Shareworks Ratings

Overall
3.7/5
3.9/5
2.5/5

About Shareworks

Shareworks is a complete and integrated Equity Management solution purpose-built to meet the unique needs of innovative companies. Easily control your equity plan, collaborate with teams, make more informed decisions and engage employees as never before. Trusted by more than 3000 companies, the Shareworks ecosystem is integrated so everything works together seamlessly for improved accuracy, collaboration and decision making. Learn more about Shareworks

Kevin M.
Analyst
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 23, 2019

“Very poor product with useless customer service”

ProsI used Shareworks to receive stock through an old company. The only thing I liked about this product is that it was low maintenance while the account was open.
ConsEverything from the User Interface to the customer service for this product has been a thorn in my side for the last two months. I am attempting to transfer my shares to a new broker for close to two months and the company is effectively holding my shares hostage. 1) The user interface is clunky and nothing is easy to find. There is nothing intuitive about any of the menu's or screens, it is hard to find what you are looking for without customer service's help, and that includes simple things like your own address or viewing your balances. 2) They have specific rules & policies in place that make it difficult to work with other banks. They are the only company that has denied me external requests and forced me to make any account changes through their system. 3) Their customer service is bad, friendly but incompetent. I have spoken to between 5 and 10 customer service agents in the last 2 months trying to figure out why transfers are failing. They all give you different answers to the same question. Even right now, I am speaking to customer service and I have gotten two different answers to the same question. Anything they tell you is from a script and you do not get accurate information unless you walk them through every step of the issue. For example "Your transfer was sent last week" usually leads to, "Oh, I looked again and it wasn't actually sent until today". There's something fishy going on with this company and I expect it is wide spread disorganization
April 23, 2019
Michael P.
Operations associate lead
Medical Devices, 501-1000 employees
October 1, 2018

“Never on time”

OverallOverall experience was crap. I've been using Solium since our Company became public. I made some transaction here and there but the last two transaction that i did for a large amount of money was delayed. I requested to wired the funds to my Bank. Normally it should take 3-5 business days. My last transaction actually is still on escalation. Sold my stock 2 weeks ago and still havent got it. Contacted Solium about the delay but they keep saying that the transaction has made and my Bank should have it by now. I called my Bank to verify if they have any pending transaction for me but they said they do not see anything on their end. My Bank asked me to call Solium and ask them for the FED IMAD or SSM. I called Solium about it and the rep said he requested the information from their bank and it will take time, so he said he'll call me back. I received a call from the rep stating that they do not provide those information. I asked to talk to a supervisor or manager to better understand what causing the delay. Finally they transfer the call to one of the supervisor from Solium. He said that the cause of delay might be the ABA routing number that i use is wrong. I told him, how is that possible if i verified that ABA routing number to one of my Bank rep over the phone. He said he will send a escalation to their operations team about it and contact me within 24-48 hours. I found out that the note he pout on the escalation was "i put the wrong ABA routing"
ProsSolium website is easy to use and very straight forward.
ConsThere's always delay when you do transaction
October 1, 2018
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees
February 1, 2019

“Love the dashboard”

OverallAbsolutely love it. I enjoy checking things at a glance and it is easy to navigate which is perfect when I don't have a lot of time to check on things.
ProsThe dashboard is my favorite part due to the ease of seeing my account and important information at a quick glance. Also how it shows the current stock price at the top of the page allows me to know what is going on with our shares.
ConsDon't have any negative feedback on the software. It is exactly what I need and is displayed how I like to see things.
February 1, 2019
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
August 26, 2018

“Very easy to navigate, not easy to obtain tax rates”

OverallPretty darn good.
ProsI really enjoy the platform layout and the ability to choose the country and stock plan you want to view the rules for. It's also great to have the employee tax guides per country and award. The rules themselves are pretty easy to understand. Our client service managers are great and very helpful. I love the email updates of country taxation.
ConsI wish the tax rates were easier to find and more broken out into appropriate tax tiers for certain countries. Also, while it's generally easy to understand the advice in the tax guides, some of the language isn't 100% clear.
August 26, 2018
Eric M.
Director of Finance
April 11, 2018

“The software is okay, but could be more user friendly.”

ProsThe software seems to do its job of properly calculating the stock compensation expense for us, but also seems to be somewhat not user friendly. The customer service is also lacking in ability to help at times I feel. I feel like it takes some time to get responses sometimes.
ConsThe interface is confusing and not easy to use in my opinion. It feels like a dated interface that is not what people are used to today.
April 11, 2018
David T.
Sr Director
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
December 7, 2018

“Clear and easy”

ProsI find seeing and understanding my options simple and easy. The UI is easy to navigate
ConsNothing for me on this one. Not much to say I like this software.
December 7, 2018
Leilani G.
Director of Contracts Administration
June 5, 2018

“user friendly and intuitive”

ProsI like how this software develops reports, analyses and is user friendly. Very easy to run graphs and also very easy to understand the graphs that are generated.
ConsIt would be nice to see additional functionalities in report analyses, research articles or resources to help people understand their shares.
June 5, 2018