Cornerstone LMS Ratings

Overall

About Cornerstone LMS

Reinvent learning and development to realise the potential of your employees by creating a culture of continuous learning. With Cornerstones Learning suite, go beyond delivering training and compliance to developing an engaged, collaborative and skilled workforce. Learn more about Cornerstone LMS

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 12, 2019

“An on-demand one-stop solution!”

OverallI am always excited to use Cornerstone OnDemand Suite for all industries. It fits very well with Life Sciences and Banking industries. This application is scalable, robust and user-friendly.
ProsCornerstone OnDemand is one of the best suites available in the market. I like the user-friendliness of the product. It does not require much technical knowledge. It has unique features such as Learning Admin Console (very detailed), Content Uploader, Edge Import, Data Load Wizard and the impressive Reporting Dashboard. This application can be integrated with any 3rd party applications. This application has all compliance features such as CFR 11, GDPR, etc.
ConsEdge Import is still in evolving stage hence does not have all the fields as required. Custom Reports in CSOD application should accommodate all the fields included in Learning Objects. Otherwise, there are no specific issues that affects the performance of the software. I highly recommend this solution.
September 12, 2019
Accounting, 10,001+ employees
September 4, 2019

“Cornerstone admin user for two years, great product!”

OverallOur overall experience with cornerstone's LMS has been great. As I previously stated, it's fairly easy to pick up on as an admin and end user, and it's a great tool to deliver training.
ProsThe thing I like most about the software is how easy it is to learn, and how quickly somebody with no experience can pick up on things.
ConsThere really isn't an overarching con that turns me away from the software. We run into hiccups with support from time to time, but that's about it.
Jamie D.
LMS Admin/Training Specialist
February 15, 2016

“A quality LMS and performance management product”

OverallI've been an administrator for Cornerstone (CSOD) for about 2 years now. We use the Learning and Connect modules and we have added Observation Checklists from the Performance module. I've previously managed 5 other LMSs in both corporate and education settings. I can honestly say that CSOD is one of my favorites, however, it's not without frustrations at times. Pros: -There's been little to no unscheduled downtime. -They have a quarterly release schedule, which is packed with useful features and updates and then bug fixes/maintenance windows EOW. -The LMS module works well with most SCORM compliant courses. An issue I struggled with while managing another competitor. We mainly use Articulate Storyline 1 & 2, but it also works well with tutorials that we've purchased from third parties. -Reporting is powerful and available real-time. -The enrollment tools allow for a single enrollment or dynamic/scheduled enrollments. -I really like the customization offered in the portal. Welcome and custom pages have just enough flexibility to allow for creativity, yet are still easy to use. There are also settings for the menu and branding, which allow you to create a unique experience for you audience. -The system has played well with our nightly user feed from SAP. -I manage several user roles that allow me to effective manage the rights of various users throughout the system. -CSOD has revamping several areas of the system to give them a more modern look and feel. -Additionally, they have a mobile app that just recently received an update that updated its UI. -Their user conference is one of the best I've ever attended. Cons: -Their Global Product Support is sub-par and has been ever since I started managing the system, despite what they call "growing pains" within their structure that they are supposed to be addressing. Not a very good excuse and it is tiring working with them at times. -Although their mobile app is decent, they seem to introduce a new bug with every release and they only update the app quarterly, so my users have to live with the bug for 3 months before it is patched. -Their integration with WebEx for vILT just broke last year and it took them 8-10 months to patch it. -There overall message is that they are a tech company that is fun and nimble like Google or Facebook, however, with their fast growth, they feel like they are moving the direction of SAP and Oracle.
February 15, 2016
Nate M.
HRIS Analyst
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
August 21, 2019

“CSOD Review”

OverallWe have been working with CSOD for almost two years. Of all the modules CSOD has to offer, the LMS is probably the best. CSOD offers some great resources to get your questions answered however, their Global Product Support for more technical questions/issues is terrible. They have made an effort to improve that team recently however, it has a long way to go. I mentioned it above in the cons section - if you plan on using multiple modules be aware that each module seems to have been developed in a silo effort & there is no consistency throughout.
Pros1. Quarterly releases with a transparent road map 2. Offers a Client Portal to connect, ask questions & make suggestions, which actually gets used & is useful 3. Scheduled down times are limited 4. Recent updates have added a more modern UI/UX
Cons1. Global Product Support 2. Global Product Support 3. Global Product Support 4. If you plan on using CSOD's other modules (e.g. Performance, ATS, etc) keep in mind that there is no consistency & the UI/UX will be different depending on where the user is in the system. Although you cannot consider this a con of their LMS.
August 21, 2019
Giulia M.
Organizational Development and Learning Specialist
November 13, 2015

“Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator”

OverallThe best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports of their direct reports' training. In addition to the reporting functionality, Cornerstone as a vendor has been great! I have an amazing team that I can rely on to provide me with the answers and solutions to my issues and initiatives. When evaluating a Learning Management System, I think that the support you receive after implementation is just as important as the product itself. Of course, you wish to receive a product that meets all of your business needs, but it's important to also look for a company that provides ongoing support. Cornerstone provides that to their clients. As an administrator, I found the system to be very easy to learn and use. It's logical and provides a clean look. Users require very little training on how to use the system. It's intuitive for them and for someone like me, saves time from needing to train users. Thus far, I have been able to implement all business initiatives through the Cornerstone system. There have even been a few requests that I have been able to accommodate using a work-around that Cornerstone helped me create. The system is well designed. I have never logged onto the system and have it be unavailable (unless during scheduled maintenance). You can trust this product and its team to fix system issues quickly and efficiently. Cornerstone consistently provides support to its clients. In the beginning stages, the sales person helps you to purchase the right product for your business needs. You are then paired with an implementation specialist who makes the process easy! After implementation, you are assigned a client success manager. My CSM always makes time for me and returns my e-mails/phone calls. In addition, I can always reach out to global product support and take part in webinars with other clients and CSMs to get answers to my questions.
Casey C.
Senior Talent Development Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees

“Customizable and User-Centric”

OverallThe use of Cornerstone has been instrumental in changing the training culture of our social services agency, which relies on flexible training delivery to staff who's time is limited and most often needed elsewhere.
ProsCornerstone has created and outlet for users across varied companies to collaborate and advocate for new and/or improved features. I have seen requested features come to fruition in their regularly scheduled feature updates that are rolled out several times a year.
ConsIn regards to training and support, Cornerstone definitely prioritizes some functionality over others. When working in the Certification Management area, I have rarely communicated with anyone who I would call an expert. I have often gotten the odd look and the blow off when I expressed my need for assistance in this area.
Christian B.
HRIS Program Manager
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 3, 2019

“Best LMS/LXP out there ”

OverallExcellent- we are consistently improving automation and reporting, and continue to win national training awards with CSOD in the background.
ProsI have been in the HRIS world for awhile, and touched many different products. CSOD has been one of the best, the logic and function makes sense, it is intuitive, and the improvements always bring excitement and enthusiasm to the group. Looking for amazing dynamic software - that can handle either a push or a pull type learning experience, you have found it.
ConsGPS - struggles. Developers tend to QC live with the early adopter and client community... they are truly Agile in that sense. GPS is undergoing change, and it has improved drastically in the past 2 years- there is a lot of work left to do.
July 3, 2019
Amy S.
Owner & CEO
November 17, 2017

“Adding and tracking attendance for our training courses is easy to maintain with Cornerstone.”

OverallThe main benefits are being able to track on report on which customers attend our courses and how they evaluated our courses.
ProsWhat I like most about Cornerstone is that I can add and track our courses and customers who have attended our courses. A majority of our courses are offered virtually so being able to effectively track attendance for these courses in a simplified way is very beneficial to us. We also have advanced courses that our customers need and since we do not allow customers to take an advanced course with the pre-requisite course is extremely valuable to us. We do not want out customers to get frustrated when they attend a training that overwhelms then when they should have take a introductory course first. Cornerstone makes this easy to implement our protocol. I also like they customer can easily receive email confirmation when they locate and register for the course. They also can get in their email the Student Manual for the course and also integrate the date/time of the course in the email application.
ConsSometimes, our customer don't know exactly where to go to launch a course they are scheduled to attend. They have to go to their User Profile and look at their transcript. Although most customers to locate this, some can not. We wish it could be easier so that our customer attendance is high and we can continue educating our customers on the products we offer.
November 17, 2017
Franz V.
December 8, 2015

“CSOD Client Services Structure Is Great!”

