Kangarootime Ratings

Overall

About Kangarootime

Our laser focus is to alleviate tedious administrative work for owners and directors and to free up their resources so they can make magic happen. Kangarootime has created the most comprehensive billing platform ever developed for early education businesses. In addition, we have constructed the concept of paperless child care via a Document Manager that automates every single required document from teachers' credentials to family enrollments. Learn more about Kangarootime

Lynda M.
September 18, 2017

“Kangarootime has helped to free some of my time since I don't have to make sign-in sheets every week”

ProsI find Kangarootime user friendly and once you learn how to operate it, it's pretty easy. I like the fact that all the children are assigned into classrooms, so I know who is here and who is absent. I also like the fact that the company is always improving functions and making it easier for everyone to use.
ConsWhen you are on one page and need to go to another, it is difficult to go back and at times you have to start from the beginning. We should be able to go back and forth, from page to page with out being dumped out of the system. In the messaging area I would like the parent to be assigned to a child especially if they have a different last name. In the afternoon the teachers stay on the main rooming page as, they are responsible for check out for all the children and you don't see when any new messages come in. If parents don't request check in or check out, we don't know if that child is here until we are in our separate classrooms or ready to go home.
Lailanie J.
Executive Director
January 26, 2018

“Kangarootime and their staff has made our transition smooth and comfortable! We are big fans!”

ProsAs a director, I love that I have access to the families information, who is in school that day, what teachers are there, can message families, etc. all remotely. I dont have to rustle through paperwork or interrupt the teachers teaching for information that I can easily look up. The time/date stamps for attendance, the family info, the messaging everyone at the same time are my favorite features and has saved me time.
ConsThat a child cannot have another person's guardian on their pick up list. That has been a frustrating issue for parents and teachers, and have had to resort to signing original paperwork in the meantime on those occasions.

By Kangarootime on February 8, 2018
Hello Lailanie! The guardian issues will soon be resolved! Please make sure that you reach out to our customer success team to show you the MASSIVE updates in the Hopper. We have implemented the 'Education' 'Developmental' and 'Cognitive' milestones. Hope all is well! Scott Wayman Founder and CEO
January 26, 2018
Dawn W.
Facilities and Systems Manager

“We LOVE Kangarootime!”

OverallSaves time and paper with daily reports. Electronics payment options for parents.
ProsWe like that there is no more paper shine reports. Parents can see all about their child's day in email and on the app. Also, being able to see where the children are and tracking ratios make it easy to make staffing decisions. We love the customer service provided. They are quick to answer questions and constantly developing improvements. They listen to our suggestions to try to meet the needs of our unique center.
ConsBilling, Plans, Invoices all require lots of steps that we hope will be more streamlined soon.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking to go paperless, Kangarootime is the way to go!

By Kangarootime on March 13, 2018
We're always glad to receive customer feedback, thank you Dawn! We've updated the filtering options and usability of messages, but we're always continuing to improve these features with customers like you in mind!
Christina M.
Executive Director
September 12, 2017

“I have enjoyed the software and the switch over. ”

OverallIt is mostly a time saver and parents love being able to pay online
ProsI like having all of the parent communication piece and my management piece in one software. like being able to look at what the teachers are inputting.
ConsNot having the Employee section ready and not having the Federal Food Program forms ready. Right now not being able to sumbit this form

By Kangarootime on September 13, 2017
Christina, Thanks so much for the review. Employee section and Food Report automation will be here before the end of the year! Thanks so much for being the best!
Chelsea Z.
admin/teacher
December 8, 2017

“My overall experience with KT has been great! I enjoy working with the program.”

OverallKangarootime is a great tool to use for childcare facilities! It helps our center stay organized and simple.
ProsI like the feature where all the child information is easy to access quickly. Also, the employee features where staff can clock in without having to sign in every time. Its much more convenient for teachers who are in a hurry to get to class. The Development and Support teams always get things done quickly and are very helpful.
ConsKT phone App does not always work and tends to be frustrating to parents.

By Kangarootime on March 14, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, Chelsea! We have made several updates to the parent app recently and we're continuing to improve it even more! We can't wait to release the staff schedule feature!
Annette M.
September 12, 2017

“Hands down, the best customer service team. Any issues are quickly and effectively handled.”

ProsThe tuition payment tracking capability as well as the ability to stay connected to our parents throughout the day are the two greatest features of this program. The extra security that the check in and check out feature provide are invaluable. I am very happy with the decision to stay with Kangarootime - we did research other child care management software when taking over this facility and felt that this one best suited our needs. The customer support has been outstanding.
ConsHearing from parents that they are unhappy about the credit card surcharge is what we like least about this program.

By Kangarootime on September 13, 2017
Annette, we are so honored to have you as a customer. This one one our first 'resales' where we transitioned to a new ownership team. Thanks for being so mindful with everything going on in your new business. Please let us know how we can add to your NPS (Net Promoter Score) as that is our obsession to assure that you delight the families you serve. Thanks, Scott Wayman Founder and CEO
Leigh M.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“It's a wonderful tool to connect with others!”

ProsThe ability to digitally communicate with clients/parents/coworkers, upload and store photos, and share special milestones
ConsThere are some bugs to work out from time to time but their customer service team is very responsive and always willing to take suggestions

By Kangarootime on July 19, 2019
Leigh, Thanks so much for the feedback. We are REALLY excited to show some of the new features and look forward to the continued feedback.
July 16, 2019
Steve L.
August 25, 2017

“Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers.”

