Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection Ratings

Overall

About Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

Multi-vector protection against viruses and malware offering full protection against all of today's sophisticated malware threats including Trojans, keyloggers, phishing, spyware, back-doors, rootkits, zero-day and advanced persistent threats. Built in Identity & Privacy Shield stops data being stolen or captured when using the Internet and the outbound firewall also stops malware stealing data. No need to worry about or run updates cloud-driven security means endpoints are always up to date. Learn more about Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

Anthony M.
Sr Systems Admin
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2019

“Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection”

OverallOverall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.
ProsWebroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.
ConsThe only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.
September 12, 2019
Legal Services, Self-employed
February 21, 2019

“Best PC protection available”

OverallIn spite of a few minor issues, I still think Webroot has the best protection out there. I would definitely recommend it to any small business owner.
ProsThe set-up for Webroot is extremely simple. You download the software, enter your product key and it does the rest. It has excellent explanations that tell you what each function does and how it works. For instance, it has a good explanation of how its firewall function manages connections to your machines that make sense to a non-technical person such as me. I love that it runs in the background without seeming to affect my computer and only gives pop-up messages when something needs attention. I love that the vendor offers discounts for multiple installations at a relatively small breakpoint. As a small business owner, it certainly makes the product more affordable.
ConsThe Webroot Filtering Extension is not always reliable. For example, it lists my company website as a potentially dangerous page when I know that there is nothing wrong with my page. It has also listed some of the websites of my clients as potentially dangerous pages. I have to admit that I don't know exactly how it decides which pages are malicious and which are not, but whatever method it uses seems a little off. There are also some challenges with the dashboard. I had a laptop crash and needed to re-install Windows. When I did, I wanted to release the license formerly assigned to the crashed laptop and re-assign it so that I would my number of licenses restriction. It was extremely difficult to do so. I ended up having to contact Support for help. And they were very helpful, but it just seems like something one ought to be able to do through the dashboard.
Warehousing, 11-50 employees
June 17, 2019

“Solid Anti Virus”

ProsThe installation package is very small, installs very quickly, and is easy to keep up to date. They just recently rolled out a new management console which is a welcome upgrade to the previous interface. I also like the ability to group my endpoints by location and apply different antivirus policies as needed without touching the actual machine or even remote desktop.
ConsIf you deactivate an endpoint it does not remove it from your account, it goes into a "deactivated endpoints" group, which can be confusing if you are new to Webroot.
June 17, 2019
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
January 14, 2019

“Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.”

OverallCurrently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions. In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.
ProsI have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.
ConsWebroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time. In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.
Steven M.
Operations Support Specialist
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
May 28, 2019

“Best of the best, but you pay for it”

OverallI continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution. We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.
ProsWebroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.
ConsWe faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.
May 28, 2019
Altagracia V.
Docencia
July 11, 2018

“It is a good alternative to keep our equipment and files safe from threats”

OverallIn general terms I can assure that today I feel very safe with this antivirus installed on my computers. It is a great protector, very efficient that has saved me several times from malware and Trojans that have put my files at risk.
ProsThis program can be used in different platafmormas and its price is competitive with respect to other antivirus in the market. It is light and does not slow down my machine. You have the option to program scans and do it in the background. The program runs on different operating systems which is a very positive aspect. Its interface is simple
ConsSometimes it detects false positives when we try to download an application that is clean. That is usually uncomfortable because it takes time away. Even so, I think that the positive aspects of this program go far beyond the negative ones

By Webroot Software on July 12, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and if you ever need help regarding a false positive, our support team is only a phone call away at 1-866-254-8400.
July 11, 2018
Paul S.
Analyst III
Machinery, 5001-10,000 employees
December 15, 2017

“Product is very good and is efficient. Does not slow most systems down.”

