PetDesk Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

About PetDesk

Shopping for new practice management software? Maybe you just need to supercharge your current software. Designed with busy veterinary practices in mind, PetDesk syncs with 20 practice management systems to streamline client communications. We keep your staff happy, patients healthy, and practice profitable. With our easy-to-use dashboard and mobile app, you can manage reminders and confirmations, online scheduling, targeted messages, online reviews, and even a loyalty program. Learn more about PetDesk

Thomas L.
June 17, 2019

“Excellent veterinary support software.”

OverallPositive experience overall. The appointment reminder texts/emails have been outstanding. The reduction in no calls/no shows is super helpful, as well as the appointment confirmation reminders generating cancellations that are not last minute. This allows the clinic to make much better use of it's already stretched resources. I do like the provision of a company website, and I would like to do more customization with it in the near future.
ProsThe biggest selling point of PetDesk for my clinic was the automated due date and appointment reminders. We didn't have a large amount of no calls/no shows prior to PetDesk implementation, but now that we use PetDesk that number is the smallest is has ever been. Our no calls/no shows are in the single digits each week. No longer having to print out and stamp/mail hundreds of reminder postcards every month is another thing I will definitely not miss.
ConsI wish there was a way to filter out or prevent certain kinds of appointment requests. For example, I manage a single doctor practice and this DVM has a MASSIVE clientele. He is booked out 1-2 weeks constantly. We ceased to take new clients a couple years ago in hopes that he could get his work load under control (still a work in progress). I get a large number of requests from new clients, and I have to turn them all away. I am not sure how such a feature would even be possible, but it would be nice if there was a way to only allow those with an existing record match to request appointments. The other gripe is similar to the first. I wish there was a way to prevent clients from requesting surgical appointments without first having a related exam/UTD vacs. It's a hassle to have to contact someone who has not had their pet in for an exam in 3 years and explain to them why we cannot simply schedule a dental, and then have to listen to the counterargument that if an exam is necessary, they should not have been able to request the surgery appointment as they did. Last complaint, and it is small. I wish the character limit outside of "direct messaging" was not so small. Having to find ways to summarize why I am suggesting alternative appointments to what the client requested in such a small number of characters is a hassle.
Lisa M.
Veterinary Technician
January 29, 2019

“Time saver & great compliance addition”

OverallOverall, PetDesk has saved staff time when having to schedule appointments and deal with the reminder system. We believe PetDesk has also been a great tool for client retention, gaining new clients, and client compliance. We've also noticed that our amount of no show appointments has almost diminished thanks to PetDesk. We vetted several other services before making our choice and PetDesk was the best for our practice. It is also nice that it includes statistics and clients can leave reviews that we see on PetDesk and can address any issues that may arise in the reviews.
ProsI love that we no longer have to spend loads of time sorting through 1st, 2nd and 3rd reminders. We have been able to customize our appointment reminders to clients. We are able to alter our appointment time slots. Being able to send out mass e-mails about upcoming promotions or closings is also a great addition. We preferred a service that did not make alterations or use our scheduler so that we would limit any simultaneous scheduling errors and still have control of our daily appointment and block offs since they change. Our clients love that they can e-mail questions and request medication refills through the app. We spend less time on the phone scheduling appointments which frees up the tech staff since they are responsible for phones.
ConsI wish that we had a calendar on our app end that would allow us to have black out dates for upcoming holidays or closings. Instead, we have to go in and block out a day ahead of time and then remember to open the availability again once we are back to work. We wish that new clients had to enter more information when requesting an appointment. The information is very incomplete and we always have to play phone tag to get complete information as well as a better understanding of their situation. As well, it would be nice if when a client chooses to schedule a surgery they are only allowed to choose from the days we do surgeries.
Tracy N.
Co-owner/Hospital Administrator
May 3, 2018

“Can't imagine doing what we do without the help of Pet Desk! ”

