VetBadger Ratings

Overall

About VetBadger

VetBadger's revolutionary cloud-based practice management software is so easy to learn. Let us show you around and then you can take your own Test Drive! With two-way integrated email, text messaging and fax, client messages go straight into the medical chart. Role-based task management keeps your team on the same page and working efficiently throughout the day. The QuickBooks integration keeps your inventory and financials up-to-date in real time. Practice management software that doesn't suck! Learn more about VetBadger

Tracy K.
Practice owner/veterinarian
February 10, 2018

“Unique features including texting which make the most of communicating w your clients ”

OverallCost savings. The ability to text my clients, which was one of my top priorites. The ability to "prebuild" SOAPS for common ailments. This ensures my team asks the questions I want, and that we remember to include common diagnostics and treatments in the estimate. Little things come up, but customer service is superb so I can't really say I have any cons. I'm immensely happy I chose this software for our practice! Connectivity is great, we've never had a major issue. This is my third practice, and I've worked elsewhere, so I've used many other veterinary software platforms. Compared to the bloat of ImproMed Infinity, Vet Badger is a breeze to set up and much more cost effective.
Pros1. Ability to text my clients from the software AND have them text back, right into the medical record. They can also text me pictures! Clients LOVE this feature 2. Ability to make our own "pre built estimates" that contain our unique questions and protocols, which makes it easy to capture the info we want from the client when they bring their pet in AND allows us to quickly give them an estimate for treatment. Saves a ton of time for the doctor as far as record-keeping and ensures charges are captured/not missed. 3. Cloud based, and can use on Chromebooks--so easy to access from anywhere, and cost to set up is minimal compared to server-based software. 4. It's complex enough to give me the features I want and need, but not bloated with stuff I'll never use 5. Voice to text! I can easily dictate my SOAPS and close out a MR before my next appointment. Allows me not to have that "pile of files" at the end of the day. 6. I can email clients their medical record and findings, INCLUDING links to pictures we've taken of their pet's problem. You can make preset shortcuts to things you are discussing all the time, such as diabetes or inappropriate elimination. A simple "#shortcut" will add as much detail as you want to the medical record, without having to retype that info for each case! 7. We use our iPad to take a picture of the pet's teeth, wound, etc, and the picture immediately is shown in that day's medical record. Saves time!
February 10, 2018
Tracy K.
Veterinarian/owner
May 21, 2019

“So glad I chose this veterinary software for my new clinic. Has been vital for client satisfaction!”

OverallI am 100% pleased with my choice. (And I've been a veterinarian 25+ years, so I have worked with all the big names in veterinary software, and would NEVER go back) HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Pros1. Ability to text my clients! They absolutely love this feature. It is great how my text AND their replies show up right in the pet's medical record. Imagine making 6 "call backs" and leaving voice mails, having to enter all that in the MR, versus how quick it is to sent 6 texts to 6 different clients, then simply seeing their response on your "home page". The whole staff can see text replies come in, so we are all in the loop! 2. The ability to "build my own" estimates and protocols for my most common procedures. Then it is simple to choose "vomiting pet" and have my technicians ask all the questions I like to know, and we have a plan of most common treatments to help guide us on our work up. A huge time saver, and helps us avoid missed charges! 3. The whole platform is easy to learn, and customer support is lightning fast! 4. CLOUD BASED--so great to access from any computer, anywhere, anytime. AND that means no expensive server or PC computers to have to fix and replace. A simple chromebook for everyone--inexpensive and easy!
ConsI love it all. It keeps evolving with our wishes. I am 100% pleased with my choice.
Amanda E.
Practice Manger
Veterinary, 11-50 employees

“Love it! ”

OverallWorking with VetBadger has been amazing. The customer service team is exceptional and willing to work with you to find solutions that work with your business. Our team enjoys the increased communication with our clients and the ability to have everything they need in one spot.
ProsOur team loves the communication features that VetBadger offers! Having the ability to send text messages and emails directly to our clients from the software has eliminated the time wasted in copying and pasting. Not to mention the ability to see all the data and communication about our patients in 1 location - no matter where we are! We love the cloud based capabilities that allow us to access our patient's information at home and on the road. That it integrates with Quickbooks for all our invoicing, inventory and financial needs is fantastic!
ConsOur only downside is if we lose power and are without internet. This is a standard problem with any cloud based software. The upside is that you can pick up your laptop and work from another location if necessary or simply use a hot spot from a cell phone.
Breanna S.
CVT/Office Manager
May 20, 2019

“Simple, Great Customer Service, Willing To Make Modifications”

OverallOverall the experience has been positive. We appreciate that the developers are always willing to listen to our feedback and make modifications as we need them.
ProsThe ability to send text message updates and communicate with our clients that way is a huge time saver. The software is simple and cloud based so I can access it from anywhere.
ConsFormatting can be problematic due to the simplicity of the software. Also if multiple users are in the same client account at once the system will lag or displace your cursor.
Rachel L.
RVT, KPA CTP, VTS (Behavior)
June 3, 2019

