BoardPro Ratings

Overall

About BoardPro

A smarter solution for more productive board meetings. Our affordable and easy-to-use software helps SMBs and Non Profits streamline their entire board process, reducing anxiety, increase efficiency and lift performance. Administrators work up to 50% more effectively and board members remain focussed, contribute more and achieve better outcomes. Trusted by over 3,500 users across eleven countries. Starting at $100/month. Up to 40% discount on plans for Non-Profits. Learn more about BoardPro

Sandy G.
Executive Assistant to CEO and Board Secretary
November 21, 2017

“We set up a number of new subcommittees this year so lots more agendas and meetings. Yay BoardPro.”

ProsThe time saved and the ease of preparing agendas and minutes. And a system to keep track of the actions is great. We used to do all of that manually so we're streets ahead of where we were. We set up 4 new subcommittees this year so having BoardPro has been hugely helpful. Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems but those are steadily being worked through. I find that I don't need to get in touch with the Help Desk as often and clearly things are working well for us. Another great BoardPro feature is the ability to access it so readily from any of your electronic devices and from any location. I'm an administrator so I can complete an agenda at work or at home and, later, access the minutes to work on and simply pick up from where I left off. And my colleagues can be working on it at the same time too.
ConsInitially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems, but I have to say those are steadily being worked through. I still get frustrated that there's no Undo button when I'm typing the minutes straight into BoardPro - I've lost work several times due to hitting the wrong area of the touch pad, which is a real pain. Ultimately, its important that our governors are happy with the software. They readily express their frustrations if they're unhappy, e.g. the page numbering in the board packs - the minutes have one set of numbering and the board packs have another. They also get confused about the different action points lists - in a board pack, there's a list of actions raised in the meeting at the end of the previous minutes (very useful). Then there's a list of actions reviewed in this meeting, plus an Action Item List. I don't clearly understand the distinction and if I'm not clear then I can't explain it and the governors start talking about other software options. That's not in my interest as I've invested lots of time and effort in getting BoardPro to work for us. For me, the action item reminders to owners are great. Because owners don't always react to their actions, (tongue in cheek), it would be good if it incorporated a graphic like a time bomb going off under a chair. That might prompt people to update/action their actions! :)

By BoardPro on June 23, 2019
HI Sandy, thanks so much for your considered feedback. I sent your feedback to our COO who will discuss with the team.
November 21, 2017
Daryl S.
Trust Secretary
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 28, 2019

“Using BoardPro”

OverallBoardPro has reduced the time it used to take for me to compile meeting agendas. I can build agendas through the month and load relevant papers as they come to hand. Access to documentation by Board members is much easier. The decision register is very useful as it is no longer kept in a separate database programme. Also the interest register is in the same programme as other board information.
ProsI compile agendas for several companies, committees and a trust. Using BoardPro has reduced the time these processes have taken significantly because the names of those who will be expected at the meeting are already available and so is my template for the meeting agendas. It is very easy to make changes as necessary. The Trustees, Directors and Committee members like the notification process that advises them when meeting papers are ready for them to view and when they have actions to complete. I also like that support from BoardPro is available quickly and ideas that users have to improve the features of the product are invited, considered and often implemented so that we all gain the benefit of better board papers.
ConsNothing really. A challenge can be that the programme is cloud based, so if access to the Internet is interrupted getting to the board papers can be difficult. Consequently, I always have a hard copy of the agenda available at each meeting and a way in which to record minutes that does not rely on the cloud. I have been using BoardPro for just over a year now and so far have only needed to employ my alternative method once.

By BoardPro on June 21, 2019
Hi Daryl, Thanks for your great feedback. We do have a companion IOS application for the iPad which you can download for free at the Apple store. I hope that helps. Regards Sean McDonald
May 28, 2019
Geoff B.
October 1, 2019

“On Cloud 9 thanks to BoardPro”

OverallBefore we bought into BoardPro we had large monthly Board Books that not only consumed time and paper but were inflexible once published. The ease of creating, updating , and minuting meetings on-line is a liberation for the GM. Board Members no longer need to tote books around the country and refer to additional sheets of paper. They can annotate their meeting papers on screen and arrive at the meeting with everything they need and all actions completed thanks to the Action Items auto email reminders.
ProsUsing BoardPro is easy and intuitive to use but when you do hit a brick wall the comprehensive 'help' articles solve most problems. Beyond self help, the chat-line is so prompt and effective that it should be held up as THE bench mark for customer service - it's friendly, nimble and one of the team will even call you if you are really stuck.
ConsThe inflexibility of drop down dialogue boxes means that they get in the way when you need to see something that they are blocking - drag and drop would be a great addition.

By BoardPro on October 9, 2019
Hi Geoff, Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it was great to see your comment "THE benchmark for customer service". Thanks again Sean McDonald
Sarah G.
Personal Assistant
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2019

“Most affordable and easy to use meeting management tool”

ProsThe ability to assign actions to clients and create board packs in order to run structured meetings with esse of regernve to documents for multiple companies that we provide advisory services to.
ConsThere isn't an area for users to update their action items with a comment.