OverallLess admin overhead and less of a resource hog on the end points. It is a little harder to deploy, but since it is not 500GB, like some of the major players in the space, it works really well. Support has been good for helping us with some detections but the lack of fixed IP space for the clients to connect to is frustrating. And installing with the proxy setting is not always consistent.
ProsThe footprint is tiny. It is very fast and efficient. It does not slow down systems when it is working. Support is pretty good. I would say this is good software for a MSP or a smaller Org. We might find a replacement if they can't fix their problems.
ConsIt needs to talk to Amazon Cloud to check in with the portal. We don't allow access out to the internet without a proxy. WebRoot IP's are changing because they are on AWS. So we can't put IP based rules in our firewalls to allow access. And we are not going to allow all AWS IP's. I really wish WR would get a range of fixed IP's so the client can attach. When they can't attach, they get disconnected. They have a proxy option while installing, but it seems kind of intermittent. Works sometimes, and sometimes not.
December 15, 2017
Gary H.
Public Information Officer
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2019

“Keeps computer secure”

OverallWe've had no issues with Webroot to date, so it seems to be a pretty good security suite that runs unobtrusively.
ProsWe got this security software package when purchasing computers and support package from Best Buy/Geek Squad. The program runs in the background with minimal CPU usage and hasn't allowed any suspicious malware, viruses, etc. on the computers (as far as I can tell). It also has a web browser app that keeps you secure when browsing the internet on your phone.
ConsThere's not much reporting with this software. I like to see what it scanned, what it discovered, and actions taken, but in more detail.
August 22, 2019
Retail, Self-employed
January 18, 2019

“A Solid System that I Often Recommend”

ProsWebRoot is my go-to Anti-Virus and Digital Security System. I have worked in technology retail for many many years and I found that WebRoot was one of the more rigorous and aggressive systems for blocking unwanted programs and keeping my information safe; but also one that had the best User Interface and was able to be communicated clearly to the uninitiated. When having to choose between selling WebRoot and other software, I would always recommend WebRoot.
ConsI have very little negative feedback for WebRoot. It has kept my systems safe for many years and I continue to renew my account each year. I'm sure there may be features I'm not using optimally and not informed about such decisions, but I have been pleased with the product WebRoot has put out.
January 18, 2019
May 17, 2018

“Threat Intelligence”

OverallIt ensures that data from millions of sources, including real-world endpoints and our embedded security partners. Select data points are correlated across URLs, IP addresses, files, and mobile apps to enable predictive determinations on where threats may emerge, based on a guilt-by-association model.
ProsVery rarely requires an increased hardware profile Integrates directly with the partner's management console, policy engine, and reporting infrastructure.Scales across the partner's product lines, from solutions for SMBs to those for remote offices or roaming machines, to the data center Development efforts that can be leveraged across the same range of product lines.
ConsFrom the time it was installed to the time it was up and running we hadn't had any major issues that would cause any type of concern.
May 17, 2018
nyeisa b.
facilities assistant / sales
May 15, 2018

“Why i choose Webroot over other antiviruses”

OverallWebroot is a all around simple antivirus that keeps all your devices safe from harmful files and viruses. You can cover up to 5 devices under one membership
ProsWebroot is fairly priced in my opinion and not only that but you are allowed to have up to 5 devices per each membership. So you could cover your cell phone, labtop, desktop PC and whatever devices under the same membership. It runs smooth and it hardly ever slows up your PC or device while it is running, sometimes it will a little bit when you are scanning with it, but not slow enough to complain about unlike other antiviruses.
ConsThere are certain options it has that I have been trying to figure out and has been time consuming for example It took me forever to figure out and set up the password manager it offers, but it is something I really needed in my life. It has system optimize and system analyzer with it but it should have more options such as defrag or uninstall apps etc etc.
May 15, 2018
Tyler T.
IT Director
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2018

“hands down the best. Webroot is who you want watching your back.”

OverallIf you want real protection software, that wont slow your computer down or kill your wallet. Webroot is it! Nothing is better.
ProsCost effective Support agents, actually know their product Low resource Effective security Ease of use
ConsCentral management console only allows for reboots of the agent. I would like more control, remediation, and notification. no reports i can find so far.

