the previous tab and saved again.
ConsI find the animation feature is not so simple to use and still has a long way to go in terms of UX. I wish the border and shadow tool were a little more sophisticated and able to be layered... Also must remember to rename new edits of the same image or latest edit will replace previous image in saved file gallery.

By PixTeller on April 17, 2019
Thank you Jacky for this detailed review. I'm really happy that you use all that PixTeller has to offer, including animations. The animation editor is very similar the the late Adobe Flash, so we designed it in much the same way. Having layers and creating motion in a timeline, the editor and menu area are limited. It can be improved, like everything else, but right now our focus is on different things. And if you need assistance on how to use the animation mode, have a look on our blog or just contact us directly. For the border issue, we know about it, it is a limitation of the canvas display, so we have to emulate it. We might be able to fix it in future update. Regarding the file name, it can be caused by how you start a design. USE clones the design and on save you can keep the same name or have a new one. EDIT just edits the design and on save overwrites it.
Bettie S.
Business co-owner
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
May 5, 2019

“Awesome product! Amazing features at amazing price. Compared others - Pixteller is best! ”

OverallWe looked for a graphic design and editing tool for our new business which had to be easy to use for all of the team as we don't have graphic design expertise or experience. Right off the bat we were able to utilise it for all of our business branding (logo design and re-designs, website and social media platform imagery) as well as for customers needs. Our customers are so happy with what has been produced for them and the best is that we can keep the cost of images in their affordability range, which has increased our competitiveness in the market!
ProsEase of use, no need to watch or flip through tutorials. Functionality is amazing! Choice of images in image library gets bigger and bigger, and quality is excellent.
ConsPre-view size for library images is too small. Search function for shapes often bring up irrelevant shapes - needs better labelling.

By PixTeller on May 10, 2019
Thank you Bettie for the feedback. I'm really glad to see that we manage to help your business and your clients. This is one of the purposes of PixTeller. We will have a look at the Shapes search function and see if we can somehow improve it and get more relevant results.
May 5, 2019
Spoorthy A.
Designer
Design, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“Amazing tool to make poster and animations ”

OverallThis is a great software to make posters and social media graphics, I definitely recommend it to others, there are many advance features than canva.
ProsBy far the best tool to make posters for your social media and blog posts. With thousands of templates and stock photography available to create graphics and poster. Bought the lifetime pro account at a very reasonable price which is just a great thing, but now they a higher pricing plan and pro users are left behind, with watermarks to render animations. If making poster the only thing you want pro plan works perfectly, if you need animations you need to get diamond plan.
ConsThere is no mobile app it been almost an year I have been waiting for it, There are lot of templates which are the same, I hope they take care of it eliminating those duplicates or just add templates created by their team.
April 17, 2019
Meagan R.
Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Pix Teller is fool-proof ”

OverallI used Pixteller to create my nonprofit organization logo. I love just how easy and fast it is to create professional designs from its free-to-use gadgets.
ProsPixteller is very easy to use, and the quality of the designs are perfect.
ConsI don't like having my designs made public, but Pixteller charges for privacy mode.

By PixTeller on September 13, 2019
Thank you, Meagan, for the review. Regarding the privacy part, it is not possible for your designs marked as Public to be found via search engines or any other way. They can, however, be viewed if you share the design URL. But not otherwise.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“Great Value, Simple to Use”

OverallI use Pixteller on a daily basis for our social media posts - Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. I have even used it to make icons and images for our website. They have a library of stock images built into the app, which is useful. There are many shortcuts, features and organization that have been added over the 2 years I have used the platform. They are continually updating and making it more powerful and user friendly.
ProsPixteller is extremely easy to learn for anyone with or without a digital design background.
ConsThere is not much to complain about - but if I had to pick one... the pre-made templates are not great compared to other apps, like Canva. Although there are several to chose from, the design is not very modern. I wish the templates were more usable, it would save more time.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
We made an update recently so the templates are now reorganized and relevant to their category. We will also create more of them in time.
Razvan R.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
May 4, 2019

“The best tool i ever used”

OverallI have all the banners i need in cloud and it speeds up my workflow. Plus i can generate short videos for my facebook campaigns and the CTR is far bigger than a usual static image.
ProsWhat i like most is that i can create small videos very easy in browser. They have a very large library of banners and this is very important for me. I can choose a template and in a few clicks i can create my own unique banner.
ConsSo far i do not have any issues. All works smoothly.