By BoardPro on September 17, 2019
Hi Sarah, thanks for your great review. As actions are part of minutes, you can't add comments. The best way to update actions is to pass your comments back to the administrator who can then update the action. Reach out on chat if you need help with this Regards Sean McDonald
September 16, 2019
Gaelle D.
Civic & Social Organization, Self-employed
September 2, 2019

“A Big Fan”

OverallThe record keeping and consistency of information is the greatest asset to the small organisations as they often do not have the administrative fire power to keep everything consistent. It has stopped the "reinvention of the wheel" that each new administration person often tries to bring to the orrganisation. It has meant that funders (& auditors) can given access to records during audit processes and they are up today and accurate.
ProsThis software is so special for small community organisations. It is affordable and it is an open and transparent record of the organisations activities, accountabilities and history. It keeps all the governance team informed and up to date. It makes the communication easier and consistent. And is especially good record keeping for any annual audits regarding processes and record keeping. This has been a real boost to the professionalism of the small organisations that I have encouraged to take this software on board.
ConsSometimes, if governance members are not using it often, they do get a bit confused as to the process. If there could be a scaled down, simpler version for very small organizations?

By BoardPro on September 3, 2019
Thanks for your feedback Gaelle, It does take time for some board members to come around to a new way of doing things. Remember, we do offer free training sessions specifically for board members. We run these each week. To book a session simply reach out to the team on chat Thanks again Sean McDonald
September 2, 2019
aye C.
Sports, 11-50 employees

“Board Pro Review”

OverallNot solving any business problems apart from the fact it does save time having the board pack on BoardPro. Board members have commented that it isn't as user friendly as Diligent Boards and you can't switch between things as easily. I am still getting used to Board Pro and finding the best way to do things for us and as we only use it about 7 times a year and not on a daily basis it takes a while. I wouldn't go back to the old way of creating a word document though - definitely a step in the right direction.
ProsIt is relatively easy to use and saves time when putting together board papers. Great having a central portal to store all the important documents that need to be referred to regularly instead of having to find them elsewhere. Great that you can access it from any computer anywhere. I don't use the app version so can't comment on that.
ConsWhen you copy a previous meeting it doesn't bring over the attachments and some attachments are regular documents - would be good if they transferred over and you had the ability to amend them through Board Pro and not have them stored elsewhere and attach. Sometimes we have matters arising which need to be deleted for whatever reason and you can't do that - you have to mark them done and wait for them to drop off the list. It seems to show all matters arising even if they are complete when really we don't need to see those in the meeting - good to have them in the background but we only need the ones that need actioning to be showing for that meeting.

By BoardPro on July 3, 2019
Hello Aye, That is really helpful feedback. I have passed this on to our dev team. We are constantly upgrading BoardPro from a UX/UI experience and feedback like this is so helpful. Best Regards Sean McDonald
Michelle N.
May 27, 2019

“Does exactly what it says”

Overall- We have been trying to get our board members to transition from paper-based board packs to online for a while now and they have found BoardPro so easy to use that we have converted all our board to online. It has been a great time-saver for me as the administrator. Not only have we lessened the impact on the environment with not printing the documents but also the cost of printing and couriering the packs. - Questions are answered in a timely manner and the set webinar trainings are also a great feature. - Because of the success with our Board, we have also extended using BoardPro to two other committees.
Pros- Ease of use. Uploading of documents without having to convert into a PDF a great time saver. - Easy to create agendas and move documents within the agenda sections. - Separate action items which can be emailed to those responsible and timely reminder emails also a great feature to enable items to be actioned.
Cons- Cannot enter multiple entries under the Interest Registers for one person. Currently you have to make a new entry under each person (not ideal when board members have multiple interests). Governance Documents cannot be seen in the Ipad version. - Currently no spell-checker.
Benjamin M.
Chair
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
October 1, 2019

“Perfect for the small-medium not for profit board. ”

ProsIntuitive. Simple. Easy to use. And probably more importantly saves board members (who are all voluntary) time and effort. This is why we choose BoardPro. Everything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
ConsThere are a couple of features I'd love to see implemented, and the great thing is that BoardPro has been super responsive to incorporating this feedback.

By BoardPro on October 6, 2019
Hi Benjamin, Great to see your positive comments about BoardPro. Our roadmap features and functionality comes from our many clients around the world. The link below will take you to our ideas portal. https://ideas.boardpro.io/ Regards Sean McDonald
Geoff N.
Board Member
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
July 26, 2019

“Game-changed my advisory boards forever!”

