OnPay Ratings

Overall

About OnPay

Growing businesses love OnPay. "It's an easy, quick, mobile-friendly system that doesn't require a steep learning curve," according to Entrepreneur's list of the best small business payroll solutions. Pay employees by direct deposit, automate tax payments and filings, and get OnPay's guarantee that filings will be error free. For $36 plus $4 per employee (and no hidden fees), get unlimited pay runs for hourly, salaried, tipped workers, and contractors. You can even add benefits in all 50 states. Learn more about OnPay

Miriam B.
manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2018

“Great (probably the best) online payroll service”

OverallI really love this online payroll service. After a lot of research of a variety of payroll options, we moved from Paychex to OnPay a couple of years ago and it was absolutely the right move. I can't speak for large companies, but for small and medium sized companies I do believe this is the best, most reliable and most economical service available.
ProsI run a small business and onpay is perfect for processing our payroll. Some of the features we love: 1) Easy to use interface 2) Employees enter all their own bank information, withholdings, etc. 2) Employees can log in to download their own tax forms, details of previous pay runs, etc. (I don't need to print or distribute these forms or information.) 3) Onpay takes care of all the appropriate taxes, etc. 4) Although I am on a biweekly pay cycle, I can run a payroll whenever I want. (For instance, I can make a separate holiday bonus run) 5) I can easily switch between paper checks or direct deposit if needed 6) It's easy to adjust an employees pay or add other categories of payment 7) Great customer support. Whenever I have had a question or needed assistance, I have had the answer pleasantly and quickly 8) It's a great value and you get what is promised. I don't get any emails asking me to purchase other services or upgrade or other things that I don't need. 9) The transition from our previous payroll service to Onpay was easy and seamless.
ConsWhen I am out of the country, I have a hard time running payroll. I know this has to do with internet security, but I wish there was a straight-forward way to accommodate this issue.
Raquel A.
Payroll
Printing, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2019

“Payroll Is Now A Breeze”

OverallOnPay has made doing payroll enjoyable. They are quick to answer questions or concerns. They do the filings for multiple states for the same price. They will even do the year end reports like W-2s and W-3s. The ease of use is exceptional.
ProsWhat I like the most is the employee portal option, as well as the ease of pulling payroll tax reports. It's very easy to make changes as needed to employees profiles.
ConsWhat I like least is the function to pay Paid time off, or any other benefit, it's not as intuitive to use it. It took me a little while to figure it out.
September 24, 2019
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2019

“You should be using this payroll service!”

OverallI have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.
ProsEasy to Use Great Support Inexpensive Handles multiple local withholdings easily Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings
ConsI didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.
July 22, 2019
Marc A.
Accountant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2019

“OnPay payroll software ”

OverallWe are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.
ProsWhat I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.
ConsThere is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.
October 10, 2019
Peter C.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“OnPay satisfaction”

OverallThe big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.
ProsVisually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable. OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.
ConsThe OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.
Will C.
December 5, 2018

“I haven't used any other payroll software, but that's because OnPay has proven to be excellent.”

OverallOnPay does everything I need from a payroll perspective, from onboarding through WA State L&I taxes & federal payroll taxes. It makes being a business owner so much simpler than some of the payroll horror stories I've heard.
ProsIt's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm not always at the shop when I need to add an employee or check out if someone has PTO or something to that effect. The price is fantastic and the support has been superb. I've had to open a couple of support tickets due to issues I had early on with not understanding how to do payroll (brand new business owner) and they've been phenomenal. Very fast support response and they're always helpful.
ConsIt's likely not so much a con against OnPay as it is against payroll in general, but the process was a little confusing at first. Figuring out which payroll items to use for things like QSEHRA wasn't immediately obvious, but looking through the Knowledge Base or asking their support team I was eventually able to figure it out. This did mean I needed to make some retroactive corrections which OnPay was able to handle for me.
Jasha C.
chief cook and bottle washer
December 7, 2017

“This software does exactly what I need - Pay folks, keep track of the taxes.”

