Bill.com Ratings

Overall

About Bill.com

Cut time spent on your accounts payable workflow by 50% with Bill.com. Pay vendors & 1099 contractors via ACH, and get bills approved faster with a robust online approvals workflow. Sync seamlessly with QuickBooks, Xero, Sage Intacct, and NetSuite for simpler data entry, improved accuracy, and faster account reconciliation. Stay organized and audit-ready with online document storage for invoices, checks, and receipts. Manage everything across devices with the award-winning app for iOS & Android. Learn more about Bill.com

Barbara S.
VP Finance
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!”

OverallWe are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.
ProsMy company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!
ConsBill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.
Kelsie K.
Director of Human Resources
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2019

“Bill.com for Account Payable”

OverallThis is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.
Pros1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option. 2. Can approve via mobile 3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval 4. Can add as many approval as you want 5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload 6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out 7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both 8. Communicates with other accounting software
ConsThe preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.
February 20, 2019
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales
May 1, 2018

“Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.”

OverallWe as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com. Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.
ProsWe absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online. Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs. Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.
ConsThe cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models. As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.
May 1, 2018
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
June 15, 2018

“Exceeds expectations”

ProsEASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.
ConsThe add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.
June 15, 2018
Jennifer P.
Comptroller, CFO beginning 03/01/16
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2018

“Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!”

OverallNo mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!
ProsI started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)
ConsNo cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.
January 31, 2018
Internet, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2018

“Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.”

OverallGreat software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.
ProsBill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).
ConsSyncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.
September 25, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 29, 2019

“New April 2019 Interface HORRIBLE!”

OverallMy company and I have used Bill.com for several years and it was so easy to use and made our vendor payments a breeze, but now it's just absolutely awful. My entire finance staff hates the new interface. Nothing is streamlined at all and the way it's set up now goes against common sense because the flow is just terrible. The bills and the payments section are broken out into 2 different tabs which is so inefficient because you can no longer take a quick glance as to which bill matches what payment without making several clicks to get this info. Also, I can't see if a vendor check or ePayment has cleared at a glance in the payment tab since I have to click open the actual payment for this info now. There's so much wasted space where the vendor details used to be when you open a vendor profile. There are just 3 unhelpful lines of vendor info and 90% empty white space which takes up half my viewing screen. When I edit the vendor details, the country of residence is at a section on top instead of being grouped with the address section. When I try to set a vendor up for ePayment, I no longer have the option of finding them by their name+email, now it's only by their Vendor display name. We work with a lot of vendors where the 'pay to' is an agency so we aren't able to easily connect a vendor for ePayment. I'm going to have my company move to something else since ruined user experience. I don't know who the developed this new interface, but it certainly wasn't an accountant.
ProsI used to think Bill.com was amazing and would have given it a 5 out of 5 just a month ago. However, with the new interface update that rolled out in April 2019 I'm downgrading my rating to 1 out of 5. See my review below.
ConsThe new interface is awful and not efficient AT ALL. See my review below.
April 29, 2019
Daniel L.
Chief Operating Officer

“Quality AP processing”

OverallBill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.
ProsIt is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.
ConsReporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.
Hailley F.
Client Services Coordinator
January 18, 2018

“Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!”

OverallEasier day at the office.
ProsI like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.
ConsIt can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.
Kelly S.
Controller and HR Director
December 27, 2017

“Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.”

OverallTime saving.
ProsI like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.
ConsThe refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).
December 27, 2017
Therese J.
November 17, 2016

“Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online”

OverallI have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easy
ProsAll bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot. I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.
ConsBeing able to put some bills to not be viewed until they are needed to be paid versus popping up each month on the top of the bills.
Recommendations to other buyersicloud bill paying is easy, safe and makes life's tedious tasks more simplified.
Cheryl W.
Consulting Asst Controller
April 10, 2018

“Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses”

OverallEfficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functions
ProsIncredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software
ConsI don't have any complaints about the software. I use it for quite a few accounting clients and have always found that if I run into a snag, the customer support chat team at Bill.com is able to assist me. Admittedly, the issues I've had have all been user errors, rather than shortcomings related to the software.
Alex B.
Accounting Assistant
April 10, 2018

“Easy to use, simple, organized”

ProsHelpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.
ConsSometimes can be a bit too simple. Would be nice to have some extra features. E.g. you can set up a recurring payment but you cannot edit any text that will appear on the check and it defaults with a date. Unable to add a contract number to a recurring payment.
Denise W.
Accountant
January 24, 2019

“Bill.com Accounts Payable Review”