OverallCornerstone OnDemand's Learning Cloud is a robust LMS that provides all of the necessary functions to properly administer an organizations training operations. Our training department manages hundreds of simultaneous training sessions every week, from self-paced elearning and webinars to ILT sessions and third party vendor training, CSOD has helped us keep accurate training records and produce valuable reporting data integral to our business strategy. There are many helpful functions within the Learning Cloud, but one in particular that has been a time-saver is the Test Engine. The Test Engine within CSOD has helped us reduce the cost of administering and maintaining tests. We constantly test our employees for job proficiency. After much thought and planning, although we had the option of building tests using authoring software like Adobe Captivate or Articulate Quizmaker and then uploading them to the Learning Cloud, we instead decided to use the Test Engine. The Test Engine allows us to build a database of test questions and categorize them. This makes organizing, updating and create new tests simple and faster than using authoring software. In addition to the useful functionality within the Learning Cloud, CSOD's client support team has been outstanding. I can't rave enough of how valuable it is for any company it is to have a DIRECT relationship with their LMS vendor. CSOD provides us with a dedicated client support representative and a whole team of troubleshooting partners that are available to answer questions or resolve issues. CSOD's client support is amazing. In addition to having actual people you can talk to over the phone, CSOD hosts several live webinars that touch upon different functionality within the software. There are even office hours where a CSOD specialist is available for discussions about LMS administration or strategy. With so many useful features and an absolutely fantastic client support structure, CSOD should definitely be in the conversation when discussing the top five enterprise level LMS applications in the market today.
December 8, 2015
Daniela A.
L&D Coordinator
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 30, 2019

“LMS with a lot of Capabilities ”

OverallWe want to drive users to go into the LMS so that they can utilize all of the learning thats offered. With Cornerstone releasing Learner Home it was a great way to get users into the system because it reminds them of Netflix which is fun.
ProsI like that Cornerstone is constantly releasing new tools and features to enhance the LMS. They really listen to their customers and take in all advice to make necessary upgrades. The software is easy to navigate and use. Making ILT sessions and events is straightforward. I also like how you can add badges to a learning object so that way learners feel good when they accomplish something. Also, the reporting capabilities are great and there are a number of reports you can generate to analyze how the system is being utilized.
ConsThe Quiz functionality of the system is not good and not easy to use. Its not modern and every test you make has to be out of 100. Also, you can drag and drop questions in whatever order you want them to be. The tool is limited and needs to be upgraded for easier use.
September 30, 2019
Jamie D.
Learning Management System Administrator, Training Specialist
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
May 23, 2018

“Quality product, poor support, costly price tag”

OverallWe use Cornerstone LMS to manage our global employee training. It supports SCORM tutorials, videos, and materials, as well as robust reporting.
ProsFull functionality for an LMS. Can integrate with many other Enterprise systems. New learner experience features are bringing a modern approach to corporate learning. They have started to support xAPI.
ConsTheir Global Product Support has had issues for several years. Response times on tickets are bad. The cost can be quite high compared to other LMS companies. They demnd a certain percentage increase each year even if it isn't justified.
May 23, 2018
Wholesale, 201-500 employees
September 25, 2019

“An excellent way to organize and provide employee training.”

OverallWe have used the Learning module for a few years and added in the performance and recruiting modules. My focus is on the Learning and Core modules.
ProsThere is so much we can do to improve our employee education / training with the system.
ConsWe are not using the software to it's full extent so there is a lot of clean up to do. We are also part of a larger corporation so I'm not able to use some of the new features without assistance from the lead organization.
September 25, 2019
Valerie P.
Director of Learning & Development
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
September 9, 2019

“Really need a reliable LMS for company needs”

OverallI would enjoy more training on every functionality that we may not know that we are using.
ProsWe hold all learning transcripts on the LMS. We build courses and assign all learning to every employee. We love the reporting function and constant updates.
ConsIt is hard to get the right information when you need it immediately. If you join a call for questions, most of the times it is full and you have to wait until the next day. The person who sells it to you doesn't support you after.
Sara C.
HR Compliance
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees
April 15, 2019

“Great LMS for Larger Businesses with Extensive Training Needs”

ProsThe ability to create groups and assign training to those groups systematically.
ConsThis may just be the way our company has set it up, but for me, reporting is not always intuitive. When you assign training as part of a bundle such as "New hire", "Annual recertification", ect. the individual class inside the bundle doesn't pull in report by that course name. You must select every bundle in which the course is assigned to get an accurate report of completions.
April 15, 2019
Sharon T.
Instructional Designer
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees
October 8, 2019

“A great Talent Mgmt Portal”

OverallLets you assign complex training (curriculums) to a complex organization and groups. Reporting is basic.
ProsLMS, onboarding, performance management, collaboration and communication, social - everything you need for talent management in a corporation/
ConsThe admin side is very difficult to use. Also, Cornerstone has the habit of halfway launching new features without fully "baking" them. They push out "flashy" features to gain new clients but dont execute well at all.
October 8, 2019
Kari V.
LMS Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Growing and Innovating”

