ReferralHero Ratings

Overall

About ReferralHero

Developed for marketers and founders, it is an all-in-one solution to increase your website's traffic and customers virally. Learn more about ReferralHero

Financial Services, 11-50 employees
January 3, 2019

“Recommended”

OverallWe wanted to create a viral referral marketing campaign. Maitre helped us do that, and we exceeded our goals.
ProsIt worked as expected, and had some extra functions to boot (integrating it on the site, integration with other apps, floating buttons, broadcast emails, automated emails, extra rewards for participants, high risk subscriber feature). Although no 24/7 support, we did get receive professional assistance when needed.
ConsI have noted this before, but you should really consider 24/7 customer support (or at least telephone support during your office hours) to better serve firms across the globe. More customization options would be great, although not a dealbreaker. Also for high risk subscribers, I believe now we can only delete them one by one or all of them at once. As not all "high risk" ones are actually fake accounts, it would be better if we can filter them on the dashboard and then delete certain groups ourselves. But as we can export them all in Excel, it's not a huge issue.
January 3, 2019
Alex M.
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
March 15, 2019

“Very good support and includes WhatsApp”

OverallThis has been a great additional channel to increase online loan applications. We send out codes only to users who have a good repayment history.
ProsBy far the most important criterion in choosing a platform was that users can share via WhatsApp. This is what our market segment uses most. It is also very good that I can upload my customer list so they don't have to register - I can push out their sharing codes or even embed in our app. Users do not like friction and no one wants to register and confirm an email just for referrals when they have already done that to be our user. Once you play around a few days, it all makes sense. The documentation is very good. Right now if you open a ticket the Founder handles it, and will connect with you on Hangouts if it's a complex problem. I really appreciate the support.
ConsEmail editing is a bit clunky. You have to send out test emails to see how images look on a phone; sometimes they get distorted if the resolution is too large. I would prefer a more feature-rich editor that's designed for mobile.
Renee R.
Apparel & Fashion, 1001-5000 employees
September 18, 2017

“Love this widget,easy to use takes 60 seconds just copy and paste anyone can use it on anywebsite”

OverallWas 100% worth the money I paid and brought the amount of traffic and business I thought it would to our site.
ProsFirst thing that got my attention was there 14 day satisfaction guarantee and how easy it was to get your money back if you found that it wasn't what u thought it would be. It's deff the best way to launch a new product and drive people to your site. Lots of different features and flexibility for you to do your own thing.
ConsThere are a couple bugs to be worked out being a new product them selves. I've read there customer reviews and how there trusted by over 4,000 companies alot of which are well know. If u need customer service there right on it to help anyway they can as fast as they can.
September 18, 2017
March 29, 2019

“Best referral software”

OverallI can leverage my lead generation process.
ProsEasy to use and with a very fast setup.
ConsNo mobile sdk integrations at the moment but I know that the team is working on a new version.
March 29, 2019
Teresa B.
Web Design/Devel.
Retail, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Great Referral Program”

OverallOverall, Maitre looks like it is going to be a great fit to help us venture into a referral program with our customers.
ProsI like that it has a fairly straight-forward interface. It was easy to set up our campaign to test out the features they offer. They make it easy, which is great.
ConsI am not able to find some answers regarding certain subjects in their FAQ or academy section - nothing that stops us from setting things up, but things we were looking for a little more clarification on.
Donatas J.
Startup Marketing Advisor
September 17, 2019

“Great tool for viral marketing”

ProsIt's really easy to use even for non-technical or extremely busy person. It provides few types of referral "engine" so that you don't have to "reinvent the bike".
ConsI was among the early adopters so I paid one time fee for lifetime membership. I'm not a big fan of continues costs when I have to pay monthly fee. But even in this case Referral Hero is worth it.
David S.
Head of Marketing
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
March 15, 2019

“Simple the best referral platform out there”

OverallWe were looking for a software to manage our customer referral program and have been incredibly happy with Maître ever since we have found them. They have made it easy for us to build, manage and optimize our campaign. 10/10 recommended.
ProsWe have spent a lot of time evalutaing referral platforms but Maître blew everyone else out of the water. Their Automation emails are really amazing and their support is world class.
ConsWe wanted a custom design so we had to spend a few hours fiddling with CSS but that's not a limit of the platform.
Nitesh M.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2017

“One of the Initial users and still loving it.”