OverallBill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.
ProsThe concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.
ConsThe fact that credits have to be posted in both bill.com and in your accounting software. It makes it double work when something needs to be credited off from a prior period.
Josue H.
Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 26, 2018

“Bill.com is really simply and easy to use ”

Overallbill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day.
ProsBill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.
ConsNo issues with bill.com its one of the best software I have used to work with Quickbooks to import my data
July 26, 2018
Amy P.
Bookkeeper
February 13, 2018

“Used to be a leader, falling behind”

ProsThe permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.
ConsThe customer service is awful. It used to be great, but now you're lucky to get an email back at all. That is my biggest complaint. Coming in second is the other side of the customization piece: there are lots of ways to make things happen that you don't want to happen. There are cheaper, simpler solutions out there for the less technologically initiated.
February 13, 2018
Accounting, Unspecified
January 9, 2018

“Great product with a few flaws”

OverallLove that they handle the payments for us!
ProsIt is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.
ConsAlthough I love it and will use it still, I do struggle with a few things: 1) It takes all AP monies at one time instead of issuing checks that will clear the bank slowly, 2) It doesn't handle multi-entity perfectly 3) It is costly 4) the 1099 process is a bit more cumbersome than desired, 5) It requires manually adding approvers each time unless you setup rules based on amounts...no other rules options right now.
January 9, 2018
Margaret W.
Bar Manager
June 25, 2018

“upgrade from schedule fly, integrative”

ProsI like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.
ConsI wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.
June 25, 2018
Tracy V.
Lead Bookkeeper / Administrator
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
June 27, 2017

“Streamlines AP to a paperless process”

OverallTime savings Accountability - able to designate approvers for invoices
ProsPaperless - don't have to print or mail payments or file invoices Can quickly access PDF's of any invoice and all the accounting details
ConsSyncing to QuickBooks Online has been a little tricky. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the limitations of the sync function and learn how to work around it.
June 27, 2017
Aaron O.
Real Estate, Unspecified
July 11, 2014

“Efficiency for the win!”

OverallOur company manages the accounting for more than 20 entities on the Bill.com platform and it has helped us achieve a great reputation and a successful business model. There are three areas of particular success: Efficiency - We reduced our payable cycle from 3 days to 2 days. Particularly, we cut out the need to print checks, sign checks, stuff envelopes, and mail checks. At over 300 checks on average semi-monthly, the time savings is easily worth the marginal cost. Internal Controls - The Bill.com system has built in controls which we customized to meet each entity's needs. In some case's the entity's manager wants final approval on all invoices; in other cases the manager doesn't want to know about payables except on a monthly financial report. We're able to setup online approvals appropriately. The audit trail function is also helpful in identifying every user who touched the invoice from upload to payment. Paperless - It took me a while to wrap my head around truly paperless accounting, but it's true - we no longer have a file cabinet! Our files are now all store in the cloud on Bill.com. If the auditor needs to see the invoice, approval, and payment confirmation, we can provide it all electronically. At the end of the year, we can export all of the supporting documentation to a CD and deliver to our client for their permanent records. This means instead of sending 5 bankers boxed of invoices and other supporting documents, we now deliver 1 cd.
ProsEfficient Good internal controls Paperless
ConsI haven't taken full advantage of the A/R or cash reporting modules.
July 11, 2014
December 11, 2017

“Delay payments to contractors”

ConsI contract with a company that uses bill.com to pay bi-monthly. The company I work for promptly processes payroll and gets it to bill.com. However, bill.com sits on your money for several days before processing it. Some of the claims are that it can't process anything on a weekend, because "banks are closed", which is a ridiculous claim to make because they pay electronically for the most part, at least in my case, and those kind of payments can be processed at any time. Even Monday through Friday it is apparently impossible to get customer service to respond to your inquiry even with repeated follow-up. Apparently they can create automatic email responses to your inquiries and yet cannot process a simple electronic payment. I am fully aware it is very simple thing to process an electronic deposit payment, and there is absolutely no reason to sit on my money for 3 to 5 days before doing so, whether those days fall on a weekend or not. The absolute lack of customer service is appalling. When I login, my payment information from the company I contract for is shown as overdue. Today is Monday, not a holiday, and yet they still could not process something they received last week. Even if they process it tomorrow, it will be a day or two before they get around to electronically depositing it to my card. I love the company I contract for, and I am going to complain to them about this practice and urge strongly to find another vendor, as Bill.com apparently cannot handle something that is a 2 times a month routine practice with my contract company. And I guess it's probably apparent to everyone why they sit on your money for a couple of days - even tho they do charge fees for their services, and that SHOULD BE how they make their money, I guess a little interest helps as well. By the way, there are no phone numbers provided, nor any other direct means of contacting someone about this issue other than email, which other than generating a generic received reply message, is apparently otherwise ignored. Companies who would consider using this company as their payment controller for their contractors, I highly do not recommend it as it is the absolute worst thing about the company I contact with. It's only the fact that the company I contract with is such a great company that I stay. And they may be unaware of the games that bill.com is playing with their contractors' money, but they are going to be made aware of it as soon as I hit submit after this review.
December 11, 2017
November 13, 2017