OverallIncreased compliance from our clients due to the fact there are more ways they can contact us now. We also get the benefit of cutting back on some of our incoming calls now and can answer client requests (via the Pet Desk Dashboard) at a time that doesn't take away from our face-to-face interactions with customers in the clinic.
ProsOur clients love that they can make appointments, refill meds and be reminded of appointments through their Pet Desk app. People lead busy lives and don't often have time to call our clinic during the day so using the Pet Desk app has been great for our customers. Our compliance with health service reminders has improved since now it is even easier to schedule visits with us. We also love that the clinic saves money on postage and reminder postcards because Pet Desk is able to send emails to the clients who prefer them, and send postcards to the rest. Most of our clients prefer email so there has been a great cost savings there. We now have an easy way to send messages to our clients as well as send mass emails to them when necessary. In addition to all of the great features Pet Desk has to offer we are also very happy with the customer service we receive from the Pet Desk team whenever we have questions.
ConsSo far we haven't found anything we don't like about the software. If we could change anything we would like to personalize the photos that our clients see when they land on a Pet Desk page from our website. For instance, when our clients (who are not app users) click to schedule an appointment from our website, we don't love the page they land on. We are a feline only practice and, although we love dogs too, would like to be able to choose a cat-only photo for this page.
Aimee D.
November 14, 2017

“The app is great, but their sevice team is hands down the very best!”

OverallWe did a fair amount of comparison between different companies and options for reminders, client communication, etc. Many companies and apps were about "rewards programs", which we aren't a fan of; we don't sell groceries, we practice medicine! At the time, we were using a different company and our clients weren't a big fan of using the portal. Since switching over to Pet Desk, we process (electronic and mail) reminders as well as communicate with clients, costing less money with far better response. So far, our clients and staff love the Pet Desk app. It has opened up new methods of communication with our clients, including adding a personal touch by sending pictures of their pets via text while visiting us...without our staff losing privacy or sharing their number. We can send group e-mails/messages to notify clients of upcoming events, closings, education, reminders for PE/vaccines, etc. We can handle scheduling, Rx refills, answer questions and resolve a lot of communication without having to use multiple resources. With today's busy schedules, I find that our clients like the "text" option over calling. As a client/pet owner, I love having the app (even though I have regular access to my pet's records) to add reminders, show pictures of my pets to friends/family, have access to my pet's records for immediate release of info, etc. I can edit/add information/details (diet, license/microchip #), add additional "providers" (local emergency services, specialist referrals, boarding, grooming, training, day care, pet stores, etc.) without other companies accessing the client/patient information or privacy. Any editing done is non-medical information and does not transfer to our software; Pet Desk only sends updated information to the client's account, the practice never receiving data. The app even allows me to look at my pet's medication history, dates filled, quantity and instructions for administering. Another "perk" is that we have ASPCA pet insurance as a "provider" in our app, encouraging and allowing our clients to look into pet insurance without pressure. In addition to the app being a great tool for our practice, the service provided by the Pet Desk team has been phenomenal. Any questions that we've had were answered quickly and their support always positive and personable!
ProsSo far, our clients & staff love the Pet Desk app. It has opened up new methods of communication w/our clients, including adding a personal touch by sending pictures of their pets via text while visiting us w/out our staff losing privacy or sharing their number. We can send group e-mails/messages to notify clients of upcoming events, closings, education, reminders for PE/vaccines, etc. We can handle scheduling, Rx refills, answer questions & resolve a lot of communication w/out having to use multiple resources. W/today's busy schedules, I find that our clients like the "text" option over calling. As a client/pet owner, I love having the app to add reminders, show pictures of my pets to friends/family, have access to my pet's records for immediate release of info, etc. I can edit/add information/details (diet, license/microchip #), add additional "providers" (local emergency services, specialist referrals, boarding, grooming, training, day care, pet stores, etc.) w/out other companies accessing the client/patient information or privacy. Any editing done is non-medical information & does not transfer to our software; Pet Desk only sends updated information to the client's account, the practice never receiving data. The app even allows me to look at my pet's medication history, dates filled, quantity & instructions for administering. Another "perk" is offering ASPCA pet insurance w/out the clients feeling pressured.
ConsI wish it would truly integrate w/our software and lab. Otherwise it's a great addition and better than other options we've looked into.
November 14, 2017
Madyson R.
Receptionist and Media Correspondent
January 30, 2019

