Lookout Ratings

Overall

About Lookout

Cloud-based mobile endpoint security platform that helps firms with preventing compromise of corporate data and phishing. Learn more about Lookout

Sonia E.
Administrative Assistant
Accounting, 11-50 employees
October 21, 2018

“I love this app, all my family use it!”

OverallIt is a must have app on every device you own, like it will protect your device, and help you like it help me to get my phone back in case you lost your phone.
ProsWhen I first started using it was in the 2014, a friend recommend it to me and I gave it a try. I liked that every time before or if my phone was turning off I received a picture of the person it last had it on my e-mail. It make me felt secure that if I lost my phone I could easily find who took it. In the 2015, my phone got stolen, the person who took it turn of location services, but thanks to the app lookout I was able to get my phone back! I didn't knew but the lookout had a missing device feature, so I was able to track it and told the police officers and they find the person who took it. I also love that the app helps you protect your phone from apps that try to take your information. I love this app and I am grateful to had it that time because I was able to get my phone back.
ConsOne of the things it is that it slow down a little my phone.
October 21, 2018
Yessenia E.
Administration
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 25, 2018

“Amazing protection for your phone”

OverallIt's a great app, all phones must have it to keep all of your information safe and clean from any virus.
ProsI have been using it for a few years now, ever since my friend recommend it to me. It is a great antivirus for any cellphone. Before downloading any image, file, or app even if it's from the app store it scans it and makes sure it's clean and safe. Another feature that it has is that it has location service so, in case I lost my phone or someone take it, I can track it from any computer and if they try to turn it off, it will take a picture and send it to my e-mail. It's a great app!
ConsI have no cons about this app, it is great!
December 25, 2018
Carla W.
Preschool lead teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2019

“Exactly what it does... Lookout”

ProsI love that it automatically checks everything. With the app works being so huge, it's hard to see what's truly safe these days. I have to admit I'm a little hesitant when downloading anything, but this makes it so much easier! Plus with all the extras like theft control And identity protection, makes me feel way better in world of technology.
ConsI wish, being budget friendly, more things were free, but you honestly get what you pay for, so if you want protections it's worth it.
March 7, 2019
Brenda H.
retired
March 14, 2018

“I downloaded this for my phone, works great and keeps in protected.”

OverallTheft protection and phone monitoring so you don't get a virus.
ProsI use this for my phone. It works good. Keeps my phone protected. The theft feature is nice. I thought I had lost my phone and used the theft detection which it made the sound. I had lost it in the couch. Though the wipe feature is good if it ever gets in the wrong hands.
ConsIf you are not to tech. savvy it may not be as simple as one thinks. Drains battery on my phone so i have to comprise some settings.
Olga K.
Senior Software Engineer
Publishing, 1001-5000 employees
October 11, 2019

“Cool software”

OverallPretty good experience so far. Havent't had my phone stolen yet to experience some features.
ProsIt keeps my phone safe, scans all the programs constantly and keeps me alerted if anything is wrong. It's pretty cool to see a picture emailed to me if anyone tries to open my phone. I can track it pretty accurately.
ConsSometimes, it doesnt start. It wasn't very obvious to me how to keep it constantly running in the background. Took some tuning.
October 11, 2019
WILLIE T.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
June 15, 2018

“I love this security and antivirus software. ”

ProsThe fact that it checks app and other downloads for viruses and malware and spyware. It also had a find my phone feature that has came in handy a couple of times when I could not find my phone and the ringer was off. I have not had a problem with this software.
ConsThis software has served me well for over three years and I do not have any cons to list at this time.
June 15, 2018
Douglas P.
Analísta de Sociales
Import and Export, 10,001+ employees
May 27, 2018

“ My experience has been satisfactory, working with this application has been easy and easy”