OverallIt has transformed our Learning and Development department and we'd be lost without it.
ProsI've been using Cornerstone for 4+ years and in that time they have grown by leaps and bounds - as a company and as a software solution. I like they they are innovative and updating the softward to meet our needs.
ConsThat you cannot edit groups. We create many groups for our assignments and there needs a way to be able to edit them.
Kyle F.
Corporate Training Manager
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
January 24, 2017

“High Quality, Dependable LMS...Without Costing a Fortune”

OverallHave been a customer with Cornerstone for 6 years, and definitely a big supporter of the project. I have used many other LMS platforms in the past, and Cornerstone is unique in that it provides much of the customization ability directly to the customer...meaning little to no extra customization fees. On top of that, very little outage or technical issues overall. Excellent product which I'd highly recommend.
ProsAdministrative capabilities and overall ease of use for end users.
ConsLearning curve for admins
Recommendations to other buyersGreat product, definitely one of the best.
January 24, 2017
Becky M.
Instructional Designer
December 15, 2015

“Awesome LMS and Company--definitely a leader in the business”

OverallOne of the things that helped Cornerstone stand out from other LMS vendors was the company itself. Their culture was very similar to our own company culture, which was a plus. However, I think we were most impressed with their communication, support, and resources. Once we decided to go with Cornerstone, we were given ample time to learn how to administer the LMS and test things in a pilot environment before moving to production. Even 1 year later, we are still checking in quarterly with our support specialist, Jamie. In addition to our support specialist, there are tons of resources in the Cornerstone community--help topics, discussion groups, webinars, and release emails that tell us about new features that roll out every quarter. You definitely don't feel like you're alone when you go with Cornerstone--they have an excellent product and excellent support. It also looks very user friendly! I love the Cornerstone branding and colors. As with any LMS, there's a lot to learn and manage--so the ramp-up does take a lot of time. I still feel like there's a lot for me to learn in just the Learning Cloud! Our team has also tried to figure out a couple of workarounds for certain issues, like SCORM 2004 reporting. There was a custom report we wanted to create, but could not do within the current platform. Turns out, there are some things that require an additional back-end cost. If you're looking at different LMS companies, definitely have a pretty detailed idea of the types of things you want to do in the LMS, so you can figure out if it's possible in the Cornerstone platform. Have some goals in mind and make sure they align with what Cornerstone can do.
December 15, 2015
Amy S.
Manager of Learning Solutions
November 17, 2015

“Cornerstone Learning Module”

OverallWhen I think about pros and cons of the Cornerstone LMS what I find as the biggest benefit is the innovation that they have and that they are the leader in the Learning space. For CSOD their primary focus is on the Learning module. They do offer a full Talent suite but their Learning offering is their bread and butter. Other vendors may have a Learning Module but originally are in a different space like Recruiting or Talent or Core HR and are spending their R&D efforts their instead of on Learning. So a Pro is definitely that the Learning Module get's a lot of focus and attention. Based on my personal experience here is a more detailed list of Pros and Cons: Pros: - The portal is natively mobile responsive so it scales to different devices - The video streaming service is very nicely done and helps clients that are bandwidth challenged - The application is one code base making it more consistent within itself then other LMSs that are patchworked from acquisitions or customizations -There is a social component called Connect that is tied to learning, this feature is still evolving but is promising and is beyond where their competitors are Cons: -CSOD is still a young company with immature processes in regards to testing and release management -CSOD adds new features based on what is needed to seal the deal with prospective clients (if you want the feature, ask for it as part of your contract) and based off of a voting system -CSOD support is lacking, if you go with them I would strongly encourage diligent case management and follow up by a detail oriented individual -CSOD off shores a lot of their tech and engineering work
November 17, 2015
Max C.
LMS Administrator
Retail, 10,001+ employees

“Cornerstone LMS Review”

Pros- Reporting functionality - Consistency throughout most of the interface - Easy to find training on the Client Success Center - Learner Home
Cons- Outdated portions of the interface (Forms, emails) - Cornerstone tends to roll out new features that are not ready to be rolled out - Odd one off hard and fast rules (learner home having the "Add Subject" covering banners)
Marissa M.
Facillitator
Entertainment, 5001-10,000 employees
July 31, 2019

“I love the ease of the program”

