Custellence Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5

About Custellence

The easy-to-use tool for creating powerful digital Customer Journey Maps, User Stories, Experience maps and Service Blueprints: Organize all your customer insights, data, solutions and ideas in one place. Present and share your maps for greater commitment and impact. Collaborate on maps IRL with remote teams for higher efficiency. Update and use your maps as change plans by using Custellence's unique status settings Learn more about Custellence

Jin W.
Enterprise Customer Experience NPS (Net Promoter Score) Lead
Telecommunications, 5001-10,000 employees
October 9, 2019

“The most flexible (and hence THE BEST) customer journey mapping tool I've come across!”

OverallAs I was looking for a good customer journey mapping (CJM) software, the single biggest problem I faced as a customer experience & marketing practitioner is that they are often so clunky and difficult to use. I've experienced CJM software which produce pretty maps but was so difficult to use, I've also tried another one which was extremely flexible but the diagrams are ugly and runs like Microsoft Visio or Powerpoint. Then I came across Custellence, which to me, perfectly balances aesthetics and ease of use. On the one hand, I could make reasonably good-looking CJM's by adding relevant photos, diagrams, curve lanes, etc. (Note: you don't need to draw CJM masterpieces of Rembrandt proportions because CJM's is not a deliverable - it only facilitates the desired outcomes!) On the other hand, I found Custellence's intuitive user interface so easy to get into, because Custellence automates the RIGHT things that I find most onerous, but without overdoing it so that it is difficult to use. As a result, unlike other CJM software I've tried, I actually found Custellence a joy to use (I'm using it almost everyday at work right), and while the subscription cost for Custellence is often about 2 to 3 times the cost of other software, I chose Custellence for its excellence in CJM as it perfectly balances aesthetics and flexibility / ease of use with just the right amount of automation. Highly, highly recommended.
ProsCustellence is truly the most flexible customer journey mapping tool that I've come across. Because it's solely focused on journey mapping, this software is really fit for purpose. Because it's so easy for me to make changes to the map, it's a joy to use, and I've been using it almost daily. Very very good software for the CX or service design professional.
ConsThis may be nitpicky, but I wish the maps were just a little prettier. That said, I'd choose flexibility over prettiness as customer journey maps are not deliverables - it's a means to an end!
October 9, 2019
Anders L.
Senior service design lead
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
May 3, 2019

“Structure your customer centric organisation ”

OverallI'm a service design consultant helping organisations to develop their customer Centric abilities. We use Custellence to connect external and internal needs and processes to effectively work with service development. It's great to gather customer, user and coworker research in journeys. It structures lots of information and connect the organisation based on customer needs and behaviours.
ProsThe flexibility to adapt and gather information in customer centric work. There is an openness in the interface to let me control how we create our customer tourneys and service blueprints. I like the possibility to share and collaborate online.
ConsNot being able to create an execute version of the information. Sometime the map is lagging when to map is too big.
May 3, 2019
Ghulam Husnain Ali, C.
Advisor Customer Experience Management
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
December 9, 2018

“Simple & Powerful Journey Mapping Tool”

OverallWe have used Custellence to illustrate the experiences customers or various organizations are going through. The digitized PDF versions of these journeys have been easily shared amongst team members and have been used affectively to communicate customer pain areas.
ProsCustellence is the most elegant and simple yet powerful journey mapping tool that can be used for building collaborative and illustrative journey maps. Highly advised for teams that are starting out journey mapping and want to quickly and cost affectively digitize the 'Post-It' journeys they co-create internally or with customers, or want to collaboratively design journeys amongst geographically spread out team members.
ConsThere is currently no room to link real time or dash-board style metrics from a database. If that is done, and I understand that is something the the Custellence team is working on, Custellence could serve as a journey mapping tool of choice until the organization wants to integrate journey mapping, end-to-end service blueprinting, improvement road-mapping and monitoring all in one solution.
December 9, 2018
Marc F.
Founding partner
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
February 5, 2019

“Customer Journey Mapping on Steroids!”