OverallI don't have to learn and keep up with tax laws. I don't have to pay Kelly Services to keep up with payroll for a single part time employee. It's super easy to use and my employee gets notice that payroll has been processed as soon as I submit it. We use direct deposit and employee loves that. The software saves me time and money and gets the job done right with almost no effort on my part.
ProsI run a small business with one part-time employee. Onpay is easy to use for weekly pay. They pay my employee, allowing her to split between checking and savings. They make the deductions required by law and do the filings. In essence, they do everything except enter the time my employee worked each week. It's very, very easy to use. Useful reports are available when they are needed. I've not used customer support, that's why I rated it 3 stars.
ConsThe initial set up took a little effort, and I remembering it being not real clear. I have not had any other problems.
December 7, 2017
Bruce W.
Buisness Owner
April 2, 2018

“It works as long as it works. If theres a compilation go ahead and cancel the account.”

ProsDashboard right online where I can customize all my payroll calculations. I can handle everything from the my laptop.
ConsYou get what you pay for. Onpay is an inexpensive solution to payroll needs for a small business. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a good accountant to take on a small account. It was perfect as far as scale goes and its a really brilliant concept. The trouble came when my state Department of Revenue blocked Onpay from fileing my payroll taxes. There did seem to be a legitimate issue and I am convinced that the guys and gals at Onpay were taking the correct steps to file my taxes but "shockingly" there seemed to be some incompetence on part of my state government. So why am I disappointed in Onpay? When they were unable to make the filing on my behalf they informed me of the difficulty and asked me to verify the information I provided. I was back and forth with the State and Onpay multiple times. Reassured the information was correct... Informed it still didn't work... this cycle played out two or three times. This is the point at which I feel Onpay failed me as a customer. Instead of reaching out and assigning A resolution specialist to run this thing to ground, they let me out to dry. because I messed around trying to get Onpay to help me resolve the issue I am now incurring penalties and am faced with paying a tax profesionals consulting fee to work the tangles out of my tax filings. My advice, go local where you can sit down with the pro and let he or she shepherd you through the maze.
April 2, 2018
Shannyn H.
Construction, 1-10 employees

“OnPay Review”

OverallOnPay is fantastic. I can't imagine you will be disappointed with their outstanding service.
ProsI have been using OnPay for my company's payroll needs since November 2016 and it is fantastic. It is one stop shopping for all of my payroll needs from the overall functionality of the system to the payroll and tax reports the system prepares (and files) on my behalf. But my most favorite feature of this system is their chat functionality. When I am running payroll or have questions, they are always available to me and help me with my questions and issues. They walk me through every step and sometimes even suggest a phone call to help me with my issues. I've never been left w any issue outstanding. It is fantastic.
ConsMy accountant doesn't love the way the data exports out of the OnPay system into my Quickbooks company file.
Wesley H.
October 25, 2017

“Great UI, Easy to reach Customer Service, Dependable”

ProsThe user interface is easy to use. I simply plug in the payroll hours and after a few steps I'm done. I don't have to worry about figuring out taxes, unemployment, etc. It also takes of my W2's at the end of the year. When I need help, I can chat via messenger or email them and I get a response in a day or so. Its also the cheapest I have found. Everyone I worked with has always been really nice. I have saved a lot of time.
ConsMore reports using charts instead of just numbers. Being able to compare previous years to see how your doing in comparison. Its very possible that this is already implemented and I just have not figured it out. It would be nice to have a Clock in - and Clock out program attached to this so that I do not have to do it on a separate program.
Cynthia P.
Controller
Accounting, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“OnPay has been fantastic!”