OverallOutstanding. I tell every board member, advisor, and business I meet to get it. A real game changer.
Pros1) Task management - the system chases up individuals and more gets done. 2) Faster agendas - great templates and easy to copy/paste. 3) Faster minutes - and more fun to write up too! 4) Professionalism - lifts my advisory boards to a more formal standard
Cons- Can't copy agenda templates from other clients

By BoardPro on July 31, 2019
Hi Geoff, thanks for your great feedback. You may wish to add your 'cons' comment to the ideas portal here https://ideas.boardpro.io. Thanks again. Sean McDonald
July 26, 2019
Wyn O.
August 1, 2019

“A simple way to raise the quality of our governance.”

OverallOur organisation has a parent entity and four subsidiaries. BoardPro has greatly improved the manner in which we prepare for, conduct, and report on the Board meetings that we hold.
ProsBoardPro helps organise the process of governance. It is easy to use and it drives both the process of decision-making and the record keeping function across the various key activities of governance.
ConsA very small thing, when adding a Governance document to the Agenda it provides a link rather than draws down a copy of the document. We are looking forward to the release of the Board calendar function.

By BoardPro on August 5, 2019
Thanks Wyn, we can't wait to release the new calendar functionality. We have it in test at the moment. Let us know if you would like to review the project BETA. Regards Sean
Vanessa W.
Stakeholder Relations Manager
Utilities, 11-50 employees
September 22, 2019

“From the perspective of a newbie”

OverallFantastic, streamlined, and structured to date.
ProsI'm new to the role of board secretary, so I've found this super painless to use. I'm not coming from anything else, manual or otherwise. It's intuitive, I love the autosave functions, I just generally like the way it operates. I also really liked the tutorials that really helped me familiarise myself with the software from the get-go, and I'll probably do them again soon now that I've played around with it for a few months.
ConsSometimes I'd get a bit confused about things like action items not appearing in the agenda, and realised I'd have to download the full board pack to get that. I'm not quite sure what the board members see sometimes. For instance, I'm not quite sure on the structure of comments from action points when going through them in the board meeting - BUT to ensure I've adequately captured the minutes and the conversations around those action points, I've put them in the action points themselves. I think the board might be able to see those now? As it may not be in an edit safe version. I'm not sure. Some of this is likely from lack of experience.

By BoardPro on September 30, 2019
Fantastic review Vanessa, I have passed your comments on to our development team. Regards Sean McDonald
Tim F.
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2019

“Board Pro is the way forward”

OverallSports Administration has many differing levels of technology ability. Having one system that is simple to use helps user focus on the important matters at hand not worry about how to write and distribute information to the relevant stakeholders. The support has been great when we need it and overall the experience with Board Pro has been very positive.
ProsIt makes finding, taking and distributing minutes fast and efficient. It is not a problem to take minutes so there is a good rotation of minute takers. Organising the next meeting is a breeze and reminders make sure everyone is aware of where and when they need to meet. Action items are included into the minutes with a date so everyone can see what is on track what needs attention. All the governance documents are easily accessible as well which saves time and keeps everyone well organised.
ConsIt works well and takes a few meeting to get used to how the layout and system works.

By BoardPro on October 16, 2019
Hi Tim, That was awesome feedback. Thanks for taking so much time with your review. I have passed on your great comments to the development and support teams. Best Regards Sean McDonald
Amy W.
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

“BoardPro Review”

OverallIt has definitely saved me a lot of time in preparing Board reports. From spending hours putting them together manually, to uploading reports and letting BoardPro create the pack for me - it's great! And the BoardPro team always respond quickly to any issues or questions I have - good customer service can be hard to come by! BoardPro is often being updated and expanded so you can do more on it.
ProsThe ease of using it. It is so easy to create agendas and report packs, record minutes, record actions, and so much more. It is also great to have a center point for save all documents the Board need to access instead of documents being saved in all different areas.
ConsA couple of glitches here and there eg I will click down to highlight something to copy or delete but once I unclick the mouse, the highlight disappears. Also a couple of things I'd like to be able to do on there, I can't, but the staff are open to these ideas and there is an idea area where you can suggest things you want on there.

By BoardPro on September 4, 2019
Thanks for your review Amy, We are always trying to improve the user experience of BoardPro and our Ideas portal (https://ideas.boardpro.io/) is the way we receive feedback from our users around the globe. Feel free to reach out any time. Regards Sean McDonald
Daniela T.
Research, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“Board and 2 Sub Committees Accounts with BoardPro”

OverallCommunication with Board and S/Cs is going well as a result of using BoardPro, we are all connected and accessing any recent or old documents at the click of a button.
ProsEnvironmentally friendly, moving away from hard copies. Accessing and updating at any point any papers or governance documents. Being a live system. We are very connected with the Board and S/Cs.
ConsThe formatting is limited. The formatting is not working in all areas of BoardPro.