“Great resource but some bugs”

OverallOverall we benefit greatly from utilizing PetDesk at our practice and our clients seem to really enjoy this integrated technology. I would like to see an expansion of communication tools, i.e. increase of character limit via text and appointment scheduling communication, and possibly more "alternate time" options beyond the mere 2 that is currently available, in addition to suggestions previously stated.
ProsHaving a app that clients can use to communicate, and request prescriptions and appointments has been amazing. Clients seem to enjoy the ease of being able to make these requests electronically, and client confirmations takes a load off of our front-desk staff. Contact via text has been an extremely helpful tool for when phone calls and voicemails are not getting through.
ConsThere have been some issues with syncing between our software scheduler and the PetDesk scheduler. Some confusion also takes place when pets have multiple owners. I think secondary owners would like to be able to access their pets information without having to use the primary owners login information. This breakdown is also initiated if "primary" owner information is altered between more than one person in our records. It would be helpful on our clinic end, if new clients were prompted to input more basic information about their pet(s)- we often are only aware of the name and species and nothing else about the animal.
Jaime W.
April 19, 2019

“Best Program!”

OverallCommunication is key and with PetDesk we are able to communicate with our clients quickly and there is no "phone tag". This has saved our client relations team hours of phone time and they are able to give our clients that are in clinic more attention.
ProsWe had tried many different marketing programs to help ease the work load of our client service team as well as help drive appointments. PetDesk has been the best program to help us with it all. They helped us build a beautiful updated website and are able to make updates/changes quickly when we need them. The program helps with appointment confirmations, upcoming/past due reminders, mass emails, and text communications. My favorite part would be the personalized app. With today's technology, the new generations need an app for everything and the PetDesk app does it all. Clients can even request new appointments, cancel appointments and request medication refills directly through the app. They even enjoy the loyalty program. Our client relations team raves about how much time they have saved with the new form of communicating with our clients and how easy the dashboard is to use.
ConsThere are times when responding to clients through the dashboard we are limited on the amount of characters we can use. We always want to give the best customer service and with limited characters we have to cut it short.
April 19, 2019
Andrea T.
May 3, 2018

“We love PetDesk at our practice! ”

ProsOur CSR team gets a "break" from answering the phones while our clients schedule online! We love having such an easy option for our ever growing millennial pet owners!
ConsWe would love to see more functionality for appt. scheduling. It would be great to be able to set up different appts. with different guidelines. For example, our wellness exams book out between 4-6 wks. and we would like to be able to restrict clients from requesting them prior to with a nice note that explains why. We would also love to be able to have appts. on our schedule that are tagged in a way that doesn't allow a follow up survey. This would apply to boarders who are in clinic. It's unfortunate that these clients get a follow up survey when their pets are still in our care. As you can imagine, they get quite alarmed by this. Another great option would be extending the client reply box. Our team often finds themselves replying to clients in a separate email to discuss upcoming services that are due etc. vs just simply replying through PetDesk.
Kerrie B.
Head Certified Veterinary Technician and inventory management
February 16, 2019

“Less phone time and fun app”

OverallIt's been great. I feel like I can concentrate more on my job and it helps our receptionist and manager be able to communicate to our clients in a efficient manner.
ProsThis software has saved me so much time. With Reminders and reaching out to our clients it has saved us a ton of time. When I was doing reminders with snail mail it took me over 5 hours. Now with texting, emailing, and sending cards for us that is more time for me to do more necessary duties at the clinic. We are also able to double check phone numbers, emails, and contact information that petdesk alerts us before our clients come here. Our clients love the app to request RX refills and make appointments without even calling us on the phone. We can also send mass messages about Holiday closers and promotions we have coming up. We feel more connected to our clients now with Petdesk and that is important to us in the Veterinary Business.
Consunderstanding more about the stats and graphs with the program. I seem to ask everytime because I have to redefine the meaning of them.
February 16, 2019
Leel M.
November 7, 2017

“A very effective app for business owners & clients alike!”