By Webroot Software on February 28, 2018
Thanks for the review, Tyler. Always know that we have your back! It's our privileged. I saw that you'd like more reporting functionality and control. The team and I have seen these requests come in recently from others as well. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas to our Feature Request section so that you can help us make Webroot even better! Business Feature Requests: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/ent4 All the best and thank you again! Webroot Community Support Team
February 6, 2018
Emily A.
Dispatcher
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Webroot Review”

OverallI use Webroot on a daily basis and have been extremely satisfied with how quickly threats are removed on endpoints.
ProsEasy for users to scan their own PC. Sites that need attention stick out in the portal and are easy to access right away.
ConsWebroot portal could be a little bit easier to navigate. We also have issues with Webroot installed on Macs and needing to uninstall and reinstall the software multiple times in order for it to properly report.
September 17, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
January 14, 2019

“Maybe the best antivirus solution for a MSP”

OverallWebroot SecureAnywhere its fits so well we our business, allowing us to secure all our costumer's network with a minimal footprint agent installed on every endpoint. Is an easy deployment solution and even easier to manage, because it's a cloud-based solution that allow us to monitor every costumer easily in a few minutes. And because it's a cloud based solutions, we don't need additional software or hardware installed to start to secure the network. Another AV solutions offer different kind of licenses according to what kind of device you want to secure, but with webroot one license work with workstation and servers the same.
ProsThe small footprint of the agent, because it help with an easy and faster deployment
ConsDosn't support Linux distribution and that is something that make you thing if is the right solution when you have many linux endpoints
Andrew B.
Vice President
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 12, 2019

“Great fit for an MSP”

ProsI love that this is completely cloud-hosted and managed. We have used other centrally managed endpoint security solutions in the past that required us to host our own deployment/management infrastructure, and this is a far better experience. Nothing to support or troubleshoot, just setup and go. It ties into our RMM (remote monitoring and management) software solution perfectly, and allows us to control organization deployment and basic scans from there. If we need to customize any settings or allow whitelisting of applications or pathways, it is extremely easy to setup from the portal.
ConsThere is a little bit of a learning curve as it pertains to setting up organization-specific policies. That said, it works quite well once you get used to it. We have not had any major breaches or malware attacks since switching to this product.
April 12, 2019
Rich T.
Telecommunications, Self-employed
November 27, 2018

“Excellent program at amazing price”

OverallThe problem my customers want to resolve are false positives and a high impact on computer response. With Webroot, customers are no longer required to shut down their AV software to access internal website that do not have security certificates. Additionally, they arne't waiting 10 minutes for a computer to be ready at bootup while the software scans. This software scans in the background with no noticeable impact on performance.
ProsI love the price of the software. It is easy for me to sell to my clients and easy to promise virtually no impact on their computers processing speed. For those system I have this installed, I have seen a dramatic reduction in malware.
ConsIt's hard to figure out what I like least about the software. I suppose it would be having to purchase password security.
November 27, 2018
Arthur H.
Systems Engineer
11-50 employees
February 19, 2018

“We have this on over 4000 endpoints and it is fantastic”

ProsTakes very little system resources. Since we started using it our Virus infections have dropped dramatically The management console is easy to use We have had very few comparability issues with other software packages
ConsWe have had a few bugs with updates. They were corrected quickly It can be a little confusing for end users to use

By Webroot Software on March 12, 2018
Thank you so much for the 5 star review, Arthur! I'm excited to hear that you're enjoying your Webroot experience! Our product team is always looking to rollout our products in the most effective and efficient way possible but sometimes, bugs happen. We are always looking to improve this process and will continue to do so moving forward. I'm happy to hear that we corrected the issue quickly for you. Thanks again for sharing. Drew Webroot Community Team
February 19, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
February 21, 2019

“The last AV you will ever need”

OverallWebroot proofs to be a cost-effective alternative to the main contender software on the market.
ProsWe have Webroot rolled out at most of our clients. I have it installed on all the sites I support as well as my company laptop. The software is small to download and takes seconds to install. Scans are done very quickly while it also monitors and checks file's MD5 signatures on the fly. Webroot is the only AV that I know of which has a small enough memory footprint and low system impact, that it can run alongside another AV package. It has even picked up malware which passed "the main" installed AV in cases.
ConsThere is not much to add in this column. The software is well rounded.
Gyozo K.
September 12, 2017

“Ligthweigth and doing great job most of the time.”

OverallUnique technology for 0-day threats.
Pros- Very easy to implement, it is quickly done (4-5 sec/enpoint) and can be installed besides any other endpoint protection. - Does not use offline database - no houly update dowloads needed at all. - More precise than others we used and used to sell before (eg. ESET, McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, Avira, Sophos). - Easy to use central management.
ConsGives you no information on found malware at all in the endpoind other than a file was found to be malicious (eg. malware type (eg. PUA, trojan, crypto...), MD5, etc.) - you get the deatils in the cetral manegement console only. Therefore, impossible to deal with in on the client side when need be.
Nathan M.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2016

“Speed, but with sacrifices.”