By BoardPro on September 1, 2019
Hi Daniela, thanks for your kind feedback. Regards Sean McDonald
August 27, 2019
William D.
Chief Executive
October 25, 2017

“Making good boards great is what BoardPro is all about”

OverallWe have saved time and money improved forward planning and communication, it's been a game changer.
ProsFor those that are needing an idea where to start, BoardPro gives you that. For those that then need flexibility to adapt their board meeting, BoardPro handles it with ease. For those directors and chair's that sit on multiple entities, BoardPro is a must have. On the move needing access when you what where you are, BoardPro is Cloud based. Quite simple it's a game changer
ConsThis product is constantly being developed, as such you need to be using it regularly to get the full benefit. Training for those directors who are still used to paper board packs will need a little extra effort to help on-board them well
October 25, 2017
Jacqueline S.
Finance Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
September 25, 2019

“Haven't looked back”

OverallWith using BoardPro we have a central point of documentation and minutes, along with a regular streamlined Agenda. This was the best thing for our organisation's Board and by moving with the times it saved me time.
ProsThe ease in set up and the adaptability to our organisation
ConsHaven't found anything yet that bugs me so there are no Cons

By BoardPro on October 2, 2019
Hi Jacqueline, thanks for your review. Great to see you getting good value from Boardpro. Regards Sean McDonald
September 25, 2019
Sean M.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 7, 2019

“Could not live withour Boardpro”

OverallWhat I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. It was also effortless to setup and the BoardPro team were there if I needed them. I have used dozens of 'Cloud Apps' and without exception, most had steep learning curves and ' time to value'. BoardPro is an exception this. Within 30 minutes, I had built my first board pack and distributed the meeting agenda and items to my directors.
ProsWhat I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. ' Time to value' was exceptionally fast. Within 30 minutes I had built my first board pack and had distributed the meeting agenda and documents to my directors.
ConsLike all great Saas platforms, the early days were a bit challenging but the counter to this was the awesome service provided by the Boardpro team. They were always there to lend a helping hand.
February 7, 2019
Ron C.
Mission Support Manager
International Trade and Development, 5001-10,000 employees

“As A User”

OverallBoardpro is used by our endorsing and approval committees and Governing Council for the concept, proposal and development stages of international development projects. As these projects involve Australian Government funding and public donations, strict and complex protocols need to be adhered to and Boardpro allows required accountability processes to be presented and managed in a ready and easy to use approach.
ProsFrom the moment you log in to Boardpro and navigate your way to the appropriate meeting, with agenda and meeting notes, all procedures are arranged in an easy to use and intuitive process. No instructions are needed and no puzzling directions are encountered. Traversing agenda items and subject notes is a breeze. No piles of paper shuffling here. Also surprising is the amount of information that can be contained and presented in an orderly and readable fashion, making any board meeting less stressful from the beginning. It's 'hats off' to Broadpro from this appreciative user.
ConsAs a user only, I haven't really found any negatives. From the timely reminders of upcoming meetings and personal action items required, to the friendly and helpful availability of the 'smiling' team members if questions arise, to the universal accessibility of Boardpro being an internet based program, what negatives can there be? None!

By BoardPro on September 1, 2019
Hi Ron, Thanks for your awesome review. It's always a thrill to see read such great feedback about BoardPro. Regards Sean McDonald
Areta K.
Secretary
Facilities Services, 501-1000 employees

“Feedback for Boardpro”

OverallFor the purpose it was set up for it is great. I first experienced Boardpro through our Church. As a Marae committee we are well placed to adapt this programme to our needs. Maybe you could add some Maori labels for users in the Company section.
ProsTechnology is here to stay. We are a Maori Marae Committee on the East Coast outside of Gisborne. The layout of Boardpro is easy to read and use. Most of our members coming on are computer literate. It seemed best to retire leaving them with a too that works for our Committee. Im sure we would be one of the few Maori Marae Committee using your software. Your friendly support service is fantastic. I couldn't find answers as a Maori Organisation to fit your Company questions. We represent the Haapu of Ngati Konohi. We have many volunteers not employees. Would love to host a visit for you all.
ConsIt was easy to read and follow for an absolute novice (that's me). It is set out clearly ad with little computer knowledge was easy to follow. I really enjoyed being able to talk to a live person or answer to the questions provided. Once completed ones minutes looked very well set out and easy to ready.. I applaud the "Action" sheet.

By BoardPro on October 16, 2019
KIa Ora Areta, kei te pai, It was a real pleasure reading your review. I have passed your great comments on to the support team who I know will be thrilled. Nga mihi ki a koe Sean McDonald
Donna M.
board member
Non-Profit Organization Management, 5001-10,000 employees

“not for profit”

Overallexcellent
Prosas board member come and go everything is in one place and easy to find
Consthe new timeline of way meetings are laid out the old way was more user friendly

By BoardPro on August 12, 2019
Hi Donna, Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the UI team. Regards Sean McDonald
John W.
CFO
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
July 30, 2019

“Easy to use, value for money, big time saver”

OverallI am CFO and company secretary without a PA or other support. This means I am responsible for organising meetings, setting agenda, preparing board packs and drafting minutes. BoardPro means the time I spend on these tasks is reduced by 80-90% and the outputs look more professional too!
ProsSimplicity of use. Great agenda building and board pack generation. Quick minutes.
ConsXL attachments not rendered as part of pdf board pack. Lack of integration with Outlook Calendar.