By PixTeller on May 7, 2019
Thank you Razvan for your great feedback. I'm really happy to see that our tool helps you in your campaigns. This is one of the reasons we created the animation editor, as it generates more engagement and clicks compared to static images.
Mybrid W.
Web Site Developer
April 30, 2019

“Occasional Usage - Great Product”

OverallI've probably created 300 images on PixTeller over two years, including graphics for my business web site. I use GIMP for blending images and PixTeller for graphics. It is a good one-two punch as fonts and graphics are weak in GIMP and PixTeller does not have blending. The color wheel and color picker in PixTeller is everywhere and makes touch up silly easy. I use Lucid Charts for diagramming and sometimes finish with PixTeller. I also sometimes use PixTeller to augment Power Point images. It is a great touch up tool that creates professional images. I also create memes for fun and PixTeller is awesome for that.
ProsAs someone who creates graphics on the side on occasion then I need something with little learning curve that I can comeback to and instantly be productive. PixTeller creates business class graphics without all the overhead of say learning Adobe. I've tried many such web sites over the years and PixTeller really stands out for me.
ConsPicking a font. There is just this long list of font names presented in that font to choose from. I'm just prone to having a style sheet of samples. In fact,I use a separate picker on Google materials web site where all the web fonts are available. More of an annoyance than anything else.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Thanks for this great review. You use PixTeller for a lot of things, just the way we wanted users to do it. Font presented in the menu are written exactly as they appear. Given how many we have (100+), displaying them in a sheet style would take a lot of space and scrolling. This will only lead to frustration by most of the users as it is time consuming. If we can find a better way do display them, we will certainly do it.
Anastacia H.
Internet, Self-employed
September 17, 2019

“Better Than Canva Most Recommended”

OverallLike I said there isn't a day that goes by without me creating something unique and different with a high quality and high resolution graphic in Pixteller. I even created several How-To Tutorials with my own methods of how to use Pixteller for YouTube Thumbnails to Facebook Post images.
ProsI love working with the customized sized templates with ease and versatility. I just don't go a day without creating something in Pixteller for all of my social media marketing.
ConsI don't like that I can't share my templates with my own team. It's something that Canva does have that I use for other designs but if Pixteller had this feature it would be awesome!
Rithvik P.
Chief Executive Officer
Research, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“One of the best tool to make graphics”

OverallSaves me lot of time after i switched to pixteller, I used to create all my graphics using photoshop but this helped me have so much time.
ProsThousands of free stock images, elements and pre build templates all makes this a perfect tool to make graphics for social media, ads, web site graphics and blog post images. They have many pre build templates to choose, you can use them or create your own templates. Lots of options available to edit the image like masking filters shapes and many more. Got this deal from stack social this is the best deal hands down.
ConsThey just have web version It would be great to have a mobile app too

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Thank you Rithvik for your feedback. Happy to see you like our tool. At the moment, PixTeller is avaylable only for desk/laptop and tablets/IPads. The mobile limitation is due to the small display size. We have plans on releasing a mobile app, but it will take some time until we can do it.
Alisha G.
Executive director
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

“Value your customers ”

OverallThe designs we create help us to reach more people. It is a more professional look
ProsI am able to create designs easy with this software without being an expert
ConsPoor Customer Service, you need to improve your customer support.

By PixTeller on September 13, 2019
Hi Alisha, thank you for leaving a review. I'm happy to see that designs created with PixTeller help you reach more people. That is the point of our editor. Regarding customer service, it seems that all your questions were answered in a professional matter. We do apologize if there wasn't an instant reply.
Laura G.
Project manager
Internet, 501-1000 employees
May 3, 2019

“Text flexibility needs improving”

OverallVery useful tool, nice overall output. You can store images or download them, re-use them for other project, scale them etc. Text boxes are a bit limited, I'd like to use a size for first line and a different size for second inside the same box. Still, very good value for money. I did not use animations yet, something I will do in the near future.
ProsGood variety of pictures Good font variety
ConsI'd like to be able to drag and drop images into my open project. I'd like to have more text box options. Could expand pics and images to CC ones. Could do with vector modification options.

