CloudLex Ratings

Overall

About CloudLex

The leader in personal injury tech, CloudLex® is more than just legal case management system designed exclusively for plaintiff personal injury law firms. By letting you take control of your practice from intake to closure and beyond, CloudLex is the ultimate technology you need to build, manage & grow your personal injury practice. Its intuitive interface and 24/7 access make it the ultimate in collaboration and, its infrastructure-free setup makes it the most secure and cost-effective way.... Learn more about CloudLex

Mark R.
Associate Attorney
June 5, 2018

“Cloudlex: great software, amazing customer service, best case management platform hands down. ”

OverallCloudlex has increased our firm's efficiency and ability to draft, share, and maintain files over our old case management system. More importantly, it has helped to dig into the cases deeper and more thoroughly than other platforms because of the system for plugging in case information and document management. Complying with statutes, court deadlines, and other time sensitive things has become way easier since using Cloudlex. It has reduced the potential for malpractice in more ways than one.
ProsUnlike most case management softwares that require documents to be placed into folders and sub-folders, Cloudlex allows you to categorize and tag everything to find it faster than all other platforms. You can find any document, photo, case detail, and anything you upload to Cloudlex by simply running a search for it in the search bar or going to a matter and quickly filtering for what you need. One feature that no other software except Cloudlex has is the ability to calendar for notices of claim. Most other platforms only allowed for calculation of statutes of limitation. Cloudlex has a "Lifecycle" which allows users to easily see motions that have been filed by both parties, the due date of responsive pleadings, and the status of the motion. Whether you were recently assigned to the case or haven't opened it in a while, this feature is great for quickly looking at the status of any pending motion or to see what has happened previously. Another amazing feature of Cloudlex is the "Workflow" which enables users to create a to-do list for any case to reduce confusion of what needs to be accomplished on any case. Finally, the extensions and plugins that Cloudlex has with Microsoft Office products are great! You can upload the newest draft or document to Cloudlex directly from your Word document and you can send emails in Outlook that will be saved in Cloudlex. It is a fantastic platform to manage your case from start to finish!
ConsIf you like to use the archaic document management style of folders and sub-folders, Cloudlex may not fit your needs or may be difficult to learn how to use Cloudlex quickly.
June 5, 2018
Barry A.
Managing Attorney
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2018

“Best Cloud Base Software for Personal Injury Attorneys”

OverallVery very good. Very optimistic about a long term relationship.
Pros1. Cloudlex thought through a particular aspect of PI practice that does not appear to be considered in any other legal management system: The unification of documents (medical, wages, damages etc.) with data about those documents with the corresponding ability to index the documents in the context of the data. This provides for top notch organization and data management. 2. The merge document tool is solid. I appreciate the fact that the tool is native to the system and requires no integration on the part of the user. It is simply part of the system. In general, this is a highlight of Cloudlex. I look forward to development of the tool including additional delivery methods and ability to merge as a PDF, but I suspect that is only a matter of time. 3. Customer service is the best I have seen (and I have tried 3 other cloudbased systems) 4. The vision of cloudlex to include an integrated intake app, referral network and client communicator will enhance the system. Again, the developers desire to develop these items natively is commendable.
Cons1. Could use the ability to have at least a few custom data fields although, I understand the theory behind this limitation. 2. Coming from a Salesforce Environment, I do miss the ability to trigger a work flow with particular actions and events rather than having to activate the workflows separately.
September 17, 2018
Brian P.
Managing Partner
May 31, 2018

“CloudLex has transformed how we practice law.”