Overall I have a powerful antivirus I can find in it the solution to several problems. The first, the viruses. The second that we rob or lose the phone and we do not know how to use the native Android application. The third, that we lose all our contacts and also do not know how to get them from Google.
Pros Lookout is not only an antivirus application for your smart phone, it also has other security components in case of loss or theft helping to protect your personal information and even locate your computer. It also protects contacts in case there is any problem where they are lost in the system. It is important to highlight that in its free version offers many opsiones and great power of protection for your smart phone.
Cons The free version is very simple, Regarding the paid version, the truth is that the only feature that could be interesting would be the extra phishing control. Everything else you can do with many other apps that also allow other extra features without paying anything for them. So if you like Lookout, stay with the free version, and above all, install it by the power of your antivirus.
May 27, 2018
John P.
iSeries Administrator
April 11, 2018

“I love this product”

OverallI am confident that my phone is protected.
ProsI know that my phone is protected. It regularly scans for malware, allows me to find it's location and I really like the scream feature. If I can't find my phone I can turn on the screamer and find it quickly.
ConsTo access location tracking, you need to go to the website. I would like to be able to do it directly from the Lookout app on another device. I
April 11, 2018
Jamison O.
support
March 14, 2018

“Easy to download. Keeps your device safe”

OverallProtects your device, Theft Protection. Also new upgrades to keep you protected.
ProsThis is a good application that I use for my device. Keeps my device running smoothly and protects. Lets me know if any threats have been detected. Also the theft protection is a plus. Free to download.
ConsDrains battery if you device is not set up correctly, It does interfere with browsing of some sites.
Entertainment, Self-employed
May 4, 2019

“Perfect mobile security app”

OverallI like that it has theft protection and identity protection options, but I've never gone so far as to use them. I use the free tier of this app and it's exactly what I need.
ProsIt runs in the background on my phone without ever slowing it down. Occasionally it tells me a website isn't secure; otherwise it leaves me alone.
ConsI've never encountered something I didn't like about Lookout!
May 4, 2019
Wyatt G.
Printing, 1-10 employees
March 14, 2019

“Great mobile device security software!”

ProsI love this app as it protects my mobile phone which I not only use for personal use but also a lot of my business use. So it is important that my mobile device is secure at all times. Lookout helps me sleep at night, knowing they are doing a great job keeping my phone secure.
ConsI have yet to dislike anything with this software.
March 14, 2019
Y'Nita J.
Operational Supervisor
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
October 10, 2019

“Awesome ”

OverallVery good system, I would recommend this product for an antivirus.
ProsThis is a very effective antivirus! I download it to every device that I get android or apple product.
ConsYou have to download every time you get a new device. I wish it traveled with your google account that's my only complaint.
October 10, 2019
Neisha P.
Marketing Administrative Assistant
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
December 22, 2018

“Lookout has my back!”

ProsI like how this software is constantly running in the background, protecting my phone from all of those viruses and hackers. Ever since my phone number had been ported out without my permission, and with it access to all my personal information, including my bank account, I can't live without this app.
ConsI haven't had any issues yet with Lookout. I would upgrade but I have identity protection with my bank so I don't need the Premium Plus version.
December 22, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 10, 2019

“Lookout Keeps My Mobile Device Safe”

OverallMy company locked down on mobile security a few years ago, so you had to download security apps on your phone to keep using work emails. Lookout was one of the apps.
ProsLookout is on my phone (per my work requirements) and I barely notice it's there unless it's updating or checking out a new app or download.
ConsAs I said, I never really notice it, so there isn't much con. I was upset that my employer made me put this on my phone, but that's not the app's fault.
September 10, 2019
Tracy F.
Deal Poster
Internet, 1-10 employees
December 20, 2018

“great for your cellphone security”

Overallmy family all use this on our devices, we make sure our kids have this on because they are always downloading apps because kids dont have any concerns, this runs in the background so its always checking to make sure your info is safe. if there is an issue it alerts you to take action
Proschecks apps on your phone, emails you and gives you a notification if there are issues checks in the background to keep you protected.
Consi lived everything about this app no issues
December 20, 2018
January 16, 2018

“Superb mobile protection”

ProsLookout is a superb mobile protection service that integrates seamlessly with Android and runs in the background without using to much memory. A must.
ConsIt would be great if Lookout were able to more effectively identify which apps are slowing down or overheating the phone.
January 16, 2018
grace k.
owner of Kawaii-Sly Jewelry
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self-employed
June 11, 2019

“literally dont have to do anything extra, leave your safety in lookouts hands!”