“One of my favorite software to use ”

OverallGreat software - easily sync with quickbooks and easy to connect to other vendors.
ProsCustomer support is great! They are quick and polite and are able to address my issue and questions. I especially like the follow up emails - they allow me to track the progress of the case submitted and I can continue talking with the same representative on the phone/chat
ConsI think the automatic bill processing takes a bit longer than necessary. It would also be helpful if the automatic process could identify credit memos.
November 13, 2017
Jill F.
November 17, 2016

“Great product - but pricey ”

OverallGreat customer service, onboarding new clients is much improved from when I first started using them years ago. Only issue - per client price is high considering we are also paying for usage. As a firm it would be great to have better pricing.
ProsEasy of use - capturing all documents in one place for one client with a dedicated fax number and email address.
ConsPrice
Recommendations to other buyersBetter accountant console pricing
Diane F.
Manager Accounting
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Bill payment time saver”

OverallGreat experience and easy to use and train
ProsThe thing that I liked most is the method of processing invoices and payments was sped up dramatically. This became a huge time saver and more efficient. Easy to transfer information to our general ledger.
ConsNothing at this time. All functions are logical
February 12, 2019
Mackenzie D.
Director of Operations & Customer Experience
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2018

“Getting help is painful ”

OverallIt's not great. We use bill.com to invoice our customers. 60% of our client base has complained about the experience with bill.com because setting up accounts is not intuitive, and clients often times have set up different kinds of accounts by accident then feel harassed by reminder emails which state they haven't paid an invoice, even though they are marked as "paid" on our end. We paid a hefty API integration fee in an effort to host all of these invoices in our own system so that our customers wouldn't have to interact with bill.com. However, now we are facing a whole new set of challenges trying to gather information from bill.com that isn't exposed, but is integral in making the integration successful... then trigger days and days of frustration with support to get about 60% of the information that we need.
ProsThe ease of creating and tracking invoices
ConsTrying to work with support actually ruins my day. The only way you can talk to a human on the phone is by scheduling a phone call. Every time I have done that we've had issues connecting and there's no number you can call. I also feel like every time I reach out to support via chat or email I get a completely different level of information and service. Sometimes they give you what you need right away, other times they say they can't provide you with that information you need to jump through additional XYZ hoops.
October 1, 2018
Adam B.
Founder & CEO
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 4, 2018

“Stay away from vantage card services”

ProsI've never had an issue with billl.com, I'd give a 10/10. The problem is that they only allow you to process credit cards through vantage card services who are a total mess and their managed team gave me inaccurate information several times.
ConsBill.com need to add other credit card processors besides vantage. They need to audit vantage card services complaints from bill.com customers because they're going to lose a tonne of business. Vantage card services are a tiny company processing millions of dollars of credit cards, but the joke is that they only have two layers of their org. 1.) customer service is the first people you speak to and they literally can't resolve any issues, so you need to speak to a manager and they only have 1 manager called. 2.) they made several mistakes and I asked to speak to someone above it's our ceo and he isn't available. They do not car about their customers and they do not own up about making mistakes Bill.com you need to vet out vantage and listen to your loyal customers
August 4, 2018
Rhonda W.
Director of Finance
11-50 employees
May 17, 2018

“Bill.com to go paperless”

ProsWe love: -custom permissions -ease of routing items for approvals -audit trail -direct messaging to vendors -document repository -no papers to get lost
ConsWhen we first started using this service it was not as expensive, but honestly, the value is there and we don't mind paying for the value.
May 17, 2018
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2018

“Bill.com is the best out there”

OverallThis software is a key piece of software in my business, which allows me to pay bills from anywhere not just in my office. Plus I never have to write a check.
ProsThis software is extremely easy to use and their support is excellent to work with.
ConsThe software is slow to respond when moving through multiple pages.
August 9, 2018
July 12, 2018

“A quick and nice way to drop in and keep track of all bills for your business. ”

OverallHow easy and quick it is to run and payout your vendors.
ProsI like the feature of dragging invoices to the desk top, just letting them load and autofilling your information to make sure your bills are paid in a timely manner. They also have really great customer support that care about helping you get the information you need.
ConsThere is a feature of auto adding bills, which is ok but slow compared to a person entering it. Also sometimes when it syncs with other softwhere it get duplicate messages, so again a person will have to manually correct it. This is pretty rare though.
July 12, 2018
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
March 15, 2018

“We love using Bill.com”

OverallSaves a lot of time when getting the approvals needs for A/P.
ProsThis product is very user-friendly and I love that its so easy to view documents. We process all A/P in bill.com and I wish we could run our expense management (corporate credit cards) through this system.
March 15, 2018
Internet, Self-employed
May 2, 2019

“A good program with some usability issues.”