OverallAccess anywhere any time.
ProsCloudLex allows our attorneys to access our documents from anywhere at any time. Snowstorms no longer require moving documents to flash drives to work from home. How it truly changed just one of our cases was during an arbitration. A question came up which my physical binder did not have the answer. I was able to access a note in the CloudLex file from my iPad and immediately defeat the Respondent's case. That is just one example of how it has transformed our firm's practice of law. CloudLex's most valuable feature though is its support staff. Any issue we have ever had has been resolved almost immediately with a simple phone call. Whenever we needed training for new staff members they have provided it. Without them, the product would still be amazing, but they are a bonus. Lastly, they are constantly adding to the platform. The feature updates are weekly. Best though is if there is a feature or category I need they have added it for us.
ConsI would like to the see it incorporate the ability to add separate documents such as exhibits as "sub-documents" under a motion or mediation that has already been added to the system. But there truly is nothing I have disliked or found cumbersome about the product aside from that.
May 31, 2018
Kristina H.
Litigation Paralegal
June 25, 2019

“Beyond Words”

OverallToo many benefits to list. This is really a great program and highly recommend to all plaintiff's paralegals that are looking to up their client management game. DO tell your boss about this program!
ProsThe greatest plaintiff's law firm software that I have come across. The ease of use, system interface, tracking and reports features, task management, and customer service far succeed their competitors.
ConsNothing at all! This software is intuitive and easy to use
June 25, 2019
Anthony C.
May 24, 2018

“Easy to use with high tech tools. ”

ProsIt is very easy to use. I am at the age where I think I know how to use programs but I often realize I have no clue! Cloudlex is super easy. When I first started using I could not believe how easy it was to use. At my old firm we needed a full day of training on their case management software and we were still confused. With CloudLex training takes a few minutes. Another pro is the customer service. Simply amazing. The few times I had a question I called one of there rep and he would call me back right away. Very refreshing .
ConsAt first some features were limited. I had access to more features with the other programs. I notice that Cloudlex has been implementing newer features with time. It is exciting when I get an update and see what new "toys" I have. Now most of the features are on par with the other programs.
May 24, 2018
MICHAEL C.
July 3, 2018

“I've had cloudlex for almost a year and have been very happy with the product.”

OverallI was able to organize information in order to properly manage my law firm. I run all sorts of reports for different types of information. My team is able to handle about 40% more cases than our previous software since we are able to organize and manage the documents and automate our internal processes.
ProsThe software creates very detailed categories for which you are easily able to organize information and run reports to manage your law firm in an efficient and effective manner. It is specifically tailored for personal injury law firms. It took a couple of months to get acclimated to the software, but once we did, we realized it is light years beyond other softwares that we used. Highly recommended for managing partners and attorneys looking to organize and grow their practice.
ConsThe iphone app is not up to speed yet. You can only perform basic functions and view certain information on the app. But they are working on it and will soon make the app as functional as the website.
Daniel H.
June 14, 2018

“It does everything that I need and it does it easily/intuitively. Excellent support, easy to learn.”

OverallNo more lost documents, nervous questions like "Have we checked the statute?" Easy to collaborate and communicate with the team. It also imposes responsibility on team members because it requires feedback and updating of tasks. Very well thought out program. It is important to understand that when you call or email for support, you are talking to very high level people. You have a very high level of confidence in the Cloudlex group as you interact.
Pros1. Notice of critical dates are easily entered, pop up as needed, populate to calendar and give notification to necessary staff. This is great redundancy for critical tasks and it is easy to input. 2. The tracking of expenses, settlement offers and easy report generation is very useful. 3. The document storage with Dropbox backup is excellent. 4. It is truly a comprehensive solution that encourages team work and proper supervision of team members. It feels quick and clean to use both in terms of actual speed and the user interface as well.
ConsIt would be nice to create custom fields suited to my individual practice but there are technical barriers to this. Also, I don't want to be the Sorcerer's Apprentice - I get this bright idea about how to set up fields, do it and then realize that I didn't quite plan it right.
June 14, 2018
Michael S.
May 23, 2018

“Easy to use. Accessible. Versatile. ”

ProsThe interface makes things self explanatory. You can go on the the site and easily navigate through whatever you need to get done. The menu options are easily identifiable and useable. That's the mark of a good case management software, usability.
ConsThe intake function is not ready. Once we have an intake function and the fields are populated, it will make this software much more useful and easy to use. Also, no quickbooks functionality. It will be worthwhile to use this software with quickbooks online so that it will be effortless.
Angelicque M.
July 17, 2018

“Very Intuitive and Easy to Use”