OverallIt is extremely easy to set up and highly effective referral based growth hacking tool.
Pros- Extremely easy to set up - Have WordPress plugin as well - Highly effective referral based growth hacking tool. - The best part is that there is no monthly subscription. We just need to pay once. - Almost the cheapest growth hacking tools available in the market when compared to tools like Viral-loops, KingSumo etc.
ConsI would love to see more and more new updates to this tool.
Noah N.
Chief
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
March 16, 2019

“Missing customization features necessary”

OverallSo far I've only set it up pre-campaign twice without launching ... I'm working on that bit of the process again and hope to actually launch a page with Maitre on it soon.
ProsThe viral sharing seems well thought out and optimized for good results
ConsMany aesthetic customization features are missing, making it very difficult to integrate into an existing webpage design without sticking out, typographically, design-wise, etc. The tool already has the ability to customize its appearance in a very limited way - I feel like it'd be a fairly small lift to expose many more parameters or at least have a user-facing bit of documentation that breaks down the constituent components of the style sheet to assist in customization.
March 16, 2019
Etienne G.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“As good as it gets”

ProsVery easy to implement, very easy to manage, customer service is great too. I highly recommend to at least give it a try. It is affordabel and if you don't get results you can cancel you subscription very easily.
ConsI cannot select the size of the display.
September 12, 2019
Aaron J.
Ceo
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2017

“A great tool for any online marketing campaign ”

OverallThis question is far too general, the benefits are broad but if your reading this you probably know them.
ProsIs easy to set up and has great support and is very easy to edit. Whenever I encountered an error support was fast to respond
ConsThe old pricing model changed which has made it more expensive for new companies joining the fun..
Henry R.
Markter
August 1, 2017

“Very easy and efficient”

ProsLove how easy the API is to integrate. Love it. It has been great and there are no costs to the software as far as I can see. The out of the box features are brill.
ConsBut the docs could be improved e.g. the PHP example has a few errors in.
August 1, 2017
Nate S.
Growth
September 13, 2017

“Creating a viral marketing campaign couldn't be easier!”

ProsFantastic integrations with other marketing services like MailChimp and ActiveCampaign. This helps take your viral marketing efforts to the next level by allowing you to build your funnel right into the campaign.
ConsThe hard part is knowing when is the right time or reason to use Maitre. It's a great tool and a very good price point, but it won't do any good if you aren't setup to with a full campaign effort.
Vicky H.
Freelance

“Exceptional results”

Overall- Super easy way to get a referral boost for my business. - No developer needed. I did everything myself. - Lots of integrations with lots of services.
ProsThe best thing about Maître was how easy it was to customize and install. It literally took a few minutes and a simple copy-and-paste. We drove traffic to the page and Maître immediately multiplied our traffic by 45%. At the end of the campaign we got 2700 extra customers referred by our existing customers.
ConsThey could have more option for translating the text on the widget. Also I'd like to see a few extra customization options for emails.
Bruno C.
Developer

“Worth every penny”

ProsSo simple to install. Extremely effective. Fairly priced. A fantastic idea to help achieve viral growth
ConsMaybe a little bit too simple? Would like to be able to edit more features and apply my own CSS to it
Will P.
Technology Specialist
Internet, Self-employed
September 12, 2017

“Well thought out lead generation tool”

OverallIt's grown my mailing list considerably and I look forward to running some sweepstakes soon.
ProsHigh engagement with the lead magnet tool. If you have a targeted list to bolster then it can work wonders to increase you list size.
ConsI think the WordPress plugin needs some work but it's easy to implement manually. The tool works great and ideal for any landing page.
Brady W.
General Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Great tool for growing our contact base!”

OverallGreat experience for this semester, helped us gain a lot of contacts in an easy to manage way.
ProsEasy to set up and install with Google Tag Manager, shortened links are easy to share, good visibility on shares and added contacts, good to see suspicious new contacts to limit exposure
ConsWould like to more easily attribute winners/prizes based on customers shopping with us, rather than just signing up for our referral program.
Troye L.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2017

“I have a small site with minimal traffic and I doubled my traffic in just a few days”

OverallMore traffic
ProsSimple and powerful, it increased my traffic and users many times over. And I really like how it has been constantly improving. I'm a user since the product hunt launch
ConsNothing that hasn't already been fixed... But I guess I would really like a referral/affiliate program
Alessandro B.
Co-Founder and Marketing Director @oooh.events
Internet, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“Perfect growth hacking tool”

OverallThe first time I used it was during the launch of a new cinema in a small italian town, through the typical Leadmagnet campaign (register, then spread to your friends and win a 2x1 ticket for each 5 new registrants). The result? More than 10k registrants in a single month ;-)
Prosfunctionalities and price: it allows to deploy elegant but simple strategies, at a reasonable price
Consnothing: it does exactly what a marketer needs (concerning those growth hacking tools, of course ...)
August 1, 2018
Sonam D.
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

“A very handy tool!”