OverallLike I said, it definitely made getting paid easier because my invoices were going directly into my client's billing system. Once I started using this with my client, there was no delay in payment at all.
ProsOne of my clients uses it and asked me to use it to invoice them. Once it was set up properly, I found it fairly easy to use, and it did speed up my payment turnaround quite a bit.
ConsIt didn't have tiers of functionality - this was obviously developed with a power user in mind. For my type of work, it felt like overkill. A simpler invoicing template would have been helpful, rather than my having to create a more complex invoice than I needed. It's also not always intuitive - some key invoicing functions are sometimes hidden within another function. However, it wasn't anything I couldn't sort out with some digging.
May 2, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 29, 2018

“Bill.com Review”

OverallOverall, my experience with Bill.com has been great. It is a very easy user interface and makes paying bills easy.
ProsBill.com makes it really easy to make payments to our vendors. We can easily make payment via check or e-payment. Being that we use Xero, Bill.com easily syncs down into Xero.
ConsThe one con would be that you can't do foreign currency payments via Bill.com. They only support USD transactions.
November 29, 2018
July 2, 2018

“Love this invoicing system for my freelance career”

ProsI have many freelance and contracting clients who I have to keep up with. This is a great system for invoicing and keeping track of who owes me what. Helps to ensure I get paid on time.
ConsThere are many companies who don't use the software to pay freelancers or contract workers. This can delay payment processing if they insist on sending a check vs. paying through the Bill.com system.
July 2, 2018
Clay K.
VP
May 8, 2018

“Easy Payment Solution”

ProsAllows us to have multi-level approval processes for paying our bills while syncing with multiple systems
ConsThe speed of which ACH payments are made to our vendors who are connected is very slow compared to modern payment solutions
May 8, 2018
Edward Z.
Finance Analyst
March 8, 2018

“Good solution for AP”

ProsRelatively easy to use. Document inbox works well for reviewing AP items. easy to approve and pay people. Easy to pay people via ACH or check
ConsSync with xero takes a really really really long time, but this might be xero's fault not really sure.
March 8, 2018
Rosemary G.
Medical Receptionist
1001-5000 employees

“GREAT PROGRAM”

ProsI REALLY ENJOYED USING THIS PARTICULAR PROGRAM! IT WAS OF GREAT USE TO ME AT MY COMPANY AND I WAS ABLE SEE GREAT RESULTS.
ConsI DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING BADLY TO SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAM. NOT SURE IF ANY UPDATES WERE DONE SINCE I HAVE LAST USE IT.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
June 17, 2015

“A must for your company!”

OverallI often talk to companies about bill.com because of the simplicity of the system. Bill.com allows us to keep a paperless system and the integration with Intacct works wonderfully. This feature has recently been updated.
ProsSystem is easy to use and the department is able to see all invoices and info right in the system as it is paperless.
ConsNo cons that I can think of. So far the system is wonderful and they seem to be working on improving it more and more. We used to find that they sync errors were a problem but with some additional knowledge we are able to resolve them quite easily.

By Bill.com on July 21, 2015
Thanks for the great review. If there's any problems with the Sync, please contact support. We've recently upgraded to Intacct Sync 2.0 and are always trying to improve it. For example, this month, we've added the ability to mark offline payments not to sync with Intacct. Intacct Sync 2.0 will handle all three dimensions on invoices - locations, classes, projects/jobs on invoices.
June 17, 2015
Jan H.
Accounting, Unspecified
June 12, 2015

“Bill.com is a tool MUST have tool for Accountants”

OverallI have used bill.com for over 7 years. In that time I have watched the progress of of the accounting software grow. Bill.com offers a quality tool that has all the workflows in place. Multiple software applications mimic this software. They can be utilized. But only Bill.com puts together the complete package. The start of receiving the bills, to the approval process, to the payment process. It saves time keeping all of the information into one location. Bill.com offers a receivable process as well. The system allows for security on payments, recurring invoices, and a customer portal. All of this in one solution is a winning combination.
ProsThe Pros are: -electronic bill payment -electronic approval system -unlimited document storage -recurring AR invoices -electronic AR payments -Customer (AR) portal -Security encryption -Great customer service
Cons-Work flow on the AR is a bit choppy -Customers must have an account to open invoices
June 12, 2015
Anthony R.
Sales
December 14, 2018

“Bill.Com Is Perfect!”