OverallHaving my clients reminded of their appointments and giving them the flexibility to schedule an appointment 24/7 is VERY useful! Being able to see their reviews, comments, and messaging them individually or collectively is a great tool to have as well!
ProsVery easy to use for a busy business owner and client. The customization for clients is great! Having an app readily available to reach clients through their smart phone is AMAZING! I love it that it links to my existing POS software to download appointments. Having the flexibility to change appointment times/hours instantly is very useful as well!
ConsI would like messages to clients to be sent exactly when I would like them sent . I also would love it if there was an option for our BEST clients to be sent directly to Yelp or Google+ for reviews because they have review fatigue with this app and then do not review elsewhere.
Cami H.
Licensed Veterinary Technician
July 18, 2019

“Our clients love it!”

OverallIt has been very beneficial to our clinic. I feel like it helped bring us into the modern age.
ProsIt decreases our workload by sending out our reminders and clients love that they can track their pets records on their phones, Receive text reminders, and request appointments. This also decreases our number of incoming calls which is fantastic because they are always ringing off the hook!
ConsWe have two clinics that run off of the same software but petdesk doesn't differentiate the clinics. All of our reminders go out under our base clinics name and phone number which confuses clients and cAuses scheduling errors on occasion.
July 18, 2019
Linda M.
office manager
July 1, 2019

“Love Pet Desk - Can't remember working without it”

ProsEase of use. Cuts down on phone time for front office staff. Easy, quick, and efficient contact with clients, who love the service and its convenience. Really like the reports provided from reviews to graph charts.
ConsNothing. It is all it says it is and more.
July 1, 2019
Brandy R.
vet assistant
July 3, 2019

“Love this app”

OverallMy experience with them has been great. Like stated earlier I was here shortly after this product hit the market and have seen them progress, develop and be innovative with future needs.
ProsI love the ease of use. We have been with this company for a very long time and have seen them progress through the years. I love the dashboard it is simple and easy to maneuver. The customer service is great!. We are currently working on getting the app for another clinic we are not associated with.
ConsThe price. I see the price has taken a significant increase. I do know from shopping around that the price is average for what you are looking for. I can say though that at this price I personally feel this is one of the best apps I have had a chance to work with.
July 3, 2019
Amy B.
Practice manager
May 4, 2018

“Kayla Thompson is always very helpful when I call with questions!”

ProsThe ease of confirming appointments and the reviews are so easily excessible. The ease of corresponding with clients and the PetDesk app is something the client's really enjoy.
ConsI do not like the format for medication requests and refills. Although I have been told that it has been updated and that clients need to update their app to see that it is a better system, I am not seeing it. I don't like how it comes in as a appointment request and that there is not a field for quantity. For example we have several clients that request their pet's monthly heartworm and flea & tick preventive medication but always fail to mention how many they want. This is a medication that usually varies as to the quantity due to what client's can spend at that time. So we still need to contact them before we can complete the request.
Demy B.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

“Useful & Efficient”

OverallWe appreciate the ease of PetDesk and our clients appreciate the ability to be in control of their pet's information (scheduling, vaccine reminders, medication refills).
ProsEase of use, my staff is able to handle emergency calls while simple visits and medication refills can be scheduled online. Also, it has freed-up the staff from having to call 25+ appointments per day and sending emails by confirming via text message and email!
ConsClients often try to schedule appointments when the schedules are already full to capacity or during lunch time. But it is easily remedied with a message through the app of a phone call.
Kelly S.
November 10, 2017

“Our online reviews have increased so much since we starting using PetDesk. ”

ProsTheir customer service is wonderful! They get back to you instantly and will take any suggestions for improvements seriously. We have so many new clients request appointments using the app (up to 10 a week), we might have a no show or two but we still gain quite a few new clients a month.
ConsIt would be nice if new clients were required to fully fill out the patient information fields. Its hard to make an appt not knowing what kind of animal, how old, etc. Notes for sick visit requests should be required too. We get many sick visits for new clients with no explanation of why they are sick.
Sara T.
May 3, 2018

“We switched to PetDesk from another reminder system and couldn't be happier with the results.”