By BoardPro on August 1, 2019
Hi John, thanks for your comments and feedback. The reason we don't upload excel sheets to BoardPro is their complexity of content, formatting and formulas. Sorry about that. The Outlook calendar integration is on our roadmap. Regards Sean McDonald
July 30, 2019
Catherine L.
Banking, 11-50 employees
September 8, 2019

“High Recommendation of BoardPro”

OverallCreating Board packets and sharing them with Directors has been made as easy and simple as possible and taken a lot of the stress out of that particular work load.
ProsI have served a number of Boards over my career and have never before used a tool which makes the creating, collating and distribution of Board papers so easy and relatively effortless. It assists with the creation of the agenda and makes uploading relevant papers to each agenda item very simple. Executives find it easy to use so, if they wish, they are able to upload their own papers rather than having to rely on administrative assistance. Taking notes and creating minutes during the meetings themselves is made very simple, along with the creation of Action items. These items are shared directly with the person required to take action. Automatic reminders are sent to those same people, so while the Board Secretary needs to ensure that these action items are carried out, the onus for ensuring reminders are sent no longer rests with them.
ConsThere's really nothing not to like. BoardPro remains a living being. The company is very open to suggestions of improvements, which are constantly being sought and implemented. I cannot recommend this product more highly.

By BoardPro on September 10, 2019
Thanks Catherine, I almost fell off my chair when I read your fantastic review. Thanks so much. Regards Sean McDonald
September 8, 2019
Brian B.
Managing Director
Sports, 51-200 employees

“Use in New Zealand”

OverallExcellent, and the team have been brilliant with any queries I've had. I also love the rolling updates, we regularly get new features.
ProsI have a number of clients who dont have the financial ability to have a board secretary. I use this software for all of them as it pulls all papers, minutes etc into one place that trustees can see on screen during meetings.
ConsNot much. If i had one wish it would be that i could have a single sign on and then select which of the 4 organisations i have on it i want to use. But its a very minor request.

By BoardPro on July 3, 2019
Hi Brian, Thanks for your feedback. We are releasing a new feature on the BoardPro navigation which will provide a solution to your feedback. We expect to have this launched by late July. Regards Sean McDonald
Dave B.
Managing Director
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
August 2, 2019

“Best Practice Board Reporting at a Fraction of the Price”

OverallBoardPro drives our governance reporting in a tidy, timely and cost efficient manner. It's been great.
ProsAs a cloud based resource Boardpro allows all our Directors and their respective support teams to access board papers and make comments/mark-ups effortlessly without printing 100's of pages needlessly. It's standardized best practice design helps drive better governance.
ConsIn early days there were several feature lacking - the BoardPro team has listened and now gotten well ahead of what we think is missing to actually providing new features we love but would never have thought of asking for.

By BoardPro on August 11, 2019
Hi Dave, thanks for your great comments. The development team has been working hard this year to add new functionality to BoardPro. Regards Sean McDonald
August 2, 2019
Kristin R.
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 26, 2019

“Boardpro”

OverallGreat experience and support
ProsEase of use Professionalism of materials
ConsHaving agenda items not transferred to minutes have to cut and paste if you want them in the minutes.

By BoardPro on October 3, 2019
Hi Kristin, Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. Please reach out to us on chat to discuss the issue you were having. I'm sure we can help you with that Regards Sean McDonald
September 26, 2019
Tony C.
GM
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2019

“A great way to streamline reporting and improve governance”

OverallI have applied now BoardPro to four companies. I have found directors to quickly adopt the technology - they love having electronic access to prior meeting records at the click of a button.
ProsIntuitive software which takes the heavy lifting out of board meeting prep. Its collaborative and helps the whole senior management team take responsibility for creating and uploading board papers. Vendor is responsive to and quickly adds new functionality or improves existing functionality.
ConsNothing - need to be careful of version control if adding papers after they have already been downloaded.

By BoardPro on August 5, 2019
Thanks for the feedback Tony, Let us know if you need help with versioning. It can be a bit tricky as you know.
Wendy L.
Sports, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2019

“Boardpro helped our Association focus on governance”

OverallWe took on Boardpro as part of our goal to improve our Governance focus and the structure of Boardpro has allowed us to achieve this goal by being awarded a SportNZ Governance Mark award.
ProsThat we could customise our agendas to suit our organsiation and that all the board papers were in one place
ConsLearning to use new software is always a challenge if this is not your core business but both my GM and myself found Boardpro to be user friendly and well supported.