“VetBadger - Awesome Customer Support”

OverallOur clinic came from paper charts, notes, etc. Using VetBadger has been awesome to transition to paperless. It was VERY hard at first but the company made it very easy to transition. Two thumbs up for VetBadger
ProsVetBadger has FANTASTIC customer support. Our clinic contacts the company frequently with questions and changes. The Help Tasks are great as the support team is in contact within a few hours! The task bar is great as I love a "To Do" list! It helps me organize my day!
ConsThere are a large amount of changes that happen without a notice to the veterinary team. This makes it challenging and for people like me who have a hard time with change. Overall that is truly the biggest issue. I would love if we could minimize charts in the future
June 3, 2019
Shannon R.
Patient Care Coordinator

“Review for VetBadger”

OverallOverall I like VetBadger, it's very easy to use and if there are ever any issues the customer service is GREAT and quick! My favorite feature is the ability to text back and forth with the clients. The clients also like this!
ProsIt's very user friendly. I especially like the ability to text clients.
ConsIt's pretty basic, it would be nice if there were more features; such as, being able to check out a client within the program. We use Quickbooks along with VetBadger. It would be nice If everything was all under one program.
Jennifer K.
Veterinarian/Practice owner
September 13, 2019

“VetBadger--Keeps me connected to my clients and documents that connection”

OverallAs a "boutique" type small clinic owner with a recent start up--ongoing communication via text/emails is extremely important to me to bond with with, attract and retain clientele. The fact that I can communicate with new clients this way and NOT have to take the additional time to document all that extra communication in the medical record was the selling point for me. Support has been excellent.
ProsEase of texting and/or emailing clients and having that conversation automatically be documented in patient's medical record. Integration directly with QB is also very time saving.
ConsThere a couple little "work arounds" that aren't completely intuitive--but, not difficult to get the hang of with repetition. A few "glitches" are still being identified and worked on by the owner.
September 13, 2019
Amy P.
Veterinarian/owner
July 3, 2019

“VetBadger's customer service is phenomenal!”

OverallExcellent!
ProsIts very easy to use once you understand the sections. What I love most about it though is the customer service. If we ever have a question (which is like 5 times per day since we are new!) they get back to us right away, are always happy to set up a Zoom meeting to walk us through stuff, etc.
ConsHaving used other veterinary software companies in the past, it was not as intuitive in terms of where everything "went". But, once we got a handle on that, we were off to the races!
July 3, 2019
Chelsea G.
Certified Veterinary Technician

“VetBadger Review”

OverallOverall I like the software and appreciate the great customer service that comes along with it. With any new system/software it will take a little bit to work out the kinks for specific uses.
ProsIt is pretty easy to use and navigate, is simple.
ConsSome of the functions are not user friendly and/or do not actually function (i.e. the prescription refill button).
Michelle D.
Associate Veterinarian
September 21, 2017

“Intuitive to use”

ProsIntuitive to use and easy to review records. Makes writing my chart very fast and easy. Love being able to look at only Rx, only attachments, etc...
ConsDifficult to change things that are already in the system like old alerts, duplicate appointments, etc...

By VetBadger on September 25, 2017
Hi Dr. DeCourcey, thanks for the review. We love hearing our users talk about how fast and easy things are, because that¿s what we¿re always working towards. We have a release coming up that is focused on allowing you quickly to manage more items as you view them in the patient¿s chart. This will allow you to act on upcoming appointments as well as alerts without leaving your current workflow. Thanks again, The VetBadger Team
September 21, 2017
Danielle B.
Veterinary Technician

“VetBadger”

ProsIt is easy to use and navigate around. I am not computer savvy but I do not have an issue using this software.
ConsUpdates are for the whole software(all clinics) not just for the individual clinic.
Garry E.
Lead
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2017

“Elegant UI/UX with practical backoffice functionality.”

OverallOne-click appointment confirmation and SMS reminders made my experience great.
ProsEase of use and simple UI/UX. As a customer, I love the simplified approach and use of available space. One-click SMS appointment confirmation was a nice touch.
ConsI'd like to see uber-maximization for all mobile devices as a primary offering. With traffic % approaching 70%+ for mobile, as a user/customer, I'd like to see an optimized, super-sexy mobile experience, at every step of the customer process.

By VetBadger on September 25, 2017
Hi Garry, thanks for the review. We are thrilled you had a great experience as a pet owner. You¿ll be excited to know that we just released our enhanced appointment confirmation screens, so when you get the text message to confirm your next appointment, you¿ll get a fantastic looking screen. Thanks again, The VetBadger Team
September 18, 2017