OverallI've used Webroot Endpoint Protection for a little over two years. I've found every aspect of the product to be excellent except (and this is a big except) actual detection of threats, and client speed on OS X systems. Webroot allowed several common worms through at my client's location, and did not detect them on a standard Windows 7 installation, even on repeated scans, after I was able to confirm that the infected downloads and compromised .dll files were within the scope of protection. Needless to say, this did not inspire confidence. I wound up using a Kaspersky live stick to remove the infections, and installing a realtime threat detection system using Suricata and ClamAV to meet the data security needs of our clients and ensure we were meeting the obligations of our contracts.
ProsVery easy to use and deploy, administrative console allows excellent granular controls of client privileges, scope of protection, and endpoint groups. Integrates with Windows server products for deployment (though I use Samba instead, so this was not an option), and provides a centralized point for administrator notification and action when compromised/infected systems are detected. Client seems relatively fast and works on multiple platforms, though see below re. OS X.
ConsIn my experience, Webroot, though the exposed end is fast and well-designed, does not reliably block or detect common threats. This is obviously a Big Deal in a product billed as enterprise-grade antivirus/antimalware. One employee at the affected client's office was able to download three separate third-party software installers containing malware payloads on a Saturday, install them, and work for a full weekend before I arrived back on Monday to complaints that her machine was being "slow and weird". I discovered that Webroot, though fully deployed and set to monitor downloads, warn on browsing, and scan the affected directories, simply had not alerted on anything. At that point, it doesn't matter how beautiful the interface may be: antimalware software which lets common malware through is essentially useless. Also, while there is an OS X client, it's buggy and slow. It causes problems with network browsing and network virtualization with both VirtualBox and VMware Fusion, and it results, for some reason, in systemwide UI slowdowns, which suggest to me that there may be some elemental problems with the codebase: use of deprecated APIs, memory leaks, etc.-not usable.

By Webroot Software on August 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Nathan. All threat related matters need to be handled by our Threat Team directly. You can open a ticket or contact our Team by phone for immediate assistance. Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400 Regards, Josh P. Digital Care Coordinator
March 29, 2016
rahshee w.
security / sales
May 16, 2018

“Webroot just as good as any other antivirus”

OverallThis is a great antivirus you could use it on all your devices, I like using it better than Norton thats for sure. I would recommend it to everyone
ProsI like using Webroot because it is fairly priced and once you buy it you could use the same license up to like 5 different devices if you want I have it installed on all my devices and my office PC. It does once in a while slow up your PC when it is scanning but I dont think it is as much as some other antiviruses out there. I can set it to do automatic scans at times when I am not using the PC so it does not interrupt what I am doing with scans.
ConsIt has a password manager option that would be cool if it was a little bit easier to understand and operate I dont know why I still have issues with it filling in my passwords and having to correct it sometimes. I also think it should have a monitoring system that automatically scans incoming emails and separates junk from real emails that would be cool
May 16, 2018
John H.
IT Consultant, Business Owner
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 8, 2017

“One of the absolute BEST security vendors to work with. ”

OverallEfficacy, ease of use (It's set and forget), web threat blocking is second to none. Centrally managed through a console and no definitions to download on the system making it the lightest in the world.
ProsThe product is the lightest in the industry and all management is done through a centralized web console. Efficacy is one of the highest in the industry as well. The Web Threat Shield and Webroot's cloud intelligence is very good at keeping you away from nasty internet sites that contain malware payloads.
ConsThey just need to integrate all of their product portfolio into the Global Site Manger console. Other than that, it's a perfect fit for MSP's and home users alike
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Easy to use software that does not slow down your PC”

OverallOverall it is easy to use, scan quickly and protects my PC
ProsIt is very easy to install and use. Running a full system scan is also very fast. I like that it does not slow down my PC and the protection seems pretty good. It also has a good price as compared to some of the other protection software products.
ConsI have had the software for some time and in a few of the earlier versions it did not protect as well against malware so I did have a bit of trouble. But in recent years it has been improved. Currently I use it with Malwarebytes and have had good luck with the two.
January 9, 2019
Beth M.
Managing Partner
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Works in the background and doesn't screw up our system”