ProsI enjoy the ease of use and clean design of the dashboard and app. Its much "more" than a reminder system. It was easy to get set up and started. Our clients have enjoyed the app and loyalty program. I really love the review system which has helped increase our Google reviews. They provide "non-compliant" list that helps you identify and contact lost clients to get them back in. I also really like that their customer service is great and they are always checking in with us, improving the software and adding new features.
ConsThere isn't a whole lot I don't like about PetDesk. Cost-wise I believe it is a good value and comparable to other services, but not necessarily "cheap" when you add the cost of postcards. A few clients have complained about getting too many emails, but this is extremely easy to customize a client's communication preferences.
Richard R.
Veterinarian / Owner
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

“Vet review of PetDest”

OverallThe support team is amazing and always there when you need them. They have helped us with our website, and online presence. The app usage has been wonderful for our younger clientele. Overall, it has been the easiest change our business has done and has been great to use for everyone.
ProsWe like how much our customers enjoy using this app. It is easy for us to use / review. It is incredibly helpful at getting us online reviews. Also, customers love to put photos of their pets up and this is a great way to do that and track their "family" members health.
ConsI believe it is being worked on, but the lack of availability for an owner to choose a specific doctor when making their appointment.
Diana R.
Co- Owner/practice manager
May 11, 2018

“Invaluable tool. Clients love it.”

OverallWe can help clients without the phone as we are able to get to them. Clients contact us at their convenience.
ProsRapid support. Problems solved the same day. If I can't find the solution for a client, support takes care of the issue.
ConsRedundant email/text. Some clients have said too many per visit. But some still miss appointments. We frequently have clients come in at the correct time but wrong day, usually one week early. They don't see the date of the month as much as day of the week.
May 11, 2018
Lesley Y.
Practice Manager, RVT
November 15, 2017

“It has been great! ”

OverallWe are a very busy clinic and this has freed up a lot of time for all of our employees. No show appointments have been reduced, which is always good.
ProsEasy to schedule appointments without being on the phone. It's been great as far as communicating with our clients via text or email. Not having to send reminders has been pretty awesome too.
ConsNot being able to make adjustments to client info. It would be nice to be able to change/add a phone number or email address right away, rather than wait for info. transfer/update with practice management software. It would also come in handy with deceased/euthanized pets, to be able to change settings on them right away also.
November 15, 2017
Amanda B.
Office Manager LVT
June 26, 2019

“Client's and Staff Love PetDesk”

ProsPetDesk has helped our staff work more efficiently and has saved so much time in fielding phone calls for appointments, refills, and vaccine history. With a push of a button our clients have access to all of this valuable information. It has also helped with client compliance for follow-up appointments and scheduling.
ConsOverall we are extremely happy with our software. Only wish we implemented this sooner.
June 26, 2019
Kristen H.
Veterinarian/Owner
March 7, 2018

“I use this app for reminders, health records and for my clients to schedule appointments.”

OverallWe get more clientele coming to us and are picking up those with outdated vaccine histories because of its ease of use.
ProsI love that clients can schedule and cancel appointments through the app. It greatly decreases the amount of phone traffic that we have, while being convenient for the client.
ConsI wish we could have access to all of the medical history and be able to transfer it to another veterinarian in the instance that a patient is out of town at another clinic.
March 7, 2018
Jillian M.
Assistant Manager
May 3, 2018

“Customer Service is ALWAYS helpful and responsive. ”

OverallAs a user myself, I enjoy being able to just have all the important information I need for my pet at the palm of my hands, day or night. On the business aspect I think its a great benefit to reach out to our busy clients who can't always pick up the phone, but still care a great deal for their pets health and needs.
ProsI like that PetDesk is user fairly user for our tech savvy clients. The information that is provided for our clients for each of their pets is always helpful for owners to help us keep their pets healthy. Ease of appointment scheduling is a time saver for our busy clients!
ConsIt would be helpful to be able to "opt" clients into the rewards program for them. We have a lot of elder clients whom are not high-tech or have smart phones. It would ease getting all our clients enrolled!
Jessica K.
office manager

“Love Pet Desk”

OverallClients really do use this. It was hard to imagine not having an app for our clients!
ProsOur clients love the convenience of Pet Desk. They can schedule appts/fill medicine without a phone call. It really frees up a lot of phone time for our front desk staff.
ConsSometimes clients will receive a confirmation for the wrong time. It has happened a few times, and not necessarily because there was a change in appointment day/time. Not sure what some of the kinks are, but generally, we are happy with Pet Desk!