OverallI've only used onpay for the basic payroll functions, but it has simplified the process for me. I do the payroll for 5 different companies and it's so easy to switch between them and take care of them all at once. I love the low fees and that I can run multiple payrolls a month for the same fee amount. I also like that it's easy to quickly cancel and resubmit a payroll when I realized I forgot to include a new employee's deduction.
ProsOnPay is super easy to use. It's easy to navigate the website and to access reports. Everything is laid out easily, so you know what information you need to include and how to input it in the software as you're setting up the company, adding employees, and running payrolls. Anytime I've had a question, I've been able to chat online with a customer service agent and get immediate direction on how to do something.
ConsThere's nothing that I really don't like about the software. Everything is straightforward and easy to use.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Good Choice for a Small Business Service Provider”

OverallAs a small business, OnPay has served my payroll needs affordably which I really appreciate as ever penny matters. And the service they provide is great. I feel alot better working things through with them as the stress goes away if I thought I made a mistake I can't fix.
ProsPayroll is very new for me to do and I needed support. OnPay reviewed well, but their service has been great. Very timely when I send or call asking for help as often I didn't know what to do. The reps would walk me through it and problem solved (as well as the stress considering I'm in CA which has a lot of rules to follow). Cost structure is fair as I pay the base price then only for the employees who have worked for me that month which is really nice as my business is seasonal.
ConsSometimes working through the different tabs is hard then to find the report I want to create the filter. It takes getting used to and some hits & misses. Or the pay structure is flexible in some parts and other ways not in how I use it. But compared to other services, their pay structure is way more flexible.
Mackenzie S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Payroll Made Easy”

OverallProducing our payroll is made so easy with onpay. It is awesome to be able to email the employees their "check stubs" instead of wasting paper printing them.
ProsOnpay is super user-friendly. The software was perfect for new/inexperienced business owners to navigate as well as teach to other employees. Customer support may be one of the best features of the site. They are super knowledgeable about everything from simple user errors to complicated tax questions.
ConsThe site often tells me my session is expired when I first log in, which means I get automatically logged out and have to log in again. Sometimes it will have two times in a row. I'm not sure if direct deposit is an option with onpay but it would be nice.
September 25, 2019
Patricia M.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“This will save you a lot of time and money!”

OverallOver the past 9 months that I have used OnPay I have only had positive experiences and I would highly recommend that you check them out and see how much money they can save you too!
ProsWe have had numerous times when we have had a question or we do not where to find something within their system and we can immediately, via their live chat, ask a question and get immediate help. OnPay is very easy to set up and to use. If you have a question or a problem they will walk you thru the process of what you need to do by giving you clear step by step directions. On Pay has saved our company money in bookkeeping time for not only the writing of payroll checks to the employees, but the tracking of vacation and sick leave and all of the different tax entities that must be paid each month, quarter or annually.
ConsSo far I haven't found anything that I can say I dislike about the program. If I would change anything it might be to increase the number of companies that they can integrate the time sheets from or maybe create their own.
John J.
Controller
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Best payroll company I've used in 20 years!”

OverallFirst of all, as a small business owner, I was being charged way too much with the previous 2 "full service" payroll providers. I went on the search for an online option. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. I get better customer services, with answers promptly from employees at OnPay who know what they are doing. Much better service than I ever received at the "full service" providers. The website is very user friendly. Entering payroll bi-weekly is easy, and I always receive a friendly reminder when it is time for me to run payroll. There is unlimited access to your account and reports, and you can run payroll and/or bonuses as many times a month as you'd like, for a very reasonable monthly fee. The fee I pay now compared to what I used to pay is 1/3. And like I said before, the customer service at OnPay is far superior.
ProsVery user friendly. There are prompts for when I may have made a mistake in my entries, and it has kept me from making those mistakes!
ConsI have nothing to say about this. I think it's great!
Valerie D.
VP
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“Easy and Inexpensive”

OverallExcellent - payroll is now quick and easy. Support staff is extremely helpful.
ProsIt's easy to use - payroll is quick and painless
ConsIf an employee has a one time deduction, you have to dig down into the employee profile to include the deduction and then, once payroll's complete, you have to go back into the employee profile and unclick the deduction; otherwise it will take it again next payroll. You should be able to check a box on the payroll page so you don't have to hop around.
July 19, 2019
Colin R.
November 29, 2018

“Easy to use with great customer service.”