OverallAmazing Product! killing it Bill.Com!
ProsBill.com is everything that our company needed to help us on the accounting side of things, it has brought simplicity and efficiency where we were lacking.
ConsI don't have anything negative to say about Bill.Com, what I originally thought was a flaw in the software actually turned out to be an un-realated computer issue.
December 14, 2018
Mark P.
September 17, 2018

“Bill.com is a must”

OverallGreat experience
ProsMakes A/R and A/P much more efficient; able to better control cash flow
ConsUsed to be able to talk to someone in technical support when there was a problem; No more. Really don't like that. Must now chat online
September 17, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
June 13, 2019

“Overall happy with it”

Pros- allows streamlining of accounts payable - easy integration with quickbooks
Cons- it's clunky and there seems to be some basic functionality that is missing or views that would be helpful
June 13, 2019
Krystle E.
Senior Controller
July 16, 2018

“Great payable software”

OverallGreat accounts payable tool
ProsGood syncing to accounting softwares (little to no breaks in syncing). Bill.com support is exceptional in assisting in any needs/concerns, etc. I don't use this for accounts receivable but I do for accounts payable and it's great for that. Epayments are wonderful but even if the vendor doesn't sign up for ePayments, Bill.com still cuts/sends a check :)
ConsI don't care for the updated design. It's complicated and hard to use. The previous design was much more simple and easier to use.
July 16, 2018
Karen B.
CFO
December 21, 2017

“Efficient time-saver for businesses with payables.”

ProsI like that Bill.com allows me to organize all my company's payables, enter and review our vendor information, and save money on checks by connecting with e-payment.
ConsSometimes finding different screens and editing or deleting expenses are not very intuitive, and it takes some searching to figure out how to accomplish something.
December 21, 2017
Ashwin M.
Accountant
Education Management, 11-50 employees
April 2, 2019

“Most cost effective Accounts Payable System”

OverallNo complaints with using this system as any user can easily learn and understand the process.
ProsCost of the system if super inexpensive and the capabilities work smoothly with Quickbooks, very user-friendly and paperless
ConsThe more you print, the costs will increase. I wish there was a set amount you could pay monthly.
April 2, 2019
Debbie W.
VP Corp Affairs
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

“Bill.com”

OverallExcellent!
ProsVery easy to learn to use. Customer support is great and responds quickly to a chat area.
ConsCan't think of any part that I don't like.
AM S.
January 5, 2019

“Easy Receivable management & bill payment”

ProsIts very easy to use, it allows user to easily setup account and allows access to statements, receivable balances & bill payment status
ConsPrice as per my requirement is high for features offered by Bill.com, I think plans are for big organisations/business & not suitable for small business.
January 5, 2019
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2018

“Get Reimbursed Fast”

OverallExpense statement tracking and quick direct deposit reimbursement.
ProsI like the emailed statements about my expenses reimbursed for that account deposit. Money goes directly into my account and I do not have to wait for my semi-monthly paycheck. I get reimbursed much more quickly and frequently. Setting up my direct deposit was simple.
ConsThere is nothing that I dislike with this product. I have only used it for 4 months as of this review, but so far it has been great.
March 30, 2018
Keri L.
Finance Manager Assistant
December 6, 2017

“Makes my job a little easier”

ProsThe setup for different approvers for the bills. It lessen the time of me being on the phone with our different locations general manager approvals on stated bills.
December 6, 2017
Nasralla a.
sales
51-200 employees
April 19, 2018

“Easy to use tool , ”

Overallrecommended to new users for online payment
ProsEasy to use , full features , faster business bill pay vendors contractors and anyone else and storing invoices, checks, and receipts
Consslow updates , need some support to interface with accountant softwares ,but it is described online ,
April 19, 2018
Steve B.
Managing Director
January 11, 2018

“Almost makes paying bills fun”

ProsSaves hours every month in the Accounts Payable process. As a CFO of multiple companies, I used to spend a ton of time going through paper bills, trying to decipher approval signatures, and signing checks. Now it can all be done remotely and provides a trail that makes auditors happy.
ConsI do most of the process on my iPad and it does require navigating through multiple tabs and hitting the back button. There is probably an easier way but not entirely intuitive.
January 11, 2018