By PixTeller on May 9, 2019
Thank you Laura for your review. We will take note of all your suggestions. Some were already on our roadmap. Right now, for the text, my suggestion is to use separate boxes for each letter/word/phrase that you want to look different. It is not so easy to make such modifications if all the text is in one single box, that is why it is not yet implemented. But we are looking into possible solutions for this.
May 3, 2019
Larry W.
President, CEO
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“ Graphics on Steroids ”

OverallWe are using this tool daily for social media Images. Video Thumb nails, and various online and interactive banners
ProsVery nice user interface and a breeze to use excellent for creating social media images
ConsIts not as responsive as I would hope when Upload larger images but not a spinning icon slow just not as responsive as could be

By PixTeller on April 17, 2019
Hi Larry, thanks for the review. I'm glad you find PixTeller useful and easy to use. Yes, large images can take a little to upload. But this is related to the image size and the upload bandwidth you have. There are no restrictions from our side. But we will have another look, if there is something we can optimize, we will do it.
Carolyne C.
Journalist, Publisher
Newspapers, Self-employed
September 19, 2019

“PixTeller for Local News”

OverallIt's excellent.
ProsI love that my designs are kept in archive, and that I can readily edit them and rework them, while the original stays the same. It's a wonderful editor, with so many options.
ConsI need a grid to use in the background, so that I can snap images and title cards into place accurately and quickly.
September 19, 2019
ashok p.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
April 30, 2019

“Simple & awesome when you are in a hurry!”

OverallSimply awesome. Just what you need for urgent designs for facebook or web promotions.
ProsFound it very easy on the go if you do not have your specific softwares like photoshop or something Pixteller gives you the platform to still create a quality design within minutes without a fuss. Have been rescued by Pixteller so many times when I am on the go or on holidays and when my client wants something upsid for facebook or web promotion. Works like a charm. Hats off to the creators.
ConsIt doesn't allow a selection of specific layers. If you have 10 layers and you want to get to the bottom one you just need to put all the other layers at the bottom to work on that particular layer which is annoying.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Hi Ashok, you can hide the layers so you don't have to move them around. Once the edit is done, you can unlock them. You can also quickly move the layer you need at the top by drag and drop on the layers menu. You can find a tutorial on this on our blog page.
Thet Htut O.
Educator
Education Management, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2019

“Sleek and Fast Design Creator”

OverallI love to use Pixteller. It is a simple and capable app. But its low limit of beautiful templates sometimes pushes me away to use other apps.
ProsThe app is quick and error free. The interface is clean and easy to understand. I can easily create Facebook Posts, Covers and many designs in no time. I have created my website logo with this and the logo looks amazing. I can do masking and the Pixteller has layers unlike other apps. Its ability to create Animation is excellent.
ConsThe ready-made templates are not good. Many are created with an AI so that designs are not at all appealing. It needs many good templates to start with. Moreover,the app has fewer selections of icons. I really want it to have more special stock images and transparent images for pro users.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Thank you for your review, we will work on creating better templates. For the icons, we already have over 100k. We will see if we can add more, but it will make it difficult to find what you need.
April 26, 2019
Miguel F.
Accounting, Self-employed
April 23, 2019

“Simple, Affordable, yet Powerful Grapics Design App!”

ProsThe simplistic feel of the program won't scare you away from design projects like other big name programs. You don't need a degree in Graphic Design to build professional-looking images to be used in all facets of your life, professionally & personally. I love that PixTeller is web-based program for several reasons: Your projects are accessible from any device that is connect to the web. No large software needs to be installed or run that requires a hefty amount of RAM and basically prevents you from multi-tasking. And with any web-based service, you always have the most up-to-date version, no need to purchase this year's version or download & installed another memory-draining update. Lastly, another aspect of the program I enjoy are the templates/samples available that match up to the platform (social media, business card, poster, etc.) that you planing to present your design on,
ConsThe only downfall i can think of is the lack of tutorial or instructions in using the program in general. It more of a trial and error approach, but once you get the hang of it, you will fall in love with the program and know that you are getting the best bang for your buck.

By PixTeller on April 25, 2019
Happy to see that you like our Editor Miguel. If you have difficulties in using some of our features, please have a look at the tutorials we have on the Blog page. Most of them are described there and videos are also included.
April 23, 2019
Jake C.
Developer
April 12, 2019

“PixTeller Fair Feature set for price”

OverallVery positive. Solid basic product with decent starter feature set.
ProsI've been using pixteller for about six months. It is fair for the value of what I paid. It is easy to use and understand. Its stock element selection is respectable. The biggest thing I would like to see is a more robust set of features and functionality when manipulating graphic elements or photos. I realize that being a web based product there is some technical limitations here, but exploring what features can be added is the biggest area for improvement in my opinion
ConsFeatures need to be more robust within the product even if the price is raised slightly.