OverallI don't have any issues with this program. It took a while to get switched from a sales representative user to a facilitator administrator within the system but I believe that was an issue internally. I like how easy it is to use this program. As a facilitator, I had to assign training, review, rate, pull reports and many other tasks within this program and everything was so easy and simple to use.
ProsI like how easy it is to use this program. As a facilitator, I had to assign training, review, rate, pull reports and many other tasks within this program and everything was so easy and simple to use.
ConsI don't have any issues with this program. It took a while to get switched from a sales representative user to a facilitator administrator within the system but I believe that was an issue internally.
July 31, 2019
Stacie S.
Sr. ISD

“2-years strong”

OverallWe converted from hosting our own LMS to the CSOD cloud-based solution a little over 2-years ago. Let me say, the conversion was painful! Not necessarily a result of CSOD, but a result of moving data from one system to another. Now that we have been using the system for 2 years, I can say they all "sell" you similar ways of doing things. Proxies; groups; learning plans; transcripts; oh my! The list goes on and on CSOD pitched the best product based on our use cases and our needs. We did come to find out that perception is not always reality. Meaning, they will tell you (and show you) there is a way to accomplish that scenario, but it is not always that straight forward once the system is yours to implement. To summarize my thoughts, here are a list of my pros and cons... Pros: They communicate changes for upcoming releases relatively well You can network with other clients You are assigned a client success manager (we have had several; some good and some mediocre) The company makes system changes based on customer requests You can create complex curricula in a easy to follow player The interface is customizable You can review a course Cons: We have had features turned on without requesting it There is often a sow turn-around on support issues Code changes often cause strange things to occur could they QA better? It is difficult to assign training through My Team if you have indirect reports Reporting is overwhelming and there are so many options to create one; they are almost impossible to run if you are not an admin of the system The course reviews are buried
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
August 19, 2019

“Complex tool ”

ProsLearning Assignment tool and the new Reporting feature. They are more modern and user friendly, intuitive to use.
ConsThe tool is very complex. There are too many permissions, rules and options to consider when taking any action. Sometimes the features you are using are not working because of a step you missed or a box you did not flag along the way.
August 19, 2019
Jennifer G.
Principal Trainer
Insurance, 201-500 employees
August 16, 2019

“Full of Features to Streamline Your Business”

ProsThere are a ton of features to help streamline your business processes. The reports feature is one that we use frequently. Our employees enjoy CyberU, the training course catalog, and find it helpful to have so many options at their fingertips.
ConsTrying to figure out exactly how to do what you want to do is not easy. The videos offered that are intended to help you learn the functionality are not really helpful. They are very cut and dry and don't offer many scenarios. The help feature in the Cornerstone Support Center is nice, but you have to be very specific when searching for your topic, or you won't find your answer, even if it's there.
Sharon S.
Professional Training & Coaching, 501-1000 employees
January 22, 2019

“A bit on the difficult side”

ProsAs a corporate trainer, I was tasked with updating an eLearning catalog into Cornerstone LMS. I did like the finished product and the user interface of this software.
ConsIt was not all that intuitive to use. I am not the most technically minded person, and I really struggled to get things set up in this system. It was pretty frustrating.
January 22, 2019
Joshua G.
Training Specialist
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
August 29, 2019

“Decent Product”

ProsProduct does what it says well. CSOD does a good job of consistently rolling out bug fixes when issues do arise, and has a solid road map of product improvements.
ConsNuances in different areas of the system don't make sense sometimes, but that is to be expected with any software packages.
August 29, 2019
Deanna E.
VP HR
May 16, 2017

“Excellent LMS software”

ProsThis software allows integration with other softwares to upload content which was a nice feature because we had multiple sources of learning content that could be housed in one area. The mass communication feature was great to inform participants of changes, etc. to the course work.
ConsWhen we first starting using Cornerstone on Demand the products Performance and Learning systems were separate, which at times created double work/entry. That has been fixed.
May 16, 2017
Heather R.
Learning Systems Administrator
November 9, 2015

“Great Talent Management System”