OverallI have never had a problem with it, my phones always run smoothly with it installed and ive never had a virus.
Prosit is optimized for android devices, and it takes up little space. you don't have to do much for it to do its job.
Consnothing is wrong with it that i've seen.
June 11, 2019
Arnold H.
Project Engineer
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2018

“Lookout mobile security”

OverallGreat app and very easy to use. Basically does it's job in the background.
ProsI have this app on my phone and it is great to know that it is constantly protecting all my mobile functions.
ConsSometimes the background scanning can drain a lot of memory and resources.
September 12, 2018
Brian T.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
February 4, 2019

“Don't leave home without Lookout!”

ProsWe use Lookout on all of our mobile devices. Scanning is quick and easy and we have never had any issues with malware or viruses.
ConsI would like to have a way to manage all of our devices from one screen.
February 4, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
August 20, 2018

“Great App”

ProsI like that if I lose my phone, I can go on another device and wipe my phone, or GPS track it. I can also make it scream if I misplaced my phone.
Consa lot of annoying ads if you don't pay for premium.
August 20, 2018
Jasmin M.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
April 7, 2019

“Protects my phone”

OverallI like that you can do everything you need to without having to worry about someone taking your information. Lookout helps you feel secure.
ProsI love that I can do everything that I need to do on my phone without having to worry about someone connecting to my device and stealing my information.
ConsI don't like how you have to pay if you want the premium.
April 7, 2019
kendra g.
Sales Merchandiser
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
February 16, 2019

“Makes my phone safe”

ProsIt's a great way to keep your phone safe whenever I download something it'll let me know if it was harmful or not it comes in handy
ConsNo cons with this app. It does great for my devices
February 16, 2019
ZULAY DEL CARMEN H.
PROFESORA DE EDUCACIÓN PREESCOLAR
May 15, 2018

“Protection for my cell phone!”

OverallProtection for my cell phone and possibility of finding it in case of losing it.
ProsIt keeps my cell phone free of viruses. Scan all the applications that I download on my cell phone. I love the possibility that it gives me to find my android cell phone, through this application. It is easy to use and download. It gives me the option of backing up, so it helps me protect my information.
ConsThe only negative aspect that I notice in this software is that the battery of my cell phone tends to download in a faster way.
May 15, 2018
missy b.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
July 23, 2019

“great product ”

Prospreloaded software on my phone- it's great. it protects my phone & is very easy to use.
Consnothing- it's great. easy to use & works perfect.
July 23, 2019
Sports, Self-employed
January 28, 2019

“Great program”

ProsI like that I can depend on them to make sure nothing unsafe is installed on my phone.
ConsNothing really, it works in the background and does it's thing.
January 28, 2019
Melissa L.
Owner/Operator
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
November 8, 2018

“Lookout is Awesome!”

OverallWithout Lookout, I would be spending hundreds of dollars replacing misplaced phones. What a lifesaver it has been!
ProsI use the mobile version of Lookout. It is incredible. The "locate" feature alone is worth using this program/app. My husband works in construction and frequently misplaces his cell phone. Lookout not only tells me where it is located, it shows me a picture of the location. UNBELIEVABLE!
ConsI haven't yet fully explored all of the features of Lookout, but so far I have not found anything I didn't like.
November 8, 2018
Elan W.
Managing Member
Legal Services, Self-employed
February 6, 2018

“Solid mobile security software”

OverallConvenience and security
Pros1) It allows you to home in on your phone relatively easily, even when a VPN is being used; 2) It offers real-time scanning when new apps are downloaded and theft protection.
ConsOn occasion, it crashes on my Android phone and does not offer as many features as Avast Mobile Security.
February 6, 2018
Darlene D.
Quality Control Inspector
Automotive, 51-200 employees
May 5, 2019

“lookout”

OverallThis has kept threats off my cell phone.its the best
ProsThis is a great.it keeps the threats away
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about lookout
May 5, 2019
Gray G.
Independent Financial Adviser
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Lookout”

ProsIt is very easy to use and makes sure I haven't been hacked.
ConsI am not sure what I can say negative.
December 4, 2018
Sarah S.
Barista
Sports, Self-employed
August 23, 2018