By PixTeller on April 23, 2019
Thank you for the review Jake. Adding features is not a simple task. The ones we have right now, I think is a well balanced set. Adding more manipulating features for elements might move us in a different direction from what we intended and might add higher costs. But I agree that there is room for improving. We have a list of features that we hope to implement in a future update. Please contact us via mail on support@pixteller.com so we can discuss this further and express your view on this matter.
Ben P.
Social Media Consultant
September 8, 2019

“Awesome basic photo editing tools”

OverallI have been using PixTeller to generate social media images for the last year or so, and it has been very easy.
ProsI love that PixTeller is fully web-based, so it makes it very easy to edit basic photos, and manage templates. Custom photo sizes and custom font support is absolutely awesome!
ConsA better file-management system would be great, as you have to move every design manually into a folder, instead of simply saving the design into the folder.
September 8, 2019
Kathy Carlton W.

“PixTeller Delivers!”

OverallI like it well enough to buy the professional package and recommend it to others.
ProsI like PixTeller because it's easy to use and has the types of graphics and photos trending right now. It's especially helpful for social media. It saves me time and hassle so I don't have to hunt down royalty-free photos and artwork. The font selection is immense-I can always find a font that fits the mood of what I'm creating.
ConsNot sortable by themes so I have to wade through photos and designs that aren't relevant to find something that will work with my project.

By PixTeller on April 23, 2019
Hi Kathy, thanks for the review. I know that right now, it's not an ideal way to get to the relevant templates that you need. But we are working on sorting this and we might come with a solution in an upcoming update.
Nica L.
September 17, 2019

“The Go-to Design Tool When You Need Control”

OverallOverall, PixTeller is a solid tool that will allow to tweak your graphics for everything from a social post to an eBook cover.
ProsPixTeller provides a great selection of tools that allow you to control more of your design. Many other graphic design tools limit the extent of what you can tweak, PixTeller doesn't. I love that it's a fully web-based solution and easy to use.
ConsThe asset library selection is decent but the search function is lacking. The free template selection is not organized and feels like the approach is 'quantity over quality.' Another issue that I find in their templates is that the images used are not technically free-- a picture of a famous actor in the background is typically licensed and you'll find these images in the readily available templates. This con is easy to avoid if you use your own image assets, but it makes me question the rest of the assets provided by PixTeller.
Natalia F.
Social Media Consultant
Publishing, Self-employed
September 13, 2019

“A great alternative to Adobe Creative Suite”

OverallI was fortunate enough to get a lifetime access deal to use PixTeller. While I still use various programs in Adobe Creative Suite I find myself regularly using PixTeller for creating social media content.
ProsI really enjoy the simplicity of use - not only are there templated sizes for most social media platforms but everything is very intuitive. I also like that I can add my own fonts and have them there every time.
ConsI have had issues with trying to have a library of my own images I can regularly access.
September 13, 2019
beverly a.
freelance writer
September 26, 2019

“Image and Animation Design”

OverallI have had a great experience with Pixteller. There are so many great things this software can do. I will be enjoying while I learn to create all these fabulous images designs and animation.
ProsI can make great images with this software. Pixteller is great for animations also. It has so many great things I can design with this software. I can create full HD video, video stories, and animated pictures. I can do social media posts which consist of Facebook statuses or Instagram stories. This software helps me with my writing and It helps me with marketing which consists of logos, cards, posters, and blogs. I can create invitations or even business cards. I can design great banners, covers or even headers for baby showers, graduations or business meetings. There are templates to assist with each design.
ConsThere is an enormous amount of information. I just have to take my time in learning all I need to know to design these wonderful images and animations.
September 26, 2019
O. Kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 employees
May 2, 2019

“Great Tool For Simple Graphics ”

OverallPixteller helps me create simple and yet stunning looking graphics for my business faster. Good value for the price.
ProsI was able to get lifetime deal for Pixteller last year, 2018, and I just love the simplicity of the design process. Straight to the point with no complexity to worry about. Although there are more technical tools out there, but when you want simple and stunning looking graphics fast, Pixteller is your go to source. With thousands of templates one can hardly be short of ideas. I love Pixteller and I never regretted buying.
ConsThe only issue I have with Pixteller is the inability to easily change text colors, for instance I want to change the color of the first three letters in "color" that's not possible yet. I would like this feature added.