OverallCornerstone is the best and most comprehensive solution that I have seen for talent management. I have used the LMS, Performance, Succession, Connect and Extended Enterprise modules. CSOD continues to make enhancements to their product, especially with Learning, Connect and Performance, but where they are lacking is in enhancements to their mobile app and to their Succession module. While I do find great value in reaching out to their Global Product Support team, it will sometimes take days and even weeks before you get a response from them on a case. The communication to the customer is lacking there. Additionally, I find that some of the modules, such as Performance and Succession, can be really complex and require a lot of testing and trial and error to get things right. It does help that you are given two test environments (Stage and Pilot) to test things in. The quarterly releases have also gotten better over time, with many resources that can be used throughout User Acceptance Testing and the rest of the release cycle. Change is not always handled seamlessly for the customer, as we have experienced major delays when our Account Manager was on leave and also our Client Success Manager was out on leave. The people who filled in for them seemed overwhelmed and as a result there was a lack of communication. Overall, Cornerstone is a great encompassing talent management system and I have not encountered another company that comes close to having all that they offer under one roof.
November 9, 2015
Melissa A.
HR Specialist I
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
August 14, 2019

“Cornerstone is a wonderful product”

OverallWe are currently using the LMS side of it, and it has been amazing. Our employees love it and have voiced many times the simplicity of it, versus our older system.
ProsI like all the multi-functions this system has, you can do anything from employee evaluations to posting classes for your employees to register for.
ConsI wish the directions were a little easier to handle.. All the information that you need is there, you just have to find it. And, that may take a minute :)
Casey C.
Learning Specialist

“Cornerstone LMS”

OverallOur experience with Cornerstone has been rough to say the least. From our initial sales meetings and implementation there have been things that have just not gone as promoted. As a regulated medical device manufacturing company we have very specific expectations out of our LMS and Cornerstone claimed to be able to support those expectations and has fallen short in some areas. That being said, they have improved over the years and are much better with being transparent with us then in the past. We struggle with using a cloud based LMS for two reasons. One because our requested enhancements are usually denied or go into the black hole of a system that uses votes from other clients to assess other clients interests. As I mentioned we have very specific needs which aren't likely to receive a large number of votes. And second, when changes are pushed to our portal automatically we then have to retrain our global admins and users. It sometimes feels like you have to ask the same questions over and over to receive help. On the pro side I'd say the user interface is a big pro. The users seem to like the look and feel of cornerstone much better than our previous LMS. If we had to do it all over again would we cornerstone in the first place, maybe not, but as I mentioned previously there has been some improvement over the years and we will continue to voice our requests until it exceeds our requirements.
Diana A.
Assoc. Director- Training & Development
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees

“Cornerstone Came Through!”

ProsI really like how easy this software is to search for courses, upload a course and maintain progress.
ConsI dislike how many steps you have to take to upload any PPT course, how you can't pull specific engagement reports without having Google Analytics, how oftentimes Office Hours is NO help, how we can't customize certain features.
Shandus P.
HR Generalist
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
January 24, 2019

“Does what it needs us to do - some challenges”

ProsFor us, it was good because we did not have an LMS prior to implementing Cornerstone. It allows us to have employees sign up for instructor-led training online, add the completed course to their transcript, track attendance, etc. It also provides a library of online learning options, which range in quality from unusable to decent.
ConsSo many challenges with creating automatic assignments for training and other required assignments, like with new hires.
January 24, 2019
Farming, 201-500 employees
August 26, 2019

“Cornerstone Review”

OverallCornerstone is great. They let everyone know the new features and do their best to get regional groups together to discuss their products.
ProsEase of use from an admin point of view. I also like how creative you can get with custom pages
ConsEnd users complain that it is too big and too hard for them to navigate.
August 26, 2019
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
October 15, 2019

“Great LMS - Improvements Needed with UI”

ProsThis is a great system with a lot of potential functionality.
ConsThe complexity of the system functionality can also leave something to be desired. Would love to see a more user friendly UI for not only the end user, but for the system administrator as well.
October 15, 2019
Jilyne T.
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition & Inclusion
Consumer Goods, 5001-10,000 employees
April 3, 2019

“Good Ongoing Updates”

ProsThere are so many things that can be customized, and the user interface is easy to use and configure. Cornerstone continues to make positive updates to the system functionality to make things more intuitive for employees.
ConsThere are some areas of the system that require a few too many clicks to get to, and to push communications out of the system it must be done manually and there is no function to have "mailing lists" for certain user groups.
April 3, 2019
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
December 18, 2018

“Cornerstone to learn”

OverallCornerStone is a pretty user friendly repository for internal and external training courses and provides a centralized repository for these training videos. If you have missed an live training, you can get it once it is saved and added to cornerstone.
ProsThe software is easy to navigate and use. I can easily and quickly see what I have been assigned for training and when it is due. I can also easily search for other courses and classes to sign up for and to take. I can easily see what I have started and not yet completed.
ConsThe signing after you have completed the course or class isn't as easy as it could potentially be. You have to go back and Open and scroll and then click to sign. It would be nice if there were less clicks to get to this signing function. I often forget to sign off after I have completed a training.
December 18, 2018
Abbey D.
Talent Specialist
November 6, 2015

“Love Cornerstone - Highly Recommend!”