By PetDesk on June 18, 2019
Thanks Jessica! We're so glad to be able to help save time for your front desk staff and give your clients a convenient way to engage with your practice though the app! Also, we'll make sure to investigate those kinks you're experiencing with confirmations.
Laura B.
June 24, 2019

“We love PetDesk!”

OverallI love dealing with PetDesk. The customer service is amazing! You seriously will not meet a better group to work with. I recommend PetDesk on all of my manager social media platforms.
ProsThe ease of use for our clients is by far the biggest pro! Our clients love that they can put their pet's pics right on the app and that they have access to vaccine records and reminders. PetDesk has made our lives so much easier!
ConsSometimes we have clients that receive appointment reminders for appointments that they have already changed, but that happens very rarely.
June 24, 2019
Donna R.
DVM
February 3, 2019

“Solid service”

OverallFilled our needs for text and email reminders; saving money on avoiding needless postcard mailers; helps recoup lapsed clients; saves my staff a lot of time; app is easy to use and informative for clients
ProsEasy and intuitive to work with. Was a seamless transition to get things started with our business
ConsI would like a better way to do 2-way , real time communication with my clients
February 3, 2019
ANGEL B.
DVM/Owner

“Very Satisfied”

ProsThe reminders via email, text and through app increase my client compliance on preventative care and minimizes the work we do to insure appointments are made and kept. The website and the app together cost less than the website building service that I used before. It's a good deal.
ConsI do not have any complaints to register.
Jill H.
Practice manager

“Exceeding expectations ”

OverallIt saves receptionists time with reminders and confirmations. Love the medication refill.
ProsI love that Pet Desk is always looking for ways to improve. It is great already and they send an update email on what they are working on once a month. Love the automatic confirmation of each appointment.
ConsNot much I can think of. It is a great asset to the hospital.
Steven J.
Marketing Manager
January 8, 2019

“Best Pet App Available”

ProsAble to add vets whether they are on the platform or not. Medication Reminders are also nice! My vet is on the app so I am able to see my pets' upcoming appointments and access vaccination records.
ConsI really don't have much to say negatively about the app. I think some of the email reminders I am sent through the app could stand some visual improvements.
January 8, 2019
Nicole T.
Assistant Director
October 3, 2018

“PetDesk is quality”

OverallThe customer service aspect is great. They are always friendly and helpful. Our account manager checks in from time to time to see if we need any materials or a refresher training. They've just been great throughout the whole time we've used PetDesk.
ProsThe ease of use and seamless integration with our ImproMed software. Our clients love it!
ConsIf a client has two appointments for two pets in one day(say,Fluffy at 10am & Charlie at 4pm), PetDesk will only confirm the first appointment TIME, but will include both pets names. This has caused confusion and double bookings.
October 3, 2018
Rebecca M.
May 4, 2018

“We've have had wonderful experience with PetDesk. Super satisfied!”

OverallWe LOVE that our clients can request appointments and med refills online, or on their phones. The clients love that they can confirm their appointments through text and email. It makes our jobs so much easier, and with just a glance with their back office information we can see how we are doing compared to other clinics!
ProsVery attentive to our needs! Setup was fairly quick and painless. They were able to integrate with our chosen Cloud veterinary practice management software easily.
ConsThere are still some glitches, but when addressed the PetDesk team gets right on it to clear any issues.
Lica S.
Vet Assistant/ Receptionist
May 3, 2018

“Since we started using pet desk it has made thing easier for our staff and clients! ”

ProsSaves us time that would be spent on the phone. Easy to communicate with our clients through the messaging system. The reminder services are great too, our intake calls about reminder have increased since starting
ConsIt would be great if there was a may to merge/seperate account in the system other than through infinity. We wish there was a system for deleted appointment times where the client will get a confirmation that we saw it and deleted the appointment with a log or something so we know it was taken care of as well. People will forget to delete the appt. in our program but will delete the request in petdesk. A log of some sort would help with that.
Michelle D.
Lead Receptionist

“Petdesk is Great!”