OverallOnpay does make payroll a breeze! It's one of the best returns on an expenditure in my business. The time saved and the psychic energy it frees up makes me very happy!
ProsTheir online portal is easy to use. Once you're set up all the information you need for managing payroll/taxes/pto etc is at your fingertips. My wife and I both have separate companies and I do the payroll for both. I'd been using ADP in my business for 8 years but I started her with Onpay about 16 months ago to give it a shot. I'll be switching my co. to Onpay as of the 1st of the New Year.
ConsThe integration with Quickbooks was a little difficult to find and implement in the beginning. The customer service folks were very helpful but I think that could use a little redesign to make it a little more intuitive and eliminate the need for CS coaching.
Deborah M.
October 5, 2017

“I have found On Pay easy to use - everything you need is at your fingertips. ”

OverallI relieves me of the time it would take and allows me to get on with the day to day running of the business. I do not have the headache of having to calculate payroll, file and pay taxes ect. It is all taken care of. All I have to do is enter the hours and print the reports off. It is easy!
ProsI like the simplicity of the site. Staff are always at hand instantly and always helpful and resolve any questions I have - nothing is too much trouble. Reports are all there to print off. It allows me to get on running the business and not have to worry about calculating payroll, submitting taxes and filing - it is also worth every penny. Talk about value for money!!! Very happy!
October 5, 2017
Chris L.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2017

“Pretty Flawless. ”

OverallPuts me in control of Payroll data entry. Allows multiple pay runs without extra cost. Gives employees access to their payroll records.
ProsCustomer support is great. Any issue or question that I have encountered is addressed almost instantly. I have had terrible experiences with other payroll companies in the past concerning egregious data errors on their end leaving our company to clean up the mess. Onpay puts the onus on the employer to properly enter payroll data and works flawlessly from there. Tax support is quick and helpful.
ConsThere is little to not like. We've only had minor issues with tax reporting that we're promptly addressed by Onpay.
September 30, 2017
Zach S.
Accounting Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
May 21, 2019

“Great Company for Payroll”

ProsThe software is easy to learn and use. You can usually find what you are looking for pretty quickly.
ConsOnly thing I wish could be done is to have some sort of way for employees to sign documents through the software.
May 21, 2019
Samik T.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 19, 2018

“OnPay Review”

OverallEverything is great for price.
ProsOne of the customer support, I interacted many times. he is awesome, proactive, very helpful and on the top to resolveissues. Regards, Sam
ConsNothing
November 19, 2018
Suzan A.
CFO/COO
Education Management, 1-10 employees
October 25, 2017

“OnPay has been fantastic for our company. Autodeposit for our staff, easy use for me. ”

Overallauto deposit, and filling of payroll taxes.
ProsIt is easy to use, remembers the last payroll (useful if things do not change much), has good reporting features. I love that I no longer have to file with the state (the prior person was always doing it incorreclty!) Cusomter services is topnotch.
ConsI would really like to print all the paychecks (live and direct deposit) as soon as I finish the payroll. Since we do direct deposit, it is a second step to go to the page where I can print all the checks. Seems silly. Sometimes it is difficult to find where things are... but it is getting better and better.
Cyril C.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
May 22, 2019

“OnPay is the best Cloud Based Payroll Software on the Market”

OverallOverall Onpay is really a great product. My only worry is usually payroll companies usually warranty that they will process your payroll correctly. Unlike other payroll companies, OnPay makes the user enter the tax rates into their system which at the end transfers the liability partially back to the user and as a business owner, I do not like that at all.
ProsThe user interface is REALLY well designed. They have made onboarding recently really easy. Any questions you have can be quickly addressed with the chat button.
ConsI have had trouble a couple of times with Tier 1 Tech Support understanding a bug. Took me about a year to get them to fix the issue.
May 22, 2019
Bruno F.
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2019

“Quick and easy payroll”

OverallVery good, always have help available.
ProsI find the interface very easy to use, the reports have the information we need and everything works as it should. I appreciate the live chat for quick questions.
ConsNothing, everything works as it should .
May 7, 2019
Tom W.
October 26, 2017