OverallA new insight into how to engage audiences.
ProsIt's so perfect for getting exponential number of signups with less effort. They have different features such as sweepstakes, refer a friend, analytics which let you see how many people signed up or referred a friend or unsubscribed.
ConsIt's sort of pricey. But I think if you really want to stand out from the crowd, unique strategies are important! And paying a price comes with it.
Oleg G.
CMO
July 25, 2017

“One of the customer rep has been very helpful for the launch of my eCommerce business & the team is very supportive”

Pros- A wide range of tools for every type of growth hacking need - Great UX - very well thought through - Extremely approachable and helpful founder team - Reasonably priced - Constantly improving
Cons- More guidance on how to actually make a campaign into a success - Easier integration with social media - Implementation not always straightforward - Not always clear if sign-ups are spam/bots or real
July 25, 2017
Tristan G.
Business owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed

“Could've been better ”

OverallI signed up with a deal over the Black Friday weekend. I think it was a deal for a year. Upon gaining access to the dashboard I set up a test campaign. I had to reach out to the support to activate it is as it wouldn't happen automatically - like it should have done. When I began creating my first real campaign I ran into exactly the same issue. Not being able to get it to work as intended should I asked for a refund. Cyber Monday I was included in a mailing for a life time deal for less money than I had paid before the weekend. - wasn't happy! My refund didn't come to through. In the end I had to request a charge back from my CC camping before they would isssue the refund.
ProsHad some nice features. I liked that it could be integrated into my existing 'stack'.
ConsCustomer service and software didn't work as it should
Jason L.
September 12, 2017

“Easy to use! Takes you by the hand and walks you step by step through the whole process. ”

OverallViral campaigns to build huge lists!
ProsIt's really so easy to use! I didn't even have to go through the tutorials to get my first campaign up and running. Just answer some questions and you're ready to go viral! Love the entire experience.
ConsThe cost is a bit on the steep side and doesn't give you much flexibility but it does exactly what it says it does so top marks for that!
rambo w.
Engineering Manager
September 12, 2017

“Great and easy way to set up a funnel or leads”

Prostracking referral links. easy to set up a simple mailing list. little development required.
Consdocuments need better documentation. It was hard to find more complex use cases (using maitreapp as a referral system) and how to implement those features. Examples would give us a lot more insight
Thomas E.
COO
September 14, 2017

“Great app for growing a viral waiting list”

ProsReally great, easy to use app which can help grow your mailing list. Pricing is reasonable and the team are friendly when needing help.
ConsYet to use it for anything but a launch of a product. Would be good if there was more information or help on how to get more out of it.
September 14, 2017
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
March 17, 2019

“Good for starters”

OverallTesting a referral program for my business.
ProsIt's easy to use, has a good academy, and does the basic for who wants to start in a referral program as I did
ConsNothing negative so far, works good for free users but has no email integration
March 17, 2019
Saima S.
Student
September 22, 2017

“It was amazing. The software ran smoothly and I liked most of its features.”

ProsI like how convenient it is. I like the features are easy to navigate. The design is also good. Give it an A.
ConsThere was not much I disliked. In fact, I think it's pretty great on its own. The software lagged from time to time but it was great otherwise
Sara K.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2017

“Great, the Maitre team is supportive and helpful ”

ProsIts easy to use, quick to set up and adds so much! I like having the ability to edit the emails and make them our own
ConsLimited functionality, more options needed without coding... With more options it would offer even more!
September 19, 2017
Marc S.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2019

“Great spectrum of referral chanels”

ProsAll possible referral chanels Ease of integration Loks nice and professional
ConsNo possoble integration with Wix platform
Bo S.
COO
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2017

“Overall it's a good tool for building a referral-based waitlist.”

OverallIt allowed us to grow our waitlist through the referral system, which boosted our userbase and helped us generate more investment money and revenue.
ProsThe functionality of the software has helped us grow our waitlist. Also, the one time payment (rather than a monthly subscription) is nice.
ConsIt's difficult to do some custom features with the software. There were several different contests/sign up methods that seem like they should be included, but aren't.
Segilola S.
author
September 12, 2017

“I started to get the app, had a question, sent an email and got no reply.”

Overallzero
Prostheoretically, it's a good app and I felt it would help in promoting my books and even possibly my podcast The Segilola Salami Show.
ConsI had an urgent question, so sent a support email. I never got a reply. So in my opinion, their customer service is non-existent