ProsIt is easy to access remotely which allows us to maximize the productivity of our office. Additionally, it's many features ranging from reports to the calendar provides the opportunity for analytics that were formerly unavailable to us.
ConsThe only suggestion (that really isn't a con) is that since we occasionally utilize per diem attorneys to cover court appearances, we would like the ability to list their name on the "assigned to" section of the calendar entry.
July 17, 2018
richard j.
May 23, 2018

“all of what I need, none of what I do not need. Perfect tool for law firm efficiency! ”

Overallstreamlined my law firm's case processing; my cases move faster and more efficiently towards resolution; increased office productivity due to the great tasking functions and task tracking; no program downtime; accessible anywhere, which has inspired some of my staff to increase work time; eliminated my staff doing duplicate work. also much cheaper than my prior software so I saved money.
Prosweb based; great tasking functions; no downtime; super easy learning curve; on the spot support on demand; always improving; geared specifically for plaintiff personal injury; easy reporting functions; no clutter from functions i would never use in my practice.
Consnot really a function of the cloudlex program, but, i wish there were better internet connections in the courthouses in ny city and long island to make better use of my waiting time there.
Alyce W.
Senior Partner
August 14, 2018

“Cloudlex Has Helped My Law Practice”

OverallThis is a must have for all plaintiff personal injury lawyers
ProsCloud-based with free support, no more calls to hourly rate support! It is multi-functional and helps me track my cases in so many ways. One of my favorite functions is the welcome screen where I can see how many cases I have signed up each month.
ConsI wish there was a way to do a file review without having to keep returning to the top of the list after opening a case and having to scroll down again. They will probably fix this after reading this reviewing as they are constantly upgrading the product.
August 14, 2018
Kareem R. V.
Principal at The Law Office of Kareem R. Vessup
August 2, 2018

“Cloudlex is Great!!!”

ProsMy favorite feature of CloudLex software is the visible metrics that show up on the dashboard whenever you log in to the system. It allows me to get a quick snapshot of my practice and enables me to quickly focus my attention on areas of need. Otherwise the software is incredibly easy to navigate and is very user friendly. I love this software.
ConsAny suggestions I have made in my time asw a CloudLex user have been quickly remedied. I have no negatives about the product at this time.
August 2, 2018
David K.
July 26, 2018

“By far the best case management software out there!!”

ProsIt is so easy and simple to use. The customer service is second to none. They deal with any issues and answer any questions right away. Being web based is such a plus.
ConsHaving mass tort as part of my practice I would like to be able to customize case types to the projects we get involved with. Hopeful that functionality will be added.
July 26, 2018
Adam B.
Trial Laywer
August 17, 2018

“The future of Cloud Based Case Management for Plaintiffs ”

OverallOur office was still using mainly paper before. As Im slowly getting Cloudlex implemented in all our cases, everyone in the office is seeing just how much more efficient it is and the brilliance in having 1 place to manage all of your cases and information. I cannot wait until we are using all the features Cloudlex offers and are fully optimized.
ProsThe simplicity and how it exactly configured for plaintiff's practice. I also like how they're constantly listening to feedback and making improvements.
ConsThe media management for photos/videos/audio could be improved.
August 17, 2018
claudia p.
paralegal
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
June 21, 2019

“I use this software every day”

Prosgood way of communicating about a client throughout the law firm.
Consi wish it wouldn't time me out because then i have to sign in all over again everytime.
June 21, 2019
Azzam E.
January 8, 2019

“Excellent Choice”

ProsI have reviewed many options for cloud based PI software, and I strongly believe that Cloudlex is the best option out there. Great support team, easy to set up, and affordable. You can't go wrong with Cloudlex.
ConsCan not do hourly billing only set up for contingency cases
January 8, 2019
Dewnya B.
Managing Partner / Litigation Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
October 26, 2018

“Cloudlex Platform”

OverallOverall a good experience. I wish I started fresh with this platform instead of transferring over from another platform.
ProsThe details tab (medical bills timeline, medical records) and the reporting functionality.
ConsThe fact that it is still evolving. Some functionalities where not available at onset but when they are implemented this system is extremely powerful when used efficiently.
October 26, 2018
Gary L B.
September 24, 2018