OverallLack of malware.
ProsWebroot runs on our business platform and works and plays well with others. In the past we've had anti-malware software that conflicted with other virus protections and brought things crashing to a halt. Webroot runs in the background and does it's thing without bothering anyone.
ConsI understand it can't do anything once the computer has already been attacked and gained certain types of access. That said, we are using this as part of a suite of products to keep our data secure and safe. It's not as cheap as some others, but it is designed for the business environment.
July 10, 2018
Adam C.
Technical Consultant
July 12, 2018

“Simple and effective monitoring tool”

ProsI like that the deployment of the software is smooth and innocuous. It's easy to install and setup on a network.
ConsIf you run apps that are custom built this app can either block those from working all together or bring your system to a grinding halt. Having to go through the process to white list an app can be daunting. It's possible and support responds, but it's usually to request log files and then they request a reinstall. This is followed by alot of back and forth until it's escalated and they find the root cause of the issue.
July 12, 2018
Trina J.
Cook
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
September 29, 2018

“Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection”

OverallIt works very well, never stops protecting your device and is easy to install if you follow the directions specifically.
ProsI buy this product every year for my computers. It works well with all of our computers and you have the option to use it on cell phones and tablets as well. You have a lot of options with this software, the standard ones of setting times and dates to run scans for viruses and you can localize files to scan a specific area if needed.
ConsThe re-subscription price is double the initial price
September 29, 2018
Racey C.
IT Operations Manager
December 5, 2017

“Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection”

ProsWebroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.
December 5, 2017
Alan E.
CIO
September 8, 2017

“Excellent security that keeps all our clients secure”

ProsAfter configuring it doesn't need babysitting unlike many other malware protection products. As it's management is profile based, any exceptions needed can be applied to multiple organizations easily. It's initial watch only mode is great before rolling out to an enterprise - avoids most surprises.
ConsReporting from the management console is weak not allowing much customization. It's easy to get old installations still registered, which is a minor additional expense expense until you clear them up.
Chris M.
Founder, Chief Strategist & vCIO - I help law firms with IT
May 25, 2018

“The best malware protection that doesn't annoy you to death”

ProsI absolutely love Webroot. It doesn't slow down any of our computers, it does protect you, but it doesn't annoy you to death with prompts. One of the big issues I've had with antivirus software in the past is that it would constantly block something that was safe for me to do. I have NEVER had Webroot do that.
ConsI mean, could they branch out and start making other software products outside of security? Their software has worked so well, I don't have any complaints.
May 25, 2018
Daniel A.
IT Coordinator
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
February 13, 2018

“Webroot has a fresh new way of looking at anti virus.”

OverallThis product is every easy to deploy, administer and maintain.
ProsWebroot is a very effective and fast reacting anti virus program that is light on resources and a breeze to install, configure and maintain.

By Webroot Software on March 12, 2018
Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection. We pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to setup, deploy, and install. Glad that you feel the same way we do! Thanks again for the review and if there's something that you think we can do to improve, please let us know.
February 13, 2018
Utilities, 51-200 employees
August 30, 2018

“Lightweight, feature packed endpoint protection”

OverallWe moved from a different vendor to Webroot SecureAnywhere. The other solution was much more CPU intensive (in a virtualized enviroment this was noticable). Even with little tweaking, the performance of Webroot was at least similar, while the footprint is much smaller.
ProsThe software is easy to configure using a web interface. The software on the client takes up little resources. Compared to other vendors that need multiple servers to manage endpoints and do scanning offloading, this is much easier to operate - and the price is very friendly.
ConsWe had some issues with add-ons that got installed in browsers, which we do not want. We have other security solutions in place to scan internet traffic. We are working with Support to get these uninstalled, but it takes more time than we expected.
August 30, 2018
Leonard R.
Retired
Consumer Services, Self-employed
February 13, 2019

“WEBROOTs Application as designed”

