Animaker Ratings

Overall

About Animaker

Animaker lets enterprise teams collaborate and create stunning animated presentations with a simple drag-n-drop interface. With access to 8 visual tools, multi-user collaboration features, and the world¿s largest animated library, its the ideal creative suite for enterprises looking to stay ahead in their content creation efforts. Learn more about Animaker

Josiah A.
Web Designer
November 18, 2017

“Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price”

OverallAnimaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.
ProsAnimaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.
ConsWhile Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

By Animaker on November 24, 2017
Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker. As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets. Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions. To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same. Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards, Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | val@animaker.com
November 18, 2017
Vusala A.
FM
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2019

“My experience with Animaker”

OverallIt is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining every detail, making me an Animaker guru from a person with literally no IT background. I have managed to produce amazing video content with Animaker and any time I encountered a problem or a bug, Animaker team was right there and right available to fix all the problems for me. I am received a great value for the money I paid and I am grateful to Animaker team and I highly recommend this product.
ProsI loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content
ConsI think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming. And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg. It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background
April 11, 2019
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
11-50 employees
July 3, 2018

“A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes”

ProsWe reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program. They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive. In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.
ConsNot many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions. In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.
July 3, 2018
Sabrina M.
Market Research, 1-10 employees
April 1, 2019

“I did an amazing video resume with Animaker”

OverallThe software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.
ProsThe software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc.
ConsThe only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.
April 1, 2019
Cristina M.
Coordinator
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
July 5, 2019

“Good software but a bit tricky for beginners”

OverallOverall, I like the software and would recommend it as long as you have someone who can dedicate the amount of time needed to create a good video.
ProsI personally did not use the software much, but we had an intern who created a whole video and it looked great! I know she did have a really hard time with adding a voiceover which took her countless of hours to match the voice to the animation and whenever the script needed to be altered, she needed to do it again. We then had an agency work with this program and since their team has more experience, they were able to really elevate this video using this software.
ConsThere's limitations in using certain characters and voiceover is difficult to use.
July 5, 2019
Edo M.
field agent/representative
October 19, 2017

“Simple and nice on-line software solution for simple and nice animations”

OverallThis is a good solution for any animation that You need (for Your YOUTUBE channel, business presentation, promotional video,...). In short period of time it's possible to make simple and nice animations that are needed. With extra effort it's possible to make something more (student projects in animation for example).
ProsThis is a simple and easy to use web-based solution for short animations. User interface is nice one, clean and simple so user can make it's job efficiently. There are plenty of options regarding design and animations (nice quantity of elements for Your creativity), If needed, extra media elements can be uploaded (photos, music, voice over). Tutorial video is one of best that I saw and I suggest to invest Your time in it.
ConsWhole software is based on obsolete FLASH technology. Today all new web-browsers by default start with FLASH blocked so this is really strange decision. Have problems working with FIREFOX/WATERFOX. Guidelines are missing and grid can't solve that. Loading can be slow sometimes.

By Animaker on October 23, 2017
Hi Edo Modun, thank you for taking time off to share your review of Animaker. Appreciate the efforts. Please sign up, if not already, at www.animaker.com to receive updates on our soon to be launched HTML 5 platform.
October 19, 2017
Emma M.
Teacher
March 8, 2019

“Animaker is amazing & intuitive”

OverallVery personal service, quick email responses & clearly a kind company that wants to help its clients in every way possible - thank you so much for your help
ProsThe tutorial at the start is excellent and it is easy to bring it up to check how to do something while creating. I immediately got to grips with how to use Animaker & had created my own animation within minutes. The bank of resources is huge - and gave me inspiration of what to use in my own animation. The feature of being able to upload your own content, e.g. a logo or graphic, is superb as it allows you to personalise your animation. You can select background colours using CYMK values which was also really useful to match my other graphics. There were lots of music choices to add. I was really happy with the final product & couldn't recommend it more!
ConsSo far, no cons - perhaps the timeline could be expanded/shrunk on command.
March 8, 2019
Retail, Self-employed
May 24, 2019

“Not for amateurs ”

OverallOn a business point of view, or the do it yourself type, it will work. It gives you what you need, not much I can say about it though, it's functional, just doesn't have that wow factor.
ProsThe free themes, pics, transitions, etc are very well done. It can work with minimal effort (with some exceptions). The quality is good. The animations are good. The support and tip system is good. Basically, nothing truly stood out for me, but it is workable.
ConsNow don't get me wrong, if you have delved into the animating world, know how to ticker around with software or maybe you're just a quick study, you can find this quite fulfilling, but if you've pulled up on this for the first time, it is really confusing. The software is mediocre for someone like me who has used others.
May 24, 2019
Broadcast Media, 1001-5000 employees
September 15, 2018