By PixTeller on May 6, 2019
Happy to see that our tool is perfect for your needs. Simplicity was one of our intentions when we created PixTeller. For manipulating text, at the moment, you can only do it for the whole container, not for a single letter or word in it. If you want to do that, you need to write separately the letters/words.
May 2, 2019
Mike R.
Chief of Design
Design, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“Pix for Tellers (Story)”

OverallOverall experience with the software is smooth. I experience some interface problems like choosing fonts is not really a JOY but overall like what I have said, Pixteller has a potential, maybe they should look at the competition and where they should put their pricepoint at.
ProsI bought the lifetime Pro account for the software because I believe the product has a lot of potential. There's about a million stock photos available and about a hundred fonts. I don't need to install software so that means I can use my browser to make a quick image and then post it on social media, which I successfully did when I was on vacation in Taiwan.
ConsRecently they introduced a higher tier in the plan pricing which is Diamond, so that leaves Pro users with a watermark for their videos and gifs. This is not a welcome introduction on the part of the users, expecting more of the program than its very popular and less priced counterpart, Canva. The other bad thing is that the free users design is public so the explore part of the software is just bad, the ugly templates are there which is really annoying. Also you need internet connection to be able to design and it takes some time to render your project / final image.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Thank you for the review. Regarding the watermark, we have removed it for all users. For the designs created by users, we are looking into a way to resolve it too soon. So only PixTeller templates will be available.
December 13, 2018
Margarita M.
Founder/CEO

“Extremely User Friendly!”

OverallWhat I love most about PixTeller is that ANYONE can use the software to create designs. It is consistently our go-to tool when creating social media post content. There are several image editing software to choose from on the market today. PixTeller is our choice.
ProsWhat I love most about PixTeller is that ANYONE can use the software to create designs. But PixTeller gives you the option to create animated images. A nice amount of really good templates are available to get you started. We LOVE the preset images! Makes it so much easier to resize any image to fit any social media platform.
ConsThe only thing I can think of is it needs better labeling when searching.
Shana T.
Content Strategist
August 24, 2019

“Just "meh."”

OverallOverall it's a good service if you're just creating an image for a social media post or something similar. But there are services that offer more and are also free.
ProsThe thing that sets this software apart from others is the ability to make animations. There are some good templates to choose from and the price is right - most people in my line of work or for casual use can probably get by with the free version. Easy to use and edit your creations, and they don't charge you an arm and a leg for stock images.
ConsI'd sooner use a service like Canva than PixTeller. The animations alone aren't enough to make it a superior service to Canva, and I find that the latter has quite a few more options to customize the size, etc. of your work. That said, maybe those options are there, but all that means to me is that PixTeller isn't as easy to navigate as Canva and others.
August 24, 2019
Mark H.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“If You Dont Use Pixteller Now, You Willl Hate Yourself Later”

OverallPixTeller is the design application for quick and beautiful results when our team works on social media posts.
ProsWhat definitely stands out is the enormous amount of pre-made templates you have to your disposal. All neatly categorized by size or theme. Not to mention the outstanding editor which makes it very convenient to make your own images, videos, animated GIFs. There is something for everyone.
ConsBesides the obvious reason of not having used the software sooner, I had some initial difficulties with navigating the dashboard. However, there have been several changes to the user interface. So, for new users I think it will be no problem at all to find your way around Pixteller with no problem. I believe that the team commits fully to the product and listens to people's feedback. At least they seemed to have regarding navigating the dashboard.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Thanks Mark for your review. As always, if you have questions or requests, you can contact us directly.
Todd S.
Software Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Saves me tons of time!”

OverallThis program provides 98% of the functionality of my much more expensive desktop software. Has a better support team. A short learning curve. And the convenience of an online program. Oh and the $400 per year in savings isn't bad either.
ProsIt saves me a ton of time being able to start from an existing template and customize from there. Completely eliminates blank sheet syndrome.
ConsThe inability to scale up one of the preexisting shapes without it thickening up and skewing the borders.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Thank you Todd For the review. I'm happy you find our templates useful. For the shape border issue, we know about it. The problem is that we emulate the border as it can not be otherwise possible to have it in the canvas - limitation of the canvas display. So there are cases where it can look awkward. The good news is that it might be possible to fix it, but it won't be easy. So it will take some time before we will address it.
Dean H.
manager owner
Public Safety, Self-employed

“loving it!”