OverallLet me give you analogy, and hope you understand its parallel . In my house the home builder provided, where I can't find my bathroom. So I told to go to my "homeowner user forum" to ask how I find where my bathroom is. They then tell me, to go to my garage to get my ladder and place it against my house. Where next, I'm to climb the ladder to go onto my house roof-shingles and at the very top is the bathroom. Yes, I see it't there. However as I'm an expert in house design, I argue that the bathroom should have been near my bathroom, and not on the roof. This is the same analogy, when I'm using a computer application, because I know better! Now do you get it?
ProsDon't call it as "software". It's an "Application." What I like about WebRoot, it seems to do what it says. However ...
ConsTo know what really takes place it's very confusing. And they admit to it, by having their user forums for other users to get answer from. I'm an expert in computer application design as I'm registered as a "Certified Computer Professional." Google what this means.
February 13, 2019
Andrea B.
Accountant 4
March 7, 2018

“Good Virus Protection Software”

ProsI like that this software was easy to install. It schedules your scans and runs in the background. You don't have any nagging popups telling you to run scans.
ConsThe only thing that I don't like about this software is that sometimes when it blocks something that is trying to download on your computer, it asks you if you want to allow it or block it. I click block it and the window will still pop up a couple of times.
March 7, 2018
Howard M.
Research Assistant
Research, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2017

“Antivirus security at an affordable price!”

OverallScored from perfect to very good in our tests. Can recover files encrypted by ransomware. Uses tiny amount of disk space. Very fast scan. Handles unknown malware. Includes firewall.
ProsOne of the best antivirus that i have tried. It has a affordable price and cover multiple platforms, the price depends on the quantity of devices you want to protect. It protect yourself from identity theft and no time-consuming updates or slow scans.
ConsProduct does not provide for a bootable rescue CD. Sometimes you got errors of compatibility when you start the machines (Mac) but after open the software and check it will disappear.
August 15, 2017
Alex L.
IT Support
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 15, 2017

“Excellent virus protection on desktops, servers and laptops and fast and immediate alerts.”

OverallExcellent virus protection on all computers and servers and immediate help from knowledgeable support
ProsHow quickly it detects and quarantines a potential threat, and how easy it is to deploy to endpoints and manage from the web console.
ConsIt can sometimes be a little too good on detecting potential threats and falsely detects some thing which can temporarily mess up programs, but it's better to be over protective, than under protective.
June 15, 2017
Information Services, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Great Tool”

OverallWe signed up with Webroot through Atera and were pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and security of Webroot.
Pros Webroot was easy to use and deployed easily across all our clients. We only had to open a single support ticket and it was resolved quickly by Webroot support. Highly recommended for MSPs looking to protect their clients.
ConsAdvanced deployment methods are available but we found that there was some incompatibility with InTune automated deployment. We never quite got it to work but manual installation takes just a few minutes.
February 12, 2019
Andrea S.
Optometrist/Owner
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
November 12, 2017

“Computer better protected for reasonable price”

OverallMy computer is safe from hackers and viruses. I haven't had any issues since installing in on 10+ computers.
ProsThis program uses program uses different method/logic than other anti-virus software and so seems to catch more potential problems. It also is the FIRST I've ever had which doesn't seem to cripple the speed of my system - I notice no slowdown at all.
ConsI'm not sure which setting does this and so I can't seem to undo it (other may like this): the recent files list for Office programs disappears every day, so it's harder to find files I've just worked on.
November 12, 2017
Wayne H.
Support Engineer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 3, 2019

“Very lightweight footprint. Heavyweight when it comes to combating malware.”

ProsDoes not hit performance on endpoints as much as other endpoint protection solutions. Much less bloated of a program than any other. Management from the admin console is fantastic once you learn where everything is.
ConsThe only con is when webroot is bundled with another solution E.g. Continuum, webroot is a bit more limited in it's abilities.
October 3, 2019
Information Services, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2019

“Solid anti-virus platform”

OverallWe use webroot as an MSP.
ProsThis is an updated review. Previous i was very happy with Webroot, as it had very good detection rate, was very fast, reliable and easy to use.
ConsWhat has changed: 1. no 2FA. 2. they removed the command line function which was very useful, and i can see why they did it, but never the less, it is gone. 3. Other functionality is also suffering.
August 27, 2019
Mark S.
Senior Engineer
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Up to Date Real Time Protection.”