OverallEmpowering my teachers to be responsible for teacher/child ratios, communicating with parents, and documenting cool things that happen each day.
ProsKangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers and strive to improve the software to meet the needs of my center. Many issues have been fixed or improved within 7 days which is really fast in the software world.
ConsWaiting for more great features! I know they work very hard and things are improving very quickly but its hard to wait when your business doesn't wait for you.
Jenna H.
Administrator
December 11, 2017

“Life Changing”

ProsI love how easy my job is now that I'm using Kangarootime! Everything I have to do as an Administrator is fast and easy and accurate - from billing to reporting and the in-classroom portion is amazing. I love that I can log on from anywhere and see exactly what my ratios are in the entire center, even when I'm home sick. This software changed my life and my staff and parents LOVE it. I have an edge on my competition now that I'm using this.

By Kangarootime on December 12, 2017
Jenna, Thanks so much for the feedback!
December 11, 2017
Melissa A.
April 3, 2018

“ We are so happy with Kangarootime and it's customer service!”

ProsWhat I like most about Kangarootime is the amount of information we are able to share with the parents on a daily basis.
ConsThere has not been anything that we like least since we have been using Kangarootime. Any questions we have come across, the kangarootime team has been amazing in answering them and guiding us.
Tara K.
Owner/director
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2017

“Super user friendly software and amazing customer support”

ProsI like that I can check in on my school at any time from anywhere. Parents love the daily reports and personal photo galleries. Teachers love how quickly and efficiently they can enter info throughout the day.
ConsEvery once in a while when the company makes updates the software temporarily messes up the next morning and can be unusable for an hour or so until they fix it. I will say the customer service is amazing and any hiccups are fixed extremely quickly

By Kangarootime on August 26, 2017
Tara, we appreciate the review!
August 26, 2017
Valarie P.
April 3, 2018

“What an AMAZING company to work with!! Customer Service is top notch and software is the best!!!”

ProsAs the owner of a center I love the billing feature and I can control everything right at my computer!
ConsThere is nothing negative that I can say at all. I all love Kangarootime and everything it has to offer our center!
Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2018

“Kangaroo Time has changed how we communicate with parents ”

ProsI love that I can digitally communicate with parents throughout the day to send photos, anecdotes, and reminders. It has changed how we communicate with them and eliminates all of the unnecessary paperwork.
ConsThere are still some bugs to work out but I can see that the team is working hard to make improvements
August 20, 2018
January 9, 2019

“What we've been waiting for”

OverallI was thrilled to find out that there was a program out there that managed all things childcare. I am looking forward to new features which will improve an already amazing and efficient program.
ProsEasy to use, all management tools are in one place,
ConsApp freezes if I accidentally hit the "back" button on my phone instead of the "X" when trying to exit the picture gallery, I do not get notifications when my children's teachers send new messages (I typically just happen upon them a day or so later), and it is 100% impossible for me to find a way to delete a guardian; I have been looking both on the app and on a computer browser for 2 days, and am now waiting for a call back from customer service.
January 9, 2019
Scott L.
August 25, 2017

“Excellent from the start! Great customer support! ”

OverallWent paperless
ProsThis software has everything I need all in one site. The daily reports and the tracking of children is by far the best I have seen out there! I researched many companies and kangarootime was the most user friendly and best deal out there!

By Kangarootime on August 26, 2017
Thanks so much Scott!!!
201-500 employees
February 6, 2018

“Functional and useful to a parent”

OverallI was able to see pictures and access my child's whole day with the click of a button.
ProsI like that the app and the website have the same set up and system functionality. It was easy as a parent to use the system, once I was set up into it. Payments were a breeze in the system, as well. The check in system was helpful and secure.
ConsThe pictures would glitch and freeze in the app, even when properly updated. On the website version of the software, once pictures were in the system for more than a week, they were unable to be opened.

By Kangarootime on February 8, 2018
Thanks so much for your review! The parent app is undergoing so very exciting changes and will provide you with some AWESOME functionality very soon. We are always so glad to hear from our parents and our goal is to bring you a connected experience. Please reach out to our customer success team any time! Scott Wayman Founder and CEO
February 6, 2018
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“A Step Down from Previous App”

ProsIt's slick looking and has all of the pieces you'd want as a parent of a child in daycare. Photos, notes, messages, check in/out
ConsNo notifications other than messages. Other apps will allow push notifications for all updates provided by the facility and this one doesn't. Also, on the activity feed, there is no time stamp. It rounds up/down to the closest hour (e.g. "about an hour ago") instead of saying "38 minutes ago" which is pretty useless when I need to know when the next meal or nap is due.

By Kangarootime on April 23, 2019
Hi! Thank you for the feedback! We totally understand your need for exact timing on your child's activities, so be sure to check out the "Daily Reports" section through the left hand menu where you can view your child's day with timestamps listed next to each entry. As for the notifications, we'll add some more customization in the future so you can choose what actions will alert you. Our goal is to create something that will fulfill everyone's needs, so thanks again for the feedback and feel free to reach out to us at support@kangarootime.com for any other questions about the new app!
April 18, 2019
breanna b.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2017

“have only been using this app for a couple months and I love it”

ProsThe real time report reports and the way the parents can communicate through messenger. Every parent has told me how much they like this app
ConsCant drag and drop :) its taking me a while to remember to click on the steps that I want but I will get use to it
Keely S.
Teacher
September 18, 2017

“It was hard to work at the beginning with check ins but over time we got it down pack.”

Overallwe did away with the paper and the signing in daily.
ProsThat we are able to contact all of our parents at once with the email application. Also that we are aware of when and what children are arriving.
ConsThat you need to log out every time you need to go to a different part of the program. And that only one person can be logged in at once.

By Kangarootime on March 14, 2018
Our customer success team was able to work with the staff at Precious Lamb to improve their usability, thanks for letting us know that the staff needed a bit more training on the system! You guys are awesome customers!