“Extremely happy with my experience so far”

ProsI added my first employee a little over a year ago. I looked into mulitple payroll companies and decided to go with OnPay. I am extremely happy with my choice. At this point, I only use them for payroll and it is only one employee, but I know they have additional services that will help me as I continue to grow. The peace of mind knowing they take care of all the taxes has been awesome. When you compare it to QuickBooks Payroll and the fact you pay for the payroll service and then still have to take care of the taxes yourself makes the additional cost of using OnPay a no brainer. Simplicity and ease of use Customer support when I have needed it The fact they take care of all the taxes
Renee C.
October 26, 2017

“Great payroll option for small businesses”

ProsPrice - it's very affordable especially for a small business micro managing expenses. No nickel & dime costs like charging you to mail checks, I simply print them from my own computer. Unlimited payroll runs each month - most companies charge you per payroll run. Unlimited payroll runs and ability to print your checks in house?
ConsI have run into a few technical issues over the past 2 years (most recent: invite to a new employee wasn't received) but nothing major. A bit of a learning curve - some things aren't super intuitive but for me it's nothing that impedes my ability to process payroll semi monthly efficiently. One time I did have an issue with a tax form not being submitted and required a follow up with OnPay - but they handled the situation and agreed to pay any penalty that might be assessed. Never heard anything more from the state so appeared to have been taken care of and haven't had an issue since.
Isaac W.
Co-Founder & CEO
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 2, 2018

“Great for payroll, doesn't hold your hand”

ProsIt is very easy to get payroll up and running. Additionally, it has a good quickbooks integration, however it doesn't tell you that the quickbooks connection only lasts 30 minutes which is why you have to log in each time. It also has a great user interface and feels very modern and sleek, which is nice to have for payroll.
ConsThe automated filings for things such as UI and WC can get a bit difficult, especially if you have your own coverage. It also doesn't ask you if you already are compliant when you tell it you are a new company. It doesn't need to in order to function, but it would be nice for small companies to have the extra bit of guidance.
May 2, 2018
Julia R.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Onpay review”

OverallI have been able to pay and get paid without having paperstubs and keeping all of our taxes in one spot.
ProsI like that when I was employed by two companies that used this OnPay I could choose which company I need my paystubs from and that they were in the same place.
ConsI didn't like the user interface. It seemed a little out dated, I also helped my boss with setting up new employees and with what there is now for software it seemed a little archaic.
September 12, 2019
Suzanne C.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Great for the small business!”

ProsWe are a small business and were looking for an affordable way to do our payroll. We get a great value for our money. I enter payroll and they do the rest. Even when I've made errors on my side their customer service has always been readily available to work through the issue. We've been using them a few years and year end filings have all been seamless. I highly recommend them.
ConsI have been using for a few years and have no complaints.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“OnPay Payroll System”

ProsAs it was my first time to do an online payroll system I wanted a program which filed all the paperwork for me and keep track of my payroll. I like the fact that i have a number which i can call to talk to someone regarding issues i may have, like when i had to add a payroll deduction. I can also chat online immediately with OnPay employee to explain any new things that i am starting or having problems with.
ConsWhen i first started working in the software I was somewhat lost, until i watched some videos and called the customer service line, this is important to get everything correct before you start working on the program, maybe just a start-up letter would have helped me during those initial few days.
TAMMY E.
Finance and Administrative Officer
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2018

“I never imagined payroll could be this easy!”