OverallWe use this on a number of our customers in conjunction with McAfee or Windows Defender for a layered approach to Malware protection.
ProsInstalls quickly. Small Footprint. No virus definiton updates. Portal that we can see all of our customers in one place.
ConsNo real Cons with this software. I guess if I had to say one thing it would be that it is an ongoing subscription.
April 8, 2019
John H.
Construction, 1-10 employees
January 27, 2019

“Perfect Online Security Solution”

OverallI have tried so many Security Suites and programs since early 1980's. This one is the best in my opinion.
ProsProtects my systems! Works very well and does not use resources on the computer. Don't even know it is running most of the time. Also, the price is fantastic compare to most Security Suites.
ConsWish it has Spam Control but that is very elementary compared to what it does do!
January 27, 2019
Terry D.
IT specialist
September 12, 2017

“Easy to use, super light program!”

OverallI don't have to sit there and manage much any more it takes care of itself.
ProsThe fasts cans, I have Norton as well, and Webroot kills norton on speed, and also program size crushes norton!
Consuhhhhh, can't think of one. Maybe a better way to roll it out on a mass scale? Oh I have run into an issue using images, and webroot got confused on what machine was what. They need to fix that.
Gareth B.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Smooth software”

OverallBusiness grade protection, cloud control
ProsI most like the simple and common interface, works on PC & Mac, with a single control panel, cloud hosted means escalation events are available to follow the helpdesk.
ConsPreviously we used a used another product, and both the user interface and server control were adequate, but pale in comparison - should have moved to Webroot sooner!
Kyler M.
Systems Analyst
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“Silent End User Protection”

ProsYou won't even know that Webroot is running it is that great. The software doesn't bog down your system like other virus and malware protection software.
ConsSometimes new updates to Webroot can cause common applications to stop working because of false positives and only Webroot can update their registries.
March 5, 2019
Phyllis M.
Loan Operations
Banking, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2018

“Webroot Secure Anywhere”

OverallThis software was referred to me by my son. My overall experience with it has been very positive. I really have no issues and would recommend it.
ProsI like how I can schedule a time for it to scan when I'm not using my computer
ConsI have trouble finding where I can find the virus that it found and removed. I wish it was a little more user friendly.
December 5, 2018
Kevin Y.
Owner/ 1 Man Army
April 1, 2018

“I use and sale Webroot. I wouldn't use or offer my customers anything else.”

ProsVery Very Very light weight fast Managed options for business make it very easy to deploy and manage Set it and forget it. No popups, doesn't worry you to death, and updates in the background.
ConsI can't think of anything bad about it. Its so far ahead of Norton and McAfee that it wouldn't be a fair comparison.
April 1, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
April 19, 2019

“Excellent product ”

ProsI have used this product for many years - i have found the constant scanning and real time threat removal exceptional. I like the overview diagnostic report it provides also.
ConsIt has gotten more expensive over the years - but I still think it is a thorough and excellent product
April 19, 2019
Eric B.
IT Manager
Food Production, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“The best antivirus we've had so far”

OverallWe were previously a Vipre customer and switched all of our systems to Webroot within just a few hours. It was a seamless transition because it was very easy to deploy remotely.
ProsInvisible protection that always works and doesn't slow down our systems. The web console makes it easy to see status and remediate any issues, or deploy a new client. Historical reports show any incidents that may have occurred.
ConsSince it is almost invisible, it's hard to know if it's actually catching anything.
January 8, 2019
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 26, 2018

“Robust and Lightweight”

OverallWebroot was used to provide protection to approximately 200-300 end users. It was easy to install and very lightweight when running full scans. We would rarely have to interact with the software on the end user's side since it was managed through the web console. Very easy to setup and deploy which saved countless hours compared to other AV solutions.
ProsThe maintenance of end users in a corporate setting was a breeze. The management site made it easy to add and remove licenses should a PC need to be re-imaged for any reason.
ConsOccasionally it would remember devices that were recently removed and would take a couple hours to re-register correctly. Other than that, I found no issues.
December 26, 2018
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
October 11, 2018

“WEBROOT-100% ONLINE SECURITY SOFTWARE”

OverallGenerally this software is wonderful. It is the best software for web designers, freelancers and online shopkeepers.
ProsThis software is simply great to use! It ensures total security on the web, as well as allowing speed surfing.
ConsThe charges per subscription per year seems to be a bit high for especially first time users.
October 11, 2018