Overallperfect in helping us create social media post for near enough all platforms.
ProsA very useful program for a variety of uses - website, picture editing, and social media posts. ie facebook, instagram, twitter. a handy editor and organiser. good for cr I highly recommend it.perfect in helping us create social media post for near enough all platforms.
Consnil, no significant problems to name pricing? make cheaper? perfect in helping us create social media post for near enough all platforms.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Thank you for your review. Yes, PixTeller is very useful for social media. And the animations are known to get more views if you post them.
Carlos M.
Desarrollador web
Design, 201-500 employees
April 12, 2019

“The best friend of a Web Designer”

OverallAs a web designer this tool has been a savior of time for me, when I didnt knew how to use photoshop it helped me to make complex edition to images, now that I know how to use Photoshop I still use it to create images quicky. It allowed me to easily calculate the sizes of images and the sizes I had to use for different social media, It allowed me to do fades, shadows and complex image editing and It also bring you inspiration if you search for other customers works, right now is my 1st option when editing quickly.
ProsEasy to use Quick editing You can save your templates You have a freemium version Multiple uses Esiest resizer ever New features
ConsNot enought fonts Still not able to bold some text and some not (you have to place 2 different paragrafs)

By PixTeller on April 17, 2019
Thank you Carlos for your review. Right now, we have over 100 free fonts that you can use directly from the editor. And you can always upload your own and have your own library. Adding more fonts can be confusing for some users, as too many choices are not a good thing sometimes. Plus, it will increase the loading time of the font selection menu. For having only some words bold in a text box, this is not possible right now unless you insert a separate text. We want to correct this in a future update, but it is not easy to implement.
April 19, 2019

“Awesome and Very Useful”

OverallLove PixTeller, it is a time saver, and gives me professional graphics every time.
ProsThe ease to make such quality images for the products I need.
ConsWould love a little more variety, but it is getting there. It seems to be growing every day.

By PixTeller on April 25, 2019
Thanks for the review. We are currently working on improving templates appearance and suggestions so it will give you relevant content.
Frank M.
Small business owner.
Consumer Services, Self-employed
January 17, 2019

“Easy to use poster maker.”

OverallI post for my blog on a hotline I work for, as well as on my website and social media pages. I've used Pixteller for 15 months now, and I like the way it is constantly evolving. The tech support is available 24/7 for free, and they're very helpful and friendly too. I highly recommend Pixteller for one's needs whether you're a professional or amateur.
ProsThe software is easy to use for anyone who is not a techie. The images are royalty-free, so I can find an appropriate image for my posters without having to spend additional money. I like storing the images I choose in my own personal gallery, which I can review later for additional creations.
ConsI would like to crop an image's perimeter as if I were using scissors. This function isn't available yet.
January 17, 2019
LANDRIE M.
Retail, 1-10 employees

“Easy and affective”

OverallI love PixTeller because my event fliers always look professionally made. Now I don't have to pay someone else to make them for me.
ProsI love how easy it is to build a flier or advertiser. I have no previous experience, and my fliers always come out amazing. I usually use my own images, which makes our advertisers extra personal.
ConsI've had no issues with the program so far. The only thing that I could say that bothers me, is I have to select the wanted font for every entry, instead of being a preset option for the whole document.

By PixTeller on September 18, 2019
Thank you Landrie for the review. It's always nice to see users creating promotional graphics. For your font selection problem, we will consider your suggestion. Maybe we will find a way to make it happen.
Internet, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2019

“Good and useful software”

OverallWe use PixTeller basically for social network management and some times for create image for website.
ProsIt is very easy to use with tons of examples you can use as base for your works.
ConsIt will be great if new filters and structures will be added.

By PixTeller on May 8, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.
May 7, 2019
Sandor T.
May 4, 2019

“I am a hobby user at PixTeller”

OverallI use the software when I do some posting on the social media. And here I am more than just satisfied with what the tool offers me. Although it is a little difficult to handle in some display areas .. I develop softwears for customers, so I have many different graphics tools in advance. Experiences I can not write about .. so much I haven't used PixTeller
ProsI'm happy with what I do when I use it. I can't deny that the tool can do some great work if you sit down and learn how to handle it. Without a doubt, PixTeller is a good tool.
ConsWhat I like? I like to see a finished result that looks good. And you can do that with PixTeller without a doubt.