OverallI have peace of mind and more time in my day. I stressed every payroll cycle and every payroll deposit. Then all the reports each quarter and all the annual tax obligations. If I made one mistake, it could throw off everything and cause me hours of frustration. Now, because it's in someone else's very capable hands, I can concentrate on the other many other aspects of my job. It's the best, most affordable service I have ever purchased!
ProsIt's user friendly. If there are any problems, I can just go to "CHAT" and someone is always there immediately to help me understand what I may have done wrong and what I need to do to fix it.
ConsI would like someone to help me with set up and review all of my entries with me to be sure I meant to set it up that way. A simple error can make a huge mess in the future.
January 9, 2018
Arek R.
Construction, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2018

“Great solution for a small business our payroll is very easy to process! ”

OverallEasy to operate for someone without experience in finance or HR, great price, running payroll is simple and effortless.
ProsThe software is very intuitive and easy to use. I had no problem setting it up and like that employees are sent a link to input their personal and bank information upon hire/set-up. This removed the possibility of data entry errors for me and also saved time. The dashboard and reports are easy to read for someone without an HR or finance background. I particularly enjoy the warnings that alert me when something could be off during payroll processing. For ex., if an employee's pay is 15% more or less than the average of the last 2 payrolls a warning alerts me to this and I can double check my entry (our employees are paid on an hourly basis so their hours can vary).
ConsThe direct deposit set-up was a bit tricky and the only part of the process that was not intuitive. However, a quick chat with a customer service representative quickly got me back on track and I was able to set up direct deposit for our employees.
May 30, 2018
Susan M.
Pres
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2017

“Easy setup. Quick responsive feedback. I love the chat feature. Good Value”

ProsI like the ease of use, the ability to direct deposit pay roll and the reports can be manipulated to produce pertinent information. All the with holdings are deducted and entities paid.
ConsCan't say anything bad. There has been an occasional glitch that was addressed immediately. Maybe email notifications would be a useful feature to add when payments are debited. But it is all on line to view.
Tami E.
Administrative Supervisor
October 25, 2017

“I love this service! It's so easy and most of all quick to use. ”

ProsI did payroll myself for 17 years. From writing all the checks to employees to tax payments and reports to the government. I had to be present in the office every payroll cycle. Now I have the ease of doing payroll from any computer anywhere and the checks are all direct deposited and ALL taxes and reports are done for me! Life is so much easier!
ConsIt was a little difficult to set up because you want to be absolutely sure all information is correct and all proper boxes have been checked. You are dealing with your employees money and the federal government for taxes. Just make sure to have one of the Onpay consultants thoroughly review your data before going live and you will love this service!
Barb B.
October 16, 2017

“Simply simple, easy set up and format. Love it. ”

ProsI love how easy it is to see everything that is important. Setting it up was super easy and it was my first time doing payroll so that made the experience great. The price is great, they file the correct paperwork for you, their customer service is amazing and they are always so friendly when a question is asked. The support site is super informative and makes life that much easier. When you run a small business you want stuff to run this easy and seamless. Cannot go wrong.
October 16, 2017
Catherine C.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

“OnPay”

OverallIt has been very easy to use
ProsI am new to processing payroll and I love that when I have a questions I can call OnPay and an actual person answers (without having to press a million prompts to get a person) and will walk me through whatever my situation is.
ConsI have never used a different payroll software so I have no issue with it.
Annie E.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“Great Platform for My Small Business”

OverallWe had tried other payroll options but as soon as we switched to OnPay, we were certain that this was the platform for our company. The platform is extremely easy to set up and I can pay my full-time employees and contractors all within the same system. Whenever I have a question, their live chat is quick to respond to get me done and on with my day. Excellent platform - would highly recommend it!
ProsThe transparent pricing and excellent customer service make this an ideal platform for my business.
ConsI don't have anything negative to say about this platform.
October 4, 2017

“Great payroll service that helps us get our small payroll done quickly and cost-effectively”

OverallOn-line payroll service that does everything I need for a good price.
ProsEasy to use and flexible to run payrolls as necessary, takes care of all required Fed and State reporting
ConsHandling of quarterly Owner payroll is not as intuitive, but not difficult, especially with good customer support. But, would be nice to have quarterly as an option.
Orjana T.
October 26, 2017

“Amazing company with prompt customer service and very easy to use. Meets all my needs. ”

ProsCustomer service is amazing. They are very prompt and knowledgeable. The chat option is so convince to and easy to use.
Himal R.
Manager: Payroll and Accounting
Cosmetics, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2017

“We are using it from 1/1/17 and it seems good. ”