“Must Have”

OverallI lost my phone in another city. I turned on the beeping location finder to alert the person who found it. Luckily it was an uber driver so I could contact them. But I located it's exact address.
ProsI LOVE being able to track my phone when lost. I value the phone deactivation and alert features provided accessible from other devices.
ConsI don't like that when your phone is dead , can't be found, but that has nothing to do with the app.
August 23, 2018
Tonya L.
Care Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
April 30, 2019

“Great Job”

ProsI love this because when I wake up my phone has updated. I know some other phones will keep asking you to do it, but with lookout it doesn't. Which is good because for them to keep asking is a hassle.
ConsThere is nothing to dislike about this software.
April 30, 2019
Arbaaz M.
Software Engineer
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
August 25, 2019

“Lookout Review”

ProsKeep this app on my phone to prevent malware on my phone. Available for free. Don't need to do much with the app, you just download it and leave it on your phone.
ConsFree version does not have as many features as the paid versions.
August 25, 2019
Sanjeela A.
Graphic Artist
Printing, 501-1000 employees
August 7, 2019

“Android security”

Prosits scans all my apps and anything I download and tells me if it is safe to use or not.
ConsI Honestly dont like it when it tells me its not safe to shop on a certain website or network but I guess its doing its job
August 7, 2019
eric s.
PM
Construction, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2019

“For a user, does the job”

ProsThat I am not bugged constantly by issues that it finds.
ConsI don't know lots about it because of how minimally I must interact with it.
August 29, 2019
Crystal G.
Special Education Teacher
March 8, 2018

“Great product for monitoring phone productivity and security. ”

ProsI like the ease of use and the accessibility of the app. The program is user friendly even for novice technologically inclined folks. The apps gives step by step instructions for utilizing the preinstalled security functions on the phone. Additionally, there's a lost phone option and a theft alert. I particularly appreciate the backup reminder/function. This app also assesses which update your phone has and how to access the most current update. There's lot of good going on in this app.
ConsA con is that this is a paid app. In order to access all of the functions available in the app, you must pay the fee. There are only limited functions available without purchase.
March 8, 2018
Syrine J.
Analyst
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 13, 2019

“Decent Security Software”

ProsI received this software as a free trial subscription on my new computer. It was "okay" to use as a virus scan, but I ended up not purchasing the software after the trial.
ConsI didn't like that it felt convoluted to use and understand. It should be a little more simpler on the user side. Maybe adjustments have been made since I've used it.
March 13, 2019
Michele R.
Homemaker
Photography, Self-employed
September 6, 2019

“Works in background”

ProsWorks in background keeping my cell phone safe
ConsI don't know anything I don't like. It is easy to use
September 6, 2019
Camillo D.
Country Manager
January 19, 2018

“IOS functions very poorly ”

Overallsome additional security features.
ProsThe Apple watch feature is amazing, It's advice in the apple watch when you are not close from your phone
Consbackup contacts, find my phone, system advisor, app monitor (safe wife you can find in any VPN) is totally useless features.
January 19, 2018
Erika G.
Freelance Interpreter
Telecommunications, Self-employed
March 20, 2019

“Lookout is worth it”

OverallMy overall experience with Lookout has been very good. The app is very clear in it's layout. Everything is easy to find, and the help center is very reachable.
ProsWhat I liked most about this software is that it was Free. This did not affect the quality offered.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is that it may run down battery faster, since the app is always running.
March 20, 2019
Aaron S.
Business Account Executive
Internet, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 30, 2019

“simple app to use”

ProsI had it download on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and it worked perfectly
ConsThere's a few bugs here and there shutting down
July 30, 2019
Kenji S.
Facilities
May 4, 2018

“Good product”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is that I feel my phone is protected. It does constant scans and I like that
ConsWhat I lease like about this software is that there are certain things that you must go to the website for instead of doing it right here on my phone.
May 4, 2018
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
March 25, 2019

“Lookout”

ProsI liked the fact you can use this software to do analysis in the financial sector.
ConsI do not like the fact it sometimes stop and makes your work slow.
March 25, 2019