“Simple to use & Extremely useful”

ProsLot of characters, animations, props. You can almost create anything you want. Customer support was very helpful. Especially Infographics, Whiteboard animations are world class. We almost use Animaker for all our social campaigns.
ConsThere are few app regulations need to be followed as a User to have a good video making experience. If we follow that Animaker will give you a better experience. Especially like Quality settings & GPU settings so you can avoid lag. Also waiting for the Enterprise version to use the app with our whole team.
September 15, 2018
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
September 13, 2019

“Free and easy animated content creation tool”

OverallAnimaker is one of easiest and resourceful video animation tool can be found on the internet.
ProsI used Animaker to create an intro video for a project in the institute. After searching for few hours found Animaker which was capable of doing exactly what a intro video needs. In the free trial it has more than enough content to create a beautiful and attractive animation. Animaker also has one of the easiest UI that anyone can learn within few minutes, so anyone who is in a hurry can finish a video within a day even he or she doesn't have any experience with Animaker.
ConsFree trial only gives real low quality output as the publish product. At least 480p quality for free trial would be great. In addition to that, Animaker is using flash which is deprecated technology.
September 13, 2019
Hanna H.
Social Media Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Great product for some niches! ”

ProsI absolutely loved the idea of creating our own creative advertising videos as well as some internal company educational videos to help with training of new employees. Animaker allows you to try most of its features within a free trial, so when we were getting a subscription we knew what we're getting into :) It has great functionality and makes it very easy to create your own personalised marketing campaign or even a whole course of e-learning. Also, it makes that possible to edit from any device without downloading any additional pieces of software.
ConsDue to its amazing functionality, it doesn't always work so fast on small storage devices. In fact, it can sometimes result in page freezing and loosing some of the results. And as for marketing manager, it is really crucial to be able to access it from a small laptop on the go.
September 27, 2019
maYo G.
k
January 28, 2019

“This thing sucks”

ProsWhat I like most is that it tells me I can make a movie, but in all I cant. It's not my skills that are bad, though I would say aren't very good, its the program.
ConsFirstly, it shows that you are limited to the materials that you can use. If you want it then you'll have to pay for it, which I think is normal for a company but still annoying. Second, I am trying to do a project for my science class and so far I've had 3 days to work on it. The first day I was getting used to it and got a little done. The second day I was absent so the third day I needed to work quickly. I opened it up and it said I had to START so all my progress was deleted. The next time I was more careful and left it open in a tab all weekend. A few minutes ago I wanted to work on it and it said I needed to run adobe flash. I did and when I got back on it told me how to start. ALL. MY. PROGRESS. WAS. DELETED. What the h-e- double hockey sticks! I really hope this thing gets fixed because I would like to acTually use it and recommend it to others. DONT GET THIS UNTIL ITS FIXED.
January 28, 2019
Bojan G.
Business Development Manager
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2018

“Great animation software for a reasonable price. Animaker is easy to use and to learn how to use. ”

OverallEasy to use to create promotional videos for your business which can be uploaded on your own website and social media. Helps increase the business visibility and attract new customers as well as employees.
ProsValue for money Ease of use Choice of scenes and characters Great customer support Intuitive software
ConsI've been using the software for quite a while and there were lapses with the exports, which sometimes took even several hours, up to a day. The issues have been later resolved and now the exports work just fine.
May 3, 2018
Vuk V.
Market Research, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2019

“Great software! ”

ProsIt's interface is very user friendly, almost like setting up a ppt presentation. It has a lot of cool features, great animation techniques and once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy to use.
ConsThe only thing I would improve is the animation voices, e.g. when I wanna add a voice to read over a text I wrote it still sounds like a computer generated voice. I know there probably isn't much one can do about this at this point, but that's the one thing I would like to see improved in the future.
July 9, 2019
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 27, 2019

“A very basic animated video editor.”