ProsUser interface is easier to understand. Easy to use step by step to input data on it. Easy to generate reports.
ConsThere is very few options to change as we need and when we contact to your team, they always say will forward to development team, but very few of them resolved.
Barney E.
October 4, 2017

“Have been using for over 2 years now. Been very happy overall”

ProsVery easy to use once set up. Very affordable. If/when issues arise, customer service is very quick to respond and provides immediate solutions.
ConsA little tricky to get set up properly in the beginning. But once set-up, very easy to use. Limitations with routing payroll data to multiple quickbooks accounts.
Nicolai S.
Production Assistant
October 4, 2017

“This software has proven itself to be a reliable and accessible digital payroll service.”

ProsThere's a clear layout and access to clear reporting trends, which I wasn't expecting with a smaller company. Their mobile site is also very much on point, and I find it easy to run payroll even when I'm not around.
ConsThe one issue that I have is that I can't get reports on specific run times- I can only get the data for specific days, even if there were multiple separate pay runs on that date. If I need to exclude sets, I need to do so manually.
Mark S.
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
July 23, 2019

“OnPay Review”

OverallSimple tool for implementing payroll and easy to set up new employees. Nice to have all the automated features to deal with employee sign ups.
ProsCustomer support has been exceptional, the team was responsive and very knowledgeable.
ConsSometimes reporting is a bit difficult to navigate
July 23, 2019
David S.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
December 1, 2018

“The last payroll company you will ever need.”

OverallSpend less time doing payroll freeing me up for doing things that can help build my business.
ProsEase of use, very intuitive combined with extremely professional and polite customer service personnel there when needed.
ConsCan't think of anything. I haven't encounter an issues.
December 1, 2018
Bill G.
attorney
November 2, 2017

“Easy to use and keeps me out of trouble with the taxing authorities.”

ProsIt is very easy to use. I used to spend a lot of time doing payroll. Now it only takes a few clicks per employee and I am done. When I do have a question (which is rare), I call and talk to a real person right away. I am so happy I don't have to manually do payroll anymore.
Holly H.
Pesident

“Using Onpay”

OverallOnpay has taken the work out of paying employees and reporting to the government. Fica taxes are done for you, soooo much easier!
ProsThis software is excellent. Very easy to use, very straightforward. Delighted with it.
ConsThere is a bit of confusion around commissions and salary, you have to go through a lot of steps to pay commissions, especially when they are once a month, and salaries are once every two weeks.
Matthew d.
Director of Recruiting
11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“Amazing payroll software that's quick and easy to use and understand.”

ProsSeeing your paychecks is a breeze, I had immediate access to my w-2's and all pertinent information immediately at the end of the year. It's also nice to see my pay broken down in graphs so I understand where my money is coming from, and where my taxes are going. I receive an email immediately upon pay runs and am able to log in and see the information I need.
ConsNo issues whatsoever with this product. It's worked without glitch or issue. Customer support is even fantastic helping with personally created issues such as incorrectly issued pay, etc.
April 23, 2018
Michelle P.
Administrator
January 10, 2018

“Great product and even greater customer support!”

ProsEase of use and the ability to make changes to our payroll online. Additionally there are so many features available with this product that makes using a payroll service obsolete. It is truly a one-stop shop for all of your payroll needs.
January 10, 2018
Sherrie M.
July 12, 2018

“As a new small business owner we have used Onpay for our payroll processing for a little over a year”

ProsBecause it is easy to use it is less time consuming when processing payroll. It's pretty easy to navigate as well! I can always count on excellent customer service.
ConsWe have certain aspects of our business that make it time consuming to run the correct reports for but that is just because of the nature of our particular business , not necessarily a con!
July 12, 2018
John W.
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2017

“Onpay is by far the easiest and cheapest payroll service I have used.”

Prosanyone can use it, just wish on this review you didn't have to use a minimum of 100 characters to submit it
ConsI have no cons with the software but cannot do this review unless I use a 100 characters, so I am just babbling
November 29, 2017