By PixTeller on May 8, 2019
thank you for your feedback.
Sanjeev G.
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 29, 2019

“Great, simple to use”

OverallWe use PixTeller to create impact images for our websites, our marketing and for client reports. I have found it is very quick and easy to create the images I need. PixTeller has a great drag and drop interface with WYSIWYG. This makes it easy to see the effects of any changes on final outputs. We also use toold like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, as well as many others such as Corel Technical Suite, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft PowerPoint, and I find that PixTeller is the quickest way to create strong images easily. For publishing - we often will fall back on our other software. However, even in these cases, we sometimes use PixTeller to create the initial images and then edit as required. This is often the case where we need images in other formats, and want to ensure the best output. Overall, PixTeller has been a great purchase, and one which I see us using for the foreseeable future.
ProsEasy to use Quick set up Good choice of templates Clean look Lack of PixTeller logos on final works
ConsLimited export options (just being picky!) Not much - for the price this is a very good piece of software.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Than you for the review Sanjeev. I presume you need PSD format or Print format as save options. We have them on our ToDo list, but we have other things we need to address first.
April 29, 2019
Artur J.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
January 31, 2018

“It may be good at the beginning, but after a while you see that template are monotonously alike ”

OverallThe biggest limit is the low variety of templates, but at the beginning when you launch a project you can do a number of good quality works for your client or yourself. So it's in a way a good way to start off by providing something different than most of the editors out there.
Pros- Editing tools are doing their job, even though they are fairly simple - It has many time saving functionalities like replacing images that are set to a specific place, or format a photo or text in a given way - Some of the templates are nice
Cons- Browsing templates is boring, because there actually is a hundred or so of them, but modified and recolored in thousands of way, so you see basically the same thing, but with small differences. - When you insert images to some small elements, cirles / squares / etc. the quality gets ridiculously low, way too low to make the image usable - Sometimes I see better colors and better quality in the preview than after downloading the file - The updates that they do to the system seem to improve the things that are insignificant.

By PixTeller on February 1, 2018
Hi Artur and thank you for your honest review. We made a big update last week to the PixTeller Editor and Platform ... for sure we are not perfect yet but we will be. The biggest problem you mentioned in your review is the lack of templates and the quality of them. In the last 6-12 months we focused on this and we launched a system that will create designs by it self. It need some calibration but for sure at the end of February 2018 you can see the first results.
January 31, 2018
Rich H.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Awesome product ”

OverallWay better than other image editors.
ProsVery easy to use, lots of flexibility and a huge library of free images
ConsThe saving images process could be a little more streamlined but other than that nothing

By PixTeller on May 8, 2019
The Save process depends on how big your image is. For animations, the length, filters and objects used, plus your hardware and internet connection matter. So the save time can vary from design to design.
Bernadette K.
Reiki Master Teacher/Business Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Pixteller has helped me with my business!”

OverallI have two businesses that I need to create social media posts for. One is for a service based business and the other is for an online store. I can easily create new posts using their pre-designed pictures as well as adding my own.
ProsI love how easy it is to use Pixteller. I use it for two of my businesses to make social media posts for specials and new products. They have great options and it is easy to customize my designs.
ConsI have yet to find a function that I did not like.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Thank you for the review. We will work on displaying more relevant templates so it will be faster for users to start creating designs.
Telecommunications, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Convenient online graphics editing and animation”

OverallVery useful for face to face client demonstrations.
ProsPixTeller provides online graphics editing and basic animation. Since it's online I can login and use it when I'm with a client. I can use it to create logos, social media ads, and graphics for posts and stories.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve. I've been using graphics editing products for years. It might take a newbie some time to get up to speed.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Thank you for the review. I know there is a little learning curve, it is normal for any tool. But once you get the hang of it, it is really easy to use and intuitive.
Kristi B.
Freelance Social Media
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 17, 2019

“Great tool- including free option! ”

OverallReally easy- use this a ton!
ProsIt's easy to use, budget friendly and web based!
ConsLimited design options and photos. But otherwise great and only mentioning.

By PixTeller on September 18, 2019
Thank you for the review. PixTeller actually has features that some other online editors lack, so our tool has much more design options than others. Also, we feature over 1,5 million images, all free to use. So I'm sure that you can find what you need.
Carlos M.
Designer
Airlines/Aviation, 1001-5000 employees
April 12, 2019

“Pixteller - A great time-saving tool.”

OverallOverall, Pixteller has provided a good experience. I am currently using it to create fliers and other promotional assets for a non-profit. Since they have limited resources, I am able to provide a product that is both really good and cost-effective.
ProsI like that with Pixteller, I am able to quickly design and implement posters and social media assets quickly.
ConsI do like Pixteller. I only wish that more templates for greeting cards, for example, could be provided to broaden the appeal of the app.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Thank you for the review. We created PixTeller to be used with ease by anyone. For the templates part, we are working on showing only the relevant ones. In time, we also want to increase our portfolio and have better quality templates created.
Wayne S.

