Content Snare Ratings

Overall

About Content Snare

A content management solution to gather, organize, & access content, create requests & schedules, manage internal projects, and more. Learn more about Content Snare

Alan H.
Web Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 1, 2017

“Always look forward to learning what's new in Content Snare”

OverallContent Snare is a huge time saver when it comes to the usually painful task of extracting text and media content. It also helps with scoping out all the requirements you have from your clients and getting a quick insight into what content is still outstanding.
ProsOne of the best things about Content Snare is that whilst it is still 'young' in terms of its time in the market, it has some great features and the developers are keen to listen to their users and evolve the product to best suit their needs. Things that were a bit of an issue one week, are resolved and improved upon the next. It is an ideal solution for collecting detailed information from clients for all kinds of projects and at a glance, both the client and us can see exactly what information is still required to complete a project. The fact it gently 'nudges' them with follow up emails is a huge time saver for us. Plus, it tells us when they have added new content so we can gauge the progress of all our projects.
ConsCurrently emails etc are all Content Snare branded, sending from their domains, which has added some confusion for our clients. Also, for some reason, clients have had difficulty 'signing up'. It's a very straight forward process so we have taken to sending the invitation to clients and then walking them through the sign up process and giving them a quick tour of how it all works. There are videos available, but we have found 5 minutes on the phone adds a personal touch and compared to the time Content Snare will save us, it's worth the input.
October 1, 2017
Vernita K.
Web Designer
September 27, 2017

“I receive content within days of the request being sent, I'm saving so much time not chasing clients”

OverallI save a lot of time and frustration not having to chase clients and resending emails over and over. The content is all in one neat little package that the client can complete as and when and I can get everything from Content Snare rather than try to gather content from emails, Dropbox, WhatsApp messages and voice message. I can customise each request according to the client's needs, save templates and reuse for the next project. I can now spend my time planning and building the websites rather then on admin.
ProsI love that I can customise each request to the specific client. I can even phrase the questions in the client's native language which makes communication so much easier. I can save requests or part of a request as a template which means I can reuse it for the next request. This speeds things up tremendously. As the client answers questions in the request, I receive an email to say that question has been completed. This is a great feature if you are waiting for content. The customer service is definitely one of the best I have ever seen for an application. They have a chat option where you can ask questions as you set up the request or you can email any questions or suggestions and the reponse time is fantastic.
ConsYou have to take the time to get to know the application - just like any other application really. I would not say it has a steep learning curve but give yourself a few hours to play around and get familiar with how it works. Note that I still gave 4 stars for Ease of use so I don't see it as a problem at all.
September 27, 2017
Kellee C.
Managing Director

“Huge Time Saver”

OverallI have enjoyed it. It gets clients who just won't give you what you need to move forward better than any other program I've tried. It's not just some Google Docs or Google Forms knock-off.
ProsI love that this program will remind your clients for you that they have not given you the information and content you need to do your job. Allowing you to do your job and not waste time reminding clients.
ConsThe setup takes some time. However, this is understandable. You are asking YOUR customers for the information YOU need. There is no way for Content Snare to be able to predict that. But, they do try. There are quite a few preconfigured templates in there for new users to use. Once you create your templates it's easy from there.

“Great for Productivity”

ProsContent Snare really does make it much more convenient to acquire content from customers for their web projects.
ConsFor files, some of the file requirements/restrictions are problematic for some less-technologically-inclined customers. They often do not know what they need to do to prep the files for delivery, nor do they have the time.
bryan S.
Senior web designer
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
February 19, 2019

“Saves time and client like to use it”

OverallSee above :)
ProsWe can adapt it to work well with our design system, makes website building more efficient, fits effortlessly in the way we work as a company and a team. Clients enjoy using Content Snare too, it saves us time and the client money, because we don't have to build costly functionality into our Website CMS, for the client to amend pages or elements.
ConsNot much really - can sometime be a bit slow, and would like the option to manage section templates better, we are adding more section templates each week and when we want to use one have to use a very long selection menu now, would like a pop up page/modal function to choose from a page with a search and fi
LaTasha H.
February 19, 2019

“Content Snare is a necessity for web developers”

OverallI am a web developer that specializes in WordPress theme development. In the past, clients would send content via email, which is cumbersome because some of the messages go to spam or its not in the right format or they forget to attach a file and on and on. Content Snare helps me to eliminate all of these frustrations by allowing me to set up content requests with instructions and due dates so I get what I need, how I need it, when I need it. If you are a web designer or web developer or any other person that relies on others to provide you content, you need Content Snare.
ProsAutomatic reminders to clients to submit their content.
ConsIt does not currently integrate with Zapier. Ideally I would love to be able to automate creating new clients in Content Snare after they are added to my CRM. I would also like a secure way for clients to submit their passwords for any accounts I need access to.
Angie N.
Creative Entrepreneur
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2017

“Content Snare has made amazing improvements to my business workflow.”

OverallI get a smooth workflow and that will allow me to scale my business.
ProsI love that I can set up templates and gather all the client information in one place. My new developer was really impressed also to find all the client content all together ready to go.
ConsThe thing I like least about Content snare is that I didn't have it 12 months ago! Until Content Snare I was having all the traditional issues of content submission being the bottleneck in my business.
Kris J.
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
February 19, 2019

“Use for a high growth SaaS startup”

OverallOverall, I have found Content Snare to be a must have for any web design agency or any agency that has trouble getting content from clients.
ProsThis product is unlike anything I have come across. The way it collects content from a client in an easy fillable form is genius. The add-on features of the CRM tool or automatic emails saves our team a lot of time from following up. The templating feature is also great!
ConsI wish they had a better sitemaping tool. The way the pages are ordered on the request is the biggest issue we run into with a client. However, James, the founder reached out to me personally to let me know a new sitemapping tool is in the works.
Imogen A.
Web Designer
October 2, 2017

“I'm a web designer capturing content from clients for their websites”

ProsI love the fact that you can make create one place where the client can write in the content that they need for their website. You create the structure based on the website wireframe and it makes it so easy to bring the content together. My clients tell me it gets them really focused and keeps them on track. That makes my life so much easier.
ConsTo get the best out of Content Snare you need to spend some time creating a great structure so that it makes it's so easy for the client to "write about this here" in each section, so that it seems effortless to them but you get back great content and get it back quickly!
October 2, 2017
Cat B.
Design, Self-employed
September 26, 2017

“The most useful software I own to streamline my business (& clients) that saves me so much time!”

OverallIt enabled me to support a business that recently launched some amazing software that has really helped my business :)
ProsAfter I completed the initial set-up of forms, in a couple of clicks I can send the requests to my clients to fill out. Each client has their own folder where all of their content is collated. You can track progress and send out reminders. There is no dodgy formatting that comes with client content!
ConsI struggled a bit with the initial set-up, however, the support I received was excellent and everything is now a breeze (so not really a con!)
December 24, 2018

“Great Concept”

ProsGenus. The ability to have fields for all fo the info you need from clients, and then sending them automatic reminders is amazing.
ConsI think the client-facing interface could be more user-friendly. Something as simple as save buttons rather than checkboxes would help a lot.
December 24, 2018