OverallPetDesk has saved a lot of time for our receptionists. They no longer have to call every single appointment and send out reminder cards every month.
ProsI like the ease for clients to schedule appointments, request refills, and see when their pets are due for items. The reminders are great as well
ConsThe inability for the reviews to go to google/yelp
Beth C.
February 21, 2019

“PetDesk ”

OverallPetDesk has saved a great number of staff our. Our client communication has increased ten fold.
ProsIt is very user friendly...easy to navigate, looks professional.
ConsOnce a client downloads the app, that person's information is connected to our information until they change it themselves...has been a bit tricky in client divorce/splitting up situations.
February 21, 2019
July 21, 2019

“Great Veterinary Support Software”

ProsPetDesk has saved our company so much time when it comes to communicating, scheduling appointments and sending out reminders. It is easy to use and our customers seem to be highly willing to integrate it - especially the younger adults. Our staff enjoys not having to make as many phone calls when following up with clients.
ConsThe only thing that we don't like about PetDesk is the limited character count when communicating with clients. When we are unable to provide a full explanation it forces us to go off the app and call instead in order to provide the right level of customer service.
July 21, 2019
Jill H.
February 6, 2019

“Amazing App”

OverallPet Desk is amazing. It is very user friendly and our clients love it.
ProsThe auto appointment confirmations has been a huge time saver for our front staff. We are also using the post cards which are great quality.
ConsI wish that you could go back and see the appointment original request notes that the client left
February 6, 2019
Casey K.
November 10, 2017

“We love using PetDesk everyday! Our clients love it more!”

OverallWe have happy clients and happy staff. Making appointments, medication refills, confirming appointments, and being able to see vaccinations is outstanding! We are so happy to be able to use such an outstanding app!
ProsThe reward points are amazing! Its so nice to be able to give discounts to all of our clients! And we all love being able to see our vaccination records and be able to email and print them off from anywhere! It also helps my front desk with phone traffic, because everyone can make appointments through the app.
ConsSometimes it gets a little slow. But honestly we cant tell if that's our wifi or not. Other than that we can't complain about anything else!
Rachel J.
February 5, 2019

“Overall Satisfaction”

OverallVery Satisfied with the software.
ProsThe ease of use. Multiple functions available for use of practice Account manager keeps us informed and is very knowledgeable. She is great!
ConsSubmission for mass messages takes 24-48 hours and are not available for submission over the weekend.
February 5, 2019
Lacie R.
Supervisor
November 8, 2017

“Customer service is always on point. We always feel we have great communication with Pet Desk”

OverallThe mobile app has made client communication so much easier. The customer service representatives are always super friendly and very knowledgeable.
ProsAmazing customer service! The app alone is definitely worth it. PetDesk customer service is always available and has the friendliest representatives. The dashboard is super easy to use and the alerts for missing or incorrect information is fool proof.
ConsWe have nothing negative to say about Pet Desk! Honestly, Pet Desk has everything and more that our previous service had. The mobile app is what drew our attention to Pet Desk and we do not regret changing services at all!
September 17, 2019

“Pet Desk for Additional Veterinary Appointment Support”

OverallThe app allows clients to confirm appointments or make changes directly from their smartphones and is easier to use than a web browser would be. You are able to set email reminders to be sent out at a certain frequency allowing for time to be saved in many areas.
ProsThis software allows you to set the level and method of reminders that you would like to be sent out consistently saving time for receptionists as we no longer have to call about appointment reminders or manually send emails or alerts.
ConsThe only downside to this system is that not everyone appreciates the constant reminders, especially if they are still coming from other methods as well. Because I usually still call to remind clients of appointments, some have noted that they receive too many reminders. There is also a certain demographic that frequents our hospital that doesn't understand how to use the software and though we do offer help in learning, some people are resistant.
September 17, 2019
Beth B.
Vet Tech

“Petdesk Review”

OverallStill needs slight changes, but definitely a great resource.
ProsEasy to use, convenient for us and customers, pushes reminders about treatments that are due, allows clients to confirm appointments.
ConsYou can't shut off appointment requests the night before if fully booked. Also can't shut off appointment requests for certain times if for say we have surgery in the morning and don't take appointments.
Liz F.
Veterinary Assistant
May 4, 2018

“This is the first app we've used as a clinic, and it's been great!”