“Well Worth Money”

OverallThe image art I required needed to look good, but what I needed wasn't complicated and shouldn't require the expense of tools like Adobe Photoshop. Pixteller enabled me to achieve quality images, backgrounds, covers, etc and eliminate Adobe tools I didn't need to be paying for.
ProsEasy to use Has tons of templates for most sizes used on the web The many templates provide great starting points for designs Eliminated the cost of Adobe for me
ConsNeeds more shapes Stock images aren't great, but they help when needed.
Eileen R.
Band Leader and Graphic Designer
Entertainment, Self-employed
April 13, 2019

“PixTeller Rocks”

OverallI manage a couple bands and produce flyers both for print and for digital forms like web & social media promotions. I was able to very easily copy 1 of my poster projects and use the copied version to convert to an animation project with success & in very short time (both MP4 and GIF outputs) - it looked very cool. Great software!
ProsPixTeller is very simple to use, very clean user interface & smooth operations. Also love that it operates online & it seems to receive improvements each time I use it.
ConsThe render for animation takes some time, but not bad. The effects or movement options in the animation function are somewhat limited (we could use additional effects like dissolve for example). When in animation edit mode, it did not seem to list all the objects; for example I had two text boxes overlapping for a shadow 3D effect, but the bottom text box was not available in the list of objects for selection/edit. However, I was able to accomplish most of what I needed at this time.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Thank you for the review Eileen. The saving and rendering of the animations is partly done by your hardware - PC/Laptop/Tablet - partly on server side. So speed can vary depending on device and also on the browser used - Chrome is the fastest at the moment. There is a limitation of what can be done online. While the speed might be improved in a limited manner, the costs implied to render animations are not worth it at the moment. In time, as technology evolves, I'm sure it will work much faster.
April 13, 2019
Michael R.
April 12, 2019

“Good piece of software but not as good as Canva”

OverallWhen I need to male something that I cannot get in the free Canva edition i will use it but although I purchased a lifetime licence, I have only switched to it a handful of times in the last year.
ProsIt allows me to make some good posts for social media and my websites and a few times I have made some offline marketing materials. Some of the new features like the social media and full HD animation have been handy to improve some of my sites.
ConsThe templates and layout just don't feel the same as canva and a couple of times it has glitched and broke some of my work when it didn't save. It also seems to rely a lot on the community to make the templates some of which don't have a lot of polish.

By PixTeller on April 16, 2019
Hi Michael, thank you for the review. I know that some of the templates in the Explore section are not relevant. We wanted to give a chance to users to make their work visible but still keep our templates in front for easy access and relevance. Because of this, we currently started making some changes to correct this. It will most likely be visible in the next month, maybe sooner.
Shannon W.
Online Media, Self-employed
October 8, 2019

“If you're not using PixTeller, you're missing out!”

OverallMy overall experience has been pretty good with PixTeller. Also, customer service is amazing!
ProsMy company has used PixTeller for years. We even wrote a sponsored blog post on how amazing their platform is. I love how many templates they have to choose from. They make it where you don't need to be a fancy graphic designer to create something beautiful.
ConsI know it seems so small, but I don't really like their branding. (that's just the blogger in me) I feel like it could be a little more upbeat to draw people in whose more likely to use their software. (Take Canva, for an example. Their branding/look is modern, fun and fresh)
October 8, 2019
Matt F.
Manager, Education Services
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Better than Canva”

OverallThis is hands-down the best photo editor on the web.
ProsThe tool works more like an offline photo editor but with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface that makes manipulating images fast and easy. It also has great built-in image selections and templates.
ConsThe text box is a little touchy so if I erase all of the text from the box to put my own in, the box sometimes disappears altogether. There is an easy workaround to this, though.
Computer Software, Self-employed
April 30, 2019

“A great tool if you know what you're doing.”

ProsThe pro subscription allows users to make high-quality graphics that don't require you to be an expert Adobe product. At the same time, they give you better options and customization than something like Canva or a free design product.
ConsThe only real problem I have with this software is that I do not think that the company properly gives tutorials on how to use this software to the fullest and in that regard, I won't give up adobe. Though I probably will switch from pro to diamond.

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Have you checked the Blog page? We have tutorials for most of the Editor functionality. We do intend to create mode focused ones on different content type, but at a later time.
Matthew E.
Worship/Creative Director
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

“Love the ease of use”

ProsHow quickly I transitioned to using it quickly and successfully.
ConsLimited fonts and options for size. Sometimes I'd like a huge letter

By PixTeller on May 2, 2019
Hi Matthew, if you find that the font size is too small, you can also apply a Scale filter. This will get you the needed results.