ProsA very simple and user-friendly approach to make simple presentation videos. Click and use templates are really great and helps me to get started easily. Sharing and uploading to youtube is really very fast because of using its codec. Very effective and simple workflow.
ConsAnimator doesn't offer a lot of effects and only can be used with preset.
August 27, 2019
Anca M.
content developer
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
June 7, 2019

“Easy to create animated videos”

OverallI create educational videos to spread ideas that I want to share with other people. I also create intros and outros for tutorials and promotional videos for products and services.
ProsI like how easy it is to create animated videos and the wide area of characters, animations, objects and backgrounds are available. I also like that there is a music library so I don't have to worry about finding music that I am allowed to use on my videos.
ConsSometimes I would like some state or animations of characters that I cannot find and I need to adapt to what is available... but I manage to figure it out anyway.
June 7, 2019
Nancy A.
self employed
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
June 23, 2019

“Excellent product”

OverallI was productive after just watching a couple of tutorial videos. Only twice was I not able to figure something out and I received an email answer within a couple of hours. Excellent!
ProsIt was super quick to learn and their support is the best I've ever had for a consumer software product. Extremely responsive
ConsWish the characters had a larger variety of animations.
June 23, 2019
Maria Jose M.
Teacher -author
August 13, 2019

“Story teller”

OverallI have made 3 videos. The third one was longer and it was a real short story. I am ready for the fourth one.
ProsThere is a vast array of characters with pre-made gestures and features that can be used right away. Animated backgrounds are a plus. It makes my videos look lively and real.
ConsSometimes, the pre-viewing makes the video lag.
August 13, 2019
Bethany G.
Social Media Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“Can Be Helpful”

OverallAnimaker is a decent solution for people looking to create animated videos. They don't offer stock videos, so it's not for something like that. However, there can be a real benefit in using it to explain services, promote a blog article, etc. We just started using it, but so far the experience has been fine.
ProsThis software does allow you to easily create animated videos that you can share on social media, YouTube, etc. The dashboard is relatively simple to figure out, and there are many different templates you can use.
ConsIt's a bit clunky, and you are limited in the amount of customization you can do. Some of the animations may look cheesy or be slightly off brand because of these limitations.
March 19, 2019
David D.
Dirigeant
July 5, 2018

“I was looking to create an animation video with a simple and reasonable software in terms of price. ”

ProsWhat I like best about Animaker is the ease of use, with a very well done tutorial. I also find the rate offers very affordable.
ConsNot much! I would say maybe the loading time when inserting characters or accessories. And the variety of mood changes for the characters not rich enough.
July 5, 2018
Austin N.
Positive Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
April 11, 2018

“I used Animaker to create some initial marketing animations for my website.”

ProsI loved that everything was done online and via the cloud, made it easily accessible from multiple devices!
ConsBecause it was free, some of the functions were limited, but thankfully it sufficed all my needs at the time.
Marie Yan Xin N.
Associate
Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees
October 9, 2018

“Great for Animations!”

ProsDrag interface, easy to customise and navigate around.
ConsI still have some issues loading my animos.
October 9, 2018
Shriya C.
Account Manager
Information Services, 51-200 employees
November 22, 2017

“This software is excellent.”

OverallEasy,user-friendly
ProsIt is user-friendly and easy to use. It is designed well for the beginners too so that they can use it easily
Conslimited options in the trial version. So it needs to be upgraded for the trial version. They should allow the access in trial version.

By Animaker on December 6, 2017
Hello Shriya Chandra, This is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker. As you might be aware of the fact that Animaker with the largest library of assets, helps over a million users from 180 countries. Animaker, on an ongoing basis will keep building this library to empower users to create extraordinary videos in quick time. As part of that effort, we have launched over 40 new transitions. To know more, read our blog post on the same: https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects/ We appreciate constant feedback. Please keep it coming. Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards, Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc. | val@animaker.com
November 22, 2017
Shradha S.
Marketing Executive
November 9, 2017

“Best place to make animated videos. ”

ProsThe stylish pre-designed templates makes it so easy to narrate the entire storyboard to the audience.
ConsFor the best features to be activated, you need to sign up for the premium account. Trial version has limited features.

By Animaker on November 14, 2017
Thank you Shradha Sharma. Appreciate the time and effort taken to share your thoughts. As you might be aware, Animaker offers the world's largest library of animated assets to its subscribers. Please reach out to our support team for any help as you continue to use Animaker for creating exciting videos.
November 9, 2017
Linda O.
July 8, 2019

“Making video for video presentation”

OverallI find it easy to make a video, now that I have done it once. It was also easy to get feedback which was a big help given the time crunch.
ProsIt has a wide variety of infographics to use.
ConsIt is a bit slow, may just be my computer.
July 8, 2019
Education Management, Self-employed
March 5, 2019

“Great. But could be better”

ProsMore often than not, it has what you need to create an animation
ConsCan't add background music with voice overs on the same video Characters and scenery not diverse enough Actions can be quite stiff
March 5, 2019
Ayana J.
April 27, 2018