OverallLess phone calls, easier/faster way to communicate with clients
ProsReally intuitive and easy to use. All the latest updates have just made it even better. Now can have separate clinic hours from appointment hours, which makes scheduling even easier!
ConsWish clients could access a bit more info about their pet's medical history. Possibly an easier way for clients to request a multi-pet appointment would be nice too.
Tammy D.
Receptionist
December 20, 2017

“Easy to download/use. Employees and clients also really enjoy it too.”

ProsIncredibly easy to use. Can make multiple appointments in the time it takes to complete one phone call. Customer Service chat is convenient and helpful. I really enjoy using the app and wish more clients would download it. Get a lot of comments from staff and clients about ease of use.
ConsHave had a couple issues with clients getting reminders via app that have already been completed. Customer support has never really been able to pinpoint the cause. Could just be user error. Otherwise, there isn't much I don't like about this software.
December 20, 2017
Misty A.
Receptionist
November 8, 2017

“I have thoroughly enjoyed these program.”

OverallThe ease of use and the time saving has been very beneficial.
ProsThe ability for my clients to email me at any time of the night and the fact that I do not have to hand print reminders and maintain paper follow up pages.
ConsWe have some clients that are not technically educated and have complained that they receive multiple reminders. It may have been some of our fault because we did not have enough staff to monitor the program.
Teri J.
August 8, 2019

“An easy app for clients and staff”

ProsThe reliable notification and ability to have "text" conversations with clients without using a cell phone
ConsNotifications can be a bit confusing for clients, but that is only on special appointment types
August 8, 2019
Maria M.
January 29, 2019

“Good tool but missing key pieces”

OverallLightened load from volume of calls
ProsEase of use, for both clients and us. Like the one question feedback
Consnot getting enough info at initial contact with new client. We always end up having to call to fill in the blanks
Sheila R.
Veteeinarian

“Great reminder system ”

OverallGet system to offer to clients, easy to use and love the ability to text and send photos through the app
ProsPetDesk is easy to use, offers a great reminder platform, as well as a great way to text clients through the app
ConsI do not like that it does not link to practice management software, so we need to take additional steps to document communications through petdesk with clients
Kendra M.
Reiki Master
May 4, 2018

“Overall makes my work life much easier.”

ProsThe ease of use, client compliance, the app (if downloaded). It's very helpful for clients to have access to vaccine history and to be able to request things without calling.
ConsI really wish we were able to text clients directly and receive them back. If people don't download the app, it's not really convenient to communicate via email for quick responses.
Alyssa J.
Client Service Manager
November 7, 2017

“Overall very user friendly and straightforward ”

Prosuser-friendly interface; appointment scheduling and cancellations are simple; the new ROI report is a cool feature
ConsThe character limits for sending direct messages or responding to appointment requests are often too restricting and we can't fit necessary information in those messages. The reviews requests are sent too frequently, as well, and can be irritating to clients.
noam l.
practice manager
July 19, 2019

“Great Product!”

Overalloverall this product largely increased client compliance and proactively creates appointments.
ProsThe fact that customers get reminders in two different ways, and they can access their own records + request appointments easily.
Consoccasionally it glitches and schedules people when the appointment hasn't been confirmed. or it confirms for the wrong day.
July 19, 2019
Linda M.

“Best Pet Care App!”

OverallWe have been extremely pleased with PetDesk!!!
ProsThe ease of use for both the clinic staff and the clients is really great. The clients love the photo option and the prescription reminders.
ConsThe only complaint we have is when we reschedule an appointment in our eVet software, PetDesk won't recognize that and send the reminders for the rescheduled time.