By BoardPro on June 24, 2019
Thanks for your feedback Wendy, reach out anytime if you need help Regards Sean McDonald
Michael W.
Company Secretary
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“BoardPro is just great”

OverallOverall extremely positive. Great feedback from Directors and others. No problems with loading and accessing Board papers (this was always an issue before Boardpro was installed).
ProsEase of use, speed with which meeting agendas can be compiled, papers prepared and Boardpacks consolidated, ability to put annotations onto Agenda papers and preserve them until meeting starts, ease of access to important governance documents, automatic follow up on outstanding Action Items. easy handling of last minute agenda changes and late papers.
ConsLack of flexibility about design of look and feel of the minutes. Editing of Minutes sometimes a problem since not all parties have ready access to being able to edit pdf files and are not familiar enough with the construction back end to be able to edit on-line via login.

By BoardPro on June 23, 2019
Hi Michael, Thanks for your great feedback. I have passed your comments over to our COO
Imelda D.
Business Services Manager
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees
October 24, 2017

“BoardPro is the most effective meeting management tool I've used in a long time. ”

OverallThe time saving from having this software cannot just be measured financially. The benefits are many but mostly to having a consistent board meeting structure, approach and set up. I have already recommended this product to anyone I meet that could use it.
ProsIt is very intuitive, fields are customisable, its not rocket science and it makes our work lives so much more effective. The team provide updates that are relevant and simple. I love that I can customise our own agenda to suit our work place.
ConsIts not this software, but I would love to be able to create a repository where every paper I upload is held, is easily searchable and has any actions or decisions assigned to that topic also held in a trackable area - but all of that is in my head and hard to describe :) - I remain totally happy with BoardPro and the team that provide the support. Thank you.
Tony P.
National Manager
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“Changing from paper, envelopes and couriers”

ProsThe speed that board papers can be put together. We have 7-10 contributors for each meeting, and submission deadlines run close to the meeting to ensure the most up to date information is provided. All users have full access rights - this ensures a higher level of collaboration and urgency is internally driven, rather than the administrator having to keep on top of deadlines.
ConsThere is no capacity for multi-day meetings, this would help significantly expand our utilisation.

By BoardPro on August 11, 2019
Thanks Tony, Multi-day meetings are quite hard with BoardPro as you know. I have passed your feedback on to the product development team. Regards Sean McDonald
VICKI E.
Trustee
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2019

“Excellent software - very user-friendly!”

OverallAs a trustee, it's important we get all the documents needed for our meetings in a timely manner and Boardpro ensures this - items can also be updated instantly and notifications are sent out straight away. It is also so easy to find information and items on the agenda before and during meetings, which is important because the meetings are busy and we don't have time to muck around. The timeline is great too, because it allows users to go back to any past meeting.
ProsBoardpro is really to use - even for those who aren't tech-savvy. It is clear and easy to navigate. If you have any questions, the online chat is available and personalised too, which is so reassuring. The separate sections such as 'decision register', 'governance documents' and the 'people list' make it über easy to source information at the drop of a hat.
ConsI honestly tried to find something to critique about Boardpro but I just couldn't! It serves every purpose for me.

By BoardPro on August 28, 2019
Vicki, Thanks for your kind words of support. It's reviews like yours that really make us smile each day Regards Sean McDonald
August 26, 2019
Julie C.
Account Manager
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
June 25, 2019

“Boardpro has become an office our record library”

OverallOverall the product is easy to use, a great source of holding documents for future reference.
ProsHolds records of all our historic meetings and minutes can be captured directly during a meeting. There is the option to make changes as needed and import documents and text from other documents. This saves a lot of time in compiling information for a meeting. Once you start using it you won't be able to go without it.
ConsIt takes a while to get used to the outlay of the navigation page but it gets easier with each use.

By BoardPro on June 27, 2019
Hi Julie, thanks for your awesome review. We are constantly working on the user interface to make things easier for our users. Thanks again for your feedback.
June 25, 2019
Tamara A.
Head of Resources
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“Board Pro recommendation”

OverallOverall experience is very good and very happy with the product.
ProsOnline software and easy to use, add different committees as required, and had the capability to the print version of the documents. Have different levels of access, capability store master document for the Board level and each subcommittees.
ConsThe text box when writing minutes and building the agenda it a challenging. Some improvement in this functionality.
Pamela S.
November 8, 2017

“BoardPro provides easy to use, cost effective software for managing board documentation for SME's.”

OverallBoardPro allow our nonprofit board to streamline our agenda creation, minute taking, board pack distribution and management of action items between meetings. It provided an easy-to-use interface for creating agendas between the GM and Board Chair when they are working at a distance from each other. BoardPro allowed us to introduce more professionalism into our board practices.
ProsI particularly like how easy it is to produce a tidy board book in a usable format for board members in accordance with their personal preference (e.g. paper-based or electronic). And I also like the action reminder emails - keeps everything moving forward between meetings. BoardPro's online customer service is first rate - if I have a query while developing an agenda or document, I always get a very quick response.
ConsI'd like the ability to customize the board pack a bit more, such as adding 'for information only' sections outside of the agenda or having standing attachments, such as the board work plan, so that I don't have to attach it each time.
November 8, 2017
Bridget O.
October 24, 2017