“Absolutely Horrible”

ProsI like that there is multiple features and you can customize it how you want. There are a lot of characters, objects, and background to choose from.
ConsHowever, this software is slow, lags, and is not user friendly. I thought it lagged on just my computer. No! Tried animaker on 4 different computers and It still lagged and skipped. I had to complete a project for a class for college and it took me hours because of the horrible software. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS AT ALL. I exported this project at 4:00 p.m on thursday April 26th. My project due the next day, it was exported to my youtube at 1:08 a.m. that is unacceptable. Why does it take that long to export? Animaker is not a good preogram.
April 27, 2018
Oleg N.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
August 4, 2019

“Video and audio is assynchronous”

ProsIt's good, but what's good in it if it renders the video and audio asynchronously?
ConsI spent a week creating video and after I rendered it - the video was ~1 second ahead of the audio. In the preview it was ok. The support cannot help with it. The software is useless
August 4, 2019
Gervas M.
Human Resource Advisor
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
August 28, 2018

“Excellent Tool”

OverallAble to create explainer videos for internal communications to employees and personal purposes.
ProsThe tool is very Easy to use and its very light that it doesn't slow down your browser or computer. Auto save also help that you dont lose sny unsaved progress.
ConsThe free version is a bit limited and i recommend an offline version of the tool.
August 28, 2018
Kevin B.
Financial Services, Self-employed
September 14, 2019

“Easy to use animation tool for non design professionals”

Proseasy to use and received great customer support
Conscan't yet upload videos but im told that's coming soon
September 14, 2019
Rodney G.
Software Developer
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2018

“Poor product; worse business”

OverallAnimaker's product and customer service was so weak I ended up going elsewhere to produce my marketing video.
ProsSome of the sample videos look amazing.
ConsAnnual plan didn't cover all my needs. Decided not to use the product for my final video after 2 weeks of use. Didn't cancel my annual recurring charge. They didn't email a billing reminder until after the fact and refused my refund (by not responding to my support requests). It seems they don't have enough happy, paying subscribers, so their business model is to essentially "steal" money from as many trial users as possible, even if those users aren't actually using their product.
September 27, 2018
Beth K.
April 11, 2018

“Great options with the free trial”

ProsI just started using Animaker and absolutely love how easy it is to create animated videos as an amateur, especially starting with a template.
ConsIt's hard to track down how to edit some of the graphics/options but the tutorial videos are extremely helpful with navigating that.
Melinda E.
VC Analyst
11-50 employees
January 9, 2018

“Very bad quality of the videos unless you sign up for the more expensive packages.”

ProsEasy to use, I have no experience with making videos but I managed to do a nice video in Animaker. I received a response from customer service two days after submitting my issue.
ConsDon't waste your time making a video unless you want to sign up for the startup or business plan. The quality of the video for the personal plan is not even enough for a full-screen show on a computer, it is all blurry.
January 9, 2018
Angel R.
Lawyer
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2019

“Not worth in 2019”

OverallI tried communicating with the team because I was displeased with the service. I got no response. I proceeded to ask for a refund within 24 hours of purchase. To this day, I have not received a single response. Don't offer a refund policy if you are not going to commit to it.
ProsTemplates and a few of the video editing features.
ConsThe graphical user interface feels very outdated and it can be very confusing.
February 20, 2019
Information Services, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2018

“Does not export on demand”

ProsWorks fine to make an easy animation, but stopt using after 1 try.
ConsTakes hours to export, not very good when you are trying to work on something.
October 1, 2018
Mohammad S.
Donor Relations Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“Excellent Product”

ProsEase of use. A lot of character options. Good support.
ConsNot sure yet. Everything working great for now.
September 20, 2018
Madison H.
Blog Editor
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
September 9, 2018

“Madison's Animaker Review”

ProsI love that you can make the avatars do different things.
ConsI really wish you either didn't have to pay for premium or could pay for individual avatars, etc.
September 9, 2018
Miguel P.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 11, 2018

“Excellent for animation videos”

Pros- you have access to a lot of pre-made templates - you can export your video in 720p or 1080p depending on your price plan - you can use unlimited fonts on your videos
Cons- you have a limited number of videos you can make per month (depending on your plan) - its only for animation videos
Devon A.
Assistant Vice President
Insurance, 5001-10,000 employees
March 26, 2019

“Simple and basic animation maker”

ProsI like the templates and the ability to drop objects in with ease.
ConsThe UI was a little clunky and there were times I found myself frustrated looking for tools to use and trying to find a window that disappeared.
March 26, 2019