EasyFarm Ratings

Overall

About EasyFarm

Easy Farm, by Vertical Solutions, provides multiple solutions to fit the specific needs of your farm. Easy Farm Accounting for farm/ranch management, Easy Farm Crop & Field Manager for tracking your field inputs, and our Commercial and Purebred Cattle Manager product for a sophisticated and easy to use herd management tool. Easy Farm has a 13 year track record unmatched in both performance and price. Vertical Solutions has the applications, service, training, and support to meet your needs. Learn more about EasyFarm

Ranching, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“EasyFarm Easy Navigation”

OverallI've been using EasyFarm since 2013. I track a Family Ranching Operation. I use the software to track 5 Cow/Calf herds, a yearling set, and an contract business. Yes it takes a bit to setup all the accounts, but so does every accounting software. If you are unique, and we all are, you need to understand your business. After setting up a software for your accounting, you will understand things a bit more! It is great to have access to current loan information, cow herd cost, or even a phone and address. I would say it would be worth it to pay for support in the beginning as you customize your business you will have questions. Overall, I have enjoyed using EasyFarm and it does do even MORE than what I use it for.
ProsEasy navigation throughout the program. Easily setup the software to track various parts to your farm or ranch. Maybe you have children with their own herd. You can track each. You can easily track expenses and income for each set of projects such as Cow/Calf or Horses or Farming. The software tracks inventory of livestock, grains, even fuel. Very flexible. Plus you can report on the total operation. I was even able to setup an operating account, Liability Checking. Supports Reoccurring transactions which is a must with automatic payments online. Checking account and Liability Checking accounts not only have the Check and Deposit but also Withdrawal option for check card transactions. Backup is a breeze, just tell it where to backup. Support is fantastic! I had to upgrade my computer. Because I had not chose a yearly support, I had to purchase a newer version. Loaded the software and got tremendous support importing my older version of data into the new. Support was there for me all the way!
ConsTruly my only struggles were the basic accounting tasks. Once I wrapped my head around loan payments using "Principal Payments", I haven't had much trouble. One downfall is that you CAN NOT use special characters. No commas, no asterisks, no hyphens.
December 4, 2018
Riley S.
Row Crop Farmer/Engineer
May 21, 2018

“Simple to input transactions, track income/expenses, and generate reports”

ProsEasy Farm has a great selection of reports that make it easy to track income and expenses especially when tax season comes. It comes with a chart of accounts already set up that is tailored to the agriculture industry, but it is also simple to customize for your own operation. My wife and I also have jobs off of the farm. This software is great for helping create budgets and see what family living expense can be cut. I like how easy it is to input transactions, keep track of inventories, and provides a great solution to creating am up-to-date balance sheet. For some it may be a con that it is not "cloud" based and its only on the computer you install it on. However, it creates backups each time you exit the program and since its only on my computer I do not have to worry about unauthorized people "hacking" into my account. Its nice that you don't have to pay a monthly/yearly fee to use the software, unless you decide to purchase support to keep the latest version. The software is very simple to use and transactions are entered to simulate a check or deposit slip. If you need technical assistance you are able to call the support line and talk to someone without having to route through several directories and actually get to speak with a real person who understands agriculture and English.
ConsThe current version still requires you to manually enter all transactions. It would be great to have the program automatically enter transactions from statements or bank account. Also this software is only compatible on Windows devices so I have to run it through parallels since I am using a Macbook. The crop and field manager which is used to keep track of all field activities seems a little confusing to use.
Will W.
FBM Instructor
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2017

“Good product product backed with good customer service.”

OverallSpeed. Multiple selections of reports. Support not only for EasyFarm, but computers in general.
ProsI like EasyFarm because it already has a category list matching farm income and expenses, but can be easily customized to the user. I like how the loans, liability accounts are handled. I like how it handles Liability checking accounts.
ConsInability to put heads and pounds on the initial input screen. people forget to open tab after saving transaction.......once saved they think they are done and can't add more information. Can't allow the Liability checking to be default when first opening transactions. inability to download transactions from bank institutions.
Lance B.
Chief Financial Officer
May 18, 2018

“A phenomenal program.”

ProsI love the integration of fields, accounting, livestock, and non-farm . I have also enjoyed and profited by the support that you get. The reports are very accurate and are extremely good for showing what is really happening. I love the integration with FINPACK. The detail that you have from using this program is what every farmer needs. I feel very confident in the reports and I have had certified public accountants and agriculture lenders very pleased with the details that they are given.
May 18, 2018
Kathleen H.
Bank Teller/bookkeeper
June 2, 2018

“It is easy to access and put in entries”

OverallYou can break your entries down into several ways to detail it the way you like for tax purposes.
ProsI am able to keep track of how much expense there is for each truck, tractor. I can do payroll in a advance or regular deduction. The main program is very easy to use and usually never give any problems.
ConsThe accounts receivable sometimes can be frustrating. The customer support is very good at getting back to you and working with you to get it to work the way you need it or see what the problem is.
June 2, 2018
Amber G.
secretary
Farming, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2018

“We have been using this software for six years now. It has been a huge asset to our feedlot!”

OverallI find this software a crucial piece of our business as it allows me to track and look back over the years of our operation.
ProsI like that the software is complete geared towards farming, and the ease of use. It is very user friendly and any questions or problems I have encountered have been handled quickly and professionally!
ConsI have not used the crop and field manager yet. I feel I need it to track a bit more than it does currently.
Lori T.
Farm Business Management Instructor
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
September 7, 2017

“Easy to use; fantastic user's guide.”

OverallEase of tracking the farm financials with students.
ProsBeing able to cost center equipment or pens of cattle. Also, being able to track principal and interest payments on loans helps me know where I am financially at all times.
ConsLivestock Manager-never works the way I think it should. Cash Flow Report is not designed like a agriculture finance cash flow should be.
Val H.
Rancher
Ranching, Self-employed
May 21, 2018

“Support is excellent. Easy to use. Has much to offer but can use minimal options”

OverallWe are a family ranch and with the software we were able to track individual herds and show a total ranch overview. I also run a software business which I was able to set up the books for and keep the reporting separate from the ranch. I like having the option to run the software offline. With the program running from my hard drive I can use it even if my connection is having issues. This option is not available in every accounting software.
ProsSupport is great and easy the to understand screens are a must. Start up is relatively fast. Grouping of and reporting by herds or fields is definitely a plus. Inventory is included and a great option.
ConsCan Not print or see previous reconciliations. Auto transaction setup add and delete is somewhat clumsy.
Brice C.
Farming, 1-10 employees
May 31, 2018

“Easy to use and move in.”

OverallAble to have some record keeping from the farm and also the payroll and accounting
ProsThe ease of getting around of Easy Farm software is the Pro that I have found to be the most helpful.
ConsAt this point I have not used the Easy Farm software long enough to have any really Cons that I don't like
May 31, 2018