“My experience has been very positive with using Boardpro, it is easy to use and saves time”

OverallSaving of my time, paper and money (no longer printing out board papers and couriering them to board members), ease of access for board members, less stress and more time to concentrate on other areas of the role when board papers are due to be sent out. I would highly recommend any small to medium business converting to Boardpro
ProsEase of use, saves time and is stressless. Easy to create an agenda and modify agenda items and move documents, minute taking is effortless, action points are circulated to board members. The team are proactive in making improvements to Boardpro which is great to see.
ConsSometimes the minutes take up too many pages when it is printed due to the formatting. I would also like to see more options for present, early departure and lateness added which I will email Boardpro directly about.
Wayne C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
October 15, 2019

“Outstanding Product”

OverallMakes agenda building very simple. I have to compile board papers so it has made this much easier for me to add, move and change. Loading the agenda from a previous meeting is very handy.
ProsEase of access for board members, allocation of action items and live minute taking.
ConsNothing so far, our users are very happy.

By BoardPro on October 16, 2019
Hi Wayne, Thanks so much for your review. It's always a pleasure to read the positive feedback from our users around the world. Regards Sean McDonald
October 15, 2019
Bruce A.
CFO
Banking, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2019

“Board governance made easy ”

OverallThe new features and development of the product is very good, listening to customers and delivering on their requirements.
ProsCloud based. One place to store all the board documentation, i.e. minutes, papers, directors interests, governance, action items and decisions made. Easy to find refer back to previous meetings. Important and potential sensitive information is not emailed to Directors. When a director leaves the board you can easily delete his access to BoardPro.
ConsIt can be difficult to take minutes and show items relating to the agenda items at the same time if you are using a projector.

By BoardPro on September 12, 2019
Thanks for your feedback Bruce. We have a release coming out within the next few weeks which I am sure you will be pleased with. The product and dev team have done a fantastic job, assisted from client input like yourself.
September 11, 2019
Donald N.
International Trade and Development, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“BoardPro Simplifies Board reporting”

ProsThe ability to set an agenda, great best practice agenda topics and organisation, as well as a low price point means a small organisation can afford to take advantage of this platform. Being able to send the board papers to the board without attachments is really useful. Minute taking and action lists are really simplified and sped up with this platform.
ConsThere aren't many issues we have difficulty with regarding the software, so I won't list any here.

Hello Donald, Thanks for your great feedback. Regards Sean McDonald
Jonathan B.
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Excellent for Education”

OverallOne key advantage we have found has been that while our board packs are significantly larger than in the past, board members are getting better quality information. Previously we would have included some information in the pack and someone would have spoken to the background information t the meeting. Now we are able to include more background information, and mark it as background information or for reference and board members are able to be better prepared for the meetings.
ProsThe system is easy to use, as we have board members with differing levels of computer literacy. BoardPro has sped up the delivery of board packs and minutes while reducing staff time. The reduced costs in printing have been significant.
ConsThere are some limitations to the layouts of board packs, minutes etc but once you are used to them it isn't an issue.

By BoardPro on September 30, 2019
Hi Jonathan, Great to see you enjoying BoardPro. It certainly does save time and reduces the cost of printing Regards Sean McDonald
Marie D.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
July 2, 2019

“Rural Health Alliance Aotearoa NZ ”

ProsI am an administrative nightmare - I am not particularly organised, have little time to put meeting papers together, and it is the part of my role that I dreaded the most. BUT - Boardpro makes me look awesome! It looks like I am organised, that I keep amazing minutes with all the right sign offs and processes in place for auditors; and that I compile logical agendas and meeting papers! And in the least amount of time I have ever spent on meeting papers! Boardpro makes me look like a pro!
ConsI don't have anything I don't like about the software!

By BoardPro on July 22, 2019
Hi Marie, thanks so much for your great review. Great to see that we are making you look awesome :). Best Regards Sean McDonald Head of Marketing and Sales BOARDPRO
July 2, 2019
Jackie Y.

“Huge time savings”

ProsUsing BoardPro has saved not only hours and hours of time preparing for each board meeting. Organisation, documentation and communication with board members is handled well, and everything is in one place. I can't imagine going back to our previous process.
ConsStill challenging to get board members to use the platform.

By BoardPro on September 5, 2019
Hi Jackie, Thanks for your review. You will find over time that your board will eventually come on board. I know what you mean about not being without BoardPro. You wonder how you ever coped without it !! Regards Sean
Megan B.
Waikato Branch Manager
Events Services, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2019

“Minute Taking”

OverallEasy minutes, very easy to take the actions out and they are listed separately rather than having to do it through word.
ProsI love the minute taking side of the software as it is easy to use, follows the agenda easily and you can easily put the content into each section. I also love how you can stop at the end of the meeting and then a day later go in and edit what you have written then complete the draft for the Chairman or MD to review before sending out.
ConsTo be honest I do not have any cons but sometimes it is very slow in going from section to section but that could be done to the internet at the different places.