OverallI personally have had a great experience with Cornerstone, from both a end user perspective and also from a system administrator perspective. Currently, we use the Core, Learning, Performance and Succession modules and each has impacted our workforce and internal workflow processes in their own ways. The thing I love about Cornerstone most is that their releases are filled with extremely relevant and useful upgrades. Other technologies that we use will upgrade their product just as regularly but there will be very little that we would actually consider implementing. Cornerstone listens to their user base and structures their releases in a way to meet the needs of the most request items. They are also very good about the overall user interface to ensure the technology is engaging for users. Cornerstone Support has always provided great direction from major configuration questions to best practice recommendations. When you submit a Care Ticket you typically get a response back within 24 hours and the feedback that is given is clear and concise. The only con really is that it is hard for us to keep up with all the upgrades that are made, but that is a problem that I am willing to have if it means the product is getting better and better!
Jeff R.
Learning and Development Trainer
Wholesale, 5001-10,000 employees

“Learning Transformation”

ProsSay goodbye to all those spreadsheets, hand written notes and calendar mess ups. Cornerstone has transformed learning and development in to the modern era by organizing information and simplifying processes. The byproduct of this is providing much more employee engagement than ever before.
ConsLearning how to use the software can be very time consuming.
Accounting, 5001-10,000 employees
September 6, 2019

“A Truly Integrated Experience”

ProsCurrently my organization is using Performance, Learning and Recruiting. An integrated system allows us to keep attributes of our user all within the same system.
ConsReporting is a challenge at times. You can get everything you need from the reporting interface but the API offers more opportunities.
September 6, 2019
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
September 7, 2018

“LMS for Salesforce”

OverallCreation and management of training courses.
ProsIntegrated with Salesforce. We love the fact that a user only holds a license for 30 days. If a user isn't actively taking training courses, their license can be used for other users. We have saved a lot on license costs as we don't have to purchase a license for each user. If a user only takes a course once a year, he is not holding onto that license for the entire year, just when he needs to take a course. This software uses scorm 1.2 which is the industry standard for packaging courses, so we were able to continue to use our previous LMS software training courses. This software also has an api that enables it to be integrated with our customer's system.
ConsIn our previous software, the training department was able to manage the software. Since this tool is integrated with salesforce, we now have to rely on our salesforce administrators.
September 7, 2018
Kristine H.
Supervisor, HRIS
November 14, 2017

“Initiative end user learning experience”

OverallI was able to take mandatory training as well as career development training. All of which was tracked and reportable to my manager. Easy to use and could take the training at home and not required to be in the office.
ProsEasy to review course catalog, read course descriptions and enroll in a course. As an end-user you can quickly see if your enrollment has been approved. I appreciated that certain courses required approval and had workflow built in behind them.
ConsAt time would get lost and frustrated on where I was in the course catalog and couldn't find the course I was looking for. After a few times of using this software I was able to navigate it much easier.
November 14, 2017
Gina P.
Associate Engagement Supervisor
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees
July 19, 2017

“It is a clunky system for one that has a reputation for being a good Learning Management System.”

ProsThe system offers many bells and whistles, such as Connect for collaboration. The problem is that nothing is very easy to use- the entire system is very clunky and not super intuitive for administrators. They do a better job for end users.
ConsAs a system administrator, I think it is clunky and not intuitive at all. there are many requirements to complete tasks such as setting up training classes that should be easier to accomplish.
July 19, 2017
Jessica M.
Manager, Talent Management Systems
December 30, 2015

“High Quality Product and Excellent Support Team!”

Overall I've been working in this industry for over 10 years and throughout my experience I have managed several different LMS systems, but CSOD, by far, has been the most impressive. During our LMS Selection process we evaluated over 27 vendors and scored/compared each across many different rating factors such as easy to use, low cost, easy to learn, extensive features/functionality, powerful reporting, customer service support etc. CSOD was the highest scoring vendor and after conducting hands on analysis and performing extensive due diligence (i.e. reference check, examining financial health, customer/industry reviews) we made the choice to move forward with CSOD. We haven't had any regrets since then. Our LMS implementation went very smoothly and we've been live for over one year now. The feedback we've received from our organization regarding the LMS has been nothing but positive, and due to this top management has decided to invest in the Recruiting and Onboarding modules.
December 30, 2015
Andriy V.
Project manager
December 29, 2015

“Great LMS system!”

