WiseTime Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.8/5
4.8/5

About WiseTime

Autonomous timekeeping for legal professionals, WiseTime is a seamless, automatic time tracking program that you will enjoy using! Every minute you work is captured in your private timeline and allocated to the correct client and case at the click of a button. No manual tracking. No start and stop. Magic Learn more about WiseTime

Computer Software, Unspecified
April 2, 2018

“Consultants needing to track time & activity on client projects”

OverallTrack client billable & non-billable time. Increased our billable hours by 17% by tracking lost time and also increased our productivity by not losing hours spent filling out manual time sheets each week.
ProsMy team and I were trying to find an automated time tracker for how long we spend on specific client projects & jobs. Some projects are individual and others we work together as a team but remotely. The Team version let us report on the total team's time spent & activities on these projects. We also have an audit trail for any client request. We tried the start and stops time trackers, but they all had obvious user faults if you forget to start/stop and/or the time it took to allocate time to each little project. We have many projects and needed something to allow us to still multitask and track the billable hours we spend on clients, along with the non-billables to optimize our in-office & remote team efforts. With the software installed on our computers we just go about our normal day and the WiseTime software tracks our time and activity on everything we do in the background, love that! Then at any point, we can review our time on the online Console (dashboard) and do any client/job allocations. It has an a handy auto-tagging feature that auto tags/labels our time spent on client projects & jobs by scanning each activity for a predefined keyword list. A nice feature for my own personal privacy is the privacy exclusion which lets me add software or websites to exclude from the tracking, ie if I'm taking a break and checking personal e-mail, Skyping, Amazon shopping, etc. It just automatically doesn't track them if I include them in the list. Gave me peace of mind.
ConsNo mobile app. Would be nice to have, but I'm still able to allocate onsite meetings manually on my iPhone's browser. Doesn't track attendance, but that wasn't what we were focused on.
April 2, 2018
Isabelle D.
Trademark agent
Legal Services, Self-employed
February 18, 2020

“Surprising when you discover what you do daily.”

OverallI would like to exploit it more efficiently but must admit that it has alrealy changed my daily work.
ProsI could trace my daily actions through a report and realized that, alghouth I work very hard, my actions were scattered. it help me to plan my work efficiency and it works because I can keep an eye on my daily work.
ConsI must briefly rewrite my tasks for billing in order that the client understands what I did.

By WiseTime on February 20, 2020
Thanks for your review Isabelle. We're always happy to hear that our tool helps people work more efficiently. Regarding the re-writing of your tasks for billing, we have a function that allows you to group the activities together and add a narrative description for your client reports. Check out this short video: https://help.wisetime.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032966394-Grouping-Time-Entries-Adding-Narratives
Inez H.
Managing Director
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
February 14, 2020

“Excellent addition to time logging software”

OverallI can cross reference WiseTime when creating my invoices to ensure that Customers are getting good value for money.
ProsIt logs what I'm doing automatically so I don't need to think about manually logging my time.
ConsIt only stores the data for one month. It is difficult to easily consolidate the information tracked The application occasionally conflicts with other software, i.e. does not allow the installation of IBM Rapport Security Software whilst active.

By WiseTime on February 17, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review Inez. We are happy to hear that WiseTime has relived you of the need to think about timekeeping. Please also note that the Pro and Enterprise plans allow you to store data for up to 2 years so you might find these useful. Don't hesitate to get in touch at contact@wisetime.com if you have any questions about plans or features.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
February 14, 2020

“Where Has This Been All My Life”

ProsI've been tracking my time for years for billing purposes and like many professionals I often have to fill the gaps by reviewing my diary and emails at the end of the month. The autonomous feature of Wisetime is a game changer for me.
ConsNot being able to add tags after posting.

By WiseTime on February 17, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with WiseTime, and we are happy to hear that the app has helped you to spend less time manually piecing together your month. We have also taken your feedback on board regarding editing tags after posting.
Carolina D.
Supervisor
March 21, 2018

“Monitoring of commercial tasks and analyzing competing companies.”

OverallWe could use WiseTime easily generate and send reports through the console online. We have set up reports to be scheduled for specific dates or timestamps, and are generated as PDF or Excel files.
ProsBest of WiseTime is that collects data without an Internet connection, so users need not be connected.
ConsThe function of WiseTime Console is based on the cloud, and you can not access this module when you are not connected to the Internet. This is definitely a negative for the operation of the software aspect.
March 21, 2018
Richard K.
Structural Engineering Designer
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

“Wisetime consumer review”

OverallI've enjoyed the simplicity and effectiveness of the software. I like how it automatically runs when i turned on the computer. Makes filling out my timesheets way easier and stress free.
ProsThe automated time and activity tracking.
ConsActivity tracking when using a different software could be more specific. Sometimes when I review my past activities its difficult to distinguish which tasks it was for.

By WiseTime on February 19, 2020
Thanks for your review Richard, it's great to hear that WiseTime is saving you time and stress. We've also taken your feedback on board as we continue to improve the way WiseTime helps you to review your activities quickly.
Riccardo B.
Patent Engineer
Law Practice, 11-50 employees

“Good Software”

OverallVery Happy
ProsIt is very easy and intuitive to use. Automatic recognition of Tags is useful as well as easy grouping and ungrouping
ConsReports should have more functionalities. Time periods in which Wisetime is off, should have more options. Ranges in which Wise time is on (e.g. 8am to 8pm) would be useful.