By BoardPro on July 26, 2019
Hi Megan, I really enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for the awesome feedback. Regards Sean
July 24, 2019
Grant M.
Station Officer
Public Safety, 1001-5000 employees

“Me and Boardpro”

OverallReally good with the added benefit to link up with others in similar fields of expertise.
ProsEase of use, one stop shop and very functional.
ConsNot much really. Sometimes I seem to get alot of notifications.

By BoardPro on October 6, 2019
Thanks Grant, You can change the notifications in your Organisations settings/Automation window. Best Regards Sean McDonald
Krystyna B.
Sports, Self-employed
October 24, 2017

“My experience was exceptional. Enabled quick processing of critical information. Highly recommend.”

OverallPersonally I found the software enable the meetings we help to run much better, with a flow of information prior, during and afterward far superior to manually documenting the meeting process. Please note we are a sporting entity with no employed staff. The company size question below does not allow for a volunteer answer. I am grateful for the opportunity to have access to Board-Pro.
ProsThe ability to capture discussion formulate outcomes, and followup tasks assigned correctly as the meeting progressed, saving time and providing a fast and efficient record.
samantha j.
GM
June 19, 2019

“really like this software”

OverallI have found that it cuts down my admin time and Board members are better prepared for meetings
ProsI am not techy and i find it easy to use and great to refer to for past meetings. The Boardpacks are easily produced and popular with my board members. I had to use the online live help once and it was the best i have encountered anywhere. Feels like old fashioned customer service in a high tech world. Get it... you wont regret it!
Consi can't think of any. We have been very happy with it.

By BoardPro on June 24, 2019
Hi Samantha, it was so great to hear your response as to our service. We strive to be the best in the industry where service is concerned. Reach out anytime Regards Sean McDonald
Chris B.
Chair
October 29, 2017

“BoardPro makes managing the governance process more efficient and convenient.”

ProsThe software is intuitive so it is easy to quickly upload Board agendas, write minutes during the meeting, retrieve old meeting documentation and have your own assigned actions emailed directly to you. It is also useful to steer new Directors to a document repository as part of their induction.
ConsThe software is evolving quickly so more features will arrive in time e.g. online voting, online meetings within the software.
October 29, 2017
Penelope R.
Trustee
Education Management, 201-500 employees
September 3, 2019

“Review of Boarder for use as board member.”

OverallGood, easy to use and functions well generally.
ProsI like it is all in one place across all my devices and changes and notes saved into documents.
ConsI find it a little hard to navigate I don't like having to go back to meeting list to go to next meeting notes it would be good to be able go straight to the next meeting. I also find its a bit frustrating when it logs out during a meeting.

By BoardPro on September 5, 2019
Hi Penelope, Thanks for your honesty. Please reach out on chat if you would like to book a time with our customer success team. You can also book into any of our daily training sessions here https://www.boardprohub.com/resources/join-webinar/ Regards Sean McDonald
Ross P.
Business Operations Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 1, 2019

“Super efficient and super easy board controls”

OverallUse it for our School Board of Trustees and find it helps with all administrative responsibilities of the Board.
ProsEasy access to all related board meeting information. Easy minuting of board discussions and decisions. Handy application of an action to a board member with timely reminders of outstanding actions. Paperless board packs means cost efficiencies along with the ability of our Board to self manage the secretarial support requirements through using Boardpro. Super easy interface.
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like about it.

Thanks so much for your great review Ross. Regards Sean McDonald
Holly M.

“Great value for money!”

OverallWe were looking for a secure, online platform to host Board agendas, minutes, risk registers, and actions, with a historical library of past minutes. BoardPro is a great platform which delivers everything we need in an easy to use and intuitive software. As an Association, value for money is important, and BoardPro delivers great value.
ProsOnline, secure administration portal for our Board meetings with fast and helpful support.
ConsAdditional minute taking features would be nice, but not critical that they are lacking.

By BoardPro on October 6, 2019
Thanks for your great comment around our support team Holly. We try super hard to provide awesome customer support. Great feedback for our team. Regards Sean McDonald
Capital Markets, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2019

“Great Convenience ”

OverallKeeping our information, especially about the actions to be taken by the company, online is a huge plus. We can log in at any time and check progress in retrogression. This helps for future planning and adjusting our course of action going into the future. More so, we enjoy the reminders on the actions, they help keep us on track.
ProsThis is the best cloud-based board management software for our small business. It saves us a lot of time and takes out a lot of weight in preparing meeting agendas, and minutes. A huge plus is also a system in place that helps track progress on the actions agreed upon.
ConsSaving the time by tying direct into the software does not really save you time when you are not accurate with your typing. There is no Undo button in there, and it causes a lot of problems for non-accurate typists, or simply wastes time as you would want to make sure that you type slowly, to capture accurate words, and spellings.
September 18, 2019