OverallWe using only learning cloud. Functionality which exist now covering most of our scenarios. It cover also specific factory and pharma requirements. We still have a lot of requirements for future enhancements. We believe CSOD can do better in reporting and need to redesign some older modules (like Exams and Evaluations). But in general we are satisfy with CSoD functionalities PROS Cornerstone provide great customer support and client approach. They have very professional product management team. Cornerstone functionality covering most of the requirements from different industries for both white and blue collars. They have good possibility to configure solution and they keep delivering new enhancements every Release (quarterly) CONS As Cornerstone become bigger it is difficult to deliver enhancements with the same speed.Cornerstone need to increase number of developers to keep same level of enhancements quality and speed
December 29, 2015
Kathleen S.
November 20, 2015

“LMS Review”

OverallThis LMS was implemented in our company a couple of years ago. As part of the team in the selection process, it seemed to be a very easy to use, intuitive system and we were anxious to move onto the platform. Upon launching the LMS we found some items were more easily implemented than others and although we had multiple use cases in the selection process, this was a bit of a surprise. Additionally, it did not seem all that intuitive to our end users. That may have been a result of over customizing, but I would have liked to see Cornerstone advise us against the customization if it decreased user experience. However, it seems as this is a focus of CSOD and some of the newer features like the curriculum player is a great update and helps our end users understand their progress. We did have one situation that I was a part of that we escalated to customer service and while we did get resolution, it seemed to take a fairly long time and we had to involve a lot of people.
November 20, 2015
Kandi T.
Elearning Instructional Designer
November 16, 2015

“Pros and Cons”

OverallLearning implementation was difficult, because of all the configurability and our lack of understanding of the limitations. Before implementation, it would be extremely important to have a clear understanding and plan on how to use the 'groups' functionality. CSOD does make an effort to create good relationships with their clients. They continually make updates based on customer feedback. Their customer service can be intermittent, but when you have a good contact with CSOD things tend to be very successful. I would recommend working closely with another CSOD client in your industry prior to go live. Healthcare is very different than corporate (in learning) and we've had to learn a lot about what works and what doesn't. Overall, I would recommend the CSOD LMS, but don't assume everything will be perfect. Pros: ' Listens to the customer and makes changes to the system ' Course upload is simple ' Help menu can be a useful tool ' Editable welcome and custom pages ' Whole TMS package in one system Cons: ' User interface is still confusing to some end users ' User transcript report (because of custom healthcare education types) isn't clean ' Managers with 100+ subordinates have difficulty reporting on mandatory training ' External login is confusing for users that don't use it very often ' Nothing can be deleted in CSOD ' Groups isn't real time ' Custom reports isn't real time ' Evaluations don't appear as part of learning, they are 'tasks' ' The process for assigning mandatory training can be cumbersome ' Device registration is a requirement for mobile ' CSOD online training modules are long
November 16, 2015
Thomas d.
Sr. HR Business Partner
Accounting, 501-1000 employees
October 3, 2019

“Build to suit”

OverallSo far, so good.
ProsThe software is customizable and can be tailored to the business needs
ConsCoding knowledge is helpful. Also, if you have to go in after someone else builds an item, it takes a while to decode their programming.
October 3, 2019
Alex A.
Manager, Organizational Development
Retail, 501-1000 employees
February 13, 2018

“Overall, Cornerstone on Demand has been a frustrating process for us.”

Overalln/a
ProsThere are a lot of options to manipulate or customize the layout and content. Ability to host several file formats is nice.
ConsThere have been behavioral issues since we launched the tool. We continue to have issues with courses not loading or not recording as complete. Reoccurring training seems to work sporadically, allowing some to retake and others not.
February 13, 2018
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Not bad - Some reporting concerns”

ProsThe interface is fairly user-friendly and the help documents and navigation are set up well.
ConsSeems like there are too many clicks for liking of our users. Also, we've noticed some reporting errors (a term I'll use loosely, considering we may not be super-users and are not understanding the reporting criteria/filters/etc...)
September 6, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
May 12, 2018

“Great LMS system - easy to use and track”

ProsIt's easy to create new training modules and load them into the system, as well as assign tasks to team members. Great reporting for training compliance as well.
ConsThe system can be quirky at times. There are certain ways that things have to be done, and taking shortcuts won't complete a task.
May 12, 2018