ProsCollaboration! That's the thing that makes Custellence great for me. But in general it feels like we're moving out of the stone age into the modern world with this tool. Of course creating maps in an analog way has its value but also it limits. And you're bound to run into these limits very quickly once you start using Customer Journey Maps on a professional level. Custellence has been the tool that allowed me to really put the needs of our customers at the center of our business in a structured and systematic way.
ConsOf course there are always features that would be nice to have but overall Custellence gets the job done. I'm looking forward how it will make live even more easier in the future.
February 5, 2019
Kirsten H.
Operations
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2019

“Custellence takes sticky notes where they have never gone before”

ProsI love the user interface and design. You can tell they have thought through this part in a lot of detail. You get the ease and practicality of physical sticky notes with the benefits of an online and dynamic software. Customer journeys are always changing and Custellence is by far the best tool I have found for mapping such an important part of the business. Plus it allows for quick feedback from other teams. The customer service team is responsive, open to questions and kind. Too many good things to say about them.
ConsI would love to see a Custellence customer journey map or service blueprint example to look at for reference in moments that lack inspiration or info to fill in your own. Of course each business model is different, but sometimes examples of others bring to light flaws or gaps in your own! Plenty out there on google but terms and map style differ so a Custellence created example would be a great complement to a stellar software. Oh and maybe a community forum where people who are creating these maps can ask questions to each other as well.
September 23, 2019
Orhan L.
Marketing and Sales consultant
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 26, 2019

“Terrible customer journey”

OverallNon
ProsNothing at all. The whole experience was just terrible.
ConsI wanted to see a free template as indicated on the site. First I lost my time on making an account. When logging in, there were no free templates at all. Then I received the e-mail form an agent where he was blablabling about how they are people oriented firm etc announcing that I will receive another 3 e-mail during the day! Sorry, that is just pathetic and this is mental raping. So, bye, bye.

By Custellence on October 4, 2019
Hi Orhan, I am sorry to hear that you didn't find the free templates. They are available on our site: https://custellence.com/templates/ and are free to use either as a PDF to download or use while in the application when starting on a new journey map. Given your feedback, we'll try to make it even easier to find them in the future. I totally understand the frustration when not finding what you're looking for - but I also wish you had told us about the problem and let us help when I contacted you after you'd sent us messages saying how angry and disappointed you were. Then we could have solved the issue. Best regards, Sabina & Custellence Team
September 26, 2019
Ulrika E.
Product Owner
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
January 30, 2019

“best customer journey mapping tool on the market!”

Overallalignment and a clear view on what to prioritize and a clear structure on how to organize around a problem to solve.
Proseasy to use, great UX! this tool helps me to drive change and collaboration through a fast-paced organization. I can invite viewers and have a focused conversations for fast decisions.
ConsI haven't found any downsides yet. maybe it will show and I will update :)
January 30, 2019
David B.
service designer
August 31, 2017

“its a great tool for visually describing any type of sequence that happens over time. ”

Prosgreat flexibility, i can create anytype of customer journey adapted to our organisation and I love the collaboration feature. It gives me the big picture - but also the details.
Consthe user interface need some work to become truly user friendly. I get confused about how subcards are created and deleted.
August 31, 2017
Jackie T.
Service/UX Designer
September 5, 2017

“Great collaborative tool to create customer journeys, very easy to use! ”

ProsThe fact that I can customize it any way I want, that it's versatile and that I can invite clients to collaborate on a map in real time.
ConsThere are some minor technical things, like not being able to regret something you've done for example.

By Custellence on September 7, 2017
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your feedback!
September 5, 2017
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
December 7, 2018

“Great customer journey tool”

ProsEasy to use. Constant improvement of the product. Perfect when working with customers with its collaboration feature Easy to get "the big picture" and also the details.
Consminor things, but the product constantly improves
December 7, 2018