“Cloudlex”

OverallGreat product. The team are awesome, very knowledgeable and accessible for questions.
ProsThat it is specifically tailored for Personal Injury Firms and integrates well with google, outlook etc.
ConsNone at this time. The product is upgraded frequently
September 24, 2018
Cera A.
Legal Assistant
July 18, 2018

“Super easy to use and get the hang of. ”

ProsIt helps the firm be more organized with all the cases that we are currently working on. It makes all the files easy to find. Also allows us to link documents which is super easy to link to the medical bills. Cloudlex also helps remind pur attorneys what they have coming up with the reminders going up to 30 days before the event.
ConsI think the only thing I dont really care for is when I create an event, I have to have a matter in order to enter it into cloudlex but other than that there isn't really anything that I dont like about cloudlex.

By CloudLex on July 20, 2018
Thanks for a great rating, Cera. We are pleased to know that you find CloudLex easy to use. We'd just like to point out that if you save an event as "Other" or "Personal Event", you do not have to tag it to a matter. Hope this helps!
wendy m.
lawyer
July 31, 2018

“I really enjoy using it. ”

ProsIt works well for a plaintiff personal injury based firm. It is very user friendly and they usually answer my calls within a day when I have questions.
ConsI think it is expensive for only three users per month. But it is probably comparable to other systems.
July 31, 2018
Steven P.
March 19, 2019

“Cloudlex is a Game Changer”

OverallWe have been thrilled since day one with Cloudlex and we have never looked back. We were searching for a cloud-based case management system, and found that only Cloudlex met our specific needs. Being focused solely on Plaintiff's personal injury law, Cloudlex gives us all of the features we need and none we don't. We could not be more happy with our decision.
ProsThe ease of use - very intuitive, features are easy to find and discover. The robust software has completely changed our firm. We are more efficient and effective because of Cloudlex.
ConsCannot manually upload form letters, assistance required
March 19, 2019
Angela B.
Paralegal
February 20, 2019

“Longtime Abacus users make the switch”

OverallThe migration process was not as bad as we thought it would be. CloudLex support was helpful and guided us through each step. Anytime we needed something modified they were ready to help. We have been using the system about 4 months and are happy with the decision to switch. Having our case information and documents in the cloud is great!
ProsThe ability to have case information, documents and calendar in the cloud. It also syncs with exchange calendar.
ConsThe calendar formatting takes some getting used to but we are hopeful an update in the future will have improvements.
February 20, 2019
Travis M.
Owner, Managing Partner
September 7, 2018

“Even closer to perfect”

OverallNo case management is perfect but CloudLex is getting closer and closer. Each program is ultimately unique to who uses it. The beauty of CloudLex is that it is tailored to what we do - personal injury. The support is amazing. Cell phones of multiple support staff, that answer or call back at all times of day or night.
Prossmooth and painless transition excellent support tailored to personal injury integrates with multiple other platforms we use excellent value
Conshave to program in more automated feature, but with the excellent support not that time consuming
September 7, 2018
Kavitha M.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 4, 2018

“Great for PI firms”

OverallThe customer care has been really good and they are very responsive to our inquiries
ProsIt is easy to use for personal injury firms since it addresses most of the issues for a accident case.
ConsAbility to see snapshots of new cases signed up
October 4, 2018
Hector S.
Lawyer- Shareholder
Law Practice, Unspecified
July 18, 2018

“Innovative, efficient, cost-effective and intuitive! Great software for a personal injury law firm!”

OverallOrganization!
ProsThe migration was easy enough and worth the little headaches you could expect. The software makes it easy to get all employees using it on the same page and using the same language when working on cases.
ConsThere are some changes that we requested but the customer service and response time to was excellent and met our needs.
Law Practice, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“I've been blown away by CloudLex's ease of use and functionality!”

OverallBetter task management and internal communication.
ProsRecent Activities ticker feed, Sidebar for internal communication, and tasks/workflow creating. I also love all the extra support that is included!
ConsI dont have any cons to this software so far. It's beyond met my expectations and I can't wait to get the whole firm involved in the implementation.