By WiseTime on February 16, 2020
Hi Riccardo, thank you for taking the time to review WiseTime. We are in the process making improvements to our reporting functionality, so your feedback is very important to us and duly noted. If you have any further feedback or requests, don't hesitate to let us know at contact@wisetime.com
Gustavo A.
Engineer
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

“Bill clients correctly”

ProsI get to group projects and bill those hours to the correct client. I also like the feature for idle time because I step away for a meeting and am able to bill the meeting.
ConsThe titles for the time stamp is the title of the document I am using. It may only be my case but I use the same name for various projects so I sometimes get confused on what project I was working on. An automatic screen shot feature would easily solve this problem.

By WiseTime on February 18, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us Gustavo. It's greatly appreciated as we continue to improve the application.
Elizabeth S.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self-employed
February 13, 2020

“Easy to Use and Accurate”

ProsIt integrates very well with Clio and the time goes automatically into Clio without additional steps
ConsAllows you to post untagged items and you cannot redo. A warning would be helpful

By WiseTime on February 16, 2020
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are glad the Clio integration is working well for you. Regarding the posting of untagged time, you can edit this setting to not allow any untagged time to get posted. See number 7 here: https://help.wisetime.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033535033-Team-Settings. We hope this helps :)
Tobias L.
Head of IT
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
February 17, 2020

“easy to use, privacy first”

Pros- easy to use, through automatic tracking - privacy first: only you can see what you did, your supervisor first can see it after you posted it
Cons- some updates are not as stable then others, but these don't last long and maybe I'm subscribed on the beta-upgrades

By WiseTime on February 18, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback Tobias. We're glad that our emphasis on personal privacy is working well for you. You can check if you are on the Beta Channel in Preferences and update it to Stable if you prefer: https://help.wisetime.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033496553-Your-App-Updates-Preferences
Mazyar M. H.
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2020

“Perfect Fit”

OverallWise time is easy to use, integrates perfectly with my practice-management system, and helps me to automate time-keeping so I can concentrate on the work.
ProsIntegrates with my practice-management software (Clio); let's me quickly organize and send time to be billed
ConsToo granular at times (so it takes too long to use); needs to improve its task recognition (AI)
February 20, 2020
Casey B.
Principal
Writing and Editing, Self-employed

“Wise Time is fantastic”

OverallCustomer service is great. I was so surprised when I needed assistance once to get a phone call from a real person half-way around the world.
ProsThe software works in the background and is so easy to use!
ConsOn occasion, if I restart my computer, I have to restart the program.

By WiseTime on February 14, 2020
Thank you for your review Casey, we're so glad to hear that WiseTime is working well for you. The restart behaviour you have mentioned should not be the case. We will contact you separately to resolve that issue :)
Malachi W.
Student
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 25, 2018

“Time Tracker”

ProsI like that it can track your activities on your computer and give a summary about your time usage and it also has the ability to exclude tracking certain apps and can function without the internet.
ConsI don't have anything that I dislike about this product, it perfectly suits my needs.
October 25, 2018
Eric P.
Partner
Law Practice, 11-50 employees

“Great Product”

OverallVery Good.
ProsIt helps you stay organized and you can refer back to see what you have worked on. As an attorney who lives on the billable hour this is a way to be honest and to justify your fees. Great product!
ConsIt would be better if the program allowed more detail before you submit the request to go to Clio -- its very limited and not user friendly.

By WiseTime on February 21, 2020
Thanks for the feedback Eric, we love that WiseTime is helping you bill better. We'd also love to know more about your feedback regarding Clio. We are always looking to improve and your input is greatly appreciated. Your account manager will be in touch to chat.
Cathleen G.
Executive Office, Self-employed
February 18, 2020

“Easy for First Time User”

OverallI am using to track research time and time spent on work for various clients in my consulting business
ProsEase of set up and ability to customize and personalize tracking
ConsIt did take me a little bit of trial and error to use - and the instructions were pretty high level.

By WiseTime on February 20, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to review WiseTime Cathleen. We're glad that the tool is working well for you. These short videos might help to explain a few key functions to help you maximise your use: https://help.wisetime.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033008614-Quick-Start-User-Guide Or you can always book a short demo to get a run through from one of our team: https://wisetime.com/contact/?enquiry-type=Request+a+demo
Megan E.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self-employed
February 19, 2020

“Wise Choice for My Time!”

ProsI absolutely love the fact that WiseTime automatically tracks my hours, and I can quickly export those hours to CLIO. For the most part, it saves me from the pain of remembering to track my hours each day.
ConsThe mechanics of the features could be a little easier to use.

By WiseTime on February 21, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to review us Megan. We are thrilled to know that WiseTime is taking the pain out of timekeeping for you :)
Marc H.
Partner
Law Practice, 51-200 employees

“Greaat Tool”

ProsWiseTime helps me do my diaries. Almost every month, the app reminds me to bill matters that I would otherwise have neglected to record time to.
ConsThe program does not track phone calls. Another tool that I used at a prior firm did track phone calls and that was helpful.